Vonage Business Communications Reviews

About Vonage Business Communications

Vonage Business Communications is a good option for small-, medium-, and enterprise-level businesses that need a scalable, easy-to-use VoIP platform with premium voice clarity and a wide array of solutions for specific business...

3.8
3.7

Browse Vonage Business Communications Reviews

Shawn
Shawn
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 05/08/2021

Simplify Business with a Simple Business VoIP Phone System

Pros

Easy to implement.
Easy to manage.
Works great, no hitches, glitches, misses.
Perfect for a Small or Medium Business.
Great value for the money; translate: very inexpensive.
Make your small business come across as a big business.
Smartphone App works great too.

Cons

There are MANY 3rd Party Apps that claim to be integrated with Vonage. We didn't have the best of luck using them, to be honest, but they weren't too business critical, so it didn't bother us too much; but it still would be nice to make ZohoCRM or Connectwise work integratedly.

Sid
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 27/04/2023

One of the best all-in-one Business phone application

Vonage's services are sufficient for our company's communications requirements, be it direct calls, messaging, conference calls, or even call campaigns. The support is very prompt with their responses and resolutions.

Pros

The interface is very easy to navigate and neat. Call management and messaging align with the latest design language for such phone systems. The desktop app and mobile app work seamlessly in terms of notifications and call transfer between the devices,

Cons

The admin portal could be managed better and the categories on the website are a bit confusing to navigate so maybe that could be reordered and renamed to make it easier to reach the desired page. The integrations apps portfolio can also be enhanced by getting more of the popular apps onboard.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 09/11/2021

Vonage Business (Simple Signal) Service & Support

Overall experience was good, their Account Manger went above and beyond, their support was good, their service was okay.

Pros

Vonage's GUI is relatively intuitive to make basic changes. There are various roles provided that allow different levels of access to make configuration adjustments with the Trunk, DID's, Auto Attendants, forwarding, etc.

Cons

There were some tools inside of the Vonage Portal that required multiple places to be updated or there were multiple ways to update a setting, and it made difficult to report on customer configurations.

Twilio

Provided more functionality

Reasons for Switching to Vonage Business Communications

Pricing was a major factor to why we chose Simple Signal (Vonage).

Top Vonage Business Communications Alternatives

Hadi
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 11/06/2022

Vonage review

It has been average. The only bad side is SMS integration and support to it.

Pros

It is very easy to use, good interface and easy to be integrated with other tools. The UI/UX is great. Especially when it comes to texting.

Cons

Product support. We wanted support for texting and it has been a horrible experience. They have Neximo for the SMS integration and support and the support experience has been horrible. They don't answer the calls or respond timely.

Susan

Reviewed on 05/02/2021

Only regret is that we didn't upgrade sooner!

I appreciate the high level of customer service and the responsiveness of the team in general. We decided to move from land lines to VoIP and are very happy that we opted to partner with Vonage for the transition. They have been very patient and helpful along the way.

Pros

The flexibility of this software is my favorite feature. I mostly work from home, and I can easily make changes for any of our users from the online dashboard, the computer app, or the phone app. The end-users at our office have successfully learned how to navigate the handsets and the online dashboards.

Cons

We are still working on our fax numbers. Porting the number from our previous provider has proven difficult.

Jive , Nextiva Live Chat and Ooma Office

AT&T Cost, flexibility, customer service

Reasons for Switching to Vonage Business Communications

Also looked at PanTerra. We chose Vonage because of the initial connection with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She was informative, responsive, knowledgeable, and empathetic. Most of the services seemed to be similar with similar prices. We chose Vonage because of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I hope you tell her that.
Alicia
Alicia
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 19/06/2020

Clunky and poor support

It worked OK but it wasn't great. I switched away and probably would not return.

Pros

It's a VOIP call service and usually works with decent connection. It had a feature that automatically sent timed billing for calls to my client billing software, which is why I switched to Vonage in the first place.

Cons

The portal is clunky and confusing. Fax is even worse. Often the sync features did not work as advertised. My employees had a lot of trouble working with the software and customer support was extremely poor from a knowledge standpoint.

Bill Laurel
Bill Laurel

Reviewed on 17/03/2023

Vonage Business Communications

The setup was quick and easy, and the customer service was excellent. The features are great, with the ability to have multiple lines and have voicemails sent directly to my email. The prices are also very reasonable, and I am very happy with the experience.

Pros

Vonage Business Communications provides an inexpensive and dependable option for small and medium-sized businesses and organizations. Their business phone system is designed to make managing your communications easier and worry-free. You can get the same features and capabilities of a conventional office phone system at a much lower cost. The product experience is paramount in determining a business's success, so Vonage is devoted to creating the best user experience, starting with the design.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I don't like yet.

Alexandra

Reviewed on 08/12/2023

Great Customer Service!

Relatively good compared to other companies we use for similar services. Customer support is good; reps are pro-active and helpful and will go out of their way to find you a solution.

Pros

The best thing we have found with Vonage Business Communications is the Customer Service. The reps really do try and help you out and take a pro-active approach which is highly unusual in the telecom industry.

Cons

Sometimes when you are trying to get information from their billing department, they seem to be unable to provide it. This appears to be more of an operational issue than a personnel issue.

Muteeba
Muteeba
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 21/12/2022

Feedback for Vonage

My experience with Vonage has been good. No major glitch that i found while working on Vonage.

Pros

Vonage is user-friendly and can work on even a slow internet connection. We can do screen recordings and send a broadcast message as well. Your own Team Members' contact details are easily available. So anytime you need to call them or find email id's, It's all there for you. Also, we can record calls as well which will help us in quality audit & control. There is also an option to check reports on how many calls you made, received, and the call duration as well. Overall it's a great product!

Cons

The one thing that I don't like about this product is when it is integrated with any other software like ceipal to make calls. The call logs will not appear on the Vonage call logs. Rest everything is good!

Jacob
Jacob
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Business Calling and Texting made easy

Pros

For big companies, this cloud-ware makes it simple to have remote employees.

Cons

I have had numerous issues keeping in control of my seat count. They don't like to make it easy for you to remove users, phone number and other pieces. They make it easy to setup and then a nightmare to blackout. I have used the software and setup with multiple companies I have worked for and the separation phase is difficult and laborious.

Alex
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 22/09/2022

Can't export contacts; billing is SHADY

can't export contacts / address book. really shady on how to cancel contract. first you have to give notice that you don't want to renew by calling and emailing support or contacting your customer rep. then you have to give another notice (within 30 days) that you want to cancel. so 2 times cancellation? make that clear in your terms and conditions.

Pros

unified communication all in one app on desktop and mobile. easy to use.

Cons

users complained of bad call quality and drops. vonage meetings can only hold up to 12. lacking in development and R&D. when service rep changes you don't even know unless you call support. basically support does everything.

Robin
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

Vonage Business works very well for our company

Our overall experience has been great. This is our second year using the Vonage business package and we are very happy.

Pros

We like the ease of adding new lines, adding branch phone, so many reasons we like the company and products. We are a three branch company with drivers all over the place. We can easily transfer calls to our techs on the road, just as if there were in the office. We also like the spam feature, were we can see most calls registered as spam, allowing us to not answer these irritating spam calls. In times when we need to call customer support, Vonage team members are very knowledgeable and helpful. Lastly, we save money with this company, great price for an extra great product and customer service!

Cons

We cannot pick up a call anywhere in the office by parking the call, we must transfer it.

Vidushi

Reviewed on 19/04/2023

Smart & Reliable

Pros

I've been using Vonage from more than 6 months. The interface of the software is easy to use. What I love most about it is it's "Report" feature. It makes working so much fun as one can easily see and analyze their own growth with the help of different charts and graphs. It increases productivity as it induces a sense of accomplishment in an individual. Vonage is actually a smart software as when you copy a sentence with a phone number in it and paste it in the keypad to call, it immediately picks up the phone number eliminating the rest of the sentence. Most communication software fail to do that. So, for me Vonage is one the best Business Communication software.

Cons

There's almost nothing to not like about Vonage but if there's something that ever bugged me is that it deletes the call history after a certain amount of time, which isn't really bothersome but just in case anyone wants to track a call from a long time ago they won't be able to do that. And it glitches sometimes which could be the network's fault as well.

Sandy

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Easy to Use

Vonage's apps for computers and phones makes it a seamless extension of my business.

Pros

I love that you can forward calls and messages to your personal cell phone, eliminating the need for corporate phones should the company desire. In addition, the desktop app makes it easy to make calls (even international ones) from anywhere. I like the integration of a company's contact list and speed dials for international locations--we have a large presence outside of the US and it's so simple to speed dial to Ireland quickly. You would think a US-based company would have trouble with this, but it's honestly so seamless with Vonage. Our Corporate team is very happy with the services they provide at a very fair price.

I really appreciate how Vonage makes our workflows easier and more efficient.

Cons

I wish that the features of calling a number directly from your computer were better, but honestly that doesn't impact my job too much. There are no major cons for me.

Ray
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 26/04/2023

Disappointing SMS Services and Poor Customer Service from Vonage

I recently decided to try Vonage's SMS services for my business, and saying I am disappointed would be an understatement. As a telecom provider, Vonage should have excelled in their essential services but failed to deliver on its promises.When I first signed up for Vonage's SMS services, I was assured that my company number would be registered quickly and seamlessly. However, weeks passed, and my number still hadn't been registered. This has caused a significant hindrance to my business, as we relied on this service for essential communication with our customers.Upon contacting their customer service, I was informed that the volume of users they were trying to register had caused a backlog. While I understand that such technical challenges can arise, it is unacceptable for a company like Vonage to allow these internal issues to affect its customers negatively. They should have been more prepared to handle the volume and avoid backlogs.Furthermore, the customer service provided by Vonage was far from satisfactory. Instead of empathizing with my concerns and offering a solution, they passed the buck by blaming the issue on the backlog. As a customer, I shouldn't have to bear the burden of their internal challenges. The customer service team should have been proactive in addressing my concerns and finding a solution to my problem.In conclusion, my experience with Vonage has been nothing short of frustrating.

Pros

The mobile application is easy to use along with its features.

Cons

Worst customer service and sales team who promise and don't deliver.

Jennelle
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 31/08/2019

Long-time user

We’ve been having a great experience this software! It’s been helpful for our business and the call forwarding feature has allowed us the ability for some work/life balance.

Pros

We’ve been using this software for our business for over 5 years. Using this for our business phone has allowed us to keep our same phone number even though we moved physical locations. This was very helpful for our business! We also use the call forwarding feature so we can answer business calls when we’re aware from the business.

Cons

Sometimes the connection isn’t as clear as we’d like. It can sometimes sound a little muffled and occasionally we get disconnected from callers. However, it usually works really well and we’re happy with the service.

Jenna

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Vonage Business

I like this product easy to use

Pros

Vonage is a great product. You can download the app on the ohone and anwer your phone line from your cell phone or when your in the office turn the app on mute so your phone doesn't ring on your cell.

Cons

I haven't had any issue. If you type what you need help with in the search bar it pretty muchs shows you step by step with clicking on it/

Tracy

Reviewed on 12/11/2021

Call centers need reliable service

We used Vonage for our call center for a year. The features were great and the price was nice. The service was intermittent at best and not acceptable for daily use.

Pros

The cost and implementation was outstanding

Cons

The reliability was not acceptable for our business.

Dialpad

Cost, features, and contracts

Reasons for Switching to Vonage Business Communications

The cost and features were attractive.
Cyrus
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 31/05/2023

Vonage - a voyage in connectivity

Very satisfied, would highly recommend to peers

Pros

Ease of connection, multitude of integrations and overall amazing reception

Cons

A slightly high price for use and the non integration with the APIs

Barbara
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

If you want a big name with a big price tag

Overall it was a pleasant experience. We got exactly what we needed at the time nothing more nothing less. We ended up switching and got wayyyyy more for way less and now we could never go back!

Pros

Our call quality was always crystal clear and never dropped or missed a call.

Cons

We least like the price point and the long contracts that would auto renew without a notification and even on weekends/ holidays.

Josh

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

A good solution but not a great solution

We've been running our entire phone system through them for years, the outages we experience are due to the large size of our company and the limited control they or we have over the traffic or internet quality between us and them.

Pros

I have a decent amount of control over the account from the web portal. It allows me to manage the account with minimal need to contacting there customer support team.

Cons

Quality issues on a large network that they cant resolve, we confirmed Ive done everything on my side that is possible. The other issue is that half the time I call there customer support department I have to tell them how to do there job... very frustrating.

Mario

Reviewed on 22/08/2023

Great Phone service but bad Customer service.

Overall very good I do not have to spend to much time in the portal

Pros

How it can be installed on your phone and computer and take calls from both. The admin portal is very easy to manage.

Cons

Customer service needs to have the option to speak to a person if the bot cannot help. I spent months trying to get someone to help with my issue.

Sourya
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 16/03/2019

Excellent for Remote Businesses

I have a company based in the united states but I live abroad. Vonage has made it possible for me to stay in contact with my American clients without them even realizing i'm not in the country.

Pros

Voice to text feature is very important to me as I'm not always in the correct setting to listen to the messages we receive. It's fairly accurate and only seems to have issues with certain accents. The fair pricing and excellent customer service makes Vonage the choice that you are sure to pic.

Cons

At this pricing and the quality of the service, I have no cons.

Thad
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

Failed promises, misleading and mistruths.

It was a massive disappointment. The salesperson originally promised that they could make the Clio integration work on a test account. When the test account would not work, the sales engineer told the salesperson to make it work but the salesperson wanted to set up a "Proof of Concept" POC at no cost to was because she thought there's a problem with her test account. Then, she presented a POC that would have cost $300 and we would've had to sign a two-year contract. The POC addendum failed to include any guarantee that the integration with our case management software would work. We also asked for a guarantee of portability from our current system (RingCentral) to Vonage but they absolutely refused. They said that they could do it contingent upon us cooperating and RingCentral releasing the previous lines but they wouldn't put it in writing. It would've been devastating to us as a small firm to lose our main number that we have possessed for over 20 years. The whole experience with Vonage was disappointing.

Pros

The price was right, and it had in integration with our case management software (Clio) but they could never get it to work on the test account.

Cons

The integration with our case management software did not work with a test account platform set up by the salesperson and the salesperson made of lot of false promises.

Harsh

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Vonage is Just Excellent

Great to have Vonage.

Pros

I have been using Vonage from last 5 years. Its a great think for International calling. The Vonage Mobile Application also do the similar Job. Vonage call quality are really good and the cost of using Vonage is very less. Call forwarding feature really works well. The voice mail are converted into text and sent on your email id is the best feature i like.

Cons

i didn't really found any cons in Vonage, but the application of Vonage of phone something Lag a lot.