About IntakeQ

IntakeQ is an online forms intake platform designed to help healthcare professionals convert existing forms, manage client notes, send custom reminder messages and accept credit card payments. Key features include appointment...

4.7
4.8

Browse IntakeQ Reviews

Chuck

Reviewed on 12/04/2018

We've been with these wonderful folks for several years. I can't imagine our company without...

Tremendous ease! I send out the forms and they get filled out. Not copying of forms. No storing of forms. No purchasing paper and toner. Fewer calls to the copier repair guy. They make my life better...

Pros

Initially found the customer service to be exceedingly prompt and abundantly proficient. They set up cost for the forms is more than reasonable and the monthly expense is such a bargain. I have never known their system to go down. Simple to get going and no maintenance. We keep finding new uses for them. It is so great to be able to email a link to the client. The client follows the link, fills out the form(s) and then submits. The forms are easily downloaded. Could not be more pleased. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Cons

Seriously, I have yet to find one. I truly wish my every interaction could be an interaction like I've had with IntakeQ!

Valerie

Reviewed on 01/03/2021

Super Customizable, thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!!

I cannot say enough GREAT things about [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with IntakeQ. When I let him know that, due to the answers received from the other Customer Service/our Onboarding rep, we may need to move to a new product after all, he jumped on the case!

Not only was he able to give us answers that we needed, but he was able to get the system set up for us in a way that made it so we didn't need to switch products after all! I cannot say enough about how he went above and beyond to make sure we were able to work with the system, really showcasing how flexible it can be based on our needs.

Pros

We have been able to implement this into our needs rather easily! It's exciting to be able to provide our clients with a far more seamless option to go from sign-up with us to appointment.

Cons

We did have some issues with getting it to reflect the things we needed, at first. After speaking to several Customer Service reps, they made it sound as if it might not be possible to implement what we needed.

TheraPlatform, MedEZ, SimplePractice and TheraNest

Reasons for Choosing IntakeQ

They did not have all of the services and features that we needed.

TherapyNotes

Reasons for Switching to IntakeQ

It looked like IntakeQ was going to be customizable to the point where it would cover everything we needed. From forms being immediately uploaded into clients files, to setting up appointments, widgets for bookings, etc.

Reviewed on 17/08/2021

Patient Data Management Nightmare - Not HIPPA - CANNOT manage your patient data

Horrific. Caused more problems than it solved. Do NOT use to manage patient data, you will be sorry. You have been warned.

Pros

Was cheap and easy to use, but not worth the headache

Cons

Software uses patients first name and email address to identify them. This is NOT OK for medical patient identification. Unfortunately, the company said there is no way around it, and we cannot use "full name" and "birth date", which is common medical practice to identify patients. What's worse, if a patient makes an appointment with the same first name and email address (like a parent would do when registering their child that has mom or dad's first name, which is very common), the system thinks it is the parent being registered and will overwrite the parents' data. This is completely unusable, completely unthoughtful, and will cause you great stress in trying to (futiley) fix the data management nightmares that could easily be avoided by using name and birthdate. Tech support says there is no way around it and the system is hardcoded for this....completely useless! User beware!

Response from IntakeQ

Hi there,

Sorry to hear our system didn't work for your needs, we cannot cater to all situations unfortunately. I wanted to clear up a few things noted in this review.

We are fully HIPPA compliant.

You can most certainly manage your client data, each client has a profile where all of their information is stored. There are various lists, reports, and exports available as well.

The issue you noted about clients who have the same email address and first name does exist, as we use the email and first name as the primary client identifiers. Most using our platform don't have an issue with this, though some may.

Take care,

Ryan, IntakeQ Support Team Lead

Replied 10/09/2021

Top IntakeQ Alternatives

Freedom

Reviewed on 27/10/2022

Best Practice Management!

I have tried other top brands trial and I'm sticking with IntakeQ. It's easy to use, reliable and efficient.

Pros

IntakeQ has everything a clinician needs and for every budget. I don't one one complaint about their services. Whenever I have questions their customer support is impeccable. Most of the time in less than 24 hours I received the support I need. It has so many features and is less expensive than other known brands.

Cons

This software it's as close to perfect. I wish it would have note entries to select but for the affordable price and the several features it offers, I'm happy with intakeq.

SimplePractice

Reasons for Switching to IntakeQ

Less expensive. It has more features. Impeccable customer service.
Wendy

I love IntakeQ and I am glad I switched

The customer service is stellar. You get live human beings and in less than an hour. They also have a great support page. I like the customizability, that I can use my favorite clearinghouse, choose which credit card processor I want to use, and even with video sessions, I can choose my platform. The more I use the program, the more wonderful features I discover. They are also always open to feedback and updating the EHR. I have been very happy with their product.

Pros

I absolutely love that I can easily create and edit forms. The appointment calendar allows me to color code events. There are 3 different ways to accept credit cards, three different ways to do a video session, and three different ways to incorporate clearinghouses for claims processing. You get to choose which company you would like to use, not get stuck with the one option the other programs choose.

Cons

I would love a very clear accounting page that shows me the charge for service, what the client owes, what the client paid, what the insurance owes, what the insurance paid, and any discounts to the fees. There is one but it is not right there in the client file where you can readily see it.

Joeleen

Reviewed on 11/05/2023

Make your business your own

I have had a wonderful experience and I have never once regretted switching systems to intakeQ

Pros

IntakeQ is so customizable that you really get to create the business and services that serve you best. There is no one size fits all with this software.

Cons

We want supervising note signing to be easier and more streamlined

Jane

Reasons for Choosing IntakeQ

Form signing and customization

TheraNest

More features
Kelsey

Reviewed on 11/04/2023

Best Product for the Budget

I was happy that IntakeQ’s user friendliness in set-up was sufficient to allow immediate use, but we did take a significant amount of time getting all the forms we wanted to be electronically available.

Pros

IntakeQ does a fabulous job of working with integrations and not re-inventing the wheel so to speak. They are also cutting edge and effectively eliminate duplicate work. For instance, events on google calendar can be selected to appear in IntakeQ calendars and visits can appear on google calendar, while still remaining HIPAA compliant by labeling ‘busy.’ This is just one of numerous examples, but integrations with expert products supports the superiority of IntakeQ as an EMR.

Cons

While having setting near the functions that you want to change can be helpful, I think a single settings page might be beneficial to quick reference changes, rather than in each area. Think how iPhone manages individual app settings and subscriptions even.

Jessica

Love IntakeQ!

I switched from another EMR system and feel IntakeQ is significantly better for me than previous. Love it!

Pros

I love that everything is now in one place for our company. We have the portal, calendar, and all forms all in one location vs having to use multiple programs. The ease of use and amazing customer service are added bonuses

Cons

I did have to get help from someone a little more technical than me to help set up our initial forms. Part of this was because I was limited on time and I knew they could do it much faster than me.

Rachel

Reviewed on 11/05/2023

A great investment for practice management

In the past two years as a user of IntakeQ, they are constantly improving their product. They listen to and strive to meet their customer's needs.

Pros

The responsiveness of IntakeQ's staff when you send an email is fast - usually within a few hours during normal business hours. The client portal is exceptional with the client's ability to self-schedule, view and pay invoices, change credit cards, submit forms and journals, and message the provider. The forms creator, booking module, and billing module are easy to use once you learn the system.

Cons

The task manager can create automatic tasks, but they do not automatically disappear off the task list when completed. There is a learning curve to setting up IntakeQ to meet your specific needs, but that is too be expected when the system is so customizable.

Brian

FANTASTIC and WELL PRICED

Super easy and works fantastically for the most part

Pros

Easy to use and once its set up has completely automated my process and allows me to run a multimillion dollar busy practice alone

Cons

Some automations cant be turned off and e scripting is still a bit glitchy

Nicole

Reviewed on 09/04/2020

New patients no longer ruin my day

Great overall experience. Excellent product. Has saved me hours of time and frustration not having my new patients organized. Now we can reschedule them if we do not see their paperwork done 24 hours prior to their appointment time instead of assuming they filled it out AND remember to bring it.

Pros

For years we stressed about new patient paperwork not being filled out and causing my schedule to run 30-45 minutes behind when they forget to fill out 8 pages of paperwork. The forms are easy to make and send. Patients can fill them out on their cell phone which is a huge help for my practice since we have many seasonal visitors in Scottsdale. The customer service is excellent. Always above and beyond and super fast. A huge refreshing change from my last portal. Horrible customer service. The membership option is very helpful and if you want to switch to a concierge membership program I would highly recommend using the IntakeQ billing system.

Cons

I hate their schedule. It is ugly. It is clunky. I can never see all my patients in one day well. The print outs of the schedule waste a lot of paper. This could all be easily improved upon. But we make it work.

Arin

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

The best option for our therapy office!

We use the bookings functions (only internal bookings, not client direct bookings), invoicing, payment, electronic consent forms and SOAP notes.

Pros

We tried three other well-known options over the course of the last two years before moving all our therapist software functions to IntakeQ. We appreciate the ease of use, the EXCELLENT customer service, the flexibility, the functionality and the price point.

Cons

Wish we could integrate email marketing beyond just extracting our client's email address.

Fani

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Useful Software, Great Customer Service

Overall positive experience. Expect a learning curve in the beginning, and know that if you want to use IntakeQ for anything more than just the most basic scheduling, you will need to put some time into figuring out how it works. That said, I've been able to make beautiful intake forms, keep track of all of our scheduling, and transition to a nearly 100% digital system through IntakeQ. Recommended.

Pros

This software has really streamlined our practice and allowed us to go almost 100% digital. There is a bit of a learning curve, but the help page is generally useful, and IntakeQ has some of the best customer service I have ever worked with. They always respond to my questions (and I've had many questions) within 24 hours, and I always feel like I'm talking to a "real" person that works with me to resolve any issues I'm having.

Cons

Aspects of this software can be very confusing, particularly when it comes to the various "roles" that different accounts have. It is also sometimes unclear where to access certain functions. Sometimes I'm able to resolve these issues through the help page, but other times customer service has to help me figure it out. The software could be a lot more user friendly and intuitive, but the great customer service helps to make up for that.

Louis

Terrific Product AND Service

I initially stumbled onto IntakeQ when I was searching for a good, cost effective way of handling my medical paperwork. As it turns out, this was the most beneficial "stumble" I could have done. My intake process is now streamlined and efficient. Creating new forms is a breeze. In the few cases I've had problems, the team at IntakeQ has quickly and effectively come to my assistance, even so far as to create the forms I was needing. Anytime I have a question I get a prompt personal response. These guys just keep improving the product more and more. I highly recommend them, particularly if you are a solo doc like me. But even a large group would benefit. High-quality product, HIPAA secured, easy to use, responsive team, very affordable.

Pros

Easy to use. Cost effective.

Cons

Sometimes hard for patients to log in (though most of these cases are technically impaired folks!)

Simal
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 17/07/2017

We are quite satisfied with IntakeQ platform: it is reliable, convenient and simple to use.

HIPAA secure platform (it was a must for our IRB approval)
Easy access 24/7
Online - remote access feature
Collection of questionnaire data (predominantly)
Secure messaging (rarely used but it was on target)

Pros

The crucial thing for us was it to be an HIPAA secure platform (we use it to collect some sensitive (medical) information for a research study). It has exceeded our expectations regarding 1) reliability (the platform works smoothly), 2) simplicity (easy to user - on both ends) and 3) great customer support (we had ran into couple problems that were fixed pretty quickly). Also, the messaging was a bonus feature for us - so far we used it for a few occassions but they were very critical so it was great to have that option. And the price is reasonable - we are an independent research team - paying for this service out of pocket - and we are extremely satisfied with every penny we pay to your service. So, great job to you gals & guys at IntakeQ!

Cons

The questionnaires can be improved:
- such as by adding answer-activated conditional questions , ex: if you check a box at Question1, then skip to Question8 etc.)
The display can be improved by having options
- such as by adding the option of showing the most recently completed form on top
- visually grouping forms - as worked on etc (not just read or unread) by user-activated flagging.

Judy

Loving this program!

This has been a huge time and paper saver for me. Most of my patients love it. Some people that are still uncomfortable with doing online forms can get baffled and occasionally people have a challenge with saving the information (maybe it's their browser?). I also like how easy it is to make changes on the forms.
My only recommendation is to condense the printable form. My health history is >20 pages printed. Probably could be 1/2 that if it wasn't so spread out.

Pros

easy to use, make changes and send to patients

Cons

the printable version is very long; >20 pages, could be much less if it weren't so spread out in print version.

Response from IntakeQ

Hello Judy,

Thank you so much for the positive review! Regarding the issue with printed forms using up too much paper, you can enable a more condensed version that should work better for you. You can find it in the Settings tab under More -> Settings. You should enable both options in the PDF section.
I hope this helps!

Replied 02/12/2016

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Exceptional customer service, clean/professional forms & nothing but positive feedback from...

Really impressed with IntakeQ. The online forms have allowed our practice to operate smoothly and efficiently from the very beginning. We have always felt valued as a customer too, which isn't necessarily easy to come by these days.

Pros

As a practice in our first year of business, IntakeQ really helped us get started on the right foot. Creating all of our forms from the very beginning with IntakeQ has truly made a positive impact on our patient experience. Collaborating with the customer service team makes the design process enjoyable, they are always available and incredibly helpful! Patients have appreciated being able to complete the forms via cell phone and they like that progress is saved as they go. We haven't had a single negative review about IntakeQ from our patients. I am glad that we found IntakeQ and I strongly recommend IntakeQ to any practices looking to be paperless and utilize online intake forms.

Cons

Can't think of any cons to IntakeQ, although at first I wasn't sure if we needed it since we were just starting out as a solo practice. Not the case! The cost is definitely worth it, no questions asked. Between the dedicated customer service team and positive patient feedback, I can't imagine our office opening a year ago without IntakeQ.

Heather

Reviewed on 07/11/2017

staff and patients love it! helps expedite our patient appointments and flow

see review - :)

Pros

I like that our patients can fill this out in the quietness of their homes, it helps my staff prepare for a busy day by entering the patient's information ahead of time, and patients tend to be more thorough with their answers if they have time to complete the questionnaires at home. IntakeQ is always adding new features which is great too. Not all of them apply to how we use the software, however, they are always innovating and improving.

Cons

I wish the forms integrated with our EMR (electronic medical records) software so we didn't have to manually enter the data - but the functions and ability to get the patient's information before they come in outweighs this obstacle.

Daphne

Reviewed on 13/04/2018

Love the continuous updates!

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to set up fairly complicated intake form rules and booking settings. Digitizing our intake forms and booking in general has definitely streamlined both processes for our business.

Cons

Lack of family support - e.g. a parent booking appointments for multiple children has to use several different email addresses, and the profiles often fail to "link" properly so we're constantly merging client profiles. Lack of integration is a huge con for us - we have to update our EMR schedule with booking changes manually, payment info doesn't link to our billing vendor (our Google calendar does synch - hoping for more future integrations).

Joy

Love IntakeQ!

I use IntakeQ for scheduling, appointment reminders and new patient intake forms and consents. It has saved me so much time and helped to keep me better organized. It is so easy to use and very intuitive, and my patients all seem impressed by it. The customer service is also very receptive to suggestions and requests, which is reflected in the updates and new features. I don't use it for my documentation because it doesn't work for my needs, but that is an option for those who are looking for it.

Pros

Scheduling, ability to connect with my google calendar, appointment reminders, ease of creating forms, ease of sending out forms, notifications when forms are completed and returned, the dashboard.

Cons

The patient documentation portal and customization don't meet my needs. It would be nice to be able to have my documentation connected to my schedule, though.

Jessica

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Great management/time saving

Easy to send forms to clients and keep everything well organized and in order!

Pros

Love intake q. Love all the auto features plus if there is something you think that is needed the team is always open to suggestions and their support team is amazing! Makes day to day operations a breeze.

Cons

Sometimes with any software it has a mind of its own. But can figure out quickly.

mary

Reviewed on 17/07/2017

Great customer service! Great functions but wish I could receive faxes as well as send them.

Pros

The functions and convenience~ I really like being able to send my intake packet on-line. My clients love this also because they are used doing things on-line. It is so helpful because I usually get the packet completed and returned the same day I send. It allows me time to prepare for a new client. I like NOT having paper and instead of having a comprehensive electronic client file. The appointment reminder for a first appointment is wonderful!

Cons

Not user friendly and not very intuitive. Great customer service but I would like to be able to do things without having to contact customer service! I would like to be able to click on a current form to see out something was created so I could then do it myself on other forms . I find my self looking at a form that was done for me my customer service and wondering "Now how did they do that?"

I really dislike that I can send but not receive faxes -- how great would this be to receive a client fax and be able easily to attach it to that file! I would even pay extra for that function,

Katie

Reviewed on 22/01/2018

Everything works efficiently and customer service is superb.

Pros

How easy it is for the patients to use. How amazing the customer service team is. No matter how small the issue they respond and fix the problem faster than any other customer service I have ever dealt with.

Cons

My only complaint would be when you trying to block a time off, when you click on the hour block you want it defaults to 15 minute increment time instead of an even hour.

Beau

Reviewed on 15/03/2019

It is truly the BEST practice management software and EHR that I have yet to find all in one!

After set up, it really is close to perfect. The customer care is excellent and they get back to me within 30min-2hrs max. I rarely have had to wait more than 12-14hrs for a reply. They even will jump on a tech support call if you need help, but the Help Resource section is very well done!

Pros

It offers everything that your business needs to conduct HIPAA compliant SOPs. I honestly have not seen any other software platforms that have as many features and allow for customizations.

Cons

It is a little tricky to set up, but the customization is limitless!

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

Continually updated

Pros

I like that it is simple to use and that they continue to respond to customers and add new services and solutions

Cons

I have found it a little less user friendly with the medical notes section, but this is because it does not do some things I would like which may be a bit outside the mainstream.