About Lucky Orange

Lucky Orange is a suite of conversion optimization tools designed to help businesses track and engage with visitors using heatmaps, dashboards, live chat, polls and more. Administrators can gain insights into problematic areas...

Browse Lucky Orange Reviews

Kevin S.
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

User friendly heatmap application

I make a lot of landing pages with subtle differences. Lucky Orange clearly indicates which elements attract clicks and how, and I can also watch recording of site visitors within the app. Extremely useful for testing content.

Pros

I had been aware of Lucky Orange and its purpose for some time before deciding to purchase it for our Shopify store. Heatmaps can easily be considered an essential piece of tracking software for an e-commerce site, and Lucky Orange does it well. Their analytics are mostly redundant because of Google Analytics, but for their speciality, LO is great. It visualizes visitor data into something to be interpreted and acted upon.

Cons

The current system of the heatmap loading over the page can confused people. Also, the heatmap is the big kahuna of Lucky Orange so don't hide it as some random tab! Some assume the app failed. Perhaps a more prominent indication of where the heatmap will go.

Shayne
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 23/04/2019

A range of useful optimization tools to help understand your customers better!

After using HotJar from the beginning of time, I recently stumbled upon LuckyOrange and helped my organization implement its' use immediately.

I enjoy learning and recording how our users interact with our website. LuckyOrange has opened my eyes to so many things that I didn't know about. In my opinion, LuckyOrange is the best tool out there for Quantitive research.

Pros

1) Set-up & Website Impact: LuckyOrange takes less than 10 minutes to set up and the best part is - It doesn't affect the speed of my site at all! I try my best to keep my site's loading speed under 3 seconds (for various reasons), so this is one of the many reasons why I choose to use LuckyOrange.

2) RealTime Tracking: LuckyOrange lets you see who's on your website and through which channel they found you.

3) Session Recordings: LuckyOrange makes recordings of your visitors' sessions. These recordings will provide you with a detailed playback of how people use and interact with your website. This feature helps me spot all aspects that are killing my conversions.

4) Data Interpretation: The analytical data and statistical reports that LuckOrange gives you is easy to understand and study.

5) Integrations: LuckyOrange seamlessly integrates with HubSpot and places the recordings directly on their respective contact timelines.

6) Identifying Abandonment: Conversion Funnels help you study the flow of your user navigation, ultimately helping you identify and solve abandonment issues.

7) Form Optimization: Form Analytics help you zero in on which part of your forms need to be optimized.

8) Chat Option: I already have a different chat client that I am currently using. However, for people who don't, LuckOrange gives you the ability to speak directly to your client in order to guide them through the conversion process, if necessary.

Cons

1) Redundant or Unnecessary Recordings: It would be nice if LuckOrange can allow you to delete unnecessary recordings.

2) New Tabs: It would be more convenient if new recordings open in a new tab.

Alexandra
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

More Features than I can wrap my head around-in a great way!

I have dabbled in lucky orange from time to time and always impressed with it. There is still so much to learn, but it is great!

Pros

I really appreciate the ease of use for someone like myself without a marketing background. My small family business has learned a lot about our website just by wandering around lucky orange

Cons

I really wish that the chat feature had a mobile option so we could chat with customers via an app on our phones. we would use the feature if it did. We can't afford to have someone at a desktop all the time.

Response from Lucky Orange

Wow, thank you for all the kind words! It's great to hear that you have discovered insights about your customers' behavior from exploring our app. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or if there's anything we can help you with. Happy tracking!

Top Lucky Orange Alternatives

Peter

Reviewed on 03/12/2022

Best video recording

Good

Pros

Their visitor video recording tool is the best on the market.

Cons

Luckyorange doesn't catch all of the visitors. Their UI was outdated, but now they changed it.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We're happy you find so much value in our Session Recording tool. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can help you with.

Replied 12/12/2022
Brett
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 01/11/2022

Phase3 - PEST STOP Lucky Orange review

Happy - will like to continue subscription going forward.

Pros

So far I am liking the clean user interface and the wordings / language is clear and helpful (and friendly) and the UX is easy to understand and engage and easy to find what features I am looking for.

Cons

The CART OVERVIEW in the Customer View is NOT showing if their is any products left / abandoned in the customer cart - this feature I understand you are working on and would be great to see.

Response from Lucky Orange

We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with our product and overall experience! Thank you for leaving us a five-star review and for sharing your feedback! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can help you with. Happy tracking!

Replied 29/11/2022
lora
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Insightful

n/a

Pros

helps to know exactly where your customers are coming from

Cons

Not really sure yet about the cons, it has been a helpful app.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you so much for leaving us a five-star review! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can help you with. Happy tracking!

Cesar
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

An Analytics tools that easier to use than GA.

So far we like the tool and its helped us get a more visually attractive way to view our site analytics compared to GA.

Pros

The dashboard customization along with creating user funnels for better tracking of users is important to us.

Cons

The polls is a great tool but very limited. Wish we could customize it to ask deeper questions based on their answers.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you so much for leaving us a five-star review! Using Funnels to understand where website visitors are experiencing problems with their experience on your site can make a huge difference in your bottom line. We're here if you need anything!

Replied 22/12/2022
Sam
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 21/12/2022

Essential for knowing what your customers are doing

Pros

It is great to easily see how people interact with your pages, I mostly use the heatmaps to see where people click and what percent make it to different sections on the page.

Cons

It can be a bit tricky to load the right segments sometimes but support got back to me within an hour and showed me how

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you for the five-star review and kind words! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else we can help you with. Happy tracking!

Replied 27/12/2022
Belinda

Reviewed on 07/12/2022

Insightful must have tool if you own a website.

Pros

The ease of use and real time data. The ability to view how visitors interact with my site to see my site through their lens and try to understand what worked, what didn't work to help make improvements.

Cons

The scroll function on the traffic viewing page.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you so much for the kind words! Understanding visitors' journey on your website is a great way to inform your website optimization strategy. We're here if you need anything!

Replied 13/12/2022
Amy
  • Industry: Banking
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Relevant data is easy to find

This tool is very helpful for a banking institution. Most users come to log into online banking, but with Lucky Orange, I can see what else piques their interest.

Pros

I love being able to see where users are clicking and where they may be getting a little lost. This is a great tool for UX and analytics.

Cons

I would love to be able to download the data in an easy way to present it to the board of directors.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you for leaving us a five-star review! Using CRO tools to discover pain points in the customer journey on your site can make a huge difference in your website optimization efforts.

Good news, recently, we launched the ability to download lucky orange data directly from the app to your computer. Here is a link to learn more: https://help-preview.luckyorange.com/article/441-export-lucky-orange-data . Happy tracking!

Adam

Reviewed on 21/04/2022

Great website monitoring and UX analysis tool at a great price

Easy to deploy, loads of features, great price.

Pros

Luckyorange is shockingly good value for money, with great features that exceed the competition, I honestly don't know how they do it.

Cons

In the recent update, there was some bugs/lag in screen loading but this is now largely resolved.

Reasons for Choosing Lucky Orange

Better product, better price.

Hotjar

Response from Lucky Orange

There's nothing quite like the feeling when you see exactly what's stopping more visitors from turning into customers. Instead of blindly trying to improve your website, you can isolate the issue and fix it by using Lucky Orange to see visitor behavior. Thank you for your review and don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything!

Replied 28/04/2022
George

Reviewed on 20/07/2022

Look no further

Overall the experience has been great

Pros

I like the interface and the responsiveness of the software, it is very accurate and the filters available give me great insights. The other thing that I love is the user profiles that monitor how many times the user has visited and on what devices etc.

Cons

For me I cannot fault lucky orange. I would like to be able to see further into the past (they have improved this with the latest update) but it's not a big deal.

Crazy Egg

Response from Lucky Orange

Wow, these are the words we love to hear! So glad that you've been able to discover valuable insights from our tools to optimize your website. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. Happy tracking!

Replied 25/07/2022
Kathy

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

Great software for analyzing traffic

Pros

This software has been a godsend when the need for troubleshooting reared its ugly head. We've used this on multiple occasions to identify or eliminate problems that were impacting sales. We had this "turned on" even when we weren't actively using it, and the info we are able to glean from the heat maps show us how to reformat our homepage for best customer experience. Also we use it to identify different shopping tendencies. Highly recommend Lucky Orange to anyone who has an eCommerce business that truly wants to be able to dig deeper in data in order to grow.

Cons

I had a difficult time disconnecting an old account for Lucky Orange, so between the 2 different versions it was tricky getting set up correctly. Unfortunately I waited until I was in the middle of troubleshooting after reinstalling (that was on me) so I wasn't able to tell if it was LO not working properly or my website. But customer service has always been EXCELLENT. This really isn't a complaint just don't do what I did and wait until you need it to have it live on your store.

Response from Lucky Orange

Wow! Love that Lucky Orange plays a role in the growth of your website! Understanding visitor behavior really makes all the difference. Thank you for this glowing review and recommendation. Our team is here should you need anything else!

Replied 29/07/2022

Reviewed on 30/03/2022

Best Value - Lots of features

Pros

The software is easy to setup and provides instant value. The heat maps and chat are incredible and the ability to watch users on your site helps you quickly determine what's wrong with your content/call to action.

Cons

The new interface needs email reporting, no other complaints.

Response from Lucky Orange

It sounds like you've been able to dive right into the insights and find ways to improve your website. Love to hear how getting that first-hand look at what customers do and experience can make such a difference for your store. Thank you for the review and don't hesitate to reach out should I or my team be able to assist you in any way.

Replied 01/04/2022
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 19/07/2022

Best value website monitoring service!

The portal is user-friendly and well-designed, and customer service is quick to respond!

Pros

I love that I can watch in real time and/or review after the fact. I can turn off "idle" time so that I can see how people were interacting without wasting my time watching long pauses. But at the same time I can see where people are pausing and try to figure out why.

Cons

There's nothing not to like about this software! If it were possible to have the recording start immediately, they would be nice but I believe this is just a limitation of the internet, so sometimes it takes a moment or two before recording starts.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you for such kind words! Watching sessions to discover pain points your customers are having and being able to address them is invaluable. Thanks again for sharing the Lucky Orange love, we're always here should you need anything!

Replied 25/07/2022
Fran

Reviewed on 20/06/2022

The best tool to understand your users

Pros

The possibility to view in real time what the users are visiting

Cons

Not fully compatible with all kind of browsers, for some specific versions the tracking don't work as well as usual.

Response from Lucky Orange

It makes our day when our users describe Lucky Orange as "the best tool to understand our users!" Being able to understand your visitors is invaluable, and we too love to watch visitors in real time. Regarding your browser compatibility feedback, could you please send an email to [email protected] describing your issue? I want to ensure our team can investigate it further. Thanks again for your review, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Replied 27/06/2022
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Reviewed on 14/07/2018

On of the best softwares for website improvement

Pros

It is one of the best softwares for website improvement, you can use it for funnels and recordings and for UX design.
In order tosee your sinkholes where your customers alrea leaving your checkout process.

Cons

The recordings may need improvement, depending on the device the user uses, the mobile it shows the desktop version of the site, but not always.

Yuri

Reviewed on 28/08/2018

New way to see how customers interact with my company's website

Pros

Until I knew this tool, I had no idea that there was something similar. Lucky Orange allowed a more careful analysis of my company's website, we began to analyze the days of major visits, heatmaps and frequency of visits, to determine the best moments to publish some sales.

Cons

At first we had difficulty to understand that we would need to disable the IP's of the internal PC's of the University, not to have "false numbers". This caused some confusion, but nothing that would hinder the use of the tool.

Jutta
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 03/08/2022

Great software

This software is certainly helping me fixing my online store and making it better from day to day!

Pros

This software helps me spot the possible mistakes or malfunctions in our online store. I have changed numerous things on the store because of noticing them on Lucky Orange.

Cons

I don't have enough time to watch it all :-D

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you for the five-star review and recommendation! So glad you've been able to discover key insights about your visitor's behavior and make meaningful changes. As you continue to dive deeper into optimizing your website, please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can help you with!

Replied 04/08/2022
katie

Reviewed on 29/04/2020

A Great Snapshot Of Our Site

Pros

Lucky Orange's daily email updates are a great way to stay informed about traffic to our site. Their chat has allowed us to connect with consumers in real time and to provide them invaluable support and critical information, and their recordings have helped us identify performance issues on our site. Their customer service team is also incredibly responsive and helpful.

Cons

We have not experienced any significant issues while working with Lucky Orange.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you for this five-star review, Katie! Love to hear that you've been able to get so much value from our daily email updates, live chat and recordings. It sounds like you've been able to dive right into the insights and find ways that improve your website and customer experience. Being able to understand your customers to make improvements that clear up navigation pain points and create a better experience is extremely rewarding. Don't hesitate to reach out should I or my team be able to assist you in any way. Happy tracking!

Replied 05/05/2020
Ricky
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 28/04/2021

My Lucky Orange review

na

Pros

I love the ease of use and overall accurate analytics

Cons

only stores up to 30 days of reviews, would be nice to have at least 1 year to get a better understanding of trends

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you for your review, Ricky! Seeing exactly what your visitors and customers do and experience on your website can make all the difference in improving your website and growing your business. We also provide extended data storage plans that can store your data for up to a year, and I'm here to chat if you want to learn more. Thank you for letting us be a part of your website's journey, and we look forward to continuing to work with you!

Replied 29/04/2021
Kevin
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 10/06/2022

review from [email protected]

optimize my website
find valued visitor

Pros

His website monitoring was the reason I used this software in the first place, so that I could optimize my website in a more targeted way. After using it, I found that his page dwell time feature is very good and allows me to find valuable visitors.
But for some reason, the new version doesn't have this feature.

Cons

Add the "time on page" feature in the new version

Response from Lucky Orange

These are words that we love to hear, Kevin! The more you learn about your visitors and what they experience, the more you can spot those conversion potholes and address them before they cost you more sales. We appreciate the time you took to write this review and share the Lucky Orange love. We're here if you have any questions!

Replied 17/06/2022
Akshay
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 13/09/2018

Track Visitors to Site with Accuracy

I had to test a lot of softwares before I finally landed upon Lucky Orange, and it delivered everything I asked for. Using the real time statistics, I was able to revise the landing page and generate more leads( an increase of 45%).

Pros

1. Lets you track website visitors as per the region/device etc
2. The best feature of the Lucky Orange is that it records user sessions to help the marketing team understand what feature etc needs to be present where.
3. Similar to the second point, dynamic heatmaps provide data on the user movement on the screen(lets you design the webpage accordingly, A/B test CTA buttons) and so on
4. Keep tracks of conversion funnel and other metrics in real time

Cons

1. Because I had read up on the product long back and knew what I was looking for, it wasn't complicated for me. However, the website could use a bit of redesign to give it a more relaxed appeal.
2. Dashboard needs a little tweaking from UI/UX perspective

Reviewed on 13/06/2022

Lucky Orange

Lucky Orange is a simple and affordable software that can really assist you.

Pros

Lucky Orange is easy to use and easy to teach. It helps me to check the traffic and to understand the user's behavior.

Cons

I have been using Lucky orange for over 6 years and I didn't find anything bad about it until now.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Diving into visitor behavior to identify ways to improve your Website is invaluable to growing your business. We appreciate your review. Let us know if you have any questions!

Replied 17/06/2022
  • Industry: Executive Office

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Orange you glad you use heatmaps (and more)

I have loved this software and am considering adding it to all of our organization's websites for the upcoming year. It is reasonably priced and you get so much out of it for both web and marketing strategies. It had helped build a much richer story beyond our Google Analytics dashboards!

Pros

I love pretty much everything about Lucky Orange from the heatmaps to the Hubspot integration. We have used it briefly to see how it might help us with content strategy and correcting some website navigation issues, however, the marketing potential with this tool is pretty great. We are considering how this can help us reach and connect with our visitors.

Cons

It feels invasive (on behalf of the visitor) at first. There's a lot revealed in watching users in real-time. The information we've learned has been crucial to fixing our website though. A strong and transparent privacy policy is a must with this product.