About EZOfficeInventory

EZOfficeInventory is a dynamic asset and maintenance management solution tailored for companies of all sizes. The cloud-based software works as you do and is accessible from anywhere and at any time. Track items across...

Browse EZOfficeInventory Reviews

1,291 of 1,291 reviews
Iliana
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

Changing the Game

EZ Office has allowed us to track our spending, use, and overall asset inventory on a whole new level. It gives us a centralized place to have old designs, quantities and use history stored. Our systems, procedures, and product has been able to evolve and live on past individuals with the help of EZ Office. Unless I'm mistaken, the biggest feature that's missing is simply the ability to purchase EZ for a company and then add different departments/teams. That would be wonderful for the different facets of a university and all that we collectively use in terms of materials and promotional items.

Pros

-Single sign on capability
-Non sign-in users
-Multiple locations for inventory
-Scanner integration
-Label maker template

Cons

-It can be a little hard to get lost in the advanced setting if you're not using many features.
-The inability to turn certain features/fields off
-Aesthetics on the user interface
-The lack of white papers/webinars that offer live and up to date case studies or example uses
-The mobile app isn't entirely user friendly and in some ways does not mirror the desktop version.

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Hi Iliana,

Thank you for taking the time to review EZOfficeInventory.

- We are in the process of updating our UI/UX which will improve Aesthetics like you said.
- We have number of whitepapers/case studies that you can read. You can find them here
(https://faq.ezofficeinventory.com/white-papers/)
(https://www.ezofficeinventory.com/case-studies) moreover we are also initiating webinars, so we will keep you posted.
- I have forwarded your feedback regarding our mobile app and its UI/UX to our product team.

Replied 07/05/2019
Justin
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 11/01/2023

Great product for our company's needs.

Pros

It makes it very easy to sign equipment out and let other employees know who has is and what customer site they are at with it.

Cons

I think a Push Notification system could be really beneficial for users.

Ashlee
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 15/07/2020

As a new user who has never used similar software, I have many criticisms

Pros

It is very helpful to be able to look up an asset by serial number, asset id, comments, etc.

Cons

I find it difficult to process multiple assets at once. For example, when printing tags if the batch is not easily filtered it is difficult to get everything on one download. If I want to print various tags that have nothing in common to filter by then I will have to print each one individually. It has created a situation where a missed asset number will just be abandoned and left in the retired state indefinitely. The function of check in and out has also been abandoned by my company due to the limits on members that can be added as well as the difficulty of keeping up with who should be added or deleted. It has made more sense to note in the comments who has checked out an asset because its far easier to implement and manage. Another note, we have assets that are IT related and non-IT related. It would be very helpful to be able to separate these into groups that may be associated with the admin account related to each department.

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Hello Ashlee. Thank you for taking out the time to provide us detailed feedback. You can easily divide your IT and non IT assets on the basis of different groups and locations - the custom roles feature allows you to limit users to only their assigned groups which will in turn restrict non IT members from viewing your IT assets. There are multiple ways to pick assets from different pages but we would like to know more details as to how you are currently using it. We are currently evaluating checkouts against multiple people and we'd love to get your insights on it. We would like you to drop us an email at [email protected] and your assigned solutions consultant will set up a call with you to configure your account in a way that you don't have to face these troubles again.

Replied 04/08/2020

Top EZOfficeInventory Alternatives

Elena
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 03/11/2022

Simple solution to help track assests

This is a simplified program, great for easy set up. We unfortunately needed a different software program that could be used in the field, have GPS and could provide the tags and trackers. Great customer service, and the price is excellent for what it is.

Pros

Great customer service, affordable, and fairly easy to use.

Cons

Needs more tracking features, and the ability to integrate other software such as GPS

Tenna

Did not choose EZO
Robert
  • Industry: Semiconductors

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

EZOffice on Asset and Inventory Tracking

Pros

Ease of uploading assets and inventory info thru excel.

Cons

Currently our setup is not standardized, so each team are in charge of adding columns, sometimes these vary.

Florin
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 19/01/2023

Great Software. Definitely would be recommend it..

Pros

Custom fields are really helpful in integration with business.User friendly interface.

Cons

I think the mobile app will be more interactive by implementing push notifications to work with email notifications.Also an event list on the app will be very useful.

Christina

Reviewed on 28/12/2022

Inventory Management

Pros

I like the ability to use it from my phone to scan and track items as I usually use this when I'm away from my computer.

Cons

Very time intensive entering items in. I wish you could do multiple items on one barcode.

Nathan
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 04/01/2023

Great for asset tracking and item inventory tracking

The ability to easily check out and track our devices to students is excellent!

Pros

Asset tracking, barcode scanner, inventory control

Cons

Integration was not difficult for my business, easy to use, no complaints

Tenzin

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

EZ office review

Pros

I like the ease of access to view and keep track of your assets

Cons

The only thing that I would change is an ability to do automated repeated checkouts

Govind

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

Well maintaned IT management tool.

Pros

Well maintaned IT management tool. Which fulfill all your need.

Cons

Filterwise it is less appropiate to UI to sense it.

Joel

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

My Take on EZOfficeInventory for Colleges

I was the staff member who implemented and set up this system for our college and I work on the team that uses this software everyday. We have about 200 assets in our system and over 5000 users. We use this system to manage reservations and loans of tech hardware such as speaker systems and cameras. Overall the system has worked well for our needs but I can tell that is is not optimized for this use case. We love the customer support and the flexibility of this software.

Pros

For our use case the most valuable feature is definitely the ability to pull user information from our existing LDAP system so we never have to worry about creating user profiles or authentication. We also love the "carts" module which saves us time when checking out multiple assets to the same student/staff member.

Cons

It is frustrating that carts is not set up as part of the core of the software and is instead an add-on. This means certain features like sending alerts based on cart actions or seeing cart reservations along side single item reservations. I feel this is likely due to the fact that this system is designed for companies to manage their assets among staff, but we are implementing it as a service/customer lending system sort of like a library for tech hardware.

Cheqroom

Reasons for Choosing EZOfficeInventory

our old software was incredibly slow and they went out of business.

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory

Best value for the money compared to other products considered.
Aldo

Reviewed on 18/10/2019

Review from EZOffice Inventory

my experience with EZOffice is excellent, comfortable and easy, can be used without experience in software to inventory

Pros

I like this software because is easy to administer and bring me reports complete also I can be tracking devices history

Cons

What I didn't like is the graphic interface, I think I could improve

Odoo and Zoho Inventory

Reasons for Choosing EZOfficeInventory

because this software has more tools and is more intuitive

cost and benefits

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Hello Aldo,

We appreciate your valuable feedback and are extremely glad you liked EZOfficeInventory's reporting feature. Currently, we are in the process of upgrading our UI/UX design that will hopefully enhance your user experience. Stay tuned for updates, and feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any queries in the future.

Replied 03/12/2019
Matthew
  • Industry: Military

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Made the switch a breeze

The software we were using before the switch was incredibly complicated, and while they advertised being able to customize, it was very minimal. The software took too long to do anything, and there was so much back and forth between screens within the software. With EZOffice, I can edit pretty much anything from one single screen, I can do it in bulk also if I need to change a lot of items.

Pros

I love that while the user is able to completely customize it, the software itself is incredibly simple to use. The fact that you are allowed to create your own line items and adjust them as needed has been an amazing feature for me. Also, when I went to import our inventory from the software we had been using, I was really anticipating having to go in and adjust anything that didn't match up. But EZOffice was smart enough to realize this would probably be an issue, so when I imported, any field from the previous software that did not match a field in EZOffice was flagged, and I was given the opportunity to choose what I wanted that field to be named.

Cons

I have honestly had no bad experiences with EZOffice

George
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 09/09/2020

Good for your first inventory system and money!

The implementation phase was a complete disaster. I was never offered the option to have EZ do the implementation and planning. The phrase: The system is smart and will teach you was used quite often. While the system in somewhat intuitive the initial set up should be done by EZ to show a brand new user its capabilities. Once I got in touch with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], everything improved. My first support person was from Asia, making her available hours very inconvenient and have to wait 24+ hrs for a response. We are still working on getting a few glitches out and customizing how we want to system to work for us.

Pros

Easiness of use, unlimited users for lower cost than other softwares.

Cons

Some of the functionalities are limited or have to be built. Not being able to customize based on needs.

QR Inventory, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and Flowtrac

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory

It seemed pretty easy to use during the presentation and the low entry cost into a inventory software that we currently didnt have.
Dean

Reviewed on 07/07/2021

It's good to know what we have and where it is !!

Although not very cheap we decided to have the full version after using the trial, the cost could be offset by one item not getting lost or several not being abused as they could be

Pros

We really like knowing where items are, where they have been, and who has used them, it not only reduces losses but we also believe it reduces abuse of items as staff know they have to return an item and need to return it in good condition

Cons

Sometimes the capture of the barcode is difficult but that could be user error, overcome by manual searching

Construction Tool Tracking System

Reasons for Switching to EZOfficeInventory

We prefered the feel of it and took a vote in the office, it was a clear winner for our needs

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Hi Dean, thank you for your kind review. We are glad to know EZOfficeInventory is working well for you. Regarding the barcode scanning issue, a Solutions Consultant will reach out to you to figure out what is causing that.

Replied 15/07/2021
james

Reviewed on 04/09/2019

Easiest Software I have used to track assets

I am a massive advocate for this system. I inherited the software at my previous company and when I moved companies I made sure I introduced it we started off with 30 assets and are now looking to increase to over 2000. I'm sure there are more complex systems out there for the nicjhe asset tracking but as an everyday tracking software for small or large asset list I would choose this software over the others I trailled on the market.,

Pros

It user friendly customisations options are really key to the success of its use within our company. We are able to add and custom fields for certain product groups to make the software suit various items we have from equipment calibration dates with automatic reminders of expiry to job numbers consumables are used on and charged to. Four different departments use the software to track consumables, high value stock items, plant and test equipment, with the separate views we can all work simultaneously on the same account without affecting each others assets. For the price you cant go wrong if you are looking to track assets in an office, warehouse or construction site environment.

Cons

Took us a while to get the reporting function finalised so that we could get the required output but with some trial and error and a few customer service calls it now does what we need.

Matthew
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 15/03/2017

100 times better than we expected

We researched an inventory system to migrate to a few years ago and we came across EZOfficeInventory. We determined it looked like the best option and it had one of the best prices. Not only have we thoroughly enjoyed everything about EZOfficeInventory since the migration, but since we have the highest tier subscription plan, we can request any new feature that we want them to integrate for us and we have done that several times already. Each time we request something new they always make it happen for us so we have been pleased with every request we have made. One of the coolest integrations that EZOfficeInventory has is that it integrates directly with Zendesk which is what we use already for our help desk ticketing system. I honestly don't know what we would do without EZOfficeInventory at this point. Even the support staff is friendly and quick to respond.

Pros

You can create any kind of custom reports you want. Sort items by groups and sub groups. It syncs with LDAP. The pricing is competitive. You can configure alerts and custom access rights. It uses QR codes and barcodes. Easy to import existing assets from csv files. I could go on, but my hands are getting tired from typing.

Cons

Having a hard time thinking of any cons, but one thing it could use is a few more "bulk edit" options other than bulk editing assets themselves. Like it would be nice if I could bulk edit a certain user field or something like that. I also wish I could bulk edit the document/image library to remove all the duplicates. This is an extremely minor con.

Abe

Reviewed on 04/03/2020

A Flexible Asset Management Solution

We have been very pleased with EZOfficeInventory. We used it to replace a number of manual-input spreadsheets and other DIY solutions. This has been an affordable solution that works exceptionally well for our organization and has been a dramatic improvement from the hodge=podge of solutions that we were using previously.

Pros

We really enjoy how versatile this product is. We use it to track everything from computers and peripherals in the office to our trucks in the field. It is simple enough to allow for us to use it across a wide range of assets, but also robust enough to allow us to track service and schedule reminders for regular service and registration on our trailers and equipment. It has dramatically increased accountability across the organization and allowed us to ensure better control of our assets.

Cons

There are not really very many cons that we have discovered for the software. The only drawback is that some of our less technically savvy employees are a bit intimidated by the UI. However, after the initial hurdles, they seem to pick it up quickly.

Kerrie
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 18/04/2017

Fantastic! Fantastic! Fantastic!

I tell people all the time that EZ should put me on their payroll as much as I praise & recommend their service! I have used EZ for a total of 4 years & have loved every part of it. It's incredibly user-friendly & retains any data you need to see at a glance between the comments section, custom fields & attachments. They have just enough levels of control that aren't overwhelming to incorporate but still maintains the levels of security that are needed.

I am currently using it to organize/maintain a Samples Department where we have samples from all over the world with different specs. Each piece (some have multiple quantities & others are a single item) needs to be tracked with specific details maintained amongst 7 departments & 4 branches. Needless to say, this is an amazing tool to keep control & accountability for the assets.

Their customer service is phenomenal! Every time I have a question they are quick to respond, thorough in their answer (including links) & have even implemented suggestions I had that helped with workflow. The definition of EZ is working smarter & not harder. Keep the outstanding work up EZ!! You make my job sooooooo much easier!

Pros

User-friendly, security levels, QR labels,

Cons

The only possible thing I can think of is having comments & attachments for the vendors but the Production Team is already working on that (see you in May :-)

Kerrie
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 18/07/2017

Couldn't ask for better!

Inventory management

Pros

Cons

The only con I can think would be not having images on their search engine and reports. Some times a picture is worth a thousand words.

Vishnu
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 05/07/2022

EZOfficeInventory has been very useful

Overall, it has been a very useful tool to keep track of our POs and items in the lab

Pros

The product is easy to set up and is easy to be trained on. I also like the layout and the features included in the package

Cons

I do not like that the custom alerts do not work properly. Also when receiving items, I'm unable to cross verify with AIN. There are some rough edges to the product that needs to be sorted out

FlowTrack

Price and features

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Hi! We are sorry you are experiencing issues with EZO. Could you email us at [email protected] with more details? Someone from our customer success team would love to troubleshoot this for you.

Replied 15/09/2022
Allen
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Made my life a whole lot easier!

I must say it's good. We had an issue with getting support with our previous software. But not so with EZOffice. I think having accessible support is key for any software that runs a large portion of your company.

Pros

Cost saving was a major factor for us (due in part to COVID). We had been paying over 5k per year for our pervious asset management software and we were still missing key features. So when when we found this was a 1/5th of the cost and had needed features like PO management , custom barcode management, among other things it was a no-brainer.

Cons

No major issues so far. Having the option to export POs in bulk would be helpful. It would also be nice to see new features added more often.

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Hey, Allen. Thank you for elaborating on the cost factor. We completely understand how COVID situation has changed the dynamics of industry all over the world and we have gone out of the way in assisting our clients with their costing concerns. We do take in feature requests and add new features given their usability and requirements from the client side. I will definitely pass on your request to my team and we will update you accordingly.

Replied 14/12/2020
Lutfi
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 24/06/2020

Great Tool for smaller companies looking to get serious about asset and inventory tracking

EZOffice has been a great benefit to our company, in terms of tracking and reliability in our products

Pros

The two most impactful features are (1) the asset tracking and inventory tracking functions, and (2) the work order functions. It allows is to easily track our products across the world, as well as create repairs and services as needed in an easy and functional way

Cons

The one thing that I find could be better implemented in the auditting feature, and email notifications. It would be nice to be able to completely customize the types of notifications (within EZOffice) and emails that each member will get.

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Hi Lutfi, We highly value your feedback. For alerts and emails you can customize the alerts that you want to send to each member however its the form of notification that they receive so greater customization wasn't really possible with this module. As far as auditing is concerned we allow audits on checked out assets and we are introducing audits for asset stock as well. Do get in touch with one of our support members and they will guide you through it.

Replied 21/07/2020
Zander
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 01/09/2020

Great product and easy to use

EZOfficeInventory has been helpful to us because it allows us to easily track the various technology devices that we issue to clinical reasearh study participants for the studies that we conduct. We also use it to track devices being issued to staff members as well. We were having a major issue with participants and staff members forgetting to return devices, or Research Coordinators taking devices to issue to new participants and not tracking them effectively. Now we simply have them check the devices out in EZOfficeInventory and it fixes that issue.

In addition, the software makes it easier for us to figure out what we need to purchase.

Pros

The first thing that I noticed was that the software was incredibly easy to use. I had an hour long training with our IT team and after that I was already up and running and was able to perform the tasks that I needed. In addition, each time I have to use the software for something different than my normal workflow, the ease of use makes it easy for me to figure out how to perform that new task.

Cons

It would be nice if there was an API. It would make it easier to automate some of the tasks that we have to perform frequently. The functionality options for the interface are sometimes rigid in that they only offer a fixed set of actions. In addition, a fully functional API would help users integrate the software into their internal automated processes more easily.

For example, it would be nice if we could make a series of API calls to register new devices or upload a spreadsheet in a specific format that contained the information needed to register devices (or perform some other task) and have the software read from the spreadsheet.

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Hello, Zander. We highly appreciate this valuable feedback from your side. We are constantly in the process of improving our system in accordance with clients requirement and we are gathering feedback on APIs to make them more diverse and flexible. However, feel free to visit this page of our Open APIs www.ezofficeinventory.com/developers.

Replied 24/09/2020

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

EZOfficeInventory is Truly Easy and a Great Product

This software has made the nightmare of who-has-what into a manageable task. We use it to track user equipment. We don't have a large inventory moving in and out since our product is services, not goods. We haze approximately 100 users and their hard drives, computers and phones are all tied to them for compliance and tracking reasons. EZOfficeInventory makes the task of managing the inventory and staff extremely simple.

Pros

Ease of setup and use. Pair this with a barcode reader and it sings. It's super easy to customize for our needs. the software is web-based for updates are instant and it can be used from a Smartphone or any PC.

Cons

This is is a small pick - I think the interface might be a bit more sleek and attractive. Perhaps the simplicity is needed to maintain speedy loading and access to the database. If that's the case, keep the looks and the speed.