About Airtable

Airtable is a cloud-based project management solution targeting small to midsize businesses as well as departments within larger companies. This system focuses primarily on data organization and collaboration. The system uses a...

Browse Airtable Reviews

1,659 of 1,658 reviews
Maddy
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 14/01/2023

I'm in love with Airtable (don't tell my husband — just kidding, he already knows)

I'm constantly thinking about new things I want to do in Airtable. It's a joy to use. It requires training to use with a team but my team caught on very quickly. I recommend it to everyone, including those who have data to organize for personal projects!

Pros

Airtable is one of those no code tools that makes you feel like you could create anything — the limit is your imagination. I use it for SO many different business functions: it's our main project management tool, our CRM, we use it for bookkeeping and expense tracking, I used it to organize the media opportunities around my book launch, and that's just scratching the service. Sure, there's a bit of a learning curve between the interface, all the options, and advanced features like automations — I build on my knowledge to learn something new everyday. So to get the most out of it, you need to be open to continuously learning and thinking about ways to improve your workflows or seeking examples from others. I enjoy their new interface designer — it's clear that Airtable is continuously innovating. I use so many automations to help improve information flow and visibility with my team. You can also connect Airtable with other tools like Glide (as I have) to build a functional app with no coding experience.

Cons

Like any enterprise tool, it scales according to features and your plan type. You can't choose a lower priced plan for someone on your team if you have a higher priced plan. That's a bit tough for a small business — it's clear that tools like Airtable are perhaps better suited and affordable for the big guys. So I hope against all hope that Airtable won't phase out users like me because we also have so much to gain from affordable access to Airtable!

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 06/12/2022

AirTable, the good, the bad and the... No, it's just all good.

AirTable has been a blessing in my company. It has made organization and project management an extremely streamlined and easy thing, as opposed to the nightmare it was before AirTable.

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed the customizability of AirTable. Different people can view the exact same data in different ways and come to different conclusions, and AirTable allows this with minimal hassle.

Cons

My one main issue with AirTable is that sometimes the wrong people can end up with the wrong level of permissions and it seems to be a bit of a challenge to correct this.

Justin
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 27/11/2022

Flexible yet powerful

Airtable was a great system to start until our needs grew more medical and we needed a HIPPA compliant solution.

Pros

Airtable is a flexible system with many great features to keep your data organized and make changes. The ability to make multiple views makes it easy to see, organize and edit your information.

Cons

Airtable is not HIPPA compliant, which made it unusable for our needs. Also, the mobile app was not reliable.

Top Airtable Alternatives

• Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 09/11/2022

Airtable is my new bestie. (Nonprofit)

The interface is beautiful, user friendly, and with the incredible variety of field types, powerful views and filters, you can accomplish almost anything in here. I used Sharepoint Lists and Microsoft Flow at a previous organization, and this is a million times better. What a beautiful piece of tech!

Pros

This software is incredibly powerful, and once you get the hang of it, pretty simple to use. We are so grateful for the nonprofit discount, which makes it affordable for our organization. We're using it to manage grant applications and awards in tandem with other software such as Typeform, Gmail, Google Drive, and Slack. It has many powerful built in automation capabilities, and works very well with Zapier for even more power.

Cons

Airtable can take some effort and training to learn and master, in order to use it to it's maximum capacity.

monday.com, ClickUp and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Airtable is so much more powerful. It can integrate with hundreds of other apps.

Microsoft SharePoint

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Airtable met our needs with the variety of extensions, automations, public facing forms, interfaces and dashboards, and integrations with software we needed to make the system function.
Marianne
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 06/12/2022

Airtable is an easily adaptable content management platform

Before Airtable we were using Excel to keep track of contact management and related events - this was inefficient. When we were introduced to Airtable it solves our issues as we were able to build the base for each purpose easily and quickly and were able to duplicate information within each base easily. This led to a seamless and efficient working platform at a glance, saving time and effort.

Pros

We used the platform for two purposes: 1. to manage employer contacts for events 2. to manage the events and vendors. We were able to build the base for each purpose easily and quickly and were able to duplicate information within each base easily. This led to a seamless and efficient working platform at a glance, saving time and effort.

Cons

The free trial was a great way to get us on the platform, but then to add the various features started to add up quite quickly.

Ben
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 21/12/2022

When configured properly, a game-changer for productivity

Idea and project management, as well as story progress for news publication

Pros

From the ease at which team members can be brought on and given responsibility, to the incorporation of forms, dashboards, and other integrations, Airtable has become an invaluable aspect of any team project I have the opportunity to help determine the workflow for.

Cons

The amount of setup required to fully unlock the usefulness of the service is substantial. When built properly, it runs smoothly, but does require maintenance and regular review for improvement and adjustment.

Ismaël
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 05/12/2022

Professional project management

Very good project management software, especially the customization side

Pros

Customization of projects, tasks to your liking

Cons

The lack of automatic updating, the difficulty of communication sometimes

Adriana

Reviewed on 28/12/2022

Amazing forms

Pros

Is very useful to get the data, is beautiful and simple to catch data when I apply to accelerators and incubators.

Cons

nothing, I like it so much is a really really good option.

Ina

Reviewed on 27/12/2022

Airtable is one of the more powerful, streamlined apps I have found that lets me bring all the...

I can create a custom interface and take action with just a few clicks- it's amazing!

Pros

I have been using Airtable for the past few months and it has helped me with all of my data. I am able to connect every type of data in one place, which is always handy. Plus, the interface is so intuitive, making it easy to take action on your data. Best app I've ever used!

Cons

some minor things here and there but overall all is good

Deepak

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

Answer to all Data Related work

Overall the experience is great, everytime we get to know something new when we start using airtable everytime.

Pros

I have been using Airtable since last few years, I am it legacy plan holder. Airtable has been an answer to most of our data management in the company, we manage our internal assets, HR Interview scheduling, and many other processes with airtable.

Cons

We wanted a Pivot Table type report which is not found in airtable as of now.

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 13/04/2022

Powerful and flexible collaboration tool

Overall, Airtable has given us a flexible collaboration tool which allowed us to work more efficiently, both internally, and externally with our various stakeholders.

Pros

I like how easy it is to switch between a tabular view and a kanban view for the same data. We always needed an easy visual tool (kanban) for our workflow but also needed a tabular view for an overall look of our work. Airtable seamlessly combines these two along with other features.

Cons

The dashboarding feature is quite new and is still a bit limited. The row limitation is a little too low.

Jira and Trello

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

We needed a forms functionality so we can take in requests from people outside our team.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Easy to share and collaborate with Google SSO, has more features compared to Trello.
Denise

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Airtable is a great collaborative project manager

My team and I like Airtable because it helps us keep track of all of our clients in one central location. My initial impression was that it wouldn't really make a difference in our regular operations, but now I see how wrong I was. With Airtable, users are able to work with many data types in a grid-based environment. It also facilitates the development of cloud-based apps that are easily integrated with other infrastructure.

Pros

One of my favorite features is the ability to personalize each of my boards. Not only that, but I have the ability to work closely with my team by syncing and discussing our respective projects and making use of our shared notes. It's incredible how many wonderful things there are in the Universe. Airtable helps me plan out my monthly social media posts in advance. I'm able to keep on top of things and make timely social media posts because I plan ahead. My knowledge and experience have taught me to be more methodical and cooperative in my job.

Cons

Every once in a while, things aren't as user-friendly as they could be. Sometimes I'll make my own template, but first I'll look at tens of others to get ideas. Be patient with the procedure; it will take some time to complete. Once set up, the interface is typically straightforward.

Eduardo
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 18/08/2022

Once I started using it, any other table option makes me turn off

It absolutely gives me the edge in planning my work.

Pros

Just the variaties of ways to show data - table, kanban, gallery, calendar, timeline, form! Its incredibly versatile and means you can craft it to many different types of people from CEO, to Marketing, to Finance.

Cons

The only downside I can see is that the per-seat amount can get high for multiple team members, I wish this could be lower or to only include core team members in that amount while having 'visitors' that have less access in the document.

Jotform

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Excel really feels like software from another century, undoubtedly it is powerful, but it is also exteremely limited in its capabilities.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Jorform was seen more from the forms functionality, but Airtable had more powerful options for table views.
Theresa

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

Our Team Went From Zero Organization to Project Pipeline Wizards

By using Airtable we are able to communicate with our clients better using the "Calendar" base. We are able to show our clients what we are doing for them the entire month. Being transparent with them and having this very cool interactive Calendar that shows our reports and ad creative really puts us at a whole new level in their eyes.

Pros

This software is super easy to use and has so many different options for "viewing" which allows something for everybody. There are so many different connections as well and the Block features allow our team to be very efficient with our client projects.

Cons

There is no way to reach out to somebody on customer support. I wish there was a chat option for customer support. There really isn't any training that comes alot with it. There are some videos but if there was a way to setup a webinar with an account manager there to help us learn more ways we could be using it, that would be ideal.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

We came across Airtable and saw that it was much better than what we were currently utilizing.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Airtable seemed like the more affordable choice.
Tyler
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 06/04/2020

Forget Excel and use AirTable instead!

Airtable is a game changer! Since we can create views on the fly, especially ones that link to our calendars, we're able to track projects really easily, and communicate changes across our entire team. We even started using it to tracking employee training hours, and it's saved us countless hours per week.

Pros

Airtable combines really advanced features with and easy to use interface, allowing some members of the team to set up a base, and allow others to maintain/update it. This has allowed us to store complex data, but make it accessible in different views, depending on the business need.

Cons

Airtable could be improved with some better formula functions. For example, if you wanted to calculate formulas based on some type of filter, such as an aggregate function, it is very difficult or impossible to do. We usually have to extract the data through their API and then process it for more complex needs.

ProofHub

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Airtable seemed like the entrance to learning was a lot easier, and it was generic enough where we could make it exactly what we wanted it to be. Also, our devs team was very familiar with the Airtable API, which is well documented and makes it easy to integrate with our third party products.
Shawn
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 22/03/2020

Great Amalgamation of a Spreadsheet & Database

I have used AirTable in several areas of my life, but the best example is with a high school program I volunteer with. We have 150 students with 15 advisors, with over 100 data points, in 20 locations. Prior to AirTable, keeping track of everything was a nightmare. Something as simple as trying to contact a student involved either all advisors adding all 150 students into their phone contact list (and update every year) or calling the lead advisor who had to look through a stack of papers to find a number. With AirTable it was as simple as typing in their name and pressing their cell number which automatically dialed them up. I could go on and on about how much AirTable has changed the way I do many aspects of my business and personal life, this was just an example to show how easy it makes things.

Pros

The fact that basically all database applications I tried were basically meant for enterprise-level businesses, and generally required a steep learning curve to even set up. I only needed basic database functionality, and to be able to easily edit single or groups of entries. AirTable solved this perfectly. Also, the team over there seem to be constantly adding on new functionality, which I see and realize that could solve problems I did not even realize I had. The best part is just how easy it is to use. I have some people on my team that are far from tech-savvy, and with a quick overview, they were even able to utilize it.

Cons

Their forms have a bit to be desired, but that is mostly just the appearance when I send them out. Also when sorting and filtering, it requires 3 or so clicks, when I think they could make it one.

Oracle Database and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Other products were too complicated to set up and use effectively, So I did not use them. AirTable is really in a class of its own as far as I can tell.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 06/05/2020

Completely indispensable for us!

Despite it's cost and some features we'd still like to see, Airtable is an absolute no-brainer for us. We can track our constituents and their engagement so much more easily than with Excel or a random CRM that doesn't really match our needs. I also have moved most of my content planning, resource banking, quote caching, and attendance taking to Airtable. It's honestly SO multifunctional!

Pros

First: It's a database that is actually aesthetically attractive. AND it's easier to use and manipulate than Excel. AND you can custom build what you need, rather than finagling a pre-built CRM for your specific needs. Also all of the different visual ways of looking at the data/records are key.

Cons

There are some features that are still lacking. Like the ability to read what's in a cell and do something with that information. It's also quite expensive, especially for a non-profit like us.

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

So much easier to manipulate and search for constituents and records. The sortability, filterability, beautiful views, etc.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Raiser's Edge didn't really match our needs for very detailed and specific data collection. It also wouldn't have been as easy to onboard all of our staff, as queries and reports are a bit more difficult and less intuitive to run than simply sorting on Airtable or filtering.
alia
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 04/03/2021

Our Content Calendar!

Amazing, I use it everyday. It’s been so helpful!!

Pros

Flexibility! I love being able to have a calendar, kanban, timeline, visual gallery all in one.

We use this for all our content planning and management. We tried so many solutions and this is what finally worked for us.

Cons

It has many features but at times it’s hard to know the best way to build things out, none of the templates for workbases were close enough to build off from.

Wish it was easier to link information within different tabs in bases.

Trello, Later, monday.com, Notion and Hootsuite

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Asana is great but wasn’t the right fit for us for this use. We still use it for project management just not content. It was easier to have all the visuals and fluid views that airtable did.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

It has so many views. It’s not too much of a drain on resources to set up. Very affordable.
Steve

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

Literally Use It For Everything - And LOVE It!

Pros

I own 3 different businesses, an instrument manufacturing business, marketing agency, and automotive wheel repair business - very different I know haha. Airtable is completely vital for every single one AND for all the clients I manage in there as well on top of personal use.

I literally use Airtable for everything from lead management to production management and tracking to home projects. Here are a few key things I love,

1. How easy it is to use. I can create a custom database/spreadsheet/whatever so incredibly fast even on my phone!

2. The capability of Airtable is amazing. The fact that I can use it for a simple to do list with some more advanced ability all the way to tracking inventory for thousands of items, building quotes, tracking where different drum kits are in the production process and what still needs to be done or ordered then creating a purchase order from that all within 1 table - for FREE - is absolutely amazing to me.

3. The referral credits and program is awesome!

4. Collaboration is very easy and I love how you can have a conversation with the team even on each record. it makes creating new advertising campaigns or taking with my team about a specific drum kit etc. so easy.

5. It updates everywhere so fast so I can keep tabs on my different teams in real time and see if they need anything.

I can't say enough good things about Airtable.

Cons

The only con for me is the price. Once you move to paid forms its not expensive at first but once you add team members and add more bases it can get out of hand very fast. I have been able to run everything for free for years but I do wish we could utilize things like their app market or different colors etc. but I just cant justify the price.

Sean
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Reviewed on 25/02/2021

Love the loads of options! Hate the exposure of our content!

Our experience has been great outside the frustration of the exposure of the public view URL.

We wouldn't be able to offer this portion of our services to our customers without a much more expensive custom solution.

It was pretty intuitive to work with even some of the more advanced aspects of database creation.

And the airtable community even gave us some really solid walkthroughs on some much more advanced integration with google drive through the use of integromat. I was pretty impressed with what we could achieve.

The support team responded quite kindly from the request to find some code changes that might allow us to remove the external link from the embed views, but they have not actually addressed the issue with a solution.

Pros

We came to airtable because we were looking for a solution to index the massive amounts of files in our google drive and make them SEARCHABLE by many different criteria. (We were frustrated that google drive, dropbox, etc did not use real TAGS - and even what they did offer was not searchable by our clients who are not logged in)

Airtable blows everything I've found out of the water in terms of types of fields (from URLs to emails to multi-select text options, etc) linked records, dates, etc. And they are all wonderfully searchable and sortable.

We also love the ability to link records, create forms, etc.

In short- airtable gave us the ONLY solution we could find that also was at a price that was VERY reasonable.

Cons

The embeddable PUBLIC view has a major problem for us (and MANY others if you read the forums)

We CAME to airtable for this function of being able to give our customers an embedded view (in our website) of our tables. And I'm thrilled that it WORKS WELL.

I'd love to give them a bit prettier options to sort and filter. (The functions work GREAT but non-savvy clients might take a while to figure it out)

My main complaint - and a complaint of MANY airtable users on the forums - is that the "public view" has both a non-removable branding logo on the bottom of the embed (even in the highest paid tiers) and it ALSO has a non-removable "View larger version" link at the bottom of the embed.

If you click the "View larger version" link... it opens up a new browser window and exposes the URL of the public view of the table. So if your content is SUPPOSED to be behind a paywall for your customers... they can now see the URL, copy it, bookmark it, cancel their subscription, and still have access to all of your content. Or they can share that URL with anyone else they want!

Airtable has been asked to remove these from the embed window for years. Personally I don't care at all that the logo is there. But we REALLY need to remove the "View larger version" link.

We would go with the 3rd party miniExtensions - their portals look GREAT - but unfortunately our platform at Mighty Networks does not accept their iframe embeds. (but it DOES work with airttable iframes!)

Miguel
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 24/06/2018

The Evolution Of The Spreadsheet

Airtable is a refreshing new look at what spreadsheets can be. It is great for organizations with varying degrees of user experiences with spreadsheets. And if your organization uses spreadsheets quite extensively, then this might be a great alternative.

As mentioned in Cons, the proprietary nature of Airtable means that if you need to keep a standalone copy in a file format, you will not be able to do so. You can import those current spreadsheets, but once manipulated and modified in Airtable, you must continue using it. So, archival files are not possible. Something to consider, as some enterprise environment do like to keep electronic files locally archived for attachment to specific documentations. Airtable might not be that solution.

Pros

Spreadsheets are great because of their flexibility. But most of its power lies behind a vast library of functions that users must have a good understanding about its syntax and how to use it. Add to that the fact that they are not exactly pretty to look at. The solution lies with Airtable. Coined as part spreadsheet and part database, it provides a new way of displaying vital information without all the hassles of setting up a spreadsheet.

For starters, Airtable offers a vast array of templates and layouts to choose from. If you are proficient, or the templates simply do not provide you with the necessary layout, you can start one from scratch. Maybe even create your own template.

Airtable is like a high performance spreadsheet with a serious upgrade on its user interface. Even the user experience is something quite amazing. YOu add, remove or modify the columns and configure them to accept the data you need.

It does all a spreadsheet can do, except that its coolest feature is its ability to go from a grid appearance, like your typical spreadsheet, to a form appearance, which resembles more of a database.

Airtable offers a wide array of functionality in its free subscription level. Upgrades offer more customization options that enhance the functionality and appearance of your table. And to make the transition from regular old boring spreadsheets to Airtable, they offer importing of your data to start off with.

Cons

It is much easier than your typical spreadsheet, but if you are a true spreadsheet power user, you may find a bit of a lack in its functionality. Again, only if you are a power user, which most of us are really not when it comes to everything spreadsheets can do. There are limited hover over hints for the buttons and fields, so you need to really click on them to find out what they are used for. Novice spreadsheet users will still find a similar learning curve with Airtable, but because the core functionalities are visible from the top ribbon, it does make it just a bit easier to use. But, remember, there will still be a slight learning curve, especially with more advance features.

Please note, it does well at importing those current spreadsheets, but Airtable is proprietary and online, and does not do well if you need to export it into a document for archival purposes.

Enrico
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

Most powerful and flexible project management tool ever

Airtable became my one stop shop for managing data / projetcs / processes - no more spreadsheets.

Pros

Most pleople start Google Sheets or Excel when they need to "control" something (a projetct, to-do list, CRM, content calender, inventory, etc). Airtable is a perfect tool to replace this: it has the "spreadsheet" feel, making it so easy to start, but it can go much further than a spreadsheet, both in terms of the amount of dimensions you are able to control and reports you can easily generate. You can scale it to a full ERP and CRM system, step by step, customized exacly the way you want.

Cons

The inability to link data from multiple bases . So you either have to build a giant base or you have to duplicate data in different bases. There has been some positive developments on this front, though.

ClickUp

Much more scalable

Asana and Microsoft Excel

Easier to use

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

Main tool

When I found airtable I was struggling to organize all the different projects in my world and business. It was a nightmare that lasted years. Evernote held precious banking information, google had docs, diigo held bookmarks and page notes, and I was using mind map software for planning. When I had to add inventory management to my daily routines, I knew I needed a dedicated database structure and tried several on the market. After making my rounds through many, I choose Notion for its price. A few months later I realized how much more efficient airtable was for my needs and took the plunge. The upgrade was worth it. I am more productive now and getting more data organized than every before with 10 other tools. Thank you airtable.

Pros

Easy start.
Speedy app.
Flexible uses.
Customizable.
Scalable. Ramp it up to any size/ use.
Drag and drop fields, input, and images from other sources.
Constantly evolving.
Strong learning resources available.

Cons

Pricing options. If you need just one block the only option is $20 a month. There needs to a one or two block option available at the first tier $10 a month. But now that I have to say now that I have all those blocks, I am finding new ways to use them.

Zenkit and MindManager

Ease of use.
Patricia
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 29/04/2019

Game changer

Our team uses Airtable as a centralized location to track our project progress. We've even hacked it as a CRM on occasion, and used it for event planning, reporting--anything that requires you to organize lots of information in a standardized way. The resistance to using yet another platform was strong at first, but once we got into it, everyone has become an Airtable advocate.

Pros

When a co-worker recommended Airtable, I was predictably skeptical. Who needs yet another spreadsheet software I said, with an internal (ok, maybe external) eye roll. But this is no mere spreadsheet platform. It is the only one you will ever need. Ever. Again. The functionality that make it worth it to switch from Excel or Google Sheets might seem insignificant when you look at them on a features list. Colored labels, grouping, filtering, view options, etc. But you have no idea what a big difference they make! Airtable makes it possible to put in all the data you have, but the key to its success is it lets you filter it down to only the essential information you need to see to make the decisions in front of you. It's the database that actually helps with decision-making. And the more I use it, the more uses I find for it!

Cons

There are very few cons to Airtable. It's simple to use, and the potential is limitless. Once you start putting bases together, you just don't want to stop! One thing that is slightly non-intuitive is the relationship (or lack thereof) between different "tabs" of data. Read up on those before you go that route. You can also start getting out of hand pretty quickly with creating lots of different views, but nothing a little intentionality can't address. We trained our entire team on using Airtable for project management, and it's been the best decision we ever made.

Mary

Reviewed on 03/03/2022

A Wonderfully Robust Program

Our overall experience has been good. There are a handful of departments at our company who use Airtable daily (like planning, HR, marketing, creative services, etc.) and we've been able to really level up our marketing planning. Now, we just wait for them to catch up to mid-sized companies like ours who have nimble and smaller teams but execute at a big business level.

Pros

We've been using Airtable since it's early release years and it has solved a number of our problems in our Marketing team. We are now able to easily plan, execute, and share our strategies with members outside of our team. The software is completely customizable and allows the user(s) to create something that's specific to their needs either from the ground up or from a multitude of templates. It's an intensely robust and versatile program.

Cons

The areas where I am most frustrated with Airtable are in regards to it being almost entirely self-service. There are so many blogs, tutorials, etc. but when you've built something from the ground up like we have and our team is on the smaller side (under 20 users), there's no current offering that allows us to get one-on-one support with Airtable either in a base audit format, assisting us in setting up complicated bases where automations/etc. might be helpful but we're not aware on how to set them up or utilize them, etc. It's all centered around how proactive and smart the administrator of the base is and that's hard to accommodate. I wish they'd offer a mid-tier pricing option for dedicated customer support.