Online Check Writer Reviews

About Online Check Writer

Online Check Writer is a cloud-based solution that helps businesses manage accounts payables/receivables, payment processing, reconciliation, and other financial activities on a unified portal. The platform enables administrators...

Browse Online Check Writer Reviews

Bipin
Bipin
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

One of the best Software i have used so far

very useful for my job.

Pros

Tried their Standard plan is worth /month. it has all the features i need, like Create many checks in one click, Upload from excel and create checks, Remote Support etc. Their Customer support is really good.

Cons

i didn't experienced any cons till now .Will update if i have any issues. Overall experience with Online Check Writer is excellent to me.

Response from Zil Money

Thank you, we're really happy to hear that you're getting good value out of it! The whole team here at Online Check Writer would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Replied 11/09/2021
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

Check printing software is a great business solution

The most valuable thing in today's business, time...

Pros

Easy to use, friendly IU, easy to program, supports most of the OS out there, customer service is very committed to help you..

Cons

No cons for using this software, everything is great ! I cannot say that when i call customer support i received a bad services because i will be lying...

Response from Zil Money

Thank you for taking the time to review Online Check Writer. We are glad to hear that you are happy with our product and services.

Replied 11/09/2021
Lynn
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

Used to be a happy customer

Like I said, it was a great piece of software when we started using it. I've asked for the zil account and accompanying wallet to be removed because we are a nonprofit, only the board can make a decision about creating new accounts. But it's been many months and they haven't done it yet, so I'm pretty sure they never will. It's so frustrating, they even send us monthly zil statements. We're probably going to switch back to our payroll system for ACH, because it's too confusing the way it's set up now.

Pros

I used to like it much better before we added ACH. The check writing worked great, it was intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

The user interface changed without warning a few months ago from something that was really easy to use to something that doesn't even fit on my computer screen and I have to reduce my magnification to 90% to see it all. I have to hunt all over the place to find various features that were all previously in one place. At least they should have given us some warning, I was on vacation and the admin using it was texting me that she couldn't figure out how to send ACH anymore.

When we set up ACH they created a zil account for us which we didn't ask for and didn't want. It generated an automatic wallet that is identically named to our real wallet and it's been so confusing. It's unclear to me what enable wallet bypass means in the two different places it can be entered, both in the wallet settings and when we actually send an ach payment. We're always afraid we're doing something wrong.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to Online Check Writer

At the time it seemed easier to use and to give other people access to check writing. It has changed a lot since then.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Lynn,

Please give us a call; we are keen to solve your issues with the platform.

Top Online Check Writer Alternatives

QuickBooks Time

BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable

Deluxe Payment Exchange

mimi
mimi
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

One of my way of saying, I made my life easier using this software in my web business.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly. This is a big advantage to other software I used before. The process of signing with each check I issue is very easy, just a click of a mouse and it's done.

Cons

Nothing. The usual software is very complicated and the instructions are hard to follow especially to those who are not computer savvy.

Response from Zil Money

First of all, we would like to thank you for your kind words so far. We apologize that our service did not satisfy your expectations. . We are always improving our product and service to make our customers happy.

Replied 01/10/2021
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 18/06/2023

The best online banking services provider I know

It's really easy to use and I highly recommend their services to others

Pros

Checks writing and generation is really easy

Cons

So far I dislike nothing about online check writet

Response from Zil Money

Hello, we are so happy to hear that you find online check writing and generation easy! We work hard to make sure our checks are the easiest to use and generate, so we really appreciate your feedback. Thanks again for taking the time to write this review - it really helps us out!

Replied 22/06/2023
Ronald

Reviewed on 25/07/2022

Too Slow

Has many powerful features, however it can be overwhelming and confusing trying to understand every aspect.

Pros

The many features regarding check writing and security.

Cons

Moves too slowly, even on my fastest computer it took long for pages to load.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Ronald,
Thank you for the review. As you have pointed out that the platform is too slow, we would like to check whether you haven't switched to the new version from the classic version? If you have questions regarding our platform, please call us at(408) 775-7720; we will be happy to guide you through each step.

• Industry: Banking
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 07/06/2023

My revier

Pros

EASY ACCESS to each user and provide simple instruction

Response from Zil Money

Thank you so much for your positive review of our company! We are glad to hear that you find our platform easy to use and that our instructions are clear. We appreciate your feedback and we will continue to work hard to provide the best possible service. Thank you for choosing onlinecheckwriter.com!

Replied 08/06/2023
Jayaprakash
Jayaprakash
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 15/08/2018

Online Checkwriter - a need of the hour

Pros

The emergence of Online check writer is a need of the hour. It has features akin to demand draft obtain directly from Bank. Hence, utilizing the facility a business man can save a lot of time in routine works. It is doubtless that everyone would love to hear a more attractive feature of online check draft, that is, the process does not involve any fee like credit card or ACH. The check can be accepted through phone, fax or online. There are not so much investments required to avail the facility. In every aspect, online check writer is highly beneficial to businessmen.

Cons

The output of the process is not acceptable internationally. This is the only disadvantage I can say about the software.

Response from Zil Money

First of all, we would like to thank you for your kind words so far. We're glad you like our platform and that it's working for you. We work really hard to offer you the best possible service

Replied 01/10/2021
jafet

Reviewed on 22/07/2023

Get payment and get goin with the company

very satisfyte love the easy way to make payment

Pros

all funtions very easy to do sorftware very friendly

Cons

too many windows some times stock on it but easy to fix

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 22/08/2023

Good to use

overall it is good to work and use online check writer.

Pros

this is easy to work with check writer. highly recommended.

Cons

customer service is little poor. had to wait for few hours.

Jill

Reviewed on 08/08/2022

Awesome

Love the ease of the system and how helpful it is to our business.

Pros

The system is easy to use and easy to set up to what you need. Make life easier by printing checks instead of writing them out.

Cons

Wish when they do updates they lets us know how to use them.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Jill,
Thank you very much for this great review. Yes, we might have missed communicating to our customers about new features on time. Developing new user features has been a priority, so we were in a rush to achieve that and were focused entirely on that - apologies for the misses. We are now communicating new changes to customers as quickly as possible.

Replied 09/08/2022
Tal

Reviewed on 25/07/2022

Why I enjoy the online check writer software.

I have enjoyed the service and it’s legitimacy increasing as only made it better and better as time goes on.

Pros

I enjoyed my ability to get paid quickly and issue legitimate checks to my vendors. I enjoy the fluidity of my businesses billing and expense tracking.

Cons

I have never been able to use my debit card and I mean never. Sucks cuz it’s one of the original perks I was excited about.

QuickBooks Online

Response from Zil Money

Hi Tal,
It is nice to know that you are happy with OnlineCheckWriter.com. We take your concern regarding the Debit card seriously as it is an inbuilt feature in our platform. Please call us at (408) 775-7720, and we will correct it quickly.

Tammie
  • Industry: Legal Services

Happy with Check Writer

Over all I love it and will continue to use it.

Pros

I like the ability to email payments to our servers. I like the ability to be able to send payments from any device quickly. I like the ease of use and easy learning curve.

Cons

They offer direct deposit free but charge for emailing a check. Feel that it should be the other way around since email really doesn’t create any extra work like a direct deposit would.

Also would like to be able to enter a date on each individual line of a deposit slip without having to type it in and click on the date, would like to have a calendar pop up to choose a date on each line.

Response from Zil Money

Thank you Tammie for this great review, we have noted your suggestion about the direct deposit fee and email check fee.

Cody
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

Could be great with a little effort!

I thought I would have more functionality from the program, but I can perform all the same functions using my bank's bill pay option. I cannot add field checks that are required for my customers, and therefore I cannot do accurate reporting. The reporting function has information from when the account was being tested, and the transition to a paid account was not good. There were supposed to be credited to my account every month, but each time I use the program, I have to contact support to print checks or deposit slips.

Pros

The nice feature is the customizable check-writing design. The design possibilities are entry-level but serve a basic purpose if you want a simple check writing ability.

Cons

The program is not customizable to the needs of other industries where you may need additional fields for data and reporting. The program often did not work as expected, and the transition from a fee to a paid plan has been nothing short of a nightmare. The information in its knowledge base does not match the program's, causing confusion.

Reasons for Switching to Online Check Writer

Response from Zil Money

Hi Cody,
Thank you for the review. OnlineCheckWriter.com allows customization. Please allow our team to guide you via a demo. We will update the knowledge base shortly; thank you for pointing that out.

Replied 29/07/2022
Alexandria
  • Industry: Automotive

Will never look back

Amazing

Pros

Ease, can use any check paper, customizable

Cons

I do not have anything I don't like, everything is great, 0 complaints!

Checkr and Checkfront

ease

Response from Zil Money

Thank you very much, Alexandria for this great review.

• Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 18/11/2022

In the words of my bank - "This is Scam-like"

While I've been a customer with OCW for many years, their recent merge with Zil Money has changed the company in the customer service department. No longer are they willing to listen to concerns with a "customer first" mindset. When approached with a problem, they refuse to acknowledge an issue. Even when it requires involvement from the internal development team after multiple attempts to issue checks. The problem wasn't on my end (after trying multiple browsers, multiple laptops and different users, yet still had the same error messages) and they refused to admit it. Insufficient credit was provided for this inconvenience.

Pros

OCW's platform is quick to learn and has in intuitive user interface

Cons

Customer service was awful and inflexible when trying to address multiple concerns within a very short timeframe. They had an opportunity to step up and deescalate my situations but refused to do so. Their inflexible approach to customer service just lost me as a client.

Response from Zil Money

We apologize for the concern you faced from us. The team is ready to hear and solve your issues.

Replied 23/11/2022
Dustyn

Reviewed on 12/01/2023

Great for any size bookkeeper

Pros

The ability to sync with QBO and add multiple bank accounts or clients makes using this software amazing. It is very easy to setup and use and customize check templates as needed.

Cons

When they switched their billing model and the functionality of their site it made it very difficult to use for a time being as there were many glitches but their customer support was able to assist me.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Dustyn, we're glad to hear that you find our software easy to use and customize. We're sorry to hear that you had some difficulty when we switched our billing model, but we're glad that our customer support was able to help you out. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you continue to enjoy using our software.

Replied 12/01/2023
Robert

Reviewed on 23/12/2022

Program Review

Getting account payables paid using the check printing service.

Pros

The check printing and processing is an excellent feature.

Cons

Billing could be a little easier to pay.

Square Payroll and QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Online Check Writer

The ease of use and processing is very easy.

Response from Zil Money

Hello Robert, we would like to thank you for your kind words. We're glad you like our platform and that it's working for you.

Replied 10/01/2023
Gerald
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 12/07/2022

Enjoy using Online Check Writer

VERY GOOD - saved us a lot of manual work

Pros

Basic - the ease of use
Secondary - the ability to select history on and individual staff member

Cons

When reworking my settings the app worked differently in new version than it had for years

OK at this point after using for a while

Response from Zil Money

Hi Gerald,
Thank you very much. We understand that the new version has a lot of differences from the earlier platform, and it might take a few days to get used to it. Let us guarantee that the new platform is designed to enhance speed and security. We will be happy to incorporate more features to help our users. You are welcome to give us improvement suggestions. Thank you once again for the review.

Replied 13/07/2022
Kelley
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

Great alternative to Quickbooks for printing checks..

Pros

It works great and I can modify as needed.

Cons

I wish it would use the imported vendor address and not the previously saved. I've sent several checks to the wrong address because I updated it in Quickbooks, but it still printed as old address.

Response from Zil Money

Thank you for the wonderful review.Online Check Writer users can now export checks from Online Check Writer to QuickBooks. With the QuickBooks pushback feature, users can import bank accounts, payee lists, and category lists from QuickBooks, create checks in Online Check Writer and then export the checks to QuickBooks.It works great and you can modify as needed.

Replied 09/11/2022
Hyghner
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 06/01/2023

Works great as advertise not many software does that

gets the job done

Pros

Check Writing and bill payments ease of use

Cons

Unattractive invoices need Qr codes for customer payments

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Choosing Online Check Writer

Checks Writing

Ease of use

Response from Zil Money

Hello Hyghner, Thank you for the feedback. We are always improving our products to make our customers happy.

Replied 10/01/2023
ARQUIMEDES
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 09/11/2020

Online Check Writer the Best software

My overall experience with Online Check Writer is amazing!
It is very useful and affordable software.

Pros

The way we can handle the checks using for instance checks by email and Checks Printing Software, that allows us to Print at anytime and from everyplace we are.

Cons

I have to say that this software doesn't have any thing bad. I mean I don't have any complain about this software, for me this software is 1000/1000!

Response from Zil Money

Thank you for the wonderful positive review.Glad to hear about our platform work well for you

Replied 09/11/2022
Brandon

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

Online Check Writer

Pros

We had a need for a check writing software that did not limit us to their supplies or a number of checks per credit. Online Check Writer filled that need in a great and affordable way.

Cons

The English is bad in some spots, but getting better,

Response from Zil Money

Thank you Brandon for the review.

Replied 02/08/2022
Mikheil
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 05/08/2022

Very well written executed software

Pros

It's very easy to use and quick and offered wide range of options.

Cons

Well I feel like it not fully polishes yes and need little work.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Mikheil,
Thank you very much for such a great review. We truly appreciate you finding time to review our product

Replied 08/08/2022
Kim
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

A super helpful and intuitive solution

It's been great! Everything that I need and simple to use.

Pros

Online checkwriter is incredibly easy to use and implement. It is a perfect solution to pair with Quickbooks Online.

Cons

I use Online Check Writer exclusively for printing processed checks. There seem to be a lot of other features but I am not utilizing them due to the way our business is structured.

Response from Zil Money

Thank you Kim for the review. As you have noted we do provide a host of services apart from check printing. We offer an all-in-one payment platform in which you can do credit card payments even where they are not accepted, wire transfer, ACH, echecks, get-paid links and more.

Replied 02/08/2022