NinjaOne Reviews

4.8

4.8
Visit Website

About NinjaOne

NinjaOne is a leading unified IT management software company that simplifies how IT teams work. MSPs and IT departments can automate, manage, and remediate all their device management tasks within one fast, modern, intuitive...

Browse NinjaOne Reviews

Regina
Regina
  • Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

Huge bang for your buck!

We started with a demo that was great and then the setup was made as easy as possible. The price is outstanding, I really did expect to pay quite a bit more. I don't write a lot of raving software reviews, but I have to hand it to them.

Pros

It's really easy to use, and SO MANY ways to track what's going on behind the scenes.

Cons

It's not really a problem that's specific to NinjaOne, but this kind of product takes a while to set up.

GoTo Meeting

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne

We wanted something that was all inclusive and designed to work together. We were able to save money and get a lot more information from their products than the multiple tools we were using before.

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne

GoTo/Join were both more expensive and less responsive.
Tomson
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 04/12/2023

NinjaOne - Great potential

Pros

It's able to get Windows patching down quite well with granular management of patches to be applied to PC's with different policy sub types on what patches can be applied or overridden for a device specifically.

The PC device management is easy-ish to use being able to manage PC's with manual overrides and also what other rules to be applied (e.e. remote control software to be pushed out, restart frequency, container it sits in, etc)

Ninja was fairly easy to implement & manage as it's almost entirely web based with a lightweight client.

The Ninja Dojo has great resources not just for NinjaOne but best practices as well & support is quite responsive.

Cons

The extra integration items are somewhat lacking. Such as:

The bundled Bitdefender AV is quite lacking in management. You can only manage it from the Ninja Console & cleaning up malware with it is quite difficult. There's no bulk select feature, so you have to manually clear each alert one by one in the event of a false positive being picked up multiple times.

The ticketing is quite basic, it could use with extra features such as the ability to use custom domains for the support email address. It also has problems displaying images properly where they are get stripped out of emails received or not show up. Likewise,attachments can be somewhat selective in what items get passed through, some attachment items such as eml files get dropped.

Asset management is also a little more challenging in here as it's hard to get a full overview of all your devices properly. You can't get a nice spreadsheet with all the details you see in the individual device such as spec list, usernames, etc.

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne

Helpdesk ticketing is very basic & does not offer any extra features or remote support tools
Jason

Reviewed on 03/01/2024

NinjaOne - You are asured to be kicked out of the system repeditivly.

Will never recommend the product to anyone ever.
You are guaranteed to lose all your tickets work.
it is like gaming in the 90's
Save and save often.

Pros

Looks pretty and i would say that is where it ends.

Cons

Constantly logs you out while working,
Get messages "inactivity timeout", however busy working on a ticket or a remote session that takes at time 5 attempts to initiate.

Top NinjaOne Alternatives

Avast Business CloudCare

ConnectWise PSA

ConnectWise Automate

Kagera
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 30/04/2024

My Experience With NinjaOne

Pros

The tool comes with great remote support features
It makes IT management easy

Cons

With NinjaOne, all has been seamless. It is affordable too.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

Great Product.!

So far they've been so helpful, every time i call the helpdesk they are able to address the issue and help me reach my goal, our sales rep. Always check on Us to make sure We have what We need and to receive our feedback.

Pros

The portal is really easy to use, to understand and to address any issue with customers, also is really simple to implement on your customers.

Cons

to accomplished a full service for a customer you will have to also use some other companies, for cloud backup and such. i wish they had a solution for everything.

SolarWinds Service Desk

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne

The lack of support in the other company was ridiculous, also when calling to the helpdesk it will be really difficult to have somebody to help out, also their agent will slow down customers computers.

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne

pricing and better relationship with Sales Rep.
Lucas
Lucas

Reviewed on 12/06/2023

Great RMM for the price -Fast, Responsive and Feature rich!

Pros

The interface once you get used to it is super fast and responsive. Great feature set, patching is very good and scripting also.

Cons

The interface is a bit odd, however once you get used to it and learn your way around, it's fine.

N-sight , N-central and SuperOps.ai

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne

Syncro was no longer suitable for our business.

Syncro

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne

Maturity, less complex then some of the other options while still having the important features we wanted.
George
George

Reviewed on 09/09/2020

Awesome RMM Product

NinjaRMM has given us the tools to be able to view our clients technology stack from a distance, and then be able to work with them on current and potential issues. Before this, all issues would come up out the blue and take us by suprise, ruining our current workflow. No more!

This product is seriously great, and I don't think we could operate at the level we do without it.

Pros

The reporting tools and level of infomation we get on each device is all we could ever need.
Being able to update systems with a few clicks has saved hours of our time.

Cons

The thing I like least is that we didn't find this product earlier!

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne

When we approached Ninja about their product, they were upfront, friendly and really sounded like they wanted us onboard and to pick their product. They also helped out greatly during the trial period and answered any questions we had.
Phil
Phil

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Revolutionary RMM

NinjaRMM as completely changed our business, by allowing us to manage all endpoints and have great reporting that we can share with our clients driving efficiencies and sales opportunities that we were missing before.

Pros

The ease of use and rate of development is amazing. The interface is powerful but so simple, we don't really need to train new staff what to do as it's so intuitive.

Cons

Compared to some other RMM solutions it can still be a little limited with some features but these are being developed at a rapid pace and they have a clear roadmap.

Kaseya VSA

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne

We were using Kaseya prior to switching to NinjaRMM and changed for ease of use and integrations that revolutionised our RMM usage.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 24/02/2020

Easy to use RMM software that checks all the boxes

Ninja has helped us take control of our remote assets as well as internal assets. It makes it easy to remotely connect to a computer and deploy software with ease.

Pros

The software is easy to use and deploy. Allows remote connectivity and monitoring of many assets, even if they don't reach the domain often.

Cons

I would like to see a set storage place where programs and scripts could be placed. Instead, I link to Dropbox or Onedrive to deploy programs

Tyler
Tyler
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 28/02/2020

Ninja Server Monitoring Tool

Pros

Server monitoring is key and Ninja was able to help us out big time here. Such a great product and easy to install and get setup.

Cons

Sometimes the dashboard when you login isn't as intuitive as it could be. Wish it was easier to customize and maybe create some shortcuts to problem child servers.

Jamie

Reviewed on 26/03/2021

Exactly what we needed from an RMM

Very good.

Even though we're a small IT company, every member of staff have made us feel valued as a Ninja client.

Pros

The patch management works great, clients feel confident that we are proactive with important security updates.

Cons

The UI can be a bit tricky at times but the online FAQs are very helpful.

ConnectWise PSA

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne

Price but the frequency of changes and management lost our confidence in Solarwinds (formally GFI, LogicNow, Hounddog).

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne

I was impressed by the efficiency, professionalism and that Ninja seemed to want to get to know us and work with our business.
Raphael

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

Powerful and cost effective RMM tool backed by an efficient support

We are very happy to have chosen the NinjaRMM solution as this has greatly improved our work efficiency, troubleshooting faults, SLAs, overall IT processes and support to our customers and internally.

Pros

The product it is highly functional, constantly evolving in the right direction by listening to the MSP using it and so easy to use compared to other RMM's
Overall asset list management and monitoring features
TeamViewer and Splashtop native integration
Variety of PSA desk tools integration
Full antivirus integration with Webroot or Bitdefender was a key element and selling point
Backup integration

Cons

The overall integration was really easy.
You feel like you are part of the journey with the constant development of new features
Clear documentation on all features
Efficient and knowledgeable support

More granular reporting would be great

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne

Cost and financial flexibility Personal approach and communication throughout the onboarding process and beyond Ease of use
Lionel
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 12/10/2021

Merci Ninja Rmm

I solve a lot of business problem , can correct almost everything by remote . My country is very large so they can help me also to make it from my office

Pros

I like the contact with the ninja team , the free courses , they help me grow a lot .

Cons

Some feature was missing , but Ninja team now put the backup solution and that’s work perfectly

Acronis Cyber Backup and Kaseya VSA

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne

The customer, contact . The service , the purpose . The facility to deploy . The efficient of the software

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne

I choose them cause I trust them . Free courses , free try . My manager always follow me and answer to my questions . The prices
Jesse

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Best RMM out there!

We have been able to have eyes on all clients servers which helps us a lot since before server drives would die without us checking or the client paying for your manual backup check service. Ninja allows us to monitor networks at a fair price to us and them. It also allowed us to use the TeamViewer integration to disable all RDP access for a much more secure remote tool.

Pros

Ninja RMM has helped our MSP us better manage our growing customer base while providing us with the peace of mind client networks are being properly maintained and monitored.

Cons

We have not had many issues with Ninja RMM so far. If anything the company is younger than most RMM platforms but funny enough I find that to be an advantage since they are constantly adding features and improving their platform.

N-central , Kaseya VSA and ConnectWise PSA

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne

Ease of use and general management was less intense. Ninja RMM also had a great support team based in the US that is always extremely helpful.
Brian

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

Excellent RMM for newcomers and experienced in the industry

The team at NinjaRMM is truly dedicated to providing a world-class RMM and experience for MSP's and ITSP's using it. The team goes out of its way to assist when needed, even getting their engineers involved if a partner need's more technical help. I would recommend and continue work with NinjaRMM to grow our IT services business.

Pros

First is its ease of use to setup and organize for different clients. The learning curve is very minimal if you're experienced with systems administration tools. I found NinjaRMM to be quite easy to configure patching & scripting, as well as deploy its Webroot integration. NinjaRMM's customer support team is dedicated to helping make NinjaRMM both priced right and function well for your needs.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the lowly NMS (network management system) agent. I refer to lowly because it's a functional but early-stage NMS solution in contrast to an Auvik or Domotz. However, at Ninja's price-point for some basic network monitoring, this agent works well.

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne

Price-point and TeamViewer integration.
Marek

Reviewed on 12/05/2023

NinjaOne Review

Overall, my experience with NinjaOne was highly positive. The platform's user-friendly interface and customizable options allowed me to effectively manage tasks and workflows. The intuitive design made it easy to navigate and access the tools I needed, boosting productivity. The exceptional customer support ensured that I received prompt assistance whenever required. Although the limited integration options were a drawback, the core functionalities provided by NinjaOne met my needs. With continued updates and enhancements, NinjaOne has the potential to further optimize workflows and become an even more valuable asset for businesses and individuals alike.

Pros

One of the things I liked most about NinjaOne was its intuitive and user-friendly interface. The platform was designed with simplicity in mind, making it easy to navigate and utilize its various features. The clean and organized layout enhanced productivity and allowed me to quickly access the tools and information I needed. Additionally, the extensive range of customizable options and templates offered flexibility in tailoring the platform to my specific needs. The customer support provided by NinjaOne was also exceptional, with responsive and knowledgeable staff ready to assist whenever I encountered any issues or had questions.

Cons

While NinjaOne had many positive aspects, one thing I liked least was the limited integration options with third-party applications. Although it offered essential features and tools within its platform, there were instances when I needed to connect and sync data with other software or services. The lack of seamless integration with popular applications and platforms made it more challenging to streamline workflows and consolidate information. Expanding the range of integrations would enhance the overall usability and interoperability of NinjaOne.

William

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Reliable RMM, Responsive Support, Receptive Executives, and One of the best softwares I have...

There was always a fear that the patching of machines was not being done properly. And the basic thing we are paid to do was patch. We would spend countless hours with other platforms verifying, rectifying, and doubling our work load. Ninja's patching just works, and now they have added reboot notification on the main dash so we can see in a glance what machines need reboot to complete a patch. Even with schedules reboots, this is a security blanket.

Pros

The tool, just works. No fuss no mess. The MSP market space is hard enough without dealing with tools that do the opposite of what it is supposed to do. I have used other platforms, they start with K & N. One was just a bear to use, the other couldn't keep agents online. But Ninja, you install it, you set it and you check it. It just does it work. Which is to make my engineers life easier. What use to take 12 engineers, now takes 4. What you pay, is definitely not reflective of what you get. And the best part, they truly understand that in order for them to succeed, they need company's like mine to succeed. A true company that partners with us. I cannot say enoug good things about them.

Cons

The reporting is a little lite, but the community has raised its concerns and now the fix is on the road map. Same goes for a slew of other features that the community wanted/needed. Just wish they could 100X their development team every quarter .

Jose
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 01/05/2023

Could not think of a different solution

We were looking for a Remote access tool replacement, but encountered that NinjaOne's features will do other things we needed to resolve as well, like patch management and inventory.

Pros

NinjaOne was extremely easy to setup and deploy within our organization. Using ESET to pus the installer, in a matter of minutes the computers were being populated in the dashboard.Easy to remote login to computers using either Splasdot, NinjaRemote or TeamViewer if you have the license to incorporate it. Installing/modifying programs, registry changes, ps scripts is very easy to do, and their knowledge base articles are very helpful

Cons

We have only used this platform for about 5 months, but have not encountered a problem that could be resolved.

Microsoft Intune

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne

Much cheaper and had better features
Kyle

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

A fantastic RMM tool, with a few needed features yet to be added

Ninja has streamlined our service delivery offerings and saved us money. It's a great tool and offers fantastic value.

Pros

Value and feature set are the two easy ones. But the biggest difference with Ninja is the support and development. Support (and everyone else at the company), have been AWESOME to work with. Ninja has also kept their roadmap up to date and hit every milestone on it. That is HUGE from a software company.

We have been very happy working with Ninja over the last 18 months.

Cons

Ninja is lacking some search features that larger organizations need. For instance, with other products, we are able to run any crazy search our heart desires and act on it. For instance if we want to see all Windows 10 machines that have the latest version of Chrome installed across our entire client base, it's not possible with Ninja. We've been working with the company to get this implemented. Once they have that capability, I will have no other complaints!

Response from NinjaOne

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated.

We've recently released an advanced search feature under our Devices view through which you can build queries for Windows 10 machines that have Chrome greater than Version X. We're also hard at work with third-party patching so you can patch all versions of Chrome that's out-of-date. Stay tuned for that release :)

Replied 27/06/2017
Nathan

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

Outstanding Piece of kit!

We are able to automate and detect a multitude of tasks and issues before they are needed to be done manually. This software does exactly what they say it does, saves you time and money. If you are in the MSP field and are looking for a RMM solution, don't waste your time with the opposition, go to NinjaRMM.

Pros

We have grown along side this software, from the very beginning we were told what milestones Ninja were going to hit and they always come up with the goods. Our business has been able to grow rapidly and efficiently due to the help of this software and ease of use. We trialed almost every other software on the market, we wanted value for money and ease of use. If that's what you are looking for NinjaRMM is what you are looking for!

Cons

If i were to be really picky i would have to say, development was a little slow in the beginning however every company has to find their feet. I can say these guys really have and they have a good support chain to continue to grow.

Kevin
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 07/08/2017

We are fortunate as an MSP to have implemented NinjaRMM as our network device monitoring...

The ability to proactively manage our Customer's network infrastructure with confidence.

Pros

To be a good MSP, good tools must be available. Those tools must be accurate, cost-effective and of course, easy to learn. Ease-of-use and customizable policies for device management and alerting are two of the features/benefits that stand out with this product vs. the competition. Being able to reliably and proactively monitor/remediate Windows/MAC and SNMP devices is the fundamental goal of our MSP relationship with our customers and NinjaRMM makes that possible in a cost-effective solution.

Cons

I would like to see more detailed and customizable reporting options, such as the ability to create a custom report that will list any of the metrics I choose from the collected data.
Also, I would like to see integration with more mainstream antivirus solutions.

Response from NinjaOne

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your kind words. We are restructuring some of our data on the backend to make it more accessible for reporting. This is a little bit involved and we'll let you know when we are close to new reporting features. Thanks again for being a partner!

-Andy

Replied 07/08/2017
Matthew

Reviewed on 10/08/2017

Switching to NinjaRMM was one of the best decisions we have ever made as a company.

Productivity has gone up since we have been on NinjaRMM, even my "non-tech" office manager uses NinjaRMM with ease.

Pros

Ease of use, the layout and design are intuitive and both easy to learn and teach, but it is also a very powerful tool to have at your fingertips.
Their choice of partners is well thought out. The partners that are selected provide positive tools I can take to my clients without hesitation.
The online community is very active and the key people at NinjaRMM are right there just as involved and always ready to listen to new ideas.

Cons

Maybe some tweaks in how the reports that we provide to our clients could be setup. I would like to see the ability to select what items gone on each report. Some clients want just a general overview while other clients want all the dirty details.

Response from NinjaOne

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your support. We look forward to keep delivering features the community wants.

-Andy

Replied 14/08/2017
Adam

Reviewed on 24/02/2018

Solid product that just works. Doesn't try to be overly fancy or complicated.

Makes managing client servers and workstations much easier than our last RMM platform. The Integration with TeamViewer is top-notch and works almost like it's part of the product.

Pros

We like the simple and easy to navigate interface. When testing the product compared to other RMM platforms, we noticed right away the difference in how simplified Ninja was and it didn't take us 10 minutes clicking on ten sections and five sub-sections before we found the setting we were looking for.

Cons

The product does lack some features, and as new features are added it does take away some of the easy-to-use nature of the interface. Hopefully Ninja will be able to balance the addition of new features (which it does need to remain competitive) with maintaining a clean interface. Thus far, they've done a pretty decent job, but that may be due to the product still being fairly spartan compared to the bigger players in the industry. Fortunately for us, we did not need all of the extra bells and whistles the big guys have. Those extra features don't come cheap, either.

Response from NinjaOne

Thank you for the review Adam, we will do our best to be the best RMM on the market. Please send any feedback related to features to [email protected]

Replied 07/03/2018
Jarom

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Ninja is a fantastic RMM tool. It elegantly combines simplicity with ease of use.

Network administrators can make managing hundreds if not thousands of machines an achievable task. It's fast, it's simple, and it just works.

Pros

Combines easily with other related IT MSP tools via API, makes managing large groups of computers a piece of cake. The dashboard is simple, and UI is intuitively designed to be easy to operate. It's reliable, and the Ninja support team is responsive and helpful. After using a plethora of other RMM tools, Ninja has them all beat.

Cons

TeamViewer/Ninja RMM integration sometimes is slower than I'd like to synchronize data, but it still works reliably for the most part. There's not a whole lot I dislike about this tool, mostly just wishing it had more features and integrations. (Which are constantly expanding.)

Response from NinjaOne

Thank you Jarom! We had 10 feature releases in 2017 and have a lot more planned for 2018.

Replied 15/12/2017
Jack
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Great straightforward RMM tool

NinjaRMM manages all Windows updates in our company along with saving time when assisting users as I can very quickly connect on. Some times I don't even need to, with access to Task Manager and Services directly in Ninja.

I can see where all my machines are at quite easily and know if I need to action anything.

Pros

The simplicity of setting up the product, using the UI, customer support and knowledge base articles.

Cons

There are features missing like Hyper-V integration, SNMP printer toner level monitoring but they're always adding new features and they are still relatively new to the RMM game.

Pulseway