Shopify POS Reviews

About Shopify POS

Shopify POS is a point of sale solution that helps retail businesses streamline operations related to marketing, inventory management, payment processing, product reporting and more on a centralized platform. The omnichannel...

Browse Shopify POS Reviews

Dawit
Dawit

Reviewed on 14/06/2023

Seamless and Efficient: How Shopify POS Transformed Our Retail Operations

Our overall experience with Shopify POS has been exceptional. From the moment we implemented it in our retail business, we immediately noticed the positive impact it had on our operationsFirst and foremost, the user interface of Shopify POS is incredibly intuitive and easy to navigate. Our staff quickly adapted to the system, and even those who were not technologically inclined found it simple to process transactions, manage inventory, and access customer information.The seamless integration between Shopify POS and our online store has been a game-changer for us

Pros

What we liked most about Shopify POS is its seamless integration with our online store. The ability to sync our inventory across multiple sales channels in real-time has been a game-changer for our business. Whether a customer purchases a product online or in-store, our inventory is automatically updated, preventing overselling and ensuring accurate stock levels

Cons

While Shopify POS has many great features, one aspect that we liked least is the limited customization options for the user interface. As a business owner, I appreciate having the ability to tailor the system to match our branding and unique needs. However, with Shopify POS, the customization options are somewhat limited, and I felt restricted in terms of design and layout. It would have been great to have more flexibility in customizing the appearance of the POS system to align it with our brand identity. Although this didn't significantly impact the functionality or performance of the system, it would have been a valuable addition for creating a truly personalized experience for our customers

Heather
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Shopify POS in a food business

Shopify POS is a vital part of our business. We have now built 3 websites using Shopify and integrated POS with them all. Our operation is now far more streamlined through different methods of sale and we can target different customer groups a lot easier.

Pros

How easy it is to manage inventory and how well it works with my online store.

Cons

The cost is a little more expensive than what’s out there so I wish electronic payments were a little cheaper

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Shopify POS

Shopify POS had the ability to work with our online store a lot easier than Square. Customer service from Shopify POS was of a greater standard.
Meheza
Meheza

Reviewed on 13/01/2023

pratical tool

I really liked my experience with shopify POS, it's great when you start in e-commerce, it's easy to manage your stock and be able to manage your point of sales

Pros

I like the fact that it is possible to do a free trial so you know if you like it or not before continuing

Cons

for the moment everything is fine with me

Top Shopify POS Alternatives

Square for Retail

Square Payments

Lightspeed Restaurant

Amelia
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 07/11/2023

Shopify work great for our online business

Pros

Automatically creates orders from online orders and sends to the shipping team
Integrates well with ship station
Easy to process wholesale orders
Keeps all the online sales data in one place with reports that are easy to use and understand
customizable and easily handles lots of SKUs
Easy to train new employees on

Cons

Transaction fees in addition to subscription fees

marquita
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 29/04/2022

Shopify POS has definitely benefited my online live sales

I have been using Shopify POS for sometime, I've added other software and payment systems but I doubt that we will completely walk away from Shopify POS.

Pros

I love that I am able to create and scan barcodes versus entering prices and descriptions when customers make a purchase, its more efficient and I can keep track of what I have, sold and sale items. It's really great!

Cons

They are a couple of pricing plans you can choose from (monthly rates) but there are still some charges you will incur; like fees for on line sales and in-person sales.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Shopify POS

Another small business owner told me about it (someone I trust)
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Shopify POS - Far from a POS

Very easy to use and effective. Orders, sales, payments, it all works great.

Pros

This is such an easy software to use on iphone and ipad. We have never had an issue with this app or the devices that connect to it. Very user friendly. My father even has no trouble.

Cons

It hasn't failed us yet so I don't have much to complain about. I like all of the Shopify products.

PayPal and Square Payments

Reasons for Choosing Shopify POS

Because it worked seamlessly with our site and all of our business. Paypal was lacking in that respect. also has lower fees.

Reasons for Switching to Shopify POS

Just everything about it was better for us and the seamless connection to our QuickBooks and online store.
Issaka
Issaka
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

best popular e-commerce platform used by businesses of all sizes to set up and manage online...

Shopify offers extensive customer support through various channels, including live chat, email, and phone support. They also provide a wealth of resources and guides to help you set up and manage your store.

Pros

Shopify is known for its user-friendly and intuitive interface, making it accessible even for those without a technical background.

Cons

While Shopify provides a good range of themes and customization options, it may not offer the same level of design flexibility as some other platforms.

Almir
Almir

Reviewed on 18/06/2023

Must have POS Software

Although there are some minor imperfections, I continue to utilize Shopify POS because it remains the most user-friendly point-of-sale solution for my business. Moreover, I find the pricing to be reasonable.

Pros

Setting up and utilizing Shopify POS proved to be a fast and effortless process. Since I had already established my online store using Shopify, all I had to do was install Shopify POS on my iPhone, and I was ready to begin selling. The seamless integration between my store and the POS system for managing products, customers, and orders made the entire management process highly efficient.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any significant criticisms about Shopify. If I were to mention a minor drawback, it would be that not all features are included by default, and additional apps are required for certain functionalities unless you opt for Shopify Pro.

Adam
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 08/10/2023

Great pos for Shopify users

It does what we needed it to do.

Pros

East to set up, integrates with full Shopify inventory, and low downtime. Hardware is good. Staff is able to use with little training.

Cons

I don’t have anything negative to say really.

Henri
Henri

Reviewed on 28/09/2023

Shopify POS Review

you have to take a close look at the price/performance ratio. The trial version is not bad for SMEs.

Pros

I can create my own gift cards for my online stores.

Cons

There's no free version and the advanced features are a bit expensive for my budget.

Stephanie
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

Shopify POS is easy to use and great for places with distinct items

Pros

When using it to process payments, it's intuitive to use. Simply use the search bar to search product name or SKU and relevant products with photos comes up. It's best used for products with few variants or with detailed variants. In our cafe, it allows baristas to show all customizations of drinks right on the receipt which increases efficiency in our store. We can also adjust what tax applies on each order or product in the order, and can create discounts on the spot.

Also, it offers a 'quick sale' function which allows the staff member to add a product without going to the back end of the system. Additionally, customers can be added to the order meaning that our stored customer information can be added once the customer is ready for checkout. This is particularly useful when some customers have credits on their accounts, or have tax-free status.

Cons

While searching, even if the whole SKU is put in, Shopify POS (in its tile view) will only show the product, not the variant within it. Also, it doesn't show the SKU unless you press and hold the product image. This can be time-consuming and can sometimes lead to staff accidentally selecting the wrong product, despite knowing the exact SKU of the product they were looking for.

Also, if our wifi ever disconnects in the store, the POS on the ipads is rendered useless. There should be some way of temporarily logging orders placed while offline then uploading them to the system. And since the latest update, it takes about 4 steps to let a customer pay once the order has been input if they are paying with debit/credit since we use external terminals.

Kelly

Reviewed on 02/12/2020

Not a fan of the app update

The old POS app was very easy to use, but with the update I am thinking of switching to Square. I reached out customer service about the possibly of reverting to the old app; they respond quickly which is great, but unfortunately we are stuck with the new app which I do not think will work for our business.

Pros

Shopify makes it easy to add and edit products to your library. It's great that it tracks inventory and can easily see sales and customer data.

Cons

I have been using shopify pos for almost 2 years and am very disappointed with the recent upgrade. We use the pos app for farmers markets and oftentimes don't have great internet. With the new update, we cannot even get into the app without great internet. Additionally, there is a new password feature that is used to get into the app. It was not very intuitive to figure out how to turn this off and caused some problems with our staff. The new layout is not very user friendly as I find myself having to do several extra steps to complete a sale than I used to.

Brenda

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Pros

I like that Shopify POS is integrated with our Shopify website. If we sell something in store, it deducts it from our inventory online, which is very convenient. I don't have to worry about inventory being off.

Cons

The thing I like the least about Shopify POS is that when I issue store credit to a customer, there is no way in the system to know who the store credit was issued to in the future. In other words, you have to keep track of it yourself.

Reviewed on 15/05/2019

Fantastic POS Software

Pros

I love how this software is completely integrated with our Shopify e-com store. This allows me to sell my products at different pop-up events throughout the year. If I didn't have this, I'd be worried about trying to keep track of transactions, keep cash on hand, etc... This makes life easy and simple

Cons

This sin't really a con, but I get worried sometimes that the internet might conk out on my phone. You can't process transactions unless you have a signal, so you're dependent on a good connection. I've been able to work through everything so far, but it is a little scary when it takes a couple of seconds to process a customer's transactions.

Square for Retail
Temple
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 15/07/2023

Pos fees Iffy........But good tracking System

They were our first pos program and were easy to signup for but please resesrch your option unlike we did.........

Pros

Very organized on the payments processed

Cons

Fees....Fees.....and more Fees simple as that!

Jessica

Reviewed on 22/04/2021

Great POS system for businesses

Overall this is very convenient to use and i love how it integrates directly with shopify!

Pros

It seamlessly integrates with Shopify making it very convenient to view my transactions whenever i make sales outside of shopify.

Cons

I had some instances when using card processor sometimes it doesn't want to accept payments and i would have to enter the order in manually

• Industry: Museums & Institutions
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 07/01/2020

Shopify POS with Mobile Pay Options.

It's easy to train our volunteers to use and troubleshoot. We use both the little white Shopify dip and swipe reader and the sturdier-looking black tap dip and swipe reader and have no trouble with either. Set up is easy and payments are are recorded as received on different readers, making it easier to sort the source of sales, if not the item.

Pros

Easy to set up and define products for sale at a physical store. Located on a 55 acre site, we need it about once a month in multiple locations simultaneously, so it wouldn't necessarily pay to set up connected accounts. We need it to use mobile credit card readers over wi-fi and without a dedicated phone or i-pad with a SIM card. We bought 2 refurbished ipads, 2 kinds of mobile card readers, extended the reach of our wi-fi, and we were ready to go!

Cons

Inability to set up a variable-priced item. To do this, the item must be rung in as a "Quick Sale", so there is no identification of sold products or inventory tracking.

Jessi

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

Satisfied

Pros

It makes it very easy for us to keep our inventory up to date while we are at events, and makes checking customers out very smooth.

Cons

We seem to have issues with our Shopify card reader when we’re at events. It will quit working and then we have to manually enter card numbers, which takes longer and charges a higher fee.

Courtney
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 14/01/2022

A great choice for POS software!

Everything has seemed more seamless, from adding product, to managing inventory and using the platform as a POS software. Our team is so happy with Shopify!

Pros

I loved how easy Shopify is to use. It's very intuitive for "tech" people on our team as well as more seasoned employees who were not familiar with the platform.

Cons

Integration initially was a bit tricky for our team. But once we researched a few things, we were able to make everything work for us.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

Game changer

Pros

Fantastic for taking in person orders and updating online inventory

Cons

Doesn't intergrate with all Shopify apps which means a workaround is required

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Great for my part time side buisness!

As an artist who is still working a full time day job, I love how easy it is to post my items for sale. I normally am trying to fit in when I can during my off hours so the more simple it is, the better for me!

Pros

My favourite thing about this software is how user friendly it is. As someone with limited computer knowledge, I found the set and up upkeep to be very easy.

Cons

There isn't much I would change about the Shopify POS but I would like for the page with the list of items to be a little more organized and easier to search.

Aubrey
Aubrey
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

Easy to use for small business

Shopify has been great as a shopper because it helps me have all of my information in one place.

Pros

I really love using Shopify when I am shopping on small business sites because it is easy to use, has the option for me to put in my email to remember all of my personal information, and saves my credit cards.

Cons

Because this is a very simple software, I don't like how it isn't able to grow with a business. Over time, a business would need to invest in a larger platform.

Matthew
Matthew
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 05/10/2017

Quick software with nice looking UI. Easy to navigate and works well with integrated hardware

Pros

Keeps track of all products online. Easy to make changes on the fly or take multiple types of payments.

Cons

Does not know to merge clients (always multiples or cannot find them), does not allow to look up client info from the orders page on the app

Lincey
Lincey
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Great to charge credit cards at shows and fairs

I much prefer Shopify POS than Paypal here, Stripe and Etsy reader (I tried them all).

Pros

Easy to use, non-laggy software to process credit card payments in person. The whole catalog from my Shopify store is connected and each product can be easily added to the bill. I often use the 'Quick sale' option for fast checkouts on which we simply enter the amount to charge. Shopify sent a free credit card reader that can read chips. The charge on the reader lasts for well over a day, which is perfect when you don't have access to power.

Cons

Sometimes (rarely) my phone and the reader won't detect each other and I have to enter the credit card number manually, which isn't ideal.

Nicole

Reviewed on 21/02/2020

Simple and straightforward

There's definitely room for improvement with the POS system and I appreciate that it informs me when there's an update available.

Pros

I like that it links to my store pretty seamlessly and has all my customer information stored. I like the card reader as well. The life of the card reader lasts a while too.

Cons

We run a lot of promos and the POS doesn't carry over the promo codes that I created on the desktop version. Even when I input the promo code for the customer, the data doesn't carry over. A lot of the times the receipt email won't send to customers.