About PurelyHR

PurelyHR is powerful modular HR software for small to medium-sized businesses. Our cloud-based platform simplifies your everyday HR tasks including leave management, employee directory and onboarding, time tracking, performance...

Browse PurelyHR Reviews

Cari M.
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 18/01/2019

PurelyHR

It has been positive. prior to moving to PurelyHR we had an inhouse program to keep trap of vacation, and another formatto keep staff information, this is all in 1 place.

Pros

It is easy to use and the support and service I receive is excellent.

Cons

There are a few reporting features and information I would like to see that currently are not available. It takes a bit of time to navigate through the modules we use to find where I need to go to get the information.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Cari,

We are so happy that your experience with PurelyHR has been positive.

We often take time to listen to our customers requests for new features/reports. If you haven't already, please send us an email with the reports you might find helpful. We'll do our best to accommodate you.

Thank you for leaving a review. Happy new year!

The PurelyHR Team

Replied 21/01/2019
Christina P.

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Good Product Could be better with a just a few upgrades.

The calendar feature is what help our employees in the field the most. The supervisors can keep track of who is off and when someone will be out more easily than our old way of doing time off. The employees can easily request time off without tracking down someone on the job site.

Pros

Easy to use for both employees and administrator. You can request time off in small increments of time or the whole day or days. The calendar feature is really good. I can bring up the calendar and see who is off and who has time off pending approval.
The employees can see how much time they have taken off and how much they have left in the year, so they are not calling the office to see their balances. I do like the reports I can run to show balances and time taken off.

Cons

I do not like that the systems resets automatically each year. I would like to make sure at the end of the year the totals are correct before it reset for the new year. There might be a feature that I am not aware of that would allow me to do this. Each year each employee can roll over 40hrs of time not taken but there are some exceptions to this rule and I would like to add this before the system rolls over.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Christina,

We want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review.

We are continuously working on making improvements to PurelyHR, therefore we have noted down your feedback and our team will review to see if sometimes in the near future, those changes will be made. In the meantime if you come across any other suggestions, send them our way, we love to hear them.

The PurelyHR Team.

Replied 30/01/2019
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Good for what it does, would have preferred consolidated solution

We use ADP for core HR management and were not satisfied with the tools included in that platform. We did a survey of available tools and found that PurelyHR suited our needs and was easy for us as well as our employees to use.

Pros

PurelyHR has a simple interface and is easy to use, both in terms of administration and end user input. It helps us keep track of more complex needs, such as overtime, for certain staff members.

Cons

We only use it for time sheet and vacation purposes, so it doesn't seem worth the expense or compliance overhead of using yet another vendor. I'd prefer to see this type of functionality be better built into our core HR platform so we don't need to maintain two relationships.

Top PurelyHR Alternatives

Molly P.

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

PurelyHR Review

Tracking PTO using an accrual method. It was a transparent way to let employees know their PTO balances and Managers to track schedules/PTO usages.

Pros

It was easy to sign up for the software, employees understood how to request PTO, managers and employees like to view their PTO balances.

Cons

I didn't fully understand how the calendar year renewed so I spent a lot of time trying to research how to correct employee PTO balances. The administrator guides were helpful. I wish there was more ability to make global updates.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Molly,

First, we want to thank you for leaving such a kind review. We're thrilled to hear about the results after implementing PurelyHR in your organization.

We've noted down your feedback on the calendar year renewal and will review the process to see if there's something that can be done.

We wish you all the best in 2019. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us!

The PurelyHR Team

Replied 30/01/2019
Allison M.

Reviewed on 25/01/2017

Excellent Software & Customer Service is Outstanding

We've been using the software now since 2013; we use it to track time off for two sister companies. The software is extremely easy to use and easy to set-up.

I've requested a couple of reports be altered for ease of use, and the customer service folks have been super responsive.

Would recommend over ANY higher priced software on the market....and I've used several!!

Pros

Ease of set-up and use.

Cons

None really.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Allison,

We are happy to hear that Time-Off has solved your leave management needs. If you need any other changes in your reports, you know where to find us!

Thank you for your kind review and recommendation.

Robert D.

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

Excellent. A great easy to use program with a variety of suitable feature for our organization.

Pros

The clear layout and ease of use. Cover most aspects of leave with easy to use functionality. We mainly use TOM features.

Cons

Transitioning from end of year to the next is always a time consuming task. It would be easy if their were carry over adjustable settings to address this.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Robert, thank you for submitting your review to us. We always love receiving feedback from clients. In the meantime, someone from our support team will be reaching out to assist in making sure the transition over to the new year, runs as smoothly as possible for you. Sincerly, the Purelyhr Team!

Susan S.

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Product works well for our needs

We were able to get rid of paper approvals & able to easily track who is out of the office.

Pros

Setting up new employees is easy & intuitive. Customer service is always responsive in a timely manner & the price is right for a small company like ours.

Cons

Setting up a new user's vacation time on an accrual basis (instead of all up front) has been difficult/confusing

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Susan, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very sorry to hear that you are having difficulties setting up the user's vacation time on an accrual basis. We want to ensure we provide you with the best possible solution to make those additions, therefore, someone from our support team will be reaching out to you to review any questions, concerns you may have. Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

Jeremy M.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

Travel agency

Pros

I can pull a time sheet at a 'click of a button' which makes life easier for me and for my bookkeeping when issuing paycheques.

Cons

It is a bit daughting creating different time periods. It would be best to allow the time periods to be user-friendly when adapting. Thankfully, you have a great support team!

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Jeremy, We want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are continuously working on making improvements to Purelyhr, therefore we have noted down your feedback and our team will review to see if sometimes in the near future, those changes will be made. In the meantime if you come across any other suggestions, send them our way, we love to hear them. Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

Helen E.

Reviewed on 31/03/2021

Excellent! Makes life easier!

Overall this is been great! It is very, very much appreciated by everyone in our organization!

Pros

Easy to implement; Easy to use; Currently using only the time off module. It is great for managers and employees to use; Time off calendar links to Google Calendar (with some special configuration); Staff report is easy to customize.

Customer service is exceptional!

Cons

Creating sub depts does not seem to be possible; Would be nice if we could export the Org Chart into a nice powerpoint style chart or at least a pdf. Would be great if it can integrate/have links with an existing payroll provider in Canada. For example, Ceridian & Nethris. This would be great for things like updating time taken and employee personal information like address. This is more of a suggestion for future updates for PurelHR.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Helen, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so happy that Time-Off is making your life easier! We appreciate your suggestions for possible future updates and are working on some exciting features that we think you'll like.

Replied 07/04/2021
Shannon D.

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

Everything I Was Looking For

I run HR at a small, growing organization and our previous time-off management system was an online spreadsheet. Tons of human error, no approval system, no way for people to check their balances - it was a huge problem. I did some research and found timeoffmanager.com had good ratings so I gave it a try. I found it had everything I wanted: people could request, add notes, see balances; managers could approve; we could have different rules for different types of time off; there is a company-wide calendar view, etc. It was also super intuitive to set up and for employees to use. It literally has everything I was looking for and was very easy to get up and running and have employees start using. We couldn't be happier with it.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive interface, ability to customize in pretty much any way

Cons

Took a while to set up mid-year and back-filling with days off taken thus far - would recommend setting up at the start of your time off cycle

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Shannon,

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are so happy to know that our software has been helpful for you and your organisation.

We hope you continue using and enjoying our products!

Jennifer D.

Reviewed on 21/06/2011

From paper to automation, in a single bound...

We had been using a pen and paper system to approve and track employee leave and we were drowning under mountains of leave requests, that didn't always make it through the process before the date of leave. Time Off Manager allowed us to save trees, time and our sanity! Upon implementation, the employee feedback was glowing and enthusiastic. At last - for employees and managers both - a quick and easy way to handle leave requests! Errors in processing leave have drastically decreased. Employee understanding and knowledge of leave programs increased. And the HR and Payroll departments are happy!

Pros

The most affordable product we found, while maintaining complete functionality. Customer support and responsiveness to customer requests is excellent. Intuitive steps and controls. Audit trails allow for easy and complete research of employee leave behaviors. Wide variety of reports are ready-made.

Cons

Ability to establish multiple tiers of approval would be nice.
Not able to build a custom calendar (different number of days per week or hours per day during different parts of the year)

James C.

Reviewed on 16/06/2011

Great Support-Amazing Product

I would recommend this to any small company. I think that if user's could be created with a bit more ease this would be great for any company large or small. I am extremely happy with my choice in picking TimeOffManager. Jason has been a great help with any questions/issues I have had, and he always gets back to me quickly! Thanks for all the hard work!

Pros

I have always had amazing support with the TimeOffManager. This was the first purchase I ever made for my company and I am really happy with it. Jason is constantly improving the TimeOffManager site, and the one time an update went against our normal flow of work he created a work-around for us within a day.

Cons

Creating users can be a pain. I would love it if you could make it so that you could push accruals out to every user based on a user that is already set up (or something along those lines so I dont have to deal with the accruals every time I create a user).

Kim M.

Reviewed on 04/02/2015

Time-Off Manager

Time-Off Manager has allowed us to easily manage time-off requests for 36 people. It saves me hours of work over our old system. It has many features, which allow full customization to meet our needs. It prevents human error by automating additional time off on anniversary dates, prorating time off for employees who join us mid-year, and updating time-off balances for everyone as requests are made or cancelled. The reminders of anniversary dates prevent me from forgetting performance reviews. It's also helpful to the employees, who are able to see everyone's time off on the calendar and can check their own balances whenever they want. There was no need for me to train anyone; it's so easy for the employees to use. Whenever I've had a concern or question, someone has responded to me right away. I compared this product to others; and the simple, uncluttered appearance was really appealing. The appearance along with its uncomplicated but comprehensive features are what sold me.

Linaa F.

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

PurelyHR has made keeping track of PTO very easy!

Pros

The system is easy to navigate. I love the calendar feature which shows a visual of employees that are absent from the office.

Cons

One feature I wish Purely HR contains was a way to track employee lateness. The only way I am able to keep track of lateness is in the notes section, which isn't helpful track trends.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Linaa,
Thank you for sending us your valuable feedback. We've gone ahead and asked our service team to communicate with you with regards to tracking employee lateness, as we do have a product that could potentially assist you with this. Stay tuned!

Team PurelyHr

Replied 16/05/2018
Yolanda B.

Reviewed on 22/06/2017

The experience has been awesome!

Not having to track departments PTO with paper forms and Excel.

Pros

Support was able to answer all of my questions regarding set-up, corrections, billing. My staff feel that its super easy and much better than the paper submission forms we were previously using.

Cons

I really don't have any cons. I did have an error with my bill, but support immediately fixed the issue and emailed me back.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Thank you so much for leaving us this lovely review Yolanda, we truly appreciate it.

We hope PurelyHR continues to deliver a great experience to you and your team :).

- PurelyHR

Replied 08/12/2017
Stephen R.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016

Great Features. Great Customer Support

The product has some great features and is very customizable. Not everything is intuitive, which could be my inexperience in setting up PTO polices. However, customer support was exceptional in providing guidance and assistance. I think some setup wizards and a more contemporary user interface would improve the overall product. I ultimately selected Time-off Manager over other "slicker-looking" products because of features.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Stephen,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the service from our support team. Delivering exceptional customer service has always been one of top priorities.

In addition, you will be please to learn that we will be releasing a new User Interface very soon. Therefore, you will soon be able to enjoy all the amazing features in a new intuitive and stylish version of Time-Off Manager.

Replied 11/03/2016
Karen R.

Reviewed on 08/11/2016

Helped a small office get organized.

I used this product to organize time off requests for a small office. It was a great change from my self - designed spreadsheet. It helped articulate what the policy was and keep track of individuals' unique situations. It was especially helpful in tracking hours of time off rather than days - which was needed because of the irregularity of the hours in the work week. I appreciated the calendar showing everyone's time off at a glance.

I didn't rate customer support because I did not use it.

Employees did not use this program. As the administrator, I put in the time off requests on their behalf. They did, however, appreciate the reports that I could print off at a moment's notice.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Karen,

Thank you for sending such a wonderful review. We truly appreciate it.

We hope your experience with our system continues to please you are your team!

Pascal K.

Reviewed on 21/03/2016

Time-Off Manager is a great tool, very easy to use, flexible, and offers great and fast support

Time-Off Manager is very easy to use, and offers a complete solution for vacation management in multi-branch, multi-timezone, and even different vacation requirements and laws.
We were able to set it up in a very short time frame, and we are using it for our 5 companies, 120 employees situated 5 different countries.
The support is fast, straight to the point and very responsive. For more than 2 years as a customer, we never had to escalate an issue, or ask the same question more than once.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Pascal,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear that our software was able to satisfy all your company's needs.

Our support team are great aren't they? Glad you enjoyed their help!

Thank you for your loyalty throughout the years. We truly appreciate it.

ToM.

Alycia A.

Reviewed on 17/03/2016

Game Changer for our Company

We are a small California corporation of 85 employees - time off record keeping use to be a nightmare until we started using TOM. It's a clean and simple user experience for our Employees and Management team and it allows for them to access information from anywhere at any time. We required quite a bit of customization during implementation for time off policies and length of service schedules - there was no extra cost for this customization. The people working for TOM are very knowledgeable and easy to work with - via phone or email. Their customer service is fantastic!

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Alycia,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear that our product was able to satisfy all your needs. Our support team are great aren't they? Glad you enjoyed their help!

Replied 21/03/2016
Joyce G.

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

When the product interface changed, I think it became less intuitive.

We use to use a Google calendar, this is more efficient

Pros

The price is right, we use it strictly for PTO tracking, and it works fine for that. The price is very reasonable.

Cons

I don't things are intuitive. It would be nice to be able to run reports and select multiple people, don't think that functionality is there.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Joyce, We want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are continuously working on making improvements to Purelyhr, therefore we have noted down your feedback and our team will review to see if sometimes in the near future, those changes will be made. In the meantime if you come across any other suggestions, send them our way, we love to hear them. Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

Naveen kumar M.

Reviewed on 21/03/2016

Simple and task oriented

Pros :
1) Simple and easy to finish the task
2) Good performance
3) Easy accessible to all pages

Cons :
1) Not much appealing UI
2) Holiday with actual event pic
3) Could have couple of themes (Dark and light)
4) Need improvisation in organizing menu

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Naveen Kumar,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a nice review.

As for your requests, you will be pleased to learn that we will be releasing a new User Interface very soon. Therefore, you will soon be able to enjoy all the amazing features in a new intuitive and stylish version of Time-Off Manager.

We hope this will improve your overall experience with Time-Off Manager!

Sincerely, TOM.

Katrina W.

Reviewed on 22/03/2016

I have only been using this software since December 2015, but so far, it has been very easy to use. The few times I have ran into an issue or question CS has been helpful. I like the reporting features as well, this is something that was very manual and time consuming for us before. My employees also enjoy how easy it is to make a PTO request and managers love the approval process. It is very quick and easy!

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Katrina,

We are thrilled to have you join our growing family! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying Time-Off Manager so far. We are confident you will love it even more with time.

Thank you for your kind review, we truly appreciate it.

Sincerely, TOM.

Allison M.

Reviewed on 17/03/2016

Super Product!

We looked around for a really good time off management program and found Time Off Manager. What a great program! It does everything we need it to, in an easy to use interface. And when I've made suggestions on ways to improve reports or add new reports, the response was quick and efficient.

We've been using the program for the past three years.

I've worked in many different size organizations, and Time Off Manager would have been a really good fit for all of them.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Allison,

We are happy to hear that you love Time-Off Manager!

Thank you for leaving such a friendly review! We truly appreciate it.

Replied 21/03/2016
Gary C.

Reviewed on 25/03/2016

Time off makes the grade

I've used a lot of TOM products over the years. Each has had some good features but ended up falling short at the end of the day. Capterra'a TOM seems to have it all. I see very little that I'd like to change.
If I had to ask for one improvement, it would be the ability to track my hourly staff by partial days.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Gary,

We are happy to hear that Time-Off Manager has solved all your Time-Off needs!

We will look into your request and advise you if this is a possible feature we could add to the system.

Thank you for leaving such a friendly review! We truly appreciate it.

Replied 29/03/2016
Sarah S.

Reviewed on 26/06/2017

EXCELLENT! Very easy for end users and admin

Easy to use- love the month to month billing!

Pros

Ease of use, GUI, cost, web-based, easy implementation- love the import features! Made the configuration very quick!!

Response from Ironflow Technologies

WOW! Thank you for the kind words Sarah, we truly appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

- PurelyHR

Replied 08/12/2017