About ScrapRight

ScrapRight is an inventory control software designed to help businesses create sales contracts, manage the cost of materials, handle stocks and perform shipments. The platform enables managers to ensure compliance with government...

Browse ScrapRight Reviews

Alex

Reviewed on 01/04/2021

Help getting problems fixed

overall has been good been a few bumps in the road but always been able to sort it out

Pros

The software is easy to use has lots of features that fit our needs

Cons

There are really no cons I can think about, about the software itself. My real concern is when you need help
everything is done through email and chat lines and that does work if you are comfortable with that type of communication. I prefer to pick up a phone and talk to someone.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Technical support has been very good to us and for our company. We appreciate her help, dedication, and quick response even though the email/chat line.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Alex, thank you for the amazing review! I appreciate the candid & honest feedback more than you know. I have spent some time today with the Support Engineers and reminded them that not everyone likes to txt & chat like you do and reminded them that our policy is to pick up the phone and call 100% of the time! Thank you for your patience with us! We appreciate your long time business with ScrapRight and all of the referrals you have sent as well!

Replied 07/04/2021
Adam

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Easy, simple problems resolved quickly. Complicated matters are ignored.

Pros

The software is easy to use, teach new users how to use, and navigate through. Adding/removing is simple and accessing/printing reports is simple and easy.

Cons

Features (like the Container Tracking) are not available and the Scrap Right rep's cannot explain why. Further, ScrapRight rep's are quick to determine a matter "resolved successfully" when in fact the issue was NEVER properly fixed or even addressed.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Adam, thanks for taking my call today and reviewing these open issues. Derek is sending you a new invite to demo the Container Tracking and Dispatching module and get you guys up and running, this will include Asset Management, Scheduling PM's, To Do list and Calendar, it will also include the Mobile App for drivers. I have spoken to support regarding the open vs closed tickets issue, they assured me that they will only close a ticket that is open if they cannot reach the customer and are not receiving any information back. I did ask them to look closer at this process. Adam, again you have direct access to me, as do all of my customers, please never hesitate to call me directly if you feel something is not being resolved to a 5 star level! To everyone at Denver Metal Recycling, you are an amazing customer and we have valued and continue to value your partnership for years to come!
Shon Duty

Replied 18/12/2017
belinda

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Has a lot of great features

Its easy to train people on scrapright

Pros

It takes pictures of products, customers getting paid, place to store information.

Cons

The receivables is very time consuming. When your receiving payment from one company, I could have 15 bill of ladings on one check, you have to go into each bill of lading, correct the price, put the amount paid, check number. it would be nice to have the option to select multiple bill of ladings to one check payment entry.
container tracking has a lot of issues, we allocate one, then pick it up, bring it back, make it available, then when it is shipped out again, allocate it again. it would be nice if the software worked to see how much and often that container was used, I notice it doesn't track it properly
also the businesses, it would be nice to have different locations that are able to put on container tracking, it only wants to use what you have for the check, which is not good for tracking.
there are drivers that I can't remove from the container tracking, due to a change that was made, so their names are there and they don't work here anymore.
Any updates, maybe letting the customer know what changes were made, so you know what to expect, more tutorials so people learn more about scrapright. there is a seller/car image button, not sure what its for ?

Response from ScrapRight Software

Belinda - thank you so much for taking time to Review ScrapRight! The constructive feedback really means the world to us and really helps us to be a better company. I will be asking Derek to reach out to you on two topics 1. You can settle multiple BOL on one check, so he will show you how. 2. To review the new release on Assett management and tracking and make your life wonderfully easier with all the new features and fixes!! Please tell Chris Bates how much we appreciate your business and feedback as well!

Replied 20/11/2018

Top ScrapRight Alternatives

Iridium Retail Manager

Motion360

BatchMaster ERP

Mary

Reviewed on 04/10/2019

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

Pros

Very efficient for paying out our Scrap customers.

Cons

Does not input Accounts Payable into our QuickBooks. Disconnects from our QuickBooks regularly. The license scanner doesn't always work. The Inventory is slow.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Mary, I am sorry to hear about the issues you are facing with quick books, we certainly feel your frustration with intuit and quickbooks, a very finicky product!
Do you have the quickbooks connectivity trouble shooting guide that we produced last year? You can get this on your dashboard or from support. I can guarantee you that when these steps are followed every time, your ongoing issue with quickbooks remaining connected & syncing will go away!
Regarding the inventory, we have a fix for the slowness you are seeing and Brandon will get you on the schedule for an update! Lastly the drivers license scanner, we have been seeing some intermittent issues with connectivity and we have some exciting changes coming very soon for Drivers License, signature pad and fingerprint pads!! Stay tuned!!
If for some reason these issues are different that quickbooks remaining connected, please feel free to give me a call! Shon Duty 877-897-6422

Replied 09/10/2019
Scot
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 18/12/2017

Overall, it does the job. It does "glitch" once in a while, but refreshing usually fixes it,

Pros

We only use Scrapright to generate outbound loads. It's good to get the BOL, Packing List, and photo of the pallet all at once. The photos have saved us on a few pallets.

Cons

I would like the software to be able to include the prices of the individual pallets we send out. It seems like we should be able to put our material prices/lb. into the system and have the value calculated by the weight of the material, and be able to print this out as well. Didn't get a satisfactory answer about this from tech support. It would save us a big step and allow us to actually us this software for other tasks around here.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Hey Scot

I saw your review on Capterra, thank you for taking time to provide us with valuable feedback!
Yes your software does all of the things that you want / need it to do!

Please get with us after the holidays and allow us to show you want you need to know to use it to its fullest extent!

Replied 27/12/2017
Angela
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 08/07/2020

Great software

We have been using this software since since Shon started and still today are using it .

Pros

It’s easy to use , easy to learn , and always improving it

Cons

Difficult combining 3 yards to one main server

Response from ScrapRight Software

Angela
Thank you so much for the solid feedback from one of our longest and first customers!! We appreciate you!

Replied 10/07/2020
pat
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 25/04/2019

Scrap Right is the Right Choice

We have enjoyed excellent service for five years now. They are always willing to improve there product to keep current with technology and industry trends. I look forward to running Scrap Right in all of our future location!

Pros

The ScrapRight Software is the easy to use. Customers are in and out quickly with complete transparency. We can also recall old purchases with easy. This system has paid for its self over and over again! I have it in use at both of my yards and if ever we have a problem tech support is always available to assist.

Cons

Scrap Right is real good about addressing issues and making changes to better fit your needs.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Pat, thank you for you very kind review! We appreciate partnering with you, your companies & your employees! And we look forward to being there with you as you grow into your new locations!

Replied 29/04/2019
Stephen

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Extremely happy with my decision to purchase ScrapRight's software program.

Complete Quick Books Accounting integration and full compliance with Arizona State Metal Theft Laws.

Pros

Ease of use and technical support. My staff and I were proficient with the software within 24 hours of installation. Their installation team were extremely professional, helpful as well as patient answering all of questions.

Cons

Weekend support, though available, is a little bit slower, but available. It would be nice if there were more report options, but short of that, We have zero complaints!

Response from ScrapRight Software

Stephen, really appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to review us! Quick question regarding reports for you, have you seen the Admin Ticket Review? Are you using it? as it can create just about any report you would ever need! Call me to schedule a time to see that in action if you haven't already!

Replied 18/12/2017
Steven
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

using since 2011 very happy

it helps us earn our living and establish our business as the top recycling company in the area

Pros

ease of use. the icons are straightforward and easy to use. when you need to start a new ticket it is very simple and the software is easy to train someone on.

Cons

overall speed can vary at times. meaning sometimes it takes far too long for the software to complete keystrokes.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Steve, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule and reviewing ScrapRight, we appreciate it much more than you will ever know!
I read your concern about slow keystrokes, we have seen this in the past with applications using MS SQL Server and we have a few settings modifications that should eliminate this issue for you. If you ever see this again please call in to 877-897-6422 x4 between 7am M-F and 8a-4p Sat and we will get you fixed up!
Merry Christmas!

Replied 17/12/2017
Natalie

Reviewed on 02/01/2018

For the most part, scrap rite is an excellent software that allows our business to flow...

Pros

I like how scrap rite allows you to access each customer's record quick and efficiently, allows us to print and download report history, and captures pictures of the material and person selling it.

Cons

What I like least about scrap rite is the photo I.D. scanner, and how it won't work at all sometimes or won't grab the information correctly. Severely slows down our quick process here at times.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Good morning Natalie!
Thank you for your review of ScrapRight, it is reviews like this that help us to be a better company. Quick question, have you seen the HelpDesk FAQ regarding your DL Scanner? Do you use those steps when facing an issue? We often recommend to users with certain computer types to start the day with these steps. You can go to the Dashboard in your software, then on the left hand side go to the HelpDesk, then underneath the header is FAQ and you will see the article Troubleshooting your Comboscan Driver's License scanner. If you have already been following these and it seems that they do not help, please call me direct on my cell or in the office and I will try to work on a resolution with you! Always know that you can call me if you feel you aren't getting 5 star service! Shon Duty

Replied 03/01/2018
Kevin
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 27/12/2017

Good for compliance

Compliance with state scrap purchasing laws. Photo record of scrap purchases

Pros

Keeps us compliant with state scrap purchasing laws requiring photos of material and seller, scanned drivers licenses, etc.

Cons

Supplier does not communicate well regarding requested changes or modifications of software. For example, we requested a "list all" button for a part of the program. We were told that it was a good idea and that the change would be made. But, after a while, we gave up waiting.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Kevin, Thank you for taking my call and allowing us to help you with the issues you are experiencing! I am confident that we will clear all of these for you with a little working together! Please never hesitate to call or email me direct! Shon Duty

Replied 28/12/2017
Mike
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

ScrapRight review

Overall, Scrapright does what it advertises. The new updates has made it much better and shows that the company is working to improve the software.

Pros

The software team has come a long way. They have implemented quite a few things that have made the program more user friendly. If learned correctly, the program does do a great job in assisting in your business. Rep is extremely helpful and patient.

Cons

The learning curve is tremendous and tech support is very particular about questions. If your call is about X, don't ask about Y.

Response from ScrapRight Software

We have come a long way with your input and your help! Your team has been stellar to work with and your feedback invaluable! Mike, thank you for the kind words!

Replied 14/10/2019
Tom
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 03/02/2018

I have been working with the support staff now for over 2 years and have always had Great...

It helps with daily business activities/tracking

Pros

Being able to access it from anywhere at anytime. You can be on vacation and adjust pricing or pull up a report during a meeting.

Cons

The price.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Tom, thank you for taking time out of your day to review ScrapRight! You will never know how much it means for us to have honest and real reviews of our software. Some of our competitors have fake ones! Go figure! Anyway, you are helping others to make their decision when searching for the right company and we appreciate the help!
Shon

Replied 28/05/2018
Dan

Reviewed on 25/01/2018

System is very reliable and when issues come up tech support is awesome, patient and understand...

Pros

Compliance and accuracy are key factors to operate successfully in the scrap indusrty ScrapRight ensures both. Priceless

Cons

Cameras can be fickle needing cables to be moved and restarting but that may be our environment being outdoors

Response from ScrapRight Software

Dan, thank you for taking the time to review us! This is a huge help to prospective customers in helping them make an informed decision and also helps to make us a better company! If we can help with the cameras please let us know!

Replied 02/02/2018
Samantha

Reviewed on 12/02/2020

Great Software

Pros

This software makes running our business easy! We love everything about it! The customer service is also amazing!

Cons

We occasionally run into small bumps. Where we need to get assistance from the customer service team to help us out but the customer service is amazing! So fast and so pleasant to work with!

Brenda

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Everything is ok - EXCEPT THE VIN # moving over to nmvitis - still doesn't work - no word yet!

Pros

Easy to use - user friendly on most applications - except for the NMVITIS -
Reports are a lot easier to run than our previous software

Cons

Having problems with ADD/NMVITIS - still no answers as to why we cannot use this feature - have not been contacted in weeks to find a solution

Response from ScrapRight Software

Brenda, thank you so much for taking time out of your day to review us! Our apologies on the NMVTIS changes with the upload! We have just completed the new update with the fixes for this and support is currently testing, please expect to be updated within the next week and your upload to work perfectly! So sorry that it took a little longer than expected to complete! Please let us know if you ever need any help and we will be here for you!

DAVID

Reviewed on 18/12/2017

NO ISSUES

Pros

The software is easy to use and anyone with just a little bit of computer experience can learn how to use the program. It is easy to add or remove commodities codes and names.

Response from ScrapRight Software

David, your review means the world! If there is anything we can ever do for you, never hesitate to call or email! Merry Christmas!

Replied 20/12/2017

Reviewed on 22/12/2017

A software program that could go from good to great with some simple tweaks

Pros

It has made working at the scrap yard much easier. We have simplified many processes and no longer have to use physical tickets when dealing with customers so this can make things much faster - when the system is working properly.

Cons

There are small issues that need to be tweaked, the system often has issues that are frustrating and end up costing time. Simple issues such as failure to add tax and overlapping lines on invoices took over a month to fix. I have had the opportunity to use this software for several months on a scrap yard scale and now in an office and while it is getting better, I find I have to go back and check over everything to ensure that mistakes have not been made within the program. Errors have been made where payments were issued to customers erroneously.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Good afternoon, I don't have your contact info so I cannot reply directly back to you. But, I do think, in most cases we see a little extra training to round out the rough edges helps someone who just doesn't know what they don't know. I certainly have found myself in this situation many times. Please call us after the holidays and allow us to answer some questions and provide some minor training tweaks to help you get the most out of ScrapRight Software! Thanks for taking time to review us! After the training maybe you will modify this to a better score?

Replied 27/12/2017
Smokey

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Streamline

Overall I like it.

Pros

All functions from data input to some reports.

Cons

BOL's we need to fix and some new reporting does not do correct date ranges.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Smokey
Thank you so much for filling out a survey! We look forward to many years of partnership with Interwest! Can I ask you to get with me to see how we can turn that frown upside down! I mean the two stars for customer support, this is concerning to me but you do not mention in the review. Please feel free to get with me when you can, Shon Duty 877-897-6422

Replied 17/10/2019
chris
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Works great, does what we need

Pros

Easy enough to setup, and customer support is a breeze. Liked the way the software interface looks as well.

Cons

Sometimes have devices disconnect or need reconfiguring, otherwise seems like a solid platform software.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Chris, thank you for taking time and providing this review and feedback for us! Please note that when it comes any hardware connection issues we do provide FAQ & Videos on the Helpdesk which can be found on your dashboard! If you ever need us to hep with those connection issues we are here for you 7am to 7pm M-F and 8am-4pm on Saturdays at 877-897-6422 Option 4

Beverly

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Scrap Right makes my job easier.

Pros

I like being able to see my customer's history easily. It makes it easy and quick to assist law enforcement. The pictures are good quality too.

Cons

If you don't type something just right in the search, it may not come up. Missing an apostrophe or a comma could exclude what you're looking for from you results

Response from ScrapRight Software

Beverly, thank you so much for reviewing us! It means the world. If you ever have a feature question let us know we would be glad to show you where and how to use it!

Kristi

Reviewed on 19/06/2018

Very professional in everyway possible!

Pros

The things that impressed me the most was the dedication and time that was put in. I love the software, it was an easy transition from our old. The staff and their patience with us is a definite pro. They bent over backward to make sure that everything was what we expected it to be. Can't say enough about this company. they work their hardest to make their software is the ABSOLUTE BEST there is. Hands down the only way to go if your in recycling.

Cons

I can't complain...change is never easy, but once you get it all set up for your type of business, I promise your going to love the software. Just be patient and let them know of any issues that need to be address and they will fix them.

Eric

Reviewed on 25/01/2018

Scrapright has been well worth the investment for my business on a daily basis.

Pros

Interface is great for processing customer tickets and it's real easy for my employees to learn how to use. Also , I didnt realize at first how much information you can pull out from running all the various reports on the inventory end, being able to track how much copper, brass and wire I sold at the end of each month or quarterly is awesome.

Cons

There are only some real minor tweaks that I would like to see that would be specific to my business. It would be nice to have your only logo print on the receipts.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Eric, thank you for taking the time to review us!

Replied 02/02/2018

Reviewed on 19/06/2020

LOVE IT!

Pros

We really loved the pro attitudes and ability of the installation team! They came out and
installed everything and trained our team in two days with time left over to spare! Love
those broÕs PRO great team to work with!

Cons

If I had to describe a con, I would simply say we haven't found any yet, this software transition and all of our experiences have been amazing! We highly recommend this company in every way. We even told the company that we would be a place that other yards could stop and see it in action! Amazing company, amazing people and amazing support!

JENNIFER

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

QUICK RESPONSE FOR SUPPORT

Pros

IT IS VERY EASY TO LEARN TO USE AND IM NOT GOOD ON COMPUTERS.I LIKE THE FACT THAT WE HAVE PHONE SUPPORT WHEN NEEDED.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Jennifer, We are so glad to have your review listed here! Thank you for filling it out! Merry Christmas!

Replied 21/12/2017