My Clients Plus Reviews

About My Clients Plus

My Clients Plus is a cloud-based medical platform. It is used by mental and behavioral health providers for medical practice management. My Clients Plus’ key features comprise therapy billing, client portal, to-do list, therapy...

4.8

Browse My Clients Plus Reviews

Reviewed on 09/11/2018

I'm a happy user

I've used MCP for many years, and was first introduced to is when I moved from a practice with a (cumbersome) billing system into my own practice. I've also shared it with several others who have started their own practices. In addition, I've used it for demonstration purposes with masters level students enrolled in a business for therapists class.

The customer service folks are knowledgeable, as well as friendly and professional. I also appreciate how quickly they respond.

Pros

I like the combination of ease of use and richness of the site. It is very user-friendly and intuitive - even someone who hasn't had a lot of experience can get started pretty quickly.

Cons

I don't like that two users (even with different log in names) can't be on at the same time; the newly signing on person boots the other user off.

Response from Therapy Brands

Thank you for your review and feedback. We would love to work with you on the multiple user issue that you mention. Each user can and should have their own username and can log into an account at the same time. If you are experiencing an issue with this, we would love to get that resolved with you.

Replied 20/11/2018
Claire

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

There are so many benefits to using this product and the customer support is outstanding!

Ease of filing claims and knowing they are being filed per industry standards. Ease of tracking information for each client as well as payments made by clients. The back up and support available by well informed representatives of MCP

Pros

The ease entering new client information through the process of entering sessions and filing electronically is a seamless process. I started using this system since 2007 and MCP is always on top of industry standards and continuously improving features with no price increase.
I refuse to pay a biller when I can electronically file primary and secondary claims for all the insurance companies all in one place. Isn't that amazing !!
You can easily see whether your claims have processed correctly so that you can correct any
errors you have made. I no longer file paper claims and the electronic filing process serves as
proof of a claim being submitted so I am assured that the insurance companies will acknowledge and pay. An added feature which I love is the ability to use charge card payments with each session by using the pay now option . I can't believe how much this system makes my life so much easier to track all aspects of my business....love it !

Cons

Like any system, it takes learning how to use it but I have found that when I needed help to learn the system, the staff was so helpful, answering questions within a very short time. The most cumbersome part of the process is entering eob's but even that has become faster. I do not feel a need to enter and use all the accounting aspects of the system and that works ok for me.

Rubin

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Overall, a decent program.

Pros

There is a bit of a learning curve at first, but this software is relatively easy to use once it is set up.

Cons

After being a committed customer for some years they locked me when my credit card was denied due to fraud. I communicated this to them and told them I'd have a new card shortly, but that didn't stop them. I needed to access patient data but was blocked. I feel this is insensitive and even unethical.

Response from Therapy Brands

Rubin, we're sorry for the misunderstanding. When a payment is declined for any reason, the system automatically sends an email explaining what happened and then prompts the user for a new payment method when they next log in.

The first time you contacted us via email, we did not understand that you were asking us to move your billing date another week or so because that is when you expected to receive a new business card. By the time we figured it out, you had already entered a new payment method and were using your account.

Replied 16/10/2017

Top My Clients Plus Alternatives

TherapyNotes, LLC

Momentum Scheduling

Diane

Reviewed on 10/11/2018

Terrific Support, Very Good Deal

The support staff is wonderful. The support staff is amazing. Like with most complex software, there is a learning curve at the beginning. These people will continue to talk you through smaller problems and make training appointments with you for more complex issues that are a little hard to wrap around at first (such as secondary insurances).

Pros

This software is easy to use (once trained), saves a ton of time not having to enter insurance payment information manually, and it comes a a much more reasonable price than other therapist billing and electronic record software. I love being able to charge client's for their co-pays, co-insurances, and deductibles as soon as I get the electronic claims in. Because this happens very quickly, I save a lot of money not having to bill clients, not chasing after them two months or more after their session date, etc. I get indicators if something has gone wrong with the billing and I can easily fix it and re-submit.

Cons

I did run into one rare incident in which I was not able to bill Regence as the secondary insurance when Humana was the primary. I could run the secondary through Availity, but I looked into that and it seemed so cumbersome as to not be worth the small secondary payment.

Jeff

10 Year User

Great overall experience. Many time saving features without an overabundance of mouse clicks to get things done. Fair price for the product. The product is always expanding and improving. I have, and will continue to, recommend it to other therapists.

Pros

It's very easy to use, and fits into my work flow well. Doing billing and writing notes is not why I got into this field, but My Clients Plus makes those tasks about as hassle free as possible.
MC+ has always had outstanding and very responsive customer service. I only have to contact them a couple times per year, but they are always fast and thorough with their responses.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to customize the list of interventions and the section with the list of treatment foci rather than having to find a template with the closest fit. It would also be nice if the items not checked in the list of interventions would not show up on the final note.
Jituzu works well, but my clients have difficulty remembering the name, which seems to make them less likely to use the client portal, especially infrequent users.

Jen
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

My Clients Plus for speech pathology

Pros

We have used MCP for ten years and have been very happy with the program. MCP is very user friendly and has fantastic customer support, always available for any and all questions. With updates and new features being added through the years, MCP provides exceptional quality of medical billing and patient account management. They also offer many add on programs (ie Jituzu) which interfaces to further streamline all aspects of medical practice.

Cons

Some forms or processes are not able to be edited after created, rather they need to be deleted and completely recreated. For example, if a session is billed incorrectly it cannot be edited. The session needs to be completely deleted and a new session created/billed. It can be tedious if numerous sessions are needing to be edited. MCP also does not have an app version which would be remarkably game changing if it did! Understandably it would be difficult to maintain HIPAA compliance in such a program, but would be a wonderful addition if it could be accomplished.

Amy

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Easy to use, help available if/ when you need it.

I've been using it for 5 years. I find this software interface to be intuitive, efficient, and easy to use. At the same time that it's easy to use, it doesn't sacrifice on quality. I don't use all the features that are available, such as running analytics and the Jituzu calendar, which costs extra. But I am very satisfied with the way it keeps progress notes and does billing. The customer service is stellar. On the rare occasion that I have a question, I get a real person on the phone with almost no wait at all. Each representative has been helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly.

Pros

I think the 1) Ease of use and the 2) Friendliness / helpfulness of the Customer Service Rep's are my two favorite things about this software. I spend about 20 minutes a week doing my billing and its pleasant and easy process.

Cons

I did't love the design of the Jituzu calendar, but it's not a big deal because you don't have to choose that option if you don't want it. If there were a different way that it could automatically import to my calendar and send reminders to clients, that would be great. But it's not a deal breaker for me.

Leigh Ellen

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

Excellent

Pros

The customer service is unrivaled. Every time I have an issue, they are able to resolve it and don't act like it's any problem to talk to me until we work it out. I have just been on the phone with a representative for help trying to export some data from another EHR. She stayed on the phone with me for an unreasonable amount of time trying to help, and most of the issue was not even with MCP but with the other system.

Cons

I wish there were more ways to customize the experience for the provider. Calendars that sync with billing would be helpful too.

Reviewed on 15/06/2018

Been using this service for almost 10 years. The program is great and customer service is...

Efficiency and additional records of my billing transactions.

Pros

I don't usually write reviews for most products, but their customer service is so helpful and friendly, every time I call, they should offer a clinic to other businesses, and especially to insurance companies, how to treat customers. I am a psychologist who sees between 8-10 patients per day, and it takes me less than a minute to submit my claims at the end of each day.

Cons

It's hard for me to get used to the newer format so I hope they still keep the old one as an option.

Simply the best!

Colleagues will ask me how much time I spend on billing and my answer is "close to zero". The only time involved was getting it set up originally, but now I enter my note after the session and it's on it's way to billing in no time. I'm also getting paid much faster than in the past. I simply cannot say enough good things about this program!

Pros

I had tried at least 3 other software programs prior to trying My Clients Plus, and this one is head and shoulders above all the rest. I think the combination of ease of use (user friendliness) and the excellent customer support are the two things that stand out the most.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about this program!

Dawn

Reviewed on 05/11/2018

Perfect for our chiropractic office!

Overall, I would definitely recommend My Clients Plus!

Pros

I love the affordability of this software. Our practice does not need a lot of bells and whistles, and this software is perfect. It is pretty user-friendly and the tech support people are fantastic. I have recommended this software to many chiropractic colleagues who are looking to simplify their office. The fact that ebilling is so easy is a definite plus!

Cons

I would like to be able to edit payments. I believe the software development team is working on this capability. Also, I would like more flexibility on the templates, although I believe the team is also working on this.

Jay

Very helpful

Great.

Pros

I've been using MyClientsPlus for about 2 years, and feel that my success in my private practice is partly due to them - I was able to avoid giving 7% of my total revenue to another person, and instead I learned how to do my own billing via MCP. Mostly, I want to recognize their Help department - I used them multiple times, and they were unfailingly prompt, specific, and well-regulated (compared to me!) when I needed them.

Cons

Well... the "Notes" could use some work (maybe making it easier for us to fashion our own?) and the "look" isn't snazzy. But these are paltry complains.

Janet

Reviewed on 04/10/2021

MCP for a small psychology practice

I am currently in the process of relocating my office. Not having masses of paper files to move is a relief.

Pros

I purchased MCP in 2013 when many newer software products were not available. I spoke with colleagues and they were primarily using MCP and were pleased. I have appreciated the customer service when I couldn't figure something out on my own. Generally, the product is intuitive, flexible and reliable. After eight years with MCP I am still satisfied.

Cons

I find the month-end statement process a bit duplicative and tedious.

Casey

Reviewed on 05/11/2018

Therapy Billing Support, LLC LOVES My Clients Plus!

Solves all billing problems!!

Pros

I am a biller...and the MCP software is the BEST software for billing!!!! I have worked in loads of softwares over the years, and will ONLY work in MCP now. The billing is efficient and clear...easy to reprocess those hard to process claims...easy to track client balances and track ALL claims to ALL insurance companies. WE LOVE MY CLIENTS PLUS!!! The software is easy to learn, and you will get paid for all of your work! Love it!!

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I do not like!!

Mary

Reviewed on 23/07/2016

Easy to Use and Excellent Customer Service

The customer service is amazing. Someone always answers the telephone and can walk you through the most complex questions to the simplest. Very friendly and easy to work with. The actual program is very user friendly and the help videos are easy to follow.

Pros

The ease of using the program and the simple menu screen are some of my favorite things. Being able to see which clients have insurance issues within 24 hours makes following up more efficient. The ability to electronically receive EOB's and scheduling are also favorite features.

Cons

Not being able to add messages to individual statements.

Mario

Reviewed on 10/11/2014

Not Enough Stars!

This site does not offer enough stars to rate how I feel about MCP. My wife is an LCSW who has been in private practice for over 18 years. She is an excellent therapist, but when it comes to the business end of things uh ... not so good. About 13 years ago, I offered to do her billing for her. She was using another billing program that was complicated and had horrendous customer service. You actually had to pay extra for the privilege of spending 20-60 minutes on hold to speak to someone who was poorly trained. About 9 years ago, I finally got smart, did some research and found MCP. What a difference! the program is extremely well designed and intuitive and easy to use. As far as customer service, I have never dealt with a company who provided this level of quick competent and friendly service. Also, over the years they have been very proactive about adapting the program to accommodate the many changes with respect to billing that have occurred due to evolving technology To a large extent, because I felt so comfortable with the program, two years ago, I decided to start my own small (me) billing service specifically geared to billing for mental health practitioners in solo and small group practice. And no, I am not giving this rave review to try to drum up business. I was so successful, I have stopped advertising and am not accepting any new clients. If you are a solo practitioner or small group owner, this is THE program for you. With any program you choose, you have to be willing to put the time in to learn the program and set up your practice in the program. But, MCP will make that task as easy as possible and they will be there if you need help. And, it won't cost you an arm and a leg (less than one session per month).

Alexandra

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Exceptional service

The technical support with this program is exceptional! Shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], technical support associate who has patience beyond belief and is a kind, professional, knowledgeable and helpful person Other people working for this program are also excellent too!

Pros

The software doesn’t “freeze up”. It is fairly user friendly and I am not a particularly computer savvy person. I handle my own billing and this program/software has met all of my needs.

Cons

I haven’t used other programs so I do not have a frame of reference. I am comfortable using this software, particularly since there is technical support available when needed.

BARBARA

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

No more insurance hassles!

I use MCP for billing and note keeping. When I was audited by BCBS I used my notes from MCP and received my highest score ever.

Pros

I am able to bill insurance immediately after seeing a client and I get paid within 1-2 weeks. MyClientsPlus’ software is user friendly and their customer service is patient and responsive.

Cons

Although it costs a little more than some other billing software, I believe it is worth it for the convenience.

Dawn

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

I've been using this program for several years and absolutely love it!

I have been using it for about 7 years and have had a consistently pleasant user experience.

Pros

I love the ease of use, particularly since they started rolling out the upgraded version. I appreciate that I can bill electronically with the click of one button after I've entered my sessions....couldn't be easier than that. Their customer service is always personable, courteous and right on point. I haven't had to reach out for customer support too often because I rarely have any problems or issues with the software. But when I do, I get a prompt response and the matter is always resolved immediately. Highly recommend to any clinician in need of an online practice management system! Great value for the money invested in this product.

Mallory

Reviewed on 17/08/2016

GREAT SUPPORT AND EASY TO USE!

I have been using My Clients Plus for over two years now in my private practice and I Love it! The people are always friendly and helpful and they are continually updating and adding helpful features.

Pros

Customer service is highly responsive and helpful. They often get back to me within an hour of e-mailing during business hours.

Cons

I'd love a feature one day where clients can electronically sign their treatment plans, and release of information agreements

Linda

Reviewed on 20/08/2016

Cara Pierce is a Rock Star

After several e=mails I finally called and spoke to Cara Pierce whose professionalism, courtesy and outstanding customer service resolved my issue that day to my delight. She saved my time, money and frustration. She went above and beyond any expectations I might have had. I always get excellent and quick response to my e-mails and calls. The reps there are the best.

Pros

The ease of use. Ability to bill all insurance companies with no additional charges.

Cons

Nothing

karen

Reviewed on 15/04/2022

I'm so glad I found My Clients Plus

Billing is easy and MCP staff is cooperative and available.

Pros

It's easy to use once you know how to use it! I had lots of help from My Clients Plus staff :)

Cons

It was frustrating and cumbersome initially and then [SENSITIVE CONTENT] saved me!
And I've conquered the learning curve (mostly) Now it's easy to use.

Michelle

Reviewed on 07/01/2017

looks simple but it's not

I endured the learning curve on three separate occasions and gave up after months of work each time. Gave up due to the non-intuitive ways things can go wrong and cannot be fixed except with tech support and deleting whatever you did and starting over. (e.g. mark something paid when it isn't, or insurance reclaims something they paid for error and you have to delete the original session and re-enter all dates in order to make things right!)

Pros

many good features and functions, clinical note templates can be copied and modified for the newest session.

Cons

billing and marking payments and write offs is a nightmare.

Dan

Excellent and affordable product

My overall experience has been outstanding- I'm able to manage all my practice's billing from my phone in the time it takes to walk from my office to my car.

Pros

Cost effective.
Works as advertised.
One stop shop for appointments, biking and encrypted documentation.

Cons

Version 2 is a little awkward to use on a smartphone but runs great on a desktop or tablet.

Amanda

Reviewed on 27/10/2016

Customer Service Jacqulyn Nelson

I am an office assistant with limited experience in billing so I frequently call into MCP for assistance. Even in some of the most complicated and confusing situations I have always be treated kindly and with seemingly limitless patients! I feel like I am being listen to and genuine effort if put into helping solve the issue I am having. I appreciate all the representative's I have spoken with and would recommend and have My Clients Plus to all the providers I know! Thank you so much for your support.

Pros

Easy to use, many features for record keeping and outstanding customer support