About Arlo

Arlo is a cloud-based training and event management platform designed to help users promote, sell and deliver courses and events. Arlo helps users automate manual processes by providing scheduling, automatic communication, custom...

Browse Arlo Reviews

Jeffrey M. Jeffrey M.

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

Training is Insufficient.

When I get someone they are great! However the onboarding has been a nightmare. It has been an almost entirely self study and self learning experience. I paid for premium set up and since asked to purchase 6 additional hours to help set this up with NO response. Here in the US the time difference has been a MAJOR set back causing concerns when the site goes live.

Pros

Seems very powerful. But the set up is too difficult to know. I like the idea of managing all my users.

Cons

Integration was over sold. I teach mostly webinars and self study courses. The Arlo software claims of intergradation with Moodle, GoToWebinar and Zoom sold me. Turns out none of these work well. I am left manually entering and transferring information with both Zoom and GoToWebinar. Theses platforms don't integrate with any real benefit. Moodle required me to hire a third party to install and manage the plug in. After spending almost $14K with Arlo set up I was still hit with another $1k for Moodle!

Response from Arlo

Hi Jeffrey, thank you for your honest review. We've looked over our logs and agree that your onboarding experience was not satisfactory. Please accept our apologies.

You joined us at a time where we were experiencing unprecedented growth and we didn't have enough staff to deal with it. Since then, we've hired additional support, onboarding, and website integration staff across our three offices (APAC, United Kingdom, and North America) to support customers in any time zone.

We're also planning to launch the next generation of our Zoom integration this quarter, which includes support for unique Zoom registration links and attendance synchronization back into Arlo. This should eliminate any remaining manual processes.

Thanks for sticking with us!

Replied 04/08/2021
Fiona Q. Fiona Q.
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Seamless integration

Pros

Arlo is intuitive and user-friendly. I have no hesitation in recommending this product having spent almost two years enjoying this system. The support that Arlo provides is second to none.

Cons

I have no gripes, therefore unable to think of anything that I liked least about the software.

Response from Arlo

Thank you Fiona - We really appreciate the review and it's a pleasure having you onboard! Our team work hard to make Arlo as intuitive and user-friendly as possible. It, therefore, means a lot to hear our work makes a difference to you. Please reach out if there is anything else we can do.

Replied 29/08/2019
Bridget K. Bridget K.

Reviewed on 31/03/2017

Great Software for Short Course Provider

For the past five years, I have used Arlo to help me organize an Adult Community Education Programme which attracted 1100 enrolments and delivered around 110 courses each year. I found the Arlo software was brilliant it reduced administration time significantly. Features I especially liked were the facility for students to pay for courses by credit card and automated receipts, course directions and course reminders. I found it easy to insert text and photos onto my website which was fantastic. A very important plus was that the help desk responded quickly when I needed to ask a question. My business is closing now - this is the only reason I am ceasing to use Arlo. I highly recommend Arlo to other education providers.

Pros

It reduced my administration time significantly.

Cons

It would have been good if I could have inserted videos. I was on the "Basic" plan. Not sure if other plans have this functionality.

Top Arlo Alternatives

Alice H. Alice H.

Reviewed on 02/10/2017

My non-profit uses Arlo for event management for our camps and training events. It is great!

Pros

I really like the way they are always adding new features to the software. I love the integration with Xero and the simple processes for managing your events. As we do lots of different types of events, the flexibility to create your own fields & and reports is so helpful. The customer support is amazing, we have the email support package - which usually means someone from Asia emails you back a week later. No - at Arlo, New Zealand based staff answer the same day. They are really helpful with 'how to do this' queries - not just bug support.

Cons

The price - but I think that it does save on lots of admin time. It would be nice if it connected to Flo2Cash.

Richard R. Richard R.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Arlo Event Management Software is Great!

The Arlo software is great but we have not integrated it with some of our other internal software used for accounting within the business. This means we have a bit more manual work to ensure the flexibility and changes of Arlo are feedback in to the systems. This process really shows up how the other software lags behind Arlo!

Pros

It is easy and straightforward to use and continues to evolve and develop more and more functionality! It does exactly what we want and we can change things in there easily to suit our needs.

Cons

It was not previously integrated with our website but we have since changed over to an Arlo website which has made this so much easier and the new website looks much better too!

Mandy C. Mandy C.

Reviewed on 21/03/2017

Outstanding Service from Arlo

We have been integrated various websites with Arlo lately and the support team are very helpful whenever I contact them. Get things Done!
Mandy Curtis - IVS Marketing Manager

Pros

Easy to integrate with various website platforms. The support staff (Arlo Developer who we have been dealing with) looks outside the box to come up with solutions.
Dashboard is great for a quick overview, things are easy to find. Reports provide valuable information and are easy to use. Love how it integrates easily with Survey Monkey and Mailchimp which we use regularly.

Cons

Nothing

Jean B. Jean B.

Reviewed on 06/09/2017

User friendly, very convenient and caters all the requirements of what a booking system should...

Pros

Able to pull out all the registrant details in one excel sheet, no need for me to click one by one or going back and forth just to see the details i'm looking for. Everything are pretty straight forward.

Cons

when sending payment links, it only shows the email subject e.g. "Payment of ORD 123", the course name is not included on the subject heading that sometimes registrant has to come back at me and ask what is it for, esp for those who couldn't remember about it. Im not sure if there's an option to change/edit it, will appreciate if you could show me how to do that :)

Bentley B. Bentley B.

Reviewed on 03/05/2017

Very user friendly. Easy to use tools. Constant upgrades to improve product Up-time, 100%

More time to spend on the real work of managing our training products, people and other resources.

Pros

Has reduced my time in scheduling and avoiding scheduling conflicts in resources (people, training rooms, etc.) I really like the import of Excel CSV to facilitate large group registrations and or multiple corporate registrations.

Karen T. Karen T.

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

Great software package

Pros

I like the fact that Arlo is a "one-stop-shop" for training management. Arlo are always providing updates and enhancements and this makes it a continually improving tool that has an increasing number of uses in our business. We would not be without it!

Eloise O. Eloise O.
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 28/09/2017

Does everything we need!

An easier workflow.
Some features are not needed for our certain area so it can on occasion be over crowded. However these features are commonly used by other people.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and all the features are well suited for our needs. It really helps when you can set up a course in 5 minutes, especially if you have 250 a year! It is also extremely easy to pull reports for finance and stats.

Kylie A. Kylie A.

Reviewed on 05/10/2017

Great product and fantastic for managing our first aid courses.

Booking all of our first aid courses etc, makes it super easy.

Pros

Ease of use, dashboard that shows everything at a glimpse, fast for booking first aid attendees, great for capturing details.

Cons

Online support isn't great probably because of terminology, but we do love the live support, always helpful and answer any questions we have.

Sarah M. Sarah M.

Reviewed on 30/09/2017

Great support with real people. User friendly software.

Ease of use, no need to take manual bookings any longer.
Prompt support/customer service.

Pros

Intuitive to use.
Can replicate courses rather than starting from scratch with entering details

Cons

Search options are limited (eg no postcode search option available).
Users see how many spaces are still available in each course - which does not create a sense of urgency for them to book (eg it says '10 places remaining', rather than 'nearly full').

Patricia M. Patricia M.

Reviewed on 04/04/2017

Powerful tools Get the job done!

I spend less time mentally managing the processes. ARLO makes it a breeze to schedule events and assigning our trainers, track courses and reschedule events. Quoting and invoicing is simpler and best communication tools. Free up time to focus on selling and doing what really matters- getting things done!
Your experts always support with urgency and service delivery is your top priority!

Pros

Ease of use and flexible

Cons

Archiving should hide old/ cancelled events and only view current or new events - templates

Kendal R. Kendal R.

Reviewed on 29/05/2017

User friendly, features easy to use. A few upgrades in some areas would be useful.

Pros

Tasks make it easy to manage daily operations and account for what has and hasn't been done. The ability to correspond with clients via email regarding upcoming training.

Cons

Inquired about some features that are still in the pipeline. If these are commissioned it would be beneficial on our end.

Mark M. Mark M.

Reviewed on 20/03/2017

Arlo - Better Late than Never

We had been looking around for a new booking and CRM system for our IT training business for just on 3 years. We tried getting some `high-end' options customised but consultants just couldn't get it right, and they took too long to respond. And then along came Arlo! Had first contact with them one month, told them what we wanted, and the next month we were up and running. Plus, any little changes or customisations we wanted were done without any fuss. Thanks Arlo, you saved my bacon! And, they're nice, friendly people too!!

Pros

Does a lot of great things automatically to save time. Most of the info is all in one place.

Cons

Inability to attach manually sent and received Outlook emails to the contact record. However I hear they're working on it.

Fiona H. Fiona H.

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

Excellent

Pros

The software is easy to use. It was easily modified to suit our company's needs. It is very user-friendly.

Amy O. Amy O.

Reviewed on 29/05/2017

Easy to use, great functionality for a training organization.

Being able to complete tasks in a timely manner.

Pros

Excellent support, ease of use for account managers of a training organization.
Great functionality. Easy to navigate.

Cons

More breakdowns of reporting. IE; An account manager just wants one report regarding closed sales for a week.

Mireille K. Mireille K.

Reviewed on 12/07/2018

great experience with ARLO. works for events and is a valuable resource to our business.

Pros

easy to use and effective communication tool to clients, that we can rely on. ARLO has saved our business.

Cons

need application functionality for events because we run events that have application forms and criteria to apply for.

Libby C. Libby C.

Reviewed on 24/05/2017

So easy to use and has made a big difference in our business

Pros

That it syncs easily with our website. That our members can easily book for events. That the help desk is readily available and always helpful.

Cons

Sometimes putting up multiple events can cause problems. However, is there is a problem Arlo are really quick to help out.

Martin A. Martin A.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016

Best all round team and servicer

After struggling for 4 years and nearly losing hope in my research study and the social enterprise we had started at King Georges hospital and at the LSBU. I remember the morning in December when I found Arlo stayed up all night to speak to Cathy. Looking at its structure its capabilities I knew it will blend in well with the team.

Then the magic happen. I knew we had the team the elements of doing something good. Now we are dynamitic. Reviews, customer services, client feedback 100/10.

Arlo is totally all-round with the key elements in what we do it has been a joy. Its that good we are moving on to our second product.

The team Jarrod, Cathy, Chris and o yes Tim , we all call him here in the UK all round supper stars.

Beth M. Beth M.

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

Recently started using Arlo and so far have found it very easy to use.

Pros

We have only started using this package recently and have found it very easy to use, much clearer to see customers and course than our previous package.

Cons

I haven't come across any issues so far, it would be handy to have the ability to add more users that can see but not change information, ie sales reps.

Nigel S. Nigel S.

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

Arlo is without a doubt the best training software i have ever used!

Pros

It is a highly intuitive and easy to use package that supports our business needs immeasurably. I like the ease with which i can attach notes and other files. As someone who has only been using it for 3 months it was very easy to learn to use with little training.

Karen G. Karen G.

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

Arlo for Education course management

Pros

Ease of getting around once you are familiar with the layout

Cons

ability to write in the Management option

Laura H. Laura H.

Reviewed on 07/04/2016

Great Software

We run over 250+ courses a year, Arlo makes this a breeze. It was a big decision to operate our entire business from one application but Arlo has given me confidence.
More recently, we have started to use Arlo for other events such as the School show and Maori and Pasifika Evening. Going forward, our usage is expected to increase.
The team at Arlo have been amazing, especially the support team who always turn the impossible into possible.

Virna J. Virna J.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 11/09/2021

Arlo at Home

Pros

We have three Arlo cameras that capture activity around our home. It has proven useful to see a thief come into our yard to steal our trailer.

Cons

The only downside is that it does not capture sounds.