TaxDome Reviews

About TaxDome

TaxDome is a practice management platform that helps tax, accounting and bookkeeping firms, as well as CPAs and EAs, manage both internal processes (workflow, CRM, reporting, secure document storage) and client-facing activities...

Browse TaxDome Reviews

3,034 of 3,034 reviews
Lynnorra
Lynnorra

Reviewed on 12/01/2022

One-Stop-Shop for Accountants

I have been able to drastically reduce other subscriptions in my technology stack by approximately $2,300/year by leveraging Tax Dome.

Pros

I love that billing, client portal, document sharing, and communications between the firm and the client is so seamless! I use this to manage my practice and scale services in one place. This has been a huge time saver for me without having to switch between multiple systems just to send a email or request key documents.

Cons

At this moment, TaxDome doesn't allow for reoccurring payments for monthly clients but this is on their roadmap for implementation. Additionally, just understanding where "FIRM LEVEL" documents can be stored for team use is another place to understand how to be more efficient. I was able to solve for this by making my firm an account and portal to use just like clients! Lastly, I do think it is a huge upfront investment when you have a team of 5 or more, but the annual savings is key here.

Dubsado and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I enjoyed that everything was in one place.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax Dome has a Accounting Firm Focus and useful templates that assist with workflow management and automation.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you very much, Lynnorra. Your feedback is much appreciated.

You can upload documents to the Private folder since this will be visible to you.
But, you already found a great solution, it can be more convenient and organized to have a separate account for your firm documents.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Replied 01/04/2022
Russell
Russell

Reviewed on 26/05/2021

The unbelievably affordable Swiss Army knife for my practice

Very positive. It is a great product and getting better every month.

Pros

Their all in one approach, and their incredible ongoing commitment to future improvements, all for a staggeringly low price.

Their pipeline approach to task management is exactly what I’ve been searching for. It does a fantastic job of distilling complex workflows down into a series of tasks that smoothly flow from one stage to the next.

They have many, many YouTube videos to demonstrate different features, and, importantly, also a series of videos that instructs CLIENTS on how to use the portal.

Cons

Some areas are still clunky but still usable. The mechanism for clients to create a subfolder in and/or upload documents to a specific folder is not very intuitive.

Clicking links within the site opens up a new tab far too often. Clicking on the + for sub tasks in a pipeline stage opens a new tab for some reason. Responding to an email from the inbox+ section opens a new tab. Clicking a client name while looking at an account opens a new tab. It seems very unnecessary.

OTP entry on mobile devices is a pain since did sons reason they decided not to let you paste a code in.

The conditional logic for their organizers is extremely limited, although they tell me they are working to expand this in the near future.

These are all minor annoyances in an overall outstanding product.

Karbon

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Lack of development, slow server speed, clunky portal that is inefficient to navigate, lack of a local workstation interface for portal files (web only, unlike TaxDome), lack of task management that works for my office. Developer is friendly and tells me all the time that improvements are coming but they never materialize. All for only $5 less per month than TaxDome.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

All in one approach, outstanding value for the price. They are rapidly improving the product and continuing to develop it into an even better product. Simple flat pricing.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Russell, we appreciate your feedback, thank you for letting us know. We are constantly improving the software and releasing new features, many of which we take from our user's feedback on our feature request board. We have an existing feature request (available to paid subscribers) to open new tab vs new page.

You can also read more about our Organizers here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/114-custom-organizer-templates

You can reach us through chat or through email ([email protected]) if you have other questions.

Replied 19/07/2021
Faheem

Reviewed on 24/01/2024

Taxdome system

Pros

It’s a good system to use for day to day work flow management

Cons

System is user friendly, however, need to enhance the capacity by adding projects automation

Top TaxDome Alternatives

Anne

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

Tax Dome is Awesome

The product and service are exceptional. I switched from Click-up.

Pros

Ease of use. Value for the money. Customer support.

Cons

Getting two signatures from two different people with one email address is difficult.

I am very concerned about pricing and product features going forward with the company growing so rapidly.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Anne,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy to hear that you find our software. We aim to provide the best service and experience for our users.

Regarding your e-signature feature concern, We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. If you would like to contribute ideas, please do so by submitting a feature request by clicking the blue question mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

We also understand your concern about pricing. We know that this can be a worry for some users, and we want to assure you that we are always looking for ways to improve our system and provide more features and benefits for our users. We will always strive to make our system worth your investment.

If there is anything we can do for you, please reach out to us.

Maria

Reviewed on 21/11/2023

A big help for my business

I am still setting it up to get more out of it, and I am still learning. Once I have it all figured out I think it's going to help me improve in efficiency and cut the time consuming repetitive tasks. Even with the price increase, it's going to help my business grow so it will help the bottom line.

Pros

All-in-one service: client portal, website, documents in the cloud, electronic signature, client management, client communication, etc. Time saving features with automation, bulk emails, among other things. Highly customizable. You can request one on one sessions with the very knowledgeable staff for setting up and questions at no additional charge.

Cons

The learning curve. This is a very useful service and since it's customizable you have to learn how to use it and it's not easy for the amount of features it has, which is a plus, but you have to put the time to take advantage of it.
The price was very competitive when I started using it a couple of years ago, and they claimed that it was going to stay the same forever, but it was increased dramatically a few months ago. Still, I have renewed for 3 more years at the higher price because I think it's worth it.

Canopy

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

My website was created in Weebly, the client portal was with SmartVault, I used Encyro for electronic signature, my web address was hosted in another service. Now I have everything together in Tax Dome, plus I have the client management system and automations of tasks, that I didn't have before.

SmartVault, Weebly and Encyro

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Client reviews. It seemed like the best option for my business.
Jacob

Reviewed on 13/11/2023

Incredible CRM for Accountants

Extremely helpful! The customer experience has been wonderful because I feel like they actually want me to succeed with using their software.

Pros

All its many features that allows me to have an all in one solution to offer for my client's satisfaction.

Cons

I wish it had a lead form that could go directly on my website instead of just a link to a signup portal.

HoneyBook and Dubsado

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Onboardible did not meet what I needed in my business, it had way too many issues with it and I was searching for something that would blow me away. Taxdome has done that for me

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Accounting was the sole focus with this software and the questionnaires and all the forms were what stood out for me, along with it doing many of the other features that these softwares offered as well.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Jacob,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are delighted to hear that you appreciate our many features that allow you to have an all-in-one solution for your client’s satisfaction. We aim to provide the most comprehensive and convenient service for your tax practice, and we value your feedback. We are glad that you found our system useful and effective for your business.

We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience using TaxDome, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the blue question mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

If you have any questions or need assistance, please let us know.

Tim

Reviewed on 03/11/2023

New to TaxDome

Pros

We researched a number of practice management packages but ultimately decided to go with TaxDome due to the number of features it contains, and all its functionality is available to the Pro subscription with unlimited clients, unlike others that increase pricing for certain functionality or when you exceed a certain number of clients. We have not fully implemented yet, so our opinions are based on our experience so far and the research we have done, but we like the portal functionality, the fact that clients can use their mobile devices to upload documents to or view the portal, the integrated e-signatures, and the ability to lock drafts until payment is received.

Cons

During our research, the most-often cited con with TaxDome was the complexity in implementing the system. I would have to agree with this. I think part of the complexity is because of the extreme flexibility and customability of the program. There are numerous videos and help topics available, far more than the other programs we researched. We wish that some of the best practices in setting up things like accounts and contacts were more available, as when you are setting up the program you don't always understand the downstream implications until you get to that part. I think once we work through the heavy lifting of setting up and customizing the program to meet our needs, it will be invaluable to improving the efficiency and technology our firm employs, especially with respect to automation.

Financial Cents, Canopy and Firm360

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

The Thomson Reuters CS Suite (Practice CS practice management, NetClient CS portals, FileCabinet CS document management) are clearly legacy products and not where Thomson Reuters is focusing their R&D and future roadmap. However their new offerings are not ready for prime time, and their legacy products lack modern technology (like robust mobile apps and automation). This forced us to look outside the TR ecosystem, and we also wanted to be free to switch tax programs in the future if we chose to do so (we are currently using UltraTax CS, another legacy program).

Fixed Assets CS

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

We felt it had the best feature set and pricing structure.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are delighted to hear that you like TaxDome because of our number of features, functionality, and pricing. We are glad that you like our portal functionality, mobile device compatibility, integrated e-signatures, and payment locking features. We hope that these features will help you provide better service to your clients and improve your processes.

We understand that it can be overwhelming to set up and customize a program that has so many options and possibilities. We want to assure you that we are constantly working to improve our user experience and provide more guidance and support for our users. We offer free and unlimited chat and email support, screen-sharing sessions, and a knowledge database with plenty of help articles and tutorials. You can also check out our TaxDome Academy.

Christopher M.
Christopher M.

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

I will put all my eggs in this basket

Pros

Right when I think that they haven't thought about something I want, I discover it. Their support is ready and available when I need it -- and even late at night when they're offline! I am very pleased and it takes a lot to make me want to make the move.

Cons

There is not much to complain about coming from Canopy. What I would say is that I wished the "onboarding" was a more hands-on approach -- however, I respect their process because it has helped me learn the program so much more!

Response from TaxDome

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy that you find our software satisfying and that you discover new features that you want. We are always trying to provide you with the best service and support.

We are glad that you respect our process and that it has helped you learn the program so much more. We are always working to improve our onboarding process and make it easier and more enjoyable for you. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the blue question mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

If you need assistance with anything, please let us know.

Amy

Reviewed on 16/11/2023

TaxDome - CRM-Practice management for all

Positive so far. I need to work on the processes so I can build my pipelines and my workflows.

Pros

Easier for clients to access and upload documents

Cons

I have only had one complaint, about uploading documents in the desktop upload folder. The dev team jumped right on it and should have it fixed soon!

Canopy and Rever

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Easier to use, better interface for clients. Easier for the client to use.

Rever

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Cost and ease of use by clients. Tax Dome gave me more for my money!
Christian
Christian

Reviewed on 05/11/2023

Perfect solution for accounting firms!

Pros

I like how it had all inclusive features, though I believe some could be consolidated and flow better, I know that all firms are built differently which is why they have the setup they do.

Cons

The ONLY thing I do not like it that you can't setup more intricate workflows for automated movement in the client pipeline, but again it's understood as to why.

Canopy

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

TaxDome seemed to offer the best platform and features, for the best price as well.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Christian,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy to hear that you like our diversity of features, which help you manage your tax practice more efficiently and effectively. We appreciate your understanding of our setup, which aims to accommodate the different needs and preferences of different firms.

We also value your feedback on the limitations of our workflows. We want to assure you that we are constantly working to improve our system. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute ideas that you might think will improve your experience using TaxDome, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the blue question mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

Caitlin

Reviewed on 27/01/2020

Everything I need in one place

I have only been using TaxDome for a couple of months but am already noticing a change in the workflow. The setup is a bit difficult, as with any new software, but I am anticipating great things to come. So far I am enjoying the software and would recommend to any tax professionals.

Pros

I love the organization that this software brings to my firm. I can create tasks, assign tasks, communicate with clients, record billing amounts and track receivables, and keep track of what tasks are outstanding and to which staff member tasks are assigned to. This software allows me to keep a live and easily accessible audit trail of work to be completed, work in progress, and completed work so I no longer have to search individual client files for notes. This is the hub for all firm tasks and is a program my staff and I will use daily.

Cons

Some of the functions are difficult to navigate and time consuming to implement. There was also a little confusion upon set up of what I needed to do, specifically regarding the task/pipeline area. I also found the pipeline/task/tag area difficult to find as it is located under the settings tab which I would typically attribute to account settings and not task setup.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Caitlin. Your feedback is valuable to us. You can schedule an onboarding session with us by going here: [ https://taxdome.com/15] for us to assist you with setting up your pipelines and discuss the functionality of the software.

Also, to request new features, https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need - our product team is very engaged and active on our feature request board.

Replied 02/08/2021
Jamie
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 02/09/2020

Trial to subscribe

I watched the pre-recorded demo, attended the live demo - which was so great to be able to speak with voice (vs chat is an option) live with humans at the end of the demo! So helpful! Then speaking to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in tech support when I had more questions throughout the trial, especially questions that weren't answered on the site. I just subscribed and took advantage of the option to review for an additional free month to my account. At first I was hesitant about the cost, but once I realized all that was included and the money I won't need to spend next year (secure portal elsewhere), and to have the website hosting included - that brings the costs to very reasonable!! I'm hoping that doesn't change drastically once I'm all set up!

Pros

I really like that this seems to be an all-in-one product! I looked at many firm management products and TaxDome seems to have everything I was looking for plus several additional options that I never expected to be taken care of by a firm management software. Such as the website - I don't need a complex site right now. I'm super excited for this next tax season to have the portal and all client aspects in one spot! The KBA e-signature authorization is perfect too!

Cons

There is a pause when moving between screens. That gets frustrating. But I'm noticing that with more cloud-based software (QBO, Gusto). Some tasks seem cumbersome - there could be short cuts on the current screen to go back to enter another of the same, such as manual time entry. Once one is entered, to go back to enter more takes MANY clicks and screen waits.

Zoho One, Dubsado, 17hats and Ignition

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I have been searching for over a year and tried to start with Pascal Workflow (the field above would not let me add Pascal as an answer) but had trouble with my email account linking. I am having issues with that here but I'm learning it may be how my Microsoft 365 accounts are set up. I'll be checking with an IT company on that. I've also been wanting to set up a basic website for a few years now and have not taken the time or wanted to spend the thousands of dollars plus hosting. Having it here is a HUGE bonus!

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Everything I was looking for PLUS MORE - is included in TaxDome! I really like the daily live demo, that was huge. Plus, so far, customer service has been responsive and wonderful! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been super helpful and pleasant to work with! I am hoping the changes/updates coming really add better functionality in the software. I'm really hoping the experience with TaxDome only grows in the upward and positive direction for years to come!

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Jamie! Your feedback is valuable to us. To request new features, https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need - our product team is very engaged and active on our feature request board

Replied 09/08/2021
Christina

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

Not perfect but the closest you'll find out there right now and constantly improving

I have been looking for something like TaxDome for years as a fully remote preparer and no one offers a comparable program and I feel it is priced extremely well. I felt like a kid on Christmas when I discovered it and couldn't wait to sign up and it has lived up to my expectation. It's not perfect but what I think makes it valuable is their request feature and transparent development. Knowing that someone is working to improve a product definitely affects your opinions on the current version. I would prefer that to a product that is never going to change and you have to adapt to.

Pros

It's well designed for tax professionals and know which features we need accessible to us in one place. I was able to replace 4 other vendors immediately with the potential to replace 2 more as they add additional features. I turned off my email notifications and now I just login to TaxDome when I'm ready to work and everything is in one place and I'm not overwhelmed and distracted by emails. I thoroughly enjoy working within the platform as I can stay in one place and get a lot done without skipping around in various programs. I love to work from the client's page because I can see everything I need for them in on place while I'm working on their return. While there is a learning curve for clients that can't be avoided, the feedback from my clients is very positive. I have always been a remote preparer so that is nothing new for me or for them, but they do like this new platform after years of me trying to find the best fit. The customer service is unmatched. They really want to hear from you and help you and the amount of additional help they offer outside of the norm at no additional charge is unheard of. I love the template and automation features in TaxDome. I feel like I can stay connected with my clients more easily and it saves manual work which is always the goal!

Cons

There is definitely room for improvement and I'll note them in cons but I want to preface by saying that I wouldn't consider them a con against deciding to use the application. The benefits far outway the issues and, most importantly, they are constantly adding new features and improvements and are very transparent about it which is great as a user because you know they care what you want and are actively working on it. It also helps you plan for future improvements. For example, the current organizer doesn't have conditional logic but it's being developed. I'm waiting for that to be available as well as other organizer improvements to move my organizer into TaxDome. The billing feature leaves a LOT to be desired and I debated keeping my outside vendor for billing because of it but, again, they already have one improvement in the works and I have faith they'll listen to other ideas for future improvement. It's the one piece that I feel like was quickly added in to make it available which is appreciated but it really needs a lot of TLC to make it appropriate and professional enough for our industry. The billing section is my only real complaint. They also really need to update the word contact to engagement letter to be more industry-appropriate but I've seen it requested by many so I'm hoping they update that soon.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you so much for the great feedback Christina! We are happy to know that you are satisfied with TaxDome and we greatly appreciate any suggestions for features, any way we can help you with your practice. Keep them coming and you can submit them using this link: https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need - our product team is very engaged and active on our feature request board.

Replied 23/07/2021
Erika

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

Powerful Tool for Your Accounting Business

I am going to be using TaxDome as an all in one tool to run my practice. So far, I am amazed by how much time it is helping me save. It will also help me to hire a few employees and staff since I am growing. It makes it easy to track and delegate tasks.

Pros

I like most that this software is an all-in-one tool. It is packed with useful features and can streamline the way that an accounting professional runs their firm. The support is also excellent, offering white glove, in person onboarding and well organized manuals. I have also heard from my clients that the client interface is easy to use. They have been more responsive to me on this tool than the tool I was using previously.

Cons

The pros about this tool are almost the cons! There are so many features to unlock and learn about. There are also a few features that need to be added into it (although I see that it is still being devleoped). It needs to have a feature that allows the firm to sign documents as well as the client (rather than using a pasted signature that is easy to forge). It also needs to have more templates for workflows and contracts (or at least better ones). I also think that TaxDome would benefit from a user group in which users can share best practices and templates and tools.

Canopy and Jetpack Workflow

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

The tools I was using required a lot of manual processes and did not have a streamlined interface. I was also just looking for a practice management tool, and then I came across TaxDome, which does more than just practice management.

SmartVault, RightSignature and Trello

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

TaxDome has more features at a lower cost and was recommended by more of my peers.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Erika,

Thanks! We have a facebook group for TaxDome Users, please join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/taxdome

We also have a feature request board where you can communicate with our product team directly.

Replied 31/05/2021
Deanna

Reviewed on 27/06/2021

Great product, Great Customer Service, and still finding hidden gems

My partner and I came from a tax firm that used a dated practice management workflow consisting of various disjointed software tools, spreadsheets, and humans. There were terrible inefficiencies resulting in considerable operating overhead (labor costs, software licenses, real estate, etc.) and a tremendous amount of stress during the tax season. Thanks for COVID, we decided that our new tax firm was going completely virtual with client appointments and we would leverage a practice management suite that helped us achieve efficiency, accuracy, and scale. We are leveraging a hosted version of our tax software eliminating the need for an IT person on-staff and TaxDome will allow us to streamline our workflow so we have no need for seasonal admin staffing. It's only been two weeks since we started working with TaxDome, but so far we are ecstatic and we see it helping us to fulfill our goals for the firm.

Pros

Coming from a quagmire of administrative staff, spreadsheets, and various software to manage our practice, TaxDome is an absolute godsend. We've only had the opportunity to work with it for a couple of weeks during the trial period, but we have been impressed with it beyond our expectations. We really like the variety of tools that made the import of contacts/docs expedient and reliable. The email sync feature is just amazing as it eliminates the noise of a junked-up inbox. The mobile app with built-in document scanner is so incredibly neat that I think our clients will easily get on-board with these changes in how we interact with them. I would be remiss if I didn't give the customer service team some love as well. I must've bugged them everyday about something. They were prompt, courteous, and helpful with each and every correspondence. Lastly, as we continue to learn the TaxDome platform, we're discovering new functionality we didn't expect but will help immensely. For example, one feature we just found was the ability to edit PDF documents within the TaxDome platform itself. Amazing!

Cons

Honestly, there hasn't been anything that I've experienced in the past 2 weeks that would warrant a complaint of any sort. We would've really liked to have a scheduling module in TaxDome where we can organize and schedule our reviews with clients, but not a deal breaker and as I understand it is in the works anyway.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Deanna,

Thank you for your feedback. We currently have the scheduling module planned in our feature request board. I have upvoted your firm to this request, feel free to add any comments or suggestions here- https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/company-appointment-scheduling-with-popular-online-calendar-integration

Replied 19/07/2021
Taylor

Reviewed on 10/12/2021

The Software We Knew, Gone

The very first feature that needs to be complimented in this software is their product development teams and their customer service. I was attracted to Taxdome's features like anyone else would be when looking at it from almost two years ago. Once I was a customer of theirs though and could see the effort they put into answering their customers on Facebook and communicating when something is broken, getting community feedback and votes to decide the next project, and using open community testers for new features. THEN you have this beautifully designed and functional while simple to use software that has completely changed my firm into what I was trying to use ClickUp and four or five other software to accomplish what I can do today by simply sitting down and logging in to one software. It gets better, there are community-voted features and requests getting completed almost weekly so it's not even the same software it was when we started.

Pros

- Project Management, the way accountants, need it to be.
- Phenomenal portal and client management
- They have the best pipe designers and pipe layers and just great, great pipes
- Document mark-up in the client portal
- E-signature and KBA is awesome!

Cons

- It's complex, but it's manageable
- Invoicing could use some love
- Shortcodes --- I could soapbox about why shortcodes are available in some screens and not others, or why the shortcodes are so limited, but I'm not going to....
- Little to no integration with Zapier, it's there, but it's far from developed

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Taylor. Your feedback is much appreciated.

We are happy to have such detailed feedback because the needs and opinions of our customers are very important to us.

We are continuously working on the improvement of our software and its features.
We have been working on updating the shortcodes, we also have ongoing plans for the invoice feature and the Zapier integration since there was some feature request.

We have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers. Please feel free to request the features you would find useful, and you also can upvote already existing requests posted by other firms.

Replied 11/04/2022
Christina

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

TaxDome appears to be everything we have been missing in our firm!

We are seeing that TaxDome will help remove some bottlenecks in our firm. I also have already seen in the short time that we have used TaxDome that they reinvest in their software and are constantly looking at community requests for upgrades and spend time to develop those things.
Their customer service seems to be top-notch so far, and they will have meetings with their users as much as needed.

Pros

We are transitioning to TaxDome from another software, and we love that TaxDome integrates our email into the client dashboard. No matter who received the email it will display for every team member and work is no longer going to be bottlenecked until the individual receiving the email can get to it.

We haven't been able to build out our workflows fully yet, but this is already a major upgrade from our current software.

Cons

Our prior software provided a discounted rate for contractors because they saw that seasonal contractors are not using it all day, every day. TaxDome doesn't have this feature making the use of it way more costly than other competitors.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

The prior software just didn't fit our needs anymore as we were growing too fast in comparison to the features they have. The old software is a great option for those wishing to have a small firm or only have one or two people working within a firm. It just was no longer a fit for our needs as we grew.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

TaxDome was able to take our current CRM system (Liscio) that we paired with ClickUp for internal tasks and allows us to combine the two software platforms. This will help with efficiency within our firm. Also, TaxDome allows any team member to view communications that are sent to just my email and act on the requests. This is stress-relieving in itself, as everything was still falling onto just my shoulders to process, regardless of how much I tried to delegate to our team.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for the feedback Christina. We appreciate it. As long as you have one annual subscription, you can subscribe to our monthly subscription for your seasonal members. Please see more details here - https://help.taxdome.com/article/187-taxdome-pricing-faq#1 . Please feel free to reach out to us again if you need further assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Replied 24/05/2022
Marc

Reviewed on 30/10/2022

Tax Dome Document Management

Setup is pretty easy, but it would be nice to have a file transfer system that could handle multiple folder to folder transfer setup so that everything from your old portal could be transferred to the tax dome portal in one fell swoop versus transferring everything manually from folder to folder via the tax dome drive.

Pros

The document management system seems quite robust, and the security and encryption features built into the software seem top notch.

Cons

The ability to have nested folders that are assigned a different privacy / security level versus the parent folder is a negative feature that must be worked around by creating a separate file folder chain.The ability to print from your tax software and have the files go directly into the proper account and file folder (Like SmartVault has) is a negative that I'm hopeful that will be developed quickly, as navigating to the correct folder every time a different client needs to be uploaded to the secure portal will be a royal pain in the ***.

Onehub, ShareFile and TitanFile

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

SmartVault was kind enough to implement a 288% price increase for the 2023 tax year.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax Dome presence and support in the tax community and affiliation with NAEA and NATP were the main reasons I went with Tax Dome.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Marc. Your feedback is valuable to us.

As of now, the privacy level of the top-level folder will be applied to all subfolders, and can't be changed individually. However, we have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers where feature requests can be submitted, and existing requests upvoted. We already have an existing request for changing the privacy level here: https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/subfolder-permissions-not-just-top-level-permissions
Please feel free to upvote, and submit a new request regarding the transfer process, so that other firms can upvote.

If you have any questions, or need assistance with anything, please let us know.

Replied 29/11/2022
Heidi

Reviewed on 12/04/2023

Saving me so much time

TaxDome has eliminated so many of my tracking spreadsheets and freed up so much time for me. The client portal is a serious upgrade from what I was using before as well.

Pros

I love the task management and pipeline features of Tax dome. Automating tasks is a lifesaver.

Cons

I would like to see more time tracking features, being able to have my team clock in and out for the day, and then track their time across all tasks and breaks would really be helpful and eliminate another bulky spreadsheet. Also the addition of a budget for each task, so we can track the budgeted time for each task/job and compare to the actual time our employees spent on it.

Canopy and Asana

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I needed to free up the time I was spending each week and month maintaining task trackers, client trackers, tax return trackers, etc in Excel and I needed a new client portal.

Microsoft Excel

Response from TaxDome

Hello Heidi,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy that you like our software, and the diversity of features we have to offer.

One of our main aims is to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place.

We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas, and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner, and selecting Feature Requests.

Replied 27/04/2023

Reviewed on 09/06/2023

TaxDome CRM Review

Pros

I was looking for several different features for managing my practice in order to get it ready for growth - with a few of the other CRM tools I was looking at, it was going to require heavy configuration and hefty consulting rates. When I found tax dome I found that many of the features I needed were already built in. Excited to see how the program ultimately functions in a live setting - but it certainly looks like it will meet my needs.

Cons

So far so good - a little disappointed in support for now. I had a 45 minute call with a representative on a Thursday and was promised a follow-up message by the next day. It's been a week and I've sent two emails to them and still no response. Even if my issues aren't resolved yet - it would be nice to have at least received an acknowledgement.

Atom and Method CRM

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Tool wasn't designed for accounting and I've outgrown what it can do for me.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

More of what I needed was native to TaxDome.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Chris,

Thank you very much for your review. It is valuable to us!

I really apologize for the inconvenience you mention about your report, if the problem persists, please contact us at our email: [email protected] we'll do our best to help you.

If there is anything we can do for you, please reach out to us.

Replied 05/07/2023

Reviewed on 06/07/2023

Canadian accounting firm review

Pros

Has just the features we needed. Their interface is not overly cluttered like other programs, which can overwhelm new users. TaxDome is straight forward and there is more than enough online videos to walk you through how to use the program.

Cons

Pricing is not low, but also not out of the norm for practice management software. The requirement to pay one-year up front for the first license is a bit annoying as it makes you feel like you need to be all in, right away. Not saying this is a bad thing, but if you are on a tighter budget, you may want to look at lower cost software to piece together for your practice management needs.

Financial Cents, Karbon and Firm360

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

The layout and features were easier to digest than Karbon. Financial Cents were missing some integration components and document management features.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy that you like our software, one of our main aims is to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place.

We want to assure you that we strive to provide our clients with the best value for their investment by continuously improving software to increase your productivity and efficiency.

We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

If you have any questions or need assistance with anything please let us know.

Replied 18/07/2023

Reviewed on 28/10/2023

Great in theory; not in practice

Would not recommend it.
In concept, I think TaxDome could be a great product, but it seems like they don't get the user experience and the workflow of actual accountants. I wish as they were developing their features they would jump on calls with clients and observe how they expected the feature to work and make the according changes. I am very tech saavy, but so many of their features are just so unnecessarily cumbersome or don't do what we need them to.

Pros

They are constantly making updates. The client portal is a much cleaner experience then the software we moved from. Customer service is responsive (even if not always helpful; see cons). I like being able to send clients messages and task lists - that is very helpful.

Cons

Customer service is VERY responsive, but they often seem to misunderstand what we are asking. They will propose solutions and workarounds that don't solve the problem we are describing.

There is a very active feedback board that seldom gets comments and updates about where certain features are in the pipeline. As soon as you suggest a feature it's put in the "under review" category but some features have hundreds of votes and have been "under review" for over a year with no comment from TD.

Financial Cents and Canopy

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

SmartVault was difficult for clients to navigate; their "Request Docs" had a lot of bugs.

SmartVault

Response from TaxDome

Hi there!
Thank you very much for your review. Our product team would love to hop on the phone with you and see how we can make the platform work better for you and understand your pain points.
Your name isn't visible on the review so can you please send an email to [email protected]? We'll make sure it's handled right away.
Thank you!

Replied 03/11/2023
Erica L
Erica L
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

Best Bang For Your Buck

So far, this has been a great investment. The pricing for what you get is very doable, and the fact that I don't have to keep up with a million things anymore is definitely worth the price tag of the software!

Pros

It has all of the management tools you need to keep up with not only your tax clients but also your bookkeeping clients in one place. Before, I was using multiple systems and tools for each, but now I can pretty much use just TaxDome. It has all of the features, including messaging, a client portal, emails, and tasks, and automates just about all of it. You can get very detailed in all of the things you need to do within your practice all inside this software.

Cons

The setup process is very time-consuming, and getting the workflow automations into the system is a bit challenging. Also, clients have to sign up for an account which means that there is another username and password they must remember, which can also be challenging.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, Erica. We truly appreciate it.

We are happy to hear that TaxDome replaced a bunch of other applications. This is one of our main aims - to have everything in one place and be able to use only TaxDome along with your tax preparation software.

As you already mentioned, since TaxDome is an all-in-one software with many features, it may be a bit overwhelming at the beginning. We are happy to hear that you like our customer support team since we give our best to help our subscribers and make the learning process as easy and fast as possible.
We have free and unlimited support, and we highly recommend scheduling at least one session so that our representatives can walk you through, and assist with the setup. We also have a lot of learning resources like help articles, our TaxDome Youtube channel, TaxDome Academy, our FB Community, and more.

As for the clients, they can download the mobile app to their phones, and they can do all the necessary things from there as well. They would have to set up a 4-digit code and can log in without typing in the credentials every time.

If there is anything that you need assistance with, please let us know - we are always just a click away.

Replied 09/12/2022
Brian
Brian

Reviewed on 20/01/2023

Still working on deployment but overall I am very excited and grateful that this team exists. Our industry needs people that care about accountants as customers instead of profit vessels. This is the first company in a really long time that I feel actually gets it and is putting their customer before their profits. They are actually providing a ridiculous amount of value.

Pros

This system is packed with most things you need to run your practice. I have used most softwares.. They always seem to be missing something that their company things is little but is actually critical. like pdf scanner vs photo taking when getting documents in through the app, or having a recurring task auto populate monthly for something such as sales tax filing. It seems as though TaxDome really understands their customer and I think these other platforms better watch out..... This company is coming to eat their lunch.

Cons

Deployment for sure. A product as feature dense as taxdome is sure to come with a lenthy rollout but I think it can be done much better..first TaxDome gives you multiple ways to get things set up. good thing is it appeals to different peoples way of doing things i guess but the bad part is that it adds complexity to an already overwhelming deployment experience. While they have great customer service, there def isnt enough time. I think this is something the company is probably working on while they are scaling im sure.A suggestion would be to instead of sending a client a deployment checklist, send them to a path of videos walking them through a checklist that is on the same page.Have the chat direct them there until that process is finished then bombard them with messages.Have them do that to complete all of the basics than have a mandatory more than 45 minute customer service call.I know 45 minutes is already a long time however I think this platform requires someone dedicated for atleast a few hours to really work out the kinks .

Juliana

Reviewed on 15/02/2023

Works right out of the gate

really good experience so far. Automating recurring tasks, due dates, automated forms will be huge for my business.

Pros

The client portal is so easy! it's saving my life helping me be so much more organized. I used smartvault before and this is way more bang for the buck.

Cons

The arrangement of accounts versus contacts is not my favorite but it's getting the job done. I am very excited about getting all my projects set up on automated pipelines although the learning curve has been steep for me. I was able to migrate, get organizers set up and send the portal link to all clients in one day. Editing templates and figuring out the workflow is taking me a lot longer but I believe the set up will be worth it's weight in gold in 2-3 months! Pricing had a little bait and switch on the annual contract agreement. Would be nice if the "$50 monthly" price didn't seem like a trick due to the 3 year advance contract requirement.

SmartVault, Canopy and Firm360

SmartVault's portal SUCKS

SmartVault and Asana

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

better fit for my practice, ease of trial

Response from TaxDome

Hello Juliana,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, it is valuable to us!

We are delighted to hear that you are finding our client portal easy to use and that it has helped you become more organized. We understand that switching to a new system can be challenging, and we appreciate your patience as you learn the ropes.

Please know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas, and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner, and selecting Feature Requests

Regarding pricing, we would like to inform you that the recent change we made to our pricing system is to better match the value of our software and its features. We also understand the importance of consistency in pricing for our long-term customers. Therefore, we have provided an opportunity for firms to keep paying the same price as before with our multiple-year plans. We want to assure you that we do not have any tricks or bait in our pricing. We always strive to be transparent and upfront with our customers about our pricing and terms. If you would like to learn more about this change, please take a look at this article : https://taxdome.com/pricing

Replied 09/03/2023