About InSync by Qualifacts

Enhance patient care with InSync's fully integrated, easy-to-use, cloud-based healthcare IT solutions configured specifically to your practice and workflows. EHR, practice management, medical billing, telemedicine, e-prescribing...

4.7

Browse InSync by Qualifacts Reviews

Melanie

Reviewed on 16/12/2022

Great User Experience!

A wonderful experience! I worked as a Project Manager for implementation, and Brandon Door was our Clinical Implementation Specialist. He was empowering for us to learn and use the system, provided information in a way that was easy to understand and configure the system, a pleasure to work with, and quick to answer any questions or follow up. We felt lucky we got to work with him!

Pros

Customizable, easy to use, smooth. The knowledge of having a large electronic medical record company working with us and that is always improving is very reassuring.

Cons

Not at this time - we are new to launching the clinical piece of this software and so as time goes on, we can bring any concerns or questions to support as they come up.

Reviewed on 19/01/2023

review of software before implimentation

I really enjoyed [SENSITIVE CONTENT] presentations and really helped us work through the process of purchasing the software with grant funding. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been amazing and has taken his time with us. We have zero experience with an EMR so he has had to teach us a lot.

Pros

First, I liked that we could make a purchase of the software. This was helpful when budgeting our needs and being able to find some grant funding to get the process started. I liked the way that we could make changes to the system to meet our workflow. Insync stood out in the ability to dictate, follow authorizations, and conform to our needs. We have not used the system yet and are still in the building phase.

Cons

Because we are working directors this process needed to be extended for us. Insync was willing to work with us and provide extra help when asked. The timeline was going to be just too quick for us. We have not used the system yet and are still in the building phase.

Madeline

Reviewed on 14/11/2021

Pros and Cons

Overall, I would say the experience is net positive. I would note that the eligibility/benefits checks are only accurate about 50% of the time which is a hassle, but I don't know how it compares to other softwares that offer this feature. Partly chose it because we wanted to make a custom history section that could be sent to the patient before the intake and have them fill it out and autopopulate the note in an editable way; this has been effective.

I do think the reviews on Capterra are a little too positive for what the software is actually like. I have to wonder if some are fake but I could be wrong. It's just a little less reliable because it's a smaller company than say OfficeAlly.

In retrospect I would have looked more seriously into Athena. I notice a lot of the bigger psych practices use this. I didn't because I thought they didn't really specialize in psych. But the grass is always greener on the other side so it's hard to say.

It will be really hard for us to ever switch (or expensive) because the license needs to be paid for all up front.

The other really important negative is that deployment is NOT smooth. We were fortunate in that we were chugging along with other software and in no rush to deploy InSync. I worked on setting it up and tested it on just myself/my patients until we were sure that it was all working smoothly, then we added the other providers. This took months. Deploying too early could be disastrous.

Pros

+ Financial reports extensive (I can't emphasize enough how helpful this is)
+ Easy to communicate between clinicians
+ HIPAA Zoom integration
+ Practice Management generally seems to work well/fewer glitches on that side compared to the EMR, just a few flaws like how the balance shows up in the patient portal can be confusing for patients
+ Works well for group practice workflow
+ Has all the necessary add ons in one system (and more!) - this is great!
+ Customer service very responsive about 2/3rds of the time, available by phone and email
+ After the first 6 months or so, almost all the glitches are ironed out
+ It is very customizable in every way (forms, note templates, appt reminders, calendar format, html name, really everything about it)
+ PDMP integration is awesome

Cons

- No Google Cal integration (DrChrono offered this)
- Patient Portal can be glitchy
- Deployment does not go smoothly at all
- Appointment reminders are per-text/per-email and thus very expensive compared to other programs
- All the add-ons end up cost a lot per month (claim submission, HIPAA Zoom, etc, even though we own the license we still pay quite a bit per month per provider/higher than what they estimate)
- Would not be financially practical for a psychotherapist account but would need to purchase one if we hired one/there is not a cheaper option for therapists vs. psychiatry
- Overall had to deal with a ton of glitches for the first 6 months or so before the system ironed out
- For transgender clients who use a non-legal name, there is not a good way to use their preferred name as the primary name in the patient portal
- Some aspects of reporting are time consuming (e.g. if you make a specific patient category you need to add each patient individually, can't add based on "all patients in XYZ state or all patients with XYZ insurance")
- No way of verifying identity with the identity question quiz thing/need to have clients upload a photo of their ID which seems low tech in today's day and age
- Generally the interface looks kind of old
- Server is noticeably slower than other websites
- Although the purchasing license up front seems like a good thing, in retrospect I don't think it is because you end up paying a lot per month for all the add-on features

Kareo Billing, DrChrono, athenaOne and EHR 24/7

Reasons for Choosing InSync by Qualifacts

We are two individual NPs who formed a group practice with 5 providers and needed a software with more extensive practice management and more features geared toward group practice.

Luminello and SimplePractice

Reasons for Switching to InSync by Qualifacts

Reviews on Capterra, did a lot of demos

Top InSync by Qualifacts Alternatives

PsychConsult Provider

Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Anna

Reviewed on 10/10/2022

REview

claims from insurance companies are being paid faster and we are able to utilize the functions to verify insurance catching potential problems early.

Pros

Integration and implentation was never going to be easy, but we were assigned a terrible implemntation specialist, Ricky. Once we changed to Ross, it was better. We have been very pleased with his support and it made our experience much better.

Cons

As a more complex practice with many layers of services, the coding does not meet our needs. Even with the help of many team members, our invoices are still incorrect and our payers are not pleased with the changes. Mostly, we need a way to track the invoices with a number specific to that service.

TherapyNotes, My Clients Plus and Jane

Reasons for Choosing InSync by Qualifacts

We needed a way to bring EHR and invoicing under one application for both sides of our business.

SimplePractice and Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to InSync by Qualifacts

At the time, our salesperson made it seem like it was going to solve all of our problems. It has not.
Jessica

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

Extremely satisfied with InSync

Working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been fantastic! They are extremely accommodating and helpful. They have always made themselves available to answer any questions I may have during implementation. Anybody working with them will know they are in good hands.

Pros

InSync is easy to use. It is adaptable and uniquely implemented for our specific workflows. It has met all of our needs and is a significant, positive change from our old system.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I like least about the software.

Jill
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 06/01/2023

Nonprofit review

We believe once we are up and running, we are going to be satisfied, but the implementation has been overwhelming to our non-profit staff who are not IT individuals, and who already have our plates full. This project has been something that has been overwhelming to staff.

Pros

Like the Customer Service. Enjoy their swift availability and professionalism, as well as helpfulness

Cons

Implementation has been difficult at points. While customer service is available, we have had some areas where trainers conflicted on information provided, and we felt less ready for "go live" than what we would have preferred. Honestly, I feel if you could send a trainer out to a site, in person :) that it would be much more efficient implementing, as they would understand us better, and could physically assist in creating and training as per our specific needs.

Robert

Reviewed on 06/01/2023

New EHR Horizon

Clinical charting, tying together all the charting elements in a cohesive whole.

Pros

The EMAR is stellar. We are quite ted by the charting features and treatment planning capacity. overall clinical capacity of the program

Cons

A bit dissappointed by the reporting capacity of the product for specialized reporting.

myEvolv, CareLogic and Kipu

Reasons for Choosing InSync by Qualifacts

Felt the product would not grow with us. Would not meet our future needs.

Pricing, usability, features.
Oana

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

This product is a great fit for our practice, I definitely recommend it!

The software makes daily operations a lot easier and more efficient.All of our users can have their own custom layout.Wonderful experience with our implementation specialist.

Pros

Highly customizable product, covers all basis, great customer service,

Cons

I wish we could spend more time with the trainer.

Channa

Reviewed on 12/01/2023

EMR Transition

Excellent support

Pros

Customer Care , customizable features, Various options and abilities

Cons

Length of time to implement to begin usage

Jill

Reviewed on 19/01/2023

User Friendly Comprehensive Software

The customer service from InSync staff has been exceptional. I have never experienced the level of support provided to me and my staff by a software company.

Pros

The fully integrated system allows for one software to complete multiple functions with ease and accuracy.

Cons

It would be nice if some of the assessment tools would be set up to auto populate the results (i.e. low risk, medium, high risk).

Lindsay

Reviewed on 29/07/2020

Psychology and Counseling Center - Insync Review: Billing and Scheduling

While the beginning parts were rocky, overall, our office is very happy with the program. We have seen an improvement in workflow as well as in revenue.

Pros

The product makes workflow easy and provides accurate information for the user quickly and clearly. There are a lot of little things that Insync's product provides that make it easier to function.
Billing: Having a large billing team is wonderful. The billing team is able to get claims out quickly and properly.
Communication: The communication between IT, service, and billing department and the client is outstanding. It enables our office to troubleshoot small and large issues in a timely manner and creates a more smooth and profitable outcome for our business and providers.

Cons

The initial learning curve with the product was extremely difficult. We had great assistance from the onboarding team; however, due to all of the 'bells and whistles" it made it quite difficult to learn.
Eligibility: Our office pays for Eligibility which is great because it shows us real time if the patient's insurance is active. Unfortunately, benefits for mental health are not shown on this portal. It would be wonderful if our office and other mental health offices had access to this information as it would save hours of time for the office as we still have to verify benefits for new patients who come in and existing patients who have insurance changes.

wendy

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Integrative Health Consultants

I was happy for the most part that we were still able to manage in the middle of a pandemic and execute everything as best as we could. That being said, I was very disappointed with the fact that we were not able to have a smooth transition with the medical record data migration. The entire implementation team knew we were coming from "Therapy Notes" product. Yet you had no "work around" for a smoother migration. Once the patient data was moved, it seemed as though we were left to figure out a process. But in all honesty, if I had to build a spreadsheet and download data, and upload file to spreadsheet, why bother? I may as well just upload it directly into the new system myself. To send it to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Insync would have basically added to the process.

I find it hard to believe that we are your only clients that have had such an issue. We aren't the only ones that have worked with Therapy notes prior to InSync. So the fact that your team doesn't have additional support or a better way to go about the process other than building a spreadsheet, surprises me.

Although I am considered a super user, I am still not very confident in what I am doing. I am however willing to follow prompts and troubleshoot as necessary.

Pros

I loved that most everything is customizable per the user. Anything that we needed as an organization could also be accommodated or was something we were told we could see in the future.

Cons

From my perspective (not very tech savvy) I was confident I could learn how to use the system pretty easily. However, It's quite a maze trying to learn where to go to get started when you need to configure something diferently. It's like we need to assume what we are supposed to search for in the search bar.

It seems some things save or revert to a default status or populated for me. When we upload documents to the doc manager, the clinician is auto populated from the prior time it was used. It has also done this in other places within the system. It should clear once we save the doc. etc.

Davey

Reviewed on 20/05/2020

Customizable software for practices that operate differently from the rest!

Our overall experience with InSync was great! There were much fewer "disconnects" between what the sales team promised and what was actually delivered than we expected. Their company is highly organized and the process from sales to use was very transparent. In the areas where the software fell short, their team was able to provide a workaround for our practice in the short-term while their development team was notified to make long-term adjustments. The implementation process happened in the midst of the COVID-19 outbreak. Which for us meant moving our on-site implementation to virtual. With that being said, InSync was still able to provide a good implementation for our practice all through Zoom calls - which further speaks to how well trained and adaptable their staff is.

Pros

- EHR module for mental/behavioral health services is very comprehensive and comes with the ability to automatically integrate patient responses on forms and normed tools right into your notes.
- All of the reports are very comprehensive and export to excel with filters already built-in. You can get information as granularly as you need.
- Generally, most aspects of the software are highly customizable.
- Support and Implementation teams are highly accessible and responsive.
- The development team seems to make rapid improvements and feature requests.

Cons

- In addition to behavioral health, our practice also offers Speech, Occupational, and Physical Therapy services. Many of our patients are receiving services from multiple disciplines. Where this software excels on the behavioral health part of the EHR, it falls short for our other services. It does not have built-in templates/graphs for evaluations of the Allied Health disciplines and InSync does not have clinical professionals on their staff that really understand the clinical work-flow for those services which can make setup and implementation a challenge. We've also found that clinical goals can get shared across providers of different disciplines which can cause the note-taking process to be more cumbersome than necessary.
- As this software is customizable you must "purchase" licenses for use. If you are a practice that has a fluctuating number of physicians, the process to get licenses for providers is over-kill.
- With a high-level of customization comes many menus and places where changes can be made or things can be found (or lost). For many people, getting around the software is not as intuitive as others we've seen.

WebPT, AdvancedMD EHR and Kareo Clinical

Reasons for Choosing InSync by Qualifacts

NueMD was acquired by AdvancedMD and was no longer being supported. While AdvancedMD offered to move us to their software, we found that it was not a good fit for our organization.

NueMD

Reasons for Switching to InSync by Qualifacts

InSync provided better or similar solutions for our group than all other products for the same or not much more cost. Cheaper software solutions did not provide us with the tools needed for our practice to be successful.
Kelly

Reviewed on 05/08/2020

Outstanding Development and Implementation

The different stages I have been in with InSync has far exceeded my expectations. The team I have worked with from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] everyone has been not just patient and kind, but knowledgeable and helpful. The customer service alone would keep me with InSync, but the actual product is easy for all of our different types of workers from the more technologically hesitant to those who are more fluent in different EHRs. I was hesitant to change EHRs because I know how extensive the transition can be but I have to say it has gone much much better than I would have ever thought!

Pros

I have had to change systems before just a few years ago and the development and implementation team we worked with for InSync was beyond phenomenal. Not just knowledgeable but really eager to make the system work for us instead of just getting it implemented. We had some big changes for our organization in the middle of it and the InSync team came to us with not just a ton of positivity but with solutions and suggestions to our concerns. Phenomenal team.

Cons

I am currently at a point where I am finding very little that I dislike about the program. There is always the minor hiccup here and there finding things we thought we created right but needing to adjust and that really just comes with any system.

Valant EHR Suite

Reasons for Choosing InSync by Qualifacts

We needed an EHR with a better flow in day to day use, less builds upon builds, and faster resolutions to issues. We were combining two states for the first time and the options we had in InSync would far exceed what we had in MyEvolv.

Reasons for Switching to InSync by Qualifacts

Pricing obviously is always key for a smaller non-profit organization. The ease of the system, it is intuitive and is an every flowing system, not waiting for more builds to be stacked on top of each other to work. The hope for faster response times on problems with the system and also the ability to use the system easily on any browser, the client portal and the overall team we were dealing with.
Lisa

Reviewed on 09/08/2022

Increase anxiety while attempting to "make this system" applicable to a speech therapy...

NOT GREAT but appears to getting better AFTER our GO LIVE date.

Pros

Potential future functionality and ability to make some forms customizable after enhancements.

Cons

Misleading advertisement of this system and the ability to configure for our specific needs.

Raintree Systems and Kareo Clinical

Reasons for Choosing InSync by Qualifacts

ClinicSource was outdated with limited personalization to our practice.

ClinicSource

Reasons for Switching to InSync by Qualifacts

We were sold on a product that could be customized to our practice. While this is true, for a very small amount of our dynamic forms which we built ourselves this was not true for parts of the system which were preconfigured. Very convincing sales person and initial implementation specialists (which are no longer with the company). Our current implementation specialist is fantastic and knowledgeable. He has gone above and beyond to help us out of a very detrimental situation for our practice.
June

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

InSync Healthcare Solutions Review

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] was an awesome person to work with throughout the process. He was always willing to answer the many questions that I had while developing this software for our company. He provided input in order to simplify many of the notes which were being developed. I can not say enough positive things about [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. I feel that [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was always available to answer my questions even if we just had a meeting. He was always willing to have other meetings with just myself if needed to ensure that I was understanding everything which was going on through the implementation process.

Pros

1. The ability to run individual reports on every staff member,
2. The way it alerts the supervisors which notes they are personally responsible to sign off on.
3, The way the software is developed allows the agency to remain in complaint on all standards.

Cons

1. The inability to personalize each tab given the individual notes.
2. The number of tabs it takes to complete each note.
3. The insurance verification doesn't always match what is listed in MITS.
4. The length of time it takes for the members who have been now assigned to us to get back with me regarding questions.

Jacqueline

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

Insync; RCM and overall experience.

Overall, InSync is user friendly and has various features that will be beneficial to our practice. The implementation process itself has been great mostly because of the individuals that have been working diligently to ensure our success. I would like to acknowledge [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with the RCM team. From the very first moment I met [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], I knew that we were in good hands. She is solution-focused, results driven and has excellent interpersonal skills. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is extremely knowledgeable yet compassionate with her approach. She welcomes all questions and has consistently made our practice feel like a priority. It is a breath of fresh air to work with someone that not only understands their role, but can also validate, empower, and offer solutions to enhance process flows. We are extremely grateful to have her as a part of our team!

Pros

The dashboard, shortcuts and reporting are some of our best features in InSync. We also like that the system is customizable and we have been able to enhance some of our documentation. The implementation team has great to work with and has been easily accessible for questions unlike our previous provider.

Cons

The calendar feature in InSync is our least favorite function. We also hope that one day InSync will have it's own app so that therapists can easily access their clients for the day.

Ariel
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 24/02/2022

New to Insync

Implementation Specialists are very helpful, on-site trainer was superb, he was very knowledgeable about the system and able to fix issues, input information and customize how we use the service on the spot in most cases

Pros

The ability to customize our workflow and complete a lot of reporting that we use to do manually, and allow our patient communication to have an electronic component.

Cons

We are unable to utilize the eligibility features, some needed workflow processes are not yet available in the system

TherapyNotes and Sharenote

Reasons for Choosing InSync by Qualifacts

Insync allowed us to house both our PRP program and OMHC program in one system that could accommodate the workflow for both programs.

PIMSY Mental Health EHR and ICANotes

Reasons for Switching to InSync by Qualifacts

Insync was the only product that allowed us to fully customize the work flow to allow both programs to work with each other
anne

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Insync

I've been impressed with the quick response time to questions or problems I run across within the system.
The implementation team was top-notch [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

Insync has multiple features not found in other products. The patient portal has been very helpful in communicating with patients, allowing them to schedule their appointments and sign releases.

Cons

Difficult at first to navigate. Fortunately, the support team replied promptly to every problem I ran across or question I had. For someone that is electronically inclined, I'm sure this product can do far more then what I am currently using it for.

TheraNest and Kareo Clinical

Reasons for Switching to InSync by Qualifacts

Insync was recommended by another business owner. Price was more reasonable then most of the products I reviewed.
Dalene

Reviewed on 20/10/2021

Great

Great Implement program. The training is great. The trainers are very patient and great to work with. Overall, the time that is being saved from working with InSync is great, and makes up for the cost of the program.

Pros

It is web based so we can use it any office and at home. Everything we need for the practice is all in one place.

Cons

The wording that is used in the software was a little hard to get used to at first. Takes some time to understand and use all that it offers.

TherapyNotes, SimplePractice and TheraNest

Reasons for Choosing InSync by Qualifacts

Needed better web base, with better customer support. Insync offered more services for what we needed.

TheraNest

Reasons for Switching to InSync by Qualifacts

Just a better software over all for the cost. Theranest charged us way to much even before going live with them.
Sondra

Reviewed on 09/12/2020

Carbon County Counseling Center

I have to say that all of my interactions with InSync and the various staff that I dealt with were very pleasant to work with and very helpful. Our Implementation Specialist and Trainer,[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was awesome to work with. He was always willing to help in any way and was patient when we needed clarification on something more than once. He was really helpful in helping brainstorm different things that might be helpful to our agency, since I wasn't getting much feedback from my staff. He was very knowledgeable about the system. If there was something that he couldn't do or wasn't sure about, he was quick to get right on addressing the issue/question/concern. This helped us to continue to move forward in the process. He also did a really great job about following up with us and helping us work out some kinks that came up after we went live.

Pros

I liked that this software was fairly easy to navigate. It is also easy to make modification and changes to various aspects of the system, so that it can grow with us and be molded to fit our needs as our needs change. I also like the fact that it is internet based, so that we aren't limited to access and staff can get caught up on their work or can work from home if the need arises, particularly with the COVID-19 pandemic. I also like the fact that the system seems to capture more information and helps provide a clearer picture of what our clients needs and progress are. I also like how easy it is to create forms to add to our system, so that we can transition to a completely paperless system. I also love the fact that you have videos to show how to do certain tasks in the system. It made my life a lot easier when it came to learning the system and training the staff. It is also nice to go back and get a refresher if it is something that we don't do every day.

Cons

We did have some difficulty with integrating the software into our agency, but I don't really think that had anything to do with the software. I think that it was more of a reluctance of some staff to learn a new system and being kind of set in their ways. I also think that we could have customized things so much more if I would have received feedback from my clinical staff. I have since learned of so many other options that we had available to us, as we have merged with a different agency (High Country Behavioral Health) and I have seen how differently they are set up. Like I said though, I don't think this had anything to do with the software, more the individuals that were going to be using it and that I needed feedback from.

Some of the videos were a little outdate, because updates had been made. Some individuals had some difficulty with that. I still really like that you guys had that option.

Reviewed on 16/05/2021

Mixed Batch

Overall it has often felt like smoke and mirrors on many occasions. We greatly appreciate the support of our Account Manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and really loved [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]; however, the sales team really sold us on all the support that we will obtain and then after changing Account Managers after starting and having to ask really pointed questions we only over the last two months are crystal clear on what InSync/RCM will and won't do and we specifically told the sales team that we did not have any billing team or any front office staff to support us and we were told not a problem "we do it all from nuts to bolts." As a result of this misled information we are now paying for additional support staff that we previously did not have because it is clear that InSync/RCM does not "do it all."
The amount of changes mid-stream that we have had (i.e., our software wasn't set up for onboarding, the person who trained us left the day of our training, you switched our Account Manager after 2 months of onboarding us, we lost our auth specialist, we were never fully trained on all the reporting available, and we weren't fully trained on the Issues log) happen has been very disconcerting. It makes us wonder if the business model at InSync/RCM is truly focused on supporting the businesses they are set to support or they are focused on only their business model. This all has left us wondering if we made the right choice.

Pros

The basic use of the product in providing and generating progress notes and an assessment are easy to use; however, the actual nuts and bolts of what can be done and all the workflow specifics of what support can provide the user was not a known reality to our group.
We really like that for those bills that are straight forward and clean that we are seeing a return pretty quickly. We love the fact that the software can be versatile and provide us data points as long as you know how to select all the specific fields to generate the report.

Cons

We find obtaining data reports quite difficult because there are so many specific items that must be set up in the individual reports it is hard to use in that way. Given that our set up was botched and then our training was limited thereafter it led to us finding 8 months later that we were not closing loops on our claims which has led to a great deal of financial loss. I think the biggest concern is that the sales team really misspoke when they said that we were all fine and that the billing team will do it all for us. That resonates in my mind almost weekly as we continue to slough through billing issues that were made in the beginning. Equally, that the person who was to do our set up and have us ready did not have our system set up which greatly delayed our onboarding and vastly changed our system and created a lack of trust from the onset. Outside of that the fact that our Account Managers changed before we were fully onboarded caused us to struggle with the Issues Log down the road as well. Presently our additional issue is that we have not been able to easily identify where our total issues log items reside to follow up with a "click of a button" like the sales team said would happen. Another concern is that in trying to set up a customizable report by meeting with our support team three times has led to more concern that those that write the custom reports do not understand what the user wants regardless of how we explain it.

Jeffrey

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Very very good EMR

I am able to now say to the government that I have an EMR that is certified for MIPS and the other current government requirements, which will allow me to avoid penalties in the future.

Pros

It is cloud based so I don't have to go in after hours to do constant "updates" like I used to on my old EMR. THe presentation of the screens appear professional and the notes are laid out in a professional appearing fashion. I like the lab interface as well and the patient portal is very nice.

Cons

The templates are not as robust as what I am used to. THey only allow you to save pre-clicks in the physical exam templates and I really miss it in the Review of Systems. The medication/allergy modules are a third party and don't interface seemlessly with the software. For instance, if a pharmacy sends me a request for a refill on Joe Smith, I can't just click on Joe SMith's name and be brought to the refill screen automatically. I have to log out of the pharmacy screen, search for the patient's name in the EMR, navigate back to the medicine module, search for the medicine that they requested and THEN finally refill it. This is very inefficient. If the pharmacy is requesting medicine XYZ for Joe Smith, we should be able to be brought to the refill of XYZ on Joe Smith with literally one click and no typing of names. I think they are working on fixing this so I am hopeful it will improve soon.

Melanie

Reviewed on 15/08/2022

Efficient and Customizable Medical Records System

The extensive process that we went through, from the introduction of our workflow to the final rollout was comprehensive and exceptional. The Clinical Implementation specialists were thorough, patient, and knew the inSync system inside and out. Because of this high level of familiarity with their product, they were able to cater to our needs extremely well and to help us create a product that worked best for our company. In addition, they were able to train our staff to a level where we are now able to create our own custom and clinical forms should the need arise and to independently configure the system to our needs.

Pros

We are a pediatric therapy clinic that has had our own medical record system and way of doing things for years. The inSync software supported the vast majority of what we needed in our documentation system and we were able to integrate our needs into their system very well. If it was not a feature that inSync had an established system for, they worked quickly to find a workaround or to create that feature in their system. The end result was a more efficient and customized system than we had previously been using.

Cons

I can't speak to the scheduling aspect of the system as I am involved primarily on the clinical documentation side. It is my understanding that some of the aspects of the scheduler were not initially as efficient as hoped for a multi-clinic location. However, I also believe that these concerns were immediately addressed and modifications have already been put in place.

ClinicSource
Richard

Reviewed on 03/08/2016

A great choice with great functionality

We have had InSync since 2013 and have been able to effectively use the software as promised. They are continually evolving and we are growing our practice, and they are very responsive to any suggestions or questions we have.

Pros

The company is very helpful and understanding of our needs and is able to accommodate our requests. The software is web-based, so there isn't anything that is stored locally and nothing that needs to be installed. The automated calls and texts, integration of the patient portal, medication management and insurance eligibility checks are great to have. The Meaningful Use helpdesk staff is a great asset and has helped our practice meet MU criteria and receive our payments. They can also help in case of an audit.

Cons

Cannot scan directly into the EMR, but they are working on it.