Lucky Orange Reviews

About Lucky Orange

Lucky Orange is a suite of conversion optimization tools designed to help businesses track and engage with visitors using heatmaps, dashboards, live chat, polls and more. Administrators can gain insights into problematic areas...

Browse Lucky Orange Reviews

George
George

Reviewed on 20/07/2022

Look no further

Overall the experience has been great

Pros

I like the interface and the responsiveness of the software, it is very accurate and the filters available give me great insights. The other thing that I love is the user profiles that monitor how many times the user has visited and on what devices etc.

Cons

For me I cannot fault lucky orange. I would like to be able to see further into the past (they have improved this with the latest update) but it's not a big deal.

Hotjar

Crazy Egg

Response from Lucky Orange

Wow, these are the words we love to hear! So glad that you've been able to discover valuable insights from our tools to optimize your website. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. Happy tracking!

Replied 25/07/2022
Quynh
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

The heatmapping and website analysis tool you need for your business

It has been quite good and was a good transition away from another provider we used to have that didn't really give us the information we needed.

Pros

I like that it provides a very easy display of your heatmapping so that you can make changes and adjustments to your site/landing pages for better conversion.

Cons

The funnel feature doesn't seem to work at all. It doesn't accurately track how far people make it through your funnel...and the data retention that Lucky Orange has is quite minimal. It'd be great if we could see data that extends beyond 60 days...

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you for your review, Quynh! We love that you’ve been able to gain so much insight from our tools! Heatmaps are a powerful way to see where people interact with your website. Visitor behavior really makes a huge difference in your conversion optimization efforts.

Regarding your cons, could you please reach out to [email protected] referencing this review? Lucky Orange offers extended data storage beyond 60 days, and we would be happy to walk you through it. Additionally, we would like to investigate what you’re experiencing with our conversion funnels. Simply send us an email to get the ball rolling. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Replied 02/02/2024
Josh
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 29/05/2024

Great insight for user behaviours

Overall, great! Grateful for the valuable insight I gain, even though I am not using it to it's full potential yet.

Pros

I like being able see the decision making process users were using when navigating the site.

Cons

I had to watch tutorials and sit in on a webinar to understand how to use it. Would have likes a Starter Tutorial for Dummies. I am a novice and the service was recommended by our developer.

Response from Lucky Orange

We appreciate the time you took to leave us a review, Josh! Love that you’ve been able to gain so much insight from watching visitors. Getting the front row seat to what people experience makes all the difference. Regarding your feedback for a starter tutorial, we provide all users with a free walkthrough with one of our experts to help you get to know Lucky Orange, how to get the most out of our features and answer any questions you have. We would be happy to get your walkthrough scheduled, so please reply to my last email to get that booked! You’ll be able to find the best time that works in your schedule. Again, thank you for your review, and don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything in the meantime!

Cheers - Justin from Lucky Orange

Replied 06/06/2024

Top Lucky Orange Alternatives

Stephen
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 06/12/2022

Lucky Orange is a Critical Tool at a Great Price

I've only had to contact customer support one time and they were very quick to respond and resolve my issue. They seem like a talented group of people. Very professional and excellent customer service.

Pros

What I like most is that I can watch my potential customers sessions exactly from their perspective while they are on my site. Doing so makes obvious the differences between where I thought a customer would go verses where they are actually going. This helps me determine what changes and improvements I need to make. It identifies errors that I didn't know were happening. It shows me areas where customers have trouble finding things or navigating. I also love the live view feature and can watch customer's sessions from their perspective in real time. I've been able to walk users through things.

Cons

The videos sometimes don't load well for me or I have to keep clicking the play button. That could be because I'm using FireFox on a VPN with very heavy threat protection. Despite that, the playback is adequate and I have not pursued a resolution to that issue. Still totally worth it. Although the video information is critical and extremely helpful, it actually can seem torturous and highly annoying to watch customer sessions because they click all over the place other than what I want them to click on. I can't watch that for very long and sometimes my customers will be on my site for close to an hour before they buy. I only really watch sessions where the user visited more than 3 pages.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you for leaving us a review! Using live Session Recordings and Chat to direct your website visitors is a great way to understand where they might have trouble navigating your site. Using a VPN is likely why you are running into problems while viewing Sessions. If you send us an email to Support@luckyorange, we can ensure there isn't something else at play. Happy tracking!

Replied 12/12/2022

Reviewed on 09/04/2024

An easy tool to understand your website performance

Overall, this is a great tool that helps us a lot in measuring the performance of our website.

Pros

I like the simplicity of setting it up and the clear visualization of the data.

Cons

I didn't like the funnel-building experience, as it has been a bit too complicated for me.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thanks for leaving us a review! We love to hear that Lucky Orange has been the tool you need to dive into visitor insights to understand what they are doing and experiencing on your website. Google Analytics is a great tool, but you’re left to connect the analytic “dots” to make sense of your traffic. Lucky Orange paints the entire picture for you instead! Regarding your comments about funnels, I would be more than happy to walk you through our funnels, how to set them up and how to understand the results. Simply reply to my last email to set up a time to meet. I look forward to hearing from you, and thanks again for your review!

Replied 12/04/2024

Reviewed on 27/06/2023

Great tool

Pros

I love that I can watch my customer journeys in real time. It's so helpful for UX design, product development and buyer intent tracking.

Cons

I wish I didn't have to pay for it because I'm an early-stage start-up but it's a service worth paying for.

Google Analytics 360

Reasons for Switching to Lucky Orange

I was recommended Lucky Orange by an E-commerce specifalist

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that watching real-time customer journeys has been helpful for your UX design, product development, and buyer intent tracking. Providing you with actionable insights is what we aim for. Thanks again for your review, and happy tracking!

Replied 30/06/2023
Karen
  • Industry: E-Learning
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 19/06/2024

Nice Heatmaps & Funnel Stats

Pros

The heatmaps are awesome because they show exactly where users are most engaged across desktop, tablet and mobile devices. The funnel completion stats are another highlight—they clearly show where people are dropping off in the process. Overall, Lucky Orange makes it easy to understand and enhance user experience, leading to better conversions.

Cons

I think one area with some room for improvement is the scroll screenshots. Sometimes they don’t load correctly and can take a while to generate, which can be a bit inconvenient.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thanks for sharing the Lucky Orange love! Heatmaps and conversion funnels offer so much valuable insight to help you improve your website. Getting that front row experience to see how your customers use your website makes all the difference in growing your business! Regarding scroll screenshots, could you please send an email to [email protected]? We want to research your experience and gather your feedback. Our team values user feedback like yours, and we would appreciate it! Thanks for your review, and we're here if you need anything!

Cheers - Jordan from Lucky Orange

Replied 27/06/2024
Alakh

Reviewed on 28/05/2024

Great product

Pros

The daily reports that we receive gives a great overview.

Cons

Nothing that we have least liked about the lucky orange so far, great add on.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you for your review! Seeing exactly what your visitors and customers do and experience on your website through session recordings and heatmaps can make all the difference in improving your website and growing your business. We are glad to be a part of your website's journey and look forward to continuing to work with you! Thanks again for your review!

Cheers - Kelsey from Lucky Orange

Replied 14/06/2024
Tori
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 18/06/2024

Works well with Shopify

Pros

The filters. They make it super easy for us to filter what we need.

Cons

Sometimes the contents need to deleted, this can get tedious.

Response from Lucky Orange

These are words we love to hear! Seeing what your customers experience in real time can give you the insight you need to address their needs quickly and prevent any barriers to conversion. Filters let you quickly narrow down to find specific segments of customers. We love it too! Regarding content that needs to be deleted, could you please send an email to [email protected] referencing this review? We want to better understand what you're deleting and see if there's a better solution that can reduce the tedious task of deleting content. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Replied 27/06/2024
Ian
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 30/05/2024

Great tool

Pros

It's easy to set up and the 'Visitors Overview' has a pretty clear overview.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while to load up a session. Can be frustrating when you're checking a few sessions one after the other.

Response from Lucky Orange

These are words we love to hear, Ian! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Regarding your issues with sessions taking a long time to load, could you please send an email to [email protected]? Our team would be happy to investigate it further. Thanks again for your review, and we're here if you need anything!

Cheers - Kelsey from Lucky Orange

Replied 31/05/2024
Sayam

Reviewed on 15/04/2020

Great value for marketeers with limited time and budget

I was looking for a simple and affordable tech to help assist our conversion optimization goals. Honestly, I did test out its competitors like VWO and Optimizely which are certainly loaded with some great features, glorified UI and excellent support, but all that also accompanies hefty monthly subscription cost and implementation time. If your marketing goals are clear and you want the product to start getting the job done fast and efficient, Lucky orange is your value for money.

Pros

I came across Lucky Orange while browsing on the internet for tools to help assist our conversion optimization goals. I decided to give it a shot and was already impressed by how simple they made its setup and get started. Took me 10 minutes to link it up with our landing pages and another 10 to setup the dashboard. The recordings feature is great, but the quality of the live view of visitors on website is phenomenal. I love the dashboard, especially the ability to create multiple funnels and observe their performances through their daily or weekly auto-generated reports via email.

Cons

It's quite evident that UI isn't their most important focus. It's definitely trailing in the branding game of today's b2b saas products. But if one is ok to overlook the glorification of software elements, the core of the product is strong and gets the job done. It skipped tagging from some recordings from time to time, but I reached out to their support team and they immediately helped us fix it.

VWO Insights

Response from Lucky Orange

Thanks for the review, Sayam! We're thrilled you've been able to leverage Lucky Orange to help improve your website and drive more conversions. Having your website statistics and visitor behavior in one tool helps your business make the best decisions for your customers. Thank you for this five-star review! Happy tracking!

Cheers - Justin from Lucky Orange

Replied 25/04/2020
Aaron

Reviewed on 24/01/2024

Effortless Setup and Valuable Features

My overall experience with Lucky Orange has been largely favorable. Its ease of use combined with powerful features like screen recording and GA4 integration make it a valuable tool in my analytics arsenal. The occasional non-displaying screen recordings and the absence of bot identification are areas for improvement, but they don't overshadow the positive impact Lucky Orange has had on my ability to monitor and enhance user engagement on my website.

Pros

The setup process for Lucky Orange is remarkably straightforward, eliminating any technical hassle right from the start.
Navigating through its features is intuitive, making it accessible even for those who are not as tech-savvy.
The screen recording functionality stands out as a particularly useful feature, allowing for an in-depth understanding of user interactions, and I find myself utilizing it frequently.
Integration with Google Analytics 4 is seamless, providing a robust way to feed detailed analytics directly for comprehensive data analysis.

Cons

A notable hiccup is the occasional failure of screen recordings to display, which can interrupt the flow of user experience analysis.
Additionally, the lack of a feature to identify and filter out bot traffic on the site is felt, as it would enhance the accuracy of the data collected.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thanks for your review, Aaron! We are thrilled to hear that you have been impressed with our easy installation, setup, integrations with GA4, and features. At Lucky Orange, we strive to provide valuable visitor behavior insights to users of all technical backgrounds. Regarding your comments about session recordings, could you please send an email to our team at [email protected] referencing this review? There are many reasons why data wasn’t captured, such as a visitor leaving the site or moving to a different webpage before our code fully loads. Our team would be happy to look at what you’re experiencing in greater detail. Additionally, we appreciate your feedback about filtering out bots. We value your feedback and have already shared this with our development team. Again, thank you for your review, and don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

Replied 25/04/2024
Raffaele

Reviewed on 17/11/2023

Great App

Pros

I love being able to see recording in real time. It really help businesses focusing on understanding customer journey and view an issue that need attention. I strongly suggest any e-com business to use this app!

Cons

So far no negative comes. I still want to take advantage of the segmenting features but I need to scale my business first.

Response from Lucky Orange

We love to hear that getting a front seat to your customers’ online interactions has been just what you needed to grow your conversions and business. Our team is always here to help, and we’re thrilled we were able to impress you with both of our support and technology. Thanks for this five-star review, and happy tracking!

Replied 20/11/2023
Brian
Brian

Reviewed on 22/03/2019

Lucky Orange - what we didn't know we were missing

We had been using a free customer chat experience that allowed us to see what page the customer was on without being able to see what they were doing live. We had just been having a ton of problems with the shopping cart of our WooCommerce store and thought we would look for other solutions that would give us more. That is where Lucky Orange entered the picture. From day 1, we knew this was helping us out. The ability to get a live view of what the customers were seeing enabled us to start fixing the problems we were having right away. We got to a point where we could have an audible notification of someone adding something to the cart, go in and check if it was working, and if not fix it before the customer even knew they were having a problem. Furthermore, the chat function is a lot more available and present than what we had been having before so we are getting many more chats than previously. This all helps our conversion rate which has improved greatly. Thank you

Pros

To be honest we didn't know what we were missing. We had been using a different customer chat solution in the past (which was free) but didn't give us much more information than that. The ability that this has to allow us to see what is actually going on has enabled us to provide much better technical support. In addition, we have been able to see what is going on and fix it before even the customer knows something was even going on. The Dashboard feature is a great way to get a quick overview of how the day is going as well.

Cons

I wish there was a bit more to it. Don't we all wish we had more. I just took over the social media accounts at work and was thinking that more dashboards with more social media capabilities would be nice. Although this is not the only reason to have the software, it would be nice to have in addition to how it is already saving us.

Peter

Reviewed on 22/08/2023

An initial assessment of Lucky Orange

Pros

In a quick review I found LO to be the most insightful tool to teach me how to optimize my website. Now that I am embarking on a joint project with Google, it is the first place I went to help me track and understand progress.

Cons

None, there is more functionality than I know how to use at the moment so heavily dependent on support, who have been great.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review, Peter! I'm excited to hear that you've been able to get so much from Lucky Orange and gaining better insight into what your visitors are experiencing. Lucky Orange has an incredible depth of data depending on what you want to analyze. You can stick with the 30,000 foot view to look at the broader view of your visitor behavior or dive into see the trees with detailed views of specific visitors. I can't wait to see how Lucky Orange helps you grow your business! Thanks again for your review, and we're here if you have any questions!

Replied 25/08/2023
Kathy

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

Great software for analyzing traffic

Pros

This software has been a godsend when the need for troubleshooting reared its ugly head. We've used this on multiple occasions to identify or eliminate problems that were impacting sales. We had this "turned on" even when we weren't actively using it, and the info we are able to glean from the heat maps show us how to reformat our homepage for best customer experience. Also we use it to identify different shopping tendencies. Highly recommend Lucky Orange to anyone who has an eCommerce business that truly wants to be able to dig deeper in data in order to grow.

Cons

I had a difficult time disconnecting an old account for Lucky Orange, so between the 2 different versions it was tricky getting set up correctly. Unfortunately I waited until I was in the middle of troubleshooting after reinstalling (that was on me) so I wasn't able to tell if it was LO not working properly or my website. But customer service has always been EXCELLENT. This really isn't a complaint just don't do what I did and wait until you need it to have it live on your store.

Response from Lucky Orange

Wow! Love that Lucky Orange plays a role in the growth of your website! Understanding visitor behavior really makes all the difference. Thank you for this glowing review and recommendation. Our team is here should you need anything else!

Replied 29/07/2022
Julie

Reviewed on 18/03/2024

Useful Tool

A worthwhile tool that can help, but the cost has risen sharply enough to think about surviving without it in the future.

Pros

Ability to see when customers are having trouble.

Cons

The large increase in fees recently. Not all visitor traffic is showing for one of my websites.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thanks for your feedback, Julie. Love that you’re able to use Lucky Orange to see when and where your customers experience issues. Regarding your tracking discrepancies, there are many reasons this could be happening: https://help-preview.luckyorange.com/article/275-faq-why-some-visitors-aren-t-tracked.

Regarding your pricing feedback, Lucky Orange continues to evolve to bring you more features and scale with you as your business grows. Over the last year we’ve launched multiple question surveys, optimizable segments and a new Optimizely integration among other features. This is in addition to the 20+ features that are included with every Lucky Orange plan.

I would be happy to give you a personal tour of our newest features, address your tracking discrepancies and collect your pricing feedback. Use this link to find the best time in your schedule for this tour: https://calendly.com/esmith1214/15min. I look forward to connecting soon.

Best Regards - Emilia from Lucky Orange

Replied 20/03/2024
Curran
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 04/05/2022

I love Lucky Orange!

Love it!

Pros

I use LuckyOrange daily to check my traffic and what my users are doing on my marketing site and within our app. Helps me keep a pulse on where traffic is coming from and lets me figure out important metrics like our unique visitor -> trial conversion rate.

Cons

I have a lot of websites that I track so I wish pricing was based on overall traffic number and not how many sites you have. I would use the tool more if sites weren't so limited.

Response from Lucky Orange

And we love helping our customers learn more about visitor experience to grow their websites and businesses! Thank you for your review, Curran! Getting that front row experience to see how your customers use your website makes all the difference in growing your business. We appreciate your feedback and have shared it with the team. Thanks again for your review, and don't hesitate to reach out should I or my team be able to assist you in any way.

Replied 12/05/2022
Martin
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 01/05/2023

Satisfied with the app

Pros

I like the fact that you can view live visitors, view they're live shopping carts ect.

Cons

Sometimes it does not give a picture of the recording and seems like it misses some of the recording

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you so much for your review! Love to hear that we can wow you with our technology, especially with our Live View and Session Recordings. Nothing feels better than finding ways that make your customer experience better than ever. We appreciate your feedback on your experience, and we've shared it with our team to resolve those issues. Thanks for sharing the Lucky Orange love, and we're always here should you need anything!

Replied 11/05/2023
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 18/04/2023

Simple Analytics

Overall, I've had a good experience with Lucky Orange.

Pros

I like the user interface of the software. It's easy to navigate and has options to customize what you are viewing.

Cons

Sometimes views aren't captured if the visitor clicks around your site too quickly. There is also a delay at times when watching views from visitors in live mode.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you for your positive review of Lucky Orange! Love to hear that you've had a good experience with Lucky Orange and that you find our user interface easy to navigate. There really is nothing like seeing exactly what people are experiencing to help you make improvements that drive more sales and happier customers. Thank you so much for this great review, and we wish you continued success! Don't hesitate to reach out should we be able to offer any assistance.

Replied 24/04/2023
Kevin S.
Kevin S.
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

User friendly heatmap application

I make a lot of landing pages with subtle differences. Lucky Orange clearly indicates which elements attract clicks and how, and I can also watch recording of site visitors within the app. Extremely useful for testing content.

Pros

I had been aware of Lucky Orange and its purpose for some time before deciding to purchase it for our Shopify store. Heatmaps can easily be considered an essential piece of tracking software for an e-commerce site, and Lucky Orange does it well. Their analytics are mostly redundant because of Google Analytics, but for their speciality, LO is great. It visualizes visitor data into something to be interpreted and acted upon.

Cons

The current system of the heatmap loading over the page can confused people. Also, the heatmap is the big kahuna of Lucky Orange so don't hide it as some random tab! Some assume the app failed. Perhaps a more prominent indication of where the heatmap will go.

Jayson

Reviewed on 26/01/2024

This is a game changer when optimizing sales pages

My experience has been great so far and I am happy with the service.

Pros

It was super simple to get setup and the interface is easy to follow and navigate. I love the data it provides to help me optimize my sales pages.

Cons

Sometimes I feel that it doesn't record all the visitors as I would like, but there very well could be other factors dictating that and not dependent on Lucky Orange.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thanks for leaving us a review! We love when our users call Lucky Orange a “game changer!” Optimizing your website and sales pages shouldn’t be difficult, and visitor behavior gives you that insider look at the data you need. Regarding not all visitors being recorded, there are a number of reasons that can impact this. Reasons include the visitor blocking themselves for increased privacy, bot traffic, older browsers and extensions. Here’s a help doc to learn more: https://help-preview.luckyorange.com/article/275-faq-why-some-visitors-aren-t-tracked, and we’re happy to help if you have any additional questions. Thanks again for sharing the Lucky Orange love, and we’re here should you need anything!

Cheers - Jordan from Lucky Orange

Replied 30/01/2024
Matt

Reviewed on 19/07/2022

Great Value

It has been an affordable solution for our small business.

Pros

I love being able to chat with site visitors, answer their questions and suggest resources for them.

Cons

It is very difficult to set up funnels that work and you can’t make cross-platform funnels at all.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you for the review and feedback! Utilizing customer feedback tools to help visitors navigate your site can make all the difference in increasing conversion rates. Please reach out to us if there's anything we can help you with!

Cheers - Bradley with Lucky Orange

Replied 25/07/2022
Fran

Reviewed on 20/06/2022

The best tool to understand your users

Pros

The possibility to view in real time what the users are visiting

Cons

Not fully compatible with all kind of browsers, for some specific versions the tracking don't work as well as usual.

Response from Lucky Orange

It makes our day when our users describe Lucky Orange as "the best tool to understand our users!" Being able to understand your visitors is invaluable, and we too love to watch visitors in real time. Regarding your browser compatibility feedback, could you please send an email to [email protected] describing your issue? I want to ensure our team can investigate it further. Thanks again for your review, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Replied 27/06/2022
Sotiris

Reviewed on 03/07/2023

Lucky Orange

Pros

The best app out there and the most cheap to start over.

Cons

No nothing.I dont have anything to say that i dont like in lucky orange .

Response from Lucky Orange

We're delighted to hear that you find Lucky Orange to be the best app out there and affordable to start with! We're glad there's nothing you don't like about our tool. Thank you for your positive review and for choosing Lucky Orange! We're here should you need anything!

Replied 06/07/2023