SendGrid Reviews

4.2

4.2
Visit Website

About SendGrid

Twilio SendGrid is a cloud-based email marketing tool that assists marketers and developers with campaign management and audience engagement. Its key features include A/B testing, mailing list management, predefined templates,...

4.1
4.1
3.8

Browse SendGrid Reviews

Vishal
Vishal

Reviewed on 09/08/2021

SendGrid - Best Email API for sending marketing emails

I use SendGrid for sending communication and marketing emails to thousands of customers every day. Sending close to 100,000 emails per month and the quality of service is quite good. Must say I am happy to use SendGrid.

Pros

The best thing about using the SendGrid Email API was the performance measured in terms of email deliverability and server uptime.

The dashboard provides good insights with respect to number of emails sent, delivered and opened. Thus helps a great deal in improving marketing campaigns.

From the deployment point of view, the integration of SendGrid with the existing email service was quite easy and can be completed easily without great efforts.

Cons

As far as technical aspects are concerned, there is nothing which I don't like.

On the pricing front, would like to add my views. Currently, the pricing plans are available as Free (100 emails per day), Essentials and Pro. The Essentials plan starts from 14.95$ per month for upto 40,000 emails a month and the Pro starts at 89.95$ per month. These plans are good for small and medium size websites.

Would be good to see if a new Basic plan is introduced for a low starting price of 4.95$ per month and offering upto 10,000 emails a month. Such a plan would be highly suitable for extra small website applications who have a limited customer base.

Brevo

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid

Going by various product reviews and comparing the various plans offered by different vendors, we decided to select SendGrid as the best choice for our email requirements.
Roger
Roger
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 19/12/2023

Excellent, reliable - I recommend; using for years pre-Twilio

Pros

Reliable, excellent delivery rates, clean API - I like 'em.

Have used for years including Pre-Twilio acquisition, and still good service.

Cons

No complaints here. Not sure what to write.

Mailgun

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid

We use both - for different reasons / types - both great products and no wrong answer.
Regina

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Getting emails delivered well

I really enjoy having Sendgrid in my toolbox of things to enhance my business

Pros

Send has been an asset in my business to help me get better email deliverability in my marketing campaigns

Cons

For me, it took a few minutes to get it going in the way I use it, but wasnt too difficult

Top SendGrid Alternatives

Joe
Joe

Reviewed on 28/09/2023

Customer Service Is Terrible

As long as you don't have an issue and need CS their tech works great and have a good value proposition. When I can find another company with a similar value proposition and even decent customer service I will switch.

Pros

They present a good value and a dependable product

Cons

Customer service is terrible. It used to be pretty good. They have made getting service more difficult, and when you use the chat they try to redirect you away. So when you chat you get in a queue and they text you when you are next. I get a text go to the chat and it says >1 Minute. I stay on for 3-5 minutes no one is there, I go back to what I am doing and when I go back the chat closed. Do it all over again, and this time within a minute someone gets on. I message 7 times my question and issue, 10 minutes go by before I get an answer. The whole process is terrible and purposefully by design treats their paying customer like trash. You don't matter, your time doesn't matter, and in fact you are an idiot for not figuring out the issue on your own. Even when my question/issue was something ONLY they can do. I do not have the ability to increase subusers, only they do. I wish I could say that this is a SendGrid issue, almost every business has rearranged their CS to serve employees, which usually is at the expense of those who pay to make the whole operation work.

SparkPost

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid

I also use Twilio, seemed like a reasonable thing to use both services.
Ben
Ben
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 05/01/2024

Sendgrid is a great tool for program driven emails.

Pros

I admire SendGrid for its seamless setup process, allowing even novices to integrate sophisticated emailing capabilities into their applications swiftly. The clear and comprehensive documentation walks you through every step, and the intuitive API makes crafting and sending emails a breeze. Not to mention the extensive libraries in various languages, reducing development time and effort. Truly, its convenience and efficiency make it a preferred choice for developers looking to implement email services.

Cons

The support seems to be slow to respond at times and/or not very effective. Also delivery is not the best in the industry. but still very good.

Divaldo
Divaldo
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 20/10/2023

Fantastic solution for transactional emails

Pros

SendGrid is one of the best solutions for me in the transactional email service because it's easy to start using, the free version is generous and the more affordable paid version isn't bad.

Cons

I stopped using it simply because I found another even simpler solution, with lower prices and excellent support. Other than that I would continue to use it.

Sagi
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Reviewed on 01/11/2021

High potential

Has high potential, very secure with 2FA, limit the amount of templates you can have in each account and overall ok

Pros

Easy to use API, advanced features, relatively friendly and very secure with 2FA foreced on you and every user in the system

Cons

Customer support can improve significantly (didn’t reply to my ticket for more than 2 months, I had to approach the sales department for making sure my ticket is reviewed)

Paddy
Paddy

Reviewed on 12/05/2020

Was a good service, but support is now terrible

Was a great solution, although pricey. Was worth is as they used to have great support, but suddenly no support at all. Shocking service and not worth the cost

Pros

Easy to connect to and use for developers

Cons

The support is terrible. I left a ticket with them a week ago and they haven't even acknowledged anyone is looking into the issue

ahmed
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 22/07/2023

Better choice for Email Marketing Software

It was a good experience, Sendgrid is Easy to use and user-friendly, and you can work with the free plan after that you scale your business

Pros

they give you a free trial with 100 emails/day forever.delivery optimization toolsVarious email templates

Cons

-not good at reporting and analyticsthere is no Ai tool to help you with Campaignsa lot of pricing plans

Allan

Reviewed on 20/02/2024

Great Bulk Emailing Tool

It still meets our needs at a great price!

Pros

It is a great all in one tool for sending emails in bulk

Cons

The dedicated IP address is only available on the Silver or higher tied

Pius
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 26/04/2022

SendGrid

Sendgrid handles all my mailing campaigns and I have stuck with it from day one to date. I like the email deliverability and tracking metrics offered by SendGrid and will stick with it for the foreseeable future as everything works smoothly.

Pros

It was very easy to integrate with my existing stack. SendGrid has really worked hard to make sure it's easy to use their software with other services out there. Most website builders by default ask you to integrate Sendgrid as your emailing service, and that was the case with my website builder. It was really easy for me to get started as all I had to do was add an API key in a provided input field. SendGrid did all the heavy lifting and I did not have to do any coding or even go through the API documentation(which by the way is very comprehensive ). You fill that that is the case in so many services that integrate with SendGrid, integration is light-work.

Cons

It is a little expensive, especially when sending a tonne of emails out and having a lot of contacts. Your email totals low-key add up when you have multiple drip campaigns and transactional emails set up. If you have a small budget it's really difficult to get measurable success on SendGrid as I found out when I just started while having a very low budget. The best way to get the best out of SendGrid is with a substantial budget, and that's a bummer when starting out.

Mailchimp and AWeber

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid

I choose Sendgrid because it was really easy to set up with my stack of Bubble and Zapier without any code of using the API documentation.
Oscar
Oscar

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

The best mail service provider for marketing and transactional emails.

I have been working with Sendgrid for more than 2 years and it really has been very helpful.

It's perfect when you need to send transactional mails, for example password recovery or notifications to users from your website. or custom marketing campaigns. You can implement on your App easily with his Full Documented API or via SMTP.

The free forever plan is perfect when you're starting a website or application and still do not have enough users. You can also easily upgrade your plan in order to get more emails monthly .

Recommended with closed eyes.

Pros

1. Have AB Testing enable.
2. Manage unsubscribe emails.
3. Easy to Integrate via API or SMTP.
4. Email Reputation indicator.
5.Full detailed report. You can see if the email it's blocked, bounced or delivered.
6. Have a Forever Free plan . (40.000 Emails in the trial period, then 100 Emails Daily forever)

Cons

Send grid interface it's a little bit confuse.

No more cons to highlight, for me it's a perfect tool.

Mailchimp Transactional Email, Brevo and Mailjet

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid

His API have a good documentation and it's easy to implement. The free forever plan . The Price it's low in comparison with the competitors.
Mohamed
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 04/01/2023

The Best Option for Email Marketing

SendGrid is the best option that assembles a host of benefits in one place; its editor, analytics and reports, and particularly, its powerful feature to prioritize campaigns and increase performance let every business excels.

Pros

SendGrid is the best option to boost your business ahead or rather your marketing emails; its detailed reports on clicks, opens, subscribers and even spam lets you revise or edit your campaigns and thus increase conversion. SendGrid is best known for its editor, which lets tailor your emails according your needs, both demographic or geographic.

Cons

Actually, I become slow to recommend SendGrid due to its limited features of contact management; it does not provide many options compared to Mailchimp. I also did not like its pricing, which determines the quality of your SendGrid dashboard.

Thomas
  • Industry: Public Policy

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

Perfect for my use case

Our use case is simple: We need reliable deliverability of emails to up to 2,500 addresses, three times weekly, and we need to be able to track bounces, address changes, etc. easily. Sendgrid provides that service well and at an affordable price point. It also offers traditional "email marketing" services, which we do not use and cannot evaluate. For our needs, it's a solid offering.

Pros

The media center I run submits three political op-eds per week to about 1,300 newspapers in the US (and sometimes another 1,200 internationally). Sendgrid delivers those emails in a timely manner and keeps track of bounces, etc.

Cons

Setting up to use the API from a custom email address is a bit cumbersome.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid

Competitive pricing, ability to send directly from our address using an API, and ability to maintain our list on our own server rather than on the service's.
Angelica
Angelica
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

This is a must-have.

They have been amazing, support is fast and helpfull. I don't remember having any downtime with them ever since I joined the service.

Pros

Sendgrid has an awesome service for email marketing and transactional emails. It works 100% of the time, the support is amazing and it even gives you a free plan that will serve most people.

Cons

The price for email marketing (contacts) is a bit too high for me. It could be packed with way more interesting features. Also the editor sucks and it never sends the mail like it shows on the screen. But I do not use this feature.

Nurul Aishah
Nurul Aishah

Reviewed on 03/11/2021

Simplified email service

Pros

Our business application uses Sendgrid for various purposes, including notification, authentication, and transactional data. We migrated from a competitor that was draining our bank accounts and causing a slew of problems. The cost was a good match for our budget and objectives, and the send grid was a perfect fit for us. They provide some handy online manuals to get you started, as well as a variety of configurable options to make sure the device is suitable for you.

Cons

It requires greater adaptability and customization tools to be successful in the long run. I couldn't discover a method to adjust automatic track in UTMs; it can only be activated or deactivated, which isn't convenient. The integrating and installation procedure were the most challenging aspects of implementing Sendgrid for us. However, customer assistance and YouTube tutorials were beneficial.

Abigail
Abigail

Reviewed on 05/07/2018

An Easy to Use Email Marketing Software

The detailed stats from each email campaign is amazing, and the Unsubscribe groups option really helped with GDPR compliance

Pros

1. On the bottom left side of the dashboard is a small reputation percentage bar, that measures your reputation. The bar is updated daily based on your email sends, your reputation goes down if your email bounces or is marked as spam.
2. Stats: SendGrid provides A LOT of data on the performance of your email campaigns, these stats are: Requests, Delivered, Opens, Unique Opens, Clicks, Unique Clicks, Unsubscribes, Spam Reports, Bounces, Blocks, Bounce Drops, Spam Report Drops, Unsubscribe Drops and Invalid Emails. SendGrid also provides stats such as: Global Stats, Category Stats, Category Comparison, Subuser Stats, Subuser Comparison, Geographical, Email Clients & Devices, Mailbox Provider Stats, Mailbox Provider Comparison, Browser Stats, and Browser Comparison
3. A/B Testing
4. Unsubscribe Groups: This is without doubt my favorite feature from SendGrid. When you click on "Marketing" on the left side of your dashboard, and select tour from the drop down, it sort of lists steps to set up for sending marketing emails. Step 3 on the list of things to do is to create unsubscribe groups. Here you can Create groups that represent types of email that you regularly send to your recipients. If a recipient chooses to unsubscribe, they will have the option of selecting which of these groups they want to unsubscribe from.

Cons

1. The Email templates in SendGrids gallery are a bit basic which initially wasn't a problem as I liked creating my own template, but I did not like how I couldn't modify the "columns" module to my taste.

I wanted to create a template with three columns with the center column bigger than the two on the side. The idea was to have my client's images linking to their projects (On their websites) on the side columns, with the write up in the center column.
However, that couldn't be done (At least so far it seems so as I can't find any option to tweak the size/width of each column) as each column has an equal width.

2. No automation function: I'd like to create a sort of If/Then sequence where I can resend an email to a group of people after x days, for example, I'd like to resend an email (With a different heading of course) to people who have not opened the first email after four days.

Zee
Zee
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

If you're tight on the budget...

It did what we needed it to do, so that was good. We used it for over a year for monthly newsletters, but as soon as our marketing budget allowed it, we switched to MailChimp.

Pros

It did work and it did send the email newsletters that we needed it to. Therefore, it wasn't a complete waste of money :D Compared to many other options for email marketing, SendGrid was one of the cheapest options (except for sending the newsletters manually through one's email) and that was one of the reasons why we went with it.

Cons

It's got a lot of features, but they feel half-baked (I'm sorry, but they do.) For example, you can unsubscribe those whose emails have bounced or who unsubscribed. But in order to do that, you need to download those lists, then upload them to a special list you can call "unsubscribes" or whatever, and then, right after you've imported this list, you delete it - along with associated accounts. THIS deletes the people who bounced from your lists. Seriously?!

The annoying thing was the styling within the newsletter. I am a perfectionist, so all text sizes and everything should be consistent. However, SendGrid kept changing the styles of my text and I had to choose "Normal" several times (even after copy-pasting the text from Notepad that doesn't support formatting AT ALL). And if you click on "Edit HTML" (which I often do because it's a fast way to clean away all the annoying tags), SendGrid would convert my block to HTML and would have an entirely different set of styles for it.

Also, the support pages were written for someone who is native to this SendGrid thing and not a newbie. Despite doing email marketing for years, I had a hard time understanding what I need to do.

Reply and Mailchimp
Jonathan
Jonathan

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

An affordable choice for transactional emails with one flaw

Overall, the experience was solid. Price and customer service were great. Unfortunately, the spam and email block issue was a deal breaker.

Pros

The pricing is great. Easy to use API with lots of documentations. Their user interface is straightforward. The customer service has always been pretty quick to get back to me. It's a popular service with a lot of integrations available.

Cons

I was a happy user of Sendgrid for a long time, but emails sent with the service always went to the spam folder for Microsoft email services (Outlook, Hotmail, MSN). This could never seem to get resolved, even with a dedicated IP that they offered. Then recently, Microsoft started blocking the emails. I found out this was because a spammer had used their service and got the shared IP blacklisted. They were unable to help me resolve it swiftly, so I had to leave the service, because we have a lot of people who use Microsoft email services.

Mailgun
Abel
Abel

Reviewed on 07/02/2021

We use Sendgrid for many things

It's simply pleasant and we're still with them for the simplicity. That can't be over emphasized.

Pros

Two things actually. The transactional email software was what we started with and it was exceptional. The emails were fast and delivered promptly. That made us try the email Marketing feature and we eventually dumped Mailchimp for it. You can have as much as 1000 free subscribers and send 6000 emails per month, not as much as Mailchimp is offering but it gets the job done and we love the simplicity, are there cons? Yes, and I'll get to that shortly. Sendgrid also takes security seriously and never lets you rest until you've turned on two factor authentication even when I'm sure my account is not in that much of a threat, simply not bad.

Cons

Mostly on the email marketing part cause that's what we use more often. The pricing isn't small business friendly and you'd have to pay more to access essential features like automation, not great, you'd have to pay more for that. Dedicated IP, that I get, but automation not available on the basic paid package is kind of a kicker but with email marketing ROI, its probably a great investment but then again, we do make do without it. The software doesn't work well on all browsers and devices sometimes, it happened to us at some point but I reckon its been fixed.

Benchmark Email and Mailchimp
Vinay K
Vinay K
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 18/01/2023

Good but pricy option for Transaction Emails and 3rd party SMTP

We use this for our learning website to validate emails and send course and account-specific notifications to the signed-up users and it is really a hassle-free tool.

Pros

Easy of getting startedGenerous Free TierSMTP

Cons

Pricing is on the higher side as compared to the competition

Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing SendGrid

Better UI

Alibaba Cloud

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid

Pricing at that point of time
Nishtha

Reviewed on 28/09/2022

An amazing email marketing tool for sending bulk emails

Awesome!!! Its an amazing tool tool that offers metrics which helps us delivers results to our clients.

Pros

We’ve been using sendgrid for more than 6 months now for our clients and we’ve seen amazing results with it. We’ve seen a conversion lift of somewhere between 10-12% which is great. The thing that I find most useful is it lets you collect signups and feedbacks right into the emails. I know its not some out of the box features but we’ve tried many other tools and we found sendgrid to have the easiest setup. The deliverability rate is also great for a email marketing tools and the metrics that it offers are really insightful. It helps us regularly monitor and reiterate our email sequences to optimise performance.

Cons

I don’t think I’ve noticed any cons yet in my 6 months of usage. Its bug free and easy to set up email marketing tool

ActiveCampaign and Mailchimp

ease of use

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

Sendgrid - send mail easily

Overall I would say their service has been super reliable and mail delivery has been great.

Pros

SendGrid provide simple APIs to integrate with provide multiple programming language support for this. The service can scale and you get price reductions as you go up the tiers. There is also a legacy SMTP server option if you need to integrate older systems.

Cons

Until you reach the Pro plan you only have 3 days of logs available. This can be problematic when trying to troubleshoot issues and can sometimes force you onto a higher tier than you really need.

Amazon SES

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

Great email service for offloading website form emails from web hosting services

SendGrid is a great solution if sending emails from your website is critical to your business. It gives you the functionality to inspect and see what emails are being sent and to secure your emails using various security standards (ie. SPF, DKIM, etc).

Pros

Often web hosts have email limits for websites and your contact forms or orders from your site can be shut off without warning. Using SendGrid means you can control your email services from your website and see what emails are being sent and whether they are being delivered. The SendGrid console allows you to view what emails are bouncing and which aren't being delivered (ie. fake email addresses), etc. Also SendGrid support is really great as well and will assist with how to go about securing your email using Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM) (or their similarly named solution of this).

Cons

With you could inspect the email bodies within the SendGrid console. Unfortunately you can only search on the email subject, dates, etc, but not the email bodies.

Deepa
Deepa

Reviewed on 07/08/2022

SendGrid excellent SMTP provider.

Pros

SendGrid was our SMTP provider for transactional emails. Using the APIs, the platform can be easily integrated with the backend system and the service can be used right away. Pricing is very attractive and can be integrated with various marketing automation platforms.

Cons

Mails start reaching SPAM box after some time and there is no clear way to analyse how many email are reaching to inbox. Domain and Ip reputation cannot be tracked on this platform.