About Salesforce Service Cloud

Service Cloud from Salesforce is a cloud-based customer service management solution that is designed to initiate customer service activities from anywhere. Built on the Salesforce1 Platform, Service Cloud works to centralize and...

Browse Salesforce Service Cloud Reviews

Jennifer B.

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

Everything I need on one page

I love that I can manage our sales team's goals vs. actuals all in one place. I can see exactly where each prospect/opportunity is in the sales process, who the contact is and information about the company all on one screen. With the links that let me get more information about each of those areas, it's a seamless process.

Pros

I love that, compared to Salesforce Classic, I can see all of the information about the Prospect or Client that I need all on one page. I don't have to go from one page to another

Cons

It's not like any of the other CRMs that our sales team has used so there was a bit of a training curve for some of them.

SharpSpring

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Service Cloud

Salesforce is much more sophisticated, yet easier to use. It has a lot more features and allows the sales team to follow their prospects/opportunities from start to finish very easily.
Patrick C.

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

Salesforce makes it easy to maintain a large group of sales prospects and integrates with...

I really like the ease of use with this CRM and the fact that it integrates with our other softwares. We operate as a sales unit, so it is essential that we are aware of what other members of the team are doing at all times, and where they stand on different leads, territories, etc. It eliminates the need for additional forms of communication, documents, spreadsheets, you name it. This is essential for any sales team out there, regardless of industry.

Pros

We are a sales and distribution company for a number of investment companies that run mutual funds, hedge funds etc. We have a GIANT list of prospects and trying to manage all of that in excel spreadsheets would be a nightmare when you consider that we operate as a team and not on an individual basis. It's easy enough to use and integrates well with outside software, such as outlook and excel. Great product for sales teams**.

Cons

I'm really not a fan of the lack of a genuine support system. If you have any issues, your only option is to email the support team and they have not been very helpful in my experience. Unless you pay for the top tier of salesforce, there's no phone number that you can call. I wish they had a decent tutorial and moreover, there are some no brainer adjustments that could really improve the CRM, such as mass email integration. Perhaps there is a way, but the fact that I have not been able to figure it out or get a decent answer from support speaks to their support system.

Reviewed on 21/01/2019

Customized Salesforce user

From a business perspective, I have used Salesforce mainly to create reports on clients and their spend (based on attributed dollars on a contract) and also update different contact pages.

Pros

I think Salesforce allows for considerable customization for its users. At my company, I've used it for operational, commercial and research purposes, which is awesome.

Cons

Salesforce is not intuitively easy to use, at least at my company. Some of the field names can be misleading; I think the reporting feature is also difficult if you don't have training or teaching. Also, I don't find the individual pages (contacts, contracts, memberships) pleasing to the eye. The content isn't laid out nicely in my opinion.

Top Salesforce Service Cloud Alternatives

Kevin C.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

Service Cloud is next level service for your team!

Pros

Fantastic extras on top of a great platform. You can enact SLA's for cases based on accounts, set rules for escalations and paths for intervention with case management. Service Cloud also has a fantastic console that allows for easy customization to enhance user experience.

Cons

Service Cloud components are a little tricky to build at first. And a lot of the cool configuration stuff does require a bit of super admin skills. But once you have this up and running it's fantastic.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 03/08/2018

The go-to CRM

Pros

From an end-user perspective, it's nice to have complete records of people, companies and deals all in one place. Lots of reporting and analytics capabilities as well. From an administrative perspective, there really isn't much you can't do with the platform.

Cons

Page layouts can sometimes get cumbersome with all the info displayed. As an admin, there are definitely times where you feel like some aspect of configuration should be much simpler than it really is.

Laine K.

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Great for customer service

We use Service Cloud to handle support inquiries for our clients. They send us an email or call with a question, and we can automatically create a case with all needed information, track the case through stages, up until when it's resolved with all the information needed.

Pros

I like the ability to create, edit, track, and utilize the Cases feature for customer problems or inquiries. It gives us a 360-degree view of customer needs and helps us resolve them organized and quickly.

Cons

I don't have any cons at the moment. Service Cloud is customizable, and that allows us to bypass the standard customization to make it work for our use case.

Cassandra D.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 07/06/2017

I used this software while working for Schumacher Homes and it was wonderful.

The benefits I got from this software is being able to keep the customers information in order and up to date. I also was able to refer back to events and information for important issues with my patients.

Pros

I liked the being able to notate customers information and documentation of events that occurred. It helps tremendously when a customer calls in about events that occurred and helps other employees to know what's going in with a customer.

Cons

I did not like having to go through the different processes and different area's within the software to perform different actions.

Fima K.

Reviewed on 11/08/2018

A good application, but there were difficulties in customizing

Pros

To work with the data of our customers, we use several databases. One of the options for storing and processing information is the use of SalesForce. If you correctly configure this system, it greatly facilitates the work. For example, I use it to organize online mailings, generate reports, check the work of employees. The program interface is convenient, the functionality is extensive.

Cons

Service support at this service is too slow, and when it is possible to get a response from them, it is not always clear and understandable.

Pamela C.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 17/11/2018

Salesforce is a great investment

Pros

Made it possible to have a more productive workday with this customer relations system, top customer support and community of users platform, customization are easy, integrations with other apps are great! On boarding process is tailored to the users and/or business based on what you will be using it for.

Cons

Cost could be more economical for small businesses

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

One of the Powerful CRM solution in the industry

We use it for our CRM needs. This tool has done a great job till now.

Pros

Completely customizable to your company, you can customize it in the way you want it for your business
Dash board and analytics features are amazing.
Intuitive and user friendly

Cons

Integration with other tools are quite difficult and sometimes may slow down your work.
Quite expensive compared with other tools in the market.

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Best in the business

Pros

I use Salesforce every day, and the possibilities are endless. There are so many great things that can be done within this platform, and it's great for keeping track of leads and contacts. Salesforce is a crucial part of my company, and I don't know where we would be without it.

Cons

I am slowly learning more about the back end workings of Salesforce, so I have no complaints now!

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Very Powerful Tool

Pros

Salesforce is very customizable. There's so much you can do with it to tailor it to your organization. It connects all of our departments together and allows us a historical picture into each individual customer.

Cons

Difficult to implement. Difficult to learn. Lack of awareness of the available tools like User Communities, Macros, and Email Templates.

Chris M.

Reviewed on 07/06/2018

Overall a generally great tool for a ticketing system.

Pros

The software allows for customization for an internal solution. It allows for easy escalation and customizable drop-downs. It can be integrated with other products as well.

Cons

The system encounters errors when attempting to close parent cases holding over a hundred child tickets, which causes for great headache when trying to close such a parent case.

Allen S.

Reviewed on 25/05/2017

Best ticketing system loaded with the information I need.

Pros

I really like that our company was able to integrate this with our internal processes and knowledge base in a way that was not intrusive to our work flow. It's also has a really well built search engine that allows me to find everything from accounts to similar issues to what is being reported.

Cons

Some of the rules when first implemented did not go as well as planned and took some tweaking. Also we have found that some of our automations will cause browser crashes if not managed properly.

Justin G.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

Great product for servicing customers

Pros

I work in internal operations and find SSC to be the most versatile tool in our arsenal. There is just so much that it can do and Salesforce is always looking for ways to continue to expand on its capabilities.

Cons

The learning curve, but this is why they offer trainings/certifications.

Immanuel J.

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Great CRM

Pros

The platform offers lot of out of the box features that can be tailored to the requirements with no complex development. The platform also enables companies to build great custom apps

Cons

Tons of governor limits. Every resource is limited and you have to be very cautious about the solution that you are building.

Nicole A.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 07/01/2019

SFDC limits

truly like the different ways can strategically look at territories. The options to run reports the way you want to focus on your accounts

Pros

the amount of information and data it can store.
the search functionality allows you to find your information with many different options

Cons

how much space and bandwidth it can require to run properly

Ionut C.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 20/01/2019

Convenient system for managing business processes

Pros

We use SalesForce to manage sales and marketing of the company. There is a built-in analytics system. You can create a task list within the system. A tool for creating detailed reports is available.

Cons

The system cannot use response templates for customer support, it lacks lead segmentation functions. Another drawback is that the software does not support the ability to track customer activity, and there are no normal competitive intelligence tools.

Andres R.

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Salesforce, a good digital Marketing platform.

The truth seems an App very interesting in the personal, is very easy to use and has a very useful information for all types of merchants, plus we are fascinated with its technical support of high quality.

Pros

It has a very modern and well applied design, with respect to the interface, it is also quite interesting and aesthetic, it has good information about Marketing, in addition to its good technical support that provides total attention and confidence.

Cons

It has a somewhat slow interface, also has a very bad performance, not to say regrettable, like its optimization and also needs a good memory because it demands too much.

Drew B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

Easy to Use

Pros

This software is very intuitive and all around easy to use. It's especially great to keep the whole sales team on the same page.

Cons

There are just a few quirks, like double posting, and lack of administrative functions. Customer service can be a little tricky...

Gert N.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Great project management software.

I have used Salesforce for 3.5 years to manage projects. It was a brilliant system, as it integrated the work in the phase I was responsible for with preceding and following phases.

Pros

Salesforce has a high level of customization.

Cons

Salesforce does require solid training to master the use of the software.

Reviewed on 20/08/2018

Pros

I am specificall using Demandware as their eComm platform , and like the way they give you flexibility to add custom logic.

Cons

Getting anything added to their roadmap to provide a better customer experinece -- they do not do that fast enough for the customers.

Alisa M.

Reviewed on 24/02/2018

In general, the product is good

Pros

SalesForce is an excellent CRM that allows the team to work together, monitor project implementation, monitor cash costs and revenues. Joint access to projects, storage of information in the cloud and the ability to work with mobile devices - it's cool!

Cons

Sometimes (especially when there are urgent questions) with tech support is difficult to contact, the interface for the application is also not very convenient.

• Industry: Furniture
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

Lots of options

We were looking at some CRM alternatives to the very basic CRM included in our current ERP system. We have not yet decided to implement CRM as all of the CRM platforms look fairly complex. However, if we were to implement CRM in the future, Salesforce would be a strong contender.

Pros

Definitely an industry-leading CRM solution. The possibilities and options are seemingly endless.

Salesforce has aggressively acquired many different apps to continue to add more features to its product. There is also the app exchange where you can download a multitude of apps that work in the Salesforce platform.

It's actually more of a platform than simply a software.

Cons

When we were reviewing Salesforce, the magnitude of options and customisation available were a bit overwhelming. I also tried out some of the Salesforce Basecamp training modules. I found the cartoony art a bit off-putting, and the examples in the training modules were not very practical. (For instance, learn how to program a software robot by making a Mars Lander probe). I applaud Salesforce for all of their success and innovation. However, it did seem a bit overwhelming and a huge, complex system.

Mim H.

Reviewed on 02/08/2019

Customizable product that can be tailored to your specific needs

Pros

We use Salesforce for our Client Services Teams and Sales side of the house. It's a very robust and powerful system with lots of options for customization.

Cons

There have been some items related to case workflow and reporting that we haven't been able to achieve with Salesforce. Luckily, with it being such a customizable product, we've been able to figure out workarounds to achieve similar results.