About Typeform

Typeform is a cloud-based survey management solution designed for companies of all sizes. It offers survey design, configuration, distribution and analytics within a suite. Typeform features survey design, where users can...

Browse Typeform Reviews

A¿k¿n T.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 29/12/2021

Very successful in preparing forms

Among other form software, it is the software that works for me the most. Helped me validate my business idea.

Pros

It is possible to prepare stylish form pages in an incredibly fast time. I easily integrated it with a different system. It is very good not only in terms of design but also in terms of user experience. I don't even need a domain name. I can quickly prepare a form and publish it without my domain name.

Cons

More templates would be nice. When I see a form, it's not too hard to understand that it is a typeform. Design-wise, the general structures are very similar. More customization would be nice.

• Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

Fresh Take on Better Surveys

Great. Makes the boring old survey chore, more of a fun choice. Allows us to be more creative and put out more engaging surveys with easier interfaces that result in improved completion rates. The back end is slick. The builder works. It is easy to implement conditional logic and the overall experience feels like an actual advancement over older software.

Pros

After years of using older software, we gave Typeform a try. It is more engaging, more modern and has more user-friendly options when crafting internal and external surveys. Ease of set up is there, and it has great logic and intelligence behind the pretty interface.

Cons

Not a lot to not like, however would like to see some additional analytics. This depends on your goal and purpose, as well as the way you set up the tool. However I would have liked to segment my inbound data slightly different. Not a deal breaker by any means,

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Wanted a better, slicker interface. Less industrial and more with the times. But still needed to offer advance setup solutions and intelligence.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Better user interface paired with the ability to retain all previous features from older tools.

Reviewed on 28/12/2021

Great for capturing leads

Pros

It has a very high conversion rate in leads, super good performance, I believe it is due to its look, I like it a lot. Also a super important aspect of the typeform is the API, essential for me!

Cons

The price is relatively high, to access the extra tools you will need to choose very well on which projects you intend to use the typeform

Top Typeform Alternatives

Adrian D.

Reviewed on 27/10/2014

Disappointed; significant number of results lost

Typeform don't make it obvious, but they do NOT store partial or incomplete results. In my survey over 120 people started the survey, only 55 completed it. Partial responses would still have been hugely valuable to me, but they're not available with Typeform. They ARE available with SurveyMonkey.

I wrote to TypeForm with feedback. Their response "About the issue with not-saved responses, it's the kind of confusion we try to avoid, asking users to test carefully their typeforms before using them..... we are not looking to implement this feature in the near future"

So a warning to people: If any response (partial or full) is valuable to you in a survey, please be aware that TypeForm doesn't store the results until the final page where the person clicks "Submit".

Pros

Beautiful looking surveys, easy to setup, fantastic analysis tools.

Cons

Doesn't save partial responses.
Some concern, as 3 seperate people reported not being able to submit at the end.

Response from Typeform.com

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback.

There is an issue around the legality (and morality) about storing answers a respondent gives before submitting. In paginated surveys such as those built with SM, the respondent needs to click on a "Next" button to go to the next page of questions. And in case the survey only has one page and the respondent does not click "Done", SM does not save the answers either.

To improve your completion rate, apart from applying a design or making colors and images fit your brand's, make sure to use picture choice and multiple choice whenever possible. Also use Long Text fields only when absolutely necessary and try to keep your survey as short as possible. The average completion rate our users are getting is 55% (which is considered high in the online survey industry) and we've seen some typeforms which follow these guidelines get completion rates as high as 80%.

It's unfortunate you only realized we don't save non-submitted answers after publishing your survey, and I'm truly sorry about that.

If there's anything I can help you with, don't hesitate getting back to me.

Pedro

Replied 27/10/2014
Riza R.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 06/12/2021

Typeform easy and fun survey app

My overall experience with Typeform was fun and interactive really loved the program.

Pros

What I like the most with this software is that it is easy to use and also very very engaging to use because of its features. And I like how fun it is for my clients to be able to answer the survey while having fun. Personally I would like survey to be more engaging and fun to be able to give my clients a interactive survey.

Cons

I like least is the pricing, I find it quite a pricey program. But I do understand that the program is very easy and fun to used. But I just can't afford the price so I'm still using the free trial program.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

I'm both using the program as they both have different aspect to their software and I'm using it to target different audience mainly our clients.
Smeetha S.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 04/06/2021

My favourite survey tool

Typeform makes it possible to create surveys that people want to complete. The process of answering is engaging, fun and pleasant. The data collection and view of overall results is also incredible!

Pros

The layout of questions on Typeform is incredible! It is certainly the most aesthetically appealing survey I have ever created. I have used the free version only!

Cons

It takes a bit of playing around and time to familiarise yourself with the question tools; this is not a major issue and is outweighed by the beauty of the end product.

Katie K.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 20/12/2021

Typeform is a good out-of-the box solution for professional surveys

Pros

I like that when building a survey, you can drag-and-drop questions and easily select features. You can have different branches depending on a customer's answers to make the experience feel more customized. We're able to capture sentiment in a format that's easy for our customers to use.

Cons

It's not easy to format the text display on a page - you have to get a little creative to adjust the placement of text, etc. (e.g. centering the text). Some of the question flows can get really complex and it's challenging to verify the routing is accurate. There are some limitations with adding address verification as well.

Reviewed on 28/12/2021

Amazing quality and high price

Pros

Typeform is very nice and elegant, much more professional to send to potential clients, and its API works incredibly well.

Cons

I think this tool is very expensive, making it unfeasible for many simpler projects

Dion D.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 15/12/2021

Getting my answers.

Pros

I like that with minimal work I can get a beautiful looking form out in the public. Also the statistics are miles ahead of the competition.

Also stopping and starting where you left off when filling in a form is awesome!

Cons

Sometimes the forms take a little while to load in the browser.

Marium M.

Reviewed on 25/12/2021

Great software to help get your audience engadged

Pros

I love that if you don't know how to use something it teaches you step by step how to use it. You can also customize everything that you to the way you would like. It's such a great tool to create fun surveys and polls to help get your customers engaged.

Cons

There really is not anything that I don't like about this software

Mark B.

Reviewed on 05/04/2021

Great product, but focused more on aesthetic than functionality.

Overall, I'm generally satisfied, but there's room to improve on the functional end. Their #1 differentiator is this conversational, one-question-at-a-time concept, but it is not always the right approach, and they should allow a mix of approaches.

Pros

Typeform has a very nice feel. The experience for the end user is very clean and has a nice aesthetic. If you're trying to look modern and want to have a nice look and feel, Typeform is a big step up from Google forms. Also, if you are creating a survey or form for OTHERS to use, it is great.

Cons

There are some usability deficiencies that were frustrating. For instance, if I want to ask you to stack rank 5 options, I have to create 5 questions, and then present the previous answers, for each one. It's a hack that works, but it's not very smooth and it's a LOT of work for the admin.
Also, the surveys ONLY work for external users. For instance, I cannot use it with a mix of direct and indirect interviews in which some are answered by the user and some are answered by me on their behalf. Not only can I not update answers for a user, but I cannot answer questions on behalf of another. Frankly, NONE of the survey tools support this, so the only solution is to build a database in a No-code or Low-code solution like ZohoCreator or others.
I think Survey tools should allow the surveyor to insert answers.

Google Forms and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Typeform was the preference of our Designer, who wanted to create a more attractive solution.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Our top reason for Typeform was the aesthetic. Functionally, it was comparable to Google, but the aesthetic was much better. Ultimately, I'm not sure it was worth the cost. SurveyMonkey did not standout.
Sapph L.

Reviewed on 11/09/2020

Typeform's user friendly survey UI can also be limiting at times

I still use Typeform on a regular basis but it's ideal for short surveys. If you need to create longer, more complicated surveys, it's one question at a time UI can be limiting.

Pros

Typeform's one question at a time UI probably feels the most friendly to survey takers. It breaks up the survey into easy steps so people don't feel overwhelmed seeing all of the questions at once.

Their survey builder is fairly intuitive to use once you figure out all of the options that are there (some can be hard to find). It also has a very helpful integration with Google Sheets so you can see all of the replies there updated automatically.

Typeform's logic jump feature (ability to take a respondent to another question based on how they answered one of the previous ones) is helpful as well.

Cons

Typeform's one question at a time UI can also be limiting because sometimes, it makes more sense to ask a few questions together on one screen. For example, you may want to ask for someone's First name and Last name as separate questions, but Typeform would only show each question by themselves, on separate screens.

Beyond the landing page if you choose to have one, there's no easy way to add your brand to the rest of the survey (example: your logo as a fixed header) without using backgrounds, which isn't ideal as your logo may look too big or small depending on the screen size and a question may appear on top of it.

Typeform also changed their pricing recently so you can only remove their branding with the highest monthly tier. Their Powered by Typeform button stands out quite a bit because its background uses the font color your questions are in (typically dark).

Jonathan L.

Reviewed on 29/03/2020

Forms That Feel Great

In my online marketing business, we use forms a lot. We sign-up customers, get logo requests, receive feedback, and more. And being a marketing business, we try our best to make the customer's experience working with us as easy and genial as possible. Forms often break that experience, but Typeform provided an excellent solution. This is one of those try it and you'll see type products. The form builder is simple, the form logic is robust and also very easy to implement, and their export options to gsuite integrates with our businesses flawlessly. And by the numbers, we converted more customers to clients at form-time.

Pros

Very few businesses don't require some sort of form, and yet when you ask a customer to "please fill out this form," they clam up, feel annoyed, and sometimes think of bureaucracy. In my business, we try to avoid forms wherever possible, but it's inevitable. Typeform elegantly solved this problem (my favorite thing about their product) by making forms an experience, and providing us a way to build forms that our customers don't mind completing. The form interface focuses on one question at once, then smoothly flows to the next, giving our customers a sense of completion, and-dare I say it-fun. Typeform also lets us customize forms with graphics/images to make them more gorgeous rather than a bland white or grey background.

Cons

Sharing Typeforms is similar to other form products: embed in websites, share via email, send a link. We use those often and we're accustomed to it. However, we'd love to see more integrations with popular online web-builders like Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace. Often, these web builders interferes with or doesn't correctly present the embed code we get from Typeform. Additionally, it would be fantastic to have a responsive embed code. With so many devices and screen sizes, embedding a fixed size creates problems for some customers-yes, you can work around this with a popup, but sometimes we don't want that particular experience.

SurveyMonkey and Google Forms

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Google forms, while perfectly integrated with gsuite, was not a robust, easy to use, and fun for our customers. There are also excellent math, logic, and even purchasing options in Typeform that we wanted in our forms, but could not get from Google forms.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Typeform provided us with a complete solution that not only worked for us, but gave our customers a great experience that defied the idea of filling out a form. We work with other business owners and have often been asked how we make our forms...and subsequently passed on many referrals.
Nadia B.

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

Beautiful, online forms in a highly user-friendly format

Typeform has allowed me to present beautiful surveys to my clients so they can share their thoughts, opinions and needs. It's pleasant to use, both for me and for my clients, and it's fun and fresh in the design and style. I have also been able to get further insight into the data collected thanks to the Typeform analytics dashboard. It's great to have a tool I can use when I need to rapidly create and publish a survey and engage my customers in completing it! I can rely on its well-thought out features and analytics tools.

Pros

I love how the forms work for the user: they're original, nice looking and highly functional. When someone fills out your questionnaire, they see each question individually. Once they answer it, they hit "enter" and they see the next question. The forms are very nice looking, with a good color scheme and font--it's definitely eye-catching and helps the user to focus on the question on the screen. Typeform looks professional and is an excellent way to gather information from your clients or anyone else you need to survey. It's also easy to create the survey itself and equally intuitive with its drag and drop style. The one-question-at-a-time format also helps to increase the number of completed forms, as it's not overwhelming, like a page of questions might be.

Cons

The price is reasonable but definitely adds another cost to your business for a single service that could be replaced by a free product. It is, however, worth the price if you regularly use surveys in your business. For those who'd like to add a logo or other additional business-specific designs, Google Forms would be a better bet as Typeform's branding possibilities are minimal. For my business I think Typeform is ideal, presentation-wise, but I have thought about how it might look less professional depending on whom I'm surveying (for example, very formal or traditional clients).

SurveyMonkey Audience

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

The look of Survey Monkey is not as modern and timeless. It's also a little clunkier to use and re-organize surveys. Overall, Typeform is much more functional for entrepreneurs, particularly thanks to its powerhouse analytics tools. In that regard, Survey Monkey cannot compete, and this was the main reason I chose Typeform over Survey Monkey.
Ian B.

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Form builder? How about "Minimally Viable Product" builder!

Typeform is an incredible tool for testing out ways to disguise data capture / lead gathering as something that is providing actual value to the user. It's not a request for advertising proposals, it is a "campaign builder". It is not an online order form, it is a "savings calculator." Essentially, you can leverage the slick UX to make the users think their inputs are causing something to "happen" behind the scenes. This capability is further supported by Typform's intuitive UI for building logic and calculations into the form. Typeform lets you increase inbound leads and try out ideas for larger (custom dev) web projects with minimal time commitment at a very attractive price point.

Pros

Typform's fancy/expensive looking UX is its absolute selling point. It isn't the most flexible form builder in the world, but it does what it does well and it looks great doing it. The developers clearly recognized the massive amount of custom webapp development that was going into making – essentially – slick, expensive-looking multi-step forms and decided they should just make a webapp for making slick, expensive-looking multi-step forms.

Cons

It is definitely not the most robust solution in terms of functionality. It only has a couple options for how your forms will look, it only has a few integrations for what your forms can do... and that is largely by design. This isn't the Gravity Forms wordpress plugin. This is a specialized tool for leveraging slick UX to make crude data capture masquerade as something more sophisticated.

Ciera H.
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Limited but reliable and clean

Typeform is very user friendly, especially on the presentation end (your surveys appear clean and professional - which I find makes people more inclined to complete). On the back end, it is relatively easy to navigate through creating what you need and tailoring it, but can be a bit confusing and limited when exporting and analyzing the data gathered.

Pros

The best thing about Typeform is how clean, nice and professional your surveys turn out without doing too much work on your part in formatting the look of it. Reliable as a fairly quick to use aesthetically pleasing presentation.

Cons

The one hang up that I continue to find frustrating in using this platform for surveys is the way that you are able to access and view the data collected. I feel that Xcel style spreadsheets and somewhat outdated and an inefficient form of collecting and analyzing your data. For my usage, I have had trouble in finding other options as far as formatting to export your data.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Superior visually as a presentation and for users to access, complete and submit [less roadblocks in accessing survey, completing, and exporting data]

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Much easier to use and customize on back end for quicker and less in depth projects
Ken S.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 31/05/2021

Great design and UX

I like creating and sending forms, and feel good about my recipients' experience with Typeform.

Pros

I love Typeform's stripped-down UX and the simplicity of use, both for creating a form and capturing responses. It's different from other in that it forces the respondent to consider one question at a time, so for long, complex forms it might be the wrong choice. But I like the forced simplicity.

Cons

It's a little pricey. You're paying for a the UX not necessarily features, which are substantially fewer than competitors.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Survey Monkey was too expensive and the feature set/price ratio was off. You don't get much for the money, and the best/most needed features are behind the paywall.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Google Forms is far too simple for some forms, also looks cheap. I don't like sending Google Forms in professional settings since everyone knows it's a free product.
Matheus R.

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

The best form experience

My experience with Typeform has been great, everything that I thought I wanted to do was possible.

Pros

Typeform is the best tool for creating forms that we have used so far. It creates the experience that we think is the better one for our users.

Cons

There are too many features locked behind a paywall. Because of that, we end up using google forms even though it is worse.

Jamie D.
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 06/03/2018

Elegant and effective forms for many different uses.

Typeform is very inexpensive for the features it offers and people are very impressed with the end result. We have been able to use it for much more than just a simple form or survey. They seem to be improving the product with v2 and it comes with no additional cost.

Pros

Form or surveys built with Typeform have a unique look that is easy to navigate and compatible with any device. Responsive design makes your form work on both desktop and mobile. Additionally, there are several ways to deploy your form. Their copy/paste code makes it very easy to create popups or overlays on your website.

Typeform v2 just launched and it is a drastic change from v1, but with a little exposure, it quickly becomes apparent that they have made it faster than ever to create a form. v2 instantly displays changes that you make to your form and building it is as easy as typing in the browser. Along with its ease of use, Typeform offers more complex features that really allow you to expand your uses for the product. We use question branching and the calculator tool to make an inexpensive online quiz for a segment of our users. Typeform also supports embedding YouTube and Vimeo videos and uploading pictures.

Cons

There are two aspects of Typeform that I do not like. First, each "question" only allows you to upload one image and embed one video. I realize that this keeps it clean and elegant looking, but I would like the choice to use more if I want. Second, it would be nice if it supported basic HTML code for things like embedding a video from your own video service. Currently, I have to re-upload videos that we use to an unlisted YouTube account in order to use them in Typeform.

Dave C.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

Top of class Form & Survey Tool

Working with Typeform has been a joy. The fact that it integrates with just about every other tool under the sun (either through direct integration or via Zapier), really allows you to streamline your processes.

Pros

Typeform is a really solid product with a great team behind it. The admin panel is very intuitive and easy to use. Even if you’re new to a tool like this, you can get up and running fairly quickly.

I also love the ability to create conversational forms that allow users to focus on a single question at a time. This is a way better approach that shoving a ton of questions in front of someone at once.

Cons

Overall Typeform is an incredible product. My only concern is their pricing.. Its fairly expensive for a form tool.

Involve.me

Paperform

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Again, I have to go with the amount of integrations. There are several other tools that offer a similar experience to Typeform, but nothing comes close to the amount of integrations Typeform has access to.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 05/04/2020

Hands down the BEST survey builder

You may not realize why you really need to switch to Typeform until you've actually tried it. There's just something about it that feels more human and welcoming, and makes the survey-taking process less painful and more fun. Both as a survey builder and as a survey taker. There's a lot of form-building software out there, but you owe it to yourself to at least give this a try. You won't regret it.

Pros

Typeform is hands down the best survey builder out there because it prioritizes the user experience. Surveys and feedback forms are a headache to take at the best of times, so the user interface should be beautiful, intuitive, and human-centric. The experience as a survey builder isn't half bad either. The platform does exactly what you expect, like copy/pasting content blocks and the enter key creating an additional answer option. You wouldn't think we'd have to be grateful for this kind of intuitive functionality, but sadly other form builders have made this something to celebrate. The plug-in to Noun Project for icons and Unsplash for stock photos makes it easy to create visually beautiful surveys too. There's also a whole untapped world of reference fields so you can easily integrate other information, like greeting a user by their name and auto-filling in their email address. It makes surveys more human, and that's a huge win.

Cons

There aren't a whole lot of cons when it comes to the survey building and the survey-taking experience on Typeform. The only complaints on our team have been from the more hardcore research types who want a lot of features available for analysis and reporting. Typeform does a great basic report that far exceeds what most people need, and you can generate a shareable link that updates as the answers update. But for some more advanced reporting features, our researchers prefer SurveyGizmo, which also has some more advanced translation features for surveys in other languages.

Jj E.
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 17/09/2020

Fantastic software that packs a punch!

We've created several quizzes with Typeform that have over 4 different logic scenario outcomes. Those same quizzes are now collecting over 2,000 customer emails each month (for lead generation purposes).

It's a fantastic piece of software that is super sleek, powerful, and integrates with all of the main platforms. It's heavily embedded into our marketing and customer service efforts, and we rely on it on a daily basis.

Pros

I love how easy this product is to use, and how well it integrates with so many different platforms.

Cons

While Typeform has a lot of features available, sometimes I find myself wanting to customize more items than It allows me to do. Because of such, we've had to find work-arounds for several different advanced solutions.

Zoho Forms and Google Forms

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Typeforms interface is better looking and easier to use. Plus, the logic scenarios that typeform provides are far superior than most of their competitors.
Arlène V.
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 14/08/2021

Forms + beautiful design = Typeform

Pros

The first thing that stands out for me when it comes to Typeform is how intuitive and easy-to-follow its form-creation process is. Simply select a field and add it to the form layout. It is a simple as that, really! And yes, you can customize pretty much anything you would like by simply clicking on it.

The various templates come in handy to speed up the process and the integrations selection is perfect for enhancing what Typeform does and for using it in combination with other digital tools.

The ability to use video is the icing on the cake because it enables you to add a human touch to your forms and invite those filling out the form to take a specific action (e.g. book an appointment, connect with you on a particular social media channel, etc.).

Cons

For some reasons, sometimes, I have not received an email notification when someone filled out a Typeform form even though I did set that up...

Remember one thing: if you are looking for a free solution to build and leverage online forms Typeform won't probably be it as its free plan is limited to... drum roll... 10 responses per month!

Paulo D.
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

Best form site I've ever used.

Excellent site with innovative UX and great service overall. Can't live without it.

Pros

I absolutely love Typeform. In my opinion, it's got the best User Experience overall. Its forms are customisable, but the best thing about it is the one-question-per-time structure. Specially great for long answers, although all kinds of answers work well. Also for when you, for some reason, don't want the person to peek into the other questions, or have some sort of "surprise" promo or something on one of the next questions. Also, the way the responses are shown makes it easy to find specific information. It's also got integration with Zapier to save you time, and offers many ready to use gorgeous templates.

Cons

Only 10 (ten) questions on free mode. Getting only 100 responses is already bad enough. Come on, if you at least offered a plan between free and Pro, more people would get it (specially in countries w/ less 'powerful' exchange rates).

SurveyMonkey and Google Forms

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

The UX is unique. The templates are awesome.
Halimatun Z.

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

Top selection for online form builder

Pros

Typeform form and survey form template is very unique and very different than other normal template design that you get from other form builder. I don't have worry about the form compatibility for different device, as the form is responsive and automatically snap into place if user open it from computer or smartphone.

Cons

There are time when i need more customization on the form that i creating and beyond what the build-in template can offer. Unfortunately, it is impossible as not many customization can be done with it and it is frustrating.