About TaxDome

TaxDome is an accounting practice management software designed to help bookkeepers, accounting firms, and certified public accountants (CPAs) manage both internal practice management (workflow, CRM, reporting) and for client-facin...

4.7
4.7

Browse TaxDome Reviews

2,939 of 2,939 reviews
Brittnie

Reviewed on 10/01/2020

Finally found what I was looking for!

OMG the email tasks seriously I don't have to search through my emails to find client stuff anymore, it makes me so happy I could cry. And yea I may be overreacting a bit, but the number of emails I receive is ridiculous, so this seriously makes my life so much better.

Pros

This software has the features I've been searching for for the past 3+ years. The customer support is amazing, responses are fast and if there is ever anything I'm looking for, if it's not available it's in the works!
Specifically, though I love that this app has the request feature that I can use for general communication with a client throughout tax season. Also the Emails as tasks. OMG, this makes my work life so much more streamlined!

Cons

There are still some features I would like to see, but as I already said these are in the works and I fully believe this company is hustling to get us, users, what we want!

Response from TaxDome

Thank you Brittnie, your feedback is valuable to us. We are happy to know that you got everything that you need.

Replied 30/07/2021
Raymond

Reviewed on 11/09/2023

Just getting started but I am loving it

Pros

The automation seems quite amazing. I am looking forward to learning more of the platform.

Cons

Very time-consuming when it comes to getting things migrated from ATOM

Julie
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 14/09/2023

Great too, if set up properly

this is my first year and so far it is worth the cost

Pros

task management. once this was set up, it was easier to track project stage

Cons

implementation is very difficult, but customer support is great and very helpful

FileCloud and ShareFile

Pricing

SmartVault

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

more than just file sharing

Top TaxDome Alternatives

Reviewed on 06/07/2023

Canadian accounting firm review

Pros

Has just the features we needed. Their interface is not overly cluttered like other programs, which can overwhelm new users. TaxDome is straight forward and there is more than enough online videos to walk you through how to use the program.

Cons

Pricing is not low, but also not out of the norm for practice management software. The requirement to pay one-year up front for the first license is a bit annoying as it makes you feel like you need to be all in, right away. Not saying this is a bad thing, but if you are on a tighter budget, you may want to look at lower cost software to piece together for your practice management needs.

Financial Cents, Karbon and Firm360

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

The layout and features were easier to digest than Karbon. Financial Cents were missing some integration components and document management features.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy that you like our software, one of our main aims is to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place.

We want to assure you that we strive to provide our clients with the best value for their investment by continuously improving software to increase your productivity and efficiency.

If you have any questions or need assistance with anything please let us know.

Replied 18/07/2023
Tanisha

Reviewed on 30/07/2023

Great CRM for tax professionals. It is a must have for TNT.

My experience has been great. Works well for my firm.

Pros

I like that clients documents can be stored here and be accessed at any time. I also like the invoice feature.

Cons

I least like that isn't compatible with my scheduling app

Response from TaxDome

Hello Tanisha,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate it!

We are happy that you like our software, and the diversity of features we have to offer.

One of our main aims is to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place.

We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

Replied 08/08/2023

Reviewed on 14/08/2023

Love it!

TaxDome replaced my document storage, password, pdf editor apps.

Pros

TaxDome is more robust then most of the other software like this

Cons

For the full version you must pay for the full year upfront, no monthly pricing.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and Canva

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

More robust features all in one place

Financial Cents
Yulia

Reviewed on 13/08/2023

Great and convenient Client Portal

Overall great product. But their pricing policy changed significantly. I don't think it's fair to raise prices by 1/3 for both types of packages - Lite and Pro. Now they want you to pay $800 instead of $600 a year ago for a Pro package or lock into the 3-year contract with the one-off prepayment of $1,800. That's not a fair business model.

Pros

The Client Portal is very convenient. My favorite functionality is digital signing of the documents - no need to send the e-mails back and forth, scan signed documents and so on.

Cons

The integration with TaxAct Professional which I thought would be beneficial for my business, didn't work at all.

Lisa

Reviewed on 16/08/2023

Such a great tool for a small firm

Workflow is great

Pros

Easy to use for both myself and clients.

Cons

Wish it was more customizable. Also having to pay for a full year at once is hard for a smaller business just getting started.

Reviewed on 11/08/2023

I love it & how i used it more & more

I’m easying it all the time for learning and knowledge more important

Pros

IT’s very easy for using & important things for what you want to learn about

Cons

I like it so much , i want to développer my knowledge in this application more. It’s so amazing

Marina
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 03/08/2023

A revolutionary change in my accounting practice.

It's really nice the ability to centralize all my tasks and tools in one place has been extremely convenient. I no longer have to spend time and money using multiple programs or platforms.

Pros

It's great I can set and schedule my reminders, due dates and recurring tasks automatically which has saved me a lot of time and kept me organized without having to remember everything manually.

Cons

Well I have had to wait a little longer than I wanted to get answers to my questions or solutions to the problems I have faced.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Marina!

We're pleased to hear that you've found value in the automated features of TaxDome, such as setting reminders, due dates, and recurring tasks. We designed these functionalities with the aim of boosting your efficiency and organization, and it's wonderful to know that they have proven beneficial in saving you time and keeping your tasks in order.

Thank you for raising the concern regarding response times for answers to your questions or solutions to problems you've faced. Your feedback is important to us, and we apologize for any delays you've experienced in receiving assistance. To address this, we're committed to tracking and improving response times for inquiries. We understand that timely support is crucial for your experience with our platform, and we're actively working to ensure that you receive prompt and helpful responses moving forward.

If you encounter any further delays or have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Replied 09/08/2023
Jamie
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 02/09/2020

Trial to subscribe

I watched the pre-recorded demo, attended the live demo - which was so great to be able to speak with voice (vs chat is an option) live with humans at the end of the demo! So helpful! Then speaking to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in tech support when I had more questions throughout the trial, especially questions that weren't answered on the site. I just subscribed and took advantage of the option to review for an additional free month to my account. At first I was hesitant about the cost, but once I realized all that was included and the money I won't need to spend next year (secure portal elsewhere), and to have the website hosting included - that brings the costs to very reasonable!! I'm hoping that doesn't change drastically once I'm all set up!

Pros

I really like that this seems to be an all-in-one product! I looked at many firm management products and TaxDome seems to have everything I was looking for plus several additional options that I never expected to be taken care of by a firm management software. Such as the website - I don't need a complex site right now. I'm super excited for this next tax season to have the portal and all client aspects in one spot! The KBA e-signature authorization is perfect too!

Cons

There is a pause when moving between screens. That gets frustrating. But I'm noticing that with more cloud-based software (QBO, Gusto). Some tasks seem cumbersome - there could be short cuts on the current screen to go back to enter another of the same, such as manual time entry. Once one is entered, to go back to enter more takes MANY clicks and screen waits.

Zoho One, Dubsado, 17hats and Ignition

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I have been searching for over a year and tried to start with Pascal Workflow (the field above would not let me add Pascal as an answer) but had trouble with my email account linking. I am having issues with that here but I'm learning it may be how my Microsoft 365 accounts are set up. I'll be checking with an IT company on that. I've also been wanting to set up a basic website for a few years now and have not taken the time or wanted to spend the thousands of dollars plus hosting. Having it here is a HUGE bonus!

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Everything I was looking for PLUS MORE - is included in TaxDome! I really like the daily live demo, that was huge. Plus, so far, customer service has been responsive and wonderful! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been super helpful and pleasant to work with! I am hoping the changes/updates coming really add better functionality in the software. I'm really hoping the experience with TaxDome only grows in the upward and positive direction for years to come!

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Jamie! Your feedback is valuable to us. To request new features, https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need - our product team is very engaged and active on our feature request board

Replied 09/08/2021
Juliette

Reviewed on 26/06/2023

Tax Dome for our Advisory and Tax Firm

Our overall experience is great. The support team is especially helpful in training us and helping us to set up our pipelines, workflows, organizers, etc.

Pros

The workflow and pipelines features are going to help us to be much more efficient. We are excited to automate so many of the processes we were accomplishing manually. We also love the client portal: everything the client needs to be aware of is on the portal's homepage for them to see right away.

Cons

TaxDome is complex, so there is a bit of a learning curve.

Canopy

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

We had been using several different products to perform Practice Management. TaxDome combines features from each in one system.

Teamwork, Teamwork CRM, ShareFile and PandaDoc

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Came highly recommended by fellow tax and advisory practitioners, the support is truly great and the TaxDome features and funtionality are very good and work with our way of working.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Juliette!

We're thrilled to hear that you're excited about the workflow and pipelines features that TaxDome offers. It's wonderful to know that these tools are poised to enhance your efficiency by automating processes that were previously manual. Additionally, we're glad that you're finding value in the client portal, where important information is readily accessible for your clients.

We understand that TaxDome's comprehensive nature can present a learning curve due to its complexity. We appreciate your honesty in highlighting this aspect. Learning a new platform can indeed take some time, but we want to reassure you that we're here to support you every step of the way.

Our support team is available to provide assistance via chat and email, and we're also happy to arrange screen-sharing sessions to guide you through any challenges you encounter. We've curated an extensive collection of articles and tutorials in our knowledge database to aid in your understanding of the platform.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any assistance o guidance. We're happy to help!

Replied 09/08/2023
Heidi

Reviewed on 12/04/2023

Saving me so much time

TaxDome has eliminated so many of my tracking spreadsheets and freed up so much time for me. The client portal is a serious upgrade from what I was using before as well.

Pros

I love the task management and pipeline features of Tax dome. Automating tasks is a lifesaver.

Cons

I would like to see more time tracking features, being able to have my team clock in and out for the day, and then track their time across all tasks and breaks would really be helpful and eliminate another bulky spreadsheet. Also the addition of a budget for each task, so we can track the budgeted time for each task/job and compare to the actual time our employees spent on it.

Canopy and Asana

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I needed to free up the time I was spending each week and month maintaining task trackers, client trackers, tax return trackers, etc in Excel and I needed a new client portal.

Microsoft Excel

Response from TaxDome

Hello Heidi,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas, and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner, and selecting Feature Requests.

Replied 27/04/2023
Lynnorra

Reviewed on 12/01/2022

One-Stop-Shop for Accountants

I have been able to drastically reduce other subscriptions in my technology stack by approximately $2,300/year by leveraging Tax Dome.

Pros

I love that billing, client portal, document sharing, and communications between the firm and the client is so seamless! I use this to manage my practice and scale services in one place. This has been a huge time saver for me without having to switch between multiple systems just to send a email or request key documents.

Cons

At this moment, TaxDome doesn't allow for reoccurring payments for monthly clients but this is on their roadmap for implementation. Additionally, just understanding where "FIRM LEVEL" documents can be stored for team use is another place to understand how to be more efficient. I was able to solve for this by making my firm an account and portal to use just like clients! Lastly, I do think it is a huge upfront investment when you have a team of 5 or more, but the annual savings is key here.

Dubsado and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I enjoyed that everything was in one place.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax Dome has a Accounting Firm Focus and useful templates that assist with workflow management and automation.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you very much, Lynnorra. Your feedback is much appreciated.

You can upload documents to the Private folder since this will be visible to you.
But, you already found a great solution, it can be more convenient and organized to have a separate account for your firm documents.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Replied 01/04/2022
Marc

Reviewed on 17/01/2023

TaxDome has revolutionized our project & client management giving our clients a single app to...

Pros

I love that there are both client and firm facing apps. In addition, after using other software, the ability to direct message a client inside the software keeps it encrypted and confidential. Also after much trial of other software, TaxDome allows us to give a client a open item list of to-do's and track the deliverables as they are completed without having to constantly update the request and keep manually tracking what is neededed.

Cons

We are waiting for the ability to autopay the recurring invoices. Additionally, we would like to be able to customize an existing pipeline template per client, without creating multiple template copies, which is currently on the roadmap which we are excited about!

Jetpack Workflow

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Canopy did not have a direct message feature to speak to clients without "requesting" data. Further, the messaging happened outside the software in the native text app on the phone creating the opportunity for sensitive data to leak. Additionally, there was no easy way to create an open items list and track it. Finally, and most importantly, we were looking for a one stop app that also allowed us to customize the organizer.

Canopy

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

1) Direct messaging in app, 2) Checklist of open items sent to client to easily track deliverables, 3) customizable organizers

Response from TaxDome

Hello Marc,

Thank you for your kind review !
We're thrilled that you appreciate both client and firm facing apps! You can rest assured knowing your confidential information is secure with direct messaging capabilities inside TaxDome. Plus, you have access to an open item list of tasks which allows you to track deliverables without having to constantly update requests or manually tracking what is needed - something other software often falls short on!

At TaxDome, we are always looking for ways to improve our services and provide the best experience possible to our clients. We take our customers feedback seriously and strive to meet their needs by continuing to develop new features that make your practice management easier.

We understand your desire for autopayment options when it comes to recurring invoices, so we're happy to announce this feature is currently in development and will be released soon! Additionally, we just released an improved version of the pipeline settings interface to make managing multiple clients in less pipelines even more efficient than ever before.

The satisfaction of our customers remains a top priority, and we look forward to continuing working towards providing the best service possible while meeting all of your needs along the way!

Replied 26/01/2023
Erica

Reviewed on 25/02/2023

Best Product Yet! Highly Impressed!

Pros

The product is easy to navigate, with much more fluids craters than it’s competitors. Everything I need is at my fingertips and clients are adjusting well.

Cons

It’s more difficult to learn the automotive workflows, but that is mostly due to me learning during peak season. I just don’t have the time to dedicate to learning as I need to right now.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Erica,

Thank you for your kind review, it is valuable to us!

We are thrilled to hear that you find our product easy to navigate and that it provides you with everything you need at your fingertips. We are also glad to hear that your clients are adjusting well to the platform.

Regarding your feedback on the difficulty of learning the automotive workflows, we understand that it can be challenging to learn new things during peak season when time is of the essence. However, we want you to know that our team is always available to provide support and assistance whenever you need it. We also have many learning resources like help articles, our TaxDome YouTube channel, TaxDome Academy, our FB Community, and more.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or need any assistance with learning the workflows.

Replied 08/03/2023
Tyler

Reviewed on 08/07/2022

Great Overall All-In-One Software But Client Communication Needs Improvement

One other thing that can be cleaned up is the Academy. Just having a list of a hundred videos is difficult to find what I am looking for. If this was organized better, I may learn better ways to utilize TD.

Pros

I like the security and the portal the most. It is one of the most important needs. The workflows can be made as complex or as simple as I would like and they make work more efficient.

Cons

I would like the ability to edit documents directly in the TD environment. The messaging feature is severely lacking. It would be nice if there was a main messaging page in the left panel. It would bring up a list of all messages, instead of having to go to the client then to their messages. As we do more than just taxes, and we offer bookkeeping services, it would be nice if we could link QBO to TD in a way that when the account Uncategorized Expenses in QBO, TD would send a chat out asking what the transaction was for. The would be able to select from the list of accounts currently in QBO.

Karbon and Ignition

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax partner had already purchased this when we formed our company, so we decided to stay with it.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for your detailed feedback, Tyler. We appreciate the ideas you shared with us.

Documents can be edited with our PDF editor, or if you open up a document on the TaxDome drive and make changes, it will be saved to TaxDome as well.

As for your other ideas, I would like to refer you to our a Feature Request Board, which is available to our paying subscribers. Firms can submit feature requests and upvote existing ones. The requests with the most votes get prioritized.

We would like to inform that we are constantly working on the improvement of our features and software.
Please let us know if you have any questions or need assistance with anything. We will be happy to assist you.

Replied 11/07/2022

Reviewed on 09/06/2021

Terrific Product That Understands How Accountants and Tax Preparers Work

Pros

This product is focused on its customer base. It is not trying to be all things to all industries. The developers understand how accountants and tax preparers work. Even in the short time I have been a client, there is a strong development effort to make the product better and more useful. Customer vote on what improvements they want to see added to the program and TaxDome provides a roadmap on what features are being developed and when they will be implemented. TaxDome's culture is focused on customer service.

Cons

It is clear that TaxDome has done a good job of integrating CRM, document storage, e-signatures, and client communications. As a browser-based solution, it suffers from all the problems that products that work over the Internet have. Whenever I have problems it is hard to know whether it is my internet connection, the number of browser screens open, or something with TaxDome and its servers. I do know it is as good as my previous broswer-based CRM and its speed is comparable to QuickBooks Online.

I would like the email and message templates to be better. Currently, you can't use fields in the contact records within emails to make them more client-friendly. Also, the invoicing features need improvement. The amount of information that can be included in an invoice is limited and I provide my clients with a line item invoice to show why their tax returns cost what they do.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Mark,

Appreciate the feedback. This is what helps us improve TaxDome. The ability to add more short codes (add data from existing contact records) is currently in development (you can upvote the existing request we have here so you'll be notified of its progress: https://feedback.taxdome.com/feature-requests/p/shortcodes-in-communication-with-the-client-emails ) and we recently rolled out Services to itemize your invoices in TaxDome so clients can see exactly what they're paying for: https://help.taxdome.com/article/393-services

Replied 19/07/2021
Sandy

Reviewed on 02/12/2020

Ease of Use and Customer Service

My overall experience with TaxDome to date has been very positive. I just finished my 2 week free trial and am excited to fully customize the software and use it to its full extent. I feel that it will make a big impact on the organization of our team and the overall client experience.

Pros

I love the ease of use for the client and the available app. I've practiced using it as a client and it is so easy to sign up, activate and upload documents and information. I have also utilized the onboarding on several occasions and have been very pleased. It's been easy to schedule a session and everyone I spoke to has been extremely knowledgeable and patient.

Cons

Creating the pipelines and understanding the relationships between tasks, templates, automations, etc has been challenging and will be time consuming to fully customize, but I feel it will be worth it in the long run.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for your feedback!

Replied 29/07/2021
Dustin

Reviewed on 17/05/2023

Good Software

Good so far. Just ended our free trial.

Pros

I like the pipelines and automation. That is going to help us streamline our processes.

Cons

I would really like a more robust time budgeting and time tracking function. I really want my employees to be able to see the expected time budget on each job and the progress towards that as work is performed so they can be aware of it as they work and for the Partners and Managers to be able to report on time v budget easily.And honestly, the name as a turn off. The name Tax Dome made us feel this was a solution for tax only. Tax is only 20% of our firms revenue so we almost didn't look at it.

Karbon

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

JetPack was no longer meeting our needs.

Jetpack Workflow

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Honestly, neither product was perfect. Each had features unique to them that we loved and wished we could marry the two for the perfect solution. However, Tax Dome was closer to perfect and have a track record of pushing out features faster. So we felt in the long run TD will get to perfect faster.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Dustin!

Thank you for providing your feedback on your experience with TaxDome. We appreciate your positive remarks regarding our pipelines and automation features, which have helped streamline your processes. We understand the importance of efficiency and optimization in your day-to-day operations.

We also acknowledge your desire for a more robust time budgeting and tracking function. We understand the need for accurate time budgeting and the ability to track progress against those budgets in real-time. This information is crucial for employees to stay informed while working on projects and for partners and managers to report on time versus budget easily. We are constantly working on enhancing our platform, and your suggestion regarding time budgeting and tracking will be taken into serious consideration as we plan future updates and improvements.

Your input is invaluable to us as we strive to continuously improve our platform and meet the evolving needs of our users. We genuinely appreciate your candid feedback, and we encourage you to reach out to our support team with any further suggestions or concerns.

Have a great day!

Replied 29/05/2023
Marc

Reviewed on 30/10/2022

Tax Dome Document Management

Setup is pretty easy, but it would be nice to have a file transfer system that could handle multiple folder to folder transfer setup so that everything from your old portal could be transferred to the tax dome portal in one fell swoop versus transferring everything manually from folder to folder via the tax dome drive.

Pros

The document management system seems quite robust, and the security and encryption features built into the software seem top notch.

Cons

The ability to have nested folders that are assigned a different privacy / security level versus the parent folder is a negative feature that must be worked around by creating a separate file folder chain.The ability to print from your tax software and have the files go directly into the proper account and file folder (Like SmartVault has) is a negative that I'm hopeful that will be developed quickly, as navigating to the correct folder every time a different client needs to be uploaded to the secure portal will be a royal pain in the ***.

Onehub, ShareFile and TitanFile

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

SmartVault was kind enough to implement a 288% price increase for the 2023 tax year.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax Dome presence and support in the tax community and affiliation with NAEA and NATP were the main reasons I went with Tax Dome.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Marc. Your feedback is valuable to us.

As of now, the privacy level of the top-level folder will be applied to all subfolders, and can't be changed individually. However, we have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers where feature requests can be submitted, and existing requests upvoted. We already have an existing request for changing the privacy level here: https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/subfolder-permissions-not-just-top-level-permissions
Please feel free to upvote, and submit a new request regarding the transfer process, so that other firms can upvote.

If you have any questions, or need assistance with anything, please let us know.

Replied 29/11/2022
Sharise

Reviewed on 11/05/2023

A better option

Tax Dome is helping me organize my practice so I'm not so stressed about getting things done and forgetting any tasks. I'm still getting used to the workflows but the ones I've used so far were great! Just the few automations, cut out more than an hour of my work time and tasks were completed without me having to manually do anything. My last engagement was completed and client paid in less than a week! I've never had that before.

Pros

The cost of Tax Dome is much better in comparisson to other similar platforms. I've used 2 others and both were over 1200.00 per year and did not come with support as good as Tax Dome! The customer support is really outstanding. They help with setting things up and you can reach out to them anytime, and you get real live people to help. Also, it bares repeating, the price is just unbeatable for what you get.

Cons

It does take some getting used to. Setting up is time consuming as well as transferring files and clients from different platforms. The pipelines are great but getting them set up, if there isn't already a pipleline, is super time consuming. Definitely not something you'd want to do in the middle of tax season.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Sharise,

Thank you very much for your review. It is valuable to us!

We understand that the setup may be a bit overwhelming at the beginning, but we give our best to assist our clients during the setup. We offer free and unlimited chat and email support, free screen-sharing sessions, and a knowledge database with plenty of help articles and tutorials.
You can also find us on Youtube, and Facebook and you can check our TaxDome Academy.

If there is anything we can do for you, please reach out to us.

Replied 16/05/2023
Juliana

Reviewed on 15/02/2023

Works right out of the gate

really good experience so far. Automating recurring tasks, due dates, automated forms will be huge for my business.

Pros

The client portal is so easy! it's saving my life helping me be so much more organized. I used smartvault before and this is way more bang for the buck.

Cons

The arrangement of accounts versus contacts is not my favorite but it's getting the job done. I am very excited about getting all my projects set up on automated pipelines although the learning curve has been steep for me. I was able to migrate, get organizers set up and send the portal link to all clients in one day. Editing templates and figuring out the workflow is taking me a lot longer but I believe the set up will be worth it's weight in gold in 2-3 months! Pricing had a little bait and switch on the annual contract agreement. Would be nice if the "$50 monthly" price didn't seem like a trick due to the 3 year advance contract requirement.

SmartVault, Canopy and Firm360

SmartVault's portal SUCKS

SmartVault and Asana

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

better fit for my practice, ease of trial

Response from TaxDome

Hello Juliana,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, it is valuable to us!

We are delighted to hear that you are finding our client portal easy to use and that it has helped you become more organized. We understand that switching to a new system can be challenging, and we appreciate your patience as you learn the ropes.

Please know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas, and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner, and selecting Feature Requests

Regarding pricing, we would like to inform you that the recent change we made to our pricing system is to better match the value of our software and its features. We also understand the importance of consistency in pricing for our long-term customers. Therefore, we have provided an opportunity for firms to keep paying the same price as before with our multiple-year plans. We want to assure you that we do not have any tricks or bait in our pricing. We always strive to be transparent and upfront with our customers about our pricing and terms. If you would like to learn more about this change, please take a look at this article : https://taxdome.com/pricing

Replied 09/03/2023
Nicholas
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

Finally an all in one solution!

TaxDome is a really great all in one solution for taxpractices. It looks good, its easy for clients to use, they have had nothing but good things to say about it. It needs e-signature improvements to truly replace docusign or signnow but it works well for most things. They added multiple features just during my trial period so I know more updates are coming.

Pros

I love that everything for managing clients, file sharing, gathering and requesting documents and the smart email inbox, is all in one place. I have been using a number of solutions that don't integrate thoroughly to achieve these things and finally i can have all these features in one place at a fair price. I am very happy with it. It does have shortcomings in some areas but they are constantly improving it and adding features. Support is also very responsive. They also have a really great email integration which collects files sent to your email and saves correspondence with clients in the client file, no more dragging and dropping correspondence from outlook into the client folders or saving attachments and dragging and dropping where to go. If the email is linked with a Taxdome client account it goes through your inbox and adds all client communications automatically.

Cons

There are some features that could be improved. Some of pipeline and workflow tools I haven't quite implemented. These could be improved with some sample templates that could be customized. Designing a workflow from scratch is difficult and I feel like i might be leaving things out, templates would give a baseline of common practices that would guide new users on how to take advantage of these features. Signature implementation could use some work, getting signatures from two spouses isnt well done, there should be an option for them to physically sign on their phone instead of using the signature font for the printed signature, and it has to have knowledge based e-signature (this would come at an additional cost to us users but it is required for certain document electronic signatures). I'm not concerned about these shortcomings because they are constantly adding updates and im sure improvements are on the way.

Response from TaxDome

Thanks, Nicholas!

We have added a template library to pipelines, so you no longer have to start from scratch.

We've also added KBA to e-signatures as an option.

Thank you for your feedback - more updates and improvements on the way!

Replied 12/08/2020
Erica L
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

Best Bang For Your Buck

So far, this has been a great investment. The pricing for what you get is very doable, and the fact that I don't have to keep up with a million things anymore is definitely worth the price tag of the software!

Pros

It has all of the management tools you need to keep up with not only your tax clients but also your bookkeeping clients in one place. Before, I was using multiple systems and tools for each, but now I can pretty much use just TaxDome. It has all of the features, including messaging, a client portal, emails, and tasks, and automates just about all of it. You can get very detailed in all of the things you need to do within your practice all inside this software.

Cons

The setup process is very time-consuming, and getting the workflow automations into the system is a bit challenging. Also, clients have to sign up for an account which means that there is another username and password they must remember, which can also be challenging.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, Erica. We truly appreciate it.

We are happy to hear that TaxDome replaced a bunch of other applications. This is one of our main aims - to have everything in one place and be able to use only TaxDome along with your tax preparation software.

As you already mentioned, since TaxDome is an all-in-one software with many features, it may be a bit overwhelming at the beginning. We are happy to hear that you like our customer support team since we give our best to help our subscribers and make the learning process as easy and fast as possible.
We have free and unlimited support, and we highly recommend scheduling at least one session so that our representatives can walk you through, and assist with the setup. We also have a lot of learning resources like help articles, our TaxDome Youtube channel, TaxDome Academy, our FB Community, and more.

As for the clients, they can download the mobile app to their phones, and they can do all the necessary things from there as well. They would have to set up a 4-digit code and can log in without typing in the credentials every time.

If there is anything that you need assistance with, please let us know - we are always just a click away.

Replied 09/12/2022