About TaxDome

TaxDome is an accounting practice management software designed to help bookkeepers, accounting firms, and certified public accountants (CPAs) manage both internal practice management (workflow, CRM, reporting) and for client-facin...

4.7
4.7

Browse TaxDome Reviews

2,428 of 2,428 reviews

Reviewed on 29/03/2022

Worth the learning curve

TaxDome is worth the learning curve. It is going to be very powerful in my business. Even if I don't use every feature they offer, the ones I'm already using have already made the switch worth it.

Pros

Having a very secure signature feature was the biggest thing. I also like the chat function that includes giving the clients tasks and a to-do list.

Cons

There is absolutely a learning curve. I have not done the white glove onboarding yet, so they may help with that, but I am a tech savvy person who loves to learn new software, and I have not found the layout intuitive.

I also wish there was a way to do more scheduled sends/uploads. But my clients will just learn that I sometimes work very odd hours (even if I won't respond to their emails at those times)

Dubsado

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Dubsado does not have a secure signature feature and no audit trail. I am not convinced that a contract signed there would hold up in a court if something went wrong.

Dubsado

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

I wanted to have a secure way to receive signatures and the other products I looked at did not have secure signatures

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Jennifer, your feedback is valuable to us.

Our suggestion is to definitely book onboarding sessions with our specialists as they could certainly help speed up the learning process.

Our support is completely free and unlimited, and you can book a training session whenever you want simply by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal.

Replied 30/03/2022
Ryan

Reviewed on 09/11/2022

The Solution for our Firm

This is very much what I expected. Offering all pieces of a tax practice management software and the custom-nature creates a steep learning curve for effective usage of this tool. That being said, the other options for practice management solutions were not all-inclusive and more expensive! If you are running a small accounting or tax practice and feel like you are always being reactive to projects and deadlines this can be your solution. Be prepared to spend multiple weeks on the setup but its worth it!

Pros

The inclusion of many different pieces of our practice is an excellent feature of Taxdome. Managing all aspects of our operation from onboarding new clients all the way to the recurring monthly projects and everything in-between has been a nightmare before Taxdome. We are excited about this upcoming tax season and how efficient this software will make everything!

Cons

The setup process is time consuming. Learning the terminology and how all of the pieces fit together eats up all of the free trial. It is very customizable which means there isn't much in the way of a standard setup.

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

The user interface of OfficeTools was clunky and outdated. We were looking for a solution to automate our repetitive tasks and processes and handle everything on one platform. OfficeTools did not do that very well

OfficeTools

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Additional features for less cost. A very similar look and user interface as well

Response from TaxDome

Hello Ryan
Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!
Since TaxDome is an all-in-one software that has hundreds of features, it may take some time to learn about all of them, but we give our best to help our subscribers and make the learning process as easy and fast as possible. We have free and unlimited support, and we highly recommend scheduling at least one session, so our representatives can walk you through and assist with the setup. We also have many learning resources like help articles, our TaxDome Youtube channel, TaxDome Academy, our FB Community, and more.

Replied 25/11/2022
Keshia
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/10/2022

Interested User

I am not at all impressed as the setup process is cumbersome and unable to get to the fabulous features highlighted by others.

Pros

I selected to try TaxDome because of the integration within TaxAct Professional.

Cons

I have yet to be able to integrate with TaxAct or access the Windows App download due to a domain error in setup.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Keshia,
Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!
Since TaxDome is an all-in-one software that has hundreds of features, it may take some time to learn about all of them, but we give our best to help our subscribers and make the learning process as easy and fast as possible. We have free and unlimited support, and we highly recommend scheduling at least one session, so our representatives can walk you through and assist with the setup. We also have many learning resources like help articles, our TaxDome YouTube channel, TaxDome Academy, our FB Community, and more.

Replied 21/11/2022

Top TaxDome Alternatives

Jeffrey

Reviewed on 03/10/2022

Tax Dome helped us handle enough business to get our own office

Our overall experience with TD has been fantastic. We were able to triple our business within the first year of us using it.

Pros

There were three accountants (partners) when we first started this business and we were working out of bedrooms and coffee shops. The only reason that was happening was because we spent 70% of our time just tracking our servicing progress for each client under each different partner. Once we found Tax Dome and moved our client success processes from Trello, Clickup, excel, and other management softwares, we were able to handle significantly more clients with this time. Our absolute favorite feature is pipeline's and being able to automate engagement letters, send invoices, and organizers to collect data.

Cons

Features I least like that are within TaxDome is the inbox+ and template (& tag) management. Inbox+ won't show the correct preview text for a notification- meaning a notification would pop up saying a client messaged us, however, the notification was triggered because I myself sent a response message. And for notifications that are actually from clients messaging us will never be properly previewed in inbox+.

Template (& tag) management can be greatly improved. When I first started using TD, I created templates for EVERYTHING. Now I use perhaps half of them yet I have not deleted the ones that are not in use simply because I do not know what templates are actually being used in a pipeline.

Externally from TaxDome, my least favorite part of it is its inability to integrate with other software such as Zapier, google sheets, and more.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Jeffrey. Your feedback is valuable to us.

We are happy that TaxDome made the whole process easier for you and your partners. The pipelines save a lot of time and effort so that you can focus on new clients.
As for the notifications, you should receive notifications only for new messages and replies from clients, and the team members will get notifications for replies from the firm owner, but there should be no notifications for your own replies.
Please reach out to our support team so that they can check on this.
For the other parts you dislike, I would like to refer you to the Feature Request Board that we have for our paying subscribers where feature requests can be submitted, and existing requests can be upvoted. We would appreciate if you could share your ideas on how to improve.

If there is anything that we can assist you with, please let us know. We will be happy to do so.

Replied 04/10/2022

Reviewed on 27/10/2022

geat product and support

experience has been great. Key is great support.

Pros

key issue was proper support and training.

Cons

it is alot to set up, however, the videos and support is excellent.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Mark,
Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us.

We are more than glad to hear that you like our software!

Replied 17/11/2022
Ryan

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

Finally Someone Gets It!

Pros

The Simple Simplicity Of The GUI & Product Design, Endless Intuitive Customizations.

Cons

Need more dashboard features to complete preparer payroll & commission; card vault

Canopy and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I wrote a custom solution for our firm in Power Automate; and realized that the upkeep there was untenable. I found TaxDome to be the same solution that I had created in my own imagination!

Price
Richelle

Reviewed on 04/11/2022

Great For Digital Practices

Overall my experience has been great!

Pros

I like the ease of use, the custom branding, and the customer service.

Cons

I wish I could drag and drop from folder to folder.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Richelle. We appreciate your kind feedback. It is valuable to us.
We are more than glad to hear that you like our software.
We currently on't have a way to move documents from one folder to another by dragging and dropping. Still, you can do that by using our TaxDome dive, and manage your clients accounts easily. However, we would love to hear more about that . Please know that you can submit a feature requests that you think might improve TaxDome, and have other firms upvote for it as the features with the most upvotes get prioritized. Please see more details here - https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need

If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Replied 23/11/2022
Rachael

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

Amazing First Impression!

I am very pleased thus far and really looking forward to rolling out the client portal in the coming weeks!

Pros

TaxDome is the most bang-for-your-buck solution that we've tried thus far! We are a newer CPA firm about to enter our 4th tax season, and have grown from a team of 3 to a team of 12 in the last year - Implementing a more robust software was crucial to our growth. So far I like the ease of set-up the most! Implementation has been very easy so far, especially when compared to various methods we've tried in the past!

Cons

The time-tracking and invoicing is a little bare-bones for our needs.

Reviewed on 11/11/2022

An excellent and easy to use tool with step-by-step transitions to simplify everything

I am able to combine my CRM and my customer portal into one single useful and easy to use tool.

Pros

I always worry that changing from one set of software to another is going to be a stressful and painful experience. That wasn't the case with TaxDome. The guided tours through the videos made everything simple.

Cons

I wish PayPal payments could be accepted.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Chris. Your feedback is valuable to us.

We are happy to hear that everything went smoothly. Our dedicated team works on updating the tutorials and videos every day. We are glad that it was helpful.

As for the PayPal request, we have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers where new requests can be submitted and existing requests upvoted. Please have a look here: https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/integrate-with-other-payment-processor-paypal-and-square

If there is anything you need assistance with, or have questions, please let us know. We will be happy to assist you.

Replied 02/12/2022
Koko

Reviewed on 28/11/2022

Great Software! Great Price!

Overall I really like it! I wish I had purchased sooner!

Pros

I really like the automations and workflows that you are able to put in place!

Cons

It does take some time to customize the software but once it's done it's great!

Canopy

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Taxaroo lacked automations and client/task management

Price and automation
Marc

Reviewed on 30/10/2022

Tax Dome Document Management

Setup is pretty easy, but it would be nice to have a file transfer system that could handle multiple folder to folder transfer setup so that everything from your old portal could be transferred to the tax dome portal in one fell swoop versus transferring everything manually from folder to folder via the tax dome drive.

Pros

The document management system seems quite robust, and the security and encryption features built into the software seem top notch.

Cons

The ability to have nested folders that are assigned a different privacy / security level versus the parent folder is a negative feature that must be worked around by creating a separate file folder chain.The ability to print from your tax software and have the files go directly into the proper account and file folder (Like SmartVault has) is a negative that I'm hopeful that will be developed quickly, as navigating to the correct folder every time a different client needs to be uploaded to the secure portal will be a royal pain in the ***.

Citrix ShareFile, Onehub and TitanFile

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

SmartVault was kind enough to implement a 288% price increase for the 2023 tax year.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax Dome presence and support in the tax community and affiliation with NAEA and NATP were the main reasons I went with Tax Dome.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Marc. Your feedback is valuable to us.

As of now, the privacy level of the top-level folder will be applied to all subfolders, and can't be changed individually. However, we have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers where feature requests can be submitted, and existing requests upvoted. We already have an existing request for changing the privacy level here: https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/subfolder-permissions-not-just-top-level-permissions
Please feel free to upvote, and submit a new request regarding the transfer process, so that other firms can upvote.

If you have any questions, or need assistance with anything, please let us know.

Replied 29/11/2022
Brandon

Reviewed on 13/09/2022

Automation, Billing, Communications, Invoicing and Docs under one roof!

Pros

Working with automations has relieved a lot of work in our practice.

Cons

When we review docs to work, we rename them. We previously used the browser but it was taking too long to rename, click save and move forward to the next.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Brandon, thank you for your feedback! It's valuable to us.
You have the ability to preview docs and by clicking the three dots in the upper right corner to access the pop-up menu that allows you to edit them. To learn more about managing your documents, go here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/233-how-to-edit-download-print-filter-documents#2

Replied 28/09/2022
Austin

Reviewed on 06/08/2022

Great features, great price

The interface is a little confusing for me, but I think that will not be the case when I have everything up and running the way I want.

I also think if you get permissions set up right for your staff, their interface would be simpler

Pros

Before I got licensed, I was using Canopy. When I rebranded my business, I decided to rebuild my tech stack from the ground up.

TaxDome comes in at about 1/3 of the price of Canopy for me (I didn't even have all their features), and it has more functionality. The workflow interface is a Kanban-style board that lets you visualize where products are, and I find it much easier to review that Canopy, where they are just all lumped together as "tasks".

Cons

TaxDome takes a LONG time to get setup . . . but that's because there are so many great features, and it is to your advantage to use them all together. Be prepared to invest significant time crafting your templates, building your organizers, and planning your workflows ("pipelines" in TaxDome).

However, if you do take the time to set these up (there is an online course that walks you through it, and they offer a video-conference onboarding session) I think you'll be thrilled with the results.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Austin, your feedback is valuable to us. Feel free to reach out to us through chat, email or book a screen share session by clicking the ''Blue Help Icon (?) > 1:1 Training'' on the upper right corner of your TaxDome Portal. Support is free and unlimited.

Replied 19/08/2022
Lloyd

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

Reasonably Priced and Tremendous Power

Pros

The workflow management tools are far superior to other software we used and the customer support team is excellent.

Cons

I consider myself well-versed in software and found that TaxDome was a bit overwhelming at first due to some nomenclature barriers: e.g. contacts vs. accounts; pipelines vs. jobs vs. tasks and the related templates. The UI is also a bit clunky and a bit dated.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Lloyd. Your feedback is valuable to us.

We understand that, due to the numerous features we have, our software can be overwhelming at the beginning. To make it as easy as possible for our subscribers, we have free and unlimited support.

If you need assistance with anything, you can reach us via chat and email or schedule screen-sharing sessions so that we can walk you through the setup and features. We also have a database with help articles, a TaxDome Youtube channel with tutorials, and TaxDome Academy with different courses.

As for the document loss in Canopy, we have no such issues in TaxDome. The TaxDome drive is virtual, and you can access all the documents as long as you are logged to the desktop app and have a connection. You also can access the documents directly from the drive and edit them, without going through the download-edit-upload process.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Have a great day.

Replied 19/07/2022
Tyler

Reviewed on 08/07/2022

Great Overall All-In-One Software But Client Communication Needs Improvement

One other thing that can be cleaned up is the Academy. Just having a list of a hundred videos is difficult to find what I am looking for. If this was organized better, I may learn better ways to utilize TD.

Pros

I like the security and the portal the most. It is one of the most important needs. The workflows can be made as complex or as simple as I would like and they make work more efficient.

Cons

I would like the ability to edit documents directly in the TD environment. The messaging feature is severely lacking. It would be nice if there was a main messaging page in the left panel. It would bring up a list of all messages, instead of having to go to the client then to their messages. As we do more than just taxes, and we offer bookkeeping services, it would be nice if we could link QBO to TD in a way that when the account Uncategorized Expenses in QBO, TD would send a chat out asking what the transaction was for. The would be able to select from the list of accounts currently in QBO.

Karbon and Ignition

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax partner had already purchased this when we formed our company, so we decided to stay with it.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for your detailed feedback, Tyler. We appreciate the ideas you shared with us.

Documents can be edited with our PDF editor, or if you open up a document on the TaxDome drive and make changes, it will be saved to TaxDome as well.

As for your other ideas, I would like to refer you to our a Feature Request Board, which is available to our paying subscribers. Firms can submit feature requests and upvote existing ones. The requests with the most votes get prioritized.

We would like to inform that we are constantly working on the improvement of our features and software.
Please let us know if you have any questions or need assistance with anything. We will be happy to assist you.

Replied 11/07/2022
Catherine

Reviewed on 06/07/2022

This Is A Game Changer Software For Accountants and Tax Preparers

It is a wonderful software. But it was a challenge learning the software. Not that it was difficult, but that there are so many options and things to learn in order to use the software to its full potential. I honestly don't think, in our office, we are utilizing it fully yet.

Pros

The most impactful part of this software is hard to say. There are so many parts of this software that makes it truly stand out from other software.

1. They are up to making ONGOING improvements to the software. They have an area called "Feature Requests" and everyone who uses their software can document a request they would like to have. Then everyone can review those feature requests and vote up the request if they think it is valuable. The more up-votes the more likely we will see that feature be incorporated into the software. Oh, and we get emails on the new features. We have gotten numerous changes and improvements because of those feature requests. The Tax Dome team really is outstanding for listening and implementing what their customers want. In May alone there were over 25+ new features!

2. I have to absolutely mention that this software allows for seasonal employees. That was HUGE for us! We have an additional 7 individual tax preparers during tax season that in only for tax season.

3. The automatic message reminders to clients, that will remind them again and again until they get you the information you request.

4. You can create your own custom templates to exactly fit your business needs.
I could list more, but you would be reading all day.

Cons

Yes, it is a Pro and a Con. We found there were changes being made to the software during tax season that made it very hard to deal with.
They should only fix the bugs during tax season unless it was something that makes the change an immediate necessity.

I personally don't like the kanban setup. I would like to see the option of an asana or jetpack setup instead. To have that option would be huge. Now that I think of it, I'm going to add that as a feature request. Lol.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you very much, Catherine. Your detailed feedback is very valuable to us.

We are happy that you like our Feature Request Board. Our subscribers' satisfaction is crucial to us, and we love when we get requests first-hand from our customers. There are always great ideas, and we can see which features are the most requested ones, and take a step toward development and implementation.

Since we are very excited about every update, we can't wait to share it with our subscribers. Thank you for letting us know that the timing is not always perfect. We will take this into consideration.

If you have any questions, or need assistance with anythng, please let us know.

Replied 08/07/2022
Miata

Reviewed on 27/05/2022

Best Practice Management for Accountants

Pros

The in-app document management, file storage, and client portal features make client collaboration simple.

Cons

I'd like to be able to start a new timer from the task itself or the app header menu. Syncing stripe invoices and subscriptions with contacts based on their email address. Adding an email address to an account record.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for the review, Miata. Your feedback is valuable to us.

Our team is constantly working on new features, and updates. We also have a Feature Request Board for our paid subscribers where feature requests can be made, and requests other firms made can be upvoted. The requests with the most upvotes get prioritized.

If you have any questions or need assistance with anything please let us know.

Have a great day.

Replied 01/06/2022
Christina

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

TaxDome appears to be everything we have been missing in our firm!

We are seeing that TaxDome will help remove some bottlenecks in our firm. I also have already seen in the short time that we have used TaxDome that they reinvest in their software and are constantly looking at community requests for upgrades and spend time to develop those things.
Their customer service seems to be top-notch so far, and they will have meetings with their users as much as needed.

Pros

We are transitioning to TaxDome from another software, and we love that TaxDome integrates our email into the client dashboard. No matter who received the email it will display for every team member and work is no longer going to be bottlenecked until the individual receiving the email can get to it.

We haven't been able to build out our workflows fully yet, but this is already a major upgrade from our current software.

Cons

Our prior software provided a discounted rate for contractors because they saw that seasonal contractors are not using it all day, every day. TaxDome doesn't have this feature making the use of it way more costly than other competitors.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

The prior software just didn't fit our needs anymore as we were growing too fast in comparison to the features they have. The old software is a great option for those wishing to have a small firm or only have one or two people working within a firm. It just was no longer a fit for our needs as we grew.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

TaxDome was able to take our current CRM system (Liscio) that we paired with ClickUp for internal tasks and allows us to combine the two software platforms. This will help with efficiency within our firm. Also, TaxDome allows any team member to view communications that are sent to just my email and act on the requests. This is stress-relieving in itself, as everything was still falling onto just my shoulders to process, regardless of how much I tried to delegate to our team.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for the feedback Christina. We appreciate it. As long as you have one annual subscription, you can subscribe to our monthly subscription for your seasonal members. Please see more details here - https://help.taxdome.com/article/187-taxdome-pricing-faq#1 . Please feel free to reach out to us again if you need further assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Replied 24/05/2022
Dale

Reviewed on 05/02/2022

Great for small practices

For firms that are looking for something you can setup and learn in about 8 hours this is the best option in the market. You will spend a lot of time:

- Either creating your organizers or editing the current organizers available in their library. No, there is no import option.
- Creating workflows (pipelines)
- Creating e-mails for automation. Don't waste your time with the HTML formatted e-mails, I spent hours researching a work-around and it doesn't exist.
- Creating contract templates (fortunately we typically only have a few we utilize industry wide)
- Learning the software in general

The fortunate thing is once you've got everything setup, most things won't need much changing in the future, and if they do, you'll have the structures in place and understand how to change things quickly.

Overall this is a great product but it does require an initial time commitment to setup. As long as you're willing to spend that time (or pay someone else to) you'll enjoy the experience.

Pros

You can't beat the cost for what it does. Most of the basic things are easy to setup (adding logo, e-mail sync, etc.) and inviting clients is easy. One thing they don't advertise as much when you're looking in to the software is that they have a desktop app that creates a network folder on your local computer, so you can save directly to taxdome via your file explorer without even opening the browser. That was what sold it for me during my trial period.

Cons

The HTML e-mail formatting is atrocious for automated e-mails and has forced me to look for another solution. They only allow "Simple HTML" so you can't embed or format anything in a way that looks professional once it's received on the client side. I spent about 6 hours trying to figure out a way to get this to work and it just doesn't.

Not having a recurring/automatic billing feature is prohibitive. Most of my clients pay monthly flat-fees and just want to setup payments one time and forget about it. Would be nice if there were more flexibility in this area.

The "white labeling" is great but what they really mean by that is putting your logo in the portal and sign-up/sign-in pages. It still says "powered by taxdome" at the bottom, and when instructing clients to download the app you then have to explain that TD run the software your brand is all over. It's not truly a white label experience, but it's as close as you'll get for the ease of use.

HoneyBook and SuiteDash

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

I spent a lot of time (probably 16 hours) in other software white labeling and setting up only to find barriers along the way. TD has its flaws but it's best value for the money and the easiest to setup of the ones I looked at. Oh... and it's made for accountants.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Dale, your feedback is valuable to us.

We just wanted to let you know that all of our paid users have the option to request new features to be implemented. If you wish to see something changed or upgraded you can always post a feature request by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal.

Replied 30/03/2022
Shabbir

Reviewed on 04/02/2022

Mostly great platform that has a lot to offer

Overall, I've had a great experience so far (though it's only been a couple weeks). However, a few frustrating roadblocks have soured things a little. Without a doubt, the platform solves far more problems than it creates or misses the mark on. I think that by next season, with automations properly set up and some procedures fine-tuned based on my experiences this year, it will be a much smoother process, especially after discovering workarounds for the things that TaxDome cannot do as one would expect.

Pros

The integrated and customizable organizers are pretty great. The logic aspect of them means you can make one master organizer to handle all 1040s instead of having to create different ones for different people or new clients vs existing ones. Within this master organizer, only the relevant questions show based on your clients' answers, so they aren't bombarded with 200 questions irrelevant to their tax situations. The automations also have the potential to save a lot of time and take care of client communication that you wouldn't normally do (eg. status updates) but make the client feel more engaged and seen.

Cons

The file uploader on the website is frustrating for clients to use. You should be able to choose the folder you want to upload files into instead of them all going to the root directory automatically. If someone is an above-average computer user, they'll be fine figuring out the extra steps to upload files then select and move them to the correct place, but I'd expect TaxDome to have made this more user-friendly with the goal of the platform being simplicity. It would also be nice to be able to change things like an organizer after it has been deployed to clients, but that cannot be done. If you send another organizer to cover the things missed, it sends another notification and email to the clients. In my experience, if you bombard anyone with multiple emails or notifications, they will inevitably block or ignore them, which then detracts heavily from the system.

Karbon

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Shabbir. Your feedback is valuable to us.
The clients can actually upload files to any folder with clients can view and edit privacy level. To do so, they will just have to drag and drop the document from their computer to the folder in TaxDome. However, using the Upload document button will allow them just to upload the documents to the Client's Uploaded Documents folder.

There is a request on our Feature Request Board for this, and also for the organizer.
Please take a look here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need
For the email notification, you can turn them off as well.

Replied 31/03/2022
oralia

Reviewed on 18/01/2022

excellence

I have used simliar software and this is by far easier more effective and moderately priced

Pros

Easy and functional great service and works with my preferred tax software

Cons

customer service, is not what I would prefer had trouble reaching and interacting with representative who called me back.

Teamwork and Wave Accounting

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Did not use enough, not cost effective

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

it is integrated with software

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Name, your feedback is valuable to us.

We're sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our support. Please feel free to reach out to us if there's anything we can do to help. Also, we wanted to let you know that you can book a training session any time by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal. Our support is completely free and unlimited.

Replied 04/04/2022
Lynn

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

Lynco Review of Tax Dome

I have found their tech support technicians to be very responsive. They have a good deal of reference articles. It's like every new program, there's a lot to learn and you have to invest the time.

Pros

That it is designed specifically for tax practices

Cons

There is so much to learn and knowing exactly where to start is a real challenge. The fact that you have only one option to automate in bulk (upon uploading the customer list during import) is a scary process. If something goes wrong, I have a lot of unhappy clients. If I don't make the decision at the beginning, there's no option to do in bulk later. This does not seem practical for a new user. Bulk functions should be available at any time in the process.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Lynn. Your feedback is valuable to us.

To make the learning process faster and easier, we offer screen-sharing sessions. Our specialists explain the features and provide answers to your questions.

Expanding the bulk actions feature is something that we work on. We have a Feature Request Board for paying customers, and there are many requests regarding the bulk actions.

If you wish you can have a look here for how to request or upvote a feature:

Replied 01/04/2022
Lynnorra

Reviewed on 12/01/2022

One-Stop-Shop for Accountants

I have been able to drastically reduce other subscriptions in my technology stack by approximately $2,300/year by leveraging Tax Dome.

Pros

I love that billing, client portal, document sharing, and communications between the firm and the client is so seamless! I use this to manage my practice and scale services in one place. This has been a huge time saver for me without having to switch between multiple systems just to send a email or request key documents.

Cons

At this moment, TaxDome doesn't allow for reoccurring payments for monthly clients but this is on their roadmap for implementation. Additionally, just understanding where "FIRM LEVEL" documents can be stored for team use is another place to understand how to be more efficient. I was able to solve for this by making my firm an account and portal to use just like clients! Lastly, I do think it is a huge upfront investment when you have a team of 5 or more, but the annual savings is key here.

Dubsado and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I enjoyed that everything was in one place.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax Dome has a Accounting Firm Focus and useful templates that assist with workflow management and automation.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you very much, Lynnorra. Your feedback is much appreciated.

You can upload documents to the Private folder since this will be visible to you.
But, you already found a great solution, it can be more convenient and organized to have a separate account for your firm documents.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Replied 01/04/2022
Braddock

Reviewed on 30/12/2021

Great Value for all the Features

TaxDome is still new, but so far the experience has been excellent. We have our first client jobs in the pipelines and we're very happy so far. The workflow setup is a work in progress to be refined and improved as we go along. We found the TaxDome online documentation and videos to be very helpful.

Pros

We wanted a core platform for virtual tax preparation. The shortest technology stack the better. Our main tax preparation software is great at tax preparation, but were looking for something that could do all the rest. We did trials of a few names, but TaxDome stood out from the beginning. We liked the flexibility and customization available throughout TaxDome, particularly in the templates for almost every customer touch point. We liked the free eSignatures and the reasonably priced KBA. We liked the integrated payments and the ability to link invoices and documents approvals to workflow automation. We liked the ability to create a client self-onboarding environment. We liked the ability to customize a fairly sophisticated initial information intake (ie online tax organizer) through the conditional question building tools provided. Overall, what we liked the most is the value for what you get with TaxDome.

Cons

There is a learning curve around the automation functions, and getting used to the TaxDome nomenclature around jobs, piplines, and tasks. Setting up your workflow can be time-consuming, especially if you're a perfectionist with your templates, etc. We wish some of the system generated messages were templated/configurable. There is some awkward writing/verbiage here and there within the program. We wish there was a configurable default template for client notification preferences. We didn't like the non-customizable invoice or that there's nothing really to print or save PDF for a client. It's more a payment prompt than an invoice. We like the ability to move/drag/save files outside of TaxDome (ex: from the file structure of our main tax preparation software) into TaxDome, but we wish there was an auto-sync like other local drive to cloud drive services.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Value, customization, automation, mobile-friendly development

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for your detailed feedback, Braddock. We highly appreciate it.

The setup can be time-consuming, but to assist you the best we can, and make the learning process faster and smoother, we offer onboarding sessions with screen-sharing and live support via chat and email.
As for the modification of the system-generated messages, there already are requests for this on our Feature Request Board. Please feel free to upvote.
The opinions of our subscribers are most valuable, and we are trying to improve our software according to the requests.
If you have any questions, please reach out. We will be happy to assist you.

Replied 04/04/2022
Melissa

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

Taking your tax practice into the future - virtually

Even after the trial period with TaxDome, I had a false idea it would be so easy to set it up and have it take over so much. Spoiler: You have to do a lot of setup to make it that way. BUT, once the setup is complete, it's personalized to your brand. And it speeds up the whole process. And the cost savings - excellent. As an industry, we drag our feet with new changes. Going virtual has had many challenges. But, TaxDome is doing an excellent job of managing some of the big ones.

Pros

What sold me on TaxDome initially, was the secure portal and the signature capability for my clients. When I ran the numbers (because if you're reading this, you have run the numbers) the savings was substantial. What has kept me on, is the fact that I can print my documents straight into my client folders - huge time saver. And the pipelines I'm learning to use. I can see how it will make things more efficient and at the same time, provide bettter service for my clients.

Cons

I feel like the there should be a better displayed to do list or calendar of due dates. I'm currently (but keep in mind, I'm still learning how to use pipelines and tasks and jobs) keeping a list of tasks and returns and projects on excel.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you very much, Melissa. Your feedback is much appreciated.

The setup can take some time, but to cut the time you would have to spend, you can always book an onboarding session, so that our team can assist you, and provide further explanations if needed.

For the to-do list and calendar, there already are feature requests for this on our Feature Request Board. Please feel free to upvote the ones you would like to have. Naturally, we can not develop all requested features, only the feature requests with the most votes get on our roadmap.

Replied 06/04/2022