About ShipStation

ShipStation is a multi-carrier, multi-channel shipping solution designed to expedite the shipping process for online retailers. Features such as batch shipping, discounted shipping rates, inventory and customer management, and...

Browse ShipStation Reviews

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

Shipstation Makes Multi Channel Shipping Insanely easy

I love it. I love that it offers to combine orders from the some customer together, I love that I can create global rules for each platform. I love that it integrates with every platform and you don't need to worry about having any kind of issue there. It works with special shipping options like seller fulfilled prime. Really could not be happier.

Pros

Integration is a cinch. YOu really need next to no technical knowledge to set this up on most platforms. Once you create all the rules anyone and I mean anyone can just come in and fulfill all your orders.

Cons

Honestly, I would say that I wish it was free but it is as I like to say WEP - Worth Every Penny, and it doesn't really cost very much.

Matthew J.

Reviewed on 12/02/2018

With ShipStation, I know there is someone on the other end that cares about my experience

Pros

• I was assigned a specific person as my customer service representative, and when I called with an issue, one of the customer rep picked up the phone and answered my question on the spot; meaning, I didn't have to dial a ton of menu options or wait on hold at all to speak with a person. She is also very responsive to emails. We tend to look at websites and applications as faceless businesses, but with ShipStation I know there is someone on the other end that cares about my experience.

• Integrates seamlessly with Squarespace Commerce account

• Automatically marks order fulfilled when a shipping label is printed

• Connects to printer easier than Stamps.com

Cons

• Have to load balances instead of paying for what you use as you go. I encountered this with Stamps.com as well, but it is annoying because I have to make cash flow considerations when all I need is a few extra dollars to print a label.

• Cannot edit manual orders, need to delete and re-create an order if changing quantity or amount of a product.

• I "chose" ShipStation because it was the only shipping option that would integrate with Squarespace. Most of my issues were encountered while trying to transition from Stamps.com to become familiar with the new platform. Though very similar, ShipStation INITIALLY felt like a clunkier, gaudier version of the same thing. Thankfully, they've recently made some positive design changes. However, there are still some quirky user interface aspects, including:
— animated "help/info" bubbles (which I just figured out how to hide).
— In Stamps.com, I was able to see if my thermal printer was connected (or visible to the website) before clicking "print" — which, when I click, charges the postage to my account regardless if the label actually printed. In ShipStation, I have to click "print" without knowing if the website is able to send the job to the printer. This has resulted in additional postage billed to my account because I clicked "print." I then have to wait for that amount to be refunded in my account. Though I should add, I rarely have printer connection issues with ShipStation, whereas it used to be the bane of my Stamps.com experience.
— Stamps.com also made it easy to see all the USPS shipping options and rates at a glance, while viewing an order. In ShipStation, I either have to select a service, then an option from within that service or open up a separate rate calculator. This makes it harder to find the lowest shipping fee/service or fastest method for its value when modifying individual orders.

Krzysztof H.
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 29/01/2017

Not perfect but very good

I was impressed with options you have in this software to speed up shipping proces.
I sell in multiple platforms ( eBay, amazon, and my own ecommerce store) and ship station import all orders into one place. No more login into each of them and ship from there
I also ship with multiple carriers ( USPS and FedEx) and there is where ship station is handy
I am using stamps.com for 5+ years and I ma very happy with it but stamps will not work with FedEx so I had to sort out orders by shipping method and ship USPS packages using stamps.com and than log into FedEx to ship remaining orders from there. FedEx software it terrible ( on line fedex.com and their shop software ) that it actually increase my shipping time that I was considering to drop FedEx shipping method from all stores. Ship Station make shipping much easier if you use multiple carriers and this is why I use it

Pros

1) Import orders from multiple ecommerce platform
2) One software for multiple shipping carriers and method
3) Great email notification for clients, multiple options of emails and multiple templets
4)inventory tracking
many other good futures

Cons

1) Depend on package you have with ship station support can take long time to answer your question. No phone support for any users and only email support for lowest package. This is not acceptable. When I need to ship and I have issue I need to call somebody and fix problem ASAP. If you send email you can wait who know how long to resolve issue. Live chat is available only for selected ship station clients ( base on how much you are paying = selected package of ship station) and it may take very long time to actually chat with somebody ( we are talking hours in some cases before you are at top of chat queue )
2) you have to press button to read package weight if you have scale attached. This is very annoying if you ever used software with automatic scale. You place package on scale and software already know what you shipping. ( or alarm you when scale is 0 = nothing on scale ). I had packages returned because I did not press "read" scale button and package was over weight compared to postage purchased. Same goes the other way. You pay more for postage if your package is less than what you estimate in your ecommerce platform.
3) FedEx international shipping has big problem. Ship station does not print commercial invoice for international packages. You technically can print label but than you have to go to FedEx and fill out commercial invoice form. I do not understand why it can not be printed at the same time with label. All info is already available ( item, price etc) on ship station after importing order. Ship Station print all required paper work for USPS international packages
4) address verification is not strong future on a software . I am comparing it to a stamps.com again. If client place wrong address on a form ship station will tell you that address is not valid but will not tell you what is wrong and will not suggest correction. Stamps.com will suggest correct zip code , street name , apartment number if it is missing etc. Ship station will only tell you " invalid apartment number" or "apartment not found"
5) international imported addresses create issue sometimes if client used other than English address form. German , Japanese, Spanish language use soft punctuations and different letters like ~ or ę ó ś ć and many similar. Ship station when import such address create strange characters replacing original with something like @##@$%% and if you print it I can guaranty package will not be delivered to a clients since local post office will not recognize street name or town.
6) some countries are not recognized by ship station as international address. Republic of Ireland is not recognized. If client place that name on order form Ship station assign USA address to it. Since this is official name if country my client always put it than way and not Ireland in Country section. They would have to put Ireland instead ( Ireland in country field create correct international destination) Same goes to United Kingdom but England will be correct ( it may be few others - just do not remember )

Top ShipStation Alternatives

Ryan S.

Reviewed on 25/02/2017

Amazing Software, Great Support. Would Highly Recommend.

Shipstation tracks packages, manages inventory, labels, and shipping. integrates easily with many different platforms (eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy, ETC.) Ship station can also automate most client communications including eBay feedback, email marketing, messages, and much more. It's like having a custom built CRM that was specifically design for ecommerce / marketplace sellers. It's not something you HAVE to have; almost everything it does can be done manually. Trust me when I say that once you do use it,- you will wonder how you ever lived without it.

Pros

- Customer service is awesome (live chat, phone, email, etc) You're also assigned your own dedicated representative that learns your business model & account. Helpful since they will learn your account over time with you.
- It's inexpensive compared to similar software.
- This a pro AND a con (see below) but you also get a free stamps.com account with Shipstation. In reality its stamps.com that handles your USPS labels (that includes billing for shipping).
- The software just works. It does it's job and it does it extremely well.

Cons

- Don't get why PayPal isn't offered as payment source to ship labels / pay monthly fees. (I ended up just getting paypal business debit card)
- Wish they revamped the pricing structure. If your selling 500-600 avg. each month. Your being charged the same each month for someone that sells 1400-1500 products. Seems to me a pricing structure: 100 / 250 / 500 / 1000 / 2000 / 5000 would make more sense and entice more lower volume sellers to use it.
- SS & stamps.com - The only problems I have had were due to stamps.com and not Ship station. When this happens, you have to reach out to stamps.com for support which can be like pulling teeth. This means your sometimes having to call/email 2 different companies if your having problems with something.
- No offline/desktop version of the software.

Michael C.

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

V2 Is A Near-Perfect SaaS. V3 Is Half-Baked

As I already mentioned, I love ShipStation. It's really one of my favorite pieces of SaaS. Their customer support is also great. They answer their live chats and emails quickly and always have a solution. Rare, especially for the price of admission.

Pros

The interface in ShipStation V2 is fantastic. As the department manager, I can easily assign orders to my CSR's and use tags to designate anything I want. We use different tags/colors for suppliers, whether we are shipping ourselves or dropshipping, or marking things as HOT! Using the tags to filter, makes it easy to find and sort orders and see what needs to be worked on.

We also use the custom fields for notating PO #'s, which supplier we dropshipped from, and sometimes other important notes.

The interface is so easy on the eyes and the filtering are so good that we use ShipStation instead of ChannelAdvisor to handle our orders.

Another great feature is ShipStation Connect, which allows us to print to anyone's printer, even if they are not on the same network. Fantastic feature, especially, if not everyone has a Zebra printer at their station.

Cons

I wish we could interface with our website. Right now, we're using it with the marketplaces, but our website is on its own, which is unfortunate, because we lose all of that monitoring functionality.

The other con is V3. We tried it. It's very much not ready for prime time. It was buggy. The interface was not as good and the user experience was lacking. What we could do in V2 with a few keystrokes and the Tab key, took several more clicks. We're hoping they fix that up, before forcing the "upgrade."

Jon P.

Reviewed on 30/08/2018

Shipstation makes shipping from different channels with different methods easy

I've had a great experience with ShipStation. It was easy to connect our stores and other channels and setup our rules. It was also straightforward to train our employees on it. ShipStation has saved us many headaches and a lot of time. We no longer have to ship orders from each channel individually and ship everything from one ShipStation console. We were also able to reduce the number of thermal printers we were using from three down to one. ShipStation is well worth the cost if you are currently shipping from more than one channel or need to setup rules for shipments to follow.

Pros

The best feature of ShipStation is how well it can handle orders from multiple channels (eBay, amazon, website) and ship them without the hassle of going to each channel. It flawlessly imports the orders, creates shipments, verifies addresses, and ships with the preferred method. It also allows you to easily set up rules so you can easily specify how each channel, product, or other various filter is shipped.

Cons

The main feature that I wish this product had is the ability to scan SKU/product ID verification to confirm shipment before shipping. ShipStation does have scan to ship available, where you scan the barcode on the packing slip to bring up the shipment and then ship the item. This is a nice feature, but I would like to to go once step further where you scan the barcode on the packing slip, then you scan the barcode of the SKU/product ID to make sure it was picked properly, then you print the shipping label.

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

Great for everyday shipping

Generally good, for the price it's great. Updates are slow.

Pros

We ship a lot, and ship station enables us to ship more quickly and more effectively. It also helps us track returns which as a rental business, all of our shipments come back and having all of that in one place is really helpful.

Cons

They've established the software, they focus on vendors who aren't rental companies and ship a lot of smaller packages. Updates are slow coming and it feels like they've said "hey we've done it!!! Let's coast." and don't really do updates anymore. Although if you ship to Zimbabwe on a regular basis they are more than happy to add rickshaw as an option, but won't give you the option to select that it was delivered by someone internally.

Abby B.

Reviewed on 30/07/2021

Got my Zero-Tech Client into 21st Century thanks to ShipStation!

Overall, an outstanding experience. I think it has really helped my client's business run smoother and more efficiently.
I recall having to contact Customer Support one time for help and it was a good experience.

Pros

Nicest clients ever... these guys were still taking orders via fax. They had a terrible WooCommerce site that was so unusable customers would usually place order over the phone. My client was manually enter the orders into QuickBooks where they'd get their UPS tracking info and print shipping labels from QB, BUT, they couldn't even Copy/Paste the tracking #'s! Let alone send customers automated emails! They were manually re-typing tracking codes to update their customers!! They were SO HESITANT to use ShipStation. They were pretty much convinced there was no way it would work and if it did it'd be annoying, glitchy, and time consuming. So I MADE THEM try it! A few weeks later, they called and THANKED ME for forcing them to do it. They said it's cut administrative time in half, made everything less stressful, makes them look more professional and is very easy to use.

Cons

Some of the integration with WooCommerce was a little funky, but I think it was just because I was super nervous to no screw anything up.

Matthew K.

Reviewed on 26/05/2021

Great way to have shipments from multiple marketplaces show up in one area

Overall ship station has made life selling on multiple marketplaces much easier.

Pros

I sell items on multiple online marketplaces and instead of shipping using each individual marketplace ship station makes it simple by importing orders from every marketplace you sell on. That way I log onto ship station and print all my labels from there. It automatically updates on each marketplace once the label is printed.

Cons

Search history only goes back about 6 months now it used to be longer. This can be a pain sometimes when trying to look up an older order

Erin G.

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

Shipstation is great for small businesses!

Excellent customer service. We pay for enterprise support and the chat team has helped us on so many occasions.

Pros

Shipstation helped our small business in many ways. The process of integrating your marketplaces is straightforward and simple. The native integrations offered are quite extensive, and we did quite lengthy research to pick and fulfillment software that integrated with the most marketplaces possible. The value for the cost is totally worth the investment, and the customization of carriers, labels, automation rules, notification emails truly makes this a great product.

Cons

You can only integrate one Amazon EU account, not all countries. So for example, you can integrate amazon.uk, but not amazon.it or amazon.de. There are still some marketplaces that do not offer a native integration with Shipstation. I wish reporting "insights" were more extensive.

Hedi A.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 22/06/2021

Almost half of my 3000 orders came back as "not enough postage"

Terrible. Insulting. Their answer was an irrelevant statement that I should then choose a different setting. No acknowledgement of the situation they created. They should have made the correct recommendation before the 3000 products were prepared for shipping

Pros

What would ShipStation do if 3000 of your orders got returned due to incorrect shipping? Shipping that was chosen from Shipstation software and verbally verified?
Absolutely nothing. Visit BBB and you'll see that I filed a complaint months ago and the case has been closed due to unresponsive communication and in their words "not knowing what to do" from Shipstation. There is a list of events below for reference This was the final communication with ShipStation. It was their turn to respond and they did not.

1- On 4/9/21 products were ready to be dropped off at the post office but it was rejected due to the pricing of the stamps and the thickness of the package
2- Although the ShipStation labels verified the cost and dimensions for Letter Size 5 by 4 by 1 inch at .51 cents, the labels had to be reprinted, products repackaged with less insulation.
3- Help was hired for the packaging and re-packaging of all the products at $12/hr for 2 employees.
4- Shipstation had no solution. In fact, my account rep’s exact words were: “ I don’t know what to do.” and referred us to Stamps.com
5- Stamps website suggested the use of the setting for Large Envelope size 5 by 4 by .75 inches for $1.00.

6- Since the envelopes were getting run through a machine with disregard for the size indicated on ShipStation, the product was ruined for a lot of customers.

This product had to be fulfilled again and shipped.

Cons

Customer service and Shipstation software are not informed of the correct setting / pricing of shipping a product. The settings chosen by Shipstation software and recommended by Customer service were wrong. The post office would not accept the packages that were verified multiple times by Shipstation.

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

Scalable shipping tool for ecommerce sites

Using it for the shipping of ecommerce sites I helped set up, its the best tool we've had to enable our shipping using multiple carriers.

Pros

Probably the easiest to use shipping enabler, very easy to use and updates very frequently with WordPress so you could make real-time changes on both platforms and the changes do reflect almost instantly. Very economical and customer service is quite helpful!

Cons

The payments can be a little delayed to be reflected on the user side as it might take 10mins to 2-3 hours for it to go through.

Karim S.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

Shipstation is a sharp one-stop shop to ship for cheap!

Having a centralized shipment flow makes it easy to create shipments or quotes, bulk shipments and labels as well as tracking ins and outs. Perfect experience!

Pros

Having all shipping and courier carriers aggregated in one place makes it easier for us to use the right one at the right time, therefore saving on cost and time.

Cons

Occasionally, we have a hard time getting through our point of contact over at ShipStation but overall, there is really no major cons using them.

Jen C.

Reviewed on 14/06/2018

Easy to use and integrates with other software we use.

Integration options and ease of use.

Pros

It is easy to add all of your boxes, products, and shipping account and you can even use customer accounts. ShipStation will create commercial invoices, customized packing slips and more. You can set up automations for customers who always use their own shipping account or products that always go in the same box. Customer service is good. The quote calculator is handy.

Cons

I wish it could keep track of shipping box inventory. Some of the customization options need to be selected in multiple places to work, which can be tricky but things are labeled if you look for them.

Marc R.
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 12/04/2021

I'm done.

Shipping software is supposed to make shipping easy this software is a frustrating waste of time.

Pros

It worked great until they did an update to the interface now it's worthless.

Cons

I have used ShipStation for years they did an update about a year ago and it all went to shit after that, I constantly have to reset the printer to recognize the software and now I have spent an hour trying to print a label with no success. For some reason they are double entering sales so I have to delete one so it doesn't throw the totals out of wack. Looking up shipped packages some don't show up even though it was shipped. My clients are not receiving a tracking # email so I have to answer the "Where's my stuff email. Done.

Gregg C.

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

Gamechanger

They’ve been great - easy to use product, amazing customer service and support, and for a reasonable price. I can’t recommend them enough.

Pros

Before setting up Shipstation first with a Wordpress site and then with Shopify, we had to enter everything in by hand to USPS and UPS. Shipstation automated all of that for us and made it super simple to keep track of open orders. No more sitting on a stack of paper packing slips trying to see what can ship out now. Very easy to use, and pulls orders from multiple Shopify stores plus eBay, amazon, walmart, etc.

Cons

Nothing, really. I can recommend it enough. Any time I couldn’t make something connect, the customer service people just linked into my computer and took care of it immediately. Amazing customer service.

Reviewed on 30/06/2018

Overall, a streamlined approach to your shipping solutions with great customer service.

A significant increase in productivity in the workforce and also a key contributor in our streamlining of the business. The Shipstation team themselves are real joy to work with with excellent customer service. Shipstation is great and has genuinely solved a lot of our issues with regards to order fulfilment.

Pros

The simplification of the fulfilment process is second to none. The feature of bulk printing labels is incredibly helpful as it saves so much time, leading to increased productivity in fulfiling our order requests. Centralising all of our contracts with couriers has also been incredibly advantageous, saving a lot of time. The fact that this pulls across the shipping information of each individual customer really makes this system fool proof. It has allowed the company I work for to branch out and purchase it's own warehouse, and subsequently make huge savings by no longer outsourcing our storage, picking and packing solutions.

Cons

It can be a little tricky with regards to actually setting up integrations, however this is only a minor limitation due to the fantastic customer service I was given.

Jack D.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Good Solution for Our In House Shipping

All in all a good software that I would recommend to others.

Pros

Shipstation saves tons of time printing labels in batches. I also appreciate its flexibility to allow me to split orders into multiple shipments, setup various shipping warehouses, integrate with various carriers, etc. All at a reasonable price.

Cons

I've had mediocre experiences with customer support.

David G.

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

Best Tool Ever - SAVES ME SO MUCH TIME

BEST EVER! Best money spent.

Pros

Automated Rules are amazing. My weights, sizes an shipping options automatically pull in. Being able to easily print shipping labels for Amazon, Ebay, ETSy and my website couldn't be any easier.

Cons

This tool is great. I wish they could help negotiate better rates, but they do help provide some level of discounts with carriers.

Angie R.

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Makes shipping easy

Shipstation was easy to implement and is easy to use, whether you have standard products or custom products. It's user friendly and cost effective.

Pros

Shipstation makes managing shipments a breeze, from intial shipment to tracking delivery. I love that you can set up standard products and packages to make the process more efficient. We ship with multiple providers and Shipstation makes it easy to switch between services in one interface. They also have the option to add additional insurance at a much lower cost than the shipping providers, which saves us a significant amount of money each month. Shipstation also directly connects with multiple sales channels so you can avoid manual entry of orders.

Cons

I don't love paying a monthly fee but it has been worth the low cost for all the time we save as well as the lower insurance costs.

James n. p. O.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 25/10/2016

Wonderful Platform -- Waiting One Additional Support from SquareSpace Integration

We love Shipstation. Great customer service and it has made fulfillment so much easier for us! Shipstation integrates more or less seamlessly with Squarespace Commerce and takes what was once a multi-hour process every day, into something that takes us 15 minutes or so.

- ShaveFace

Pros

Quick order import. Accurate addresses. Better rates. Great customer support. Excellent international shipping features.

Cons

Communication with Squarespace for shipment confirmation emails. Currently, there is no way to turn these off in Squarespace, and Shipstation's custom tracking emails are far better and more professional. Our customers are getting two emails because there is no way to turn this off on Squarespace. I know this is not a Shipstation problem, but just wanted to bring it to your attention so Squarespace can resolve the issue quicker!

Also-- getting up and running on Stamps.com was very clunky and required a fair bit of back and forth. If there is any way to make this as seamless as signing up on your platform, that would be wonderful.

Cameron F.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 21/02/2021

Poor customer support

Very poor customer support. I have contacted them on Friday and was not even replied to by end of day. The chat option is gone, and we use the gold subscription. looking to different options.

Pros

Ease of use and lots of flexibility. Not much to dislike.

Cons

Speaking only about the software itself, there is really nothing we dislike.

Dr abe K.

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

Good software to use if you are selling products on Ebay or Amazon

You get great discounts by utilizing certain shippers which include Federal Express and the United States Postal Service.

Pros

The best thing about this software is that you get exclusive discounts on shippers. You get approximately forty percent off the shipping rates when using USPS and about thirty percent off the rates when using Federal Express. This software helps us to cut down on employee time spent on our shipping needs.

Cons

The software comes with online support but the hours offered for this online support is limited to only business hours. Since we ship around the clock, it would be nice to have 24 hour customer service support.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 11/06/2018

Very easy to use

Pros

This software is the most heavily used software by our fulfillment team and it allows us to communicate about orders inside of an organize system.

Cons

Honestly I do not have any complaints about shipstation. They are constantly beating our expectations. I recommend it all of the time.

• Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 14/07/2021

Works well

Overall I had a wonderful experience with ShipStation.

Pros

This software makes it super easy to stay organized and efficient. Makes it easy to ship and organize.

Cons

It does take a bit to learn how to properly use the software. There are a few moving parts involved.