About UKG Pro

UKG Pro is a powerful, global HCM solution. Transform your business with a truly connected global workforce experience delivered through resilient and mindful HR technology. From payroll to talent, to service delivery, to...

3.9

Browse UKG Pro Reviews

Yendi

Reviewed on 11/06/2018

Best payroll solution

It help us speed the payroll process by 45% more fast.

Pros

Ultipro best trait is the ability to customize the settings or features in a way to mold it on how the business works.This is a very intuitive tool, that even our non tech people can manage and control their own data and find everything they need on UltiPro. The cloud provides a real-time information including reports and dashboards that has the ability for employees to be able to navigate seamlessly and manage their information is made an impact. Very easy to use.

Cons

Very limited on the workflow process in web based. Some features are slower than other, not sure if its because the data is too much. This are small bumps compared to the benefits that this tool offers, so overall it doesn't have too many flaws.

Yeni

Reviewed on 07/07/2018

I love the UltiPro experience.

Pros

The UltiPro user interface is intuitive,easily customizable ,easy to navigate and i have been impressed with how UltiPro has continuously improved over the years ,with new features being added regularly. UltiPro has been superb for my team as a tool for time keeping.
Cognos analytic is a stand out tool on UltiPro , and simplifies the process of reporting on our payroll. I like the standardized report ,and the freedom to edit the names and modify them to fit our business need is priceless.

Cons

Ultipro's workflows are very limited . I will like the user interface remodeled in a way that we are able to view the "compensation-history" from one page , for every staff in the organization.

Response from Ultimate Software

Hi Yeni, thank you so much for the kind words. We're thrilled to hear you enjoy our business analytics features. Have a great day!

Replied 26/07/2018
Taja
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Ultipro

Pros

Pretty straightforward for the most part and you are able to navigate pretty easy.

Cons

Few crashes and system issues every so often.

Top UKG Pro Alternatives

Crishna
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

Pro? NOT!!

There are a lot of other app and software that does the job for timekeeping and payroll. DO NOT CONSIDER UKG Pro. I don't have any positive word to say on this app. A simple timesheet requires you to download UKG Pro and UKG Dimensions. 2 apps when other software can do it in one! The fields are very complicated and difficult to use even for a millennial and tech savvy like me!

Pros

I seriously have nothing positive to say about this app. Extremely frustrating to use. Save yourself and DO NOT consider!

Cons

Very difficult to use, NOT USER FRIENDLY at all. A lot of fields that are so complicated and unnecessary. This app will surely make you feel AT LOST for wanting just to punch your time!

jimbo
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 18/11/2022

ukg pro is a go

I am very happy with UKG it is very easy to use and navigate

Pros

very fast and easy to use for daily time punches and pto requests

Cons

At first it is a little different to navigate but becomes very easy to use quickly.

Elizabeth

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

Great mid sized HRIS system

Overall we have been very happy with our decision to move to UltiPro

Pros

The ability to customize the system when needed. Easy to use, seems fairly user friendly.

Cons

Time and attendance tracking leaves some things to be desired, hopefully with the merger with Kronos this will be addressed in the near future. There are still some aspects of the system that do need to provide more customization.

Reasons for Choosing UKG Pro

Wanted a better all in one system

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to UKG Pro

Seemed like this product was the best option from a user and back end user experience

Reviewed on 07/12/2022

UKG Pro Employee Portal

Pros

UKG Pro is a great employee portal for paychecks, deposits, and other employee information.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons since before this I used ADP and Paylocity; and UKG is way better.

Elleb
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 12/12/2022

Ukg pro is very user friendly

I am able to easily develop and post staff trainings

Pros

The ease of tracking my time in real time and tracking and requesting time off.As a trainer I love the whole platform of posting training modules for staff.

Cons

I don't like the app. It often doesn't allow a time punch

Kaley
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 14/01/2023

Pretty Good, Some Learning Needed

Pros

A lot, a lot, a lot goes into this interface and that's not lost on me. Great to have it all in one spot. Time clock, benefits, employee data, company memos, and the like. Password sync and FaceID is nice for streamlined login.

Cons

Some aspects like benefit summary are not user-friendly on the mobile app.

Reviewed on 05/12/2022

UltiPro

Pros

You can look at your W-2 paystubs and more

Cons

There isn't really anything I didn't like

Emily

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

Great HR Software from a Forward Thinking Company

We have realized some streamlined payroll business practices, and within Onboarding as well. The overall experience with this software and company have been very good, with some room for improvement. But there is no business out there without room for improvement :).

Pros

The level of customization and the ability to create our own fields is highly valued. This is also an easy system to train new Admins on, and has a crisp and clean appearance.

Cons

There are some improvements needed within UltiPro, especially in Time Management. There are things that we would like improved, but the nice thing about Ultimate Software is you can submit an Idea for an improvement and vote on other ideas. Ultimate takes these Ideas seriously, and rolls out improvements quarterly.

UKG Ready, ADP Workforce Now and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing UKG Pro

Paycor lacked the ability to customize the system to fit our needs. Their payroll process was cumbersome and lengthy, and we had several tax issues with payroll as well. Reporting & Analytics were very slim. Paycor is a great system for smaller companies, but we had to move on once we were well over 100 employees.

Paycor
Anita
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 01/07/2019

Overall, am satisfied.

Pros

Visual appeal
Rapid Response is available to assist 24/7!
Highly customizable

Cons

Quality of troubleshooting depends on the person you get first on Rapid Response or your Rollout Team, so 50% of the time, it's great, and 50% of the time it's sub-par.

There is a lot that needs to be developed in the Onboarding and Recruiting Gateways. Some simple things are not available, or work in a strange way (i.e. the way someone needs to submit a background check).

UKG Ready

Reasons for Choosing UKG Pro

Manual integration between talentReef and Paychex was error-prone and not sustainable for our growth.

TalentReef
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 07/01/2020

Ultipro is great!

Overall the product works great, and my company states it is an affordable alternative.

Pros

We have been using Ultipro for about 4 years, and it works great. We manage our time sheets, as well as employee performances in the program.

Cons

My biggest con as a user is having a difficult time telling when I punched out, or if I had just punched out minutes ago. This causes a lot of dependencies.

Jamie

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

Best HR site I have personally used

Allows me to view all my HR information all in one location.

Pros

Been using this site now for our clocking in and out at work for 5+ years.
Very easy to use. Site has never been down, always up and works.
The site is speedy to navigate.
Allows me to easily and quickly log in and out.
Allows me to pick easily pick my insurance every year and has all the information I need on the site.
Allows me to quickly get a brief overview how many sick/personal/vacation days I have and will earn.
Can hop in and request days off very easily and then view a yearly calendar to see what I have already added in the future and the past.
We also use this for our performance reviews. Not a fan of those but the site makes it work OK.
Site times out at 30 minutes and it gives you a countdown before it gets there, so it makes it easy for me to see when to clock back in for lunch.
I can also view my paycheck stubs here.
It is very nice to have access to all of this in one location.
I also hear it integrates with AD credentials but we have not implemented that.
I have used other HR websites such as Kronos and this one is so much easier to use.

Cons

Honestly I cannot think of anything negative to say about the website. I have never had a problem with it.

Response from Ultimate Software

Hi Jamie, thank you so much for sharing with us. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your experience. We hope you have a wonderful day!

Replied 26/07/2018
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 18/01/2019

So much capability, so hard to navigate!

Overall, if you are only looking for basic information as an employee its easy; find paychecks, find personal info, etc. As a long-term solution, unless you do a great job of training and modifying the tools and menus, its easy to get lost; both because of the interface is not clean and it has too many options.

Pros

Ultipro has a ton of options of what is available to you; I've seen it now in two different companies. In both scenarios, the capabilities of the software were not utilized to their fullest extent. It looks as if Ultipro can do far more than either used it for. The load times and menus for initially finding information are fast to navigate. Information on different pages is presented clear as well. PDFs and other files generated by the system load fast.

Cons

The presentation of the material, menus, hotlinks, etc. is unwieldy and jumbled. It is hard to sort through all of the pages past initial launch ones. Drop down menus, if you move your mouse off of them, disappear; in 2019 that doesn't make sense. The ease of use is definitely missing. As mentioned, too, I've seen it in two scenarios, one with a company of 2000+ and one with around 200 employees. All of the features are not used and yet you can still open up menus and pages that do not have relevant information; if thats the system, it needs to be fixed, if its the user/moderator of the business, they need to be encouraged to get rid of it from the systems administrator from Ultipro. Just not an easy and clean tool to use.

The Time Clock tool as an employee is very difficult to use, too; multiple pages/clicks to get to basic information is overkill. Even then, it has a very mid-range power user feel to it... if you don't know what you're doing you may break it!

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

Ultipro is great for your jobs health benefits and work related topics

My experience with UltiPro has always been great for the 4 1/2 years I've been with PSAV (Presentation Services Audio Visual). The old way we used to ask off for days from work was writing it on paper and then submitting to your Director of Operations. Now you just log in to UltiPro and go to scheduling, and then click on time off request and submit. It is so much easier than how we had to do it 4 years ago before they introduced UltiPro to our intranet websites.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate when you're searching for some info on your health benefits, and looking for other higher up employees if you have issues you need to report such as conflicts with other employees. It list everyone above you without having to ask your manager for email addresses from say the person who handles HR issues.

Cons

Nothing I have always found it easy to navigate and if you can't figure something out say for instance logging into some of our companies intranet websites for training and other purposes it has a step by step solution for anything you can think of company related.

Joe
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

UltiPro is great!

Pros

The functionality is great if you know how to enable it and use it. There can be a steep learning curve, but once you get there, it's pretty great.

Cons

The learning curve is steep for some areas/aspects of the system. And enabling functions for certain areas is not as intuitive as "turning it on" you have to assign security roles that often conflict or give unexpected access.

Barbara
  • Industry: Government Relations

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

Bang for your buck

I feel my experience has been very positive.

Pros

Reporting capabilities. Variety of reports available and fit every need

Cons

Case system. I find it very time consuming. Fill out information then wait to hear back, then ask for up dates and wait to hear back.

Matthew
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

This software has the potential to be epic

Here’s a scenario: UltiPro shows an announcement for Open Enrollment and a link to read more (from another website, for some reason). Some of those elections can be made in UltiPro, which is brilliant because I don’t have to learn how to use a whole new system. But, for no good reason, there are tutorials on how to use the software within the software. Wouldn’t it take less time/resources to make the software usable than to make a video about how to use the software? I still think this software could dominate the world (in a good way, that is) because it has a good grip on centralizing the features and minimizing the need to use other software for similar features (except, in our case, to read more about Open Enrollment).

Pros

I like having a centralized hub for everything from Time Management and HSA contribution modifications to company announcements. This software allows for pretty good customization and is not something that is an out of the box solution.

Cons

Some features are used more than others, and the “others” aren’t necessarily able to be removed. I also am not sure that a scaled down version makes sense for the mobile app. I think it is predictable that a scaled down version would be a good solution, but removing features for a mobile app seems a bit lazy. It would be better if the mobile app had the same features, just redesigned for a mobile experience. For example: While I may not expect to change my HSA contributions from the mobile app, I should at least be able to see my time off requests and approvals.

Andrea

Reviewed on 23/02/2022

UKG Pro

It was very easy to use as an employee . I highly recommend it !

Pros

I really liked the ease and convenience of being able to clock in daily with this app, on my phone . I was able to request time off , sick days , holiday pay, through here . Without having to go to my director . I could easily check my paid time off balances , accruals , etc

Cons

I had no complaints . I was easily able to use this , and get notifications immediately from my boss that she had approved or denied my Time off .

JAZMINE
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 24/03/2020

UltiPro has been amazing!

I really enjoy using UltiPro! It is easy to use, if I need help I get it fast, and all my information is in one place!

Pros

UltiPro makes it easy to track your employment, employee information, income, T4, and a whole lot more. This makes it easy to do most things yourself like printing your payslips, changing your address, etc.

This software is secure and navigation around the site is extremely user friendly. I have never had such access to my employment records before it has been so beneficial.

Another thing that has been amazing is the customer service. It is always fast and efficient.

Cons

having to put in a code every time you log in can be a little annoying but I know it is for the safety of my information. There is an option to pause the codes on the device you are using for 30 days which is helpful!

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

Basic and on point

I've used it for a little bit under a year and I really like it. I can request time off from the app, check my punch times so I can clock in/out appropriately. There is even an org chart for your company.

Pros

While on the app, the functionality is a bit limited, but when accessed from a computer, there is a lot of details you can view and edit (if allowed by your company) regarding your profile, benefits, time off, etc. it is very complete, with work summary, details about employment and it connects with a learning platform so everyone can be up to date with the lates company policies. Payroll stubs are also viewable and you can be notified when they are ready to be viewed.

Cons

Maybe more features could be accessible for employees when using the app; it seems a little limited. At our workplace, sometimes the punches are not recorded on the employee station, causing problems with hours because it does not register them.

Reviewed on 06/03/2019

UltiPro Employee Benefit and Payroll Management Software

Pros

We use UltiPro for our payroll and benefits administration. As an employee, I've​ found this software to be user-friendly and easy to navigate. The web-based portal provides step by step instructions for me to update my benefits and payroll deductions and also provides detailed guidance for annual benefit elections. I also really appreciate that I can go into my Ultipro account and manually update my direct deposit instructions if there's ever a time when I want to split part of my paycheck between multiple financial institutions. Within Ultipro I can select either a fixed dollar amount or even a percentage of my paycheck to be split between accounts.

Cons

As with any payroll software, there are some limitations. I have found that Ultipro does not process payroll information quite as quickly as I would like, specifically, they issue the end of year W-2 data much later than other payroll systems that I have used.

Kelsie

Reviewed on 19/02/2022

Covers all the Bases

Overall, UKG is a good HR system for a large company, and rollout was easy with all the templates they gave us for our employees to learn the system and get used to a change.

Pros

Submitting time off is quick and easy with UKG, and you can clearly see if your manager approved it or not. It's fairly easy to enter hours as well.

Cons

Sometimes if I hit a wrong button when entering my times in, it would force me to refresh the page and start over. Also, the balance of PTO could be clearer.

Tom
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 07/08/2019

Lots of info available and flexible.

My experience is as a generic user. I don't need all that this software is capable of, and don't use every feature. I believe some features were not implemented, so clicking on certain things doesn't do anything, which is frustrating when trying to do a simple thing like see your vacation totals. MOST annoying is having to change my password every couple of months. Why? And you can't reuse any passwords. Maybe these things are customized.

Pros

Lots of info at my fingertips. Can make changes to my personal info without bothering HR staff. Able to see current paystubs, past, and vacation info at any time of day, and it's updated at least every week. A very complex, but complete application as far as I can see. But that doesn't always make it easy to use.

Cons

Slow to use. Hard to navigate and find what I want. Things are not laid out logically. Abbreviations and terms are cryptic and illogical. They may make sense to the designer, but not to the rest of us. I suppose most of these function are custom, so perhaps the software company should not be blamed. Clicking on some tabs or buttons opens a blank page or folder. Overall, it takes way too long to find things and use the software. It takes 4 or 5 mouse clicks just to print a paystub, for instance. And there's no way to print a range of them. If there are shortcuts to these types of things, they are not obvious or shown.