Lavu POS Reviews

About Lavu POS

Lavu is a Point of Sale solution designed for use by restaurants, bars, and nightclubs - from full-service, quick-service, and franchise restaurants, to food trucks, coffee shops, and lounges. Users can choose between bar,...

4.1

Browse Lavu POS Reviews

Joe

Reviewed on 04/12/2023

WE LOVE YOU LAVU!

Pros

Wow! What a great experience switching to Lavu. After an eight year relationship with Toast we have upgraded to Lavu. As a very busy restaurant and bar we were nervous to make such a big change, especially in the beginning of "our season." We can't say enough wonderful things about our experience with Lavu and their incredible support staff. We got to spend the week with [sensitive content hidden]
and they confidently and patiently have trained our entire staff. It has been so helpful to have such a hands on experience. Every single question, request, and concern has been handled immediately. The hardware and network are state of the art. Everything works seamlessly without a glitch. Lavu is extremely efficient. We couldn't be happier with the onboarding experience and all the support from [sensitive content hidden]

Cons

Since we have to say something here, we don't like that they outsource the KDS screens and networking. But they make up for it for sure so it's really not an issue.

Reasons for Choosing Lavu POS

We had absolutely no support and have had major invoicing issues over the past few years that they've never been able to resolve.

Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to Lavu POS

Support, cost, functionality, efficiency.

Response from Lavu

Hi Joe, thank you so much for sharing and the wonderful testimonial. We are so happy that everything went smoothly and you have enjoyed your experience with Lavu! As always, if you need anything please let us know.

Replied 06/12/2023
Jessica

Reviewed on 10/06/2023

Great system for us!

We had been using a regional POS system for years, and struggling not only with features, but also with reports, analytics, and their customer support. Lavu has stepped in to improve, full the gaps, and take the lead for us in terms of setup and deployment.

Pros

We're a small restaurant operating outside the US, and Lavu is a great option for us. Easy to use, with lots of customer support in setting up and deploying the system in multiple langauges!

Cons

So far, we have no complaints and are really satisfied with the system and the support.

Reasons for Choosing Lavu POS

We not satisfied with the capabilities of the former system, and were not feeling proactive support from the company.

FoodZaps

Reasons for Switching to Lavu POS

Lavu's price point was better for us, especially since the payment processing functions are not available in our country -- the other companies didn't offer any price adjustment for this. Also, Lavu is made for restaurants specifically, and offers integrated inventory management as well as add-on accounting integration. As a package Lavu is the best for us.

Response from Lavu

Hi Jessica! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review. We are so glad to hear that you are happy with Lavu!

Replied 12/06/2023
Tr

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

Do not trust Lavu with payment information

My longer story is under BF on the BBB website. [sensitive content hidden]
But essentially, after a miserable year of trying to get Lavu to stop incorrectly and excessively charging my credit card. I switched away with a zero balance. Then this morning, a year and a half later, got a new bill for $188 which the customer service representative refused to cancel. When will they stop?

Pros

For a short term, I saved money on processing with Lavu/PayPal over when Square increased their rate, until Lavu started randomly charging amounts to my credit cards.

Cons

Relentless billing issues. New charges without disclosure or agreement. Absolutely incompetent customer service. Less functional product than other POS.

Response from Lavu

Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you faced regarding the incorrect billing. We understand how frustrating such situations can be, and we're truly sorry for any stress this may have caused.
We're glad to hear that we were able to resolve the issue promptly and that you were not charged for the bill.
Our team is committed to providing top-notch service and ensuring our customers' satisfaction, and we regret that we fell short of your expectations.
We truly appreciate your understanding and patience throughout this process. Should you have any further concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly. We would be more than happy to assist you in any way we can.

Replied 28/08/2023

Top Lavu POS Alternatives

Greg

Reviewed on 26/12/2023

24/7 support great!, credit card issues, and modifier limits.

Pros

24/7 support, ease of adding and modifying menu items.

Cons

Had issues with the credit card machine, as it doesn't exit sleep mode efficiently, and completely bugged out and had to spend nearly an hour on the phone with support. However 24/7 support is a bonus.
modifier groups could be better set up so that option modifiers can be grouped, instead of having to be put into forced modifiers.

CAKE POS, TouchBistro and Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to Lavu POS

Price of hardware and service. it had all the devices I needed in one system as well as time clock capability which will eventually be used when we expand to hire new employees.

Response from Lavu

Hi Greg, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Lavu. We are happy to hear that our support team was able to assist you. Thank you for the suggestions as we love to hear feedback from our customers. We have forwarded your suggestions along to our team, thank you again!

Replied 02/01/2024
Allen

Reviewed on 17/07/2023

New, old, new!

So good so far.

Pros

We've been in business since 2018 and we have used 4 different POS and spoken with many other people who what us to become their POS customer. [sensitive content hidden] was very good and following up and that was why we chose to give Lavu a try. We are looking forward to our new loyal customers program the POS has and a few other perks. All in the all, if we great and have a company be so forwarding thinking and honest.

Cons

Well the worst part of about any POS is the onboarding but that is what it is.

Square Payments and Toast POS

Reasons for Choosing Lavu POS

They were bough and the POS was being shut down.

Go Local Go Smart POS

Reasons for Switching to Lavu POS

Affordable and referring by another company person I trust.

Response from Lavu

Hi Allen, thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu. We are glad to hear that you are happy and so far everything has been good!

Replied 18/07/2023
malou

Reviewed on 12/07/2023

Lavu POS is helping us to simplify operations, save lotsoftime, n make our backboneproces...

Our business works better and is more transparent, we get more accurate pictures and we are able to work on items that will bring sales more easily.

Pros

We tried other POS systems but customizing was expensive and they didn't work as we wanted them to. Lavu system multi purpose-built with the features and reporting were right on and we were able to merge it to our own easily and they work great.

Cons

So far anything we have ran across we have been able to solve rather easily and smoothly. We haven't encountered a true negative.

POS Nation for Retail and Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to Lavu POS

Easy to operate, smooth transition, pretty much plug and play with less cost.

Response from Lavu

Hi Malou, thank you for sharing! We are so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your experience so far and everything is going well. It is great to hear that your business has been working better and is more transparent!

Replied 13/07/2023
Jimmy

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Re-start 2.0

Very good to finally resolve and get the refund on accounts as promised

Pros

Familiarity and previous experience working with Lavu

Cons

Length of time to resolve issues associated with account

Square Payments

Continue relationship 12 years and will continue to to grow

Response from Lavu

Hi Jimmy, thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu. We are glad to hear that you have been a loyal Lavu partner and that everything has been resolved. As always, please reach out if you need anything.

Replied 13/02/2024
Demetrius

Reviewed on 23/01/2024

Lavu is great for Medium to Large Restaurants

Overall our experience with Lavu is great, the onboarding team made sure everything was set up correctly and functioning. The ease of use and flow of the system makes using Lavu a wonderful experience.

Pros

The best thing about Lavu is the inventory and pricing down to the ingredients.

Cons

Lavu still needs more available features and be more open to customizing.

Lightspeed Restaurant and TouchBistro

Reasons for Switching to Lavu POS

We chose Lavu over the others because of Lavu's OPEN API and Inventory down to the ingredient.

Response from Lavu

Hi Demetrius,
Thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu. We are glad to hear that your overall experience has been great. We appreciate the feedback of wanting more features. Our software is constantly being updated and we love to take our customer feedback into consideration!

Replied 24/01/2024

Reviewed on 21/08/2018

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

But wait there's more! How about the fact that the kitchen printer prints two checks, that no one can seem to fix. Not only does it waste an enormous amount of paper but it is confusing as the checks are not identical and it blows through a ribbon in 3 or four days!
Occasionally it will resend an order back yo the kitchen that has already been made, etc...
The is no individual item printer assignment either which means that you have to send an entire category instead of just one item to a screen or printer.

Pros

The iPhone app. Really nothing else, really.

Cons

WOW! Where do I begin? Should I start with how they outright lied to me to make the sale? How about sending a completely incompetent tech support personnel company to help me with my network? Maybe I should start with the fact that they billed me today for Quickbooks integration that I DON'T EVEN HAVE!
Let's start with the outright misrepresentation of their product. I specifically asked if they had online ordering and I was told yes we do. After I had purchased the system and went to set it up I asked "Well how do I set up the credit card integration for the online ordering?" Then I was told "Oh we have online ordering but we don't have online payment" WHAT!!? This is 2017 not 1999 what do you mean you don't have online payment? "We had a problem with it and had to take it off line, we should have it back up by Nov."
Well today is 08-21-2018 and guess what I still don't have? You got it - online payment.

Response from Lavu

Hi John,
We are very sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. I will have someone from our care team look into this and get back to you as soon as possible.

Tiffany
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 08/04/2024

Lavu POS - 801Treats, LLC

Pros

The acceptence of my small business and the customer service is great.

Cons

I have not used Lavu long enough to say I like a least.

Response from Lavu

Hi Tiffany, thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu!

Replied 15/04/2024
Brian

Reviewed on 09/05/2022

Good product, hard to find anything that compares.

Pretty good experience overall. Over the years we've had communication issues. There have been some price increases and fees snuck in that I wasn't happy about. I can usually read between the lines and see when they are doing things to attempt to make.. and they haven't always been the most upfront about it. I usually call them out on it and at times have had to email the[SENSITIVE CONTENT] about issues that weren't getting resolved. I will say he's immediately gotten on the issues each and every time I've email and gotten me taken care of. Years ago there were some pretty bad issues with the service going offline and we were totally down. This has gotten 1000% better since they switched to AWS hosting. We did have another several hour outage recently, but that's the first and only one in years.

Pros

Pretty easy to use, stable for the most part. We've been using the software for 7+ years I believe. Over time we've integrated and started using more and more of their products such as KDS and card processing. Recently restructured their pricing and we now get the same service for less!

Cons

At times, certain things could be easier. I don't think the pizza building is perfect and could still use work. This goes for both Lavu and MenuDrive. We make it work and they've made lots of improvements over the years with help from our input.

Response from Lavu

Hi Brian! First off, I'd like to thank you for your continued business, and for your feedback! We really appreciate your comments, and we are continuously improving our product to fit the needs of each customer.

Replied 11/05/2022
Stephanie

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Not really for Bars

We're a high volume craft beer bar. It can start tabs. It works for now. If the complaint list keeps growing, we'll have to switch. It works fine, but when it doesn't work, it totally halts service.

Pros

I guess it's easy to use, but it's kinda clunky. Programming is inconsistent across different devices. The speed is ok. It does what I need it to do, which the #1 reason I went with Lavu over Square was that you could start a bar tab with a preauthorization.

Cons

LAVU complaints

Should get Free set up support 1 month a year; if there is an update we should get free support
Quick serve shouldn't disappear
Can't Add a cc to an existing tab - currently deletes the new order
Needs Select and Repeat button
Needs Fewer approval buttons
Should Show change on screen
Should add auto grat to total tips
Can't Change auto grat, % or amount
On tip page, be able to enter tip or total, and show total.
Entered tips should disappear from screen - be able to filter list
On End of Day reports page, discounts and auto grat need to be included. Auto grats dont go to the business. Service charges do.
Auto grats need to show on payments page
Chip cards cant start tabs. Cant have 2 processors in lavu - chip card and swipe card types
Tip screen times out , and deletes entered tips

Response from Lavu

Hi Stephanie, thanks for your review. It's extremely helpful for us to hear how Lavu works for all restaurant types, including bars. We are constantly improving our product so that it runs seamlessly for every customer.

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 22/02/2023

[sensitive content hidden] is the best!!!

The best. [sensitive content hidden] is always there when i need the help, plus it has been a seamless transition

Pros

How simple the product is to use is why we choose lavu

Cons

the security settings are not detailed enough for modifying it to meet my needs better

Reasons for Choosing Lavu POS

I like how simple lavu is

Revel Systems

Response from Lavu

Hi John - thank you for your feedback, we love to hear it! We're so happy we could help your restaurant streamline operations.

Replied 10/04/2023
Jamison

Reviewed on 20/01/2022

Worst POS System Ever

Horrendous. Customer Service pressures retention on cancellations - then they fraudulently charge bank accounts after the fact. T Their CEO spams all account holders each week with cringe-worthy emails. Lavu is an embarrassment to the POS industry. LAVU is a shady company at best and a headache for any real restaurant at worst.

Pros

There are NO Pros for this POS. Never using the software is the best Pro out there.

Cons

After canceling the software - they kept charging our accounts for months. When confronted about the charges and after submitting confirming emails, they stated the charges were approved but offer no proof even though email confirmations from their own AR show the opposite. Customer Service might be the worst in the business. Told us they would return our call in 1 business day to rectify the situation and they finally replied 3 weeks later - Drained over $300 directly from our accounts. STAY AWAY

Response from Lavu

Hi Jamison, thank you for being a customer of Lavu for more than two years, but I am very sorry to hear how bad your experience was, especially towards the end of your use of us. I do apologize on behalf of the customer support team if you were not contacted in a timely manner, or communications were not clear. We would be happy to sort any remaining issues out, so please let us know if that is something you are interested in.

Replied 11/02/2022
Lok

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

It’s been like a love and hate relationship

Pros

It was nice and easy to get used to. The system was nice.

Cons

The WiFi would go offline sometimes for hours

Clover

Reasons for Choosing Lavu POS

My manager made the switch

SoftTouch

Response from Lavu

Hi Lok, thank you for your feedback! We're sorry that your restaurant's wifi has been having issues - it's always a nuisance when that happens. Please reach out if there is anything we can help with.

Replied 23/02/2022
Mia

Reviewed on 12/08/2022

Seafood restaurant

Lavu has made it much easier for our restaurant to handle the influx of customers during the summer months

Pros

Used Lavu as our Point of Sale for years, I really like how easy it was to use and how portable the iPads are. Simple setup, we got it done ourselves in a few hours. Support team always there if we need it.

Cons

If wifi is flaky, system slows done, especially in busy times

Response from Lavu

Hi Mia, thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear how well Lavu has worked for your restaurant and staff. Please reach out if you have any questions!

Replied 17/08/2022
Kahala

Reviewed on 05/02/2024

New customer for Lavu

Overall im pleasantly ok with the service. I did receive some back and forth on communication mishaps on what I was getting for going with Lavu. Other than that Im ok.

Pros

The ease of the customer service being able to add any options or changes I need on my POS system in real time. Also the fuctionality is pretty simple and easy to use.

Cons

Im noticing the system sometimes disconnects from the wifi, the POS cash terminal opens up when a customer is paying the entire order with a debit/credit card. Also sometime the cash resgister doesnt open on a cash transaction so we have had to use or register key to manually open the register.

PayPal, Square Payments, Clover and Toast POS

Response from Lavu

Hi Kahala, thank you for sharing your experience so far with Lavu. We apologize for any mishaps along the way, but hope that everything will be running smoothly from here! We are glad to hear that overall you are satisfied, if you ever are in need of anything please reach out to our 24/7 support team.

Replied 08/02/2024
Scott

Reviewed on 22/08/2022

Great customer service

Using Lavu has made it easier to do online ordering and takeout meals. Reports are much better than our last POS.

Pros

Easy to use and train staff on. Customer service is always nice and helpful, stays on the phone, and then follows up afterward. Like the control panel and reporting.

Cons

Price point - it can be more pricey than expected.

Response from Lavu

Hi Scott,

Thanks for letting us know how well Lavu has worked for your restaurant! It's great to hear from our customers about what they specifically love about Lavu. Please reach out if you need anything!

Replied 23/08/2022
Dennis

Reviewed on 28/09/2015

Saves us time and money, works great for us!

I started using Lavu Point of Sale about 2 years ago. Before switching to the system we were using paper tickets, I didn't realize how inefficient this really was until I made the switch to an electronic system. Not only are we now spending less time managing each order, accuracy has gone up, and my shrinkage has gone down. The kitchen is only allowed to make items that are rung into the system and print out which has help cut down on theft or giving items away. The biggest time savings is getting the customers checked out. Previously during our lunch rush we would have a line of people waiting to pay and leave, now we are able to handle them as they come up to the counter since everything is already totaled up in the system.

Another big help has been the ability to use iPods to take orders at the table. We usually have a rush after church on Sundays, sometimes a line at the door. Before my servers had to go to the table, take the order, then take the ticket back to the kitchen. Now my servers go to the table, take the order, hit send and it prints in the kitchen. Then they can go straight to the next table. Anything we can do to speed up the time it takes to turn a table is a plus.

The amount of features that have been added in the last couple years has been amazing, it's nice to see that they are actively working on the software. The biggest thing for us has been the addition of 'always offline mode'. You just use the system and the orders go to the cloud in the background. When we first got setup we had some issues with the internet which interfered with using the system. They offered us a local server option but I did not want to install more hardware. While my internet situation was much improved by switching from DSL to cable I always worried that my connection going out could be a possibility. With the new version (3.0.3) the system keeps working even if my internet connection were to go out.

The Lavu POS software has worked great for us and I highly recommend it.

Response from Lavu

Hi Dennis, thanks so much for your feedback. We're so happy that you chose to use Lavu for your restaurant, and that it is working well for your operations. Please reach out if you have any questions!

Judy

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

The Best POS System

I absolutely love the point of sale system. Helps to be able to take orders from customers and send the order to the kitchen from the table. Then you can move on to the next table. It is so easy to learn and use. I like that you can go into the backside of the program and check your sales for the day, your amount of hours that you worked for the week and also what your own statistics are for tables waited on, amount of food you sold and what the prices of everything are. It is so Awesome!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set up and it is self-explanatory. You can go into the backside of the program and checks your sales for the day, how many customers you yourself have waited on.

Cons

Not much about the software that I didn't like. Sometimes though I would have a hard time getting connected on my Ipad.

Response from Lavu

Hi Judy, thank you for your feedback! We love hearing how great Lavu is working for our customers! We're glad you like it.

Colleen

Reviewed on 16/06/2019

Alaska Businesses Beware

Feeling frustrated and unheard

Pros

I like the iPads to send tickets to the cook and track sales

Cons

After two years of using the POS system, they still have not corrected the payroll setting s for OT as per Alaska Law. It has been reported over and over again for 2 years, yet we continue to receive automated msgs that they are working to resolve the issue. If you own a business in Alaska, I can guarantee that you are paying too much in OT . If you are an Alaskan owner relying on a manager to trust your payroll settings you had better check this yourself.

Response from Lavu

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and we're sorry to hear that you're experiencing frustration. Your review has been shared with our product team to make sure they are aware of the ongoing issue. We value you as a customer and will do our best to resolve the problem. The Lavu Team.

Replied 27/06/2019
Bernadette

Reviewed on 23/02/2022

LAVU support request

Fair learning curve

Pros

iPad capability, informative and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is deeply appreciated

Cons

One location at a time we have to input only one location at a time this is frustrating

Ipad

Response from Lavu

Hi Bernadette! Thank you for your feedback, and for being a Lavu customer for so long!

Replied 01/03/2022
Heather

Reviewed on 05/01/2018

A good system but customer support is most often disappointing

Pros

Ease of use
Joshua Maestas from customer service was so incredibly helpful. He took time to listen to the complicated scenario we were trying to resolve. He followed up when and how he said he would. Most of the time our customer service experience is frustrating but he was truly a breath of fresh air.

Cons

Back end reporting; customer service. There are programming bugs and we continuously are told "development is working on it" but never saw any resolution. If it isn't a priority for you and not intended to be fixed then don't tell us it is being fixed.

Response from Lavu

Hi Heather, thanks for leaving us feedback. It's great to hear that Lavu is easy to use for your staff. We are constantly working to improve both the product and our customer support, which is now 24/7.

Oakie

Reviewed on 29/08/2023

Gets the job done!

As a business owner confident in presenting Lavu as a solution for their business, I have No concerns they can deliver a quality experience.

Pros

I can say I’ve tested the limits they will go to get the job done. After working with sales and tech support for 12 long hours the challenge was achieved. It was a very trying day but no one gave up until the job was done.

Cons

The payroll integration solution would help the value of the service.

Response from Lavu

Hi Oakie, thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu! We are so glad to hear that your expectations have been met and you have no concerns. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

Replied 31/08/2023
Joe

Reviewed on 01/03/2018

Great system, could use a few more basic features that many other systems use.

Pros

Love the ease of use. The customer service has been really good as of late. Would for the most part recommend to any business.

Cons

Need some better basic features:
-Option for end of day report to reconcile as if the credit card tips were given out as cash to the servers, as this is the process for most restaurants.

-Better tip reporting capability for employees. It would be great for it to ask for total tips to be asked when employee is clocking out. There are many reasons for this including tip out, tip pool etc.

Response from Lavu

Hi Joe. Thank you so much for the feedback. We're glad to hear Lavu is meeting your needs and will strive to keep improving to make your experience even better.