Patriot Payroll Reviews

About Patriot Payroll

Basic Payroll: $17/month + $4 per employee or contractor. You run payroll and handle your tax filings. Full Service Payroll: $37/month + $4 per employee or contractor. You run payroll, but let us handle the payroll tax...

4.7
4.7

Browse Patriot Payroll Reviews

3,386 of 3,386 reviews
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 27/04/2022

Patriot Payroll belongs on the short list for any small business looking for an online payroll...

Very easy setup and it's very easy to run my payroll. Also easy to add and edit employee details. Quarterly tax filings are automatic. Their recent fee increase does begin to lose their edge on competitors that offer similar services at only slightly higher fees.

Pros

The service was very easy to set up (that said, I did choose to move from my prior online payroll service, to Patriot Payroll, on the beginning of a tax year). Running a payroll takes fewer steps than Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll, which I've previously used. The user interface is intuitive with a ready help function. Good reporting capabilities and it's easy to see what taxes were taken and when they were remitted to taxing authorities. Quarterly reporting is very easy.

Cons

Customer service at implementation was very good. However, subsequent interactions with customer service have been inconsistent in that sometimes their response has been slower or less complete than I'd like. Also, although I don't consider it a "con," Patriot Payroll does deduct from my corporate bank account all payroll taxes the day after each payroll is run, rather than waiting until they are due to be paid to taxing authorities. This means taxes due quarterly are deducted from the corporate account as many as three months in advance. I assume Patriot is making some interest income off holding these monies. This early deduction is something QuickBooks Online Payroll did not do, in my experience.

Gusto and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Payroll

The monthly service fee for QuickBooks Online Payroll makes no sense for very small businesses such as mine.

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Payroll

Price and available reviews for the service I was seeking.
Jo Ann
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

Patriot Review

Pros

The cost of Patriot Payroll Software is compatible with the online payroll industry, and I find that their customer service team is the best.

Cons

Learning how to create reports to fit my needs. Thank God for their customer service team!

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Payroll

The cost was within my budget at the time of purchase.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 03/05/2017

Get a real company to do your payroll

Pros

It is very inexpensive and takes on clients that have very few employees. Customer service reps are EXTREMELY HELPFUL, polite, and very knowledgeable of the program abilities and shortfalls.

Cons

You can cancel ANYTIME, but then you have to send all the State/Government taxes collect to their respective agencies with the appropriate paperwork. Patriot sends all the taxes back to you to deal with. Some taxes are due annually, due the end of January, so if you want Patriot to file it, you have to keep the subscription until that date. Nickel and diming. If you want them to track sick days, accumulated vacation days etc, it is included. If you want your employees to be able to track it through the online portal, that will cost you additional per month. Check out the list of add-ons to determine what is important to you.
They offer QuickBooks import of data, but I have yet to see how anything matches anything on the bank statement. Like taxes are deducted from payroll, they show in a different month than the payroll, and the payroll imports as the gross amount which is not the amount sent to the employee by NatPay. If you use a dummy account in your accounting software (QuickBooks) to run all the payroll functions through, this will not bother you and your accountant will made the journal entry additional adjustments. I could not get my first payroll to reconcile, and it was determined that Patriot made an error and did not collect $ 3.60 in taxes somewhere. I am going with when the taxes were going to be sent to the agency, the error would have been found and corrected (depending on the tax agency, some are sent monthly, some quarterly, some annually.) The next payrolls were done correctly.
NatPay is a 3rd party vendor that facilitates the employee direct deposit. If you enter a payroll incorrectly and want to cancel, even seconds later, Patriot says it is canceled, but you have to CALL NATPAY otherwise it goes through. Be sure to not miss the pop-up warning. I was advised they are working on a better solution to make sure it is clear what to do in order to cancel a mistake payroll that was submitted.
The site is not all that easy to navigate. There are report and default options that may not be easy to locate how to set. Strongly suggest that you contact customer services and they will walk you quickly through the process.
I have worked with 4 different Payroll service companies over the last couple of years. They are not all the same, they each have strengths and weaknesses and wide range of costs. From what I can tell, they all do the payroll functions of collecting and distributing employee payments and taxes correctly. The big difference, besides costs, is what they include in the base price, and if/how they enter this information into your accounting system like QuickBooks. With any payroll service, you always have the option to enter it manually into your system from the paystubs which ensure it is entered how you want it.

Response from Patriot Software

I'd like to take the opportunity to clarify some of your misgivings about Patriot:
1. You are correct, you can cancel anytime. If you do cancel, we do give you any money back we have collected so that you can make your filings yourself. If you want Patriot to file, for you, (we'd be happy to), you just need to cancel after the filings have been made.

2. You do not get charged to keep track of sick days or vacation days. There is a free feature in the software called "Manage Time Off".

3. Next pay periods DO automatically populate. This was a feature we added last year.

4. All payroll reports are under the Payroll tab under "Reports". We have an excellent "Payroll Details Report" where you can adjust dates and select specific employees and/or taxes to view. These can be grouped in a variety of ways: check, employee, paydate, totals

5. Once you run a payroll, a file is instantly sent to Natpay. If you void the payroll, you are correct, you will want to call Natpay and make sure the file has been canceled. Because this is a third party vendor who handles direct deposit, we can't control how their system works after the file is sent, unfortunately. We do give warning in the system to remind you. (We want to be sure your employees are only paid once.)

6. Our QB export only sends by pay date, not pay period.

7. We appreciate that we can make our navigation easier, and our UX team is on it!

I'm having a customer support rep reach out to you to help you with these things. We are here for you, Chris. We want you to be among the thousands of satisfied customers Patriot serves every day!

Replied 05/05/2017

Top Patriot Payroll Alternatives

Velda
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

Best Payroll System out there

My overall experience since day one with Patriot has been very positive and if i have any problems with any employment agencies, they handle them right away and i have no more worry and fear of forgetting things. I'd recommend Patriot to any small or large business for maintaining their payroll needs.

Pros

I love Patriot Payroll because it is very easy to use and to understand. I had a hard time keeping up with all the necessary paperwork monthly and quarterly for tax purposes and Patriot took that worry away from me and I'm forever grateful!

Cons

I can't find anything, yet, that I do not like about Patriot.

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Payroll

QB did not do as much regarding taxes that Patriot does for us. Patriot is so much better than QB for my needs.

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Payroll

Not sure, it just felt like a better program.
GERALDINE
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 07/03/2024

I'm so glad we have Patriot

Helpful customer service. Ease of use. Affordable.

Pros

Cost, mission statement gave us peace of mind.

Cons

I can't think of anything. The closing of the bank last year was a concern but we trust that Patriot has found a secure alternative.

Betty
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

Church Payroll

My experience has been very good. We were using ChurchTrac and they decided to stop doing payroll. They gave us a list of options and we checked into the different programs. Patriot had good reviews and the pricing was pretty good.

Pros

Direct Deposit and ease of use are high on the list for Patriot Payroll. When I needed help Patriot replied in a timely manner and solved my problems.

Cons

I don't have anything that I can think of that I dislike.

Regina
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Very Happy

I was afraid to go with them at first but after my first call with a representative, they made me feel at ease.

Pros

It's easy to use and the support is very knowledgeable, friendly and readily available.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about it.

Eric
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 04/03/2024

Honest Evaluation of Patriot Payroll abter 4 years

good and support staff is easily reachable and always responsive

Pros

I can run payroll from my phone if it is necessary!

Cons

Some reports I would like to have are no available in the system

Stephen
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

Long Time Small Bus Owner Recommending Patriot Payroll

A long time user who appreciates the efficiencies it offers. I've felt confident each quarter and end-of-year when taxes have to be paid that I can easily retrieve the necessary data so it can be done right.

Pros

The support stands out - I'm a big chat fan and questions can be answered quickly that way. Support people obviously well trained.

Cons

They sprung a major price increase without notice a while back, where the cost went up by a much higher percentage than you would expect from a software provider (Quickbooks Online for example).

Rob
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

Owner/President

Could not be happier with this product.

Pros

I liked that is seamless with the Patriot accounting software, and that it is priced competitively. It was so easy to set up with the help of a customer service person, and using it bi-weekly, is a quick and easy operation. I can't believe it is possible to have a better option.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of. The payroll software has been amazing.

ADP Workforce Now and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Payroll

I felt that Patriot was a better option. It would integrate seamlessly into my accounting software, and I felt that I had better control over it. After watching the video, I felt even better about it, and after installing it with the customer service person from Patriot, I felt even better about deciding to go with Patriot. After using it, I feel it was the best option and I am glad I chose Patriot.
Ronnie
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 08/01/2021

Summary

Major benefit is Patriot is less expensive than ADP and easier to use.

Pros

To generate a payroll period, it is straight forward. I appreciate the fact of Patriot taking care of the tax filings. I also appreciated that they automatically added the FFCRA paid leave and paid FLMA leave . I greatly appreciate their customer service personnel. They appear to train them well and are actually helpful either knowing the answer/solution or will inquire with a supervisor to get an answer if at all possible. If not, they are great in following up with an answer or simply responding that they are still researching.

Cons

Navigating through reports could be improved by having a link on every report window to go back to the Report menu rather than having to use the side menu bar. When navigating EE time cards, it would be nice to have the dates appear at the top of the page as you scroll down to enter other hours to ensure you are entering on the correct day.
I would prefer EE timecards would open to the pay period to be entered versus the next pay period due to the date they are entering their hours. Many people end up entering their hours in the upcoming time card versus the time card and time period still to be processed.
Improvements to adding Group Term Life income at the end of the year could also be a suggestion.

Some reports need to be enhanced utilizing the Department data they have recently added. It needs to be an option on which one sort on. Anniversary reports have difficulty calculating total time for EE who had a break in service.

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Payroll

Price and difficulty in processing a payroll

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Payroll

Price and salesman was not responsive to questions.
Gandalf

Reviewed on 14/01/2021

Great for tight budgets

Overall, Patriot has been a great tool and it freed me from the clutches of Intuit, maker of Quickbooks. I spend a fraction of what I used to pay Intuit and I get more features with better customer service.

I also looked at Gusto and Paychex, but Patriot was the cheapest option with the most features, hands down.

Pros

I signed up as a Partner and got 50% discount off the retail rates. I like that the full service payroll handles all the tax remittances and reporting. Plus, I generated W-2s with the click of a button.

Cons

My biggest disappointment was the 4 day lead time on Direct Deposit. We typically set up pay periods to end on Saturday, so we had to run payroll on Monday in order to make direct deposit show up on Friday. That left no cushion of time and a holiday pushed the direct deposit back to the following Monday!

The "solution" was to Prefund the Payroll by giving Patriot a "Deposit" that they used for each payroll and then "refilled" to the set amount. Luckily, this worked for my some of my clients, but many of them can't afford to tie up that much cash. This may be a deal breaker for some companies.

Gusto and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Payroll

Intuit has terrible service, terrible business practices, and fewer features. It was a no-brainer!

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Payroll

It was cheaper and had more features. Easy decision.
Carol

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

I'm quite satisfied with Patriot Payroll

All in all, I appreciate Patriot Payroll. It's very fast to run, provides a summary that contains nearly all the information I need in one place, provides a PDF file that reflects pay stubs, by employee and it's all quite straightforward and fast. Journal entries are easy to construct with the information given for summary entry into General Ledger. And I do not have to pay by the year which is one of the reasons I switched from another software.

Pros

Patriot was a breeze to set up, even mid-year and mid-quarter. Payroll is very easy to run and because my clients don't feel comfortable giving access to their bank accounts, I simply provide a PDF of their check stubs for the given week and they write the checks, it works quite well. I am in a different state than my clients but we work by mail and email so PDF files are fine. I have one client that I also use a different General Ledger Accounting software for and I simply journal in the Patriot payroll in journal form at the end of each month. I can break down the detail as much or as little as I need.

Cons

State of California requires a breakdown per quarter of how much each employee was paid and how much tax they paid for State Taxes. This is a little more difficult to put together as there is no report labeled State payroll. Possibly it is there I just haven't found it specifically, but it is always the most challenging part of the quarterly payroll tax process. I would also like it if child support and Cal Savers could be on the same report as payroll tax deductions. If I had more employees it would be a bigger problem for me.

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Payroll

I thought the continually rising cost to use QuickBooks for the small number of employees was too much. Additionally, QB requires a yearly fee and sometimes a monthly fee as well. I just didn't like the feeling that I had no options but to continue to pay high prices. Because I live in a rural area I have limited internet access so a hot spot, on metered usage is a must. Thus I need to keep as much on desktop as possible.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Payroll

Patriot Payroll was competitively prices compared to Quickbooks. They were willing to charge monthly rather than yearly. Quickbooks had begun to demand more control and higher prices.
timothy
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

Extremely easy to use - Excellent US-based support

Pros

I absolutely love how responsive Patriot's support is and it's US-based, which is a huge plus because of alternative language barriers or time zone issues. They offer phone, email and/or chat support with low to no wait times. I love how self-explanatory things are - it's easy to 'find' what you're trying to do in most cases, without enlisting the help of Support. Definitely saves me time and money versus using an overpriced and under-delivering PEO, that's for sure.

Cons

Patriot does not yet offer the ability to break employees out by department, which is particularly useful for reporting purposes, when entering info into accounting software such as QBO, etc. While I'm told they're working on this functionality, it's been 9 months since I was told this and am still not hearing updates on progress in rolling this out. But we have since come up with a feasible workaround and realize no single solution will do 100% of what you're needing, in almost any case. So it's not impacting our workflow in an overall negative way, it'd just be nice to have this when it rolls out.

Gusto

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Payroll

Overpriced PEO services didn't fit our model anymore. We can easily run payroll and manage HR functions in-house, with Patriot.

Price and support
Karen
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 14/01/2021

Best Business Decision!

EXCELLENT COMPANY! I LOVE this company! I only wish other businesses were as easy and user friendly as Patriot!

Pros

I do not have a business degree but I have my own medical practice. I used other companies for payroll and they repeated made mistakes and were expensive. I switched to Patriot 2 years ago and have been so happy about my choice! The staff was very helpful getting set up and once I was set up, it is so easy to use! I would never return to the big companies! I recommend Patriot to all of my colleagues!

Cons

The ONLY con is that it takes 5 business days to get the payroll done, so if there is a holiday and we forget it falls in the middle of the week, I end up having to hand write the payroll instead of direct deposit.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Payroll

Awful customer service and poor product- and always trying to sell me MORE poor product!

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Payroll

It was straightforward, very affordable, and easy to use!
Lucille

Reviewed on 22/07/2022

Accurate, easy to use software and full of features

Working with Patriot software has been easy and worry free over the past years. The tax payments are made timely and are accurate. Customer service is available to speak with via telephone which is a major plus.

Pros

Ease of use and the features the software provides

Cons

As a full-service payroll subscriber there is no way to run a Form 941 without producing the entire quarterly tax report package. The workers compensation companies only want Form 941, so therefore I must use pdf software to extract this from from the package to submit.

Gusto, SurePayroll and Equip

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Payroll

Patriot software provided better reporting and more features. In addition the software is online so I an access it from anywhere to process my client's payroll

Payroll Mate

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Payroll

I chose Patriot software over others because of it's price, features and live customer service options.
Luke

Reviewed on 08/01/2021

Great Product For Accountant Users & Business Owners

Overall a great experience and will continue to use in the future. It gets the job done and it definitely feels like the company continues to grow and expand the product, always in positive directions.

Pros

Pleasant to look at and navigate the UI; has an intuitive design that usually allows one to figure things out quickly; the reports are top notch; and integrates with QBO & XERO. Also, the Advisor program for accountants is intriguing and definitely a plus, though I haven't capitalized on that quite yet.

Cons

At times, certain functions and the design seem basic and possibly below par than the competition in terms of features and additional (though not essential) tools or options. But I'm ok with this since the product does everything I need it to do.

QuickBooks Payroll, OnPay and Gusto

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Payroll

Price/cost and the negative corporate vibes displayed by Intuit.

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Payroll

Similar to above- Price/cost and the negative corporate vibes displayed by Intuit.

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

Best Customer Service!

Patriot provides a low-cost comprehensive payroll program that offers many of the features and benefits found in higher priced software. The customer service and support I have received when contacting the company is the best of any software we use.

Pros

Patriot is an easy to use, basic payroll program that allows the user to customize many aspects of their payroll processing. The customer service and support at Patriot are top notch!

Cons

I would appreciate more comprehensive reporting and the ability to somewhat customize report layouts to present the relevant information for the end user.

Paycom, Gusto and RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Payroll

Xero phased out US payroll.

Xero

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Payroll

Patriot offered the lowest cost solution for our needs with all of the features. I called and spoke with a representative from each company prior to implementing set-up and was impressed with the representative from Patriot compared with the other companies.
Elizabeth
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 08/05/2020

Great payroll software!

Pros

I was able to scale up my needs without changing platforms or disrutping my currrent processes. When I hired one employee I was comfortable doing my own tax filings and paying taxes myself--Payroll ran the calcuations for me and I did the rest. As I scaled up, it made more sense to let someone else do the filing and tax payments for me so I switched over to full service payroll. It was a seamless transition and has been easy to manage. I still have plenty of control but know that deadlines are met and payments are made. I also really like that I'm not paying for services I don't need or don't care about.

Cons

It is occasionally difficult to figure out how to run reports to get certain information. In time, I've learned my way around but it doesn't always feel intuitive. However, the customer service when I do get stuck has been great! It is usually a longish wait on the phone but they are efficient and very helpful once I do get in touch.

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Payroll

Pricing and flexibility to only pay for what I need. It has turned out to be as powerful as I can imagine needing and I am very happy with my decision!
Geoffrey
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

Kicks Qickbooks aside for the value

It has been great , and the value and ease of access are phenomenal.

Pros

First of all, very affordable. Next, it is very easy to run payroll, the dates are already selected. I just put in the number of hours and download the pay stubs. The reports are very easy to use as well and come in extremely handy when paying taxes, especially at the end of the year!

Cons

I was going to say nothing until recently. A new employee started and she is working low hours however the software was not taking out a federal income tax for her. I realize that is a precaution against someone not being liable if they do not make enough, but it is a problem when the company owes monthly federal payments and the system does not accept a $0.00 when the obvious other taxes are being paid. I'm actually going to have to call customer service soon...

Response from Patriot Software

Hi Geoffrey. The software will calculate federal withholding based on the IRS tax tables for this year using payrate, pay frequency and status. If the employee owes no federal taxes due to low income on a payroll, the software will report the taxable wages AND the amount of taxes that were collected and deposited. In this case the taxes would be reported as zero. Please do reach out to our helpful support team with any questions!

Replied 21/05/2020
Cameron
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

Easy to use and accurate

Pros

Payroll is easy. It takes just a few minutes and there are no hassles.

Cons

If you start a payroll, you can't go back and edit employee information without cancelling the payroll and starting over. Also, if you have some employees on direct deposit and others on paper checks, you have to set the pay date based on the constraints of direct deposit. You can't submit the direct deposit for Friday payment, and allow paper check employees to pick-up their checks as soon as they are printed. The checks will be post-dated.

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Payroll

Better full service payroll system

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Payroll

Patriot was cheaper than the other options at the time, but the price has increased since then so it is now slightly higher, but the ease of use made us decide that it was worth the little bit more we are paying.
Dan
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

Solid Tool, Some Shortcomings

Performing the payroll function is the easiest and best function. It has been simple to learn overall (with a few exceptions). Those items I had issues with the support team was great in assisting me directly (usually the chat function).

Pros

Ease of performing payroll functions that are beyond my capabilities. Enter all the data and it runs appropriately, collects the taxes, and keeps us legal and current on tax liabilities. These are all functions that would take significantly more time to accomplish without Patriot (and I would be uncertain if they were done correctly).

Cons

Several of the tools are difficult to use/understand how best to use such as the PTO/holiday accrual system, paycheck withdrawals, etc. I did figure out how to use them, but once I did, there were "orphan rules" I no longer needed/wanted and no way to delete them (and no way to make them do what I needed, which is why they were abandoned).
The other issue I have had is the way PTO works (rules are limited and I need to make too many manual adjustments). Also, the turnover from 2020 to 2021 was challenging. I had to complete payroll yesterday (1/4/21) before COB and the Patriot Software had a glitch (per my conversation with one of the Patriot representatives) and we were not the only affected company. I did manage to push payroll through, but rather than 30 - 40 minutes running payroll, I spent most of the day. Fixing issues, answering employee questions, etc.
On the timecard, I would like to be able to simply and easily enter 100 or more charging categories for projects. I'm looking for a new solution because there isn't really a simple way to administer that type of requirement in the timecard system

Reviewed on 25/03/2022

The Pros And Cons Of Patriot Payroll: Everything You Need To Know.

Overall, I have had a positive experience with Patriot Payroll. The staff is friendly and helpful, and they always answer my questions in a timely manner. I appreciate the fact that they offer both online and offline payroll services, which makes it easy for me to stay compliant with the IRS. I would definitely recommend their services to other small businesses.

Pros

There are many things that we like about Patriot Payroll. First, they offer a variety of services that cater to our needs. Second, their customer service is excellent. We always receive prompt responses to our questions, and their representatives are always willing to help. Third, their prices are very reasonable, and they offer a variety of payment options. Finally, their software is easy to use and very reliable. We never have any problems with it, and it makes processing payroll a breeze.

Cons

There are a few things that I didn't like about Patriot Payroll. First, their customer service is not the best. It can be very difficult to get in touch with someone who can help you, and when you do, they often don't have the answers to your questions. Second, their website is not very user-friendly. It can be hard to find what you're looking for, and the layout is not very intuitive. Finally, their prices are a bit high compared to other payroll providers.

Richard

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

Best Overall Payroll Experience I've had in 40 years

Patriot's team members were invaluable in cleaning up the horrible mess created by 1800Accountants who repeatedly filed erroneous 941s after I fired them. For over a year I had numerous letters and calls with the IRS trying to explain that 1800Accountants was sending incorrect 941s with zero dollar amounts. Patriot had to file many amended reports.

Pros

The software is easy to use and the value for the dollar is the best part for me. I had a C Corporation with many employees for 35 years and now I have an LLC. The customer service people are the best part - professional, friendly and efficient.

Cons

I really have no complaints. Years ago I was developer of commercial software for IBM with extremely high standards for user interface and user experience. If I studied the usability I probably would make some suggestions about the user experience and what I call "intuitively obvious' user interface but nothing that I consider show stoppers.

Melanie
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 13/08/2021

This is the only payroll software I've ever used and the only one I ever plan to use

I love how hands off and easy to use it is. I run payroll weekly and it takes me about 5 minutes total. It's completely seamless and efficient!

Pros

When I signed up for Patriot (YEARS ago!) I wanted something that was user friendly, easy to navigate and had an awesome customer service team behind it. I'm an entrepreneur; not an accountant and I wanted a company that would help whenever I had tax related questions. Patriot has fit the bill for all of that.

Cons

The only thing that has been an issue is there have been two times in the last year in which my employees have woken up Friday morning and not had their direct deposit paychecks in their bank account. Given the stressful times of COVID this has caused them (mainly their spouses!) stress wondering where their paychecks have been. Luckily both times I've gotten on chat with Patriot and they've admitted the problem with their bank and have promised the direct deposits would be in by EOD. And they have been. I do hope they can get those kinks worked out bc no one likes to wake up and not have their owed money in their bank accounts. But for what it's worth... the communication about it is AMAZING and most of the time that is more important than anything else.

Cost and ease of use.