About Activity HD

ActivityHD, developed by AccountingWare, is a fully integrated accounting system designed to provide flexibility and improve decision-making. Businesses can use ActivityHD to efficiently manage complex systems within a centralized...

Browse Activity HD Reviews

Joanna P.

Reviewed on 02/11/2017

We are in the Agri-Food Sector. All divisions from farm to fork use Activity HD.

Pros

Our business is complex with Grain operations, Livestock management, Meat Processing and Food Retail. Our bricks and Mortar operations are centralized in Alberta, Canada but other divisions span international operations.

Because of the variety of area's we are involved in we need customization that is easy to work with, and the ability to work with data in a variety of areas in a variety of sources. ActivityHD is the best tool I have and whenever a new opportunity arises in our business or a new feature is released, I'm always looking for what more ActivityHD can do for us. At the end of the day I know I have great training tools for my team and excellent support should I need it.

Whatever business you are in, and whichever package you are considering.  I highly recommend to talk to the nQativ team about what they can do for you.

Cons

The team at nQativ hasn't created a product which can clone me yet - but they are working on it :).

• Industry: Performing Arts

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Robust, High Quality Software

ActivityHD has allowed my finance department to be efficient and flexible to the needs of the organization.

Pros

ActivityHD is extremely robust and provides accurate, up to the second reporting.

Cons

Because the software is so flexible and robust, the processes are not always the most straight forward. Training is required!

• Industry: Oil & Energy

HR Manager

We run a very complex payroll system. nQative was able to customize it to meet our needs.

Pros

Software can be customized to meet your company's need.

Cons

Calculation for various payroll codes can be very complex. Most individuals are not able to add them without assistance from nQativ

Top Activity HD Alternatives

Daniel P.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 12/12/2016

Great to work with

Easy to use and whenever I have a question, I get an immediate response - answering my question in 90% of the cases on the first reply.

Pros

Very easy to use, once it is set up. Easy to import and export massive amounts of data, whether it be employee based data or invoice/payment based data.

Cons

There are no basic templates to start up with. If you are starting from scratch, you must build everything from scratch. Chart of Accounts, Pay Codes, Financial Statements. Perhaps some predefined templates to choose from - at least to get started - for those that want to be more involved in the setup. nQativ does a great job setting it all up for you - but once again - you must know what you need and want.

Jeremiah M.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 12/12/2016

Everything you need in an Accounting System

I have been using Activity for about 3 years. It is by far my favorite accounting system. The payroll module is by far the best and most comprehensive in-house payroll system I have ever seen. We run 5 unions through it as well as a variety of different pay scenarios. There is also a built-in PO system that works for the entire organization. Everyone in my organization is trained on how to use and report out of Activity. The biggest drawback is its flexibility. I highly recommend this program, especially for Performing Arts companies.

Pros

Customer Service, Reporting, and customization.

Cons

It is very flexible and you need to know what you are doing when you set it up.

Brian R.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Extremely Flexible

Activity offers an extremely flexible and robust system. Their Payroll module in particular can handle any situation you throw at it. They have multiple reporting functionality, including in app views, pdf reports, data stream export to vba application (Excel, Word, etc.), and most recently OData streams powering their REST API. Their security is robust and flexible. They use VBA macros to power in app automation (called Bots) and Excel based data imports. Their customer service is fast, knowledgeable, and friendly. I couldn't be happier with an accounting system.

Matt C.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great Product for Company

Pros

A custom software that can be used for an entire company in all aspects of the accounting system. Including asset management, payroll, and bank rec. It ties back to the General Ledger account codes and is very easy to manipulate.

Cons

It can be tough to manage the formulas that handle the expressions and computations behind the scenes.

Melissa A.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Activity Review

Pros

I like that the software updates immediately and it's easy to export and import using Excel.

Cons

Inability to create a Trial Balance report for a group of specific cost centers.

Samantha B.

Reviewed on 20/04/2010

Flexible Payroll Processing

I strongly recommend their software for any company looking for flexibility and accuracy in reporting.

Pros

This system is very user friendly. Almost any problem or process issue I have thrown at Nqativ they have been able to solve inside their software. They have set up mutiple security features to allow for control implementation within the software as well as provide documentation to auditors for tracking. The system set up is in a format that the average user can understand and a more experienced user can make cahnges on their own as well. I think the best quality of the software is the customer support. Nqativ staff is available day or night and they make me feel as though every one of my issues is a priority not a nuisance. They have consistantly provided the type of support that makes this software invaluable to the end user.

Cons

The software is extremely flexible. This is a very good thing, but at times can be difficult for Nqativ to maintain all the variations. However, they are completely in tune with all of their sites.

Danielle M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 31/01/2017

Love it, great customer support.

Great for multi company business. Excellent customer support. Easy to use. Software is updated frequently.

Pros

Easy to update GL account.

Cons

Wish the input cells worked more like excel where you can use the up and down arrows.

William D.

Reviewed on 29/04/2010

I love it

Great software. I've been using Activity since version one (1) and highly recommend the product.

Pros

Easy to use; extremely capable & flexible; great support;
Meets needs of most business environments. Best product for the investment in software.

Each update/version offers more capability, features and ease of use.
This is the only software I have used where the upgrades are totally painless. All upgrade conversions are handled with virtually no manual work required. Compared to Great Plains and Solomon, which I have used, Activty is heavenly.

Cons

Some of the documentation a little vague as to where to fix warning and/or eror messages.

Kim M.

Reviewed on 01/02/2017

Assistant Controller

The product has many features, much more so than I use. It is not a user friendly product in my opinion, but all of the pieces are similar, so once you are used to it, it makes sense. Also, the support staff is incredible! They can teach you whatever y9ou need to know.

Brenda L.

Reviewed on 16/04/2010

Great program, fantastic customer support

Would recommend

Pros

NQativ support is fantastic
Progam is fairly easy to use

Cons

Getting reports exactly the way you want them is a little difficult
Updates always cause problems

Rizzalie B.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017

Customer Support is outstanding

Customer support is outstanding, however, there are a lot of features that is not possible in the system especially integration. There is other software who does better which is cheaper.

Jennifer M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Accounting Software Made for ALL Users

We have been with the ActivityHD family of companies for over 20 years, back when they were a DOS based software. The full packages is unmatched. We currently use all packages that the software offers, and run multiple companies in the software. Our payroll has been cut down from 2 days to 3 hours; I can now monitor our sales department through the contracts package; bank recs take minutes, not hours. I also rely on the security features that ActivityHD offers. Users can be restricted to certain packages, and then only limited parts inside that package. You never have to worry about a random user seeing payroll data, or any other sensitive information. ActivityHD is also pairing with other companies and providers to add addition services - like timekeeping and employee on-boarding - that integrates directly into the software. They are on the cutting edge of technology but keep a customer service level that is second to none.

Pros

ActivityHD is the most comprehensive accounting package out there. It is built for all aspects of your business, not just payroll, or general ledger. The ability to run purchase orders and contracts directly through the software and feed into your accounting suite is a game changer for the industry. The software is also easy enough for an entry level bookkeeper (or non-accounting staff) but offers reporting and features that the most demanding controller or CEO will find exceeds expectations. The software is also fully custom, allowing you to use a single piece, or the entire package. This is not an off-the-shelf purchase and you never hear from the company. From the sale, to the implementation, and to the random issues you have throughout the year, you are in constant contact with the ActivityHD team, and they become an extension of your business, and in some cases, valued friends.

Cons

I don't have any complaints - the programmers are open to any suggestion you have about the software, and are constantly upgrading based on those requests.

Judy W.
  • Industry: Banking

Payroll Software

Awesome!

Pros

My most favorite thing about Activity is the imports, City Bank has lots of extra benefits and the imports make my job so much easier. Not to mention as large as we are we need something that makes us more efficient, and the large amount of information that goes into each payroll the imports helps with errors.

Second favorite thing is the support Activity gives you, I never have to wait long when there is a problem on payroll and I need assistant. they always go beyond the call of duty to take care of you and a very timely manor. They are always very kind and they never make feel uneducated.

Cons

Leave Balance, I don't like that when swipeclock goes into payroll it allows a negative balance. There is a filter we have to use after each payroll to take care of negative balances. I also wish that we could get our swipeclock leave balance to be more like our payroll portal. Activity support group has been wonderful at helping us come up with ideas as swipeclock never had a leave balance before, with the help of Activity we now have one and our employees love it more so then the payroll portal. This con is working process so over all we have come along way and I greatful for the support team at Activity.

Diane E.
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 31/01/2017

The Customer Services is amazing!

Customer Service is what this company is about. Not only is the software incredible, but their customer service that backs it up is what counts for me. The response time to any email query is almost instant - and not a robot reply. Sometimes I feel like I'm their only customer! I bet they say the same thing! :)

I should clarify - the reason I contact customer support is for expanding my knowledge of the software. Not because it isn't working properly. Yes, there is a learning curve with this software - there are lots of details to learn but I think that's because its so powerful. There are sometimes quirks but the 'patches' come quicker than the user spots them.

My bank reconciliations are the easiest I've ever experienced, AP and AR reports are extremely detailed and very customizable. We recently started using the Asset module. We used to have a very cumbersome and very large excel spreadsheet - no more spreadsheet!

Updates and improvements are always happening and they listen to their customers needs and wishes.

Pros

The depth of what it can do.

Trevor T.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Activity is awesome!

I think it is a great program and I would recommend it to other financial professionals to implement in their work place. I don't think this program is as popular as it should be in the accounting world, but this is the program I have used most so it is hard for me to put it up against other accounting software's.

Pros

Activity is easy to navigate and have many great tools to make my job easy. It is the accounting software that I have used most in my short career, but I think it is amazing!

Cons

Sometimes when there are updates to the system functions will change in Activity and will cause problems for my daily tasks, but once I report these issues to the nQativ they are resolved quickly.

Maureen S.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

ActivityHD

Pros

Able to import large numbers of employees easily

Cons

Adding new segments to employees can be time consuming

Raechelle G.

Activity for Fairs

Activity has enabled the annual audit process to be less intrusive to my time. I enable auditors to have read access into our books during the field work time of the audit. The auditors are able to look into the system without me having to pull records for them to review. This invaluable feature allows me to continue with daily operations during the audit period and allows the Audit to be a less stressful experience!

Pros

I love the use of live data! The functionality of the software to generate financial statements within minutes is phenomenal! The ability of the system to reduce journal entries because of the accounts payable & account receivable systems to do accrual with the extra GL feature makes operations more efficient! I love that nQativ is constantly working with it's client base to look for improvements to the software to help clients make accounting of their company extremely efficient!

Cons

By no fault of the software, some users find it difficult to learn all the different modules and formulas. Maybe more training demos on the internet would help some new users on setting up their company and settings on their computers.

• Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 18/10/2018

Fantastically Functional

Great software and great people to support it!

Pros

This program has a depth of options and functionality that allow you to tailor it to your specific needs. The options that are there allow you to use the software other than just its intended use. It does accounting well but you can also use the software to track inventory, generate cases, maintain notes and client information as well as many other things. Support staff is very helpful and the developers work hard to continuously improve their product.

Cons

Would be nice if it had a dedicated CRM module.

Barbara P.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 01/03/2017

Team at nQative

We have been live on Activity for exactly 2 months. Aside from the normal "frustration" involved in any major software switch, it has been a good transition. The team that has guided us through this process has been amazing. They are pleasant, helpful, calming, knowledgeable and professional that know and love the product they represent. We have a complicated system with multiple cost centers within multiple departments and Activity, from the first months close, gave me everything I needed with the push of a button. If it was not built into the basic program, the transition team built it for me. I am very happy with my decision.

Pros

Flexibility. This software gives me everything I need. We import time from our time clock. Payrolls used to take over two hours, now they take about 10minutes. I love the reports I am able to pull down. I was concerned about being on the cloud - new experience for me, and thought it that it might not respond quickly or be secure but it is. I love the flexibility of being able to log in from remote locations with ease.

Cons

I think the terminology the software uses was the biggest confusion. If you have occasion need to do more than one payroll in a day, you have to go through a few hoops to get there. There are more steps to every process than I am used to, but, I have the flexibility to correct a coding error or void a transaction without making a journal entry which is wonderful.

Michelle P.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Activity HD is awesome

My overall experience with ActivityHD has been great. We used to use BusinessWorks and this is SO much better.

Pros

allowing multiple dates in one journal entry
the functionality - you can navigate around easily and can figure it out without using help mostly
the support team is excellent - they've walked me through several issues
having the fixed assets included in one program
having to merge - gives you time to review entries and correct them if need be before actual posting

Cons

getting the newest version of excel broke the financial design part - wouldn't run and we're still having issues getting around that

Debra S.

Easy & Intuitive to Use

Very surprised at how thorough this program is, considering the quantity of accounting programs available.

Pros

1 - ability to combine duplicate customers and/or accounts
2 - ability to develop reports intuitively

Cons

Without doing regularly, it's hard to figure out how to do some things - like creating filters & views as examples.

Katherine L.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 08/10/2018

Activity HD Review

Pros

It's ease of use, the ability to make it work for your companies specific needs.

Cons

1. That you can't sort a general ledger report by source.
2. That there is no capability to use AP functions in financial reports.