Rydoo Reviews

About Rydoo

Rydoo is a smart expense management solution that brings greater convenience, control and compliance to the expense reporting process. Rydoo offers an intuitive mobile & web app where employees are able to create, submit and...

4.1

Browse Rydoo Reviews

GARY
GARY
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

this works great to keep track of expenses

Pros

The ease to snap a pic and have the receipt recorded. Also to be able to not have to save receipte in an envelope or pocket - no more lost receipts.

Cons

Sometimes it does not auto read the receipt . Also, if the pic is taken in low light it doesn't recognize it. It also reads the first line as the business name - sometimes that's not the case.

Marsha
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 19/03/2019

Next Steps with Rydoo

It has taken 2 years to fully integrate Rydoo at our Organization due to Smart Phone challenged users. Now that all employees are using the platform, it runs very well. Those who utilize Apps especially love the platform.

Pros

The App is extremely easy to use. If you can use an App, you can easily migrate to using this software. The travel features are a great upgrade.

Because the receipts are in the cloud, you can quickly run reports for tax/audit purposes providing ample evidence for auditors.

Cons

File maintenance is cumbersome for users with accounting and controller privileges. You can contact Support but you really should be able to do on your own.

Juhani
Juhani
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 12/02/2020

Caution for fraudulent cancellation policy

Pros

I tried to use Rydoo and its predecessor Xpenditure a long time for handling the company receipts. I never got it to work very well, and moved to another system. The cancellation procedure was awful, and I believe it tells a lot about Rydoo's company culture and practices.

Cons

What made the experience exceptionally bad, was that their cancellation procedure easily tricks you to to put the account into a "read-only" mode, instead of deleting it all together. Even though you get a confirmation on the screen, they don't send the confirmation by email, and will charge additional amount for the "read-only" mode. This charge is not described in a contract or terms and conditions.

Their customer service or even the top management did not want to hear my complaints, and customer service rep was, in a word, impolite in their communications. Because of this, I was forced to dispute the charge with my credit card company, and I felt that I need to write this review to warn others who are considering their services.

Top Rydoo Alternatives

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

Secures Your Travel Expenses in a Smarter Way

Pros

I travel extensively for my work and have a budget allocated for each of my visits. I find it time consuming to type all my expenses on a spreadsheet and was looking for a better alternative. I decided to search for a software that can help me reduce these steps. I found Rydo and this has minimized the amount of work in compiling my expenses. First of all, I take photos of all my paper receipts and gather the electronic ones, then I just upload them all at once. Keeps things simple and makes you work smarter. The best part, is that this software computes the different currencies and simplifies my job. It manages my reimbursements in a timely manner. I am secured that my travel expenses are in good hands.

Cons

My only concern is sometimes the software tends to lag and takes slower than usual. This is a pet peeve especially when you have multiple receipts. I hope they fix this problem.

Tiffany
Tiffany
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Great Expense Software for Road Warriors

Matching doesn’t always match obvious charges it should have to take the extra step of logging in on your computer to help the software match the receipts you have uploaded.

Pros

The mobile app is excellent for scanning and uploading receipts!

Cons

If you are connected to your hotspot scanning and uploading receipts does not work. You have to disconnect to get the app to work as it should.

Yamini
Yamini

Reviewed on 22/11/2018

Manage all your expenses easily

Pros

It recognizes almost all the text from your images whether they are taken from a mobile phone or a webcam and auto-fills all the forms in their correct places. Easiest way to manage all your company expenses.

Cons

Sometimes I have faced issues while using this on my phone as an app. Might be the next updates would resolve this.

Dave
Dave

Reviewed on 23/09/2016

Xpenditure

This app will keep me up to date with my bookkeeping. It allows me to almost instantly upload the photographed receipt from my phone straight into my books. Once there I can edit as necessary and export a categorised report of my expenses.

Pros

Immediate uploading of photographed receipts.

Cons

Doesn't always read the receipt correctly.

Reviewed on 05/09/2016

A few annoying things on set up but good integration

Integrated with FreeAgent and provides a good image and posting service.

Works well. The set up was a bit tiresome and a couple of categories are somehow not working but overall a huge timesaver.

Response from Rydoo

Hi, thank you for your valuable feedback. If you need any help setting up your account, just let us know. We're happy to help!

Replied 07/09/2016
Annetta
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 26/03/2016

Xpenditures

So far, I've been pretty impressed with how automated and "intelligent" the app is in determining merchant, receipt total, date, etc. I looked at several scanners and devices before deciding to give Xpenditures a whirl. I think it's going to free up a lot of my time spent entering data to a spreadsheet.

Pros

That it reads the receipt and can "intelligently" determine merchant, amount, etc. from a picture taken with my phone. I think I'm really going to love using it!

Cons

I haven't done much yet with the reports and such - but a tutorial giving pointers would be helpful in getting started and setting up my system preferences (maybe I missed it??? and it already exists?) I do like having Help Chat available!

Christopher
Christopher

Reviewed on 07/05/2016

Claiming your expenses back is now not so much of a chore

I have only recently started using Xpenditure as a way to store & manage my expenses. Before expenses had to be scanned individually, but with Xpenditure the option to take a photo and have all the hard work done for you has cut the amount of time needed to log expenses at the end of the month. I work in construction and am away on site for the majority of the week, with out access to a computer / scanner, having Xpenditure on my phone enables you to take a photo of your receipt immediately once you made a purchase and log it with out having to worry about carrying the receipt around with you after.

Pros

Usability, accessibility where ever you are, not having to log date/store/etc. manually

Cons

making it easier to save a project heading

FRANK
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

Downhill

This was a great app before Rydoo purchased Expenditure. It has gone downhill with every update since the purchase. I've never seen anything like it. They've turned a good app into absolute junk. I'm switching to another app even though I recently paid for an entire year.

Pros

This used to work great. It uploaded emails and camera shots without issue. Made doing a expense report a piece of cake. I had my entire sales team using it. It's been a steep downhill ride for the last six months. Our entire company is changing, most likely to Concur.

Cons

Will no longer upload emailed receipts. Camera uploads are slow and often are duplicated. The software has a tendency to take the amount before tip, which makes it worse than useful. You have to check every receipt to make sure it uploads correctly.

Martin
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 06/06/2020

Waste of Time!

I've been using this for 3 years ..... like with Microsoft, once in it isn't that easy to get out. But this will be my LAST year! GARBAGE!

Pros

General layout and concept is lean and easy to understand.

Cons

Dysfunctional. Due to architectural design and technical flaws it takes more time to use this system than to do your records manually. I have no idea how they've got such a high rating other than paying for fake reviews! The matching algorithm fails 90% of the time. Receipt scanning misreads dates, amounts and vendors. And technical support is USELESS! Support personnel don't listen to your complain, they just hand you links to useless articles that you already checked. Dealing with support on ongoing issues, they can never get their heads around the actual issue, nor do they seem to actually have any interest in improving the technical glitches and implementing even "easy" efficiency improvements.

Timothy

Reviewed on 21/07/2017

Great Expense Monitoring

Pros

There are several aspects I've come to enjoy about Xpenditure. Customer service is great, easy to understand, expense tracking and much more! Our sales people can upload receipts from anywhere they are located and they've finally become timely. The postage alone will pay for the software.

Cons

The only negative thing I can think of is that the software can run slow at times. Especially concerning the process of taking pics of receipts.

Reviewed on 13/02/2017

Xpenditure: my solution

I have been a fan & user of receipt / expense apps for about 3 years. I have used three different apps, each for long enough to get to know the strengths & weakness(s). Based on daily use, Xpenditure has been the best. I have a small Construction company, do not have a full time bookkeeper, and do a lot of my receipt & expense entry on the fly. Expenditure is simple to use, so you will actually use it, while at the same time, the quality of reporting and data access is very strong. I use it with QuickBooksOnline. Very satisfied!

Pros

ease of use

Cons

none

hares
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 17/06/2016

satisfaction with xpenditure

previously we had to sit long time every month on anlysing the expenses. but now it is just on one click. we can also make advances attributable to individuals and sets off their expenses into that.

Pros

Now we not have to keep piles of expense receipts for future references.
It automatically scans the receipts and post most of the data itself.
it can be access from anywhere.
it helps me categorize expenses.

Jacob
  • Industry: Investment Management

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

Rydoo is the best decision if you want to maintain contact with your partners.

We as a work team are totally satisfied with the results that the App has shown. Rydoo seems to us that it is an application worthy of receiving applause, since it has practically no errors, except for its distortion.

Pros

rydoo has brought us a new version of its already renamed App. rydoo is an excellent video calling application made exclusively for partners and companies, has a very modern and functional interface, and also has a great sound quality.

Cons

It has a single small error that we must emphasize, such as the fact that sometimes the signal is distorted a bit, but that also depends on the frequency of the signal, what we mean is that when making a call it is a little unstable.

Matthew

Reviewed on 31/05/2016

Great so far

I'm really enjoying using this software so far (about 1 month, and 500+ receipts). It's simple, gets things right most of the time, and the customer service is excellent. I travel a lot and have expenses in several currencies. Although it makes a few mistakes and needs a check over, Xpenditure gets it right about 90% of the time without any intervention from me.

There is a 200 receipt per month fair use limit, which when I decided to upload all my receipts, I hit pretty quickly. After the 200 the receipts are put in a queue and were ready the next morning - not too bad all things considered. The staff were quick to alert me to it, when I was asking them other questions, so at least no time was wasted trying to find out what was happening.

The only negative point is I can't seem to find much online documentation - the FAQ are not great for anything detailed and it'd be great to be able to read through some things rather than keep asking the live chat staff (although they are very quick and thorough)

Marco

Reviewed on 03/06/2016

Fantastic tool tracking expenses, but with some technical flaws

I've been using Xpenditure for more than a year now, and it is indeed an amazing piece of software. Considering its costs, it saves me personally at least 50 hours of work a year just in building reports for expenses, both for clients and for accounting.

At a business meeting and buying donuts for all your clients? Take your phone, snap a picture -> BAM, done.

I am slightly dissatisfied with the UI interactions in their website, but I already reported this, so they are aware of some known issues, and gladly collected my feedback.

Their support is friendly, quick, understanding and useful, and that's really something important when things go wrong (it's software, after all) and you need that report for the next day.

The overall experience is good and integrates well with external data, such as bank account transactions, credit card transactions, etc.

I would endorse Xpenditure to every business that needs to track expenses (pretty much every business).

tony
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 14/07/2017

it is a very clear system that provides a lot of easy working and handling

Everything works perfect, it is very easy to use and gives a clear view of the possibilities.

Pros

fast and flexible, clear overview. Good explanation of what to do, in a good time you load your expense notes and get it in the system

Sonya
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 10/07/2016

So far so good

I just joined and am helping a friend with some organization! So far, it's been a great tool! I was looking for a way to organize his many receipts and this seems like it's doing the trick!

Pros

I love being able to upload the pictures of receipts so easily. I tried several programs and found this one worked the best for me. It was much user-friendly than the others.

Cons

I'm still learning how to do it and I can't seem to figure out how to export a report with out like 50 fields. Wish I could choose which fields to export to save time when I get the report downloaded.

Rob

Reviewed on 23/02/2019

Product has issues, customer support is the WORST I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED

Either hire new customer support staff or close your buisness down!

Pros

It would be nice if it worked, but doesnt sync to accounts software so is pointless! If you like wasting time, use Rydoo. It was a lot better when it was xpenditure.

Cons

Customer support does not reply to e-mails unless you send them a HUGE number of follow-ups! The system doesn't work and they just don't reply, and when they do the answers are not useful!

Reviewed on 05/10/2019

Gets the job done

I don't have much control over whether we continue to use this software or pivot to another reimbursement system, but dang that stupid mobile app makes me so mad.

Pros

I love that I can snap a picture of my receipt and open my phone to submit my receipt/ reimbursement request immediately. It's nice to be able to report the spend in the moment so I don't have to worry about keeping the receipt and turning it in when I get back to the office.

Cons

The mobile app SUCKS. It takes so long to load and then the screen will freeze as you type, so you have to type one letter at a time and wait for it to load. That doesn't sound too bad but I promise you when you actually have to sit and wait for every single letter you type to pull up into the comment box it can make your blood boil.

Liszt
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 03/11/2018

Rydoo review

Pros

very useful, it allows me to create my expenses on the fly so that I can forget about the receipts
very good support service, I find it useful

Cons

its mobile application is usually somewhat slow and complicated, it also lacks some features that its web version has, for me it is not so bad it is acceptable it is possible to get something useful I hope it will improve

ingrid

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Poorly managed and maintained system

Pros

Cant say i like very much about this software. there is not very much that makes it different than most other expenses software. app is ok when it updates .

Cons

Does not sync VAT to accounting software so you end up having to process everything twice. Not worth the money . Development /customer service unable to find reasonable solution

Hanif

Reviewed on 03/06/2016

Perfect for Business

From the receipt to submission of the yearly taxes, this one software does it all. Just click a picture of the receipt, choose the category and method of payment, and the rest is taken care of. At the end of the year, all I need to do is run a simple summary and it does all the bookkeeping for me. Summarizes all the yearly expenses in categories, and I simply note the final figure and give it to my accountant. Couldn't be easier. Has made my life that much easier. And if the tax guys need info, all the receipt details and a picture of the receipt are there..... For small businesses, this is a must for making bookkeeping so much easier and organized.