Google Docs Reviews

About Google Docs

Google Docs is a web-based document management application designed to help users create and edit documents in real-time. The platform allows employees to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, add comments and...

4.8

Browse Google Docs Reviews

28,120 of 28,121 reviews
Olga
Olga
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 29/08/2020

Great alternative to online blackboards and note-taking apps!

It is just "Oh my goodness!" Stupid simple and immensely inspiring! Useful. Helpful. Adorable.

Pros

User-friendly, flexible, responsive, customizable and overwhelmingly great!
Easy-to-use on Linux OS (my OS - Ubuntu Budgie 18.04.5 LTS (Bionic Beaver), I am a PC user).
I really like their multiple functions, such as: creating complex documents with tables, different splendid fonts, background colors, in bold and cursive fonts. Flexible and comfy using bullet points or ordered listing, page numbering, first-line indentation, interline spacing. Adjustable using hyperlinks and styles deleting. It is fast and easy to create, share and delete documents, modify them, download and save in .doc or .pdf. It is absolutely free, stable, secure and trustworthy service which is indispensable for e-learning, edutainment, studies, research work and online tutoring. Besides, you can use this spectacularly simple service as a note-taking app or even a draft of your blog or bullet journal! Whatever you want to type down: bucket list, to-do list, grocery list, motivation letter draft, CV or resume, it is always comfy, flexible and useful! Easy to use, easy to customize, easy to modify, save, download and delete! I have not mentioned other functions as inserting some files (pictures) or creating slides or optical character recognition, but I have never checked these functions, that's why I have described just common functionality which is pleasant and helpful for any task completion!
As I said: it is smart, simple and impressively good! I am really grateful that such a service exists.

Cons

Well, for some weird reason I cannot check for sure how OCR works there. Besides, my hardware is a little bit outdated, that's why something like "inserting pictures" might malfunction on my OS.

Tathagata
  • Industry: Computer Games

Best free Document editor

Pros

I like that it is free and is very simple to use.

Cons

The auto correct feature sometimes feels as a negative to me.

• Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Google Docs - It is what it is and it does pretty well, what it does

Amazing that we have such tools at our disposal. We can work on almost anything, from anywhere, and collaborate with anyone in the world. Obviously Google did not invent this concept but they are the #1, the go-to. Its really revolutionizing the way we all work together.

Pros

Just the simple fact that we live in such a time where geography doesn't make much difference at all when it comes to collaboration and teamwork, is amazing. I find myself being a big perfectionist in judging Google Docs negatively, instead of simply appreciating that we even have such technology.

Cons

The loss of cross functionality between versions of MS Office and Google, whether it's documents or spreadsheets. It is admittedly pretty great for what it is, but it still isn't standardized enough, in my opinion. Downloading a doc/sheet created using google, into Office, often ends in file corruption.

Top Google Docs Alternatives

Margaret

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

Google Docs in the HS

Pros

I love how easy it is to collaborate and share with my co-workers or students.

Cons

I would like to option to include talk to text that is easier to find.

Beatrice
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Google Docs review

Pros

The documents are easy to use and there is a brilliant library of templates to select from

Cons

It can sometimes be quite temperamental compared to Word

Soon Kit
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 24/03/2024

Default File sharing with most organisational network

Good. User interface for folder management can improve.

Pros

Easy to use and link with different users around the world.

Cons

IT may not work with some VPN / network.

Martin
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 11/02/2024

Brilliant!

Pros

The easiest system i have used by far!!!

Cons

This isnt really applicable as i cant fault it

Gabriel
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 13/03/2024

Google Docs Review

Very easy to use, great ecosystem with all of Googles software.

Pros

I love how simple and easy it is to use especially sharing with other people.

Cons

Some more advanced editing features would be helpful.

Jomon
Jomon
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Create and edit text easy through browser

Pros

No extra software needed it saves automatically

Cons

Has limited options complex text edit function is more difficult.

wilfredo
  • Industry: Telecommunications

My Google docs review

Very good. I use this everyday for my work

Pros

The most easiest document tool that I have ever used

Cons

The least that I like about Google docs is limited features

Nathan

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

The go-to doc solution for those who use gmail

Overall, google docs rocks it. One of the best things for any startup to dive into and utilize.

Pros

Since g docs integrates seamlessly with gmail, it's an obvious thing to use (on a free account or business). It's easy to share with team members, collaborate, and organize. Even the little things like creating a doc in google and then saving it as a PDF to send to a client is a fast example of how much google docs just makes day to day work easier.

Cons

As our company has grown, so has all the stuff we need to store and manage. This is both a docs and google drive issue, though both are almost one in the same. With tons of stuff to store and manage it can quickly be difficult to find what your'e looking for when it's buried 15 layers deep in folders. The search functionality is amazing, but if you don't know the key words or what you need is not labeled right or in PDF format, then good luck finding it. Just be sure to set up good organization management.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Google Docs

We were already married to business gmail so choosing google docs was obvious. Like many businesses, though, many of our employees also use Microsoft office products alongside google.
Samuel
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 12/04/2020

Great Software!

i loved it! my team was able to have all the necessary files and documents in one place, every time a hardware crashed we didn't have to worry about unsaved changes which was a plus to my time specifically.

Pros

In all honesty , i used this software to write down contract formats, to do lists, and even scripts for my production company and to say the least i am very pleased. The feature i loved most was where you can share files with colleagues and work on the same document at the same time real time.

Cons

i didn't like the fact that you have to request access to a document once it has been submitted or turned in (When documents are assigned) it sort of complicates things.

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Choosing Google Docs

The simplicity of google docs attracted me and my team.

Microsoft Project
Teresa
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 06/12/2020

Google doc my life

I grew up using google docs. I remember clearly all throughout my high school life how important it was to use google docs and how much time we would spend doing homework and essays. It is truly a software that is not taken for granted

Pros

I love how easy it is to use . The software has amazing features that overall help to write down what ever it is that you need to do . There are so many ways to use the software

Cons

One thing that I dont like is that it isnt accessible if you dont have google account

Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Google Docs

It is more widely known and like I said I am already familiar with the software because it was so easily accessible to me as a young student so from a young age I learned the functions of the software and how to indent ,double space,and write paragraphs using the spell checker. I also learned how to create powerpoints ,printout layouts and send emails all through the software so it was definitely a first choice
Melissa
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

Our new go to...

Love. We use it every day and over the past three years we have been brining more and more of our team into the Google workspace. In a few more years we plan to have google as the center of all our operations!

Pros

I love that Google Docs is online. I can collaborate with colleges and see the work they are doing. Our documents are automatically saved and stored online...no more lost files!

Our older team members just don't want to learn new software, but we like that Word documents can be automatically converted to google docs for the rest of the team to work on. Great feature.

I work in Guatemala so people are a bit behind on technology...I am working on training and bring the rest of our organization into the Google space over the coming two years.

Cons

There are still some things are are just easier on my Apple Pages or Word programs, especially in certain formatting/design areas. It is hard to get our older team members to take the time to learn how to use it so they just keep uploading Word files instead...but as I mentioned above, Google has a great feature to convert Word files to Google docs!

Pages, Zoho CRM and Microsoft Word

Reasons for Choosing Google Docs

We switched to Google Docs because of the ease of sharing and collaborating on documents. We use google Drive to organize most of our files so being able to collaborate and use Google Docs within that system has made things much easier for our marketing department.

Pages and Microsoft Word

Reasons for Switching to Google Docs

We choose Google Docs over the other desktop alternatives specifically because it is online. The ability to work together on documents, share files and keep our files up to date has changed our system. One of the things we love the most is that even when we use Word or Pages to create files and upload them online...when we upload a new version Google saves the new and the older versions and we don't have to see all the older files. It has cleaned up our file organization soooooo much!
Melanie

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

A bonus within the Drive Implementation

We moved our storage to Google Drive, and didn't even plan on utilizing Docs and Sheets that much. But they've completely replaced Microsoft Word and Excel internally. We use it internally for WIP, collaboration content and just about everything. It was incredible to use when we shifted to a work from home style of working and we've all kept it going since returning to the office.

Pros

I love the ability to share and collaborate in real time within the document with our team. The ease of sharing a document within our Drive team, as well as clients that aren't using Drive is an incredible resource that our whole agency utilizes.

Cons

I'm struggling to find a downside about Google Docs. We love it internally and have never run into an issue sharing the files externally.

Dave
Dave

Reviewed on 26/12/2018

Perfect Word Processor for Everyday Use

We will never use anything other than Google Docs for our business. It has completely transformed the way we work and the APIs provided by Google to third party services such as Zapier and Integromat allow us to accomplish virtually anything we need without employing bizarre third-party tactics and hacks.

Pros

I love that Google Docs works the same on every computer across every device. We are a digital marketing agency and we interact with upwards of 30-40 documents a day - all on Google Docs. Working in Google Docs with a variety of clients means that every client can access and interact with our documents without worrying about any features their version of a software may be lacking. Likewise, we can count on knowing that any changes our clients make in Google Docs will be reflected accurately on our end because their version of the app is the same as ours.

Google Docs is superior for collaborating with multiple people across multiple locations. The revision history is robust and allows you to look at every version of your document ever created.

Cons

The worst part of Google Docs is that it lacks many major features available via other word processing programs. In addition, it lacks the ability to interact with certain aspects of a document via browser that are native to the browser experience overall. For instance, if you upload an image to your Google Doc, you are unable to download the image without actually downloading a full HTML zip file of the document and then extracting the images from the directory. Very frustrating.

Add-ons provide some additional functionality but can be spotty because they are not developed by Google, but third-party developers who may not keep the add-on up to date with Google's software.

Sébastien
Sébastien

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

An Office That Follows You Everywhere and Works Consistently Well

Google Docs has been the most reliable option for me to count on in changing work environments because it only works in a web browser. This unifies the experience and since Google Chrome is available on all major operating systems, it's easy to get the exact same look and feel as long as the version of the web browser being used is the same on all machines. It's a portable office suite that is more than enough for most needs and it brings some important advantages that can't be overstated, such as its collaboration capabilities and the fact that you have access remotely to all your files as long as you are logged into your account. There is also no need to keep the software up to date, which can be an additional relief for large or small companies that do not have a particularly strong IT department. Google Docs simplifies the life of beginners and advanced users alike, being easy to use and providing real and measurable benefits.

Pros

For a cloud-based software, Google Docs feels like a full-fledged word processor with added bonuses. Sharing a document couldn't be easier: it suffices to add a list of email addresses or create a link to be inserted into emails or other mediums. Having the ability to have multiple collaborators working on the same document at any given point is a strong feature that makes Google Docs an excellent choice in many different work settings. Because it's all in the cloud and files are stored on Google Drive, it becomes very convenient when you have to open files from new devices in new locations, as you can automatically retrieve all your personal data anywhere you go by simply logging into your Google account, making it a breeze to finish working on a document without depending on the work space being used. It is especially useful since you can also get access to your personal photos, bookmarks, contacts and other details stored in your account so that you don't miss anything you need to get your work done. There is an auto-save feature that's prominently showed while you edit your documents so you always have the tranquility that your changes are being taken into account. Being free is another noteworthy advantage offered by this tool. It's even capable of working offline: changes will be saved to the cloud when you can access Internet again. If you don't like to type, are slow at it or it's not convenient for you at that time, you can also use the voice typing feature.

Cons

Unlike other stand-alone word processors that you can install on your system, Google Docs only integrates with your Google Drive: this can be a great idea for many users, but it limits how you can work with your files because you first have to upload everything to Google Drive and can't work directly from stored files on your computer in the format used by Google Docs. There is the ability to add mathematical expressions which can come in handy, but it's not as easy to use as is the case with other software as it doesn't clearly highlight where the expression needs to be entered and it doesn't skip automatically to the next portion to fill when typing the "Tab" key. When you change some settings in the menus, little pop-ups will appear in the top-right corner and won't disappear until you click on them, which I find annoying. Because Google Drive isn't officially available on the Linux operating system, it is harder to synchronize files to work with inside Google Docs as they first need to be uploaded to Google Drive either manually through the web interface or with external, unofficial tools. On smaller screens, it's useful to toggle the menus at the top to hide them, but any keyboard shortcut that triggers an item in those menus won't work until you toggle them again so they are visible, which shouldn't be a requirement and makes working on smaller screens a little bit of a pain sometimes.

• Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 17/06/2019

Certainly performing well...

While the program isn't perfect, Google Docs is by far the most easily accessible and widely used word editing programs. It excels at what it needs to do, but lacks on what it could do.

Pros

To start, Docs get's everything you need done. Editing, typing, sharing—it's all easily done.

In a school or work environment, the commenting mode and ability to share documents easily makes working extremely efficient. In comparison, a traditional document editor would require you to manually send the file, have the other party edit it, then send it back. In docs, being able to instantly see any edits or comments another person makes is a huge time-saver.

Docs is also extremely compatible with other types of files, and even can transcribe PDF files. It's also capable of converting your current doc into other formats, which is helpful since you won't have to use a third-party website/application to do so.

While being a common feature in other editing programs, the auto save feature is handy, as it saves every time a change is made, even if it's just a single letter. On top of that, Docs also stores previous versions of your document, which I personally found very useful when back-referencing older revisions of essays and other papers.

Lastly, Docs runs constant grammar and spelling checks, which is great for when you are typing in a rush and misspell a word or type something out awkwardly. Not only that, but the detection is always improving, and is even able to detect proper nouns (like names) and recognize that they aren't spelled wrong because they are meant to be spelled that way.

Cons

Despite it's strengths, Google Docs holds a few annoying points.

A major disappointment lies in the lack of font support. While some of the major, non-standard fonts like IBM Plex Sans are available, a majority of the fonts that are available aren't well-known or widely used, which led me to using the same 4-5 fonts over and over again. There is no option to add third-party fonts either, which isn't ideal for those of us that have a selection of them on our computers.

Despite Doc's simple design, it's actually a huge resource hog for both internet bandwidth and RAM. While it may not be noticeable on a decent computer, it's especially noticeable on computers that aren't from the last 4 years or so. Loading Docs onto my laptop from a few years ago brought it to its knees, and forced me to use an alternative.

While Docs has plenty of shortcuts for its most commonly used tools, not every tool has a shortcut. On top of that, there are no options to bind our own shortcuts to a tool, which is a huge problem for those of us that have to write heavily formatted, non-traditional styled documents.

Lastly, table creation and editing in Docs is still yet to be ideal. Each line in a table is treated as a separate line, meaning that you have to either edit each line or all the lines at once, which makes it inconvenient to create visually appealing tables.

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 20/01/2020

Google Docs is packed of features while also being the ideal tool for collaborations

I am extremely happy with what I found after I started using Google Docs. I was looking for a lightweight tool that I could use without having to install anything on my devices and I found one of the most powerful tools for document creating / editing and never switched back since.

Pros

Google Docs is the solution offered by Google for creating, formatting and sharing documents. I used Google Docs in along with colleagues, when we had to make documents or reports and I can truly say that it was designed with collaboration in mind. The same document can be edited by multiple people in the same time, with the user getting notified by the changes made through the cleverly placed UI elements and the version history the software provides. It is also easy to leave comments and tag people in them when having a question or wanting to do a remark. In terms of features, the ones I used the most are: templates - in order to have nice visuals when doing a document on a short notice, table of contents - which can really help in cases where the document is tens or even hundreds of pages long, headers & footers - which are always present in the documents I make. There are some innovative features which I started playing with which are: voice writing - where the software listens to your voice and then types (it doesn't always go according to the plan, but it's a start); another neat feature is the integration of video calls for easier collaboration. This, again, is a bit limiting in terms of quality.
Google Docs is a surprisingly powerful tool that's made to work in virtually any environment. It has support for PCs, Android or iOS phones and browser. To be able to fully utilize the tool internet is required.

Cons

I think there are two features that can be improved: voice typing which is not always accurate and can take a while to get used to the commands - for example, saying "comma" or "period" for punctuation signs. Another feature that would be nice to get better is the quality of the video calls when doing them embedded into the application. I assume this takes a lot of bandwidth and required quite a good connection to the internet to work.

Charlotte
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 07/02/2020

Smoother than SharePoint

Ultimately I prefer Google docs for collaborative projects, and more teams seem to be familiar with this software so we beat a learning curve by offering this option to work on first.

Pros

In comparison to SharePoint, GoogleDocs is smoother with real time updates and the ability to grab/drag data in Excel. I also like the ability to create a shared document (for free) across companies for situations where you are collaborating with vendors or clients. You can also share documents with specific users (with or without gmail accounts) and get a shareable link with either 'view only' or 'ability to edit' options. For the most part all the functions you need are there and easy to use. You can create a file in the desktop office suite and upload it into Google Docs.

Cons

You lose a lot of the functionality that you would get with the full office suite - specifically with excel. With SharePoint you have the option to open a document in the desktop version of excel and gain full functionality. I also run into issues with downloading documents from Google Docs and opening them in the desk top version of the office suite - for example with excel some rows download so small that they look hidden. Its a minor issue because you can format to fix the sizing of rows so they are all visible. However, pulling the document from SharePoint is good to go and you have more functionality while developing the document. FYI too that if you send the 'shareable link' and someone enters the document without being logged in to a google account they will show as an 'anonymous' animal (i.e. 'anonymous chinchilla'). This allows you to know how many people are logged in to a document at once (Pro) but you have no way of knowing which animal is which and feels less secure. Remember anyone on or off your network can access what you are sharing - which is good and also risky.

Jennie
Jennie
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 11/10/2020

Cloud-based, free, and easy to use for everyone

Overall, Google Docs is a great product. It offers real-time collaborating with other users, including those who do not have a gmail account. Combined with the other features offered by Google (like chat), it allows for seamless collaborating on anything. Throw in the fact it's free and cloud-based, you have a winning product.

You can access Google Docs on any device, including kindles with a little ingenuity (it's just a bit of a pain to get to with kindles). I highly recommend it for anyone who needs a free word processor and wants something with all the abilities of MS Office.

Pros

Google docs has a lot of benefits. You can download/upload files into docs with a few simple clicks. Copy/pasting from a word processor into docs is simple and causes little to zero formatting issues. And what issues do happen, are easily fixed with only a click or two of the mouse.

You can do any and all editing, previewing, even printing or sharing with docs. If you are collaborating with someone else (or multiple people), you can see what's being written in real-time without any issues. Combine it with gmail or even google chat, and you can make collaborating with your fellow users with seamless ease.

I've been using google's entire suite from when gmail was by invite only (I'm telling my age here LOL). Google docs has only improved over the years and continues to get better, not worse. There are zero fees (unless you choose to up your storage space). And you get access to a version of the basics found in MS Office. Only easier to use with all the same options.

Google Docs has been my go-to for writing. It's cloud-based, I can do all the needed formatting, and it's easy to share to anyone, including people who don't have a gmail account. You can even upload a doc/docx file and convert it to a google doc with only a few clicks, without loosing the formatting. That feature alone makes life a lot easier when you want to edit something on the go.

Cons

Sometimes when you copy/paste from Word or another word processor, the formatting goes wonky. You have to either reformat the entire section, or remove the formatting in that section. It's a few extra needless steps. Aside from that? I've encountered few issues with Docs.

Yassine
Yassine

Reviewed on 01/09/2021

Keep always track of any changes in your document!

The greatest thing I noticed with my experience of using Google Docs' IMO is its utility. My GMail accounts can be used to share presentations, documents, and spreadsheets. I find that these papers are fantastic because you can share them with anyone who has a Google account, which is nearly everyone in my IT departement. To exchange images and videos, utilize Google Docs. Also several users in my team are allowed to edit data at the same time in one single file that's awesome .

Pros

My document changes are monitored, including time and editor information. You can simply go back to an earlier revision to see who made changes and when! If you don't reboot or restart your computer after spilling coffee on it, or dropping it off a bridge, your data will be protected. Isn't it marvelous to be able to record meetings? Prepare for each meeting with a clear plan, coordinating all activities and keeping track of all debates and decisions. One of the most common starting lines at conferences in any work is "Let's all join in and start a list of comments and questions." All of the team at work can now communicate from anywhere by engaging with their manager and other responsable on screen, working on a shared spreadsheet, and creating slide presentations. A new dynamic with endless opportunities.

Cons

Printing from Google Docs isn't as simple as printing from Microsoft Office. Printing web pages includes document headers and footers. Google Docs offers many formatting options, including page/paragraph indent, sub/superscript, and formatting tools for creating headers and footers. Include URLs and photographs. Making envelopes or labels in Google Docs is pointless.
Also, to edit a Google Doc, it must be in that format. Don't send a Word document with fancy formatting! Google must first update their existing publications. You may lose design, fonts, and formatting. These files can be reloaded into Word or Excel, but not exactly.

Abhishek
Abhishek

Reviewed on 03/04/2023

Google docs user review

I am in love with the Google docs. My team can create documents and share can share with me in no time. I can check and very the document and also I can write the comments wherever needed. This makes our work faster and complete the work quickly. I also can monitor who is writing to the document. Same document can used to write and review by multiple people at the same time.

Pros

Google docs is very easy to use. Creating a document and sharing with your team members is one of the great features. Your team members can also write the comment of the matter written with changing the original content, which makes it very helpful to keep the document updated. The most important feature is it saves the content written automatically so that data will be safe if in case the document is accidentally closed. You can import any MS word document by going to file and import document. One can also export the document to MS world and pdf. Google docs also has a feature to add charts to showcase the data. It has great features and pre created templates. You can choose templates from list of pre created templates according to your needs, it saves most of your time and efforts. You can save your time in creating and updating the document with Google docs.

Cons

It needs an active internet connection to use the Google docs. You cannot use Google docs offline.

• Industry: Defense & Space

Reviewed on 03/07/2018

The standard for collaborative document management

The benefits are almost beyond description, online learning would quite literally not be the same without this.

Pros

Concurrent editing with multiple users across the world becomes effortles, and happens almost without a thought. Simultaneous contribution from disparate areas is indispensable for academic, professional, and personal uses. The enterprise and academic implementations carry all of the same power as the open GMail versions and the default permissions sets are remarkably powerful for broader permission sets.

In terms of comparisons to existing services, Google Docs leaves most of them in the dust (looking at you SharePoint...) and has continued to improve over time.

The implementations of additional tools (such as Paperpile for academic uses) further expands the capability - although sticking with continually updated and supported tools is going to be preferable.

Cons

The biggest 'con' isn't actually a con - the expectation of such effortless collaboration become pervasive, and moving back to networks that do not allow for Google Docs collaboration become frustrating by comparison, which is an astonishing way of describing how transformational the GDocs capability is for most users.

As far as actual cons, the feature management and UI does seem vary over time, which for some users can be quite a bit frustration.
The biggest in-application limitation I've found is that the Chat isn't persistent, but the only way of discovering this is the hard way - namely losing valuable information that isn't stored anywhere. In practice the workaround of using comments for the same function is not really problematic, but implementing a chat where collaboration is a stated goal but not having persistent messages feels incredibly myopic.

Small complaints include the shared noise with Hangouts - as a user it's intuitive to understand that the same underlying platform enables both, however stovepiping the two functionally yet failing to leverage a lot of the side benefits of the Hangouts platform is an easy solution that may yet be implemented, but at the time of the review it is not.

The support applications, particularly smaller niche ones will break from time to time, which is unfortunate.

Finally, the offline and mobile versions do vary in terms of quality of UI flow, although it's a familiar enough setup for android users to intuit.

Victoria
Victoria
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

Fantastic for collaboration, working remote

Pros

As a writer and paralegal, I spend the majority of my day typing documents of various sorts, and Google Docs has now become my go-to, even over Word. It's easy to access, it's easy to use, it's easy to share, and it's easy to collaborate.

I'm a huge fan of anything that's on the cloud. So the fact that I can access Google Docs from any computer or phone at any time and place without having to download any software or program is a huge benefit to me.

I love the editing/commenting features of Google Docs, especially when multiple people are collaborating on a project. It makes editing much quicker because it can happen in one place instead of having to email a document back and forth. I also appreciate being able to go in and view who has made what changes. And the feature to see and even revert back to previous version is INVALUABLE.

Lastly, I love how easy it is to share Google Docs and manage levels of access. I can send un=editable previews, or I can invite someone to get hands on with me.

Bottom line, Google Docs has everything you need and more for a basic word processor.

Cons

Formatting pictures within a doc can be finicky, but at the end of the day, I rarely have to do this and I don't know of a word processor that does it any better.

The only other issue I've run into is more of a Google Drive issue, but sometimes other uses will move a document I've created out of a shared folder. I wish there was a way to grant them editing access without allowing them to move my documents without first getting my permission.