About Verizon Connect

Verizon Connect Reveal is a cloud-based electronic logging device (ELD) and fleet management platform that provides GPS fleet tracking to help businesses gain a 360 overview of all fleet management operations. High-resolution...

2.8
3.2
3.4
2.8

Browse Verizon Connect Reviews

Joanne

Reviewed on 31/03/2016

Verizon WORK

Stahlman-England, INC began using Verizon WORK in January 2015. The overall program was easy to implement and the Customer Support was beyond expectations! This program was less expensive than all other Service Programs and accomplished a lot more with regard to “real-time”, invoicing, reports, quotes, and customer follow-up. This Program has enhanced our business and the endless features Verizon WORK offers, is still being discovered and incorporated into our business plan

EXCELLENT FOR CONSOLIDATED CLIENT INFORMATION, SERVICE APPOINTMENTS & SCHEDULING, INVOICING, PROFITABILITY, AND DETAILED REPORTS!

Pros

• Verizon WORK gives me, as Director of Corporate Operations, essential detailed productivity reports within seconds.

• Instead of needing 2 to 3 different software programs, Verizon WORK alone produces these reports.

• With a click, I have reports of total revenue including breakdown of labor, parts, travel time and actual job duration.

• Our technicians are able to sell more by doing quotes instantly. This exciting, real-time “Quotes” feature allows our office to email these figures within an hour, thereby closing more sales than ever before.

• Verizon WORK has allowed us to streamline and fast-track our paperwork; one-hour tasks are now done in minutes. Verizon WORK enabled our transition from piles of paperwork to next-generation technology.

Cons

PRODUCT ENHANCEMENT of certain issues. Example, more than one email address, speed of program when changing on the dashboard.

Dakota
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 16/01/2023

Increase work productivity

overall we have a positive experience from working with Verizon connect.

Pros

This software really helps our team more our business forward, they always have offers for discounted pricing as well.

Cons

It can be hard to get in contact with Verizon team and it is a bit tricky to set up this, we are thankful for this software.

Caity

Reviewed on 10/01/2020

Customer Service Nonexistent

Overall it has been very frustrating to work with VerizonConnect. They seem to have no urgency when it comes to fixing issues and complaints/concerns from their customers. They tend to not respond to emails and do not value communication with the customer. It has become very obvious that they do not communicate internally between their various departments. It feels as if each of their departments are completely separate companies that don't get on the same page with one another. Maybe this review will finally get someone to respond to our emails. It has been over a month of us not being able to pay our initial invoice because they have not gotten us the proper documentation we need in order to pay. Out billing department consistently has tried to reach out to them to get this information and to connect with they billing department but nobody has responded to any of the requests. I wouldn't be surprised if they now charge us a late fee even though we have been actively trying to pay.

Pros

The actual software seems to be working well with our fleet. My scheduling department has been testing this software out on a handful of our work trucks for the past few months and now want to install it for our entire fleet (30-40 or so trucks) so that would suggest that the software works, and is easy enough to use and worth the money.

Cons

The customer service at VerizonConnect. I can go weeks waiting for an email back from their team. It has been confirmed with their various departments that they do not communicate with each other internally so each of the departments I have had to interact with has had no idea what was going on / what issues were caused by their fellow departments. For example, the sales team got our business and sent us our contract to sign. We signed and paid for the services and sent it back. Over a month goes by of not hearing from them. I sent multiple requests for an update on the process and had no luck hearing back from anyone. Once they finally responded they gave me the contact information for some representative we had never heard of. I immediately reached out and a week goes by and I never heard back. Skip to another MONTH later and the product is finally installed. Apparently, their sales rep stopped being concerned with our contract and his response to our frustration with how long this all took and our disappointment in the lack of communication was to put blame on a different department and say it was all out of his control. Their customer service team / sales team said that this is something that "doesn't happen" (i.e. the lack of responding, the long wait time, the confusion between their departments) but similar situations have happened TWO MORE TIMES since then.

Top Verizon Connect Alternatives

Catherine

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

Eyes in the sky, service in a flash!

Customer service has been rough after Fleetmatics became Verizon Connect. Its hard to get someone on the phone.

Pros

Makes setting up service very easy. Great because you can see where all tech are in a flash.

Cons

Software works good, when we had to upgrade to 3g things where a little crazy.

Response from Verizon Connect

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We're happy to hear you are finding value in our product and services. Also, thank you for your feedback around customer service. We would like to learn more about your success with Reveal. If you are open to share, please email us at: [email protected]

Replied 02/11/2022
Kali
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 06/12/2022

Verizon Connect

When calling customer service, was always helpful and would let me know when issue was resolved.

Pros

Verizon Connect is very user friendly, as I was able to navigate thru system and was self-taught.

Cons

When Verizon connect would be down, was very difficult to manage.

Kristoffer
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 13/10/2021

Better Services out there than Verizon Connect

The service has been decent but the last year the service was not working properly and they wanted to update the units. They have a sneakly contract with a automatic renewal after completion of contract and a 60 day written cancelation policy even if your contract it about up. We cancelled anyway and contacted our company attorney to handle.

Pros

It was easy to use and did work in the beginning

Cons

Other services provide more features for half the price and they also have easier contract requirements when adding new trucks to the system.

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 02/03/2022

VERIZON RUINED A GOOD COMPANy

Samsara

Reasons for Switching to Verizon Connect

I LEFT VERIZON AFTER 10 YEARS FLEETMATICS WAS AN EXCELLENT SYSTEM THAT WE USED FOR 10 YEARS, WHEN VERIZON TOOK OVER CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS, BILLING SUCKS, REPORTS SUCK, RELIABILITY SUCKS, IT JUST COULDN'T GET ANY WORSE, I SWITCHED MY ENTIRE FLEET TO SAMSARA. THEN IN TYPICAL VERIZON FASHION THEY TRIED TO MAKE ME PAY FOR TERMINATING MY ACCOUNT... GOOD LUCk
Tom

Reviewed on 10/01/2022

Absolute Garbage

So far my experience with Verizon has been a nightmare. I don’t know if they’re all stupid or if they’re just passing me around so they don’t have to deal with it themselves. They are liars, they do not Hope resolve issues and they are still trying to sell me more products!

Pros

This system has very few redeeming qualities. The mileage is an accurate the maps are outdated and it’s possibly the worst customer service I’ve ever dealt with in my life.

Cons

We were sold this program under false claims that it would give us the hour report that we needed for equipment. It does not work for me and I’m locked in a $39,000 contract.

Samsara

Reasons for Choosing Verizon Connect

They discontinued your program and we were told the new program would do exactly what the old one dead

Reasons for Switching to Verizon Connect

We went with the Verizon connect under fraudulent claims by their sales person. They are liars and their Customer service and product sucks
Dan

Reviewed on 20/08/2018

Fleet Management

Satisfied, but not WOW'ed

Pros

Location tracking for assets as valuable as vehicles and trailers is essential for businesses our size, and has proven helpful almost immediately in tracking vehicle history and managing logistics in day to day tasks.

The driving habits they track as well are very informative and beautifully compiled with this software.

Cons

Customer Service has always been spotty and seems to still have issues after being bought by Verizon. Hopefully, these are just complications due to the transition in ownership.he

The Driver ID functionality is not as secure as it sounds, and the driver ID keyfobs are a hassle for companies with many drivers and constant new hires.

Tracking with trailers could also be improved, the struggle I understand as a trailer doesn't have a battery to connect to when not being towed... but we have trailers that are still reporting after 3 years or more and some that have stopped or needed repairs after only a few months. The companies that install the tracking units is outsourced, so this could be why we have noticed so many discrepancies between regions, which also adds unnecessary complications when scheduling installs/repairs.

Grace
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 13/01/2023

Connect with Everyone

Pros

It is streamlined--get all the data in one place. Connect with everyone you need to on a project.

Cons

You need to make sure others are able to learn this software... maybe not as user friendly as it could be.

Buz

Reviewed on 25/06/2019

Verizon Connect is a good product

In the construction business we are able to see where our trucks are located at all times. We are able to monitor any type of speeding and also unauthorized use of vehicles. Also we are able to see where our vehicles are and not waste a phone call.

Pros

Verizon installed the trackers and helped us set them up. Verizon was very professional throughout this whole process and stuck to their commitments and appointments. When we have issues cutomer service is always a phone call away.

Cons

Even though the trackers were installed for free ... I feel that the monthly service is too expensive. It seems maybe you could get incentives or price breaks.

Robin
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 04/01/2019

Verizon Connect Autorenewal sham

Awful.

Pros

I'm too disturbed by the customer service to comment positively about the software

Cons

We had been with Fleetmatics/Verizon Connect for 12 years. We rec'd little support though a couple of years back, a sales rep called to have us sign a new contract with an annual autorenewal. This November we were researching Fleet tracking options and called F/VC to find out when our contract was up. We were told at the end of January so mid-December, we reached out to them to tell them that we weren't going to renew (we found another provider with more services and lower prices) and asked what we needed to do. The man who introduced himself as our "Customer Success Partner" told me that our contract requires 60 days notification so we were stuck through Jan 2020. I explained that we hadn't been informed that when we called. He sent me a copy of the contract and told me "too bad" that my company should understand who it is doing business with. He said in no uncertain terms we were locked in through Jan 2020. I asked to speak to his manager but was told she was out of the office but well aware so if I called her the next day, I wouldn't have any better success.

I did a search on New York State law and learned that a contract w/ autorenewal needing notice of more than 30 days requires the vendor to notify the signee of their renewal timing by certified mail (or in person) betwn 15-30 days of the deadline or it's not enforceable. Within 24 hours I received confirmation that the contract will terminated this January and not the following!

Carlos
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

Contract renewal

Everything was good till I try to get in contact with my account manager, I was placed on a phone call with a rep, because I was offered a better price on another company so I called to see if Verizon could have giving me a better price to increase my units. This was not possible because the only do this when the contract it about to expired, I remember that I had a contract, but my calculation it should had expired well it's not the case happen that I have sign up for 3 years renewable automatic 3 MORE YEARS if you don't provide then with a request on writing to be place on file till the end of your contract, but as per the rep I could buy my full contract, Well my advice to you is BE careful with this contract because it do not make sense to have a contract after you had comply with the first 3 YEARS 36 MONTH!

Pros

Software is good it do a good job but read your contract.

Cons

It refresh over 90 seconds most of the time.

Gabe

Reviewed on 25/07/2022

Be Careful

When it works, finding out where machines and trucks are is a nice feeling not having to worry where everything is.

Pros

Being able to track where trucks and equipment is has been helpful.

Cons

Customer Service is a big disappointment, when you go to get something fixed, you have to jump through all these hoops, which eventually gets you nowhere. I have tried to reach out and express my frustrations with this company with little to no feedback.

Response from Verizon Connect

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. While we are pleased to know you are receiving value using Reveal, we are very disappointed to hear about your experience with customer service. We apologize for the frustration. We'd like to offer some assistance offline if you still need it. Please email us at: [email protected]

Replied 28/07/2022
Steven

Reviewed on 19/06/2018

Basically, a very good product. I highly recommend that you consider it for your fleet...

Pros

Allows me to spend less time on fleet management and more time on other duties. Allows for driver accountability. Before we used manual logs to write in mileage. There were many gaps. Vehicles would be driven 100s of miles with no documentation of where they had been. We were also able to identify dangerous driving habits (90+ mph with a vehicle load of students!). We use it to provide dynamic routing to pickup students that have had their off-site schedule change. Finally, I have a good handle on maintenance and vehicles are serviced on time, because I can plan ahead. We even use it to track car washings. Training is great, customer service has always help me out in that regard.

Cons

There is no way to easily display current mileage. You must go into the edit vehicle function to display current mileage. There is no way to display the mileage of the vehicle during a trip. It will display the mileage traveled during the trip but not the actual vehicle odometer reading. Not a huge deal, but there are times where it might be useful (forgot to write down mileage of service that I performed in-house). Calculated mileage will drift over time, sometimes by a few hundred miles, so you should be adjusting about once a month by comparing actual vehicle mileage with program calculated. Add a driver as user is challenging if driver is not defined as a user first. Customer service is usual great, but it took me almost a month to get additional fobs last time.

adam
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

Poor customer support and follow through

Customer support is awful. We started with fleetmatics in 2016 with 9 total trucks in our fleet. Once Verizon took over, i noticed the customer support took a nose dive and has never been the same. The sales reps take days or weeks to reply to voicemail and emails, or don't respond at all. We downsized to 8 trucks, and we are still being billed for 9 trucks, despite our sales rep guaranteeing me it has been rectified. I have reached out countless times to accounting, sales reps and nothing has been done. The rep instructed me to sign up for another contract and the 9th unit will fall off our plan. Yet, we are still invoiced for 8 total units. Each month we short pay by one unit, and its extremely frustrating to deal with this when Verizon is supposed to streamline our operations. Perhaps leaving negative feedback will prompt a manager to finally reach out to me and fix this once and for all. Not happy and would'nt recommend their service to any other motor carriers! Im on the verge of terminating our agreement and switching to Samsara! ab

Pros

Running reports on harsh events, speeding, cornering very easy.

Cons

Hours of service functions difficult to monitor. often times our drivers will see something on their tablet such as in their rest period, but on my end they still appear on duty. The ELD customer service hotline is always on point to help our drivers, and lead the way in support. If only the sales reps could do the same!

Joshua
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 03/07/2019

A great GPS Solution

Their customer service, the products and features and the overall price are great. Honestly after reviewing 3 or 4 competitors this is the best option. I would highly reccomend if your tied in with other verizon partners. If not the system as a standalone gives you everything and more you could want, it just makes it potentially a double entry situation.

Pros

It is feature packed, however my one star i took away is because it only intergrates now with verizon Partners. We use none of those, so its completey stand alone for us. It works great for a fleet of any size. Installation of the units is quick and we have only had one issue with scheduling. The software is very reliable and we have no outages or missed data.

Cons

The cost, to be honest the cost isnt bad, however every new unit is under a extended contract. This greatly limits our ability to be fluid with our internal processes as were locked in for a new term with each new unit. It would be fantastic if this system/software could be easily intergrated with other programs. Our dispatching software doesnt allow us to intergrate with this software so were stuck using standalone systems.

April

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

Good but could be better

I love that I am able to see what my guys are doing at all times every day. It makes it easier for me to tell my customers when my technicians will be there where they are and how long they have been there. I like that I am able to help my guys out by using the maps to give them directions when needed.

Pros

I like that I am able to keep track of my guys with the GPS system they have to offer. I am able to see speed, accidents, engine failures, oil changes and so much more. I am able to locate them ion real time so I always know where they are. It has a lot of features that can be used to help me navigate my guys and get them where they need to be.

Cons

The system will sometime glitch out and will not refresh. I have to reload the program a lot because it does this very often and I am unable to just refresh to solve the issue. Sometimes even after re loading I have to do it a second time to correct the issue. Its a tad bit hard to use some of the features as there are not many instructions.

duane

Reviewed on 30/09/2021

worst customer service ever

No customer service. long phone waits no one can take care of your problems its always" thats not my job you have to speak to ___" then the wait begins again and again till you finally give up. I was on hold once where i went to lunch and returned to still be on hold for 45 min longer

Pros

cost was reasonable originally but support was non existent

Cons

Made every promise possible to get you to sign up but then all promises were void they even changed the length of my contract from 24 to 36 months. We wished to cancel after 24 and couldn't without a large penalty ! I was told we could expand to more vehicles at any time on the same contract and billing period. when we attempted this each vehicle was required to have a new contract and a different invoice period what a nightmare!!

Daryl
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 19/05/2021

Worst Support I've encountered

I have been trying for 45 days to get electronics installed in two new trucks. After the install fell through, I have asked my CSM to call me (over a month ago) and my CSM's supervisor to call me or email me almost two weeks ago. I have just now made a call to have someone at corporate call me within 24 hours to get this resolved.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY.

Pros

Being able to track our trucks is invaluable to us. We deliver A LOT of goods. Building supplies and other items. We need to know where our trucks are to provide the kind of service our customers expect.

Cons

The product is pricy. When it works, it works well and is worth the dollars spent. When the company refuses to contact you for over a month regarding an issue that REQUIRES fixing immediately, it is not worth anything.

Meredith

Reviewed on 07/09/2019

GPS Services

The program is fine except above. However the Customer Service side from your agents SUCK!!! as long as you don't need anything after the initial set up you are good. Trying to order and add devices, nightmare trying to get service and install of additional devices nightmare.

Pros

The website works well for the most part and is pretty user friendly for most information needed.

Cons

searching not friendly, you must know the device exact name to find what you are looking for. if you forget to notate changes trying to locate in the website and time costly and annoying.

Dan

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

Truthfully the worst customer service received in 20+ years of partnering with various...

If the notes above do not yet paint a good picture for you, and you are still considering signing a contract for this product, I suggest that you plan to throw away the monthly fee for 1 unit out of every 20 that you need. It won't ever work, nor will it be replaced by this team of leaderless lackwits, so make sure to order 21.

Pros

The ease of use and robust features of this relatively low cost option are really great. Easy, fast, intuitive, user friendly- it checks almost every box. But the utter void of customer service blows it.

Cons

The utter void of customer service. We certainly know better rationally, but it actually seems as if customer service is deliberately messing with us. It is difficult to imagine an explanation for the laughably circuitous experiences we have had in the many, many times we have simply tried to get a single non functioning unit replaced since February 2021. Not several single units, but literally the exact unit that failed to work right out of the box.

Nicholas

Reviewed on 11/06/2018

Software works, but no support from the developers.

recurring workorders and invoicing

Pros

Recurring workorders, easy to invoice, easy to assign new jobs to fieldworkers. Mobile and desktop access.

Cons

ZERO support from developers. Sales will tell you once thing, it doesn't happen and you get zero response from any feedback/enhancements you submit.

The biggest problem we find is that you have to upload photos one by one, you should be able to check all the ones that apply and do one upload. And when viewing those photos and attaching to invoices, you have to download and review one by one, when you should be able to toggle through the photos quickly like you would with any other software or program. We have been asking for this upgrade since the day we signed up and the developers do not care or respond.

If they would fix the photo issue, I would give 5 stars across the board. But because they refuse, we have to use DROPBOX as well as this software to effectively manage photos. 2 different programs when 1 should be all that's required.

Dawn
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 04/04/2019

Verizon Connect Reveal also known as FleetMatics

Overall we have solved problems in business with knowing where are technicians are even when they say they are somewhere else. It gives us proof of their locations in real time. While the technician is driving the unit on your computer screen will move as well. Great stuff!

Pros

I work at a Fleet business where we have diesel technicians on the road performing emergency road service for diesel vehicles 24/7. This system helps us not only track our technicians locations, but so much more. We can guide them in their travel where there is less traffic to get to breakdowns faster, we can find parts stores faster for them and it keeps track of small things as in their oil changes and lets you know when the next one is due for each work vehicle.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this software. So far so good.

Jeannie
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

Beyond terrible

We purchased to be compliant with DOT.... however, they are causing us to be non-compliant due to sending wrong equipment multiple times and we still have two trucks not working at all or not working properly.

Pros

The program is good other than the timesheet reporting. The GPS portion and logs are good

Cons

This company has the WORST customer service I have ever seen. I still have two trucks that are waiting for parts to be installed. One has been like this for nearly 6 months. There is no excuse for this. Whoever set up their customer service SOP has set them up for failure. I would like to know how many other companies are having these issues. I would also like to know how to get our issues resolved!