About VICIdial

VICIdial is an open-source, cloud-based contact center solution suitable for small to large call centers in a variety of industries. Key features include inbound and outbound calls, call routing, email integration, online chat...

Browse VICIdial Reviews

Rogger F.

Reviewed on 22/04/2020

a Swiss Army Knife for those who are creative enough to use it well

At GOSAT we use VICIdial in our contact center for loan sales to a local bank in Brazil, where we integrate it 100% with the bank.

We also use VICIdial on clients of different segments in the market: collection, petrol, school, health and etc ...

Pros

VICIdial is the most popular open-source Contact Center Solution in the world and it can become a Swiss Army Knife for those who grasp the infinite possibilities of this incredible system.

We were able to meet all our needs and overcome all challenges using VICIdial.

Cons

I know that VICIdial is not for this purpose, what I miss is an integration in the AGC interface (Agent) with WhatsAPP and Facebook messanger.
We do this today through other solutions, it would be perfect integrated with VICIdial.

Alvaria CXP

Reasons for Choosing VICIdial

I spent about six months researching OpenSource tools to be used in the contact center and VICIdial was the only one that met all my requirements.

Reasons for Switching to VICIdial

Because it is open source and has a more active community in the world, and the fact that it is constantly updated and improves.
Chris Q.

Reviewed on 12/08/2021

ViciDial is amazing!!

I am able to run my entire business from this software, its quite remarkable!

Pros

I love the API features of this tool and how I can integrate it into other software

Cons

The learning curve is a bit steep when you are new to the system

Greg P.

Reviewed on 20/04/2020

Great product, great performance, and great flexibility

I absolutely love VICIdial, I won't use any other dialer at all

Pros

The amount of customization that. you can do, and the sheer power of the dialing platform

Cons

It's got quite a learning curve for people to get proficient with it initially. Although once you've mastered the interface and the concepts behind the dialer, it's amazing.

Top VICIdial Alternatives

Wagner G.

Reviewed on 25/05/2021

It does the job

It worked great for me who was starting up and didn't want to invest too much money on a autodialer solution. It has all the features I needed to offer my customers a rich autodialer experience.

Pros

Open source softwares are the best ones to help you save money, especially if you're starting up a business.

Cons

It's a bit complicated to learn in the beginning, but after a few weeks you get used to it and it becomes easier.

Elvyn V.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 28/04/2018

Vicidial, is a great tools for all Call Center that need to have High Level Customer Experience...

- Stability
-Reports
-IVR's solution Integration
-Survey
-Security

Pros

Well, I like features:Load Balancing of call between multiple inbound or outbound Asterisk servers. So good for performance optimization. Set outbound CallerID per campaign or per list. Start and stop recording an agent's calls( Scripts), and Full Recoding too. Phone login balancing and fail over across multiple vicidial servers, great!!, is a redundancy option, very important. You can be logged from anywhere. Faster hangup -Hot Key,etc. I am an Voip Telephony Integrator, and in this Vicidial is Flexible and Stable. Vicidial is my firts option when i have to deployment call center solution. I like other one thing, the opertating system platform ( OpenSuse Leap ) because Vicidial working great with it.

Cons

A few points, firts one, DISPO SCREEN, PAUSE SCREEN, You know, I think, GUI can be better .

Other one, according my knowledge Vicidial do not show PSTN setting template for T1's, E1 or J1, this for company that until today has this type of Telecommunications resources for dialing and customer service. I think, Vicidial Team assume that an Asterisk PBX admin know that Or Call Center Industry is SIP Trunk oriented and legacy pbx will be unavailable a few year or right now.

Other one, is about language, translate for Spanish is not so good. but I admit is easy to set.

Burk M.

The Future of the Call Center Industry

VICIdial has, over years of constant and thoughtful development, established itself as the Microsoft Office equivalent of call centers. I see it everywhere.

A quick overview:

VICIdial lives on a server, and is displayed to your sales agents via their web browser. They run a small (usually free) soft phone on their computer with a headset, and when they log in to VICIdial, their soft phone rings, they answer the call, and begin their work.

A bit more detail:

Because the software suite is open source and free for anyone to download, use, and modify, I've seen (and personally created) customized solutions that do everything from accept orders from a 3-rd party sales website to literally delivering room service orders using robots (really!).

VICIdial scales from single servers with small call teams, to clusters of dozens of servers and hundreds of agents. If you're paying for a proprietary solution, you're probably doing it wrong.

I get calls from call center owners looking to switch to VICIdial constantly. Do yourself a favor and take a hard look at the VICIdial Call Center Suite.

Pros

VICIdial is free, open-source, and regularly updated by a dedicated core team of experienced software developers. It works very well, and when properly configured is extremely reliable and robust business software.

Cons

VICIdial has been in development for many years, adding many (many!) features which can overwhelm call center managers new to VICIdial.

William C.

Reviewed on 15/06/2016

The Only OpenSource Dialer that works and is well supported. Saved so much money!

We had a proprietary (dialogic based) PBX called Televantage and the Owner did not want to renew that (very expensive) lease. Although Televantage had an add-on for "dialer", the entire system was seriously expensive. Vicidial does not require proprietary hardware, although it is based on Asterisk and will use any compatible VOIP hardware. It is capable of running a small one or two person operation, mid-range 25-50 person Call Centers ... and ultimately can be "clustered" to manage virtually unlimited users. Although we've never gone over 150. LOL

Pros

Free. Easy to install with an .iso installer. Powerful. Expandable. Ongoing development. php/MySQL based so it can be integrated with almost anything. Easily transferred from server to server with a database backup/restore, an update script and possibly a couple configuration file changes.

Cons

Too Complex for some users (like Chess, it CAN be played by simple rules, but when you're in competition those rules suddenly don't seem so simple, LOL). Not pretty. The interface is only for employees, but it has so many layers that upgrading the visual interface is ... unlikely. Will not run in a virtualized environment for more than 1 or 2 users, you can only use Virtualization for testing/development purposes.

Shariq K.

Reviewed on 29/04/2018

Best Open Source Turn key Call Center Solution

I googled this product in 2007 and from that day i have defined my field line to Call center and VoIP. I gained too much knowledge in Linux environment and voip for call center because of the vicidial. I have deployed vicidial in all of my jobs for call center purpose. In short if anyone ask for the call center solution then my straight answer is Go with ViciDial.

Pros

Vicidial is the one and only comprehensive open source call center solution that has all built in features according to the user requirements. And because of its open source solution can be customized easily. Very reliable and robust product. One of the major advantage is its scalability. No license limitations. Integration with user applications is very easy. In short what a user can think about any feature, it's built in available.

Cons

The GUI of agent is very bad. It has all the features but front end is not what according to the current market trend. Color scheme also very old style. And the detailed reports never matched with others. I can understand that reports shows from different tables but user want simple report with the matched statistics. I always face time (logging and call duration) difference in reports as well as the disposition statistics difference.

Christian C.

Reviewed on 05/04/2019

The best open source callcenter software you can find

By using Vicidial we have been able to reach clients which were prohibited by the costs of propietary software. We have grown as a company and learned how to integrate this marvelous piece of software with quite some other systems. We provide support for Vicidial 24/7, and have thousands of agent seats running realiably with Vicidial.

Pros

Vicidial has a complete set of features which allow you to turn inexpensive hardware into a fully fledged callcenter solution. Its features comprehend all of those propietary software, such as call recording, full reporting, outbound and inbound dialing, load balancing multiple servers, and so much more.

Plus, it's open source, so that allows you to customize it or tweak it to fit your needs. There's nothing that can't be accomplished by that.

Cons

The software is so powerful it can overwhelm the regular user with so much possible configurations available, thus dificulting the setup.

Also, it's main user interface age starts to show: the design is not contemporary, and it doesn't look the prettiest. However, it still gets the work done.

Jose C.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/05/2017

Reliable, scalable, open source and packed with features for almost any use case scenario.

Pros

You can scale it in a pinch, if needed, and can integrate it with any external systems via its HTTP API.

It has a rich variety of features, making it suitable for use in any type of call centres, being those inbound or outbound.

It has all the required reports needed to successfuly run a call centre operation.

It has a very detailed documentation for managers and agents. They offer a free and paid version of their manuals, the difference being the paid version having color and helpful images.

It allows call centre managers to have a high grade of control over the agents, monitoring their activity since the time they log in until the end of the day.

It is based on known technologies (LAMP, Asterisk), so it is fully customizable according to the customer needs.

The community is vibrant, active and helpful. If you find an issue, is guaranteed the forum will have the answer. Also, the main developers are reachable in case you have a more specific need or want to pay for a feature to be implemented.

For critical call centre services, it is very easy to integrate it with existing High Availability solutions (HAProxy).

They have clear guidelines respecting the hardware needed to implement the solution.

And please, before doing anything, read the manual.

Cons

Some parts of the system (the agent interface, specifically) are very difficult to customize, by its nature (lot of AJAX, HTML/Javascript/CSS/PHP in one big file).

Although helpful, the presentation of almost all reports are a bit crude, being in raw text format (but the developers are rapidly enhancing those).

Hersh B.

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

Vicidial in the Call Center World

I love Vicidial, I have been in the call center industry for over 18 years and have used almost every software platform out there. My frustration of always having to depend on someone to resolve issues within a software resulted in taking action by installing, setting up, and implementing the software personally with the help of the online resources and vicidial manuals. My tech experience was nothing above normal and surprisingly enough I was able to install and setup the system personally without the need to involve someone else. Honestly I continue to test and try other platforms and end up always going back to Vicidial.

Pros

The ability to scale the software so easily is a great plus. Vicidial ability to mold to any industry due to the large amount of features it offers...it truly can be a all-in-one software where it solves the need to have multiple platforms to manage information and process in day to day activity. Finally, open source is awesome!

Cons

Visually it needs work, the software feel can come off as old and tired...but it makes up for it with function.

Ian G.

Reviewed on 04/04/2019

The dialer is a beast!

Overall, vicidial is a platform for you if you want to build a straightforward campaign or detail designed campaign. Over the years I have been through a number of different platforms and to have the support, robust tools the platform offers and the ability to customize and build what you want, you cannot find a better dialer.

Pros

What I liked most about the vidial software is its ability to dial my ideal customers by timezone or by action based on analytics provided by the platform. You are able to track any interraction with potential prospects based on the rules you setup throughout the dialer. The customer service is very knowledgeable and are eager to help with any questions you may have. Being a call center manager, with a need for answers on the fly it goes a long way to have the support and with their help you cannot fail at your campaign goals.

Cons

The software looks ugly but its a clean design. Hey Vicidial, 1997 is calling and wants its design back.

Michael G.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 15/03/2017

Best Predictive Dialer on the Market!!!

We had previously used a closed source predictive dialing platform and were getting tired of being nickel and dimed every time we added users or additional lines. The software was also lacking many features. I would be embarrassed to tell you what we paid for the system. This experience led us to shop for a new platform and that is when we came across Vicidial. I am so happy we found them! The fact that it was open source and essentially free made it an easy switch from a financial standpoint. After downloading the manuals and we were able to install a server using their Vicibox installer package. We needed a little help with some advanced configuration so we purchased some support hours from the Vicidial Group and they logged in remotely and got us squared away in a flash. That was about 7 years ago and with each new version the software gets more robust and feature rich. Over the years I have recommended Vicidial to numerous colleagues and have never been burnt. If you need a predictive dialer I would highly recommend Vicidial.

Hylton D.

Best Free Dialer for Contact Centres - VICIdial

We are a 50, 80 seat call centre and have been using VICIdial for over 5 years. It works perfectly for manual and predictive outbound calling as well as inbound calls. It's quite remarkable that it is a free software suite, as it works just as well if not better than most paid solutions.

The dialer is full of features and easy to configure.

The support forum is great for any assistance required with most queries being answered by the developers personally.

The software has great reporting capabilities, however, I feel it lacks a few reports that I believe would be useful.

I would recommend the software to any call centre as it is free, very reliable and easy to use.

Thanks to the developers for designing such an awesome piece of software!

Pros

It's free, feature rich and easy to configure. Very reliable dialer.

Cons

It lacks a few reports that would be useful for our business.

Miguel angel L.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 28/05/2018

Vicidial profject is a very complete, mature and full of features software. I greatly...

I helped me make my SIP services business.

Pros

It uses all the open-source standards into one powerful system. It uses mysql, asterisk, apache, etc. It has everything a call center might need and more. It has so many features that I've never used them all. Outbound, Inbound and blended campaigns. Web forms, time tracking and more. I have been using this software ever since I tried it for the first time. And its now my default choice when a client comes to me asking for a call center software.

Cons

It's not user friendly or intuitive. It's normal to get lost in the beginning. There's so many options that can get overwhelming at times. But with a some patients and a little try and error it gets easier. I highly recommend reading the manual. It's very complete.

Jerry R.

Way Ahead Of the Pack!

I've worked with most dialers over the last 20 years, and Vicidial is the supreme OpenSource dialer available. The underlying Asterisk 11 has been tuned to Vicidial so reliability is off the charts compared to other Asterisk based systems. The built-in agent interface is very flexible and allows you use your own custom fields in the scripts. The Vicidial API gives you the ability to create your own Agent interface exactly the way you want it. Paid support is available from multiple sources, so you are never stuck without help. The Vicidial forums are very active and often get answers to you within minutes. IMHO, you either use Vicidial in your contact center or you are paying far too much for far too little.

Pros

The amazingly rich array of features.

Cons

Figuring out how to use the amazingly rich array of features.

Juan carlos M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

Amazing software for outbound calling

It's an inexpensive solution which allows complete management of any outbound campaign. It's fully customizable which makes it really appealing, you can have different campaigns and different strategies to call. If you don't have too much money to invest, this is your best choice.

Pros

I was looking for an inexpensive solution for a 400 seat call center and I ran into vicidial, it's very easy to use and you can tailor it to your company needs, it's also open source which allows you to add really helpful features. It has all you need for outbound, reporting, tools, dialer, user management, just the best.

Cons

I would say the installation, was a bit hard mainly on the telco side but that would be its only flaw.

Ryan C.

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

If you need a call center, Vici is there for you.

Pros

Free and open source program in active development and works, consistently. I've based my entire business on this software and it's working wonderfully.

Even the free version has an extremely active community, including the developers, that really want to help you get the system up and going. I have had better support experiences on the free Vicidial forum than I have on a service running.

Cons

Being free and open-source, i suppose i can't complain too much. But the front-end/GUI could use an overhaul pretty bad. The interface looks like a mid-90s website. Granted behind that GUI is a rock-solid system, it would be nice to have something better to look at every day.

Yannick M.

Reviewed on 17/04/2017

ASterisk PBX/Dialer Consultant

I have been using Asterisk since 2008. I got into it so much that I branched out into focusing on PBX administration. I previously did networking, system administration, basic programming and database management. Now I focus on providing PBX and dialer consultancy/support to small call centres.
Asterisk provides a cost effective platform for small to medium size organizations. It is my flg ship solution and I owe my introduction to Asterisk to the current career path that I am on. Glory to God!

Pros

It's cost effectiveness, and it flexibility.

Cons

The support can be challenging for hard to solve issues. But nothing a little research can't handle. There are some gray areas nonetheless where portability of features and applications are involved.

James A.

Reviewed on 28/04/2018

Excellent and creates efficiency

Pros

Ability to dial large number of clients simultaneously. Easy to load and manage data. Reporting tools are comprehensive. API connectivity works well. Low load on hardware as well.

Cons

Agent features are limited unless you spend a ton of money on development. The HUGE issue we have is the callback functionality. It's not automated at all. It would create a huge increase in conversion if an agent could set a callback and the system would dial it automatically at the time set or if the agent was on a call already at that time it would be the very next dial they had. Vicidial is a great dialer but could be an amazing CRM as well.

Philip R.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 20/04/2020

Great product!

Killer product. Great managers manual, great forum info.

Pros

so many features! a lot to learn, but it does anything you might ask for. Can change settings to literally make it do just about anything you want it to do.

Cons

The features are awesome. I can't say that there is anything that I don't like about the software. If you are the install person and setting up from scratch, there's a lot to personalize, but it just takes time and gets easier over time.

Gregory N.

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

ViciDial is our dialer of choice for good reason: it's incredibly powerful and is a great value

I've built a great business over the past few years, and ViciDial is the foundation of my business.

Pros

customer service is fantastic. there's rarely a wait for help, almost every time a human picks up the phone right away -- a very experienced and helpful human, at that! I've attended the in-person training at Vici HQ in Tampa and had a great time learning the ins and outs of the software, as well as meeting the very friendly and helpful staff. Love those guys!

Cons

ViciDial takes time to learn, and takes much longer to master -- but that's only because it's so powerful and has so many features. Some people remark that the interface is ugly or not user-friendly, but I disagree -- I prefer less bells & whistles & icons & emojis, prefer a thin interface with more functionality.

Vasile M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Professional Call Center software for free

We use Vicidial in our call center for over 8 years. Once you master it, it is a very powerful solution. It needs proper equipment and the right config skills, but once implemented correctly it brings only satisfaction. We cover 4 locations (all being remote to Vicidial servers) and ~200 agents. We are able to provide our customers almost all features available in the commercial suites and keep a competitive price. I totally recommend Vicidial for small and medium call centers for the flexibility, innovation, features and for being an open source solution. Thank you guys!

Pros

flexibility, features, open source, good support

Cons

sometimes prone to errors due to web/ajax only agent interface

Kevin H.

Reviewed on 15/03/2017

Greatest open source contact center software ever

Vicidial is the single most important piece of software we use in our call center. We have around 100 agents taking inbound calls and making outbound calls using Vicidial. We've been using Vicidial for over 5 years. The capabilities it provides us can't be found anywhere else in an open source package. The user community provides great support and help with getting off the ground. Our business wouldn't be nearly as productive without it.

Pros

Open source, php, mysql based.

Cons

Code base is a bit messy if you're going to mess with things yourself.

John M.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Reviewed on 27/05/2017

I spent money on predictive dialers; I should have installed Vicidial for free!

Where should I start? I never knew a software program could do the same job as expensive predictive dialers. I got the best predictive dialer on the planet now, and it cost me nothing. nada, null. it's unbelievable!

Pros

The web based software we used was called Vicidial. In February 2017 I stopped using the fronters, and started researching this "Vicidial" program. I assumed the guys in the PI had spent hundreds of thousands, like I did, on predictive dialers. When I learned that you could install Vicibox just like installed linux on a computer, and that it would do the job of a predictive dialer and that the program was free, I was astounded. Quality wise and feature wise Vicidial is 100 times better than the predictive dialers I paid thousands for, and Vicidial is free! I've had vicibox in production for a few months. First one server, then evolving into a cluster of a database, web, asterisk server. What would you like a dialer to do? Vicidial does it! Vicidial does everything you ever wanted in a predictive dialer. A true Godsend!