About Yahoo Mail

Yahoo Mail is a cloud-based email application that can be used on desktops and mobile devices. It offers various tools designed to simplify email search and improve inbox organization. Users can also store images and documents...

4.1
4.1

Browse Yahoo Mail Reviews

Ajit

Reviewed on 24/02/2022

A Very Well-known and oldest Email Service App

I am using Yahoo Mail from long time and still using it. I am really used to it. Just do login with username and password and access and manage mailbox is very to see Inbox, Sent folder, Spam folder, Trash Folder, Draft new email etc. I can write any email and keep it half-done, it automatically goes to Drafts folder and again I can resume that email from draft folder. So like this, there are so many features of yahoo mail are useful. Even we get the notifications of any new email so can get ready to reply urgent emails very quickly.

Pros

All the features of Yahoo Mail are good. but I like the feature of creating new folder by any name to save important emails, attachments and pictures. Every day i get so many email from various email addresses so by using separate folder, it helps to save selected and important emails and any time I can check those important emails. It helps to avoid deleting any urgent email. I also like Trash folder because when we delete any email by mistake, it does not delete permanently, it goes to trash folder so we can easily search that specific email by name or date and restore it. Thank you Yahoo Mail for being very useful.

Cons

There are a lot of hacking incidents are going on So as a very important email service app, Yahoo Mail needs to be much more secure with 2 way authentication security like access code or OTP on phone or any installed authentication app to access the mailbox in secured manner. All other features are functioning properly.

Vijay
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 06/09/2022

Wonderful Application for Email

My overall experience which was more than 2 years was not bad. I can say that it's good to use for email at small scale.

Pros

I have been using Yahoo mail service since last two years. I find it very interesting, easy to use, better management of emails, proper challen for daily email to your company employees.

Cons

It's charged for using extra mail services. I find difficulty because i can't use proper feature as it's paid.

Camille
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 05/11/2022

Horrible or such a large company

Not great. If I didn't have so much personal items saved on my email, I would've deleted my account long ago.

Pros

I can change the colors of my email account

Cons

I got my first Yahoo account in 2007. I used it occasionally but not frequently. With no warning whatsoever, when I logged in last time, Yahoo informed me that they had "deleted my account" because "I hadn't been logged in for a while" it had only been maybe seven months. All of my personal emails were just gone without notice. With my second and current account, I've had since 2012. I have emails that I know I've written but when searching for them, they are not found. The search filter is terrible. When you search for a keyword, something entirely different will show up. Even photos will show up even though you specified you were looking for an email, not an attachment. As far as spam goes, within the past two years the amount of spam I receive has increased. I've blocked several email addresses on my Yahoo account and yet Yahoo still allows me to receive emails from that sender. I've had to change my password probably 15 times simply because Yahoo thinks my password is not strong enough. And constantly notify me telling me I need to protect my account by paying for the password subscription protection. It's distasteful. Not to mention the two step verification I encounter when logging into a new device. I log into a new device, it says they don't recognize it so I need to confirm a code on my secondary email, but in order to log into my secondary email, I have to log out of the email I'm currently trying to log into (because they're both Yahoo)

Top Yahoo Mail Alternatives

Amit

Reviewed on 08/10/2022

Best Free Email Service

Overall all features are very good , I am using Yahoo Mail from last 15 years and very satisfied but only thing is it has to update its features.

Pros

Storage, Can chat without downloading anything as soon as you open your mail box right hand side a chat box appears where you can chat and do mail simultaneously with your contacts, Has free calendar functionality. Scans emails for viruses thus help you protect your mails.

Cons

This mail box need to update itself and provide a good customer care, If you are giving something for free you should not compensate with advertisements to recover the cost, Commercial advertisements keep on floating which distracts the user and reduce concentration on important work.

Rediffmail Pro

Features.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 10/05/2022

Yahoo Mail Regular Usage Review

My overall experience with yahoo mail is amazing.

Pros

This software gets what it is supposed to get done flawlessly.

Cons

The last thing I like about this software is that it isn't connected like the other email services how I'd like it, the software is kind of segregated from every other platform.

Gmail

Reasons for Choosing Yahoo Mail

Outlook was even more segregated from every other platform as well as hard to use and navigate

Microsoft Outlook

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

Because I thought I wasn't ready for the others at this time, I regret not choosing Gmail immediately
Mert

Reviewed on 06/08/2022

Mailing from Yahoo Mail

I used Yahoo Mail over 3 years in the past and I stopped to using it because they have not developed any feature when we compared with it's alternatives.

Pros

Yahoo Mail is an old e-mail system that you can still use. It has smooth dashboard and offers nice features like scheduling your timeline.

Cons

10 or 20 years ago, Yahoo Mail one of the most important e-mail system that you can use easily, but in this time there are lots of alternatives to use for scheduling your timeline or guide.

Praveen
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 11/08/2022

Yahoo mail is doing great in my last 20 years experience

Overall experience is very good, i am satisfied being a long time user

Pros

The inbox looks user friendly also composing new mails is very easy to work with. I trust on the success rate of the email sending feature.

Cons

The search and filter options need to be more precise and deletion of multiple mails at once should be an easy process.

Rediffmail Pro, Gmail and AOL Mail

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

I found yahoo mail is the easiest and consistent in its goodwill. It is a highly trustable email hosting website.
marquita
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 29/04/2022

Been with Yahoo for 23 years and plan on staying another 23

Yahoo is great for what it's worth, FREE email account with 1TB of storage, you can't beat that with a stick!

Pros

I like that its free, I like the comfort and reliability of Yahoo mail. I have been with them since before I had children and now my children have their own Yahoo email accounts.

Cons

I can't stand the amount of spam that doesn't get blocked
I don't like that important emails get routed to the s[am folder
Lastly, I could do without the ads, In the 23 years I've had an account well 2 with Yahoo, I have never clicked on and ad because I was intrigued.

AOL Mail

Reasons for Choosing Yahoo Mail

I thought I would see less spam starting over from scratch and from what I thought at the time was a bigger named provider

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

AOL seemed as if it was for the young crowd, All I was really hearing about with AOL was chats honestly
Scott
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 07/08/2022

Yahoo mail is secure and notifications super fast

There website is quite responsive overall, and helps get on time notifications, and does not share personal information like other mails , so is quite secure

Pros

The mail is very responsive and easy to access mails, it helps me save a lot of time

Cons

The cons of yahoo mail is that some websites don't accept it as a business email

Kristie
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

Outdated but Functional

During the time Yahoo was popular, there was Myspace messenger and AIM messenger. This was when Apple products, Facebook, and Gmail was becoming popular and easy to use. It was time for technology to expand and have people more absorbed into new types of tech software. I used to log into my Yahoo account every day but now, I log into my Gmail account everyday. Yahoo will never be forgotten but it will take a while for it to become as mega popular as Gmail. Google products are now a trend and the company is known worldwide.

Pros

I used Yahoo when I was younger up until high school because Google was becoming the new trend at that time. I remember using Yahoo to send my first emails to my teachers and school-related assessments. It was free to use the service and the most fun I had was coming up with the usernames. I still have my Yahoo accounts but I have not been logged in for years now. If Yahoo could be like Google and update their services and products, it could make a comeback.

Cons

Yahoo became oldschool and outdated very quickly when Google was trending at the time. I was in high school when someone I knew created a free Gmail account for me. It was a lot of fun coming up with usernames but Google is more modern with an easier platform to use. From stories, I have heard that some messages on Yahoo don't get delivered. If Google were to receive a wrong email, it would let the user know that the message could not be sent. The service is free but the platform is outdated and it doesn't have a Google Drive function.

Gmail and Meta for Business

Reasons for Choosing Yahoo Mail

I made the switch from AOL because it was taking advantage of my dad's Internet service bill. Yahoo was free to use and the messenger was easier to use than AOL. AOL was known to be used by the upper middle class while my family could only use free products, which is where Yahoo came into play. Now, Google mail accounts are free for everybody and educational institutions use them too. Every student who is admitted into a university is provided with a free Gmail account. There is a university account for each student but it is through Gmail.

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

I chose Yahoo mail because it was free and it was during my studies in elementary school. It was a way for me to communicate with my classmates and my teacher. At the time, Google was not a trend so many of my friends and teachers were using Yahoo to communicate, but it became less popular when I hit high school. High school was when Facebook was trending and many went from emailing to messaging their Internet friends on Facebook. Facebook was a way for people to be less formal, connect, and upload photos to see what they were going through in their personal lives.
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Trusted Mail Service for Over a Decade

Yahoo Mail is the first mail service I ever signed up for on my own. More than 10 years later, it still has relevance and value in the industry as a recognizable and trusted mail services. I am pleased with what I have received from it over the many years.

Pros

Yahoo Mail is one of the best services for sending and receiving e-mail. You can move, archive, star, or delete mail with the click of a button, and Yahoo Mail has folders available you can create to sort your mail. Though one of my cons mentions obvious spam filtering through into the main inbox, it is also easy to mark items as spam - and you can browse the spam folder and mark anything not as spam. The search bar works well to look for any specific mail items or senders.

Cons

The amount of ads on Yahoo Mail have ramped up substantially in recent years and can get in the way. Though this is likely affected by the amount of years I have had this Yahoo Mail account, I also receive a large amount of spam - and Yahoo doesn't filter out some of the most obvious scams.

AOL Mail

More familiarity with Yahoo's website
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 12/06/2021

Yahoo A Standard email service

Yahoo Mail has been fantastic. It has cut communication time and distance, as well as sparked the current digital boom. I can't picture a world without it because it has brought so many people closer together. Yahoo, on the other hand, seems to be fading. It is unable to stay up with its competition and the services they provide.

Pros

1. Using the yahoo contact tool within yahoo mail, you may save all of your contacts online.
2. It is easier to use than others, and you may get support from Yahoo at any moment by dialing the yahoo customer support number.
3. It is simple to handle because it distinguishes between inbox, sent, spam, and other areas.

Cons

Yahoo recently stopped offering forwarding as a free service. This is a fundamental feature that most rivals provide for free and has been available for a long time. They've also placed more obtrusive adverts that are easy to click on by accident and cover up the inbox. I would switch if I didn't have almost a decade of memberships and logins connected to this account.

• Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 08/10/2021

My Top mailing app

Yahoo mail Is my first mailing app and i don't plan changing it anytime soon based on its ease of use and dependable attribute.

Pros

This is the first mailing app i ever used and it has always served my every purpose, I love its capacity of making use of more than one mailing account on one single application. It is seamlessly fast in email processing and has wonderful security protocol, this attributes and capacity made it the only mailing app being used by my organization.

Cons

The editing tools are not as sophisticated as i would have wanted and the spam protection is a little weak, this should be worked on by the developers as this will encourage its loyal users.

Jonathan
  • Industry: Capital Markets

Reviewed on 29/08/2022

Yahoo Mail is the web's true OG.

Let's be honest... back in the "486" processer days, Yahoo was THE player. Email was new. A user could go to Yahoo and search for information in the world's biggest encyclopedia and the "tech industry" was not a thing in common vernacular then. Google pushed the web's OG out the door with little fanfare and the brand tanked.

But... Yahoo was always out there and, if you sign back into the platform with any regularity, you can see that they have been adapting and innovating. The dashboard is far more aesthetically pleasing than GMail, the inbox management is easier, and the spam filter feels more in-tune with the user's needs, rather than the application's monetization. The percentages of email that I send out from Yahoo Mail is miniscule compared to my multitude of more "modern" alternatives... but there is something comforting about seeing that visually appealing dashboard pop up so that I can check age old accounts a couple of times a week.

If you're frustrated with GMail (and if you are, you're not alone), and you want a great looking platform with years of experience and a pedigree that goes back to the dawn of the internet, give Yahoo a chance. You won't be disappointed.

Pros

The appearance of the Yahoo Mail dashboard and its customizable nature.
Nostalgia.
Long term reliability of Yahoo's security.
Nostalgia.
Ease of use.
Did I mention... nostalgia...?

Cons

A bit of a "standalone platform".
The thing about Yahoo is that it, for some reason (name?), seemed to lose an air of professionalism when GMail came along. It has remained strong with personal users.
The fact that I opened my account 20+ years ago and can never remember the passwords.

Ghazal
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 22/04/2022

Yahoo Mail Makes Communication Fun

It has been a great experience over the years. I made my first email on Yahoo in 2001 and I still use it - I think that pretty much sums up my whole experience.

Pros

I have used Yahoo Email for many years now and I love the ease of use that it offers. I know most people these days go for other services in the market but I still like Yahoo. It is easy to use and helps with effective communication. I send and receive my email without any difficulty, and it offers humongous storage space. The search option is a great way to find an old email. Its spam blocker is also very good. Email forwarding, auto-responder, and good technical support make Yahoo a great platform.

Cons

The only con that I see in Yahoo Mail is that it is becoming old-fashioned now. With other fancy services in the market, Yahoo has tough competition to deal with. Maybe Yahoo should add more exciting features to attract more users and retain the existing users.

Shahiryar
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 29/09/2021

Yahoo Mail

Yahoo Mail was my first email service that I used and being first it is always special to me. Also it loads pretty quick even on slow internet and is highly committed to user's data safety.

Pros

Yahoo mail is one of the most secure email service providers. It gives a lot of importance to users privacy. It has a very easy interface and loads pretty fast. Its apt spam blocker never lets a spam enter your inbox. You can send relatively larger attachments to recipients using Yahoo mail. Yahoo offers its users even in the free basic version with a 1000 GB of storage for emails and subsequent attachments which is more that enough for ordinary users. Apart from browser version, it also has dedicated apps for mobile operating systems.

Cons

There isn't anything to unlike about Yahoo, but I must say that it lost its pace in competing with its rivals by not evolving as fast in the start.

Joel

Reviewed on 22/07/2021

Review of Yahoo Mail

I've been able to synchronize my work email with Yahoo Mail and it has been a game changer. I like that I can add my scheduled meetings and appointments to Yahoo Mail. I get constant reminders sent to my phone so I never miss a meeting or appointment.

Pros

What I like the most about Yahoo Mail is how simple it is to use. The app is on my main screen of my phone and I use it daily. Pulling up my inbox is super easy and I can get to reading and deleting emails right away. It is very easy to attach documents and images to my emails. This is the most used email software used in my household.

Cons

What I like the least about Yahoo Mail is the advertisements that pop up when I'm trying to scroll through my inbox. They are an annoyance and sometimes do not pertain to anything I am interested in. Other than that minor issue, the product is great!

Aatif Khurshaid

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

Yahoo Mail

I love yahoo mail because it was the first email service that I used. I also love it for its simplicity and apt spam blocker.

Pros

Yahoo Mail is among the initial most popular email service providers that startef to provide free email services to people accross the world. It has a very simple and basic interface which makes composing ad sending emails and reading them very easy. It has a very powerful and smart spam blocker. It provides its users with 1 TB of storage space for emails and subsequent attachments. Yahoo Mail is highly committed to the safety and privacy of its users data and communications.

Cons

It shows advertisements in the main inbox which is some time very annoying. Also it mobile app some times show general awareness alerts in notifications bar in a manner that users mistake them for emails.

Karim

Reviewed on 19/09/2022

The user experience of Yahoo Mail has improved, and there are fewer invasive adverts now, but...

Pros

When I initially started using Yahoo Mail, I found it to be a simple software to use and one of my favorite email services.
It's highly intriguing, simple to use, improves email management, and provides the right challenge for daily emails to your company's employees, in my opinion.
I find it simple to keep track of several discussions and correspondences. connects to the majority of social networking applications.

Cons

It annoys me that there isn't a better way to delete emails.
Sometimes emails indicate they have been sent but have not. Alternately, the email may be indefinitely "sent." It does raise some questions about whether the email was truly sent. There are issues as well with Yahoo emails being accepted by other email providers.

Sunaina

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

Sometimes unreliable delivery - but a good overall email solution

I would recommend Yahoo to anyone who is having a hard time finding a proper email address with Gmail. Give it a shot and you may get lucky!

Pros

What I like most about Yahoo mail is that some email addresses are still available to grab - unlike Gmail which appears to have everything already taken. The other positive is that you can sign up without a phone number which is great - at least that is how it was when I signed up a couple of years ago.

Cons

The email itself and the signin page have lots of ads which is not ideal. Also - the email delivery is sometimes unreliable - causing delays. Other than that - a good solution.

Allen
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 30/07/2022

Yahoo Mail Review

Yippee email is one of the first email administrations which I began to use starting around 2007. It has extremely fundamental elements and it was an extraordinary choice for all us at first. However, in the long run I have continue on toward utilize other email specialist co-ops. Presently it has all-most every one of the highlights which I'm utilizing yet I'm not involving it as my essential email administration.

Pros

"I love the capacity to modify your organizers, as well as your experience backdrop for your email. You can likewise set it up so it informs you when you have any uninitiated messages directly to your desktop.

Cons

The last thing I like about this product is that it isn't associated like the other email administrations how I'd like it, the product is somewhat isolated from each and every other stage

Andrea

Reviewed on 04/11/2021

Great email service

Positive experience

Pros

I have been using this software for a couple years now and really enjoyed how seemingly it was to merge with the new company that Hello Fresh acquired. I'm in sales so being able to block emails is a great addition. I also like that I can keep all of my accounts in one place.

Cons

I don't love that I cannot access IMAP from desktop email.

Jason

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

I’ve used this email longer than I can remember

My experience has been a very pleasant one I have no complaints or dislikes

Pros

I never miss a email and it’s so easy to use

Cons

I really can’t think of anything I would change or dislike about this software

Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

It was recommended by a coworker
Shannon
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 15/09/2021

Convenient and easy to use.

This program has great shortcuts and details. It brings emails, messaging, social networks and use your calendar together in a easy to use format.

Pros

This email serivce is connected to yahoo news, yahoo groups, yahoo search engine and more. It is easy to move through the dashboard with everything labeled. Making it easy to your inbox, outbox, sent, spam plus so much more. There is a feature that is very helpful for professional business which is an email signature. There is a variety of themes to pick from for your background to personalize it.

Cons

There is a lot of ads on the yahoo email. They did remove the save option. You can not label the messages. The spam filter is not real precise.

Tina
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 20/10/2022

Fast and Easy to Use

I use it daily with 3 email accounts. Works flawlessly.

Pros

It's extremely helpful for people with Yahoo email addresses. I receive my emails fast, it's easy to compose an email, attach docs or images, and send them to one or more people at the same time. It remembers the emails addresses you sent emails to, making it easier to send an email again to the same recipients. I like that it also stores all your sent emails and I can check even a year later the attachments I got.

Cons

It's counterintuitive to press the inbox button at the bottom to change the section of emails you're viewing from "received" to "sent" or drafts, spam, etc.