ScrapRight Reviews

About ScrapRight

ScrapRight is an inventory control software designed to help businesses create sales contracts, manage the cost of materials, handle stocks and perform shipments. The platform enables managers to ensure compliance with government...

Browse ScrapRight Reviews

Randa
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 21/02/2020

Great way to stay organized

I can't imagine running our business without Scrapright. It's made daily business so much easier. The customer service is excellent. Anytime I have a question or problem they respond within the hour and have a solution for me.

Pros

It prevents a lot of mistakes to happen from human error. It saves us time by generating a ticket and doing the math that by the time the customer comes to the window they are already paid and taken care of. I like how you can make the program to fit your needs as far as different commodities and prices for specific customers.

Cons

Using the Ipad on the road. You have to be connected to wifi in order to log in. Then when you go on the road and try to use the printer it only prints "weight" ticket. Sometimes when you don't have wifi the ticket gets lost. I understand the ticket isn't connected remotely and it's supposed to sync when you hit wifi, it doesn't on occasion.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Good morning Randa! Thank you for the amazing review! Appreciate it more than you know!
Regarding the iPad, you can now login remotely without Wifi and without an iPad that is connected to the internet. This would of course eliminate the possibility of losing a ticket as well. I asked Derek to give you a shout on how to make this happen for you ASAP!
If, after that call, it resolves your cons and you want to update your review, I believe Capterra makes a way for that!

Replied 24/02/2020
Alex

Reviewed on 01/04/2021

Help getting problems fixed

overall has been good been a few bumps in the road but always been able to sort it out

Pros

The software is easy to use has lots of features that fit our needs

Cons

There are really no cons I can think about, about the software itself. My real concern is when you need help
everything is done through email and chat lines and that does work if you are comfortable with that type of communication. I prefer to pick up a phone and talk to someone.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Technical support has been very good to us and for our company. We appreciate her help, dedication, and quick response even though the email/chat line.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Alex, thank you for the amazing review! I appreciate the candid & honest feedback more than you know. I have spent some time today with the Support Engineers and reminded them that not everyone likes to txt & chat like you do and reminded them that our policy is to pick up the phone and call 100% of the time! Thank you for your patience with us! We appreciate your long time business with ScrapRight and all of the referrals you have sent as well!

Replied 07/04/2021
ELIZABETH

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Senior Buyer

for the price I wish the program did more. I also wish that when you call tech support to fix a problem it could be done right then, that is when the customer is here-loss of customers

Pros

It makes filing reports easy. would be better if when it messes up you could fix problems to resubmit the reports. example if license was expired be able to update after the transaction.

Cons

can not fix problems. we are just stuck. the program is slow. the program is redundant, it does not do everything we need to be compliant. ie cash cards the program forces us to type and retype customer info to stay complaint.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Elizabeth, we are so sorry for your experience with https://iscrapright.com/, I believe we shared with you early on, all of the features you are looking for are available at https://scrapright.com/ and we would love the opportunity to assist you in upgrading your account. We are hoping that an upgrade would also turn that frown upside down and help get you to 5 Stars!! That's our goal! If not know that we are working on improving your experience with iScrapRight every day and we have some exciting things in the pipeline for you! Shon Duty 877-897-6422

Replied 17/10/2019

Top ScrapRight Alternatives

Iridium Retail Manager

Motion360

Angela
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 08/07/2020

Great software

We have been using this software since since Shon started and still today are using it .

Pros

It’s easy to use , easy to learn , and always improving it

Cons

Difficult combining 3 yards to one main server

Response from ScrapRight Software

Angela
Thank you so much for the solid feedback from one of our longest and first customers!! We appreciate you!

Replied 10/07/2020
pat
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 25/04/2019

Scrap Right is the Right Choice

We have enjoyed excellent service for five years now. They are always willing to improve there product to keep current with technology and industry trends. I look forward to running Scrap Right in all of our future location!

Pros

The ScrapRight Software is the easy to use. Customers are in and out quickly with complete transparency. We can also recall old purchases with easy. This system has paid for its self over and over again! I have it in use at both of my yards and if ever we have a problem tech support is always available to assist.

Cons

Scrap Right is real good about addressing issues and making changes to better fit your needs.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Pat, thank you for you very kind review! We appreciate partnering with you, your companies & your employees! And we look forward to being there with you as you grow into your new locations!

Replied 29/04/2019
Jim

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

Scrap Right Support

Pros

The support staff for techical issues does a great joband quickly solves problems

Cons

No it meets our needs for our Metal Recycling business

Response from ScrapRight Software

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with our team, Jim! We work hard to provide our customers with the best possible service, and it means a lot to us to hear that you're satisfied. Thank you for taking the time to let us know, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Replied 20/10/2023
Joshua

Reviewed on 06/11/2023

Scrapright

Never had any issues with the Scrapright team they are always prompt with their response when you need help and quick to get it fixed

Pros

Easy to use as well as easy to navigate and teach to new employees

Cons

I would say theres just too many counterparts for harwars with the set up but as long as you know how it all relays and works its good

Joe
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 25/05/2023

I scrap right app

Andrew in tech service help me out to two or three times I needed him and all of those years

Pros

There was no training need it. You just picked it up and started using it.

Cons

It’s hooked to the Internet, so that’s one of those things you’re at the mercy of

Keerthi
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 11/10/2023

Technical Support

Pros

Scrapright Technical Support is fantastic. [sensitive content hidden] did a wonderful job solving the issue we had. She was on top of things, and explained to me what was going on and how to fi x it.

Cons

None, it's a good reliable software. Works well.

• Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 13/05/2019

New approach needed

Pros

Good POS system for the price and run specials.

Cons

Doesn't interface well with Quickbooks, and staff isn't helpful navigating the pitfalls of your product.

Response from ScrapRight Software

With no name I have to make an assumption that you are an iScrapRight subscriber? Our iScrapRight product is not intended to integrate with QuickBooks, nor will this be an offering in the future on this product. If you would like a discounted price on upgrading to our flagship product ScrapRight which does including integration to QuickBooks I would like to offer that to you.
Also, iScrapRight includes chat support with our Tier One team but our Tier One and Tier Two support techs are available to our ScrapRight customers from 7am to 7pm EST M-F and Saturday's from 8am - 4pm EST via phone, chat and help desk tickets.
Again, my main message here is please feel free to call me directly with concerns and for any help you may feel you are not receiving. My door is always open!
Shon Duty, President, 877-897-6422 x1001

Replied 20/06/2019
Victor

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Happy with our purchase, customer service really makes the package.

Customer support, we were having a hard time with our previous company.

Pros

Ease of use, but I like the service availability and quick response. We depend on Scrapright for our daily operation if it goes down we cannot function effectively.

Cons

Sometimes it locks up. Some of the admin functions are time consuming. It would be nice to change all prices then hit save rather than having to change 1 at a time.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Victor, thank you for the kind words and the honest review of ScrapRight. We appreciate this more than you know! Wanted to follow up on price updating, have you seen the ability to update pricing from the grid? This eliminates the one at a time price update. Please feel free to give me a call at anytime and I can show you this and a few other tips and tricks that can speed up your day! 877-897-6422

Replied 18/12/2017
Jacob

Reviewed on 18/12/2017

I've had scrap right for many years now. Durability is excellent. Been easy to use.

Streamlined inventory cost and analysis.

Pros

It is user friendly once you understand the system. Provides inventory and record keeping details. That enables me to maintain accurate cost analysis as well as keeping historical analysis.

Cons

At times the system runs slow. Other times part of the system just stops functioning and needs to reboot.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Jacob, thank you for taking out time of a crazy schedule to give us a 10 out of 10 recommendation! We appreciate it more than you can know! Regarding the slow or reboot, just a note, you have been with us I believe for 6 or 7 years, I am pretty confident that we could eliminate these issues altogether with a newer better up to date server that would also come with a 3yr NBD Onsite Warranty. Call me for options!

Replied 20/12/2017
Jessica

Reviewed on 08/11/2022

Scrap King and AMR

We love the weighing portion of this software, overall happy with it, but would like better support on some of the other issues

Pros

The weighing portion is super easy to use, AP and AP ticket review are utilized all the time

Cons

Inventory portion of this program is not user friendly, to many tabs to click back and forth from, having to convert to bol and then again to an invoice is repetitive also trying to correct a bol that is already converted to invoice is difficult. Tickets that are converted to a bol that do not have a tare weight freeze in the system and require IT to fix. We are not to happy with the reports offered either.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Hi Jessica. I am so glad that you are happy with our ease of use and quality of our software, we work really hard at delivering the best always! Can you give me any additional information regarding the support department and the rating you assigned to them? We are building the worlds best support department and need as much feedback as we can get.
Regarding Inventory, I really appreciate your frank and candid feedback and take it to heart. I have spoken to Design and Development as well as to the Training department and we have a few ideas. I have asked Randy to give you a call and discuss. Thank you again!

Replied 09/11/2022
Bob
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 08/07/2022

Easy transition- great support

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his team are very good at what they do and their attention to customer needs is top notch. Good customer service is hard to find and they sure do deliver on that!

Pros

Our team has embraces the transition to ScrapRight very well considering we were using a different software system for 12 years. The set up and integration was very smooth with the onsite help and the ability to integrate existing hardware kept costs and disruptions low. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his team are dedicated to make sure this is a good fit and help resolve any issues right away.

Cons

We are a little anxious about the system being completely cloud based. So far it seems to be working well but Internet outages are inevitable and we are bracing ourselves for how that will work.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Bob, thank you for taking the time to write this well thought out review. Your review encompasses what it means to ScrapRight! Hey, on the note of a potential or inevitable internet outtage, make sure to go to your dashboard bottom center and read the blog regarding Randy's recommendations. This is all about plan b, what do I do in the event of… I think
If you read this and follow it you will no longer be concerned about the internet!
Thanks again!

Replied 06/11/2022
Kevin

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Scrapright Software has been a blessing beyond words. It has helped me to begin to expand.

I have been able to expand my business, and ability to service others.

Pros

The software is easy to understand and use. It helped me to be able to track easily what was purchased, sold, the profit, and what remained in storage. Without this software, I definitely would not have made it through the rough times when scrap prices reached its recent low point. Instead, I have been able to expand.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Kevin! Merry Christmas my friend, thank you so much for taking time out of your day to review us! Please let me know if there is anything you ever need help with, you know I am here for you!

Replied 15/12/2017
Mike
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

ScrapRight review

Overall, Scrapright does what it advertises. The new updates has made it much better and shows that the company is working to improve the software.

Pros

The software team has come a long way. They have implemented quite a few things that have made the program more user friendly. If learned correctly, the program does do a great job in assisting in your business. Rep is extremely helpful and patient.

Cons

The learning curve is tremendous and tech support is very particular about questions. If your call is about X, don't ask about Y.

Response from ScrapRight Software

We have come a long way with your input and your help! Your team has been stellar to work with and your feedback invaluable! Mike, thank you for the kind words!

Replied 14/10/2019
Al

Reviewed on 22/08/2023

Camera Install

In this instance, getting our scale camera to work/talk to Scrapright, [sensitive content hidden] was phenomenal. Over the period of two days that it took, due to wiring issues at our end, she was able to get our camera up and running while talking me through was wire had to be installed where.

Pros

Ability to keep track on individual sales from customers.

Cons

None that I can think of. Product performs exceptionally for my needs.

Chad
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 17/03/2023

Good Service

Customer service is very good. [sensitive content hidden] is great.

Pros

Ease of function. I am done with this survey.

Cons

Continued problems with some of the weights and frayed out screens.

Richard
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 02/11/2022

review

okay

Pros

easy to use , easy to move from one screen to the next

Cons

does always come through correctly when sending to the state

Response from ScrapRight Software

Richard, thank you so much for your direct and honest review and thank you for the information on Texas DPS. I can tell you that upon reading this review I have spoken to my development and design team and we are addressing the issue and struggles right now and should have something back to you shortly looking to take your threes and make them fives we want to make you a raving fan of ScrapRight. Let me know if there's anything else that we can do to make you a raving fan.

Replied 09/11/2022
Alex

Reviewed on 01/02/2018

Team have been very helpful over the years I have had Scrap Rite.

With ATM attached it gives me piece of mind

Pros

ease of use!!! Easy installation . good service . Anybody can learn how to use it for new employees

Response from ScrapRight Software

Lex, thank you for taking the time to review us!
This is a huge help to prospective customers in helping them make an informed decision and also helps to make us a better company! Also, when you are ready to talk QuickBooks integration give us a call and we will get you set up!

Replied 02/02/2018
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Good Software Solution for small to medium businesses

Great support team at ScrapRight, however, there is no support outside of their business hours.

Pros

Software is easy to use and interface is simple and friendly, it must be since where it is used, the users are not tech-savvy. The software is updated regularly by the ScrapRight team.

Cons

Requires regular maintenance, such as restarting certain services. The automated scripts and maintenance tasks are not doing sufficient job. I am sure its a configuration/setup thing that can be easily resolved.

Reviewed on 18/12/2017

Very easy to Navigate

Tracking of inventory made our life a lot easier

Pros

Tracking of inventory is awesome.
Being able to see what's in Finished goods and what's in the whip.

Cons

Looking up material via inventory seems like it could be made simpler. Scrap right uses numbers but yet you can't look material up by number code

Matt

Reviewed on 07/12/2018

A+ Support Team

ScrapRight's inventory solution has been great for keeping track of stock and shipping material is now a breeze.

Pros

Ease of use. Training time is reduced as ScrapRight is friendly to individuals with limited computer experience.

Cons

I would like to see more reporting options. ScrapRight provides a variety of great reports, but deep diving into the business is limited and inconsistent.

chris
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Works great, does what we need

Pros

Easy enough to setup, and customer support is a breeze. Liked the way the software interface looks as well.

Cons

Sometimes have devices disconnect or need reconfiguring, otherwise seems like a solid platform software.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Chris, thank you for taking time and providing this review and feedback for us! Please note that when it comes any hardware connection issues we do provide FAQ & Videos on the Helpdesk which can be found on your dashboard! If you ever need us to hep with those connection issues we are here for you 7am to 7pm M-F and 8am-4pm on Saturdays at 877-897-6422 Option 4

Replied 15/12/2017
Nick
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 03/11/2022

Great product for our small scrap business

Pros

The ease of use! I can have someone trained to use this program within an hour!

Cons

I wish that it would work on an iPhone.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Nick! Thank you for this amazing review! I will pass your request about an iPhone app onto the new features team! Really appreciate you taking the time to review us!

Replied 06/11/2022