About Bindo POS

Bindo POS is a cloud-based point of sale (POS) system that offers inventory management, customer management and e-commerce within a suite. The solution integrates with online marketplaces so that shoppers can purchase products...

3.8
3.7
4.1
3.9

Browse Bindo POS Reviews

Reviewed on 24/12/2018

So Easy to Get Paid!

I wanted to accept credit cards but was afraid about getting all the equipment and not being able to monitor everything. Bindo (along with Quickbooks) resolved all the fears and now I can get paid easily without looking suspicious or inefficient.

Pros

Biased because I have an iPad and this works very well with it, but.... I got a scanner, a drawer, a CC reader, a printer for receipts, and this plays well with my Quickbooks! There's even free customer support and can do other mobile pay and online payments!

Cons

I haven't found it yet, at least the software, I wasn't a fan of the included iPad stand- but not everything can be perfect.

Randy

Reviewed on 28/09/2017

Exceptional customer service.

I would recommend been due to any business owner who is looking for a point-of-sale system. It is easy enough to use that any of your employees can learn it quickly.

Pros

The thing I like most about Bindu is the customer service. They are very quick to get back to you, and resolve any issue promptly and accurately. The software contains all of the aspects of running a business, including a time clock, and most importantly very good inventory control program.

Cons

When I first started up with Bindo, they had not experienced working with a drugstore, healthcare company before. Therefore I had to load much of the inventory myself in the beginning. They did however ramp up very quickly and were able to help me in this aspect of the business rapidly.

Theresa
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

The WORST POS system ever existed

This app has made my life miserable. I do not get a break because my employees are constantly calling me about issue with bindo.

Pros

the look - modern look, first look you will think it's easy to use and is user friendly

Cons

This software will be your worst nightmare for any restaurant. It continues to freeze, unaccruate data, tickets will not print to the kitchen or print MULTIPLE times which results in wasted food. When you are slightly busy, the application freezes. My team constantly would have to go back to customers to ask what they ordered. There is no real support. This application is complete garbage and anyone who rate it hire than a ONE star is a scammer just like this app. I have been using this app for 2 years only because I signed a contract and is bind. Being a small business owner it isn't always necessarily easy to pay for two applications. When I first opened they guarantee a bunch of items that they would send me because there were no support and as soon as I open my restaurant there were tickets flowing into the kitchen wasting our products. We lost so many sales because of upset customer because they are unable to pay their bill. I would either have to comp their meal or they would just leave because of Bindo's application. When I email BIndo regarding my problems, there is no real resolution. They'll ask to update their app, once we do so, we run into 10 other problems. I feel really bad for my employees. One server who's been serving for 10 years said she has never been so stressed working as a server until she arrived at my restaurant using Bindo. PLEASE BE AWARE - DO NOT SIGN UP FOR BINDO!

Top Bindo POS Alternatives

Pieter

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

Our company has been using Bindo for a few years now and it has been a great tool.

Easy to build/set up store, ui/ux is great, easy to pick up and cross train, system is well organized, fantastic customer support.

Pros

Ability to place images to the register hot keys, flexible system to make price adjustments on the fly, great connectivity to other hardware elements (print tags, CC reader, scanner), matrix creation ui/ux, reporting tools are also helpful.

Cons

Initially, split payment was tricky, but once a work flow for that is created it's not bad at all. When creating a matrix of colors/size sometimes the images need individual reassignments or uploading for proper display to specific child products.

Christopher

Reviewed on 25/01/2017

Bindo Retail POS

I like Bindo and most of its features. I do however have some issues with Bindo. One of our biggest issues is printer connectivity, especially the blue tooth printer. I believe the blue tooth version has been discontinued. Another issue that I've noticed is that it takes a long time for software updates. The current problem that is taking a long time to update is the iPhone app. It doesn't work properly and hasn't been fixed for about a year. You cannot pull a report on the phone app or anything accept view current gross sales. I have called in with issues that need to be resolved on the retail POS and some most of our concerns have never been resolved. It appears that the DEV team doesn't consider individual case by case problems serious. They only make changes they see fit for the masses and they don't fix issues for each store.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

DEV team/company does not seem to have any sense of urgency to make software logic changes to meet the needs of its customers. They need to add some serious retail experience to their DEV team that really understands how retail works so that their logic is written more flexible. Especially on the permissions side of the software.

Ellie

Reviewed on 14/02/2017

Seemingly easy to use but has a lot of problems

The system looks good and is intuitive to use... unfortunately thats about it for positive feedback... this system might be good for a restaurant. I cannot speak for that, but for retail, there is a lot to be desired. Its kind of a lot to get into... beyond that, the system crashes a lot. A LOT. I have had the entire system crash while I was in the middle of a sale 3 times over the course of a month that we have been using it. Luckily we purchased 2 registers because I have had to switch out my entire register to the backup just to complete a sale with my customer standing there waiting. If I did not have a back up register, I would be losing so many sales. On Saturday, my register crashed and I could not get it to work again for 6 hours... which brings me to customer service. The customer service agents are nice. They are able to help fix issues... sometimes. They will not answer the phone on weekends but there is a in app messaging system that they will answer. Often times they do not seem to have answers to our questions and will claim that "no one has ever had this problem before" or "our internet is too slow" This has been the answer to questions we have asked countless times. Other times, we ask questions and just don't ever get an answer. They will just stop responding... its frustrating and unprofessional.

Pros

looks good

Cons

crashes all the time, customer service does not know what they are doing

Nickalaus
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 10/09/2018

Decent return on investment

I am satisfied. Good value for the cost and features. They do a good job with request and features. If your a smaller location or quick serve you will be fine.

Pros

It has more customization that other products I looked at, and I anticipate they will continue to develop the product. They do have the ability to manage 90% of the features from a remote location through their web interface which I liked. It does sync with QBO which is huge. Down to the invoice level I am told. Still have not completed that integration just yet. Able to use it in offline mode. Universal on hardware for the most part. They have a live demo.!!!

Cons

The payment integration is not as integrated as you would like to see. They can pass over totals to a third party card reader, but it is not fully integrated. Not a big deal and it works fine. But just something to note. I do think that there support is lacking in staff. They are still a growing company from my perspective and hopefully that will change in the future. I can say items are resolved. I like things to be done quicker but I have higher expectations. I am also not as satisfied with the reports. There are several out there but there should be a Z Report at minimal.

Lisa

Reviewed on 24/01/2017

One of the best wireless POS systems offered

Bindo has been my retail clothing shop's POS program for two years now. It's very easy to learn and to use (I've checked other mobiles out and had used hard-drive systems for 15 years prior. Does it have its glitches? Sure, what wireless program doesn't. Nonetheless, I've never lost data, it's mobile and full info can be accessed from various devices; customers are impressed with the technology (ha, which makes me look really with it); and Bindo support is quick to answer questions.

Pros

Easy access to inventory and sales data, off-site mobility, report and functionality updates, matrix ability inventory, easy interface with printers, scanners, credit card processors, etc. Free hardware offered with a 3-year contract, and flexible financing available.

Cons

There's a limited number of printers (both receipt and labels) that that can interface, and updates can cause some hardware issues. Nothing that's a deal-breaker, though. Many many reports are available but could use more that are specifically toward a clothing retailer, such as matrix bundling in sales reports. Hopefully, that's one of the constant updates.

Kathryn

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

Overall it's pretty good...a little cumbersome but maybe that's user error

Pros

It's a good system for everything in a retail business. I like the reports it keeps, inventory, and sales all together

Cons

It seems to go down during our busiest times. It also gives us no specific rejects(our system or the card) on credit cards. Also we've had strange glitches where it either doubles the sale on a customer or we're not sure it the transaction went through

Will

Reviewed on 03/05/2018

Every pos has it's own pros and cons but bindo seems to be pretty good for a retail liquor...

Pros

Has most of the alcohol-related stuff already saved and the majority of the sku's You type in will have a picture and description and size of the product. Saves a lot of time when setting up a new liquor store.

Cons

Sometimes if a person previously saved a item sku then you have to ask to overwrite their description or name but lately they have upgraded so we can overwrite the name.

Daniela

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

The idea of Bindo is good, but the support isn't there for when things go wrong.

Pros

Modern software and user interface. The ability to create loyalty programs is great. The ability to track users and integrate with other software.

Cons

Development changes a lot of features without really listening to customer feedback. They should improve functionality based on customer reviews. The software doesn't really support over a certain number of products, yet the contract was signed, anyway, without a warning from the Bindo team.

Thomas

Reviewed on 03/05/2018

Lots of great features but customer service is lacking.

Pros

Inventory tracking is fantastic. You simply scan an item and if it's in the cloud, the information pulls automatically

Cons

Constant issues with cards, not processing. Even though I did be connected and my iPad would be online, it would not connect and run cards multiple times throughout the day.

Mitchell

Reviewed on 16/02/2017

Bindo Review

Mostly a good fit for our business. although it could use some enhancements to its user interface and reporting.

Pros

data collection and retrieval, gift cards, credits...

Cons

Slow at times and poor user interface, cannot run yearly vendor sales reports...

kaorra

Reviewed on 27/04/2018

Great system but there's always a problem created when a problem is fixed with an update

Pros

It's iPad compatible and Bluetooth scanner which makes it easy to take around the store especially when busy.

Cons

There's ALWAYS a problem and after learning the new things you have to figure out the new procedures shortly after cause of an update. Very inconsistent. And when pos system has an issue, which is often,you have to use offline version which isn't the same.

Kevin

Reviewed on 21/06/2018

Bindo - Beautiful UX but lacks in execution.

Pros

Bindo is beautiful to work on.. that's about it. It's a great UI (iPad based). Native app that runs smooth.

Cons

Bindo isn't good at business. Inventory? Good luck keeping accurate counts. Want to work on a desktop? When I used Bindo, they did not support the desktop dashboard work. They promised for months, but never delivered.

Benjamin
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

Bindo works pretty well and would be fantastic for small business. Camp is not what it was...

This software communicates with our inventory in Salesforce, which our old POS did not do. It saves us tons of time updating two separate inventories.

Pros

I love the customization that can be added to products. Also, it is super easy to use and sell from. Products can be added on the fly. They're working on a phone app. Overall it's been pretty good for what we're doing, but could be better. Camp is not what it was made for and we really need a custom built POS, but Bindo is great for the price and what it was created for.

Cons

The updates reset a lot of settings. I wish it would keep my preferred settings when an update comes out.

zubair khan
  • Industry: Wireless

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

so much easy to use this software

Pros

the software of bindo is very beneficial and effective in the working and can easy the work of the everyone and effective. the time of response is very high

Cons

the mostly feature of that is helpful for everyone but some of the feature in this software which every user does not understand.

Stacey
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Good yet a mess

Benefits I was able to make an rewards program.

Pros

Very easy to learn. I love the fact that we can set up a Rewards program as well. That is all I can say about software.

Cons

Bindo frequently freeze up also when ringing and finalizing a cell at times it kicks the sellout you will have to rering.

Madyson
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/05/2017

Bindo Is Okay

We've been with bindo for three years and now we're FINALLY switching over to a better system, Bindo charges way more than it is worth.

Pros

Simple to figure out, but once your company gets up and running and gains some momentum, you'll probably want to change to a different one.

Cons

Glitches often, deletes things randomly from the inventory, sometimes it just closes, doesn't integrate

carlos
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits
2.5

Reviewed on 14/04/2016

my rollercoaster experience with bindo pos

Pros

the ability to have reasonably priced pos system for a start-up is a big plus so you can keep tighter control inventory,employees,orders,etc...

Cons

software is buggy and it becomes frustrating when you have re-do your work again and again,also their customer service weak.

Mira

Reviewed on 08/08/2017

Awful pos provider

Been with bindo for two years and will be leaving. Prices are ridiculous compared to industry average. Will bump up your price drastically afterwards.

Pros

Ease of use when system is not down. Not much positive remarks about this company. They will make many promises but fail to deliver.

Cons

Customer service is awful! Very arrogant and they do not care. Constant updates that mess up the system for days. I have had to close the store because system did not work. One of the updates included gift card reprogramming. As a result all outstanding gift cards became invalid. So many other problems.

matthiew
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 24/01/2017

Great for small businesses

Bindo is a great system. we use it at where I work and its great because we can search for all of our items within just a matter of a click, our accountant can manage the store anywhere on the go.

Pros

Great customer support.
cloud based storage system
compatible with tablets
Easy to use UI

Cons

If you have slow internet I wouldn't recommend it.
1. It constantly sends back and forth data all the time and it requires additional time to process data.
2. Sometimes purchases if your internet speeds are low, will not charge on your end, but will still charge the user.
3. Inventory management nightmare for untitled items.

Danielle
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Bindo is very efficient.

Bindo offers an easy way to ring up merchandise and keep track of inventory.

Pros

Ease of use . Find and touch. This system is really good.

Cons

Some of the time it does not accept and store stock changes

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Bindo Review

Pros

Bindo is easy to work with once its set up. Loads of options.

Cons

Sometimes too many options can be overwhelming to a novice user.

Marissa

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

I use Bindo at work. It's the number one form of transaction/record keeping.

Pros

User friendly and fast. When you have a line of parents and children on a rainy day, the last thing you want is an additional wait time. What I appreciate the most is how it allows not only us as administrators at the desk to keep it quick, but it also allows us to keep our customers happy and ready to play! :)

Cons

I wish there was a way to have more flow in the application? Like not have to back out and re-set/ re-type each category!