Aloha Cloud Reviews

3.7

3.7

About Aloha Cloud

Aloha Cloud is an all-in-one cloud-based restaurant POS solution. With 6” built-for-purpose handheld devices, a user-friendly UI and fast merchant payout, operators can focus on running their restaurant, not their technology....

3.4
3.9
3.3

Browse Aloha Cloud Reviews

Jessica

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

Easy to use and deploy

Overall this is a great system. It is a little dated but it does allow you to do many things that other POS systems dont.

Pros

This software is amazingly easy to use. I love that it integrates with online ordering. It is user-friendly and the reports are in real time.

Cons

I wish it was more updated looking. I wish you could change between screens without logging back in

Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to Aloha Cloud

The ease-of-use and their long-term track record.
Kari

Reviewed on 18/03/2020

Originally a great product, now not so much

I do not utilize ALL the functionalities because I am a bakery not a restaurant so I would like to be able to get a "cheaper" version so I am able to get the most for my money. In the last few months customer service is almost impossible to get answers from and they no longer have the concierge system where I have a specific customer service agent that helps. Its very frustrating to wait on hold and then get told that I am calling the wrong numbers when the website for help clearly states to call certain numbers for assistance. Overall, customer service needs help.

Pros

I liked the ease of set up of this product as well as the ability to run categorical reports. I also like the ability to use this as a time clock system too!

Cons

I would like to see a way to customize each category more, I sell cupcakes, I would like an option for more specific categories and options.

Square Point of Sale and Clover

Reasons for Switching to Aloha Cloud

My sales representative was critical in my choosing this product. My faith in him allowed me the confidence to buy NCR.

Reviewed on 26/04/2017

This is a publically traded company NCR No Way...

They are an awful company. Their support system is a disaster. I don't know how many times I called NCR Silver for support and get a recording "hello we are experiencing an extremely high call volume. We will get back to you..." IF they get back to you it's hours later when customers have already left because we could not complete our transaction.

When my system was first set up, it was set up improperly based upon their support set up. After it was up and running it caused many delays where we could not input customers information and finalize the sale. So often, we received an error message "that item already exists and must create a new ticket" We call NCR Silver and was advised to proceed in an incorrect manner where the issues were never resolved. AFTER 3 YEARS OF THIS NONSENSE, It took my representative to resolve the issue after numerous hours on the telephone.

After all this, I asked for a partial credit to my account as they were responsible for the horrible software program. First, a manager would not even talk to me and flat out refused any credit. Then I asked for her manager. He did not even reply back to me.

This company is supposed to be a publicly traded company. Their program is horrible and customer support is equal par. HORRIBLE!!!! Ger professional NCR and the managers need to start getting involved with a customer instead of acting like they are holier than thou.....

Pros

We really did not like anything about the solftware. It was very difficlut to operate and there are many issues that NCR is not fixing. The multiple steps to complete a customer transaction is too long. They also do not have enough employees where I have wasted large amount of time waiting for their reps.

Cons

When we call NCR as the merchant to assist on failures of the software program, they do not respond immediately. Their phone system states, if you want to wait for the next avaiable representative press #2 on the phone. This message is repeated almost every 10 seconds. This is very difficult and discouraging.... Of course I want to wait for a representative... Do I have a choice????

Response from NCR VOYIX

We apologize for the NCR Silver experience not meeting your expectations. Not sure what happened with the "item already exists" issue, but it should never take that long for a problem to get resolved. Thanks for pointing it out to us.

As with any call center, sometimes reps get busy. That is why our award-winning customer support team also offers text, chat and email support. A text for example can solve simple issues substantially quicker. We also, by far, have the most extensive customer support team out of any cloud POS provider and offer live 24/7 support in addition to free set up, monthly menu maintenance, training and more. It's truly a comprehensive service.

As for transaction speeds, the UI in version 4.0 is extremely fast and it vastly streamlined an already quick customer checkout experience.

We have sent your comments to our customer care department, which will be reviewing it.

Replied 28/04/2017

Top Aloha Cloud Alternatives

Square for Restaurants

Square Point of Sale

Cash Register Express

Ryan

Feedback

Great customer service when I call. Very responsive and efficient. Wished they would contact us on the front end when an update creates issues, not after we have the problem.

Pros

The ease of use on the front end. Easy to pull data and information from historic sales.

Cons

Issues with security aren't addressed until they are a problem and have credit cards kicked back after assuming they were good. Changed security settings on IPads and issues were resolved, but we had to reach out instead of being contacted first.

There needs to be an accounts receivable. We use a backdoor and do payouts with notes to even the drawer. A fourth category would make this easier.

Aloha EPOS, Square Point of Sale and Clover

Reasons for Switching to Aloha Cloud

Deal with a reduced price with our corporate office.
Patrick

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Review of Aloha

Good - We enjoyed working with the local branch and helping us set up or system.

Pros

The ability to integrate with many other third party software companies was very important to us. We are anticipating scaling in size quickly over the next few years and didn't want to outgrow our system.

Cons

None - we are happy with the software. We would perhaps like more training so that we can fully utilize parts of the software that we may not know exist.

Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to Aloha Cloud

Our partnerships with other companies already established with our parent company.
Mario

NCR Silver review

This is our first POS and it has given us more access and flexibility.

Pros

Stable performance, easy to use interface, good quality stand, printers and drawers.

Cons

We should have access to the programming staff, either directly or via a liaison. There are many small changes that would greatly enhance our experience.

Square for Restaurants and Clover

Reasons for Switching to Aloha Cloud

Seemed like a better product overall.
Tom

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

NCR Silver Review

Pros

The system generally is up most of time.

Cons

It removed a lot of our stored hold tickets - thus, loosing info on contractors and the amount of purchases they had pending to pay

We had been in touch MULTIPLE times with NCR and level 1, 2 & 3 Guy named representative and many others
NO ONE EVER EVER GOT BACK TO US _ what the problem is/was / what info they recovered/ why that it lost our stored info etc. OR WAS THE ISSUE EVER RESOLVED ? This has been many, many months we have been trying to work thru this. It has cost us $ and customers. NCR Silver does not seem to care !! We have talked to many different support members and get the same general run around. Very Very discouraging, would not recommend product to any one.

Justin

Reviewed on 05/05/2023

A review of NCR from a long time user

NCR support is generally very good but the software has a huge learning curve. That said once you learn it, it is unlikely to change.

Pros

Aloha POS is like one of those giant old swiss army knife. Sure you only need a knife but it also has this and that. For when you need them.

Cons

Given the size and base of Aloha its a slow to move monolith and thus feature implementation is limited and slow. For example customizing the button colors on the digital POS screen is only implemented in select cases.

Derick
Derick
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 08/02/2022

NCR Aloha is very robust but needs updates

Overall the system worked well for many years but we ultimately replaced it for a more current option that provided better cloud-based tech for less money.

Pros

Ability to customize things like loyalty, gift cards, gratuity reporting is very good. system is a workhorse.

Cons

Updating pricing and creating buttons takes too long and is too complicated compared to newer POS systems. Customer service not very responsive.

Doug

Reviewed on 15/06/2023

Ncr Aloha

Overall it’s been fine

Pros

I like that it’s fairly easy to navigate around the system and offers a lot of BOH reports

Cons

Is difficult atTimes to track actual customerData

Scott

Reviewed on 09/11/2020

Easy Choice

I've had great experiences with Aloha over the years. Customer support knows when to escalate issues and generally the response times are quick. The software is easy to learn for FOH and back office manager functions are intuitive.

Pros

Aloha has the capability to handle any concept protype in development then seamlessly transition into multi-units. Reporting structure is best in class with unit level metrics remaining a priority.

Cons

NCR Aloha is one of the pricier options which should really only be utilized with multi units. It's too robust and complicated for the average mom and pop place.

Square Point of Sale, TouchBistro and Revel Systems

Reasons for Switching to Aloha Cloud

Scalability, fiduciary confidence, security.
Denise
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

Stress releaf

I have told, shown and recommend your system to many small business owners but they tend to go with other systems due to cost, they love the look on my bar with my 2 ipads on their stands, one for NCR Cimplebox calendar check ins and the other for NCR Silver POS studio sales.

Pros

Ease of teaching my employees, Ease of getting my reports, Ease of looking up so many things like cancelled tickets(times of cancellations would help), helps me keep track on employees.

Cons

Not seeing the integration of my online calendar system, thought their might be a discount for the calendar. Control of emails is a "0" - no means to click on several at a time to delete as I uploaded 6,000+ only to find out I could only use 2500 at a time, not I need to upload them all again in groups. But then if I have duplicates there is no easy way to tell and I do not want to bother my customers with duplicate emails. I also have no idea if my (Cimplebox) calendar emails are automatically going over to the Silver.

Andrea

Reviewed on 23/07/2018

Limitations in reporting and discounts

I have't experienced any "problems" with NCR Silver. I would however like to know more about what the program is capable of because I don't believe I am utilizing all of the options to the best of their ability.

Pros

I like that I can program in the specifics of the items that I sell. We carry several thousand sku's and I can program each barcode of each variation of each product. I also like that there are reports that are valuable to my business, such as sales reports and time clock reports.

Cons

There are limitations to the reporting that I need for my business. There is no way to show what quantity and dollar amount of inventory I have on hand during any given period.
With our industry, I need to know monthly inventory totals on hand, both quantity and dollar amount. In addition, there is no shrinkage tracking for damaged, shopworn, or missing items.

Jessica

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Satisfied

Overall, I feel like you get a lot for your money and the ease of training new staff on the POS is greatly appreciated. The back office reports are great and help me keep track of sales and trends.

Pros

I like that it's super easy to train new hires on the POS and as I a manager I love that I can access so much information in the back office so long as I have access to a computer/laptop.

Cons

There are just a few things that I wish we could change, but a lot of the software updates eventually address a lot of them. Like any software out there, there are glitches that happen but they're minor so it's not a deal breaker. Customer service is a hit or miss. Most times friendly, but a lot of times it just gets sent to a different department because they can't figure it out, which takes time and follow ups.

Chad

Reviewed on 17/06/2019

Mad Mexican loves NCR

Easy to work with thru problems.

Pros

Easy to install, update and use. They answer all calls promptly and fix any issues that might occur quickly!’

Cons

No issues , we are pleased with the system and products.

Square Point of Sale

Customer service
Todd

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Great user friendly software

Overall NCR has been great for our business. As I mentioned above there are just a few things I wish could be added and or corrected.

Pros

Ease of use. Programming is simple with back office. POS is very user friendly.

Cons

Certain features need to be added to accommodate other businesses like salons. Tip feature needs to allow you to code the tip to specific employees for one example.
Needs feature to not allow cashiers to look in recall history at other employees tips. This has been an issue for us.
Would be nice if under customer info you can add multiple contact numbers like cell and home.
We are in the pet industry and it would also be nice to have a customizable customer tab, so we can add pet name and breed or pets DOB etc. under customer tab.
Certain glitches I reported keep repeating. Tech support needs better resolution and faster respond time.

Jeff

Disappointed

Pros

The cons outweigh the pros! The cons make it useless to my business!

Cons

customer places order with waitress or bartender, tickets print at bar and kitchen. food and drinks are prepared but have no idea which waitress orders go to for delivery to customer due to the wrong waitress name coming up on the ticket. very time consuming and inefficient to figure out where the order actually goes.

another example... we run specials every day. such as wing it Wednesday. Half price hot wings.
when an item is on special, each item has to be ordered individually. which means, when a customer orders 40 wings, the waitress has to enter it 40 times!!!! in the past we would simply input a quantity of 40. now it is tying up a waitress and an iPad for 40 times the amount of time it use to take! UNACCEPTIABLE wasting time and money for my business! Have complained to customer service for three months about these issues with no results.

Steve

Reviewed on 09/07/2019

Pros and cons about NCR Silver

Overall a very good system, as an owner of the business it has made life easier

Pros

Easily programmable, I have a restaurant and getting the program running and keeping it up to date is very easy.
Time clock feature is easy for payroll. Having a report for payroll is very important for accounting.
The ability to go into back room and change item prices on the fly or add new specials instantly

Cons

The only problem I’ve had is the time frame for employees to either ring in a customer or the logging out for employees so they don’t overlap each other. The time it takes to log in with machine number and then employee number when it’s very busy takes those extra seconds that customers always notice.

Elliot

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

lack of ability to fix problems with hardware

lack of ability to speak with service managers. We are operating a business and struggle to maintain standards when fighting with the computor

Pros

when the computer it worked it was very stable system, i think its rediculas that i need to write one words of positive when it isnt a positive experience

Cons

service is awful- cant fix all the problems, we had credit card processing issues and checks double printing on multiple kitchen printers. sometimes just switching out the unit isn't the solution. We have called and emailed for weeks and problems are not being resolved.

Elise

Reviewed on 17/06/2019

NCR Silver Review

Pros

What I like most about this software is the fact that it met all our needs for our small business. We offer a large number of products and the software is able to accommodate the number of products and gives us the capability of customizing our sales with discounts and other promotions. Customer service is prompt and accurate.

Cons

Inputting the large number of items and all the variables can be time consuming.

Kurt

Reviewed on 06/07/2020

Upgrade is a disaster

Poor communication from support. Doesn’t seem like anyone cares. They fix one problem and create another. I’ve had Aloha for 18 years and after this Windows 10 upgrade I will be looking for a new POS system when the next upgrade is required

Pros

Easy to use when it is working. User friendly.

Cons

New upgrade has a lot of issues and it doesn’t seem like anyone has the knowledge to fix them. Spend way to much time dealing with these issues. They fix one problem and create another.

mike

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Horrible company stay far far away

Pros

The sales staff is very well trained at making their system & staff seem competent. While the reality is you are basically on your own with a mob of indifferent outsourced support reps who could care less about their jobs.

Cons

Reports are broken, support is unavailable 99% of the time, estimated call back times for messages from our experience were 3-7 days for a standard issue, their staff asks you for extensive notes when creating issue tickets yet somehow other support members will call back with no idea what the problem is beyond the basic description. No chain of command so when a lazy support rep hangs up on you after being on hold for 30 min you cant even submit a complaint.

Neryk
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

NCR Silver for Jack and Sons Barber Shop

Not bad. Would love to have someone come out and fix the issues we are having.

Pros

Pretty easy to use and great back office helps keep up with inventory and sales.

Cons

System crashes sometimes and usually when we are busy so we have to try to figure out how to fix it ourselves and sometimes call customer service but hold for long time before ever getting help.. still have issues that need to be corrected with Quantum unit.

Robert

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

Overall Satisfaction

Great and proactive experience.

Pros

As a franchise organization, I like the back of the house reporting and capabilities. Easy to use for the front of the house.

Cons

Programing new items into the software can be very time consuming.

Keiko

Reviewed on 20/04/2017

Do not trust companies which has been through lots of mergers, very unreliable.

I would like to ask... Before being bought or being merged, have you ever thought of upgrading and improving the system, quality of customer service?

Pros

They have all the basic functions. I don't really have a good thing to say about this company and system.

Cons

Legacy system, not user-friendly. The color of the screen is also ancient.
Never seen a customer service response this bad. We run a restaurant, and time is money.