About Restaurant365

Restaurant365 is a cloud-based accounting solution for restaurants of all sizes. Key features include accounting, inventory, banking, budgeting and analytics. Restaurant365 offers general ledger features such as retail fiscal...

4.1
3.9

Browse Restaurant365 Reviews

Charles

Reviewed on 02/08/2020

Unbeatable Inventory Management

There are countless benefits to using Compeat. It is excellent for large operations with high volume sales.

Pros

Once set up for your location is complete it makes managing inventory and ordering from vendors incredibly simple. You will be able to locate problem areas quickly.

Cons

Set up is extremely time consuming and you will definitely pay for the benefits it provides.

Posist
Caleb

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

On the way

We have streamlined our accounting process. It still needs work, but it's much better than using quickbooks online. We use the invoicing, payments, and inventory weekly if not more frequently.

Pros

Ease of use, in depth customization and all of the information that you can need for restaurant management

Cons

Bugs, crashes, faulty features, but that's about it

Kathi

Reviewed on 31/12/2022

Cfo

Switching to R365 has been the best back office operational decision we have made in 30 years

Pros

Integration of all companies on one platform and ease of financial transaction interaction between them AND fairly seem less integration with POS /Toast data

Cons

I don’t like the submit requests for improvements. This is burdensome and seems to go into a black hole or you have to become a promoter of your idea

Top Restaurant365 Alternatives

Tracy

Reviewed on 20/01/2023

Buyer Beware! Inconsistent, rates increase yearly.

I can see the potential in this program. However, 2 years later, we are still only using basic functions. I paid for Pro Services (14K) and still things are not right and somehow they are back to the way they were before! Frustrating! I don't have accurate information to run my business or to satisfy banking questions. Buyer beware! Rates started out resonable, then increased 6% each year. Now I'm paying 3x more than I was before basic functions that don't work correcly. I keep giving it a chance, but we will probably have to cancel. It's a liability to your business when you count on correct numbers and they are not correct.

Pros

I like the features in this program. However, the learning curve is too high. I like that is on the cloud and the customer service ticket items are quick to respond. The potential is there.

Cons

The basic accounting functions should be set up easier and more standard. (P&L, Balance sheets, customer statements, chart of accounts). There should be a standard template that then can be tweaked for the business. We have never been able to use other features as they are difficult to figure out and we are still having problems with clearing bank items. Everything costs money to fix. The onboarding was overdone. Way too much info and is cluttered.

NetSuite and PayPal Zettle

Reasons for Choosing Restaurant365

Looking for more of a restaurant program that tied in costs and inventory and menu pricing.

Reasons for Switching to Restaurant365

For compatiable functions of inventory, COGS, menu items. (Have never been able to get them to work)
Robert

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Restaurant365 Review

Having a cloud based software is the way to go! You get the benefits of accessing the system anytime, anywhere. Our operations team can now access their P&L's and they love it! Being able to drill down into the P&L's and Balance sheet is simple and the analytics in the reports are very useful. Unfortunately we are not able to be POS integrated so we cannot use the software to it's full advantage but from what we get out of it right now it is a step above where we use to be. It's an innovative company that is always looking to better the product and frequently releases new features. Overall a great product and would recommend!

Pros

Pros include - cloud based system, unlimited amount of users, ability to have invoice images attached to invoice entry, bank reconciliations are quick & efficient and rock our socks off, there are multiple reports available that are pre-built and can be customizable, the ability to drill down into P&L's and balance sheets has taken our team to the next level with auditing financial statements.

Cons

Some of the cons we have experienced is that the dev team can't fix issues in a timely manner. We'd like issues resolved quicker but it may take more time than we hope. We wish the search function was a little better. You can search anything but in order to get results you have to know how it was entered into the system.

Reviewed on 01/04/2019

Review from a Finance Manager

Our overall experience with the software has been great. It integrates nicely with our other systems, like our POS and invoicing system. We as a company may not be fully utilizing the software and trying to retroactively getting different sections up to date takes a long time, if you have multiple concepts. The system runs slow at times but it is nice to be able to see and analyze all of our financials under one login unlike quickbooks in which you have to switch back and forth between logins to see your different locations.

Pros

I like that it easily integrates with Toast and Aloha POS. It is also very good at breaking down the different financial statements like the profit and loss and balance sheet. If you have multiple locations, it is nice to see everything in a single login and that you don't have to switch back and forth between locations.

Cons

If you don't have a little financial background it may be a little hard to navigate the software. The software is nice and comprehensive but if you come in as a user after everything has already been set up, it is a little hard to understand. I would like the training materials to be a little easier to understand or at least have videos. Sometimes the software can run slow which can be inconvenient if you are trying to do things in a quick manner.

Bruce

Reviewed on 11/04/2019

CFO review of Restaurant 365

One of the best aspects of Restaurant 365 is that the accounting tool allows for custom periods so that P & L statements can be easily compared to budgeted projections. This feature allows our managers to adjust to line item expenses on a daily and weekly basis. Although no new software integration comes without some pain, Restaurant 365 is now permanently ingrained in our culture.

Pros

The accounting and GL is stronger than any other combined analytic and accounting software I have reviewed. The budgeting tool is excellent. I greatly enjoy the ease at which data can be exported to Excel and reimported back into Restaurant 365. Overall, Restaurant 365 has help me train my operation managers to become business managers!

Cons

Does not handle credit card tips paid out in server and bartender paychecks.

Reviewed on 01/04/2019

Huge Upgrade if Coming from Quickbooks

I'm a big fan of the system and would recommend it. I hope the company continues to put resources into support as they get more customers and more users and more features. I also hope they don't sell to a larger company. That always spells a reduction in service and quality and I'd actively look to switch if that happened.

Pros

I love that it's cloud based and has unlimited users and allows for uploading of excel CSV files (to replace manual data entry). It's great for multi-unit where Quickbooks can't handle that well.

Cons

The software will sometimes glitch in core functionality when new features are added even though that's not related. Support has been better lately, but struggled to keep up with new clients and new feature development.

OUTSTANDING SYSTEM

Fantastic. Strongly recommend.

Pros

Master Chart of Accounts, Vendors, and Customers. Easy to navigate for inexperienced users. Vendor AP FTP/EDI integration. POS integration. PR Adjustments. Bank integration. Ability to filter and search across all modules. Intercompany transaction automatic entries, cloud based. Constantly evolving.

Cons

Purchased item setup for EDI integrations

Joely

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

We have been using Compeat for over 10 years and every year, the software gets more comprehensi...

Pros

Inventory tracking, daily sales reports, the integration of Payroll, scheduling and hiring and controllable costs tracking.

Cons

There are always bumps when there is a new rollout and sometimes it makes life more difficult. Customer support can take awhile as well.

Jessica
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 06/10/2019

The Hospitality Industry Needs This Program!

This program has changed the tracking of funds for our company. It is easy for multiple users across the country to have access to our financial breakdowns. This has made a huge impact with our accounting department, holding mangers responsible for inventory issues, keeping a running safe log and communicating between users about each shift. This has been a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it to anyone in the hospitality industry. This will make your life so much easier after you initially get it set-up to contain all of the items you purchase on a regular basis. Do yourself a favor and stop stressing the financials, this program will do it for you!

Pros

This software program makes processing every financial transaction so easy! We are able to track safe counts, leave important messages in the Manager Log, our food deliveries are auto-batched into the accounts payable section and all products we purchase are entered into this system. We can enter invoices and break them down to the cost of individual items, tax, proper categories and so much more.

Cons

I honestly haven't had any bad experiences with this software. The hardest part was getting it set up initially with all of our regular products, after that it has been smooth and easy to use.

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

R365 is a Robust Solution

Overall, we have had a positive experience. The onboarding process was great and the support has been good as well.

Pros

R365 has nearly all the software a restaurant would need in 1 solution. Inventory management, accounts payable, scheduling, payroll, etc.. We like that the software is specific to the restaurant industry and that the customer service seems to be very quick and efficient.

Cons

As compared to the previous software we utilized, R365's interface is less user-friendly. It has been a bit more difficult to produce the reports that we were used to and the scheduling interface is lacking certain staff notification features for schedule changes. While R365 is continually improving and providing features, we will continue to learn the software more in-depth and be able to take advantage of everything it offers.

Restaurant 365 Review

Overall, I think Restaurant 365 is great and I wish I had transitioned sooner!

Pros

What I like most about Restaurant 365 is the cloud based functionality and the direct integration with other industry software's (e.g., point of sale system). The financial reporting ability is crucial to my Company and when we transitioned from QuickBooks to Restaurant 365 I saw an immediate return. I appreciate the emphasis that Restaurant 365 puts on continued evolution as a company and as a resource to the industry.

Cons

What I like least about Restaurant 365 is the Ad Hoc reporting - I don't find it to be very intuitive. I also dislike the vendor and customer profiles and the inability to to navigate the transactions section with ease.

Kadi

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Accounting Assistant Review

Pros

I really love how easy it is for me to use Compeat. I can search, enter, void, etc. very easily. Anything that i am unable to do - I can easily search in the help box. I also like the fact that Compeat has a lot of warnings. IE when entering something in the wrong period or something duplicated. It makes it easier to not make mistakes.

Cons

We have been using Compeat for 7 years. Recently we had a switch in POS system and we were supposed to have an integration complete by Compeat with Harbortouch. There has been a serious lack of communication from Compeat. I would have given Compeat 5 stars in all categories if it were not for this. We have been loyal customers but out needs are just no longer being met.

Reviewed on 06/07/2019

Potential is not easy to attain

Good but not as good as expected. Some of its our fault. We have limited resources and we opened an airport location smack dab in the middle of our on-ramp with R365. Help has been good. Their knowledge can be daunting and "over the head" of the R365 neophyte users. Their 1 hour lesson and clock can often time be way to fast. Trianing lessons should have much more interaction and the new user should have quizes to perform in front of their trainer.

Pros

integration of operations and financials.
Pushing work load down into grills (AP & Inventory Entries)

Cons

the lack of dependability. When learning, the learner seeks to find solid grounds and dependable actions. R365 has too many issues with not updating in a timely and clean fashion. Maybe its due to R365's cloud-based software, but the inconsistencies drive the new user whacko!

Tiffany

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

Great idea with a few flaws

Pros

I love the idea of everything this program offers. Their accounting processes, while complicated at first, are very well done and there are a lot of features that make accounting much easier. The ability to tie our POS system into R365 saves us a lot of time on daily reporting.

Cons

They are continually improving the software which leads to a variety of bugs and features that were previously working to have issues. They are usually resolved within a week or two but sometimes that causes a pileup of work waiting to be done.

grace

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

No problems

I really enjoy Using compeat and feel like it makes my life at work a lot easier! During my manager training The consulting company that we used, explained that a lot of restaurants don’t even use any program like this. So I am very grateful we have it!!!

Pros

As a first time restaurant manager, the ease of using compeat is great. Whether it is Doing the scheduling or an inventory issue, I am going to get it all done from and find all my info there. I like having a one stop shop to do all of my work. . Doing the ordering is very easy as well because all of our vendors are uploaded into compeat.

Cons

The only thing I would say I don’t like Is that it such a big program there is so much information, it’s hard to know all of it. I feel like daily I learn something new about compeat which is great but I wish I had like a crash course on it when I started working with the program.

Cailin

Not Quite There Yet

Our overall experience with Restaurant365 has been less than stellar. Adoption and setup took a long time. Support issues are not handled quickly, and there has only been one instance where a support person agreed to speak with me over the phone - they almost always limit communication to emails, which can take longer and is hard to fully explain the problem. I also feel that the system is very inconsistent. We have experienced issues with the entire site being down during our accounting close week, which is very frustrating considering all of our financial reporting and data is housed in this system. I think this software *could* be great but it needs a lot of work and testing to get there.

Pros

I like that 365 gives us the ability to share real-time financial information with the site level teams. They can run an Income Statement for the current period at any time without having to wait for our team at corporate to publish financials.

Cons

There are too many features that aren't available yet or don't quite work as expected. When I use this software I feel like I'm using an unfinished product. For example, the workflow approval for invoices has taken a very long time to release and it still does not always work correctly. Also, we've had issues with units of measure not converting correctly on reports, which was a back-end issue and took weeks for developers to fix. Lastly, we've had many issues with Stock Counts including odd, unexplainable pricing changes and counts that seemed to disappear after a 365 support person "looked into" our issue.

Blaine

Reviewed on 12/03/2018

Simple to use! Detailed information about your business and trends.

The software allowed us to control hours and product. Ultimately driving big dollars to our bottom line.

Pros

Data is hyperlinked to allow a detailed drill down of given data. Checks can be reproduced easily. Labor and P&L are redily available. Messages can be communicated to staff and management team with ease. The prep tool is incredible!

Cons

We did not use the schedule tool in ctuit. You will need a great admin to map all items and build you prep tool.

Richard
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 23/04/2019

Really a product still being tested

Nice people that try to cover the problems with promises rather than solutions.

Pros

If you only listen to what they are selling you, then this is a solid product. On boarding was outstanding and setup was handled well. Nice that it is cloud based. Dashboard took a long time to reflect the correct information. Now it no longer works and we have been told for a month that additional resources are being added to solve the problem. If they could do everything the sales people claim the program will do then it would be a solid solution. Unfortunately, sales and functionality are not in sync.

Cons

Misrepresentations. There were a bunch of features discussed before our decision to transfer our systems from Compeat but have spending multiple hours trying to figure out why many inventory features like PAR's do not work we were finally told that the feature was still being developed. Here are the types of answers from support we are getting after a year

"There were some issues discovered that forced us to roll it back with the intention of re releasing it shortly after. It has been deprioritzed since then however I am expecting it to be re released this qtr. I will follow up with our product team to get a more concrete expectation for you. "

Or "They are working to correct in a more targeted fashion with additional resources now involved in the project. Regardless, I escalated your inquiry just to make sure all parties are aware of what you are experiencing."

No solutions

Ben

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Restaurant 365

Great experience. I would recommend the software to anyone looking for a quality product.

Pros

Very easy to use, great interface and no problems at all working with the software. Training was quick and new hires caught on quickly.

Cons

I honestly didn’t have any issues with the software. No problems that required a major overhaul software wise. Occasionally I would have problems but typically they were on our end.

Syed

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

R365 Review

Its a very useful product, it helps us as an organization to be able to keep a lot of our transactions in one place. We keep a close watch on our COGS and other important metrics to adjust and improve things.

Pros

As an accountant I really love the fact that I can dive into all the details of a transaction and have the ability to upload documents as a backup to all transactions.

Cons

System updates. Whenever there are system updates being pushed out, the software takes a good week to get itself back to full functionality. And in the process a few other things fall out of place.

Jordan

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

compeat

Pros

This system is very easy to use and doesn't take long to teach others how it works. I like how simple it is to change a users rights so they can have access to more reports.

Cons

Our company switched to a different POS system and compeat is not compatible. This makes it very difficult and time consuming to manually enter the data that used to be automatically pulled.

Brad

Reviewed on 05/07/2019

Restaurant 365

I'm a really big fan of R365 and have enjoyed using it for a number of years. Highly recommended!

Pros

The software is so user friendly and easy to use. The UI experience is fantastic and the automation makes it so much more efficient for the accounting team.

Cons

They are still pretty new so there are bugs and glitches that occur, but the support team is great and they fix right away.

Cary

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

Comprehensive....

Pros

I like that it's a 'one-stop shopping' for my organization. We are able to consolidate old systems into a substantially more focused, contained suite.

Cons

going 'live' with features that were not adequately constructed for our needs. I fell this is somewhat reasonable to expect as early adopters. We learned a lot, as I'm sure r365 did.