Patriot Accounting Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Patriot Accounting

Accounting Basic: $20/month, flat rate, unlimited use. Manage expenses, invoices, bills, reconciliation & get financial reports. Easily import data. Accounting Premium: $30/month, flat rate unlimited use. Everything in Accounting...

4.8

Browse Patriot Accounting Reviews

Brittany
Brittany
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

My experience with Patriot Accounting

My overall experience with Patriot Accounting is remarkable since it has eradicated accounting errors.

Pros

The way Patriot Accounting enables me to automate all accounting at ease is the best aspect ever on my user end.

Cons

I hardly come across hindrances when using Patriot Accounting, and I use it on a daily basis at workstation.

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

Patriot Makes Accounting Easy

Patriot is so much easier to use then QuickBooks and much more affordable to. It doesn't double things or add things that shouldn't be there. It is easy and straightforward, and the staff helps with any questions.

Pros

The software is easy to use, if you make a mistake, it's easy to fix or correct. I am able to add multiple bank accounts so I can track my transfers easily. The staff is very helpful whether I call in or as for help over the messaging platform they are always quick to answer my questions and email me the conversations so I can refer back if I need to.

Cons

The only real issue I had is it kicked my bank off once and I had to re-record everything. It worked out ok though. I just hope it never does that again.

Quicken

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

QuickBooks was doubling items and changing things we had categorized, so we had to constantly re-check our work which was costly and time consuming and we should not have had to do.

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

We used the 30-day free trial, and it went so smoothly we decided to try the software for a longer period.
LARRY

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

Honesty

Patriot software is great for a small business tho it is a little clunky its workable.

Pros

Recording payments is very easy tho at times I forget to hit the save button. Also the payroll is very easy and smooth to use.

Cons

Cant partial pay a invoice (like sending a deposit) very annoying. The whole invoice part is very clunky not smooth at all. Same with seeing Bills from vendors. Also on invoicing It would be nice to be able to have spaces in the reference (we use addresses and codes). It helps our customers see what address we billed for. I wish you could also on the invoice have the comments above the billing portion. Overall a little bit of letting us change the format of some of the built in forms would be nice

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

xero was to robust and they nickle and dime you, tho it is very smooth and adjustable.

Xero

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

used quickbooks before thought I would try something new

Top Patriot Accounting Alternatives

Luiza
  • Industry: Newspapers

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Easy accounting

Patriot Accounting is a very good accounting software, easy to use and great support. A lot of features at the basic plan but the good ones at the Premium one.

Pros

Customer support is fast and helpful, always there for you. Software is easy to use and the interface is very intuitive. Everything works great without any issues, if issues appear support will deal with them.

Cons

The features that I needed the most were at the Premium plan, but is worth it.

Darrell
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Perfect solution for small to midsized businesss

It may sound like I work for the company but honestly if anyone were yo ask me what is the best overall experience I have with software or a subscription service of this type I think patriot would be it based on the ease of use and amazing product support.

Pros

The system is super easy to use and understand and works as it should. Not buggy like some other big name accounting programs. Also if I need support I can honestly say the support team is is ready, willing and qualified to help and they will take the time needed to be sure my issue is handled. To the point that I am amazed at the time and care they take.

Cons

Every so often there is something I have trouble finding ( but support helps me!) part of that may be because I am not an accountant. But even those issues are rare and they are always adding nice features to make my job easier.

Lucy
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 23/03/2020

Incredible Customer-Service and Strongly Valued Customer Input

Above providing a great software that suits the needs of a small business like ours (without being overly complex), they have outstanding customer service and value fulfillment of customer needs.

Pros

We wanted something that we could tailor to our own needs and that we could more seamlessly transition, from how we previously operated our accounting. We wanted something that was not overly complex to adapt to but that was also able to execute our accounting needs. It's challenging to find programs to best suit the flow of your daily tasks and that can also be flexible with function. Patriot fit all those needs.

Cons

Over the years of using this program, we have asked for many changes (with varying degrees of importance) and I cannot think of one that has not been fulfilled by the Patriot team. I'm not sure how they do it, but they seem dedicated to providing customer needs and to help ease workflow however they are able. They are regularly working to improve their software and needs of customers.

Jobber

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Patriot offers different features within their company, allowing you to utilize and only pay for what you need, versus one program in its entirety (ie Accounting, Payroll, etc). They had a large amount of features/options offered, while still being user-friendly (even from the start).
Robert

Reviewed on 29/01/2024

Patriot Software- it does some thing well, some things could be better

My overall opinion of Patriot is favorable. There is nothing that is show stopper. Everything is workable. I find overall the software is easy to use and you don't need an accounting degree to use it.

Pros

It is easy to use. The A/R and customer invoicing work fairly well. Reports that are on the system work okay, but I wish there were more and some more flexibility. Customer service is great.

Cons

Accounts Payable- There is no easy way to go into a vendor's file and see the entire payment information. You have to go to a billing report to see some info. There is plenty of room in the vendor payment heading to see each and every part of a vendor invoice number, dates account charged, date paid & check number. You cannot see all this now.

Shawn

Reviewed on 03/04/2023

Leave Quickbooks and never look back

The Onboarding team for new customers is the highest level of customer support I have every experienced. As an owner and administrator I have implemented dozens of software platforms over the past 25 years. This is the best customer support I have ever found.

Pros

Customer support by [sensitive content hidden] are the best.

Cons

I like everything about Patriot compared to Quickbooks

FreshBooks and QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

Intuit was billing us $479.00 per month for a service that was supposed to be annual. We spent three months trying to resolve this issue with Intuit/Quickbooks and received nothing but frustration and more billing from them. We had been a customer of theirs for 17 years on both payroll and Quickbooks Desktop Pro.

QuickBooks Desktop

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

The customer support during the free trial is amazing. [sensitive content hidden] have the highest level of the Patriot Accounting and Payroll platform.
Edward
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

Easy to use and responsive customer service

I do not use Patriot Accounting

Pros

This software is easy to set up and even easier to use. I work for a small firm with only a couple of employees. Our payroll needs are fairly simple and Patriot is intuitive and has robust information available when needed.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Patriot. I guess it would be nice if there was a mobile app that allowed me to run payroll remotely from my desktop.

QuickBooks Payroll

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

Paychex was far more expensive and required a lot more effort to do the things I need to do, so when I became the person in charge of dealing with payroll at our firm, I wanted to find an inexpensive option that was straight forward.

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

I have always found Quickbooks to be overly complicated and not intuitive at all. We still use it to track our income and expenses to give to our accountants. While it seems like there are infinite ways to generate financial reports, that process always seems way more time consuming than it needs to be and often doesn't give me the info I'm looking for the first time, so I need to try several different reports before I get what I want.
Patty

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

Harder to function in the program

I am not an accountant and I am not very techy so when I request help I was told multiple times that they can't help with that that I needed to talk to an accountant. Some I thought would be simply questions for someone that was in a tech support position.

Pros

I was really not impressed with anything about the program

Cons

I do not like how the payroll software interacts with the banking reconciliation. It took me forever to align the checks for printing, finally figured out that the payroll checks aligned differently than the accounting checks

QuickBooks Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

I use to use qb desktop years ago and love the easiness of the program. I hated the online version and I hated paying their high monthly fees. I didn't think I had the option again but found an older version of the desktop one I use to use. I am going to go back to using qb for the simpleness of the program. Also your program isn't compatible with my bank

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

I researched several different products and the reviews were good in your favor. We are a small business so the price was more affordable and I liked your payroll program and wanted to use the same company for both.
Craig

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

Basic Accounting Software, but it gets the job done

Very good. The customer service is superb. They answer the phone and are very helpful. If they don't know an answer, they find it out and get back to you. Email support is good too. The software is pretty basic compared to Quickbooks but if you don't need all those fancy features as I don't, it gets the job done. And the price is much better than Quickbooks. They have a bank reconciliation module, but I don't use it. Highly recommend for small businesses.

Pros

Started out on the package almost 5 years ago. It was pretty basic then, Patriot has added a steady stream of features to it each year. We don't use a lot of them however. I like the dashboard. If you are using the Payroll module, it's totally seamless integration. No frills accounting but that's ok because that's all I need.

Cons

Can't put a check number on a Quick Pay when you are running it. I use manual checks and there's not way to do that, except by putting the check number in the notes. If you are using printed check stock, that would not be an issue. Reporting is a little thin, but it gets the job done. The Financial statement is a little weird how it calculates owner's equity but my accountant reviewed the numbers and said it is correct. If you have accrued liabilities, They use "modified cash basis" which it also odd vs. Cash Basis. No Statement available to send out to customers.

QuickBooks Online and Xero

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Mainly cost, and the Payroll integration. They do full service payroll at a very competitive monthly rate.
Jonathan

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

Patriot Accounting

Overall, Patriot has been straight forward and easy to use. Their customer service has been quick and easy to get ahold of.

Pros

The best part about this software was the ease of setup. It's very easy to enter customers, receive payments, and keep track of expenses.

Cons

As someone who is new to accounting software, I did have to call customer service for some setup questions with adding in categories to track expenses.

QuickBooks Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

We were recommended this program by a friend
Kelvin
  • Industry: Management Consulting

K. Baker Review for Accounting Software

Great tool for Small Businesses

Pros

Easy to Setup and Management. Critical Part of us receiving a PPP Loan.

Cons

Expand the program to allow project based billing and invoicing.

Deltek Vision

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

More suitable for our business. More tools to support our business.

Costs
MARCHELLO

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

DISAPPOINTED

Pros

SET UP WAS EASY, DOWNHILL AFTER THAT.
PERHAPS IT IS ACTUALLY EASIER THAN I AM EXPECTING, AND NOT GIVING IT A CHANCE.

Cons

PERHAPS I DID NOT SETUP CORRECTLY, BUT IT SEEMS LIKE ANY TRANSACTION I DO IS LIKE PERFORMING JOURNAL ENTRIES ONLY, I AM USED TO QUICKBOOKS, VERY EASY AND INTUITIVE, PATRIOT NOT SO MUCH,
EXAMPLE IS ADDING ACCOUNTS ON THE FLY IN THE MIDDLE OF TRANSACTIONS, INSTEAD OF CANCELLING TRANSACTION, AND CREATING THE ACCOUNT, THEN START OVER WITH THE TRANSACTION

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

WANTED SOMETHING EASY, PORTABLE, CLOUD BASED, SIMPLE.

QuickBooks Desktop

SIMPLICITY
Nancy
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 06/01/2023

Best bang for the buck!

They are great! They have been so helpful getting my business transitioned to Patriot . Reports are an effective tool for keeping up with where our business stands. Highly recommend!

Pros

Easy to get up and running. Inexpensive to run, bookkeeping assistance available for a nominal fee.

Cons

Doesn’t accept payments. Had to set up elsewhere. Would be a great advantage if all in one software package.

Sally

Reviewed on 16/02/2023

Left Quickbooks for Patriot

so far so good!! I am very new to it. Did a 30 day trial in Dec and started for real in January.

Pros

The automatic downloads of my bank transactions and the functionality of that whole feature is great!So far it seems very easy to do payroll

Cons

I wish the general ledger had a feature to make the most recent transaction show up at the top automatically. I always have to click the arrow to switch the view...a very little thing, but I'd love it if there was a setting to choose that view.

Thomas
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Patriot Accounting is a Great Solutions for Accounting and Payroll

Very Good and I am hoping that I can find a way to use the product for my other companies.

Pros

Ability to work from Home, Office, or anywhere else is a huge plus.

Cons

The Date field is the only thing that I deal with every day. It should default to the current day.

Sage Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Price and Patriot also has a Timeclock feature.
Becky

Reviewed on 02/08/2022

Great Software for Double Entry Accounting

Patriot has done everything we need. It is important to have your beginning available when setting up because you cannot go back and enter the beginning balance once the account is set up.

Pros

It has all the features of a double entry accounting system
Connects with banks
Great price point
Pricing based on actual expenses per month
Easily shared with accountants/bookkeepers

Cons

Reconciliations are not totally automated
Customization can be tricky
Must understand double entry accounting - not based solely on checkbooks.

Julie

User Friendly Comprehensive Payroll Solution

Mostly all positive. I have always been able to contact support and get answers to my questions (even if I didn't like the answer because a feature was unavailable). There is somewhat a lack of communication to partners.

Pros

Patriot Software is easy to set up and easy to use. Everything is spelled out on the screen. There are very minimal clicks to accomplish basic payroll tasks. Patriot is also VERY up-to-date on tax law changes and communicating to users. Support is knowledgeable and hold times are very reasonable.

Cons

Ability to schedule different employees into different pay schedules. Lack of job costing. Lack of ability to pay an employee who works in multiple cities in same week.

Reviewed on 07/03/2020

User friendly accounting software with good customer service based support

In short, I would say that it is the best fit for those who are looking for a system with affordable prices and userfriendly. I recommend this accounting system as a well-satisfied user.

Pros

This software as I mentioned in the title it is extremely user-friendly for even non-finance people and also those who are new to accounting and SME business. I have been using it and most of the time I could manage by myself without getting information from my data entry assistant due to their well-organized features. Moreover, if I do need to get any assistance from their customer support team, always address immediately to my queries without any delay. It was great since we were busy clients and fulfill our requirements with full satisfaction.

At last, but not least their prices are more affordable as much as lower and value for paid money.

Cons

I just experienced a few problems at the beginning with setting up the system, But there are plenty of video tutorials available for troubleshooting that are very useful and the customer service is very effective and readily available to address our queries then and there to resolve

Scott
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

Sad It Did Not Work Out

Pros

Pricing is excellent and I've heard good things about the software, so I thought I would try it.

Cons

I had started a small marketing company after selling my property management company. I had always used Quickbooks with my prior company and was totally happy with it. After 6 months with my new company, the cost for Quickbooks Online kept increasing. I turned to Patriot Software as a possible alternative.

Unfortunately, it did not work out. I'm not an accounting person, but I never had a problem with Quickbooks. With Patriot Software, the setup was extremely confusing and difficult. I called support and set up a phone call with an advisor. I was hoping that I could schedule a session or two with a support person to help me set up. Patriot however does not work that way. While they would have someone work with me to setup my company with the software, it would cost $800. I'm sorry Patriot, but that is way to much money for a small business just starting out. I asked if there were videos that could assist me. They said yes, but they are very very limited in number and topic. Additionally, there is very little written information to give direction and to answer questions. Neither does Patriot have a process within their software that takes you step by step in setting various items up. At the end of the day, while the pricing was excellent and exactly what I was looking for, if you can't use the product it is of no value.

Rebecca
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 15/10/2022

Great product easy to use

Pros

Easy to use and provides all the functions I need to manage my invoices, pay taxes, and product reports

Cons

No complaints. Patriot gives me all the features I need

Thomas
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 18/10/2022

Easy to setup, stable, cut my invoicing nightmares.

I wanted an easy to use, non-accountant invoicing software that worked, was stable and didn't drain my wallet. Bonus is it allows me to make invoices quickly. The few support emails I've sent were answered quickly and by someone who obviously read the question and knew the software.

Pros

Easy to use. Can have multiple tax rates. Haven't lost a invoice yet. Fair price. Attachments with the invoice is great, some customers demand photos of the job now.

Cons

I would love a little more customization of the invoice. Picking a future day and time for mailing invoices, like tomorrow at 8 a.m. not at 11 p.m. when I created it. Would like to be able to set a date range for the invoice section, I like to work a week at a time and having to set it every time I go to view invoices is a little annoying (I can live with it but you asked).

Jesse
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 01/04/2022

Patriot is low-cost, efficient accounting software

I love Patriot. It's a simple accounting platform perfect for small businesses with low needs and needing a low budget solution. If they could simplify the double-entry process, or do some of that work automatically, it would be a great option for small business owners.

Pros

Patriot's website was well designed and easy to navigate. It has a stylized but modern look, which I enjoyed. Menus and actions were easy to find, and the price was great. For my small service business I just needed invoices and transaction tracking, and Patriot provides those at a low price, with upgrades if needed.

Cons

Since I'm not an accountant, I don't understand double-entry accounting. When it came time to enter transactions, I got lost in the journal and debit/credit entries. I was really excited to use Patriot instead of the spendy Quickbooks, but the double-entry accounting method was a giant roadblock for me that I couldn't get around.

Response from Patriot Software

Thanks for your kind words Jesse. Debits and credits can be confusing. Did you know that we have an "easy" toggle so instead of using debits and credits, you can decrease and increase the amounts for each account. For instance, decrease your checking and increase your expense account. Hope you give it a try! And, we are always available for help, so if you'd like to see a demo of it, please contact us!

Replied 19/04/2022
Doug
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

base plan

Good basic software and great support.

Pros

easy to install and begin using, more affordable options

Cons

check printing requires too many steps, customizing invoices not available, an easier to view check ledger would be nice

Quicken and QuickBooks Enterprise

lower cost

Response from Patriot Software

Thanks for your review Doug. Our Accounting Premium offers customizable invoices. If you want to try it out, you can for free in your software account for 30 days! Also, we recently added a new check register report. Please check it out and let us know if it meets your needs. Our product team is always listening!

Replied 30/09/2020