About Lavu POS

Lavu is a Point of Sale solution designed for use by restaurants, bars, and nightclubs - from full-service, quick-service, and franchise restaurants, to food trucks, coffee shops, and lounges. Users can choose between bar,...

4.1
4.1

Browse Lavu POS Reviews

Gladys
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 08/07/2022

Love Lavu and the team !

My experience with Lavu is second to none insofar as POS systems. We love this system and look forward to seeing the new implementation once released in November.

Pros

This software continues to grow with the customer demands. We seem to never be outdated or lacking. The servers have an ease of use on the floor with the iPads at table side. We love the software so much so that we will be implementing it at two other facilities.

Cons

There are cons to each software but there is not a dealbreaker for us with this software. It continues to grow and with that growth sometimes there seems to be the older than time conflict between tech and accounting due to reports however, the Lavu team are able to populate these reports in a timely manner. We have gotten everything we need from this program to meet the consumer demand of our growing winery.

Reasons for Switching to Lavu POS

The service team was extremely helpful in designing the system to meet our needs. Ironically we are more busy than we ever have been and this software and the tech team have been amazing in helping us realize the potential of what we can do with this software and realize efficiency through growth. We are happy to have made this decision.

Response from Lavu

Hi Gladys, thanks for your feedback. We appreciate hearing firsthand from our customers, and it really helps to hear what works so great and what can be improved upon. We appreciate your business and we thank you for being a loyal Lavu customer!

• Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 17/07/2020

Former Lavu User

Overall, for the two years the system was satisfacotry. Until recenlty it was for the current management at the restaurant. The dealer is helpful - he is our first line of tech support before we go to KLAvu for support.

Pros

I liked using Lavu because it was the first POS for the restaurant where I worked. While I was employed there I used the system for 2 years. The set up was easy as the dealer came to the restaurant and set it up and did a one day training for the staff.

Cons

They system seems to have alot of glitches. Recently, the restaurant reported to me that they had a glitch and lost printers. Tech support finally helped and got the printers up but somehow lost half the menu. Also, I have witnessed personally that the sales tax is charging out properly.

Reasons for Choosing Lavu POS

We needed better reporting and labor tracking.

Reasons for Switching to Lavu POS

The fees and support were better by Lavu at the time.

Response from Lavu

Hello and thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback and we are happy that Lavu worked so well for your business.

Replied 07/07/2022
Guy
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 23/10/2020

Stay Away!

I purchased a complete system from LAVU on April 2019 with the intent to upgrade my existing POS from CAKE which served me well the first 4 years of running my restaurant, but being somewhat of a basic system I started feeling like it was holding me back. LAVU was running a 50% off on hardware so I called and spoke to a salesperson. Let me tell you, I wish I had recorded the conversations, as there was very little in common between what was verbally promised and what was actually delivered, VERY LITTLE! Typical sales tactics, they put extreme pressure on you to sign up (do it in the next 6 hours or the promotion expires), give you practically no time to read the fine print, and all of a sudden you find yourself in a 3 years contract with ridicules early termination penalties and a service provider that is incapable of delivering half of what was promised. They count on you not having the time or resources to take them to court. Last remaining hardware piece originally promised arrived 5 months later! Thank god I kept my CAKE system going or I would have gone out of business. Their customer service is of the lowest level you would ever see, especially from an IT company, they provide practically no solutions to issues or a very vague future fix, and their system keeps crashing leaving you with no ability to run your business mid-day and with no warning, time after time. They send you system-wide emails apologizing saying their system was hacked and therefore the interruption i

Pros

There are no Pros, this is an awful system and the worst customer service / sales team in the industry

Cons

Be very careful when they offer you interest free financing for the hardware, that's how they trick you into paying the software fee for 3 years in advance with NO way out

Reasons for Choosing Lavu POS

Was looking for a more robust system

Reasons for Switching to Lavu POS

Their sales people promise the world and then some. You find out way too late they can't deliver.

Response from Lavu

Hi Guy, thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate hearing how Lavu worked for your business, and what can be improved.

Top Lavu POS Alternatives

BPA Restaurant Professional

Cindi

Reviewed on 28/10/2022

My experience with Lavu

I have been very satisfied with this company.

Pros

The ease of navigating through all the different functions available.

Cons

I really haven’t found anything that I have felt is worth complaining about or suggesting changes.

Response from Lavu

Hi Cindi,

Thanks so much for reaching out and taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. The Lavu team really appreciates hearing about your experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions.

Replied 04/11/2022

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

Great inventory and POS software

Great inventory and POS software. Ease of use and easy to teach employees to use.

Pros

Ability to have multiple locations. Ability to make inventory items easily. Ability to use an iPad for inventory counts.

Cons

Have to manually bath credit cards at end of day.

Response from Lavu

Hi Michael, thanks so much for your review! We're very happy that Lavu helped your multiple locations streamline operations. We appreciate your business!

Replied 07/07/2022
Angel

Reviewed on 16/02/2022

Excellent POS for beginners

Pros

Is an easy to use, easy to program POS system. We use it from the beginning of our opening. Easy to use for employees and low cost for owners.

Cons

Probably make improvement on the schedule part to be more robust.

Avaya UCaaS, Clover and Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to Lavu POS

Prices, and easy use and opportunity to grow

Response from Lavu

Hi Angel, thank you for your feedback! We are always trying to improve our POS system, and scheduling is on that list!

Philip

Reviewed on 03/03/2022

New User Review

Overall, we have great support. all specialists are knowledgeable and helpful to resolve any issues, questions or concerns that come up.

Pros

Ease of use is important to a beginner in the field.

Cons

Backend layout is a bit clunky, too many drop down and making groups and stuff is a bit of a pain. Also when saving sometimes it seems to not save.

Linga rOS System

Reasons for Switching to Lavu POS

Easier platform that Linga and pricing was better. also online ordering w/doordash integration with lavu was a must and they offered it but with much higher fees.

Response from Lavu

Hey Philip, thank you for your feedback! We're happy that you are satisfied with Lavu and our customer support team!

Replied 04/03/2022
Mia

Reviewed on 12/08/2022

Seafood restaurant

Lavu has made it much easier for our restaurant to handle the influx of customers during the summer months

Pros

Used Lavu as our Point of Sale for years, I really like how easy it was to use and how portable the iPads are. Simple setup, we got it done ourselves in a few hours. Support team always there if we need it.

Cons

If wifi is flaky, system slows done, especially in busy times

Response from Lavu

Hi Mia, thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear how well Lavu has worked for your restaurant and staff. Please reach out if you have any questions!

Replied 17/08/2022
patty

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

Great on-line ordering system for Breakfast/Lunch restaurant

We are happy with Menudrive, the cost is acceptable and we like how our staff doesn't need to answer the phone to get the order. Our diner is loud and it's hard to hear the order, get the payment info, delivery address etc. Plus they often want to know their total price. Menudrive allows them to easily place their order & pay for their order - without taking up staff time. We wish all of our take out and delivery orders would be via Menudrive.

Pros

Menudrive is easy to program; took some time but our menu is large and we being a breakfast diner we had many options for customers ie: how do they want their eggs cooked, meat type, bread type, etc. Menudrive allows an unlimited amount of items & required info

Cons

when entering items it was redundant having to enter the time available (if it wasn't an all day availability). Lots of key strokes but once it's done, it's done.

Response from Lavu

Hi Patty, thank you for your feedback! We love to hear from our MenuDrive customers, and how the product can help out businesses like yours!

Replied 16/06/2022

Reviewed on 21/08/2018

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

But wait there's more! How about the fact that the kitchen printer prints two checks, that no one can seem to fix. Not only does it waste an enormous amount of paper but it is confusing as the checks are not identical and it blows through a ribbon in 3 or four days!
Occasionally it will resend an order back yo the kitchen that has already been made, etc...
The is no individual item printer assignment either which means that you have to send an entire category instead of just one item to a screen or printer.

Pros

The iPhone app. Really nothing else, really.

Cons

WOW! Where do I begin? Should I start with how they outright lied to me to make the sale? How about sending a completely incompetent tech support personnel company to help me with my network? Maybe I should start with the fact that they billed me today for Quickbooks integration that I DON'T EVEN HAVE!
Let's start with the outright misrepresentation of their product. I specifically asked if they had online ordering and I was told yes we do. After I had purchased the system and went to set it up I asked "Well how do I set up the credit card integration for the online ordering?" Then I was told "Oh we have online ordering but we don't have online payment" WHAT!!? This is 2017 not 1999 what do you mean you don't have online payment? "We had a problem with it and had to take it off line, we should have it back up by Nov."
Well today is 08-21-2018 and guess what I still don't have? You got it - online payment.

Response from Lavu

Hi John,
We are very sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. I will have someone from our care team look into this and get back to you as soon as possible.

Agostino

Reviewed on 10/02/2022

My Pos Lavu

I’ve been using Pos Lavu for over 10 years, so I’d say it’s been great.

Pros

I love the ease of use and customization

Cons

Just common glitches that happen from time to time

Response from Lavu

Hi Agostino, thank you for being a loyal Lavu customer for over a decade! That's amazing to hear! We appreciate your business and do not hesitate to reach out with any issues.

Replied 11/02/2022
Bernadette

Reviewed on 23/02/2022

LAVU support request

Fair learning curve

Pros

iPad capability, informative and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is deeply appreciated

Cons

One location at a time we have to input only one location at a time this is frustrating

Revel Systems

Ipad

Response from Lavu

Hi Bernadette! Thank you for your feedback, and for being a Lavu customer for so long!

Replied 01/03/2022
Monique

Reviewed on 14/03/2022

Hungry Eyes

Pros

Easy to set up and use. Love it! Would recommend

Cons

The inventory part it needs to be changed and or updated

Clover and Toast POS

Easier and customer service

Response from Lavu

Hi Monique, thank you for your feedback! We really appreciate hearing how much you like Lavu!

Replied 21/03/2022
SEAN

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

As good as any "Industry Standard"

We used this in a tequila bar that I was a bar manager at. We were very high volume so we needed a good POS system that never crashed, and operated quickly to minimize waiting on the system to perform functions. I think in that regard this is a great system and I would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Better price point
Very intuitive and easy to pick up user-interface
Speedy screen operations, no waiting for screens to load
If you have experience with other POS systems this one will be very easy to get started with
Great team behind it
Easy to add new items to menu (you dont have to be an expert to fulfil managerial roles on the system)

Cons

There is not much that I can say against LAVU. As far as Point of Sale Systems it is just as good as any of the big dog's systems but with an affordable price point. I never had an issue with the system in my year of using it.

Response from Lavu

Hi Sean,
Thank you for your review. We're so glad to hear Lavu is working well for you and your team! Don't hesitate to call us at 855-767-5288 if you have any questions.
The Lavu Team

Russell

Reviewed on 15/06/2017

Online all inclusive restaurant POS

There is an open ended API for other application integration, but we are not savvy enough to do this ourselves. It would be great if there were more companies and different aspects of integration on the back end for more high end analytics and functionality. (IE: Quickbooks, Simple Order, Etc.).

Pros

Very versatile and easy to use. Easy to make modifications and adjustments within the system and customize to our specific operation.

Cons

Sometimes connection of iPads can be a little shotty as it goes for the order takers communicating with LAVU KDS, and it has been hard to get the problem fully resolved, but it only creates a mild irritant and not a full distraction from the overall business.

Response from Lavu

Hi Russell, thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate hearing how much Lavu is working for your restaurant. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

Jeffrey

Reviewed on 17/06/2016

To the team at POS LAVU, Just wanted to thank you guys so much for listening to some of our concerns over the years about upgrades to your systems. When we came on board with you guys we were somewhat hesitant to your system. After we made the change we feel as if we all have grown together. We would like to personally say thank you for the time and effort you have put into your growth and we expect to be with you for many many more years. And by the way we now have 3 restaurants with your system and are looking to upgrade two more...Again thank you from all of us at the Pugliese Group...

Response from Lavu

Hi Jeffrey, thank you so much for being a loyal Lavu customer! We appreciate your business, and we are happy that we could update and improve some features that your business needed specifically.

Steven

Reviewed on 19/07/2016

Nice Job Lavu

I have a pretty big place, with a long wine and cocktail list, but this handled all of our menu, and getting running was fast with one of the distributors we found in our area. We switched from an older POS after our contract ran out, and this seemed like the new, efficient thing to try out. It was a quick install, and way less than what I paid before. I miss some of the inventory ordering and employee scheduling my old system had, but this makes up for it in other ways. My servers picked it up right away, almost no training needed

Response from Lavu

Hi Steven, thank you for your review! We love to hear that Lavu has worked so well for your restaurant. We're especially happy that Lavu was a better pricing point with more customizable features than your previous POS.

Wes

Reviewed on 27/11/2017

STAY AWAY

Pros

The interface is user friendly, and tickets get sent to kitchen without many problems. But we could do this with paper

Cons

Everything else! Whenever we have a issue they send it to the "developmental team" also known as the black hole. When we signed up they said "offline processing was in the works" that was 2 years ago. Reports are literally ALWAYS wrong. If you look at sales on two different reports they never are the same. For a span of about three months they miscalculated sales tax, having us over pay hundreds of dollars! For a long time they randomly doubled numbers on server reports, and now there is a random .50 added to numbers on servers reports. I have a tax background an I informed them the liability they were putting on us and our servers by misreporting so they showed me on the IRS website where they were right, THEY SET UP THERE SYSTEM BASED OFF THE WRONG PART OF THE IRS CODE. Not to mention that it randomly opens tickets from all different times that we have to re-close and I'm not sure we get paid for them or not. When we call customer support they are really nice, but our issues always get sent to the "Developmental Team" to never be heard about again!

Response from Lavu

Hi Wes, we are sorry to hear that your experience Lavu was less than perfect. We are constantly working to improve our product and fix bugs as fast as possible. We encourage you to reach out to our customer support team for any other questions.

Reviewed on 07/03/2022

Happy Customer!

Pros

I like the ease of which the system is set up, its very user friendly. Even for people who struggle with this new technology.

Cons

I kind of liked the old set up, it was less complicated. The new updated version is good, but it makes you have to add unnecessary steps. Which sometimes adds to unneeded stress, especially when its busy.

Response from Lavu

Hi Mark, thanks for letting us know how satisfied you are with Lavu! We are always looking for feedback so it's great to hear how happy you are!

Replied 14/03/2022
Gonzalo

Reviewed on 15/02/2022

Casa Mex

Pros

Send orders From table, and being able to not use a paper printer we use a kitchen display really helpful

Cons

When there’s a big table with several tickets how to put everything in one ticket and send it

Response from Lavu

Hi Gonzalo, thank you for reaching out with your feedback! We really appreciate it! If your servers need help combining tickets - please reach out to customer service and we are happy to help!

Rebecca

Reviewed on 01/12/2017

Jessica Schell is TREMENDOUSLY helpful and knowledgeable!

Pros

Ease of use. New employees can figure things out quite easily.
Integrates smoothly with Vantiv (Mercury) including their gift program.

Cons

Until just this week, I would have said that the inability to take EMV, Apple Pay, etc. through our current merchant processor was my biggest challenge.
Thankfully for the support staff, I was able to purchase the equipment necessary and will be up and running with our new terminal and it's new features soon!

Response from Lavu

Hi Rebecca, thanks for your feedback! We're really happy that customer support could help get you a new reader that meets your payment needs.

Brian

Reviewed on 15/03/2022

Owner

I will keep selling it

Pros

Simplicity of use for merchants and staff.
Well thought out and simple to manage the system

Cons

Offline payments not available. Would like to see a per device add on option rather then in bulk

Response from Lavu

Hey Brian, thank you for letting us know how much you like Lavu! We appreciate your business!

Replied 16/03/2022
Simone

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

Lavu Software

Lavu is a simple tool, easy to use and to train people. There are so many functions I have not used yet but plan to in the future.

Pros

Ease of use. Powerful functions for the business.

Cons

Have not found anything yet that I don’t like.

Response from Lavu

Hi Simone, thank you for your feedback! We're happy that Lavu is a great tool for you!

Brian
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 21/03/2022

A lot easier to keep track of our repeat bowling banquets

Pros

Easy to set up menu items on the backend with immediate results

Cons

There are a lot of steps to checkout a simple bottle of beer.

Response from Lavu

Hi Brian, thank you for your feedback on us! We really appreciate it - and we are happy you like Lavu!

Replied 23/03/2022
Antony

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

Lavu Review BFW

Pros

LTG - has bugs but best feature. Needs tweaking and bug fixes

Cons

REPORTING. Confusing and not robust. The

Response from Lavu

Hi Antony, thank you for your feedback! We really appreciate knowing what works and what doesn't work for our customers, so we can constantly improve the product.

Replied 24/06/2022