About Collage HR

Collage is a cloud-based human resources (HR) and benefits management platform built for the needs of small and midsize businesses. Collage also digitizes group benefits enrollment and can sync with any insurance provider in...

Browse Collage HR Reviews

Zara A.
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 28/07/2021

Made our HR process way more efficient

Overall, it's been a great time saver and wonderful to have everything in one place.

Pros

I love that it's easy to use for all staff, regardless of their tech capacities. The deployment was seamless and Collage made it really easy with one on one training for admin. It has made things like recruitment, employee data base management and time-off tracking SO much better for our company and diminished so many manual processes before.

Cons

There are not that many cons. There are a few features that would be nice to add - but I am sure they will come as they continue to work on the software.

Humi

Reasons for Switching to Collage HR

I chose Collage because the recruitment feature seemed perfect for our needs and also because it synced with our benefits provider, which was a nice bonus.

Reviewed on 29/05/2018

Basic, but it does the job

Track employee information in one spot! Helps to make onboarding, offboarding and vacation/time off requests easy.

Pros

Good system when it was offered for free. Makes onboarding/offboarding easy with customized email reminders to make the experience seamless. Allows a company to have important information in one spot. Also great for tracking vacation and time-off requests.

Cons

No longer offered for free. Great for small to medium sized companies, but I wouldn't recommend it for a larger company. There are comparable options out there.

Aggie S.

Reviewed on 01/06/2017

Excellent for HR beginners and experts

Way easier to manage employee time off calendars and secure data.

Pros

Ease of use, great features, FREE, fantastic customer support, listens to suggestions, and when they don't have a solution, they always have another suggestion of where to follow.

Cons

I would really love an app to offer for my employees to request time off to make things easier on the go.

Response from Collage

Thanks for the feedback.

Replied 09/06/2017

Top Collage HR Alternatives

Peter J.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 09/07/2021

Comprehensive, user-friendly, responsive.

Easy to use, comprehensive. If you can't figure something out, or make a mistake, support response is quick and comprehensive.

Pros

It has an easy and clear user interface that is really helpful

Cons

Sometimes editing a record seems locked. Have to tackle a couple of times or ask for help.

Natasha S.

Reviewed on 19/10/2017

user friendly, easily accessible anywhere/anytime, great reporting

Pros

I like that its very easy of use and there is a logical flow and sequence to adding or editing information. I also like that it is web based so I can access information anywhere I have an internet connection.

Brian T.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 11/01/2019

Great Support!

Very good. I'd forgotten sure recommend this HR Program. The employees love it :)

Pros

The customer service is awesome. I spoke with 4 separate people and they were allow very patient and helpful.

Cons

All good. There really isn't anything I would change.

Kelly K.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 13/07/2017

Painfully simple features & horrible/rude customer service

Pros

The only pro I can see with this company is that it's free, but you get what you pay for. It's not even worth free.

Cons

First and foremost, their staff are incredibly rude. They will stalk you after signing up, calling multiple locations for which they were not provided contact info, and disrupting our business with these harassing and spammy calls. We have to ask them multiple times to quit calling/messaging us, and they continued to do so endlessly.

The so-called HR 'features' they offer are so bare boned it's laughable. They are just here to stink you into a benefits plan, and I can't even imagine how poorly that would go based on the the staff member I dealt with. Avoid!

Response from Collage

Hi Kelly - We are sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your experience with Collage. Our intention is to help our customers find a solution when the sign up for the platform - not to bait and switch or mislead. We take this feedback very seriously and will take whatever measures possible to fix this issue.

Replied 21/07/2017
Steffanie H.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 08/06/2017

The transition from HR track has been fairly easy.

It is making it easier for me to deal with all of the time off requested by staff and keep an ongoing record of it. I also like to have staff numbers at my fingertips instead of digging out their files for contact info. Plus, i can access this from anywhere.

Pros

The calendar feature is great along with the ability to allow staff to login and request time off. There are some cons for calendar but i've listed them below. I like the user interface and the staff have taken to it quite easily. I like the custom fields, just wish they were in the payroll affected area as well such as for rrsp contribution amounts.

Cons

The reporting functionality, in particular for time off. I would like to be able to pull a report on just one employee with a list of all days off. It also doesn't stop you from booking the same day for the same person twice. There should be a warning or error. The benefits section is not applicable to any provider except your own. I understand you are working on this so i look forward to that upgrade. Also, would like to have reminders for calendar as an option.

Audrey N.

Reviewed on 19/10/2017

Collage has a great user interface that is easy to use for all of our employees.

Pros

We're able to give feedback on improvements, and we can see the impact of our feedback quickly. If we ask for a certain button, it will be worked on and added.

Cons

There are some functionalities that are still missing, but I really appreciate that our customer success representative keeps us abreast of what they're working on and timelines for when these functionalities will be added.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Simple, clean, basic HRIS - perfect for SMB's!

- great features for the price-point, perfectly serves a SMB that doesn't need enterprise-level HRIS software
- very basic without comprehensive set of features, although they take feedback seriously and are making constant improvements!

Pros

- clean and easy to use as a user or admin
- employee "self serve" or "self enrolment" options to enter their own info
- integrates seamlessly with benefits provider
- mobile-friendly

• Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Easy to Use

I've used collage regularly for requesting time off and documentation. It's nice to have one place to go.

Pros

I am able to easily request vacation time and other time for days off. I can also easily find any documents I am looking for within Collage.

Cons

It would nice if "Company Calendars" was an actual calendar however it easily syncs with google calendar so it's not a big deal.

Jackie D.
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 13/09/2020

I seriously love it

Collage is fantastic for my place of work. We have a lot of employees, so this made onboarding super easy and facilitated in payroll and scheduling.

Pros

Collage has made administrative tasks easier than any other similar platform I've ever used at a job. It is completely user-friendly and I feel secure in the data protection. It has made booking off time, sorting through financials, and onboarding so simple. I love it.

Cons

It is very quick to time me out and log me off! Which I guess is a strong security feature but sometimes I feel as though it booted me out too quickly. Otherwise I have zero complaints about this software and hopefully will be able to keep using it for years to come.

Reviewed on 19/10/2017

Easy, professional and intuitive.

Deeper insight into our employee profiles, easy and secure way to collect employee bank and SIN information, flexible benefits package choices.

Pros

Onboarding new employees and updating policy changes are very easy, and the process is documented so I always know where we're at. I like that it's easy to add benefits packages, and customize our business needs with those packages. It seems very efficient, which is helpful because we don't have lots of time to navigate cumbersome steps.

Cons

I wish it synched with payroll software. Keeping two sets of employee profiles doesn't make sense. I wish it was easier to add onboarding steps and customize the welcome email for new hires to align with our branding.

Erin B.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 02/08/2017

Good experience with a helpful tool

Everything centralized in one place, better time off tracking, easier to track reviews.

Pros

Simple, clean design with the features that we need. Less complicated and easier to use than other similar products such as Bamboo HR. Customer service is generally prompt and I can see that updates and improvements are being made. The price is right as well!

Cons

I've experienced a couple bugs, some of which I'm still waiting to get fixed. A few features such as the calendar function don't work well with our cloud environment and some other features like the time off policy and PTO calendar editing permissions are a little inflexible for our needs but we have found workarounds.

Eliza F.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 27/07/2021

Collage the beste

Pros

H ow practical and fast it is. with him I solve what I need in record time. One of the best cost-benefits on the market.

Cons

In fact he is truly very good. I think it would be interesting to have more ready-made template options.

Jeff G.
  • Industry: Public Policy

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Collage HR Review

At this specific time in Collage's lifespan, I would be hesitant to recommend them unless you were looking for something very basic. But even then, WebHR is comparable in price and has a plethora of useful features that Collage does not.

Pros

The employee directory, organizational chart, and employee profiles are very user friendly. Even our more mature staff who barely use email were able to maneuver through the software.

Cons

Collage is very new and contains minimal features. Their time off module didn't seem to work for us as they couldn't get time off requests down to the hour.

Elisha G.

Reviewed on 07/06/2017

Collage created a hassle-free product that simplifies the information transfer process for our...

- vacation tracking and approvals
- self-serve benefits admin

Pros

self-serve benefits admin for employees - love how Collage's functionality gives the employee the power to manage their own coverage and information updates.

Cons

some quirks: vac listed as hours *and* days, can't click into vac dates, lack of viewing permissions, custom fields have to be completed after onboarding, manager cannot override vacation in probation period

Emma B.

Reviewed on 07/07/2021

A review of collage from a hiring manager

Streamlined, effortless, game-changing, and the staff are all super helpful and kind. On many occasions I have reached out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT], she has responded quickly and been great at helping me with the issues I was having.

Pros

This software has really impacted the way our company hires. We are a construction company and are expanding quickly, bringing on around 4 new hires a week. Collage has made the entire vetting and onboarding process streamlined and effortless by consolidating everything into one easy timeline. The best part is you have full control over where the candidate is in the timeline, right from their application to onboarding, furthermore you can make notes and track the vetting process at each stage. I think what has saved us the most headache is how easy the onboarding process is, being able to send out multiple documents and training packages at the click of a button is game-changing.

Cons

To be honest I really haven't found anything that I don't like. At the moment, one of the biggest things that we are working on is planning out a set of clear goals and key performance indicators that we could use to track our employees' progress. I'm not sure if this is something that we would be able to utilize collage for, we have briefly spoken about it with our representative. We would be looking to integrate our scheduling software with whatever software we use to use data to track the employees' goals.

Robin M.

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

User Friendly!

As an HR professional, Collage is one of the simplest HRIS platforms I have ever used and I would highly recommend it to other companies. The benefits integration with our provider makes it so simple for the HR team and the admin required is painless!

Pros

Collage is so user friendly. It makes onboarding very easy and very little training is needed in order for a new employee to be able to use Collage.

Cons

There are still some areas of improvement that can be made to the APS, but I have seen improvement slowly be implement over the last couple of years. I look forward to the continued development of it. Also, with the training platform, we use it a lot to track all of our training but again, some room for small improvements here too. For example, ensuring that the employee has actually reviewed the content before being able to click they have completed it. Recently quizzes have been added which is a fantastic addition.

Angele L.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 04/08/2021

Great for a start up company

Overall, I find it very useful for day to day HR functions. It is also a safe way to have employees upload sensitive information

Pros

It is easy to use - intuitive for the most part. Does a great job of automating recruitment and onboarding. Also really great at keeping track of employee data

Cons

there are some areas that just are not robust enough - the training , the performance management.

Melissa W.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

Comprehensive and intuitive product for small organization with basic needs

Pros

Intuitive to use for staff and administrator
Basic ATS and customizable performance modules included
TIme off module has automated process
Link to payroll
Canadian
Chat support
Discount for not for profits

Cons

Missing some helpful features in other similar software, e.g.,:
- administrator ability to "view as" someone to check permissions
- permissions don't go a granular as needed (e.g., access to documents is all or nothing, can't go file or folder level
- custom fields are located in one area only

Michael B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 06/08/2021

Hr Review

It is a tool that affects us positively.

Pros

The time management and employee profiles are very easy to use.

Cons

The integration into other small business platforms like QuickBooks would be great.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 11/01/2019

Tetranex Solutions Review

Collage has greatly reduced our HR costs. We are very happy to have switched over and look forward to growing together.

Pros

Collage is very straight forward and easy to navigate. The price is great compared to our former web-based software HR platform and the fact that it is Canadian is very helpful. The benefit administration has also proven to be very helpful. Online support always follows up, and I very much appreciate that.

Cons

I know Collage is still relatively new, but some of the feature requests that have been submitted still haven't come to fruition. For example, the inability to sort reports with the platform. I wish you could click on a report column heading and have it auto-sort (i.e. alpahbetically, numerically, etc). I also have requested the ability to create folders in each individuals "Documents" tab so we can organize documents accordingly.

Response from Collage

Hi there and thank you for your feedback! It's very meaningful to us to hear what is working well and where we can improve. As per your request, we have just launched the ability to create folders in your "Documents" tab. You can learn more in our help guide: http://support.collage.co/documents/document-folders

Please don't hesitate to contact your account manager if you have any questions. We look forward to growing together, too!

-Team Collage

Replied 31/01/2019
Gabe D.
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Consider Collage: Exceptional customer service, very responsive to our needs!

We've been using Collage with (purposely) limited functionalities to make sure it fits our growing needs - and are taking steps to use it as our company's main HR portal

Pros

The ease of use, intuitive end-user programming, simple for administrator - this was designed with the end-user in mind

Cons

In the billing sections, and upon receiving invoices, a bit more clarity in costs for transactions, changes and additions would be useful - but upon closer review, the invoicing/billing makes sense. When queried, the response from Collage has been timely and accurate.

Reviewed on 01/06/2018

Great for a free HRIS, not worth paying for

Pros

- Easy to track multiple team members
- Vacation was easy for team members to input and for the HR team to track
- Everything was easily searchable, findable and usable
- The best HRIS we have found, especially when it was free

Cons

- They have recently become a paid service, was originally free
- Wish there was more options to integrate and administer payroll
- Still sends me reminders and updates even though we no longer use them. Because we no longer have an account it will not let me log bag in to unsubscribe to the emails.