About MiCloud Connect

MiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel) is a cloud-based VoIP phone system that offers collaboration and conferencing tools to enable information flow within the organization. The solution enables system administrators to manage...

Browse MiCloud Connect Reviews

Shae J.

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Complex Implementation - Low Key Day-to-Day Maintenance

Pros

We were lacking quite a bit with our prior phone system. So the transition to shoretel was much needed. I was involved with the RFP and pricing discussion with a multitude of vendors. In all cases, Shoretel offered the greatest amount of features, including integration with our CRM (Dynamics) all while having the lowest price point. As the Director of HR, I am able to act as system admin with zero technical background, which is also greatly appreciated.

Cons

Reporting analytics are limited. Requires integration with third-party product to get the analytics we prefer. That being said, we dive more into our call details as we are a call center and execute performance metrics at the agent-level based on said data.

Alex C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 15/07/2021

Extremely Useful

I've been using this system for years and overall I'm satisfied, it would just be great if they could fix some of those glitches.

Pros

It's fast and easy to use. Anyone can learn how to use it. There so many features that help get the job done!

Cons

Can be glitchy at times, settings on things like visible voicemails for specific workgroups will un-toggle on their own or some employees select a default for soft phone and mitel refuses to keep that default setting and defaults to DeskPhone.

Kyle J.
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

Cool phone system

It does everything a phone system should do. I would recommend to others.

Pros

This is a good phone system to use. There is an intercom function that is pretty cool to drop in on coworkers. Works as it should.

Cons

I sometimes have issues connecting or showing that I am online. I just have to restart and then it seems to work fine.

Top MiCloud Connect Alternatives

Chris P.

Reviewed on 22/05/2020

Solid Phones & Sturdy products

I like that they are up to date on technology. I like the dial from keyboard function rather than dialing phone numbers all day. We have had many vendors, Shoretel/Mitel products have outlasted most other hardwares if not all.

Pros

I have used Shoretel/Mitel for 10 years now, i have been using the same phone since implementation. These are sturdy and well put together phones.

Cons

The initial sales rep was kind of a shark. Needless to say he is no longer doing sales for shoretel. Shoretlel did the right thing and made good on his promises.

Chris E.

Reviewed on 11/04/2019

Great phone system and management tools

Great solution for dispersed call centers with complex organization. Enables us to manage the entire call process, but did not communicate well with our other data strategies.

Pros

Great all around flexible phone system, enables many of our trusted call center associated to work remotely and yet still be tied into the main platform. Great at capturing data.

Cons

Hard to pull the data out as the instance is localized inside our firewall, making it difficult to grant access to some but not all departments using the tool. Would have loved a better way to get the data out and leverage our BI rather than only have Brightmetrics to assess it.

Mekesha G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 08/09/2016

Contact center solution that is easy to use.

Pros

The product is very easy for supervisors or managers in your call center to use. You are able to manage several calls groups and CSR's easily by looking at one screen. Its very easy to add new agents using the contact center director. The agent toolbar is very easy to configure at the agents workstations as long as you know the IP address. You are able to easily move agents in and out of the contact center groups. The reports are easy to access, create, and modify to obtain the data that you need to analyze daily.

Cons

In order to do a required system upgrade the contact center had to be closed and we were a 24 hour call center at the time.

Jamison O.
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 09/03/2018

This is easy to use, keeps record/history of phone calls and able to transfer dial as well.

You are able to go back and check your call history and check voicemail and see who it is versus calling and not knowing.

Pros

Pros: You are able to check call history, check your length of calls, run reports, check statistics, works well with the phone itself and virtual system (application) on the computer.

Visual of who left voicemails and caller id.

Cons

Cons, If the virtual system to log in off ect. goes down it is cumbersome to use the phone to log in and out and check history.

Jay B.

Reviewed on 25/05/2016

Simply The Best

Pros

ShoreTel's TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) is the lowest in the industry, and part of that reason is because so many ShoreTel features come right out of the box. With other phone systems, you have to buy a different package or have to pay individually for features to be used. Not with ShoreTel. Also, I like the fact that ShoreTel is just a phone company. All of their R&D budget goes into making their system better, not just supporting what part of their product line is making the most revenue.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about ShoreTel. It is the best business phone system on the market, and I highly recommend it.

Kate R.

Reviewed on 08/08/2017

I use Shoretel to make all of my inbound and outbound calls. This is helpful to track my...

-easy to make calls to clients

Pros

-easy to type in numbers to make calls (or paste in numbers)
-easy reporting to see how many calls were made
-FWD calls to cell phone is very handy when working remotely

Cons

-calls do not always FWD to cell (could this be a VPN issue? possibly)
-voicemail sometimes plays on computer or calls cell (Inconsistent)

Emily G.

Reviewed on 01/11/2017

good phone software

Pros

visual voicemail, call queues, history, address book, I can copy and paste phone numbers from the web, easy to use

Cons

I use the softphone feature of this on VPN which can occasionally cause problems. Everytime I restart my vpn I have to restart the software, sometimes multiple times to get it to connect to the server

Tom J.

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

No complaints, this is a good phone.

This phone has not damaged my hearing in any way, shape, or form.

Pros

I like that the software is so simple and helpful. Shoretel really does make my job easier when I need to make a call.

Cons

The maximum volume level isn't as loud as I'd like, which makes it harder for old folks like me to hear things.

Mike F.

Reviewed on 05/10/2017

ShoreTel Customer Review

Overall ShoreTel has been a great product.

Pros

ShoreTel provides easy access and controls
Call quality and clarity has been great
Quite a few advanced functions

Cons

Some of the advanced admin features can be hard to find
Compatibility with some wireless headsets
Additional modes from the main screen

Jennifer J.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 24/02/2017

5 years of use

It's been 5 years since our company switched from an old PBX to VoIP and there were some difficult times during the transition, but overall it was the right decision. So many more features and it really connected our two locations and facilitated better communication.

Pros

Great features and great support options out there. Reliable and even if the internet is down it reverts back to analog lines so there is no interruption of service.

Cons

Obviously dependent on reliable internet. For a while our internet here was up and down constantly and it made our VoIP experience very poor. Hard to maintain in-house so we pay a certified dealer to handle our support.

Jonas C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 19/09/2017

Makes Remote Work Easy

Pros

Easy to use VOIP software, makes working remotely simple. Seamless integration with a headset/microphone combo.

Cons

Interface is a little outdated looking and could use a UI facelift. Occasional issues with sound when using over VPN.

Daniel L.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 18/03/2015

ShoreTel User for 8 Years Plus

Pros

It's easy to manage, there's good API's and there is a limited number of hardware components. Many of the IP phone systems lack features that have long been in the older phone system, but ShoreTel has worked. Plus they've added their basic Workgroup Call Center software. While it is an extra license, it's easy to manage and has the functionality we need.

Cons

Some system instability and they don't seem to be adding features to their API's.

William B.

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Shoretel is a fantastic and easy to use phone service.

Easy to use phone service that exceeds expectations.

Pros

I like the functionality the most. Many features that are very intuitive make Shoretel easy to use..

Cons

Honestly there isn't much for me to complain about. I've never had an issue so have never dealt with customer service. I suppose a mute button would be nice for when I don't want to answer a call, but don't want to send it immediately to VM either, so I don't have to listen to incessant ringing. Ha!

April H.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Mitel

The support team was very nice, but problems did not get solved quickly and problems happened often

Pros

Translation option and we liked the actual phones.

Cons

Needed to contact support often and they were not available often.

FluentStream

Reasons for Choosing MiCloud Connect

Cox wasn't working to our satisfaction
Polly T.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

It works, but could be improved upon

Overall, MiCloud seems to be decent software for the job. However, it does have its downsides, and I probably wouldn't choose it if presented with a more reliable option at the same price point.

Pros

I am able to see which customer service agents have open lines, which are away from their desks, and which are on other lines, which makes it easier for me as a receptionist to transfer calls back and forth. I also like the ability to customize lines to enable transfers to various departments and branches across our nationwide company.

Cons

Calls are dropped too frequently for my liking, and often the transfers do not complete properly and bounce back to my line, which can cause confusion and inconvenience to customers during busy times.

Reviewed on 07/11/2017

I utilize ShoreTel Connect Cloud to manage my desk phone and voicemail.

Very few. It's biggest benefit to me is the "in a meeting" function so my ringer doesn't sound when I don't want it to. Otherwise, its lack of (working) functionality is frustrating to me and my staff. When we rely on ShoreTel, we're often let down. I would not recommend it, I'd prefer to use Avaya's cloud offering.

Pros

The ability to set states (in a meeting, vacation, available, etc) is the primary perk. I also like the ability to download voicemail files for record-keeping or forwarding to other ShoreTel users in my office.

Cons

The functionality of certain features is unstable. Call forwarding works with hit or miss accuracy. I've had issues with calls being forwarded, but are unanswerable once the other line rings. Additionally, the ease of use for many of the phone options are clunky. My phone has the color display, yet I have to use the numeric keypad to select features on and off like older legacy style phones. I'm also frustrated I get notified of voicemails in Outlook when off my network, but I'm unable to play the file from the cloud.

• Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Micloud contact center

We love the software, easy to setup and use

Pros

Loved the reports it generates, lots of informations and is customizeable to get the info that you are needing

Cons

Support is hard to reach when you need them

Colleen O.

Reviewed on 05/06/2018

Not Consistent Enoug

Pros

I like have a click to call feature - that's really nice for those of us that spend a lot of time on the phone. It's nice to be able to group people into contacts for easy access.

Cons

Not consistent! Shuts down a lot, often hear things in the background, sometimes it will show me I missed a call but the call never rang.

Miles T.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 07/11/2017

We use ShoreTel to improve employee performance on calls by allowing us to download recordings...

Pros

There was not very much configuration necessary on the part of the end user. When I place a call from my phone, it records and logs it.

Cons

It takes a very long time for a call to be recognized and downloadable, meaning you might have to wait several hours to be able to download the call you just had. There was a period of time a few months ago that the call downloading simply stopped working. There was no fix that anyone at our organization was aware of. Then it randomly started working again with no indication of what the original problem was.

Thayer R.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 17/03/2015

Implemented more than six years ago, very low cost of ownership

Pros

It's easy to implement, administrate and maintain. It's a well-developed product and our vendor is organized, fast to respond and the technicians are highly trained.

Cons

Not allowing direct support might be a bit inconvenience. Plus, they did not develop video conferencing or audio conferencing devices. To make things worse, IP8000 is no longer available.

Stephanie N.

Reviewed on 27/11/2017

Very basic phone service

Good for its price, just like all other systems it definitely also glitches and cuts out.

Pros

It does it's job, you can make calls and I do appreciate the integration with Salesforce. Compared to other systems this is one of the few systems that logs incoming calls which is really helpful.

Cons

Its a bare bone phone operating system. The interface could be a lot more sleek and they can somehow streamline the steps it takes to find a call and download the call you need. The system is always crashing, not very useful when you're in sales.

Jennifer S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 26/12/2018

Mitel, The best

reducing my time using keyboard, It will improve my Carpio Tunnel Syndrome

Pros

They can save the phone numbers that I use in a daily basis

Cons

It shows on my screen on an unexpected way!