About Vonage Business Communications

Vonage Business Solutions is a cloud-based communications solution suitable for small and midsize companies. The solution offers a business phone system that enables businesses to connect their VoIP phone system to internet-enable...

Browse Vonage Business Communications Reviews

Susan L.

Reviewed on 05/02/2021

Only regret is that we didn't upgrade sooner!

I appreciate the high level of customer service and the responsiveness of the team in general. We decided to move from land lines to VoIP and are very happy that we opted to partner with Vonage for the transition. They have been very patient and helpful along the way.

Pros

The flexibility of this software is my favorite feature. I mostly work from home, and I can easily make changes for any of our users from the online dashboard, the computer app, or the phone app. The end-users at our office have successfully learned how to navigate the handsets and the online dashboards.

Cons

We are still working on our fax numbers. Porting the number from our previous provider has proven difficult.

Jive, Ooma Office and Nextiva Live Chat

Reasons for Choosing Vonage Business Communications

AT&T Cost, flexibility, customer service

Reasons for Switching to Vonage Business Communications

Also looked at PanTerra. We chose Vonage because of the initial connection with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She was informative, responsive, knowledgeable, and empathetic. Most of the services seemed to be similar with similar prices. We chose Vonage because of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I hope you tell her that.
Ana karina G.

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

Great

Pros

-It's very easy to use. Recently the sotfware changed a lot its appearance but it looks even better.
-The costumer service is pretty good
-Friendly looking

Cons

-Sometimes it doesn't let me listen to the calls, which is pretty stressing. You have to go to the administrator's account in orther to do so
-It doesn't have too much space

Robin A.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

Vonage Business works very well for our company

Our overall experience has been great. This is our second year using the Vonage business package and we are very happy.

Pros

We like the ease of adding new lines, adding branch phone, so many reasons we like the company and products. We are a three branch company with drivers all over the place. We can easily transfer calls to our techs on the road, just as if there were in the office. We also like the spam feature, were we can see most calls registered as spam, allowing us to not answer these irritating spam calls. In times when we need to call customer support, Vonage team members are very knowledgeable and helpful. Lastly, we save money with this company, great price for an extra great product and customer service!

Cons

We cannot pick up a call anywhere in the office by parking the call, we must transfer it.

Top Vonage Business Communications Alternatives

Brielle S.

Reviewed on 08/11/2016

Vonage Business for your business

I am overall satisfied with Vonage Business Support- each time I called on the phone I was given a real person to speak with and a case number, to ensure the quality of my "case" the next time I called. As a busy work professional, I found this very valuable. I spoke to an amazing tech after speaking with Vonage Business support. He was able to direct me to exactly what I was looking of in a very short amount of time. My business purchased over 10 lines and the Yealink T46G phones from Vonage. I find these to be incredibly professional phones with a large screen. This is extremely beneficial when I am wearing a headset, on the regular phone, or connected with m work cell.

Pros

In regards to Vonage Business Phone systems, I like most being able to speak with a real person to answer my questions. Help was available any time I called. The help was organized and true- this helped me weed out things I didn't have time for. As a busy professional, this was extremely valuable. Each person I spoke to was able to help me validate my "silly" questions and assist me through the Vonage experience. The Yealink also shows busy field lines, my favorite feature on the phone, so I can see who, in my offices, is on the phone. This saves me time.

Cons

I was disappointing that it took so long to find an associate that could answer my questions. I called three times previous with questions about the phone system, and on the third time I spoke with a very knowledgeable professional who could fully assist me with my system questions. My business has purchased Yealink phones and is disappointing that each phone requires a special Yealink donagle for the "Tested headset list compatible with Yealink IP Phone". While the Plantronics Voyager Legend came with a dongle, we had to order separate dongles for each phone.

Jennelle P.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 31/08/2019

Long-time user

We’ve been having a great experience this software! It’s been helpful for our business and the call forwarding feature has allowed us the ability for some work/life balance.

Pros

We’ve been using this software for our business for over 5 years. Using this for our business phone has allowed us to keep our same phone number even though we moved physical locations. This was very helpful for our business! We also use the call forwarding feature so we can answer business calls when we’re aware from the business.

Cons

Sometimes the connection isn’t as clear as we’d like. It can sometimes sound a little muffled and occasionally we get disconnected from callers. However, it usually works really well and we’re happy with the service.

Harsh R.

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Vonage is Just Excellent

Great to have Vonage.

Pros

I have been using Vonage from last 5 years. Its a great think for International calling. The Vonage Mobile Application also do the similar Job. Vonage call quality are really good and the cost of using Vonage is very less. Call forwarding feature really works well. The voice mail are converted into text and sent on your email id is the best feature i like.

Cons

i didn't really found any cons in Vonage, but the application of Vonage of phone something Lag a lot.

Reviewed on 01/07/2018

Very affordable VoIP solution for small businesses

Pros

For a new business or a smaller organization, Vonage is a great solution to get a centralized phone system VoIP set up. The app is great too!

Cons

The support can be a hit or miss and if you run into issues you have to deal with it. Although quality is usually great quality, it can also all depend on your overall internet connectivity which makes it hard to diagnose where the issue is if you start experience call drops or bad quality.

• Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

Vonage, your all in one communications app

Pros

Vonage business is great in giving one of the best VOIP and Messaging solution to businesses. Very easy set up, affordable rates and best of all one of the most eye pleasing ui's to date. Flexibility is also one of it's biggest strengths, allowing users to use it on mobile and web.

Cons

There is really nothing not to like about this software at the moment.

Emily M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

Glad we made the switch to Vonage

Pros

My company recently switched over to Vonage to be our call routing system, and I've personally been a big fan of it. As a vacation rental management company, we need some people to be on call 24/7, some only during the day, some only on certain days during the week, etc. And these people change, week to week, depending on our schedule. It can be pretty confusing, and at first, the Vonage system was not set up specifically to our preferred plan. However, the Vonage support staff was really great in creating a guide for us, and setting up meetings to make sure the system eventually flowed the way we needed it to. Their system is VERY user friendly and intuitive, once you get the hang of it. Everything is clean, the design is sleek, and the customer service is great. What more could you ask for?

Cons

Because the calls come over wifi and do not use cellular, the call quality can sometimes be very spotty. Additionally, as I already mentioned, the flow of Vonage can be difficult to figure out at first.

Margaret W.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Into the 21st Century...

The Marketing Specialist was wonderful - knowledgeable. professional and very helpful. She did over-promise on a few things. When I tried to reach out to her for help on one of those promises, she did not take the initiative to look into it and have someone call me. Instead, she told me she doesn't handle that and referred me to IT.

Pros

We had an old, old, OLD telephone system that did not even display caller id! NOW we can see all our calls, block telemarkets, accept or reject calls, receive virtual fax, have virtual attendants and so, so much more.

Cons

The setup was very technical and I had have the Vonage It Team help me on 3 separate occasions as it required some modifications on their end. They were an absolute joy to work with and took all the time we needed, professionals through and through. They even called back the next day to ensure everything was still working as it should.

Barbara V.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 03/06/2019

VOIP Phone Services

Overall a great solution, easy set up and you save a ton of money monthly.

Pros

Easy and simple self set up. Many options available, from call ques to multiple private lines. Very user friendly. Very affordable pricing compared to Regular landline services.

Cons

The set up can take a while if you have multiple extensions.

Lynn T.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 22/04/2018

Great phone service for our remote offices

Pros

Easy to set up and use, which is important for our remote workers. Good call quality. Easy to set up phone rotations and ringing patterns.

Cons

There really weren't any negatives. We left because we found another service with most of the same features but at significant savings.

Dan E.

Reviewed on 07/11/2017

Great VOIP service for small to mid-sized businesses

Pros

IMHO the user interface for the admin dashboard is by far the easiest to use compared to competitors in this class. Adding an additional line, setting up an IVR, forwarding calls among many features, can easily be executed by a technological layman

Helen N.

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

The phones were okay for the most part, but there were too many outages that occurred.

Pros

I liked that the phones were simple and easy to use. Also, there was an online portal where I can sign in as an administrator and adjust call flows or make changes to a phone line's settings, which was easy to learn.

Cons

Often times, the phones in our office would just stop working. These outages sometimes lasted days and we would end up having to use our cellphones to continue with our jobs.

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Great service for VoIP

Pros

The ability to get multiple phone lines and use on the same high speed internet we already have at a fraction of the cost.

Cons

Nothing with the service it self but since its tied to the internet sometimes the phone quality is not as good.

Arthur T.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Confusing setup and service but good to use

The site is really good and easy to use once you learn it. You can manage it yourself without having to deal with service calls all the time. It is much cheaper than dealing with the phone company or some in house system as well. It is a good service.

Pros

They built a great site and give you control over everything. I can go in and setup things without relying on customer service for everything which is really nice. Customer service was very friendly and helpful with my questions. The equipment seems good too and at least the same or less cost than phone equipment with other services.

Cons

You have to learn some new terminology and how their system works. I wish they would incorporate definitions into their site to help you understand things better. The initial sign up was also very confusing. I got a lot of emails (too many) and wanting to setup an appointment. The appointment really didn't seem to be setting up my account services to our needs but a general overview of the site.

Reviewed on 11/10/2017

Good system

Pros

They have a lot of good features, more than you really need. It's user friendly, no one in the office had any issues using it.

Cons

After setting it up I had to call customer service 8 times before my fax would work. Each time they told me something different and changed the settings. When I told them I was about to cancel they finally had their expert work on it.

Chi loong harold C.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 30/06/2017

Friendly Voice

Pros

Very good product and very easy to use. This is something that we are looking for our business. :-)

Cons

Difficult to get to a technical support representative. It takes a while for them to answer my call.

Samantha H.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 25/03/2019

Best choice with versatile integration options

Absolutely fabulous! This is my go to company for phone service.

Pros

Ease of use for employees is the biggest pro. Very little cost on training.

Cons

Reaching a representative to assist my employees

Shahal R.

Reviewed on 30/07/2015

5+ Years with VOIP

Pros

The system is easy to use and relatively maintenance free. When I first started using the system it was a bit glitchy and the voice quality wasn't great, but I have no such complaints anymore. I like the fact that the number travels with me where ever I am.

Cons

The website and smartphone app need some updating and upgrades. The website appears to be based on old code and does not have the level of functionality and ease of use that we would expect from a tech company. The smartphone app, which I use on an android device, well, I just use Skype instead.

Eddie L.

Reviewed on 06/03/2019

Cheaper than other

Pros

I have not complain about their service. One time setup and very stable. Good pricing.

Cons

Old user admin portal. Can't cancel service or remove credit card from portal.

Christopher J.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Good system with many features.But lots of small issues that need to be resolved.

There are alot of great features with this solution but some are things we dont need and dont use. Just do your research and make sure its something that you actually need and want to pay for. Also make sure you equipment is compatible with there system so you are not hit with unexpected costs to make your system work like it is supposed to.

Pros

Lots of good features that allow me to use my business phone anywhere. Even though there were a lot of problems starting our i was always able to get in tough with customer service quickly.

Cons

Lots of things that need to be set up at the beginning of the process. Had lots of issues to start out with most of which were resolved by changing a firewall out that was not compatible with vonage's system. They knew what firewall I had from the beginning took them a month to realize that is was one that does not play well with Vonage's system.

Milos M.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

Gets the job done

I use it daily, both the Android and Windows app.
It gets the job done, even though it is rough around the edges, there is space for improvement.

Pros

It is very easy to use, no flash, just straight to the point.
Connection is good most of the times.

Cons

If you use it on 2 or more platforms at the same time, it can go haywire, and you may end up with a few missed calls.

Tiffany H.

Reviewed on 18/08/2015

Wine Club manager

Pros

I love the fact that if we miss a call, I can then hear and read the voicemail that was left. (Reading is awesome because a lot of people mumble and I can read what they mumbled through)
I also really like the caller ID for both the calls coming in and also with the voicemail.

Cons

When the server goes down we don't have the ability to make phone calls. (Not really your problem though)

Travi Y.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 03/11/2018

Works good

Pros

Works good for the price we pay which is half of what we used to pay. I would reccomend to a friend that is on a budget

Cons

Can be spotty and slow at times, but usually it works good. You get what you pay for so dont expect anything crazy.