About Freshservice

Freshservice is a cloud-based IT Help Desk and service management solution that enables organizations to simplify their IT operations. The solution offers features that include a ticketing system, self-service portal and...

Browse Freshservice Reviews

Rich
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

Simple to use and has all the features you actually need.

I really like Fresh Service (and before it, Fresh Desk). I keep trying to find a reason to switch to Zendesk because of the possibilities with their integrations but keep abandoning the trial. I would have to reproduce in Zendesk what I currently have in Freshservice in order to start experimenting with the possibilities. That's where the problems start. All the things I have in Freshservice are add-ons in Zendesk that cost extra and don't work the same way. If you have a fairly small team, we have 4 IT personnel for a 24/7 $400 million dollar company, this is your solution.

Pros

Layout is clean and easy to understand. Has fun 'gamify' system which lets my techs compete with with other for prizes with the system keep score. This is available on our subscription level. Also has SLA monitoring for those pesky KPI requirements. Can setup a catalog of services and items for end users to 'order' with a workflow approval process. Can integrate with chat and phone. Great all around alternative to Zendesk. Doesn't nickel and dime you to have basic features.

Cons

List of Integration possibilities are pretty small in comparison and hasn't really grown in the several years we have been using it.

Derrick

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

Favorite ticketing solution so far

Overall I am very happy and don't have any plans to change the product

Pros

I have used several products before and Freshservice is by far the favorite because it has automation, integrates with many vendors and software that we currently use such as Dell and JAMF

Cons

The Admin setting section is hard to navigate through sometimes and hard to find settings I want

Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

Moved from an on-prem ticketing system to cloud. The previous product was not reliable and would crash often

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Better pricing and ticked all the requirements we were after
Edward
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 16/01/2023

Functional but has frustrations

It's definately capable of doing the job and does get frequent improvements but has some frustrations

Pros

Freshservice has most of the features you need. It's customisable and expensible to a point which allows for other features to be added.

Cons

Some of the UX can be frustrating. The search is very lacking and often doesn't find the results you need. The "Solutions" feature for knowledge management is quite basic and can be frustrating to use.

Top Freshservice Alternatives

Jan Claire
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 28/12/2022

Good tool for tickets/request

Overall, Freshservice is a great tool. Nice UI and beginner friendly.

Pros

I'm a user and use Freshserbice whenever I encounter issues. I like the platform it is easy to use and you can track your incidents in real-time. Great service

Cons

The Mobile Version or App can be improved

Olly

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

Best ITSM / ESM tool out there

We are solving 1200 tickets a week with a team of 22, and automating resolution of 320 tickets a week using workflow automator.

We were able to get up and running with Freshservice with only 3 months for planning, build and implementation.

Pros

- Very little initial configuration needed - features work out-of-the-box
- User experience (UX) very very good - modern, quick and easy to use, looks great
- Workflow automations and orchestrations allow significant and valuable automation with little work
- Sandbox mode allows safely making and testing changes, and syncing them into production easily
- Ticket approvals system works very logically and very well

Cons

- Sandbox sync sometimes fails and needs Freshworks support intervention
- Only the main requester can access the ticket, and it's not possible to add others to see the ticket
- No first-party SSO integration - we have to use a 3rd party plugin for SSO & SCIM which only syncs user attributes when they re-login
- Agent permissions are not granular enough to allow us to lock down the number of admins as much as we want
- WYSIWYG editor has quite a few quirks around new lines and styling

ServiceNow

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

- Jira Service Management requires significant building and configuration, and out-of-the-box Freshservice is pre-configured ready to go, and any configuration you do is a bonus, not a requirement. - Jira's user experience is very outdated and slow, wasting our agents' and requesters' time.

JIRA Service Management

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

- ServiceNow requires even more building and configuration than Jira, and requires programming using AngularJS, a now deprecated framework, and we would need to hire programmers who specialise in it and configuring ServiceNow - ServiceNow's user experience is also pretty outdated and slow compared to Freshservice
Marc
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 03/10/2022

Freshservice Helpdesk/Asset Management Review

Overall experience has been great. The product continues to evolve as well.

Pros

This software is easy to integrate with other 3rd party applications. It allows for ticket/service automations that can streamline workflows. Asset Management is extremely useful and easy to setup as well.

Cons

Wish you could get more granular with group/user permissions. In some cases, it's all or nothing.

ServiceNow Customer Service Management

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

Freshservice had many more features available. It was the right choice to fit our growing business.

Spiceworks

Functionality and Price
Kerwin
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 03/10/2022

Fresh service is a mature help desk tool

Good so far and overwhelming. It is not something you do in your part time to take full advantage of it. You need to dedicate someone to it's development in your organization to see it's full potential.

Pros

Being able to customize automations is extremely helpful.

Cons

There are a lot of features and it is overwhelming. If you get this product make sure to utilize their onboarding efficiently. Freshworks could do a better job of onboarding, even if it is just making the time longer for new users to become acclimated to the product.

Hossam

Reviewed on 30/08/2021

Hossam's Fresh Service Review

The overall experience is not that pleasant, it can perform the daily tasks, but not powerful & complicated to use, and doesn't have the customization features of creating our own dashboard in an easily manner.

Pros

We have been using fresh service for more than a year, it is ok as a ticketing system & perform the daily task

Cons

It is a complicated system compared to the other one we have been using, we had a problem generating the Team's ticketing report to do the yearly appraisal, so it has failed us in one of the most important yearly assessments, so it is either the Admin knowledge or the system has issues, but in both cases it is a bad experience, unlike other systems we were using

Katarzyna
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 03/12/2022

Awesome app that has everything (that I need at least) in one place!

Pros

Oh how easier my life has become since I started using Freshservice. I have almost all of my job in one place - tickets, tasks, projects, documents, you name it. It's great option if you don't want to use different tools for ony one purpose. Truly multitasking app!

Cons

I feel like overall UX could be a bit better as sometimes I feel lost in the Settings and will find some options in a strange places (not where I would expect them to be).

• Industry: Plastics

Reviewed on 19/01/2023

freshdesk inventory management

Good application to make discovery especially on domain network environment.

Pros

the capability to search and highlight the important details of the device found withing the local area network.Its even provide the status of the device.

Cons

Once we move on, was not an easy application to uninstall. Was stuck to many computer in our office like glue.

Reviewed on 27/09/2022

FreshService is Great but not consistent

It's amazing! it's just hard for me to hand over some of the responsibility due to the steep learning curve. Support could really do with arranging time to speak to you instead of email tennis, support can be slow but some agents are stella!

Pros

The way it can be used to report on bottlenecks and problem areas as well and programmed to tackle them is a game changer. It's great but you do have to know what changes impact others and I think it could be made more clear even for those with experience it wouldn't hurt and for those learning it would speed up the learning curve a lot.

Cons

Inconsistencies in user interface. Menus and options and ways of changing things differs on newer or older modules. Also the Employee Onboarding is great but a pain to adjust if you wish to change the Stakeholder order and initiators. Also linking to AD groups for requesters and agents would be ideal.

ServiceNow

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

KACE was old and lacked options. I had FreshDesk experience and suggested FreshDesk but we landed on FreshService which make FreshDesk look like BETA software.

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Previous experience using FreshDesk and how it was beneficial to our needs.
Renan

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

A review about fresh service

A solid product with excellent qualities that can help transform how teams work

Pros

Good tool for team collaboration. It is possible to configure workflows for each of them, projects, queues, etc.

It is possible to greatly customize the fields and apply them to workflows, meeting specific needs.

Cons

Graphing is a bit confusing, and you need to buy higher planes to use the best tools.

Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

Several limitations on the platform that did not allow workflows to be created as desired.

Jira

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

We were very interested in other tools that perfectly met our need, however, its high cost made us choose Fresh.
Braden
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Great IT software

love the product, was very easy to set up and integrate into the company, very nice customization options to really make it your own, and anytime we have had an issue we usually get a response very fast from the team so we are never held back for too long on anything!

Pros

The ease of use is a huge plus to us and to all of the end users, it is very straight forward for everyone to use, well integrated into the company super easily and multiple ways to access via the website, mobile app or even just an email, makes our jobs much easier, and the hardware management is also a huge plus being able to track it all

Cons

They are working on it now but I wish it had a better tracking of what was installed in certain hardware, at the moment they do not show all of the components just most of the major ones, would be a nice thing to have it all

Matthew
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

Freshservice

Freshservice is by far the best help desk/ticketing system I've ever worked with. The speed and ease of use make Freshservice the best help desk platform I've ever worked with in my 15 years of IT experience.

Pros

For our users its been a real nice tool for submitting help requests into our IT department. A variety of options and configurations allowed us to customize our Freshservice portal to provide our users with the best help desk experience possible.

Cons

I wish I could add my own custom pages to the custom help desk portal. Love the ability to customize the current portal but it would be even better if I could add my own custom pages to the portal for instance ~ a secondary onboarding portal for a different HR team in our company.

Timothy

Reviewed on 14/04/2021

FreshService provides many of ServiceNow level functions - but without the price tag

I have implemented in my current and previous organizations. It has solid overall build quality and supports ITIL standards and data capture in many areas. We also have the asset tracking component which has been helpful.

Pros

Streamlined interface has been easy for our IT team to learn and use. I like the ability to track and link incidents, service requests, changes and problems. Does what we need.

Cons

I would love to see more and better reporting - simplistic tools for creating reports limit advanced analysis in the tool.

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

FreshService has a significant focus on IT management, where D365 doesn't, so we didn't have to build out custom functionality with FreshService.
Jinlong

Reviewed on 08/06/2021

Ease of use and feature packed value

I enjoy using the service but sometimes Support struggle, especially during COVID times

Pros

The ease of use and on going feature development

Cons

The asset model is very limited and needs improvement

Spiceworks and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

The cost at first lined up with the valve and it was quick and easy to deploy
Aleksandr

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

Freshservice Review from a daily user and admin

My overall experience with Freshservice has been really good (despite the cons I listed). The interface from Agent point of view is easy to navigate, the ticket/problem/change management is clear. From an admin point of view, everything is well group under the admin section and even if you don't have experience with Freshservice you will find yourself picking everything up pretty quickly.

The mobile app, while clunky, is still a good way to get notified about tickets coming in (especially urgent ones), and checking for replies and approvals. Bonus points for providing single sign on options (SSO).

Customization is solid and allows you to integrate your company branding quite well. Good, and easy to create, manage, edit knowledge base system.

Requesters have a very easy time creating a ticket in case of an incident.

While it can feel frustrating to have to contact Freshservice support for some things, I can say that my overall experience has been very solid with their support and they have even taken and implement a number of our feature requests.

I would most certainly recommend this product.

Pros

- Easy to use
- Good platform to manage incidents/problems/changes/releases as well as requests
- Good CMDB for managing company assets
- Pretty simple to perform administrative tasks
- Good customization
- Has mobile app that will notify you when someone performs an action on any of your items (Such as assignment of a ticket, replies, approvals, etc.)
- Had good experience from Freshservice support staff
- Has the ability to integrate into your domain account via Single Sing-On (SSO)
- Good solution for storing your IT Support based knowledge base

Cons

- Customization could be better in some areas
- Some changes require you to contact Freshservice support directly
- Digital asset management is a bit clunky
- Mobile app is not as intuitive as desktop experience and can feel difficult to navigate for some users
- Noticed that at times, usually in the morning hours of EST time zone, Freshservice access cuts out for 5 minutes

Reviewed on 27/02/2018

Feature-rich and intuitive

We are back "with the times" compared to our previous ticket system.

Pros

The FreshService interface is pleasant and pretty intuitive to work with. We had been using a different ticket system for more than a decade. Nonetheless, the switch to FreshService was relatively smooth for the whole team. I think the major reason is that the interface feels rather natural or comfortable to work with.

The same kind of intuitiveness is also seen under the hood (Admin panel), which is where a lot of other systems fall short. Even though Fresh Service packs a ton of features under the hood, you are not battling against a maze of intertwined difficult-to-manage configurations. I personally don't need to do a lot of changes in the configuration (I'm rather the "backup" for those kind of things), but when I do, it doesn't take me too long to find out where I need to adapt what setting.

I had to contact Fresh Service support a few times and so far always got a satisfactory reply in a decent reply time.

Cons

With all of the above said, it also lacks some features you could see as "basic" or "take for granted" here and there.

Agents can't configure an "out-of-office" period themselves.
There's no possibility to set up a custom dashboard per agent.
My major pet peeve is the text editor, which options are very limited (can't send a reply with a paragraph in fixed with font, can't edit the source ...) and which sometimes behaves unexpectedly (some odd behaviour with linebreaks, weird cursor position when pasting text ...)

And finally, while there is integration with Jira, I have the feeling it tends to break quite easily. We've probably had it more half- or not-working-at-all than working as it should. This makes it unreliable, requires manual effort and follow-up and really undoes the usefulness of having integration at all.

Ehtesham
  • Industry: Chemicals

Freshservice - Mid Tier, but power packed like enterprise IT ITSM tool

Love it. We utilize Freshservice for our corporate helpdesk ticketing system.

Pros

It is easy to create workflow and the navigation is easy to determine what you want to achieve / do. They have modernize the icons and look.

Cons

Integration with outlook is not there - .ics calendar, easy guide on whatsapp API business - omnichannel should be included by default from Garden plans onward

SysAid and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

Need to have a proper ITSM tool

Microsoft SharePoint
Zac
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Excellent service

Very happy

Pros

Ease of use, customer support and nice layouts

Cons

Some things not configurable which makes us having to do workarounds

ServiceNow Customer Service Management

Cost

Hornbill

Cost
Shaun

Reviewed on 06/04/2018

Freshservice is a very simple web based portal with a great deal of functionality.

Freshservice is an easy way to manage and resolve issues by following the ITIL proces

Pros

Freshservice follows the ITIL process which means it is easier to structure in a way which works for our business. Tickets can be raised by internal users or customers outside of the business allowing for greatly improved communication. Tickets are easy to manage in terms of responses and audit trails. The service catalogue is a great feature, this allows us to capture all the necessary information first time every time. Outside of tickets and communication there are a vast amount of admin features, one we commonly use is dispatcher. This allows our business to create rules for tickets/service requests that hit the helpdesk. This in turn saves time and further increases productivity. The ability to create reports is a great way to identify where we can improve and provide a much improved service to our users.

Cons

While the admin features are vast, on occasions it can be difficult to locate what you need unless you know your way around. However, it's not impossible and with time does become easier.

Baldeep
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 18/07/2021

Simple product without a complex helpdesk solution.

Used for 5 years. Don't plan to leave. Has improved over the last year with keyboard shortcuts.

Pros

Office many services
Simple ticket number
Nice way to email and CC email

Cons

Would be good to email a secondary person without emailing the original ticket contact. Otherwise they get more emails than required. Otherwise using a workaround of forward emails to get around this.

Allow some contacts to having options of what emails they want to receive. Sometimes customers use the portal and don't want ticket emails.

System notification emails need an option to switch email to agent. Small bug that is still outstanding.

Unable to set up companies in BULK. You can do this with contacts though.

Tyler

Reviewed on 22/03/2018

A great, fully featured, ITSM solution that is easy to setup and highly customizable to your...

This software helps greatly with streamlining workflow and helping the team adopt ITIL standards. It is convenient and easy to use, and easy to learn for agents.

Pros

There's a lot of pros to FreshService.

The automated routing (dispatcher) system is excellent and extremely configurable. You essentially are able to make if-then statements with a ton of different variables to route tickets to groups or agents, along with custom notifications.

The ticket form, self-service portal, and service catalog are all very customizable and excellent resources as well.

Cons

The only thing that can be frustrating with FreshService is the tiered payment system that requires different payment amounts for different features.

While Freshservice is affordable, it can be frustrating when you see a cool feature and want to try it out, only to find that your particular tier does not support it.

Vicky
  • Industry: Wholesale

Fresh Service Survey Feedback

Great Customer Support!

Pros

Intuitive, great tool for the cost. This product was already used by the organization when I started using it.

Cons

A couple of opportunities to make a better tool: 1) Historical data should not get touched ever. Ex: when removing fields from an SR form, history no longer reflects those fields. The workaround is to make the fields Invisible and Optional and the revised form. Not a great practice. 2) Copy / Paste fields within a form, even though the field names are updated since you can not have multiple fields with the same name, once you change one field, all others get updated. 3) Wish to have multiple levels of Dependent sections within a SR form. 4) Adding Custom Ticket Status adn arranging in alpha order can become a very painful experience.

Dawie
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

The best ticket system for SMEs on the market

I have become a FreshService evangelist in a very short time. So, I recommend this service to everyone!

Pros

The most intuitive system I have ever had the pleasure of using. The system is remarkably customizable, and you do not need a system administrator or expert to configure the customizations. It is so intuitive that any person with minimal experience on the system can figure out how to configure it to your company's needs. We have a team of 8 support engineers and they all took to the system very enthusiastically. The user interface is superb, and the company has been in the market for so long that they have literally thought of everything. If you have a unique business case, like we did, it is most probable that they have already encountered it and have an out of the box solutions. My experience with their developers was phenomenal.

Cons

The system is slightly more expensive than its nearest competitor. Which makes selling it to managers a little more difficult. But, the expense is justified. With the competitors in its market, a dedicated onsite developer is required, and installment and deployment time is 3-4 times longer. While FreshService is so easy to use, that any user or administrator can configure or change any settings, functions, workflows or processes with absolutely minimal effort. And, if you do require more assistance, 24x7x365 support is readily available and the support cost included in the monthly fee.