About KPMG Spark

KPMG Spark is an online bookkeeping solution that enables small business owners to handle accounts and track financials. KPMG Spark also offers additional services including income tax return preparation, business licensing, and...

Browse KPMG Spark Reviews

Lisa K.

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

I travel for a living and Bookly has made running my business bookeeping accounting easier.

Switching over to Bookly allowed me to gain more control over the creative part of my business because I don't have to work hard at the books or put it off until later. My accounts are integrated to upload automatically. I answer the questions bookkeepers have for me. I just review the work. It's like having a person in the office doing the work without having to hire someone. You might think just having software is like that but it isn't. You still have to find the software, keep track of the updates, if you are smart after to upload the work you will have someone review what you have entered. With Bookly, I don't have to do all of that. I never have to buy software. I just log in and see what view the books, answer questions , ask questions, run reports, etc. It's wonderful for me as I have a lot to do running a business. Anyone looking to save time should look into using Bookly. It's isn't just software. It's a group of people that want you to have the best accounting experience possible.

Pros

I am a longtime Mac user. Quickbooks integration has been troublesome and lacking updates or options. Bookly software is a non-issue. I can get the reports I need and if I have questions I can have quick access to knowledgeable staff that is eager to help. Hiring Bookly was a major stress relief.

Cons

There are elements of QuickBooks that I miss like having an app. What I realize I get without the app is made up for in customer service and staff access.

Nana T.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 13/02/2021

Online Accounting

Overall it is one of the best software i use. KPMG Spark makes my daily work pleasant.

Pros

KPMG Spark is suitable for me. It makes my job easier. it helps me to do daily tasks. I like that it gives me real-time visibility into incomes and expenses.

Cons

The software needs some trainings to use perfectly. It is a bit complicated. But on the other hand it's very functional.

Willie T.

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Keeps Me Aware

Pros

I love that it syncs with my bank and on a weekly and monthly basis I know exactly what went on with my revenue. This allows me time to work on my business and not in it all the time.

Cons

Nothing to say at this time . I'm very pleased with this software.

Top KPMG Spark Alternatives

Cameron H.
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 01/03/2017

Accounting for a Farmer

Bookly has been very helpful so far for keeping track of my spending on maple syrup production. It is perfect for getting a look at my business as a whole. However, being able to take a more granular perspective to more easily sort out my different products and be able to attribute sales or expenses to certain clients or vendors as part of the transactions page.

Pros

Very easy to use for its purposes anf readily available support. Support and tax filing are main reasons I currently use this service.

Cons

Doesn't include as many features as I would like such as being able to separate transactions by product I manufacture or client or vendor. I want to be able to attach more data to each transaction and then sort through those transactions with more granular category such as "transportation costs for product a sold to clients A and B" or "equipment for product B"

Brendan P.

Reviewed on 29/03/2019

Fantastic

we are using KMPG spark for seven businesses. Their online software and the staff are fantastic. They have made the set up process very easy. I don’t know why I didn’t switch over earlier. I feel like I am getting a great value for the services being rendered .

Pros

The software is easy to use very intuitive. Makes communication with your financial team easy.

Cons

They are working to have a single log on for multiple businesses to view the dashboard for each company.

Gregory W.

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

If you're serious about offering your services online for payment

Pros

If you're serious about offering your services online for payment We couldn't live without Bookly pretty much a requirement in our business will be getting ours are updated for years to come

Cons

Wouldn't mind if they would consolidate all the plug-ins into maybe a package to minimize the renewals

Zachary A.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Great service for the independent contractor

So far, so great! I can't say thanks enough!

Pros

It's easy to use and has a clean interface.

Cons

I migrated over from intuit quickbooks and I appreciated having:

1. Automatic GPS tracking for mileage
2. Taking snapshots of receipts to embed to my transactions

It'd be nice to see those features applied

Kayla M.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 19/04/2017

Love This Service!

My account specialist is fantastic. He answers by questions quickly and effectively solves any issues I may have. Customer service is always extremely friendly and helpful and the service takes a huge weight off of my shoulders.

Pros

Easy to navigate and easy to get help.

Cons

I would like to have more control over changing categorizations of transactions.

Christopher S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Book Keeping at Its Best

Bookly is great. The support is amazing. The time commitment was more than I expected, but my finances get a little complicated at times.

Pros

The software is very interactive, with chat functionality and followup. It also is a one stop shop for all of the financing and tax / ledger tracking.

Cons

The software doesn't really tell you when your connections have been lossed to your financial institutes. You won't know until you login and go to the accounts page.

Tracy W.
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Awesome product

Pros

This plugin offers us the ability to allow our customers to order and pay for our services online. Scheduling an appointment for our services and paying online were two of the things we wanted to automate most on our site. We tried several different plugins but none would let us achieve this so perfectly as Bookly did. The products just works!

Cons

I would like to see improvements in the receipt and follow up emails to customers and staff. They are not aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Hoping they improve this functionality.

Paul G.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 18/04/2017

Give Up Your Headaches!

Bookly has made our lives so much better. No more spending hours on end at the end of the year trying to pull together lists of expenses paid throughout the year. With a few minutes a month, Bookly and the awesome accountants there make bookkeeping simple and easy. I link my accounts directly and almost like magic the month is summed up for me in record time. I don't think we could go any longer without Bookly managing our very small business books! It gives us so much more time to dedicate to building our business and enjoying our lives. Bookly takes the stress out of tedious jobs that no one really enjoys!

Pros

Ease of use! Accuracy of categories and simplicity of linking accounts!

Cons

The price (we are so small it's hard to handle). Having to write notes to the accountant instead of putting in the categories myself -where I know they should go.

• Industry: Photography
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 23/11/2018

In's and Out's

Pros

This simple software helps a small business tracks it expenses and revenue easily. Also it helped us send out invoices easily so we can get paid.

Cons

The fact that they had 3 plans made it a little hard to pick the right one, maybe I am just too indecisive.

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

Used this for a short period of time on our company website.

Pros

This software was easy to set up and it's easy to create several different forms for your website. There are different functions that you can set up.

Cons

It took some time to figure out how to customize these forms to look exactly like I wanted them to. We ended up going with a different form company because of this.

Caroline H.

Reviewed on 17/09/2018

Hands off accounting for small business

My acct rep has been wonderful and they make my corporate accounting very easy

Pros

I love the easy integration tools and frequent consolidation of accounts. It keeps all of my numbers up to date and I never feel like I am behind.

Cons

No complaints. I would recommend this software to any small business owners.

Maria R.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 20/02/2018

easy to review my transactions. Talking to the staff, they are very friendly and quick to...

my bookkeeping is quick to review any time. I love it

Pros

I never thought that I would find a software program like this.Great price for starters. Easy to learn.

Cons

Its very difficult to know since I just started but I can say so far I really enjoy the program. It will give free time to do other things.

Richard K.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

Bookly Has Saved My Company More Than 2K a Month for the Year!

Since I started using bookly, I was able to let go of my full time accountant, which I was paying 2K a month to. That's why I say: Bookly Has Saved My Company More Than 2K a Month for the Year!

Pros

Simple, easy to fall behind and catch up when needed.

Cons

I wish they would do my Sales tax for me.

Elizabeth W.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017

Smooth transition

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to integrate with other platforms. Quick and helpful customer support. Confidence that the Bookly team is taking care of our accounting.

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

simple and good

Pros

The fact that you can interact with other people who like the same books that you've liked and read before.

Cons

the layout and general look of the app is too simple and ''meh'', could improve on that aspect of the app.

Jenny T.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 28/02/2019

Great customer service!

Pros

Great customer service and very responsive bookkeeper!

Cons

Can improve on more robust reports that give more details

• Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 22/12/2018

Ease of use and lots of info

It a great up to the minute solution for accounting

Pros

The automatic synchronization without bank account and credit card is awesome

Cons

Every check we issue has to be manually categorized which on a monthly basis is annoying

Michael S.

Reviewed on 29/05/2018

Amazing Bookly staff are kind an accurate

Accuracy Financial Intelligence monthly budget planning It really helps us be sure of where all our money is going !

Pros

They help my small business improve daily ! Every-time I call they are more than willing to help me take my business to the next level.

Cons

NO CONS Bookly is a asset to my company we love bookly ! I'am sure if you test drive bookly you will be happy as well .

John B.
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

Great service

Great experience. Good people to work with.

Pros

Fast and easy to get your up to date reports as soon as the day, week, month, or quarter ends.

Cons

The graph hasn’t been working very well.

Penny F.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 17/09/2018

Easy Reliable service

Pros

I like that I can know at any time how my business is doing.
Everything is updated in real time and very easy to use.
The payments are monthly and very reasonable.
Super easy and helpful for Tax preparation.

Cons

I am really satisfied with this service, at the last 2 years I am using it.

Paul G.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 22/11/2017

Awesome easy way to handle horrible tedious but necessary accounting chores! It's fast and...

Peace of mind that things are do correctly, accurately, and my taxes will be done easily. Confidence in the abilities of the accountants, and that helps me rest assured. Time - I spend less time trying to figure out software I don't understand, and more time enjoying my life.

Pros

The "ask your accountant" feature. It makes it easy for me to ask about confusing expense categories. I also love that my accountant can ask me about things that are unclear to her too. I also love the simplicity of the software and how easy it is to use, download transactions directly from my bank, and upload receipts. It makes seeing the big picture easier. I've used it for nearly a year now, and I love,. Don't do any more work than you need to, just like Bookly.co get it done for you. I am for the first time in years not dreading tax time next year! It is so comforting to know that all our business finances are taken care of my knowledgeable, smart, thorough accountants. I do wish there was a scanning feature built-in, but that's not what the software does! It's okay that I have to scan in the receipts and then upload them, it just takes more time than I want to dedicate but I can even do it with my phone which is pretty convenient and cool. The software is so much better than using Quickbooks, especially Quickbooks for Mac. There is a huge learning curve with Quickbooks, and I'm not an accountant. With Bookly.co you don't need to be an accountant, or even pretend to be one! They take the pain out of small business accounting.

Reviewed on 10/03/2018

Easy to manage appointments

I have been maintaining business meeting with clients.

Pros

It provides an automatic tool for booking schedule with clients. We never worry to miss any meeting schedule. I always get touch with my business client through notification popup. We can easily add it to WordPress. It also saves my time and money.

Cons

It should show the previous schedule which we missed anyhow. I would like to more enhancements in GUI.