VICIdial Reviews

About VICIdial

VICIdial is an open-source, cloud-based contact center solution suitable for small to large call centers in a variety of industries. Key features include inbound and outbound calls, call routing, email integration, online chat...

4.8

Browse VICIdial Reviews

Juan Carlos
Juan Carlos
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

Amazing software for outbound calling

It's an inexpensive solution which allows complete management of any outbound campaign. It's fully customizable which makes it really appealing, you can have different campaigns and different strategies to call. If you don't have too much money to invest, this is your best choice.

Pros

I was looking for an inexpensive solution for a 400 seat call center and I ran into vicidial, it's very easy to use and you can tailor it to your company needs, it's also open source which allows you to add really helpful features. It has all you need for outbound, reporting, tools, dialer, user management, just the best.

Cons

I would say the installation, was a bit hard mainly on the telco side but that would be its only flaw.

Ryan

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

If you need a call center, Vici is there for you.

Pros

Free and open source program in active development and works, consistently. I've based my entire business on this software and it's working wonderfully.

Even the free version has an extremely active community, including the developers, that really want to help you get the system up and going. I have had better support experiences on the free Vicidial forum than I have on a service running.

Cons

Being free and open-source, i suppose i can't complain too much. But the front-end/GUI could use an overhaul pretty bad. The interface looks like a mid-90s website. Granted behind that GUI is a rock-solid system, it would be nice to have something better to look at every day.

Gregorio
Gregorio
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 12/09/2022

Pretty good software to start a contact center!

Good software to start a contact center business, with ups and downs, weaknesses that affect growth and force you to move to other more complete software,

Pros

Really easy to implement and run, Light and open to be used in any operating system.

Cons

Reporting and analytics are too weak, They should be better to be able to have accurate data and work with the teams and obtain better performance.

Response from Vicidial Group

We recently added a new enhanced reporting module(VERM) with dozens of new comprehensive reports. It is free and included in the VICIdial software codebase, you just need to upgrade your system to get it.

Replied 01/11/2022

Top VICIdial Alternatives

Gregory
Gregory

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

ViciDial is our dialer of choice for good reason: it's incredibly powerful and is a great value

I've built a great business over the past few years, and ViciDial is the foundation of my business.

Pros

customer service is fantastic. there's rarely a wait for help, almost every time a human picks up the phone right away -- a very experienced and helpful human, at that! I've attended the in-person training at Vici HQ in Tampa and had a great time learning the ins and outs of the software, as well as meeting the very friendly and helpful staff. Love those guys!

Cons

ViciDial takes time to learn, and takes much longer to master -- but that's only because it's so powerful and has so many features. Some people remark that the interface is ugly or not user-friendly, but I disagree -- I prefer less bells & whistles & icons & emojis, prefer a thin interface with more functionality.

Carla
Carla
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 30/11/2019

Very good dialer system

In general, it works for your purpose, which is to generate a flow of outgoing calls and increase the efficiency of users.

Pros

This app is a very effective dialer for virtual or local call centers, it allows you to load the call list directly to the queue, and they will be assigned according to the campaign that each connected user has in their profile.

Cons

Probably one of the problems with this app is its interface, it is very rudimentary, it seems more a tool from when the internet started, and html was the only language to design web pages.
Another problem that it generates is with cookies, sometimes it does not connect since the browser is hung with previous cookies.

Response from Vicidial Group

Vicidial does not actually web use browser cookies, and it never has.

Replied 02/12/2019
Matthew
Matthew
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 17/11/2021

Review of the usage of VICIdial

I'm able to make separate IDs for all my virtual calling agents, and I'm able to track all their calls with time stamp as well as their call recordings, I'm also able to see the number of hours they were logged in and the whole activity during that time.

Pros

This is a superb software, I like the auto calling system as well and the manual dialing where I just have to upload the data file and keep dialing each number just with a click.

Cons

This software worked perfect for me, didn't give me trouble, so I don't have anything to mention here.

• Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

11 years in IT, six in team management, currently Director of IT at large insurance call center

Highly customizable and very reliable software, it just works!

Pros

We have requested and implemented numerous customizations to our ViCi system from routing, reports to the agent interface. The ViCi team is always available for support and general questions when I may need further insight regarding modules and settings.
The class in St. Petersburg is a must if you want to really know the system from an administrator's role and you will get to know the team that built the ViCidial system.

Cons

I wish the class was 5 days long and had more about the Asterisk system that ViCi uses. Other than that I have no issues with the ViCi software.

Maximo
Maximo
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 22/11/2018

Best open source dialer!

Call center with over 300 agents working very well.

Pros

Easy to understand and easy to use and follow, with linux as base OS you can edit the conf files as you wish. Very complete dialer for any needs. just a few steps and minutes for installation. The deployment is very fast. No time wasted. You can find forums online to solve any issue or the Vicidial support has a very higth response timing.

Cons

So far so good. no problem after all. Integrations with many CRM is a plus.

Zeyn
Zeyn

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

Excellent Software - Many Great Features

it assisted our business to go paperless, we are now fully automated and makes the business easier to manage.

Pros

The ability to manage blended call centers - leads analysis & reporting. i also like the ability to manage data efficiently

Cons

the setup of the menus could be more easily placed & every-time there's an upgrade it could be useful to change the look of the software

Luciano
Luciano

Reviewed on 28/04/2018

I've been working with VICIDial for 10 yeas. Hundreds of callcenters on current support.

Pros

VICIDial's biggest advantage isn't it's free, It's OPEN SOURCE. This software allows deep integration with 3rd party system while keep performance from small to large callcenters.

Cons

Every middle/big callcenter based on VICIDial should know that is mandatory to have specialized support from well trained person.

Burk

Reviewed on 16/03/2017

The Future of the Call Center Industry

VICIdial has, over years of constant and thoughtful development, established itself as the Microsoft Office equivalent of call centers. I see it everywhere.

A quick overview:

VICIdial lives on a server, and is displayed to your sales agents via their web browser. They run a small (usually free) soft phone on their computer with a headset, and when they log in to VICIdial, their soft phone rings, they answer the call, and begin their work.

A bit more detail:

Because the software suite is open source and free for anyone to download, use, and modify, I've seen (and personally created) customized solutions that do everything from accept orders from a 3-rd party sales website to literally delivering room service orders using robots (really!).

VICIdial scales from single servers with small call teams, to clusters of dozens of servers and hundreds of agents. If you're paying for a proprietary solution, you're probably doing it wrong.

I get calls from call center owners looking to switch to VICIdial constantly. Do yourself a favor and take a hard look at the VICIdial Call Center Suite.

Pros

VICIdial is free, open-source, and regularly updated by a dedicated core team of experienced software developers. It works very well, and when properly configured is extremely reliable and robust business software.

Cons

VICIdial has been in development for many years, adding many (many!) features which can overwhelm call center managers new to VICIdial.

William

Reviewed on 15/06/2016

The Only OpenSource Dialer that works and is well supported. Saved so much money!

We had a proprietary (dialogic based) PBX called Televantage and the Owner did not want to renew that (very expensive) lease. Although Televantage had an add-on for "dialer", the entire system was seriously expensive. Vicidial does not require proprietary hardware, although it is based on Asterisk and will use any compatible VOIP hardware. It is capable of running a small one or two person operation, mid-range 25-50 person Call Centers ... and ultimately can be "clustered" to manage virtually unlimited users. Although we've never gone over 150. LOL

Pros

Free. Easy to install with an .iso installer. Powerful. Expandable. Ongoing development. php/MySQL based so it can be integrated with almost anything. Easily transferred from server to server with a database backup/restore, an update script and possibly a couple configuration file changes.

Cons

Too Complex for some users (like Chess, it CAN be played by simple rules, but when you're in competition those rules suddenly don't seem so simple, LOL). Not pretty. The interface is only for employees, but it has so many layers that upgrading the visual interface is ... unlikely. Will not run in a virtualized environment for more than 1 or 2 users, you can only use Virtualization for testing/development purposes.

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

Very stable and active platform

Pros

Stable: I've been a VICIdial admin for a seven server cluster for about four years now. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself - but zero days of down time in that entire time frame. If I had to sum up ANY downtime in hours, I'd ballpark less than 30 MINUTES per month TOTAL (95% floor manager/agent) errors (SQL typo, running lists empty, bad listmix status choice). This is a small operation, 20-40 agents, blend of inbound/outbound, 150,000 calls/day, running 5-6 days per week, 8hrs per day.

Cons

I've had to think on this section for quite a while. Very hard to fault a free and open platform, what can you expect for free?? If you're willing to sit down, read and learn, it's a great platform, community and product. Maybe the paid manuals could be updated more frequently - even a stretch to be a con... It would be nice if there was a newbie section for an admin with no *nix skillset, trying to think of what would make starting out a little easier for some. Then again, if you can't google and figure out 98% of the stuff yourself, probably chose the wrong job.

Roland

Reviewed on 04/04/2019

Free open source Callcenter software

I have used this product for over than 7 years and have been recommending it to several customers. I have deployed it for telecom service providers, NGOs and others in developing countries and the value for the free cost charged is absolutely incredible. It an do almost everything needed for a call center after a basic configuration. To get more advanced stuff you need so good understanding of IP Telephony and call center call flow, inboudn and outbound call, campaigns, leads....

Cost of support is reasonable for the expertize and to make sure vicidial as a company remains sustainable. I strongly recommend this product to any SME trying to establish basic or advanced call center fonction without spending much on hardware or software.

Pros

It is free, scalable, easy to install. For a free software and for all the features offers in it, it is worth trying. The product is highly scalable and can handle a high volume of call. Expertise is however required to administer it and some support token should be purchased in case some issues are harder to fix by the in-house support team. If the callcenter has a reliable and good internet connection and that there are no security issues exposing it to the internet, going for a hosted turnkey vicidial solution would be the best approach.

Cons

Configuration is not that straight forward. Need to be a quite advanced IP Telephony tech to make it work.

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

VICIdial Call Centre Software, the foundation of Hostcomms hosted call centre service

Small and medium sized businesses often don't have the capital to invest in expensive call centre infrastructure. VICIdial rarely loses out on functionality and so is the perfect solution in this scenario. If set up correctly it is very reliable and on the rare occasion that Hostcomm is unable to get to the bottom of an issue, our back to back support arrangement with VICIdial provides us with the reassurance we need to offer a VICIdial based service with a solid service level agreement.

Pros

Whilst packed with functionality it remains pretty intuitive, features are constantly being added on both the inbound and outbound side and of course there are no licensing cost implications.

Cons

We've been offering VICIdial based services since around 2010. The only objections we occasionally receive are its appearance, there are prettier call centre applications available. That said, the skin is customisable to a degree, certainly to enough of an extent to overcome most of these objections.

Amy

Reviewed on 20/04/2020

Love ViciDial

Experience has been quite good

Pros

ViciDial provided for us, the flexibility to house as many users as we needed by paying per server as opposed to having to pay "per user" -- Also, the ability to have one "set" of caller IDs that I can easily switch out as needed, has been a God-send. Our other service allowed us only one caller ID or, if they allowed others, it was a big technical issue to implement with new costs. ViciDial seems to have everything we need, because if ever need it to do something, we look in the manual and it's THERE -- the functionality is endless..

Cons

So much to learn, that it can be daunting, yet the same fact is why we love the system as well... If there was a streamlined training scenario, that would be great....

• Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 15/03/2017

Best Predictive Dialer on the Market!!!

We had previously used a closed source predictive dialing platform and were getting tired of being nickel and dimed every time we added users or additional lines. The software was also lacking many features. I would be embarrassed to tell you what we paid for the system. This experience led us to shop for a new platform and that is when we came across Vicidial. I am so happy we found them! The fact that it was open source and essentially free made it an easy switch from a financial standpoint. After downloading the manuals and we were able to install a server using their Vicibox installer package. We needed a little help with some advanced configuration so we purchased some support hours from the Vicidial Group and they logged in remotely and got us squared away in a flash. That was about 7 years ago and with each new version the software gets more robust and feature rich. Over the years I have recommended Vicidial to numerous colleagues and have never been burnt. If you need a predictive dialer I would highly recommend Vicidial.

Miguel Angel
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 28/05/2018

Vicidial profject is a very complete, mature and full of features software. I greatly...

I helped me make my SIP services business.

Pros

It uses all the open-source standards into one powerful system. It uses mysql, asterisk, apache, etc. It has everything a call center might need and more. It has so many features that I've never used them all. Outbound, Inbound and blended campaigns. Web forms, time tracking and more. I have been using this software ever since I tried it for the first time. And its now my default choice when a client comes to me asking for a call center software.

Cons

It's not user friendly or intuitive. It's normal to get lost in the beginning. There's so many options that can get overwhelming at times. But with a some patients and a little try and error it gets easier. I highly recommend reading the manual. It's very complete.

Hylton

Reviewed on 16/03/2017

Best Free Dialer for Contact Centres - VICIdial

We are a 50, 80 seat call centre and have been using VICIdial for over 5 years. It works perfectly for manual and predictive outbound calling as well as inbound calls. It's quite remarkable that it is a free software suite, as it works just as well if not better than most paid solutions.

The dialer is full of features and easy to configure.

The support forum is great for any assistance required with most queries being answered by the developers personally.

The software has great reporting capabilities, however, I feel it lacks a few reports that I believe would be useful.

I would recommend the software to any call centre as it is free, very reliable and easy to use.

Thanks to the developers for designing such an awesome piece of software!

Pros

It's free, feature rich and easy to configure. Very reliable dialer.

Cons

It lacks a few reports that would be useful for our business.

EL Meleza

Reviewed on 02/09/2021

Fast and Easy Dialer

Over all the dialer can react a good impact for the call center of mine. My agents doesn't having a hard time to used. Its not time consuming other than dialer in the market nowadays

Pros

Easy to used and not time consuming. You can switched from auto dial to manual dial and not time consuming for my call center agents. User manual is good and covers everything that a center must know and the best of it is most of all, It's FREE

Cons

List listing, user listing, Phone listing, add search functionality and other items that tends to go long. Sometimes you cant hear anything if you don't properly install the settings and sometimes the agents can be kicked out in the dialer

Jerry

Way Ahead Of the Pack!

I've worked with most dialers over the last 20 years, and Vicidial is the supreme OpenSource dialer available. The underlying Asterisk 11 has been tuned to Vicidial so reliability is off the charts compared to other Asterisk based systems. The built-in agent interface is very flexible and allows you use your own custom fields in the scripts. The Vicidial API gives you the ability to create your own Agent interface exactly the way you want it. Paid support is available from multiple sources, so you are never stuck without help. The Vicidial forums are very active and often get answers to you within minutes. IMHO, you either use Vicidial in your contact center or you are paying far too much for far too little.

Pros

The amazingly rich array of features.

Cons

Figuring out how to use the amazingly rich array of features.

Renrick
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Best Free Open Source Contact Center Software I have used

I have seen vicicial on forums before but didn't think much about it until I was introduced to vicidial by someone from Pakistan. Without any prior knowledge I was able to follow the install instruction provided online to install and configure the vicidial single server system. I have also used the hosted platform which I was also pretty impressed with. I am very much impressed with the vicidial platform, the feature rich modules that's included with an open source product that is totally free. I have over 3+ years using the vicidial product. The admin and agent manual are also great compliment for anyone wanting to learn how to use the system. I will recommend this to anyone with small, medium or even a large center as there is support available and the creators of this product can hold your hand and assist you if you are willing to pay for commercial support. Great product.

Pros

I love the agent interface and how easy it is to configure vicidial from the web interface. I also love the fact that you can monitor your audit log and determine which user made changes to the system. I am comparing vicidial to elastix with call center module installed. Vicidial is way above.

Cons

The reporting can be improved. Some of the reporting is text or html base and should be csv or excel. Also the scripting engine can be improved especially for capturing information from customers. The documentation for clustering is not all complete. I wanted to try the clustering but realize that the instructions for setting up clustering was not all there.

Ignacio

Reviewed on 28/05/2020

the best callcenter software created so far

I solve for my clients the needs they have to be able to market to all their clients and attract new clients
I give them IVR, Broadcasting campaigns and outound and inbound campaings as I tell you this software complements you completely in the needs of telemarketing
I LOVE IT !!!!! AAAA+

Pros

I love how easy it is to handle, the exceptional support provided by the vicidial team,
they are like a big family they are always there for you
it is the best tool for any call center or telemarketing company

Cons

so far I have no complaints everything I have needed I have found it in this software

PHILIP
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 20/04/2020

Great product!

Killer product. Great managers manual, great forum info.

Pros

so many features! a lot to learn, but it does anything you might ask for. Can change settings to literally make it do just about anything you want it to do.

Cons

The features are awesome. I can't say that there is anything that I don't like about the software. If you are the install person and setting up from scratch, there's a lot to personalize, but it just takes time and gets easier over time.

Avinash

Reviewed on 01/04/2017

Simple Design, Awesome Features, almost everything a blended cal centre would ask for.

Been using it for more than 3+ years now. For multiple call centres with varied sizes and requirements, The agents learning curve is most easy, compared to administrator or campaign manager. Lacks some reports, which can be generated manually by exporting data. The best part is community and support with mattf responding to majority of relevant queries.

Pros

1. Open Source
2. Community
3. No bloatware with some features free for trial and the get subscribed for actually relevant features.

Cons

1. Lack of some reports
2. out of the box security (sysadmins can harden it to the core, but for average user)
3. HTML5 & CSS3 theme support at least for agent interface.