About Kashoo

Kashoo is a cloud-based accounting solution that helps small business owners automate bookkeeping tasks. Using machine learning, the platform categorizes and reconciles expenses for bank and credit card transactions, providing...

Browse Kashoo Reviews

Ken I.

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Easiest Accounting/Bookkeeping software by far!

The company is very responsive and the software / apps have been solid. Kashoo is my third (and final) accounting software service purchase.

Pros

Here's the thing - I HATE accounting & bookkeeping. So I want to spend the least amount of time doing it. And, I want to spend even less time doing taxes. Several years ago, I researched all of the solutions out there, yeah QB too... but I dreaded a steep learning curve and wanted something accurate - and portable. Kashoo has the app for my phone & tablet so I can whip out an invoice real quick while visiting clients. It downloads from my bank just like the other big names, and even has an option to accept credit cards from my clients. It's really powerful, and if you're a numbers geek you'll have fun with all of the options. But for me - it just works. Online or app - I don't wonder about my numbers anymore, nor do I waste a bunch of time. And they do regular webinars which are actually quite interesting. Almost makes me want to do my bookkeeping. Almost. lol.

Cons

There's really not a lot to dislike about the software, and the support staff is great. If I could change anything, I'd have them move their headquarters from Canada to the U.S. ;)

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

Amazing alternative to Wave & a better value than Quickbooks for freelancers & small businesses...

I love using it for most of my freelance needs: Accounting, Expenses, Project budgeting, credit card payments, and tax management.

Pros

Tax Management, Real-Time Bank Feed, Bank reconciliation, and Project Budgeting are just some of my favorite features, web and mobile apps are a bonus but the cherry on top for me is that they support the Spanish language as well. Not to mention the super fast support.

Cons

Not many cons but I am just hoping for more integrations. Specifically invoicing software like Fiskl!

Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Kashoo

The amazing support, the mobile app, and the constant updates and feature upgrades.
Carma S.
  • Industry: E-Learning
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 26/07/2019

Good Value for the SoloEntrepreneur

I've been doing my books in Excel for years, but have gotten to a point where that just isn't working for me anymore. I needed an accounting software solution and didn't want to go with the one I've been using for personal expenses due to personal beliefs. Then I heard about Kashoo. It was affordable. It looked fairly easy to learn and robust enough to grow with me. I haven't used it much yet, but I really like what I've seen so far.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use for a beginner. It also looks like something I can grow with and even pass on to an accountant once my business has grown large enough.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve and I'm not able to import information the way I was hoping to.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing Kashoo

My business was getting sophisticated enough that a spreadsheet just wasn't cutting it anymore.

Reasons for Switching to Kashoo

I discovered that Quicken supports organizations that go against by religious beliefs and do not want to have my money go toward those causes.

Top Kashoo Alternatives

John M.

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

Great software for people building their business

For 90% of small business of 10 emplohees or less, Kashoo is the way to go. It feels light, utilizes the Cloud for storage, has terrific support, and is easy to learn and utilize. Im comfortable in growing my business, and letting Kashoo grow with me.

Pros

The key in selecting accounting software is not how much it can do for you, but how much support you can get after you take the plunge.
With Kashoo, the support is unbelievable. Utilizing their Chat feature will get you a satifactory answer in a matter of an hour or so. I've never felt like I got a less than complete reply. Why? Because they know their product, and are not paid to sit and answer questions all day long about something they don't use. I cant say that for the other software systems I've tried. I'm now running 3 businesses off of Kashoo.

Cons

The bank feed somehow gets hung up each month...not sure why. Wish there were more check templates that utilize a common standard (QuickBooks, MS Money)
Wish the Client fields were more customizable, so reporting could be more robust.

Carrie K.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

My Kashoo Experience

I Love Kashoo but I wish there was more help online, I'm trying to figure out how to deduct money from an employee for a garnish of wages and I thought I did it correctly but it was wrong, because I'm a really small business and have less than 5 employees I can not get any help. I also wish that the invoice section of Kashoo was easier to use. But It's way more user-friendly than other programs! So yes I like it !!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to keep track of things, like the reminders it gives in the side column

Cons

Invoicing is not that great, or it could be that I'm not knowledgeable in creating invoices in Kashoo. Wish there was more help for the free accounts, but hey can't get much for free these days.

Response from Kashoo

Hi Carrie, thanks for the review! Kashoo offers many support options and our team is ready to help you any time you need it - by phone 1-888-520-5274, by live chat that's available from within the app, by email at [email protected]shoo.com, and through our self-serve support site at support.kashoo.com. We also regularly host live webinars. You can visit kashoo.com/webinars to see what's coming up. I hope that helps!

Replied 14/12/2016
Mike L.
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 08/07/2019

Great support

overall very good

Pros

Customer support has been excellent. easy to use

Cons

invoices are the most important thing. They are how we present the Kashoo product to our customer. The invoicing needs more functionality. i.e.: I need to be able to delete a line or line items and I can not. Not being able to do this can make an invoice look sloppy.
if a client is tax exempt I have to make every line item a non tax item - better would be one bulk action, one button that says customer is tax exempt.
I would also like to see a quote or estimate option. If a client wants pricing, I need to send them an invoice. if the client decides not to go with us, that invoice is counted as income.

Ken O.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

Basic Software at Economical Price

We are running a seasonal fast service restaurant with 20 employees with a pretty simple chart of accounts. I use QuickBooks Online for other businesses but I was looking for something less costly which integrates well with our Square POS terminal. Kashoo does a great job with Square and it is less than half the price of QBO, but with commensurately less functionality.

Pros

1) Automatically lists the latest entries in income or expenses or other accounts if you select them.
2) Easy to learn and to get going
3) Excellent integration with Square allowing you to run detailed excel reports to slice and dice your Square transactions to your heart's content.

Cons

1) Bank account transaction matching is cumbersome and a bit clunky. The top half of the page is what you've matched, and the bottom half are all the entries in Kashoo INCLUDING matched ones. The bottom half should really be just the unmatched entries.
1a) You can't run a report on matched or unmatched entries and if you select or download the bank account account it does not tell you which entries are matched.
2) It won't add up sub accounts on an income statement
3) In general, if you want to run reports the answer is excel, but excel isn't that bad: it's just a pain to dump it, format it, sort it , etc.

Jc B.

Reviewed on 03/07/2019

Kashoo Online Accounting Review

Again, for the money it is suitable for small companies.

Pros

We started using this product because the first year was free through Liberty Tax Service. Additional account costs are attractive. So cost is what I like most about the product. I do like the layout/appearance of the P&L and Balance Sheet. Also like the Bank Connect feature.

Cons

Inability to get totals within the apps modules, limited reporting capabilities, unable to filter by date, name, detail, etc. Wish this product was a bit more robust, so that exporting to Excel wouldn't be necessary.

George D.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 18/09/2020

Software which solved all operational tasks

Was using Kashoo every day and thanks to it I knew every cent is counted and on its place!
Another thing I liked very much - nice reports!

Pros

Have been using this software for 2 years. In an environment of limited staff this software really helped to control cash flow, expenses, invoices, salaries etc, by only one employee (not dedicated).

Cons

From the very beginning it was very easy and logical to deploy. Learning took no efforts. It was smooth and very flexible.

Liliana R.

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

Easy and faster accounting program

Online assitence is great , Kashoo team have the knowlede and quicky answers when I have quesions or need solved problems

Pros

The online program doesn't need to update and lost the information.
I can attach imporant document in the entry and keep there.

Cons

-Report where shows a detail of accounts payables and accounts receivable.

Robert F.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 18/11/2016

Easy and beautiful!

I really like being able to do everything on my iPad. I also love the customer service by phone is key and email is great to. Finally I love giving password to my accountant and I'm done!

Pros

iPad app

Cons

invoicing is a little fussy and the graphics are a little complicated.
Need to make it easier to identify and manage unpaid and past due invoices

Andy P.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 15/02/2017

Great Accounting Software and App. Especially for a regular Joe like me.

I like the way the Mobile app works seamlessly with the desktop version. I'm on the go a lot, it's nice to use an accounting software that keeps up with me.
Its easy to use. When I do have questions the Customer Service is top notch. They also have timely emails and webinars to help you prepare to tax season and the like.

Pros

Easy to use both online and on mobile devices

Cons

None that I have found yet.

Roongnapha S.

Reviewed on 25/10/2015

Very good app with affordable price

I do appreciate your application, it's easy to use and track.
anyhow, there are more functionalities that I really need.
- need to have a weekly income vs plan graph feature , we can put our monthly plan or yearly plan of income then app can breakdown into weekly target. then graph help compare the income and the trend of the plan in each week. So, people don't need other financial app to fill their target vs actual just to see the trend of their planning.
- need the mass update on the payment status. i have a problem when i have to change status from 'due on receipts' to "paid" , this is when i need to update 10-30 transactions at one go.Or you may have solution already only that i didn't know. So, you can suggest if you have solution in place.
- for the export file to Excel, anyhow the database does not filled in every cells, since you will keep some cells blank if they are the same category e.g. terms of payment account. i have to use excel function to fill all cells before i can do a pivot table to analyse my data.This pre work with filling all cells really waste my time. i need a complete database exported. So, that i can filter or pivot right away after exported.

John H.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

Kashoo for a small company

Top draw other than above.

Pros

It’s very user friendly, fairly priced and always available

Cons

Email function needs fixing (can’t send email invoice without getting rid of > this at the end of address ) in field. Reporter problem to no avail
Also, it would be nice it store scans or have a folder on customers. Otherwise, very good.

Charmaine B.
  • Industry: Farming
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 08/07/2019

Co-Owner

I love the reports.

Pros

If I would be a good bookkeeper, and do it monthly it would be a snap. It is well organized. Some things I do find difficult, and find that the support can be a rather long wait to receive. Example. Have been doing GST return quarterly manually, and can't figure out how to input it. Have had no resolution from helpdesk yet. But will work on it when I return from World Championships end of the month

Cons

The support online is good, but the hours of service not great. Would prefer noon till 9 weekdays and hours on Saturday/Sunday as well. Which is when I often work on books.

David P.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 25/06/2019

Making it Happen with Kashoo

The cloud based operational system enables access by key partners as well as the ability to enter current information, regardless of time or place. Under Kashoo Features the "Create and track project costs" has allowed us to monitor multiple discrete activities in a singular fashion.

Pros

Kashoo's user friendly, intuitive layout and extensive support base enables a novice to get up and functioning in a relatively short time frame.

Cons

The addition of a budget segment would enable a nice comparative feature. Currently I am unaware of such an feature in Kashoo.

Erin W.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

Good online accounting software with excellent customer service team.

Pros

I used this software for a year for my small business. It's a simple form field way to do your accounting as opposed to using spreadsheets. It also has a nice mobile application to accompany the desktop application so you can easily upload photos.
I like being able to attach digital photos of receipts to entries the most.

Cons

In the end, I felt like I could save the money and just use spreadsheets again to do my accounting. Because filling in the form fields was basically the same as filling in cells of a spreadsheet I didn't feel like it was worth it just for the photo upload functionality. I'm sure it has other features that I just never looked into using but my small business is so basic I never got around to seeing the other offerings.

Phillip C.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 14/04/2019

Keep Track Of Your Business

Does what it advertise.

Pros

Very user-friendly and apt for small business use. We use it for one of our new online business. Sync with our local bank and we love the users invite feature where shareholders and our accountant can 'collaborate' easily, even when using ios app.

Cons

If only Kashoo has the tracked invoicing and reminders feature, that will be great.

Hans N.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Probably the best Cloud Accounting software there is

Pros

Super intuitive to use. Everything is laid out efficiently. Everything also works as expected. Mistakes are easy to spot and correct.

Cons

Lack of support with accountants who actually use them. They need to get accountants to use them somehow, and create a network like Xero did, as I found that a super effective way to convince users to adopt it.

Nadia A.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Very Easy to use, easy to keep track all charges

the easiest I've ever used

Pros

Easy to reconcile and it connects to the bank and downloads it, not much to do.

Cons

I like everything maybe a copy of the deposits should me included this way i don't have to go back and forth to find out where did the deposit came from .

David B.

Reviewed on 16/08/2016

KASHOO FAST EASY

EASY TO USE. FAST CHAT RESPONSE. NOT AN ACCOUNT PERSON AND IM ABLE TO DO IT ALL THE WAY EASILY AND NICE HELPING VIDEO EASY TO UNDERSTAND

Sally R.

Reviewed on 29/07/2015

User-friendly interface perfect for one-person business

I came across Kashoo about a year ago and am delighted with it. After years of experimenting with low-brow solutions (shoe boxes, Excel spreadsheets) and software that was far more complicated than what I need (Quicken), I've finally found something in the middle suitably easy to use, yet powerful enough to do everything that I need it to do. I love the user interface and the simplicity of Kashoo's design. It takes the drudgery out of accounting.

Yvonne N.

Reviewed on 29/11/2016

A Great System for anyone that likes things simple and easy

I love Kashoo and have been with them since 2011. The system follows basic accounting principles. The charm of this web app is that it is simple, easy and yet versatile enough that you can make complex transactions clean while still keeping people accountable. The newest feature of attaching any file format to specific transactions is a winner and has helped reduce my workload for researching. Keep up the great job Kashoo!

Akbar R.

Reviewed on 02/08/2015

Accounting Made Easy

I have a small English conversation school in Japan and for my needs this is a very easy to use accounting service. Everything is laid out clearly. Since I work in Japan, the fact that I can work in yen was also a big selling point for me. Being able to see the month to month charts on my phone or ipad at anytime is a big help when you just want to get a quick picture of what's happening. I would definitely recommend Kashoo.

Terry M.

Reviewed on 08/09/2015

Easy to use and provides everything you need in an accounting program.

The program just works for me, i'am not an accountant or bookkeeper but needed a program that was user friendly, time sensitive, multiple platforms and produced the results required to manage my business in a professional manner.