About Shopify POS

Shopify POS is a point of sale solution that helps retail businesses streamline operations related to marketing, inventory management, payment processing, product reporting and more on a centralized platform. The omnichannel...

Browse Shopify POS Reviews

Justin

Reviewed on 22/03/2018

Easy to use. Powerful.

It's great for my website and makes fulfilling orders easy.

Pros

Just the basic version of Shopify is powerful enough to run a successful e-commerce website. The addition add-ons make you an unstoppable entrepreneur as you can build a custom store to fit your needs.

Cons

I wish you could build a website beyond your web-store within Shopify. You can build pages and do workarounds to make it feel more complete but it lacks some functions you would get from say... Blue Host or Squarespace, or Wix.

marquita
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 29/04/2022

Shopify POS has definitely benefited my online live sales

I have been using Shopify POS for sometime, I've added other software and payment systems but I doubt that we will completely walk away from Shopify POS.

Pros

I love that I am able to create and scan barcodes versus entering prices and descriptions when customers make a purchase, its more efficient and I can keep track of what I have, sold and sale items. It's really great!

Cons

They are a couple of pricing plans you can choose from (monthly rates) but there are still some charges you will incur; like fees for on line sales and in-person sales.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Shopify POS

Another small business owner told me about it (someone I trust)
Andrea
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

Shopify Sales System

Overall it's a great system once you can get all your information to set up which can be a bit tidious, but the finished product is exactly what you need for your business

Pros

Its good that you can have the option of collecting your payments from your drop shipping plan using your mobile or any android

Cons

Check out can be a bit easier and quicker on the mobile app, it takes a lot to get the system up and running a lot of repetitive questions

Top Shopify POS Alternatives

Tebogo

Reviewed on 09/11/2022

Shopify review

The set up of the payment method is simple as you have multiple options of paymnet

Pros

It helps you set up your dropshipping catalogue and pricing

Cons

Nothing so far as I have made few sales and the ads looks great

Reviewed on 02/06/2022

Amazing POS solution for Shopify store owners

Overall experience is very satisfactory and does all the things that we have expected out of a POS system. I would definitely recommend it to someone who has an online Shopify store and a retail store to sync the data and leverage the power of Shopify in analytics, order management, and inventory management with multiple locations

Pros

The most important feature of this product is it syncs the retail store orders with your online store and keeps the order management easy. It also takes care of payment processing and sales reports. We can use multi-location in Shopify to differentiate the inventory between the online store and the retail store.

Cons

I have remembered that there were some issues/limitations on the Shopify side when it came to refunding some of the orders and we can't find the order by the customer name, in such scenarios, It could have been better when the customer don't have their credit card or email with them

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 02/03/2019

Quick, easy, professional ecommerce presence

Pros

I work everyday in Shopify and it makes the checkout process for our customers easy peazy. Less pain points and a fast, digestiable checkout process for all. Whether it be creating products, collections, modifying our blogs or more, it makes our lives easier to have a fantastic software to work with.

Cons

I wish we could schedule the rotating banner. This would make life so much easier than having to create and publish the night before or minutes before our launches. Also, make the box in the PAGES expandable rather than the fixed size.

Diana

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Great that it integrates with my website

Pros

I love that it keeps the inventory accurate between the website and in person sales

Cons

I have had issues with the hardware not working well or disconnecting. Make sure you have several backups.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

Game changer

Pros

Fantastic for taking in person orders and updating online inventory

Cons

Doesn't intergrate with all Shopify apps which means a workaround is required

Brittany

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

Big fan of everything Shopify does

Great for small businesses.

Pros

They really are a powerhouse. I have always been a fan of Shopify compared to their competitors.
All of their software is smooth and user-friendly. So of course their POS is too. Very easy to setup, great for beginners, small shops, bloggers. Can be completely automated and is easy to setup. I like that they make it easy to integrate with so many different programs and locations. I used Square before Shopify POS and I would say they're comparable in the way they function and look, however, Shopify's offers a lot more integrations and setups. I have always felt secure using this system as well.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints for this software. It does exactly what I need it to do.

Lincey
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Great to charge credit cards at shows and fairs

I much prefer Shopify POS than Paypal here, Stripe and Etsy reader (I tried them all).

Pros

Easy to use, non-laggy software to process credit card payments in person. The whole catalog from my Shopify store is connected and each product can be easily added to the bill. I often use the 'Quick sale' option for fast checkouts on which we simply enter the amount to charge. Shopify sent a free credit card reader that can read chips. The charge on the reader lasts for well over a day, which is perfect when you don't have access to power.

Cons

Sometimes (rarely) my phone and the reader won't detect each other and I have to enter the credit card number manually, which isn't ideal.

Samuel

Reviewed on 09/11/2021

Great for Multi-Channel Retail Businesses

I suggest that all the ecommerce companies I advise use Shopify to build their sites. Shopify is a natural extension of this into the brick and mortar/pop-up shop world. Shopify POS automatically integrates with your Ecommerce inventory levels, analytics, and more — making it a no-brainer for businesses already using the shopify platform.

Pros

The shopify POS is extremely easy to use and train in employees on. It may not be as powerful as some stores require, but as an ecommerce business that runs the occasional popup shop, it has more than enough features for what we need. I like how well it integrates into the systems we already are running.

Cons

I have no major complaints. The hardware accessories can be a bit buggy, but there's always an easy workaround.

Jessica

Reviewed on 04/06/2018

love centralizing my POS and website together!

got us more sales!~

Pros

I was using square as my POS for a long time and it worked fine for years I had zero complaints
but something better came along shopify POS ... the reason i decided to switch over (again i had 0 issue w square i loved it) is because my website runs on shopify so its alot nicer to be able to ring customers up and tie it to my website i can then add them to my email list , aesthetically it looks nicer esp on the customers end, i can literally sell items from my website on the go!
love it! helps me track what i sell more of, which makes my job easier!
the fees are decent.

Cons

I did sign up for this when it first came out so I had to "wait" a few weeks before it got to me, which was not a big deal but really was the only con .
no complaints as of yet

Brenda

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Pros

I like that Shopify POS is integrated with our Shopify website. If we sell something in store, it deducts it from our inventory online, which is very convenient. I don't have to worry about inventory being off.

Cons

The thing I like the least about Shopify POS is that when I issue store credit to a customer, there is no way in the system to know who the store credit was issued to in the future. In other words, you have to keep track of it yourself.

Jessica

Reviewed on 22/04/2021

Great POS system for businesses

Overall this is very convenient to use and i love how it integrates directly with shopify!

Pros

It seamlessly integrates with Shopify making it very convenient to view my transactions whenever i make sales outside of shopify.

Cons

I had some instances when using card processor sometimes it doesn't want to accept payments and i would have to enter the order in manually

Jonathon

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

POS is right

Shopify is CREATING business problems, not solving them. Their tax tables are often wrong, meaning that their screwups are effecting our profits.

Pros

It is relatively simple to train someone on, and then to use.

Cons

The customer support is abysmal. Shopify screwed up the tax rates. This means either we could shut down until they fixed it - which took a week - or we could charge everyone less tax than we needed to collect . . . and then pay to the municipality. Shopify couldn't care less that they had screwed this up.

CLIFTON
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Shopify - great solution for our Yoga Studio

It was a GREAT experience for all. The Local vendor could monitor all sales easily.

Pros

We partnered with a local vendor to sell retail items at our Yoga Studio. This option enabled us to carry a larger selection of items without having to manage or pay for the inventory. Shopify enable us to handle the POS plus the inventory management. It's ability to show images and bar codes made training the Front Desk staff simple.

Cons

It was another software solution for our Front Desk staff.... BUT it reduced our losses in Retail,,, actually we made money in Retail with out the costs.

Pamela

Reviewed on 18/07/2017

Excellent E-Commerce Program

Pros

We love everything about Shopify. It's easy to use. Allows us to check out customers at our retail store or out at an event when we use our iPad Mini.

Cons

We had not had any real problems with Shopify. Occasionally when an update was done we had to change a couple settings.

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Best Way to Become an Online Seller

We have been selling our products online and making a good revenue thanks to Shopify for a smooth way of creating your online store.

Pros

Now selling your product on the E-commerce site has just got better with Shopify, I can upload my products and make it available to buyers with the help of this software.

Cons

I think this software is great you just need to make sure you keep upgrading it on time as and when they have a new update.

Tom

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

Open a store or a booth at a trade show, no problem!

I could say about the software is that it needs an internet connection to function. That can be a problem if you're working a booth at an exhibition or show where the wifi or cell service is spotty. Granted, there has to be some way to transmit credit card information to get it approved, but it still is a trouble that the shop keeper has to manage.

Pros

Shopify's POS app is stupid simple to use. It takes payments on the fly and seamlessly integrates with the online store. It sets up in seconds and works on a moment's notice. Using it for day-to-day business or trade shows, the POS software is extremely nimble fits your every selling need.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 25/10/2018

Great point of connection from the office to the retail store

Pros

Shopify POS simplifies the Shopify app for the sake of in-person transactions in a smooth and aesthetically pleasing way. Easy to use for our sales associates and reads well to customers.

Cons

Lacks some of the features (editing and exchanges) that would be useful in-store.

• Industry: Sports
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 08/02/2020

Great System for Your Sales

We had been testing out other shopping portals, systems, etc. There is a reason Shopify is so popular. It's a great option if you're looking for a POS system.

Pros

Simple set up, reasonable price point, easy to add and adjust our product offerings, so nice to have a system that does the "heavy lifting" for us by providing our online storefront, so to speak.

Cons

There isn't really anything we don't like about this software. It has been a positive experience overall.

• Industry: Computer Networking
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

easy integration

you could to improve your business with a few efforts to creat amazing results

Pros

at the time to choose your platform i think that shopify offer great solution with availabilty of integrations to improve your business for payments , inventory, unlimited products and pos hardware

Cons

they have some hidden costs in some cases to get harware integrations, or staff accounts, the analytics services are some simple

Alistair

Reviewed on 07/06/2017

Fantastic!

Pros

Syncs perfectly with your online store to keep track of inventory. Super lightweight and easy to use!

Cons

If you have your store set-up in a confusing manner, it can take a bit of time to get this perfect, but not hard.

Nicholas
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 15/12/2016

Generally pretty good

There are a lot of great things to say about Shopify POS, and just a few negatives. It's generally pretty easy to setup and get up and running. It's pretty straightforward to use and is easy enough for a newbie to sell from. Some advanced selling can't be configured is my only hangup.

Tanya

Reviewed on 07/09/2017

My shop in the palm of my hand!

Pros

I have my shop walking around with right on my phone, I can complete orders and take my marketing offline, speaking directly with potential customers. Completing orders for customers right away, right on my phone.

Cons

I am unable to list new items through the app, but otherwise, it works very well no bugs and I am quite happy with it.