8x8 Work Reviews

About 8x8 Work

Experience seamless collaboration with 8x8 Work. 8x8 Work is an all-in-one collaboration hub for phone, video, and messaging. It brings robust and secure unified communication and collaboration experiences to every employee,...

3.9
4.1
3.7

Browse 8x8 Work Reviews

Ashley
Ashley
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

Perfect Business Phone System!!

We absolutely love 8x8 virtual office, we do not see a world where we would switch to a different phone software. If you are looking for a seamless phone software look no further!

Pros

8x8 virtual office is awesome! There are so many cool features to this software. We have used 8x8 for over 5 years now, customer service has always been super helpful if we ever had any issues or questions. Purchasing new phones for new employees is a breeze, and setting everything up is always straight forward! What more can you ask for? We also love that virtual office has the chat feature, we utilize this daily to chat with all of the employees. We also love that there is a app, all of the employees have this app on their phone and have been using it like their desk phone during this COVID work from home time.

Cons

there are sometimes some delays, but very rarely is there any issues!

Response from 8X8

We're happy to see that you had a 5-Star experience at 8x8. Thanks for sharing!

Replied 20/12/2021
Ralph
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 23/12/2021

Great product - wouldn't want to be without it.

In general, I have been very happy with 8x8, and would not want to be without it.

Pros

Easy to use, dependable, and administering the system is one of the simplest I have done. .

Cons

Nothing comes to mind; I have no suggestions.

Reasons for Choosing 8x8 Work

Call recording is included with 8x8.

Reasons for Switching to 8x8 Work

Again, ease of use, simple administration, and free call recording.

Response from 8X8

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review.

Wayne
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 19/03/2024

Easy Implementation

Pros

This product was easy to implement and training of staff was made easy with lots online KB videos.

Cons

There is nothing negative I can say about the product.

Response from 8X8

Hi Wayne, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear you found 8x8 easy to implement and use. Thank you for choosing 8x8!

Replied 20/03/2024

Top 8x8 Work Alternatives

Samantha
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 22/09/2023

8x8 Nightmare

Horribly unreliable, inconsistent and no one is responding to our emails. The system its self worked okay without the integration but the inaccurate billing is wild to me.

Pros

The ease of use was all that we appreciated of 8x8.

Cons

- The fact that they could not integrate as they said they could into Litify. - They were double billing us. Charging us yearly and then monthly and then constantly trying to reimburse and then recharge our cc again. - During this time, I was communicating with 8x8 and it was a slow process, and they decided that they should shut our phones off. I called and they turned them back on saying they saw the conversations regarding the charges and that it wont happen again until it is resolved. A week later they shut them off again and told me that I had to pay the whole year off even though they owed me 3k still and we had not ironed out the billing. So they said we had to pay fine. They couldn't take my payment over the phone and it was an absolute joke. Couldn't turn it back on with my money but couldn't take our money. Interesting, right? - They told us they were going to reimburse our 9k that they charged and we have yet to receive the refund even though our rep told us they were going to credit us back. He is now unresponsive to me as well.

angie

Reviewed on 13/12/2023

8x8: Best option for optimal business

Pros

8x8 provides exceptional VOIP service. Crystal-clear calls, robust features, and reliable connectivity make it a game-changer for our business. The user-friendly interface and excellent customer support add immense value. Highly recommended for seamless communication!

Cons

The application has its bugs, sometimes.

Response from 8X8

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time to leave us a 5-star review. Your review means a lot to us. We appreciate you being our customer and helping to share the word about us!

Replied 21/12/2023
Aaron

Reviewed on 07/07/2020

Very Happy with Service

Very easy migration and porting of numbers from other previous providers.

Pros

Very easy to use, their app is phenomenal. Pricing can't be beat. Easy set up guide to re-provision our existing phones to 8x8.

Cons

None that I have found in the six plus months since we've made the switch over to 8x8. Couldn't be happier!

Thomas
Thomas

Reviewed on 19/10/2022

8x8 has some work that needs to be done

Pros

Their customer service was extremely helpful and very nice

Cons

When working with the sales rep when initially purchasing this plan we were told several things that were unfortunately not able to be completed. From the beginning we constantly had issues from our soft phones not working to our best phones restarting randomly

Response from 8X8

Dear Thomas, we regret the inconvenience caused. To help us understand the problem in detail, please share your contact details at [email protected]. We would be more than happy to assist you. Best Regards.

Replied 24/10/2022
Ivan
Ivan

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

We use 8x8 to manage our business phone and voicemail

virtual phone system that manages our voicemail, multiple lines, and mutliple numbers.

Pros

I like 8x8 because it has some modern features like sending an email with voice recording of your messages.

Cons

The price is high compared to the function of the service. It limits your voicemail so you can only store about 30 messages before you have to login and delete them. The user interface is very complicated. Took me forever to figure out how to update my credit card on file because I can't tell how to login to the admin from the personal phone account.

Shelby
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 23/06/2023

8x8 Fair Review

Pros

A simple, and easy system to use 8x8 has been very useful for the business to ensure communications. The system was set up into our polycom telephones systems by our IT team simply and easily.The app and lay out of the system is easy to use.

Cons

The call transfer was not straight forward unless you were trained to do so.

Aywad
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 29/06/2023

8x8 In Transportation

Pros

8x8 allowed us to make quick calls 24/7 which is important when it comes to the logistics and transportation industry. The software is intuituve and easy to use and the calls always go smoothly with no interference.

Cons

Sometimes the web version of 8x8 woukd not work unless switched to the beta version

Cheryl

Reviewed on 17/10/2016

Why Broadband Phones for Offices?

Why do I like this company? Not only do I like this company I have a great relationship with working from my office phones and using this wonderful broadband phone company. Now wait, no landlines in my office. No landlines. I was able to work with this team and duplicate my office phones and place them in my home as well. I do a lot of cloud technology for our Dental office and it is important to have a phone system that can pull the load.

I love the fact that I have an automated attendant that can play any message I record on it. I can custom fit it to our office and place any message I want our patients to hear. Now lets get down to the flexibility of this phone system. Ready?

I can answer calls from a phone, on the computer, on an app on my cell phone anywhere. This company has the ability to track any call that comes in. If a patient does not leave a message I can still get in touch with them to help them out. New people calling in also can get a call back even if they do not leave a message. Now you say if you had a big staff you would not need to have to call them back you would answer the phone. True, but I save on staff salary, and possible lack of staff motivation this way. I roll the money back into the practice. If I am doing office work in another location and it is after hours I am still able to monitor the calls and call them right back. If it is an emergency they can get scheduled very quickly.

The team at 8x8.com can customize your phone needs for any size office. They were able to help me out when I needed a fax machine very quickly lets, say in the next two hours. I still remember that day that I called my sales rep out in the West Coast about 6:30 am and he went far and beyond to help our company set up a broadband fax machine. He grabbed his coffee and within 2 hours my fax machine was up and running. This helped our patient with keeping an appointment that they need to go to and not have to reschedule. The office that sprang the surprise on us was quick to note how fast our team came threw. 8X8.com is part of our team because I feel that we are on the same team.

You will not get a better team working for you when it comes to your phone needs. This team is BAA compliant for medical and dental offices. Also not just medical and dental but for insurance companies, accountants and many other offices that fit into HIPPA compliance. Love working with their technology team when I need to change anything on my phone system. These guys are great to work with and I guess that is why we have been going strong with them now since 2014.

Pros

The 8x8 team is the best. Great technology and great customer support!

Cons

Our office has been with 8x8 from February of 2014 and has had no reason to change to another company.

Joshua
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 25/10/2023

Needs Help

Probably one of the biggest headaches I have had to deal with with a vendor. Literally almost cost me my job. The only reason I was able to save my job was my documentation.

Pros

There really was not anything I liked about 8x8. I am no longer using as result. When I attempted to give them the right to keep my business, they did not compete but tried vehemently to continually lock me back into my contract.

Cons

8x8 does not even compare to the lowest on the market. When I took over an IT department, part of my duties was to locate a new VoIP service. 8x8 was the service at the time. Calls were constantly mixed up, they do not have a queue, they can not facilitate even the easiest of call centers, and there is no reporting. The support is impossible to deal with. They require a 90 day cancellation notice, when I was with 8x8 i notified them 5 months before contract cancellation, after the cancellation was completed 2 months later they tried to bill me again for the annual fee. It took 6 months of arguing and showing them the documents to get them to agree. Email chains and everything. If you are a customer, document everything, especially if you are planning on leaving. Their customer support is impossible to talk to and the only way to get anything taken care of is to use their chat feature, but it never works.

Howard
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 15/09/2023

Run away from this Company

When we cancelled our service, they admitted they owed us over $9000.00, but have refused to refund our money. Their service team was not able to fix our technical issues. There are much better phone companies out there. Just do not choose this one.

Pros

Not much. The Cons out-way the Pros. The phone units they provided work, sometimes.

Cons

They lied. They said that they can integrate. But they can't. Do not believe the sales people. They will tell you what you want to hear and not the capabilities of the system.

Keyana

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

8x8 is especially useful when employees are working from home and need to be accessible to...

Pros

Without this software - particularly, its mobile app - it would not be possible for me to work from home ever. With the app, I am able to keep in touch with clients by phone, without them ever having access to my personal cell phone number or even knowing that I'm not actually in the office. The call quality is sometimes even better than that of my Verizon cell phone quality, which says a lot. I am continuously surprised and pleased by how clear and loud each call is, even when clients are calling from a mobile line.

Cons

The desktop app and website could use a refresh. They're both easy enough to navigate, but are a bit dated in appearance. In terms of functionality, I find that the mobile app will sometimes "time out" when I start using another program, and I realize once I'm back in the office that I've missed a call or two. I've had that happen on two different cell phones, so I'm certain it's 8x8 and not anything I'm doing. That's obviously a major con for the software, so a bug like that needs to not happen ever.

Ron

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

How I use 8x8 telephone systems

We had 8x8 and made the mistake of switching vendors. that was 3 month disaster. We came flying back to 8x8.

Pros

Ease of use and prompt follow up serice

Cons

there is no pure answer to that question.

Business VoiceEdge

Reasons for Choosing 8x8 Work

Cost, efficient service. We were not happy with Bellsouth and try as they may it just made matters worst. switched to 8X8 and it was seamless and made our crew happy.

Reasons for Switching to 8x8 Work

answered already

Response from 8X8

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review.

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

Great product and service for a great rate!!!

Absolutely fantastic product and customer service is a great. A+++++

Pros

Where do I begin? The system is very easy to navigate, and I love the fact that I can fax documents right from my desktop without printing out paper. The setup was quite simple and when I do have an occasional rare issue, their customer service always exceeded my expectations and went above and beyond to take care of me. It's really a small price to pay for everything I get and I ignore any offers I get from the competitors. I've been using this service for at least 5 years and I'm a customer for life.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything. I use the basic functions for phone calls, voicemails and faxing and that's about it. This service fits all of my needs.

Response from 8X8

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review.

• Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Great for the price though a little clunky

all the benefits of a complex multi line phone system with none of the cost, maintenance or headache.

Pros

8x8's Virtual office has made it easy to setup our own VOIP phone system without an in house IT guy. It allows us to have multiple lines, mailboxes and to customize our phone system to make it easier for both employees and our customers calling in. It is great that we can easily update extension number, greetings and voicemail messages on the fly. Also, the cell phone app and the ability to take my office extension on the go is wonderful.

Cons

The interface for desktop in particular seems old and outdated. It is not always easy to find what you need. The App for cell phone has vastly improved over the years and has become much easier to use, it would be nice to see the website follow suit.

Jahiezer

Reviewed on 27/06/2018

the ofice is any place in the world with this app

Pros

It is very helpful, i work with people in diferents place in my contry and allover the world, with this app bussines not only become more eassier, also become more productive and successful. The UI make you want to married te app and the features that they provied you are just the one me and my team need

Cons

They have a lot to immproved in some OS like android or linux, in this OS the app go into bugs and some features stop working, things that do not happent in IOS, and the support center can not solve this issues. Another thing that is menor but still i think is a problem is the fac taht they shot down the fax feature, ok i understand that fax are becoming obsolet but when you work with people in diferents areas that tool is very time saver

Andrey
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

8x8 Review

Overall it is an ok voip system, however recently there have been more issues with the desktop app.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it has a mobile application and I am able to take the calls practically anywhere I am, even when I am away from the computer. I am then able to connect back to the computer with a press of a button.

Cons

What I liked least about the software was whenever there is some sort of bug or issue, it is difficult to get support to fix the issue quickly. Especially lately it seems that there have been more and more bugs in the desktop app. Notifications haven't been showing up for call queues on time causing us to miss calls. Customers get a voicemail box is full even though there is no notice of it being full.

Response from 8X8

We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone!

Replied 20/12/2021
Zarik
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 20/12/2021

Best system for small business

Never miss a call or voice mail.

Pros

Ability to use phone and cloud base fax system remotely.

Cons

Sometimes the Mobile phone system app does not work properly.

Sheryl

Reviewed on 08/02/2020

Reliable

Pros

Reliable
Easy to use and maintain
Easy to add and remove users as well

Cons

The call queue gets stuck sometimes and it shows a call on hold for like 15 minutes even when there's no one in the queue. I wish I could control the volume of just the ringer and also modify the ringtones. I wish the caller ID would show the name as well as the number. It would be nice if I could make the page slimmer, I like to keep it on the right side monitor and all the way to the right so I can also have an internet window open but it will not allow me to make the window less than 5 inches wide.

Salvatore

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

Extremely easy

Pros

Call centers in three countries… The software is plug-and-play and easy to train new employees on, regardless of their business experience or education

Cons

Would prefer if 8 x 8 had their own cloud storage for recorded calls… Given that memory is so inexpensive now – and that the links would be stored in salesforce but the memory will remain in a cloud space as part of my 8 x 8 relationship

Scott
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

Great

Pros

I help to set this up for my partners work. I’ve had to help run it from our home to connect to workflows at the office when he is Sada lightin I help to set this up for my partners work. I’ve had to help run it from our home to connect to workflows at the office when he is working from here and was super easy. Extremely reliable we’ve never had down time dropped or missed calls. I actually haven’t had to access customer service at all.

Cons

I actually don’t have any cons. And I have nothing to report from their office as a con. I don’t for see any problems at the moment, maybe it’s because that we run a small office of less than 30 people…?

Alex
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 16/05/2017

Love it! Have been using the software for 4+ Years!

Best VOIP phone system, free e fax, call record, meeting, etc. We use this daily in our dealership where we receive 50+ inbound phone calls per day to 4 phone lines.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to install, the Customer Service reps are Great! It is priced competitively compared to most of the competition.

Cons

During the initial set up there were a few bucks during the installation that we did on a weekend. Unfortunately, there were not customer support reps to help on a Sunday. Not sure if that has changed, but when else would you install a new phone system!??

Vince

Reviewed on 24/01/2017

Very happy with 8x8

We have been very happy with 8x8. We serve clients that use lots of other VoIP options and we get to see inside when we provide service...and what I see makes me like 8x8 even more. 8x8 has proven to be very reliable. The call quality is great and managing our settings is super simple. I have referred 8x8 to several of our customers that have also grown to love it.

Pros

Great call quality. Easy to use. Overall good value.

Cons

Can't upload your own custom voicemail greeting via the user portal. You have to send it though their customer service department, but it's usually pretty quick.