About Finale Inventory

Finale Inventory is an intuitive, cloud-based inventory management system that is easy to use while also designed to scale to the demands of a growing business. Seamlessly handle all stock movements from purchasing through to...

4.7

Browse Finale Inventory Reviews

Steve

Reviewed on 03/08/2016

Chocoley Loves Finale

I just wanted to drop you a quick note to tell you how pleased Chocoley is with using Finale as our inventory management system. Having been on the Finale system for the past year, we have been able to easily integrate our website, Chocoley.com, Shipstation, QuickBooks and Amazon.com for a seamless and accurate management of our inventory across all marketing & sales channels.

Prior to using Finale, we were completely in the weeds and had nothing but problems managing our inventory. The idea of selling in different channels was a pipedream and thanks to Finale, it's not just a desire, but reality.

If anyone is thinking about utilizing Finale, they should move forward, as it is the right decision. No costly software to buy and the customer support has truly been unbelievable... I am always amazed at how much time and energy you guys have provided in answering questions or helping new employees get indoctrinated into using the system... always with a great attitude and willingness to help and never making us feel like we're taking too much time...and not charging a dime for that added benefit is HUGE!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for providing a great product and awesome service at such a reasonable price. I can't imagine using anyone other than Finale for our inventory management system.

Dayle
  • Industry: Program Development

Reviewed on 05/02/2022

Great product, but sometimes not reliable.

Overall the inventory system is great! It accomplished everything we needed it for and more.

Pros

Finale Inventory has a very simple import tool. You simply copy data from an excel spreadsheet and paste them into the inventory system through you web browser as the inventory is cloud-based. Finale takes care of the rest. This truly intuitive copy/paste import method saves time, and having the ability to edit products in your catalog editing your catalog makes it struggle free.

Generating Purchase Orders (PO) is pretty automated. Our team was able to jump straight in an create PO's in no time at all as it is streamlined and self explanatory.

You can have unlimited users that can be added to your team.

There are a huge amount of integration possibilities. So whether you are integrating with WooCommerce on a Wordpress CMS, or integrating with ShipStation, Final Inventory has you covered.

Cons

The system is sometimes a little glitchy. The Finale team do promise to iron some of these out in the near future, but right now they still remain.
Their team rarely apologies if the system hasn't been working as it should, and never admit fault.

Cin7 Omni and Zoho Inventory

Reasons for Switching to Finale Inventory

The price range was more in our budget, and I believe after trying out a demo of all three products, Finale Inventory seemed the easiest to use and learn.
Richard
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 24/12/2020

Customer support was completely absent

It seemed a good way of getting integration between other software that don't integrate themselves but the support is so bad it would be better just to go straight to the APIs of each of the software and write an integration yourself.

Pros

Throw into the bargain that integration with Prestashop does not work straight out of the box and that none of the support staff could be bothered and I'd find it very hard to continue with this trial.

Cons

No support, couldn't get it to talk to prestashop

QuickBooks eCommerce and Unleashed

Reasons for Switching to Finale Inventory

I havn't chosen it yet, and it doesn't look like I'm going to. Also the reviews look a little non-kosher, whenever I see 5 star and 1 star reviews only I tend to take the 1 star review as the genuine one.
Karen
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 08/02/2020

Finale Is Great

I have to say the people at Finale are wonderful to deal with. We have had to have numerous calls and they are always so helpful.

Pros

We have a lot of product assembly kit items and finale allows you to create those and have the pieces taken out of inventory when the kit is sold. It is hard to find a good kitting inventory software.

Cons

We had to convert our cases to pieces to make this software work with the multiple locations. It is very hard for us to get use to this.

Cin7 Omni

Reasons for Choosing Finale Inventory

Inflow was not able to communicate with the multiple selling channels.

inFlow Inventory

Reasons for Switching to Finale Inventory

Mainly because they could do it all and were cheaper than Cin7. They are United States based so that for us was a big plus too as we wanted to be able to contact someone during business hours should we have a problem.
Kristin
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 06/02/2021

Hairbrella x Finale

I've had an awesome experience with Finale so far. We plan to grow and they assured us they'd grow with us.

Pros

The setup process was very straight forward. Setting up your inventory system can be very tedious but it's very important that it is done correctly. Finale can be fully customized for any type of business.

Cons

I wouldn't change anything at all. Finale can be pretty complex to a new user so I would suggest teaming up with support. They're very friendly and can help you become a Finale pro in no time.

Skubana and SkuVault

Reasons for Switching to Finale Inventory

The reviews were amazing and the onboarding team sealed the deal with their excellent customer service. They went over and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed to succeed.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

10/10

I am very satisfied with the system. Never regretted my decision in choosing your services. After-sales service is also top-notch. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very knowledgeable and helpful. I am looking forward to your improvements coming end of the year as [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has mentioned.

Pros

I like most is its flexibility to handle items with serial numbers.

Cons

Some functions are not present like returning an item to a supplier is not available in the Purchase Order and I would have wanted to be able to write a note per serial number/Lot ID.

inFlow Inventory

Reasons for Switching to Finale Inventory

Finale offers more of what I'm looking for in a system.
Bryce
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

Great Product!

Great product, great customer service, been a game changer for our business!

Pros

The software is very easy to learn and use, along with great features and functionality. Has some great workarounds and has been able to do everything we've needed and much more.

Cons

It's great so far, no complaints that I can think of to date.

Nikki
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

Powerful, flexible inventory and warehouse system with fantastic customer support

Finale has made all the difference in being able to track and control inventory of thousands of products, across several marketplaces, and reduce our error rate significantly, as well as enable us to scale our growth. Most important has been their amazing customer support, which held our hand through all the integrations and spent a lot of time before and afterward to make sure we were utilizing all the features that would help move the needle for our business. It's a very straightforward product, and behind all the intuitive usage are layers of even more features that I continue to learn.

Pros

It solved our most major problems, which was keeping track of thousands of products across several marketplace platforms, and getting our warehouses organized and everything barcoded. As manufacturers as well as retailers, we also needed a way to keep better track of components and predict usage, and Finale has a very intuitive and robust system that covers all of that and far beyond. Truly, though, their greatest asset is their customer support team, who know the product thoroughly and has spent many meetings with us to get everything implemented step by step. They are fantastic at explaining and demonstrating how to use the product.

Cons

There were two features that I expressed a wish for, and it turned out that both were in development (and one has come to fruition already). It is an extremely powerful program and to tell the truth, I don't feel I've even scratched the surface of what it can do, so it is possible that whatever I could think of as a wish is already a feature.

Jessica
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 07/10/2022

Great Website

My overall experience is that I really like it and I'm very comfortable with using it. It took me about a week to get a hang of it ... It's just that simple. I would recommend this and use this as well.

Pros

This product is probably the easiest to use and understand. I like how simple and self explanatory it is.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't stock change myself and at times some things wouldn't populate.

Savanna
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 29/09/2022

Inventory has never been so easy !

Overall its really user friendly easy to train new employees how to use it and keeps rack of inventory well.

Pros

I love all the inventory features being able to make changes, transfers, and look at the stock history.

Cons

It would be easier and more helpful if they had a feature that tells you which inventory is low so we know what to order and when. It could also use a separate inventory section for rejected material instead of adding it with the other inventory.

Brett
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

Finale Inventory Has Transformed Our Company

We had purchased another inventory management system (Fishbowl) prior to Finale and we struggled to get it implemented for an embarrassingly long time. Everybody in the organization that touched it, hated it... and eventually I decided to abandon it and start my search over. After looking at an endless amount of options a friend recommended Finale. I remember looking at the reviews on Capterra and thinking it was just too good to be true, but that if they were true, I'd found my system. I poured through the demo videos expecting to find something that didn't jibe with how we did business, but I never did. So we started a trial.

I was very worried about push back from my staff, especially from the person that would be in charge of implementing it. Within 20 minutes of her poking around she was in love. Once we decided to move forward with it we were ready to start using it within a few weeks.

We're using Finale with ShipStation. The learning curve for both was almost non-existent. I have total buy-in from everybody that touches it. It's allowed us to become way better about keeping inventory in stock, made purchasing in time from overseas much easier. It's virtually eliminated shipping errors. For the first time in 20 years of running an inventory based business I TRUST what my inventory management system tells me I have in stock.

Most importantly, Finale has made us light years better at serving our customers.

Pros

Customer support is insanely good.

It accurately tracks inventory across several warehouses and sales channels.

The integration with Shipstation has revolutionized how we pick, pack and ship.

Creating and tracking bills of material across many complicated assemblies is easy and intuitive.

Picking using handheld scanners has virtually eliminated errors. In fact, we just went 30 days without a single report of a shipping error from a customer, and have averaged less than a 0.2% error rate in the 8 months that we've been using Finale. With our old system, the error rate was close to 3.0%.

Cycle counts with handhelds have eliminated the need to close down to take inventory, we're going to be off on December 31st for the first time ever!

Cons

We had a little bit of trouble with how Finale tracks BOM of an assembly sold on a marketplace, but worked with their support to find a workaround that has been satisfactory. Even though we didn't like the way it handled it out of the box, we felt like our needs were listened to and a permenant fix is being worked on.

DEAR, Skubana and Brightpearl
Austin
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Finale Does That

As a fulfillment company we had inventory for 20+ different clients each wanting an inventory report at any given time and for sure at the end of each month. Before Finale we were tracking inventory only on spreadsheets, this meant hours and hours were spent physically counting inventory. I can't tell you how many late nights were spent at the warehouse counting inventory. Once Finale was implemented those late nights were no more. Finale immediately saved us hours of time, no more long days of physically counting every piece in our warehouse.

We have numerous kitting projects and kits that are shipped from our warehouse, the Build feature has helped our company immensely with tracking inventory components of each build and keeping everything organized and easily accessible across our entire company.

I could go on and on about the features and flawless customer support Finale offers!

Pros

I love having the BoM feature. It has helped with our Kits that are either pre-built for the pick line or are a bundle that need to be shipped together. It has helped immensely with tracking inventory.

Cons

Wish it had an ios app for when I am away from my desk, that could easily pull up and display information.

NetSuite and Stitch Labs
A L

Reviewed on 04/03/2021

Finale Inventory Review

Pros

The ability to integrate with ShipStation, maintain an accurate inventory, produce accounting reports and make drop shipments.

I have very much appreciated my time using Finale Inventory. Their team has a can do attitude that has been always ready to address and help with any question or issue that I have had using their program.

An additional plus for Finale Inventory is that they always working to improve its functionality. Finale is not one of those companies that is stagnant and resting on their laurels, but are constantly working to grow and improve their program for the end user.

This is a great solution for smaller companies that have been outpriced by cloud based systems that are more oriented to mid to larger companies.

Cons

It would be nice if there was complete functionality on a mobile device. Drop down boxes within the program work in the Windows 10 environment, but not within Andorid.

There is a little bit of a learning curve to understanding the program, but in actuality it is only because it is such a great program and there is so much that you can do in its environment to maintain an accurate inventory and produce accounting reports.

• Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Finale has been instrumental in helping our company grow!

Any roadblock I have ever encountered has been effectively removed by Finales outstanding customer support!

Pros

Finale is easy to understand and their customer service is absolutely outstanding! As a multichannel ecommerce seller, with a robust magento 2 website, B2B portal, wholesale and retail accounts, Finale has been instrumental in managing our inventory, purchase orders, sales and shipping services with simple and easy to use integrations backed up by top notch customer support. Finale's support and adaptability has allowed us to gain in-depth insight into our business. By working with us and our changing needs, Finale has helped us manage profitability of our products, customer trends, ecommerce channel sales and supplier ordering, allowing us to grow seamlessly over several years. We have come to rely on Finale as an integral part of our business, and I can't imagine being able to manage the intricate aspects of our business without it!

Mike
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 09/03/2021

Wouldn't be here without it

Pros

We purchased Finale Inventory within the first few weeks of starting our business in 2016, back when $149 was an insane amount of money to be spending on software each month and we could barely afford it. It was one of the best decisions we made. Not only do we have historic data going back to the beginning of our business, Finale has allowed us to grow and scale in a way we never could have without it. Our catalog started with a few component entries and has grown to hundreds of SKUs in a short couple of years. We never could have managed this growth in a sustainable manner without the important inventory tracking capabilities that Finale provides.

Cons

Velocity tracking of build orders and material usage similar to how components are tracked from sales orders.

reid
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 01/12/2016

Fits like a glove

The finale has really allowed us to effectively manage our warehouse. We are on a service plan level that provided one on one help setting up the system and believe it was worth the extra money. WE have been using the service for almost two years and our happy on all fronts. As an FYI for us, the real part that separates Finale from other WMS systems are the handheld scanners. No other system in this price range offers this functionality and it is a great time saver. Their customer service is great but not needing to drag a laptop or a funky smartphone solution through the warehouse is a game changer. There is allot of functionality that we cannot speak to as we do not use allot of it the warehouse module is rock solid.

Pros

The handheld warehouse functionality

Cons

The lack of product filtering and grouping, Product "grids" are limited to only 4-5 filters and several of those are fixed. You also can not save searches or filtered results.

Andrea
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

I use Finale daily to track the inventory flow in and out of our warehouse.

The biggest benefit that we get from Finale is the ability to track the purchases and sales coming in and out of our warehouse.

Pros

I like that we can sync up Finale with ShipStation to track our orders and warehouse quantities. I like that we can sync multiple Product Lookups to one Product ID.

Cons

I dislike that we can't delete Product Lookups from a Product ID once it's been created. Sometimes a product lookup will change (for a example when a part number is discontinued and replaced with a new part number), but because Finale doesn't let you remove a Product Lookup from a Product ID we will sometimes have quantity associated to a no longer valid Product Lookup.

M

Reviewed on 02/06/2016

Finale is One of The Best Business Decisions We Made Last Year

We love the simplicity and efficiency of the program. It looks clean, is easy to navigate and is completely intuitive and easy to use, even for beginners. It isn't visually overwhelming and cluttered with too much "stuff", it is super simple yet very powerful.

We started out with Finale a little over a year ago after spending several months researching every program on the market, reading reviews and really doing our due diligence before finally zeroing in on Finale. We have not looked back since.

Chinh, Chris and Mike are exceptionally attentive to our every need. If ever we have had a question, problem or a suggestion, they are super quick to respond (usually within minutes) and address it immediately. They have a super hands on approach and honestly seem to care about building a quality business by caring about their product and their customers.

They have gone above and beyond to integrate Finale to work with various online channels that we sell on. For instance when we started they did not yet have an integration for pushing stock levels to Overstock and we expressed our need for this and within a month they used our Overstock account as the guinea pig for building the integration. They encountered some bumps in the road linking up with Overstock's API and Chris and his team were able to work around them with lightning speed and we have had a seamless Finale to Overstock inventory integration ever since.

Finale has truly changed the way we do business and increased our productivity and efficiency 100 times over. I mean we were literally in the dark ages before we started using Finale, we had no digital inventory control, we were updating online marketplace inventory manually every day, it was literally insanity with all the products we have, which is THOUSANDS. We are truly grateful for Finale and to their team and recommend it to anyone.

Mikayla
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 04/03/2021

Great Software

Finale has been super helpful in managing our inventory as well as cracking down on accuracy with picking orders.

Pros

The integration with our other software is vital and Finale makes it seamless. Because Finale has so many functions/capabilities to fit the needs of various business structures, it can be overwhelming to set up/manage all features as needed, so the customer service is very helpful.

Cons

Not all features and names of said features are super intuitive until you're used to using them.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 15/03/2021

Finale Inventory- Long Time user

Very happy with the support, and the way they will develop new features and adjustments based on feedback. They care about you.

Pros

I have been using Finale for many years for our Pyrotechnics Inventory, Have seen much development and customer service has always been most responsive.

Cons

Would like more Mac support. Most development and support are done on Windows, would be good if they had someone familiar with the Mac OS and iOS.

Reviewed on 16/02/2019

Powerful, fast, and customizable.

Finale Inventory's flexible UI and custom fields is allowing us to migrate from our old, archaic inventory system while we create new work-flows and simplify processes. Finale Inventory's powerful search engine allows us to operate by searching on product title so we don't have to barcode every item and can locate products as long as we know some of the words in the title. All of this combined with great support has made Finale Inventory a core foundation to our business.

Pros

Blazing fast real-time search. I can search for a product or customer with just a couple words (partial or out of order words are not a problem for Finale). The UI is customizable and this ability combined with custom fields allows for very flexible work-flows that I was not able to achieve with several other inventory programs.

Cons

I wouldn't really say it is a "con" but rather a by-product of the awesome customization potential - The custom reports have a bit of a learning curve when doing it yourself the first couple of times, but the support is AMAZING and I've gotten quick assistance and was given the exact report I needed. Reports can be duplicated and modified to quickly tweak any of the default reports.

Rob
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

Very intuitive inventory software and easy to setup and use!

Tracking our inventory! Finale does everything an inventory software should do for your business.

Pros

The best thing about Finale is the ease of use of the software. Everything is mostly self-explanatory and there is no need to spend a week training on the system because it is so easy to use.

Cons

Some of the report customizations can be daunting because is requires coding some spots, but other than that it is still easy to use.

Eric

Reviewed on 09/11/2017

Great Inventory Software

Pros

Finale is an easy to use inventory software that keeps all of your inventory organized and allows you to see which locations your stock is, and makes refilling inventory simple.

Cons

Haven't run into any issues with Finale, and they are always available to help with any support or technical issues. Everything works around Excel, so if you don't know how to use excel, it may be a bit difficult.

Collin
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 08/02/2019

Amazing Product + Customer Service

Amazing. They really go above and beyond with customer service.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. Once you learn all of the basics, it is very easy to navigate.

When you are learning, reach out to their support team and they will assist you along the way. They will help give you initial lessons and then also take calls to help you if you need further assistance. Response is always very quick.

Cons

Nothing really, it is awesome. If you get stuck on something, they even have tutorials built in.

Christina

Reviewed on 03/01/2018

Always excellent customer service

Pros

Always excellent customer service, and very easy to use . We got help with any issues and all the training we needed too.

Cons

It's geared to a broader audience and not to our specific industry needs. We need something more specific to coffee/office supplies.