About Boomerang for Gmail

Boomerang for Gmail is designed to help businesses schedule and track inbound and outbound emails in real-time. It enables professionals to receive automated notifications when emails are opened, display read receipts and set up...

4.7

Browse Boomerang for Gmail Reviews

Eman
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 28/12/2018

Boomerang is the best tool out there to organize your blasted email!

Overall, Boomerang has been an angel for me. Without Boomerang it will be hard for me to keep up with my commitment in getting back to candidates, and letting them know what they need to do or where they need to proceed a day before their interview. I get a lot of awards and thank yous from candidates and they see our business as very responsive and professional because we never failed to update them regarding their next steps or whether or not they got the post.

Pros

In recruitment, you seldom get just less than 20 emails per day. If you did, well you're lucky! It is a bottleneck to get things done in recruitment if you're speaking of email commitments such as sending email blasts for next week, or sending turn down to a candidate you just interviewed after a week or sending a candidate for final interview a day before his set schedule. We resorted to using sticky notes before, but it is unsuccessful because sometimes sticky notes are not that too sticky and they fly away, and there arises complaints of being unprofessional from candidates we failed to give an update. With Boomerang, it resolved that problem because instead of pending that responsibility and jotting it down to a sticky note, you can just do it now and pend it being sent to whatever day and time you would want it to go out. With Boomerang, we have successfully met 100% compliance in sending out turn down emails, notification or reminder emails, and office-wide campaigns easily.

Cons

I like everything about Boomerang. Maybe what I least like is the price, and why I just learnt it a year ago. If only, I heard about this when I started my career in recruitment, everything should have been a walk in the park!

Diane

Reviewed on 19/07/2022

An office workers best friend

My job involves a lot of writing and a lot of emailing. Anything that helps me with that makes my entire work day go smoothly.
Anyone who uses email frequently should have boomerang.
The minor hiccups don't take anything away from it and it's still great to have.

Pros

The reminders are the most attractive feature and have saved me so much time. I use them often for long term follow up threads.
The easy setup with Gmail was nice and I didn't have to get help learning how to run it correctly.
Some other things it does are automated responses and vacation mode or pause, helps organize and clear out your inboxes, and schedules outgoing mail. Overall it's just super handy to have.

Cons

There's nothing that I was dissatisfied with, however in the spirit of being objective I will say that I had a problem when turning off vacation mode/ inbox pause and that more privacy controls would be nice.

Yesware

Reasons for Choosing Boomerang for Gmail

Mixmax is costly

Reasons for Switching to Boomerang for Gmail

My colleagues were using Boomerang for Gmail and after getting a "demo" from them I was impressed and wanted to use it as well.
Sandra

Reviewed on 08/10/2022

Extends Gmail Features

I am rather new to Gmail and Boomerang yet I would describe my overall experience as going very well.
Nobody in healthcare has an uninterrupted schedule and it can become hectic. The bezels of my computer were covered in sticky notes reminding me to send, follow up, or reply. Boomerang is much more practical and betters my time management -- very important.

Pros

- Trustworthy company -- Support addresses complaints.
- Boomerang emails that are important or that have not received a response.
- Schedule a future date and time to send any email with calendar picker.
- Alerts when follow up is needed.
- Android mobile app performs well -- Reliable and consistent.
- No subscription needed.

Cons

- New look and updates needed.
- Freedom to re-arrange or expand on the left margin menu would better the experience.

Reasons for Switching to Boomerang for Gmail

Because in Boomerang no subscription is needed.

Top Boomerang for Gmail Alternatives

Reviewed on 21/07/2018

Not worth it

Pros

Boomerang promises a lot but doesn't really deliver in any one particular area. Everything useful is a paid feature

Cons

Paid plans are more expensive than competitors. They aren't clear about what you pay for when you first download.

• Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 16/10/2022

I can't imagine using Gmail without Boomerang

Who isn't guiltyof having a messy inbox? I know I am. Most people have multiple (you know you do!) If you don't please tell me your secret.. Boomerang keeps it nice and tidy for me. My line of work involves unknown periods out of the office and sometimes I have to go offline, it's incredibly easy for a conversation to slip my mind. Boomerang reminds me to get back in touch and prevents what could be a full fledged disaster.

Pros

Boomerang is like an email babysitter. It ensures that things don't get out of control and that you don't forget anything. It'll even let you know if your outgoing emails are read.
The neat thing is you're able to boomerang threads back to you at a time when its convenient. You'll no longer have to think up excuses as to why it's taken you so long to reach back out and in turn you'll have more time to focus on your work. When you really need to focus you can put your inbox on hold.

Cons

I can't say there's anything I vigorously dislike. When I reach out to Boomerang it may be a day or so before I receive a response. They claim to read and respond to every single email and as far as I can tell, they do. So I can't be too upset about it.
Maybe more personalization?

Curtis

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Love the 'Pause' Feature

Strongly positive. I have been using it for years and it is a great way to make sure things don't fall through the cracks because they can come back to you.

Pros

I am a big fan of the 'Pause' feature for batch processing emails. I also really like their 'Respondability' feature.

Cons

The Send Later is a fantastic feature, which I am sure is why Google adopted it. There are delays in it loading and checking credentials. Unpausing from your smartphone/moble is not the easiest. You are redirected.

Reasons for Switching to Boomerang for Gmail

Mixmax did not integrate with Grammarly at that point.

Reviewed on 02/11/2022

Boomerang for Gmail: A savior of workplace chaos

Honestly, it has been a positive experience with Boomerang for Gmail mostly because earlier it was challenging to do other work because of the deadlines of simply sending an email. After using this software, I schedule my emails as per the requirements and can get busy with other work without fearing to miss the deadline of sorts.

Pros

I use this software extensively every day to snooze emails as per priority, to track emails to know who has opened and not responded, to get reminders for follow-ups, and to schedule emails as per the requisite deadlines. Before using this software, I had to manually sit and send an email, but now I can schedule it as per the requirement & do the needful proactively.

Cons

I would like to see how the software can be improved in terms of prioritizing reminders or follow-ups for emails and even the snooze priority will help when the deadline is close.

• Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

Free way to schedule emails

Just added the Chrome add-on and it was ready to go

Pros

If you don't have a CRM that tracks emails this is the best way to schedule and track. Integrates seamlessly with Gmail.

Cons

There is a limited amount of scheduled emails you get with the free version per month. After that you need to upgrade to a paid plan which would be worth it if you don't have a CRM already.

Samantha

Reviewed on 23/11/2022

Best Reminder Tool

Overall, a handy reminder tool that I recommend to many!

Pros

Boomerang is like having an assistant on your side to help you remember tasks, emails and conversations that need to be followed up on. I love how it's so easily integrated into my Gmail account!

Cons

The only con is that there have been a few times where my email didn't return to my primary inbox and that made it harder to find and actually be reminded by.

Jonathan

Reviewed on 31/07/2021

Boomerang for Gmail: Making Sure No Emails Gets Lost

I've used Boomerang for several years. For the price and the functionality, you cannot beat it. I know for a fact that without this app, I would have forgotten about emails I sent to clients, potentially missing hard deadlines (and angering clients).

Boomerang for Gmail lets you "send it and forget it," trusting that the email will return when you set it to return. No longer do you need to worry about if someone has responded to your email, just wait until the email shows back up in your inbox and then follow up then.

I could not recommend this product enough to people who rely on email responses to move the proverbial ball forward and get things done.

Pros

Have you ever sent an email, expecting a response from the recipient to help remind you to take the next step? Well, what happens if the recipient never responds? What happens if your email gets lost in their inbox?

Boomerang for Gmail is the reminder you set on your side to ensure that even if an email gets lost in your recipient's inbox, you will still get a reminder in yours.

Boomerang integrates easily into your Gmail or Gsuite inbox, ensuring that you can easily set a reminder for it to return to your inbox every time you send an email.

They also offer a mobile app to ensure you can send and have your emails boomerang back to you on the go.

Cons

Overall, Boomerang for Gmail is a great product. No frills but it gets the job done. The only thing that I can complain about is that the Boomerang Email iOS app sometimes takes a little bit more time to sync with your inbox. However, this is only a couple more seconds than, let's say, the native Gmail iOS app. Overall, not bad but could always be improved.

Kim

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

An immensely helpful tool!

My overall experience has been positive and I am very happy with this product. The quality and level of features were surprisingly high!
We have benefitted very much so and we enjoy using it.
This tool is wonderful for anyone who uses email for work, it is especially useful if you have multiple inboxes or a high volume of mail.
The price is affordable and the value for money is great.

Pros

I like so many things about this product. It is very easy to use and works wonderfully with Gmail!
The main pro for me is the ability to set reminders and schedule outgoing mail (rather it be a new thread or a response)
I can also pause an inbox if I'm away or busy and set boomerang to automatically respond. When using this feature I'm able to choose specifically which inboxes are paused, it dosent have to be all or none which is so convenient.
I can set up emails to be sent back to me preventing important threads from getting lost in my inbox.
This product also tells me rather or not outgoing mail was read, very helpful for any email campaigns or email marketing/advertising!

Cons

The only cons I've came across are occasionally inconsistencies or errors. For example sometimes scheduled mail is not sent as it should be or not sent at all.
On occasion I've also had to reset the product due to it not functioning at all.

Reviewed on 06/02/2019

Boomerang (for Gmail)

I have been using Boomerang with my gmail account, and it has been working great. To be honest, it gives me so much of flexibility since I tend to work a lot during non-standard work hours. I have also being using it a lot to advertise events and send reminders about them (I would schedule all upcoming reminders all at once, so that I don't have to think and remember about them later).

The only downside of this software: if you want to use it on your phone, it won't work automatically with your email app that you already have. Boomerang has to be downloaded separately; and whenever you want to use it, you would need to write the email through that actual app (not through your email application on the phone). It is not a big deal, but it may become confusing if your email box is dealing with a lot of different email that are normally sorter in a gmail box, but are not, unfortunately, sorted in the Boomerang app.

Pros

- delayed emails
- an ability to edit/delete/reschedule your already scheduled emails
- very easy to install and use
- its not expensive
- an ability to schedule particular time when you would like to read your emails (I know this feature exists, but I have never used it)

Cons

- an unpaid version has a very limited number of emails per months that you can use, which is not going to be enough for sure. So, I can say that the software isn't free.
- doesn't sync with an email box in the phone (boomerang software needs to be installed and used independently from your phone's email application)
- design

Susang

Reviewed on 07/07/2022

Best plugin to help you with your email

With Boomerang integrated with Gmail, one thing that I like very much is the Pause inbox option which allows me to rest and recharge and respond to long list of emails

Pros

Using Boomerang for Gmail, I am easily able to schedule emails to go at a particular time and also resend certain emails if there are no responses or follow-ups are required

Cons

I cannot think of any dislike for Boomerang. It has been a life saver for me

• Industry: Government Relations

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Has done more for my inbox management than any other product ever

Pros

It's easy to use. My inbox is one of my to-do lists, so why leave something there when I know I don't need to do it, respond to it, or act on it for days or weeks? Boomerang lets me bring that email back whenever I want

Boomerang is especially great if you're managing a team these days. In the ways I've used the tool, it meant that I got great at answering emails (used the boomerang feature to pop something back up in my inbox after a certain time) and my employees stopped chasing me for answers to things.

Most importantly, it made me better at respecting my employees time. I write emails with to-dos or follow-up items late at night and schedule them to drop in employees' inboxes first thing in the AM, instead of showing them I'm emailing them at 11 PM.

Cons

I don't pay for it - so I often run out of free credits for the month. Other than that, I think it's perfect.

Layne
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

Boomerang has changed the way I use email

The benefits are far greater than the costs. It really helps me keep after people when I need to get something done.

Pros

The tool is simple, there aren't a ton of features, so it's easy to use it for what it's built for. It does a great job at making sure I don't forget about an email that needs to be responded to, but doesn't need a response right now. The other great thing about it is that bayden does this program called "Revive your inbox" that really teaches you best practices about how to manage your email program. It has changed me from creating layers and layers of folders and spending a bunch of time filing emails that I'll probably never need again, to someone who can use the search feature in gmail to find what I need whenever I need it.

Cons

It can be easy to create a backlog of boomerang messages in your inbox. Too easy to put off that follow up you need to do.

Reviewed on 20/06/2018

One of the best email productivity tools!

Productivity, Diligence

Pros

The tool allows you to schedule when emails will be sent. This allows me to set and forget emails (to be sent at times of my choosing) and opens up my band-width to tackle other tasks while knowing that the emails will be delivered at a time when my recipients are most likely to respond. I also love the ability to "boomerang" emails for which I was expecting replies, but didn't get, so that I can follow up from my side. This removes the need for me to remember whom I had mailed last week and helps me intelligently follow up.

Cons

I find it occasionally annoying because when I load my gmail, boomerang has to load via the google chrome extension and it slows down my Gmail. The 'pause' button feature does not work well - once you pause an email from a recipient, I have struggled to unpause the email which is odd.

Floyd

Reviewed on 16/02/2021

Boomerang - super useful

This is a really easy way to supplant a CRM and make sure you never forget about an outstanding email or question

Pros

Super easy to use and a very seamless way to never miss anything/let nothing fall through the cracks. Over time more features were built, but the OG purpose is still the core one I use: have email go back to top of your inbox after x time, if conditions y are met (e.g. you never got a reply, which is the one I use 95% of the time)

Cons

Small details only - because I don't use threads in my inbox, instead 1 email is 1 row, I'll get a notification that an email triggered that I need to follow-up on (e.g. havent gotten a reply to an email in 2 weeks), but then I need to click into it and separately open the email in question. It would be great if the reminder immediately included the email its about as well.

Kir
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 30/07/2018

Helps you send the e-mail when you think it should be sent, not right now

Really great productivity piece.

Pros

Ever have a feeling that sending the business proposal at 3 in the morning isn't the right thing for the "corporate image"? Ever thought that you need to have client think that the 5-minutes complete job is a complicated 2-hours endeavour? Then this brilliant piece of software is for you..

It can also "boomerang" the e-mail to your in-box in a few hours or days, so you will get the fresh reminder exactly when you need, without those strange letters cluttering your mailbox.

Very very good productivity tool

Cons

Well, you need to pay for it to get all the small bits and pieces. But monthly rental also gives you the "return receipt" function for your e-mail (you will know if your e-mail was opened 50 times before the company replied to you) and other practically unlimited functions.

Jan
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 14/02/2022

Boomerang Is A Lifesaver!

Excellent!

Pros

I love that I can Boomerang an email and leave myself a note to remind me exactly what my next actions need to be and I can decide what time of the day I want it to remind me!

Cons

If I haven't written a note to myself, I don't really like getting the email come back into my Inbox and the reminder from Boomerang but it's the only way they can do it if I want the notes I have made so it's not a big deal!

Rob

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

Makes you look real smart

I use Boomerang to schedule emails with international contacts all over the world. It makes my life a lot easier knowing that I can get important messages into their inbox at times when they are most likely to be active in their inboxes. Being able to track opens, link clicks, etc. also helps me to understand how productive my outreach is proving to be, which is nice.

Pros

Tracking reads and link clicks are a big part of what makes Boomerang great, and I do like using those features on occasion to get insight into how my external messages perform. The biggest benefit I see, though, is in using the scheduling feature. Boomerang has dramatically improved my success rate in getting timely responses to my emails just by virtue of letting me time messages for when the recipient is likeliest to get it at the top of their list. I've even gotten a few compliments from people surprised that I was active and emailing at unusual times and days. Truth was, I wasn't working at all; Boomerang just made it seem like I was really on the ball.

Cons

Minor complaint, but the UI in the Gmail application really doesn't look very nice. There are also a couple of issues with button and field placements potentially leading to misunderstandings. I would recommend reviewing your activity carefully so that you're sure that what you're attempting to do is actually done.

Christopher

Reviewed on 06/07/2021

Never forget to reply again

Overall Boomerang has been an excellent productivity tool. It helps me stay on top of parent and student emails so that I can respond in a timely manner.

Pros

Boomerang for Gmail is an invaluable tool for staying on top of your email. The best feature for me is scheduling. I love being able to schedule my emails to go out at a later time and the reminder if I do not reply to an email that has a question in it. As a teacher I get a ton of emails and Boomerang really helps me stay on top of it all.

Cons

The biggest issue is the calendar integration does not seem to hold all the time. I feel like I am asked quite often to reconnect my calendar for events. I like the ability to make events directly out of an email but the constant connecting of my calendar is very annoying.

Marcus
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Great Way To Manage E-mail

It made easier for me to manage and focus on business e-mails that matte the most. I'm not wasting time on e-mails that don't deserve my immediate attention.

Pros

Love the ability to schedule e-mail at a later time and not disturb clients outside of regular business hours. I also like the add-on assistant to help in writing better e-mails. in Being able to use the software to assist me in scheduling my calendar is also a plus, and so is automatic follow-up reminders for important e-mails.

Cons

I honestly have not found anything that I dislike about this software. Although, there's at one feature I wish was included as part of the personal pricing plan as opposed to the Pro (sharing availability).

Rachel
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

Productivity soars with a clean inbox

Pros

I use my inbox as a 'to do' list--until something is addressed, I leave it in my inbox. At times though, I am waiting on another person or want to revisit something in a few weeks without starring at it every day until then. Boomerang allows me to do just that--with the click of a button, I am able to ensure that emails wind up back in my inbox and, with a clean inbox, I can focus on what really needs to be addressed now.

Cons

Boomerang works by almost forwarding the email back to your inbox. Thus, with gmail, you might have a thread of emails (the original one and then the one from boomerang). Once you get used to this though, it really is not a problem at all.

Paaru

Reviewed on 19/12/2021

best email provider

My satisfactory record sender gmail.safety,secured app

Pros

Gmail is one of the high-quality software program added through Google. It is used to ship records quick and securely. Gmail is likewise used on cellular phones, that have simplest been used on computer systems for a few time.

Cons

Gmail utilization is declining barely because of the growing use of social media. The length of 1 report is confined to twenty-five mb. Difficulties in sending huge files generally tend to apply a exceptional processor instead. Although Gmail is unique, in this contemporary age an increasing number of humans are the use of social media to get short information.

Christina

Reviewed on 21/03/2019

Delay Send, Tracking, and Return to Inbox

Pros

I was missing the ability to schedule messages to send later that was possible with Microsoft Outlook. My current employer uses Gmail as our platform and I had to draft an email and then send later. It was taking too much effort, thus came Boomerang. I can now work as late as I want, but send all the emails the next morning. It really helps me stay on top of my work. I can also schedule messages to send later if they aren't important right away. This is one of my favorite workplace tools.

Cons

Occassionally the software glitches, but it is very rare and a quick refresh is all that is needed.