Yahoo Mail Reviews

4.2

4.2

About Yahoo Mail

Yahoo Mail is a cloud-based email application that can be used on desktops and mobile devices. It offers various tools designed to simplify email search and improve inbox organization. Users can also store images and documents...

4.1
4.1

Browse Yahoo Mail Reviews

Noorhidayu
Noorhidayu

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

One of the best in managing emails

Pros

Yahoo Mail is one of the best email manager platform that i ever has used and it is still relevant even after 10 years has passed. It is the first ever email service that i have use and has help me a lot in my studies at the university. Sending and receiving an emails has never a problem with this software.

Cons

The problem with Yahoo Mail is, the service development and updating a new feature has become stagnant. It can't keeping up with its competitor and it has making many user has left this platform. A new feature like cloud storage will attract back the user that has left this software and making it popular again.

Ashan
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 13/03/2024

Great email management tool

Easy registration and easy to use yahoo mail.

Pros

Yahoo mail is great email management tool that help for me. Super easy to use it and can customize entire UI theme colour and others as I want. Email notification alerts are receiving perfectly and receiving updates that I've ordered in online.

Cons

Nope. I haven't any dislike features about Yahoo mail.

• Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 08/03/2024

General usage email box

Pros

Smooth user interface. What u need are layout as is on e dashboard

Cons

Too much cluttering of information. Mail delivery can have time lag

Top Yahoo Mail Alternatives

Ibrahim
Ibrahim
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 27/12/2023

One of the leading emails around the world

Overall experience is great and I’m enjoying the tonnes of email management features and cool themes for emails as well.

Pros

Yahoo mail is always reliable in my day to day email management tasks. I use it as a personal email and I also have another email for work. It’s smooth it’s easy. The app interface is really easy to use and modern. The homepage enables you as well to skim through some news before accessing my email. I’m using yahoo as well as a primary browser launcher in my laptop and tablet. It’s really good and I’m enjoying it.

Cons

Website is sometimes heavy and take some time to load content

Loura

Reviewed on 20/02/2024

I have used Yahoo email since 1997, and still loyal.

I love Yahoo Mail. I will likely keep my same email as long as they will provide it to me.

Pros

I have a long history now with Yahoo. I still keep my email with them, and I love being able to have access to things I sent 20 years ago!

Cons

The biggest complaint I have is how hard it can be to get into your account if your phone breaks. I appreciate security but its over the top!

Kristie
Kristie
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

Outdated but Functional

During the time Yahoo was popular, there was Myspace messenger and AIM messenger. This was when Apple products, Facebook, and Gmail was becoming popular and easy to use. It was time for technology to expand and have people more absorbed into new types of tech software. I used to log into my Yahoo account every day but now, I log into my Gmail account everyday. Yahoo will never be forgotten but it will take a while for it to become as mega popular as Gmail. Google products are now a trend and the company is known worldwide.

Pros

I used Yahoo when I was younger up until high school because Google was becoming the new trend at that time. I remember using Yahoo to send my first emails to my teachers and school-related assessments. It was free to use the service and the most fun I had was coming up with the usernames. I still have my Yahoo accounts but I have not been logged in for years now. If Yahoo could be like Google and update their services and products, it could make a comeback.

Cons

Yahoo became oldschool and outdated very quickly when Google was trending at the time. I was in high school when someone I knew created a free Gmail account for me. It was a lot of fun coming up with usernames but Google is more modern with an easier platform to use. From stories, I have heard that some messages on Yahoo don't get delivered. If Google were to receive a wrong email, it would let the user know that the message could not be sent. The service is free but the platform is outdated and it doesn't have a Google Drive function.

Gmail and Meta for Business

Reasons for Choosing Yahoo Mail

I made the switch from AOL because it was taking advantage of my dad's Internet service bill. Yahoo was free to use and the messenger was easier to use than AOL. AOL was known to be used by the upper middle class while my family could only use free products, which is where Yahoo came into play. Now, Google mail accounts are free for everybody and educational institutions use them too. Every student who is admitted into a university is provided with a free Gmail account. There is a university account for each student but it is through Gmail.

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

I chose Yahoo mail because it was free and it was during my studies in elementary school. It was a way for me to communicate with my classmates and my teacher. At the time, Google was not a trend so many of my friends and teachers were using Yahoo to communicate, but it became less popular when I hit high school. High school was when Facebook was trending and many went from emailing to messaging their Internet friends on Facebook. Facebook was a way for people to be less formal, connect, and upload photos to see what they were going through in their personal lives.
Robert
Robert
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 07/10/2022

Good Enough

It's been okay but, not great. I use it when I have to but, I sometimes get a little embarrassed giving people my Yahoo email address. To be frank.

Pros

It works about as well as any other mail software, it's just not vastly different.

Cons

My main con would be the connotation that Yahoo mail gives others and the people that use it are generally looked upon as archaic, old & outdated. It's similar to how people view AOL, Hotmail or Outlook.

Microsoft Outlook and Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

It's an email address that I have had for a long time so I kept it.
STAVROS

Reviewed on 31/03/2024

Yahoo-Mail

Pros

The fact that there is almost infinite space for daily emails. No need to worry about space or having to empty space quite often.

Cons

Sometimes when you use it from more than 2 computers then the system sometimes locks your account and asks you to log in after an hour, which is disappointing and not convenient when you totally depend on it.

Shenuka

Reviewed on 19/03/2024

Review of 5 year experience

Pros

Been using yahoo mail for 5 years and yahoo is great for use. Their features are incredible and perfect. UI is perfect and simple. Easy to use and easy to register

Cons

Some sites don't allow to sign up with yahoo mail

Ama W
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

Yahoo mail review

I used to love yahoo mail and it was my go to mailbox until I found a better alternative

Pros

The fact that I have serveral log in options.

Cons

All my mails got deleted from my inbox and I am unable to search for old emails.

Georgiana
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 10/04/2023

Why chose Yahoo?

I solved my mail storage with Yahoo and improved my security with the different features Yahoo offers.

Pros

I love that Yahoo helps manage my emails. It separates my emails into different categories automatically. It separates junk email from unread and even more. The spam blocker, on the other hand, is very connected because it blocker unwanted emails from different sites and senders. When it comes to monitoring what I like best is that I can have my emails in my inbox for as long as I want. Then what I do not want or not using will then be deleted without having to do it every sing time. The search and filter section is very useful and comes in a handle when looking for an email that was sent. Let's talk about the filter session it made my life easy and has everything in order. I can filter all messages when it comes to orders and more. I can also search for one word and all the email that has that word will filter up. Wow, email training is amazing. This feature helps me to see if my customer or anyone to who I send a message opens my email and even if they click on my links. Archiving works hand in hand with search/filter. I can remove an email from my inbox using the archive and can find it quickly back using search. It's like hiding a message or basically keeping it safe instead of deleting it. I can log in to multiple devices and activate my notification. There is no need to go and check the app anymore. I love that I can just click on the notification and it takes me to the email.

Cons

I love everything about Yahoo. Yahoo is a part of my family.

Eric
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

Yahoo email staples

It's been The main email service I've used for over 20 years.

Pros

Yahoo has always been great for my messaging and takes care of all my needs .

Cons

Can be a little slower when used with basic android.

Microsoft Outlook and Gmail

Yahoo is superior

Microsoft Outlook

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

Yahoo has been a trusted email provider for my whole experience with online messaging.
Hafizah
Hafizah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 05/06/2021

Yahoo Mail is really helpful

Pros

Yahoo is simple to use and integrates well with the iPhone's mail app. I've never had any privacy issues with Yahoo, so I'm confident in its security. In contrast to some other major email providers I've used, I've discovered that blacklisted email addresses stay restricted and go to the spam folder. In contrast, banned emails continue to come through to my inbox.

Cons

Whenever I forgot my password, I had trouble logging into my email. It was really inconvenient, and I would have to go through numerous steps to authenticate my identity and regain access to my account. The customer service was also not up to par and very late in responding to my tickets and no option to get to them by phone call.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 10/05/2022

Yahoo Mail Regular Usage Review

My overall experience with yahoo mail is amazing.

Pros

This software gets what it is supposed to get done flawlessly.

Cons

The last thing I like about this software is that it isn't connected like the other email services how I'd like it, the software is kind of segregated from every other platform.

Gmail

Reasons for Choosing Yahoo Mail

Outlook was even more segregated from every other platform as well as hard to use and navigate

Microsoft Outlook

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

Because I thought I wasn't ready for the others at this time, I regret not choosing Gmail immediately
Omar Elsayed
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 30/10/2021

that is old, I close my account there

Pros

The most prominent new features of the application allow users to create more than one account on the application and open them at the same time, as people create multiple accounts for different purposes, as one of the accounts is for shopping, the other may be work, and the other maybe for personal use

Cons

The inability of the application to display files and documents "Word, Excel, PowerPoint", modify them and save them, or the ability to send them without saving,

Ajit
Ajit

Reviewed on 24/02/2022

A Very Well-known and oldest Email Service App

I am using Yahoo Mail from long time and still using it. I am really used to it. Just do login with username and password and access and manage mailbox is very to see Inbox, Sent folder, Spam folder, Trash Folder, Draft new email etc. I can write any email and keep it half-done, it automatically goes to Drafts folder and again I can resume that email from draft folder. So like this, there are so many features of yahoo mail are useful. Even we get the notifications of any new email so can get ready to reply urgent emails very quickly.

Pros

All the features of Yahoo Mail are good. but I like the feature of creating new folder by any name to save important emails, attachments and pictures. Every day i get so many email from various email addresses so by using separate folder, it helps to save selected and important emails and any time I can check those important emails. It helps to avoid deleting any urgent email. I also like Trash folder because when we delete any email by mistake, it does not delete permanently, it goes to trash folder so we can easily search that specific email by name or date and restore it. Thank you Yahoo Mail for being very useful.

Cons

There are a lot of hacking incidents are going on So as a very important email service app, Yahoo Mail needs to be much more secure with 2 way authentication security like access code or OTP on phone or any installed authentication app to access the mailbox in secured manner. All other features are functioning properly.

Sanganagouda
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 06/04/2023

Yahoo Mail: Your One-Stop Email Solution

Yahoo is providing good security with a built-in virus scanner to protect users from malicious attachments. It is one of the oldest email service and worth trying. It is a One Stop Email Solution.

Pros

It is one of the oldest Email service which lost its value somewhere. There are still many good things of Yahoo Mail like-1. Yahoo Mail allows users to customize their inbox and interface, making it easier to organize and access emails.2. It offers advanced search capabilities, making it easy to find specific emails or attachments.3. Yahoo Mail allows users to integrate their social media accounts, such as Facebook and Twitter, making it easy to keep up with social media activity.4. It has an excellent Mobile app.

Cons

Improvements are needed in these areas-1. Yahoo Mail has limited folder management options, which may make it difficult to organize and manage large amounts of email.2. Yahoo Mail has limited labels and tags, making it difficult to organize and categorize emails.3. It has limited formatting options for composing emails.4. Attachment preview options.

Alhassan
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 11/06/2021

Okay for personal use, but not great for professional purposes

My overall experience with yahoo mail hasn't been great. The security and account recovery tools are very poor. And in over two years of trying, I still haven't been able to access my old account with them, not get customer service to provide any useful help.

Pros

My first email account was created with yahoomail and it seemed good. The thing I liked most about the software was the layout and interface of my account. It made it quite easy to navigate around the different folders. Also they had an option to increase the number of emails displayed per window. And that was great a feature for users with slow internet connectivity since I didn't have to navigate out and load entirely new pages just to reach non-recent mails.

Cons

The security features were very poor. They would ask me to reset my password almost every other week, which made it extremely difficult for me to track my login details and I would often get locked out of my account because I couldn't remember the last password change. Secondly, they have very poor account recovery options. I still haven't been able to access my old account to retrieve my old mails because the recovery email was also another yahoomail which can't also be accessed. No options for phone confirmation or security question to facilitate account recovery.

Halimatun
Halimatun

Reviewed on 10/11/2021

Yahoo Mail used to be superior

Pros

Yahoomail was my first email account, and it seemed to work well. The structure and usability of my account were the features of the software that I loved the best. It was simple to navigate between the many folders. They might also increase the number of emails displayed in each window. That was a useful option for people with sluggish internet connections because I didn't have to go out and load full new pages only to get to non-recent emails.

Cons

Strangely, despite what I do, emails by one of my coworkers always wind up in the spam box. They constantly end up there even though I added her as a connection. The news section in the inbox is really distracting and making the interface really messy, and it should be removed.

Amit
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 08/10/2022

Best Free Email Service

Overall all features are very good , I am using Yahoo Mail from last 15 years and very satisfied but only thing is it has to update its features.

Pros

Storage, Can chat without downloading anything as soon as you open your mail box right hand side a chat box appears where you can chat and do mail simultaneously with your contacts, Has free calendar functionality. Scans emails for viruses thus help you protect your mails.

Cons

This mail box need to update itself and provide a good customer care, If you are giving something for free you should not compensate with advertisements to recover the cost, Commercial advertisements keep on floating which distracts the user and reduce concentration on important work.

Rediffmail Pro

Features.
Kayla
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 20/06/2023

Sometimes good sometimes bad!!

Sometimes spam goes to inbox and inbox goes to spam. And deleted messages randomly reappear causing you to have to delete multiple times

Pros

I like that yahoo is users friendly with the conveniences of on screen notifications. Not overpriced for small businesses and a ton of built in templates for a variety of emails that are easy to follow.

Cons

Security. Since the 2016 data breach it kind of makes you worry a bit. And during an internet outage you have no access to email of importance.

Jonathan
  • Industry: Capital Markets

Reviewed on 29/08/2022

Yahoo Mail is the web's true OG.

Let's be honest... back in the "486" processer days, Yahoo was THE player. Email was new. A user could go to Yahoo and search for information in the world's biggest encyclopedia and the "tech industry" was not a thing in common vernacular then. Google pushed the web's OG out the door with little fanfare and the brand tanked.

But... Yahoo was always out there and, if you sign back into the platform with any regularity, you can see that they have been adapting and innovating. The dashboard is far more aesthetically pleasing than GMail, the inbox management is easier, and the spam filter feels more in-tune with the user's needs, rather than the application's monetization. The percentages of email that I send out from Yahoo Mail is miniscule compared to my multitude of more "modern" alternatives... but there is something comforting about seeing that visually appealing dashboard pop up so that I can check age old accounts a couple of times a week.

If you're frustrated with GMail (and if you are, you're not alone), and you want a great looking platform with years of experience and a pedigree that goes back to the dawn of the internet, give Yahoo a chance. You won't be disappointed.

Pros

The appearance of the Yahoo Mail dashboard and its customizable nature.
Nostalgia.
Long term reliability of Yahoo's security.
Nostalgia.
Ease of use.
Did I mention... nostalgia...?

Cons

A bit of a "standalone platform".
The thing about Yahoo is that it, for some reason (name?), seemed to lose an air of professionalism when GMail came along. It has remained strong with personal users.
The fact that I opened my account 20+ years ago and can never remember the passwords.

Reviewed on 13/08/2022

JAM Yah Mail Review

I have been using this software for many years, and I recommend this to anyone surfing on the internet for the first time. This is an essential beginning to emailing friends to coworkers. I have always liked the quality of service I get on this site, and will continue using Yahoo as long as it still exists in cyberspace.

Pros

First off, this is the basis when it comes sending an email, especially now. I always like how simple it is to monitor thousand of emails a day. Responding to them has never been hard, and I have had no trouble filtering the urgency as well. Changing the theme is very cool too!

Cons

Recently I have noticed certain emails showing up from the spam folder even though I never took them away from the folder to begin with. They show up back in my inbox for some reason. I do not like this as I do not want spam showing in my inbox when I just sent them to the spam folder. I do not find cool important emails showing up in the spam folder when they belong in the inbox. The misreading of such emails tiring.

Ghazal
Ghazal
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 22/04/2022

Yahoo Mail Makes Communication Fun

It has been a great experience over the years. I made my first email on Yahoo in 2001 and I still use it - I think that pretty much sums up my whole experience.

Pros

I have used Yahoo Email for many years now and I love the ease of use that it offers. I know most people these days go for other services in the market but I still like Yahoo. It is easy to use and helps with effective communication. I send and receive my email without any difficulty, and it offers humongous storage space. The search option is a great way to find an old email. Its spam blocker is also very good. Email forwarding, auto-responder, and good technical support make Yahoo a great platform.

Cons

The only con that I see in Yahoo Mail is that it is becoming old-fashioned now. With other fancy services in the market, Yahoo has tough competition to deal with. Maybe Yahoo should add more exciting features to attract more users and retain the existing users.

Godwin
Godwin
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 16/10/2021

Good mailing service but didn't evolve fast enough

Yahoo mail was the first email account I ever created for myself over 10 years ago and I've been using it ever since then. At the time, it was topnotch with no serious competition but somehow got left behind because it didn't evolve fast enough as the likes of gmail. Nevertheless, using yahoo mail is of sentimental value to me and I just wish it would evolve more rapidly with more amazing features.

Pros

What I like most about yahoo mail is that fact that I can create folders and redirect specific mails with keywords in there without having to move them myself.

Cons

I think the spam management algorithm of yahoo mail needs some upgrading because it often finds it difficult to differentiate spams from primary which makes a mess of the inbox. As well, some important mails often get dumped in the spam folder. And I wish yahoo remove ads from yahoo mail or at least reduce them, they can be very annoying. I'll like to see yahoo mail take more advantage of cloud storage like what gmail does with drive.