About GiftLogic

GiftLogic is a retail management solution for small businesses. In addition to Point of Sale, the solution includes inventory management, customer management, and e-commerce integrations. GiftLogic is an on-premise solution, and...

Browse GiftLogic Reviews

38 of 5,472 reviews
Julia D.

Reviewed on 02/12/2020

More positive than negative.

Overall, I think the product could be fantastic. What keeps it from that is the amount of time trying to get answers to what should and could be simple steps by providing a training guide or manual with the product. In order to train 58 gift shop volunteers in using the software I am now going to need to create training material and reference sheets for them to use in the store.

Pros

The product is generally easy to use. The sales staff was professional. The ability to track inventory was a priority for us and it does a very nice job of tracking inventory. As I try different reports I am finding many of the reports are very good and usable. With practice and hands on use data entry has become very easy. This product has many features that assist the store clerk (quick keys). After establishing a regular connection with one of the tech people he has been patient, kind and VERY helpful in navigating the program.

Cons

Some of the Tech support are very knowledgeable, some are not quite as good at helping via phone. All of our tech support is via phone as on site help is not available. The largest problem is that is no written manual or reference guide of any kind is available. There are some videos on line that are supposed to be available but I have not found any that work. This causes the user to call and try to work out any problems with whatever tech they are able to get ahold of (which is not always easy). With 58 volunteers using the register this is not a viable option. A reference manual or "cheat sheets" with common situations would make all the difference in the world. Sadly, if you want them you have to write them yourself. We have now learned that to continue to have the ability to call for support we will have to pay a high dollar annual fee. Because of this we may abandon the program and go with another that will offer more training material and no annual fees for support.

Angela V.

Reviewed on 09/01/2015

Excellent customer service and tech support

Pros

The system has a user-friendly interface that I love, and the classes GiftLogic offer are even better. I used the training mode a lot while I was between classes to play and learn without making any changes to my inventory, and I am using it with all my employees as well.

Cons

I can honestly say there is only one thing I wish I could change about the program. I wish the inventory sub sections were more customizable instead of the set size, color, etc. For a bookstore, size and color really mean nothing, but Author and Publisher do.

Penny B.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 08/11/2018

Does more then I will ever need

Pros

This system is extremely versatile. Runs many different reports. They have a lot of features many of which I have never used.

Cons

Their integration options are very expensive. Yes they go on sale sometimes but still pricey depending on how many you would need.

Top GiftLogic Alternatives

Jenica B.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016

GiftLogic

The Sales team was fantastic to deal with. After purchasing the software I have received the best of help from their support team. The only issue I have is the fact that the company does not have a line for Canadians. Living in Canada it can get expensive to call them, however I can also interact with their team through email and if the issues continue they will call me. All in all it is great software and I have much more to learn but that will all come with time.

Allen S.

Reviewed on 01/12/2015

Excellent experience with GiftLogic

Pros

Vendor has been very helpful and upfront with information. When I ran into unclear concepts.

Cons

I'm new to the product and am just becoming familiar with it. Issues I've run into so far have been my own lack of familiarity with this specific type of SW.

Phil S.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 05/05/2016

Simple to use and train, but robust.

Pros

Always help available but seldom needed support. I had a special need for a tag printer , they went the extra mile to get it running properly.

Cons

I would like to simplify tag printing, maybe a pop up ? Everything else is great for me.

Penny B.

Reviewed on 20/10/2016

GiftLogic

Gift logic was very helpful initially setting up the software itself and with any issues I was having after. I am not the most techno-savy person and they were very patient in their dealings with me. As for the software itself it has an endless amount of functions which I don't need all of them, however this program could work perfectly for numerous different type of business. Its very versatile and allows you to do almost anything you can think of. Great software and great support team makes an excellent product!

Cynthia W.

Reviewed on 19/10/2015

It is an intuitive program. Easy to follow

Pros

The support team I can call and walk me through anything on the program.

Cons

The hand held UPC bar code reader. The batteries die and it doesn't allow me to check in product.

Dan F.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 12/07/2017

The price is right

I have not been able to use it because I've had to purchase another pc, because the first one I bought was not compatible. .

Pros

It seems like it should be fairly user friendly, however i can't tell for sure. We will see after my new pc shows up.

Cons

You have to buy the hardware to match up exactly as required. I have an i5 processor that runs very fast with my pc. However it will not run this software. You have to buy the hardware exactly as required.

Marcia D.

Reviewed on 26/12/2016

Waste of money and time

Sales rep. lied about the ability of software to track sizes and colors of clothing within a style. They force you to pay annually for support that should come with the software. Not at all user-friendly or intuitive. They are only interested in making the sale. Not sure what kind of business could use this. I see a few good reviews from a tire shop and a church. Clothing stores are NOT able to use this software.

Pros

Nothing

Patricia B.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Challenging

Pros

I am happy to be able to use a POS system that was within budget for my company. The support system is awesome.

Cons

To many departments and that made It confusing for me. It would be nice if it could be modified for my type of business.

Jessica Z.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

Fast and Easy

Easy to use all the functions you need , as well as a monthly report!

Chuck L.

Reviewed on 31/03/2016

We purchased GiftLogic over 2 years ago and we still love it.

Easy to use. The part time cashiers learn it very fast. It is stable, there never seems to be any issues with GiftLogic, it just always works. Whenever I have a question about how to do something, the support staff is always friendly and always available.

Charlene H.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 16/08/2016

GiftLogic for hardware store

Pros

Software is easy to use. Great Technical support team. Price is just right.

Cons

so far I haven't found anything that I don't like about the product or vendor.

Rosie C.

Reviewed on 21/06/2018

Average POS software

Pros

Simple and easy to use. I like that you can integrate client information like birthdays and anniversaries, helps us customize and segment our client database and communications.

Cons

They pride themselves on simplicity being the key to their software but I still find it very hard to use. Once you feel comfortable with it after a big learning curve, I find myself wishing it had more built-in features. Their simplicity model is lacking.

Deborah C.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

GiftLogic for a Church Bookstore

This was not a perfect match - but the price was right and the customer support is fantastic. I was able to implement it in less than two months from transporting date, through cleanup of data, learning to going live; and the volunteer cashiers are thrilled with it. I continue to learn more and more about it. There are some things I cannot do that I could with my other system, but there are many thing that are easier.

Pros

Much easier for cashiers to use - easier to train new cashiers and hold on to cashier volunteers. MANY fewer mistakes with our cashiers. Very easy to do sales and make them easy for cashiers. This is the best part of the program. Getting the monthly sales tax report and some other reports is greatly simplified from what we were doing.

Cons

It is not set up for a bookstore. We want to do a lot of things by "author". It is not configured to do that. We have used a field called "Attribute" to hold the author, but it is problematic for doing some things like getting an inventory checklist list by Department ordered by Author. I wish it had customizable reports. You can export data to excel and create your own report, but to have to do that every time you need the same report over and over again is tedious. If you could just customize the report, the way you can customize the inventory spreadsheet view would be helpful. (Writing that - gives me an idea to try...hmmm)

Maghan S.
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 08/09/2016

Gift Logic Review

Pros

Easy to use and company is easy to get a hold of. I haven't used it long enough but from the training videos I really like all of the functions and how it seems to be easy to navigate. I got the computer and software really quick and it was missing a cord and I got it the next business day and set it all up. I like the customization and tool bars too.

Cons

I haven't use it long enough to say anything bad. I do wish that it worked with a company that could text promotions in addition to email.

Debbie H.

Reviewed on 07/10/2015

It has made my job so much easier.

Pros

It enables me to easily see what has sold and what I need to reorder.

Cons

The "Help" screen pops up when I scan an item that has a double barcode.

Bruce R.
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

splendid

Pros

I truly like when a service can take my words out mu own mouth and deliver the service that im looking for

Cons

i have not been using the product long enough to find a disliking.
there are somethings that just come to you over time.

Jennie G.

Reviewed on 18/08/2016

Great customer service

Pros

Tech support is always willing to help and very friendly.

Cons

Some things in the system aren't set up well for a used (trade-in) bookstore and tech support doesn't always know the best option for correcting it.

Rebecca S.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016

Love this software!

Gift Logic is great. I love the ease of the program. My favorite part is the ability to add picture to the product! See what is being rung up- assuring the purchase is correct. (In the past we have had some customers switch tags to a less expensive item for ring out)
The customer service is fantastic! They have helped me every step of the way. Tony, "BTE" (Best Tony Ever" is great. Along with Jeff and Justin- these guys are so quick and helpful and are there when I call!!!

Pros

Pictures!
PO system
Reports
The QB integration
Customer Service
Inexpensive
Credit card integration.
Speed

Cons

Wish it would take inventory to a negative number.
Find customers regardless of capitalization.

Cindy H.

Reviewed on 08/12/2016

GiftLogic

From the first phone call regarding the product to the last call we had with GiftLogic support, they have been a great company to deal with. The software was to replace a previous POS software that wasn't doing what we needed. GiftLogic has the inventory control, customer contact & rewards info & accounting reports that we need as a young, small business without having the huge cash outlay. They are quick to respond to any inquiry or support question. Their support people are easy to talk to & very helpful & don't talk 'tech talk' when helping.

Pros

Most of the sales calls & support calls have been with the same 3 or 4 people so they are aware of our previous calls. It is very nice to talk to the same people & every one of them has been great!

Theodore R.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Reviewed on 05/05/2016

So far it has met expectations.

Pros

I like the ease of use of the product and the way it links to the on-line store software.

Cons

There is so much in the product that we do not use, it is hard to find and remember things we do need.

Alexis D.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Fantastic Impression

We recommend retailers to GiftLogic and we want to thank Brian for being such a fantastic help.
Aside from our need for something larger, the software seemed to have everything we wanted other than some more in depth features when it came to inventory control and reports.

Pros

Everything about this software was appealing from the customer service to the functionality. We only gave it 4 stars because we did not end up purchasing it due to the need for something larger, but we were very pleased with everything we saw.

Lisa B.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 05/11/2016

Barchester Bookshelf LOVES GiftLogic!

I started a part-time used book business in January 2016, and I chose GiftLogic to keep everything organized. This full-service software excels at inventory, reports, customer service, even eCommerce. And the staff at GiftLogic is remarkable! They are located in the U.S. (!!!), they are cheerful, they are knowledgeable, and they are wonderfully helpful. When a software update created a mini-panic-attack while I was at a book convention in May, I simply called GiftLogic, and they walked me through the simple steps to get this newbie up and running again. I highly recommend GiftLogic for all your point of sale needs!

Pros

As a used book seller, I especially love the ability to create my own barcodes! It's fast, easy, and fun. The inventory reports are also very helpful to me.

Cons

I truly cannot think of any. I have been working with GiftLogic for the better part of the year, and I have never been sorry that I chose them.