About Sharpen

Sharpen’s cloud-native platform is a SaaS contact center solution for midsize to large enterprise businesses. As an all-in-one solution, the platform provides businesses the ability to communicate with customers by SMS, MMS, live...

Browse Sharpen Reviews

Catharine S.

Reviewed on 24/09/2015

Love the capabilities, and the customer service.

PROS -
BEST customer service. Very responsive, and work to resolve issues. Worked with another company before and had to deal with foreign customer service we were barely able to understand. Often had to sit on the phone for up to 6 or 8 hours before things were resolved.

Love the dashboard where we can see who is on the phone before dialing our team. However, we have to refresh the screen - it is not real time on its own.

CONS -
Not an easy system to learn. It is very complicated. Other system was far easier, but tons and tons of connection issues, and the nightmare of customer service was worth the change. This being said, we have a fairly complicated routing pattern, so for something more straightforward, I'm sure this will be much easier for other companies.

Elizabeth H.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 22/03/2016

Fathom Rocks!

Pros

I like the customer support the best. I seem to never stop having questions. They are always so friendly and helpful.

Cons

Sometimes when I am out and about it is inconvenient that I cannot call out from my office phone. This comment is not necessarily targeted at Fathom. I think this would be the same for any company that offers a physical VOIP phone.

Randy S.

Reviewed on 24/09/2015

Great phone service...great customer service!

I have used VoIP phone service since 2010. It cut my regular business phone bill by almost 2/3. Then I heard about Fathom which was an enterprising upstart company here in the Indianapolis area. (I wanted the chance to work with someone locally rather than a toll free helpline in Utah.)

So I made the switch to Fathom about 2 years ago. I've been very happy with both their phone service and their customer service. I'm not very technologically literate so I require a lot of help with navigating the website/dashboard. They've all been very patient with me and they've always solved my problems.

No complaints here; I recommend them to everybody!

Top Sharpen Alternatives

Shirley B.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 25/08/2015

Complete Solution

Fathom Voice has been ideal for us, connecting our entire remote-based team seamlessly across multiple states. Having the option of using the soft phone on the computer or a Polycom phone on the desk gives us the flexibility to meet everyone’s needs. Fathom Voice provides the feature-rich functionality and scalability needed for future growth.

Nico P.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Best VOIP in the game.

Fathom Voice is an awesome company! Not only does their product work, their employees create a culture that makes businesses, like ours, want to work with them. Ashlee Garwood, in particular, is always helpful with an attitude to provide the best customer service at all times. Outstanding representative, outstanding product, and outstanding company.

Tracy S.
  • Industry: Sports

Accessibility

I like fathom because I love being able to access and listen to my voicemail without having to call a 800 number, and enter my password etc before I can get my message. Fathom saves me a lot of valuable time and frustration and I love that.

Rick C.

Reviewed on 30/09/2015

After 6 months, we're very pleased with Fathom's clear sound, reliable equipment and service.

The "pros" are in the summary. The only 'con' is slightly un-intuitive software, resulting in slow customization of the system. That's greatly out-weighed by the system's clarity, portability (love 'follow me') and reliability.

Shirley S.

Reviewed on 24/09/2015

Very convenient that my voice mail is sent to my email when I am out of the office or...

Pros: Ease of access, the length of the voice mail is indicated, and avoiding dialing in to my desk phone. Voice mail can be replayed with greater volume if the caller has a soft voice.

Cons: No particular issues.

Brian L.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 25/08/2015

One stop solution

We needed a system that could allow our remote teams to painlessly stay connected while providing core communications functionality. Lots of providers out there with pieces of what we needed, but struggled to find it all in one package that was affordable and actually worked right. Actually didn't get any complaints from the team.

Pros

Easy to use and provided the full suite of functions we needed. Remote access across the country was great. Option to use soft phone on laptop with Polycom phone on desk also great. Automated workflow for agents was superb and our service manager was able to set up, implement, and manage without a lot of training or consulting.

Cons

No real cons to speak of. Would love to see them come out with their own CRM, though the integration with salesforce has been great.

Don G.

Reviewed on 28/08/2015

Review from Don at J S Ruiz Realty, Inc.

"I like the user friendly way it works. It is no problem for me to push the admin button and set myself up with office phones when it is my day on phones. No need to depend on my office." This means I can be totally independent from needing administrative assistance on weekends when no one is at the office...just the way it should be.

Benjamin M.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

FATHOM FAN

Fathom Voice as VoIP service is far more cost effective than having a regular phone. I found many service providers who offered low rates and excellent service plans, making it difficult to decide on the best one. After meeting with multiple companies I was introduced to Inside Sales Consultant Shelby Weeks. Shelby's overall product/service knowledge and straight forward approach, made me feel like I was speaking with an old friend, not a salesman. My then difficult decision was made easy. Our company now uses what I believe to the best VoIP company in the industry, Fathom Voice. Thank you again for all of your help.

Pros

Fathom Friday's!!!!!

Elizabeth H.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 26/08/2015

Fathom is so much more than a Phone Service Option!

When I first started my business back in January, a colleague suggested that I sign up for Fathom Voice. At the time I was using Google Voice and could not imagine why I would want to invest in a service when I was getting another for free. You may be wondering the same thing. Let me tell you, it is worth it! Fathom Voice has added an extra level of professionalism to my business which, in my humble opinion, Google Voice, did not offer. I can set limits on when my phone is answered which helps me stick to my boundaries with clients. I want to serve people but have to have time to get the work done that they have retained me to do. Fathom Voice allows you to set up multiple messages if you are away or gone for a week. The phone service has brought my business to the next level. This is more than a phone service though. Why or how? Their customer support staff is amazing and out of this world! I can call with a multitude of questions, which I may have at any given moment and they are quick to respond. They are eager to help! It almost feels as though I have added someone to my team, even though they are not a part of my business. They are incredible and I highly recommend them to anyone looking to add an extra level of professionalism to their business!

Pros

1) I am able to set times (9 a.m. - 6 p.m.) during which my phone will ring
2) I can set up my phone to ring to my cell phone if I am out of the office.
3) The customer support staff is amazing! Shelby Weeks, on the front line, is incredibly patient and knowledgeable. Ryan Wharton and Britton Beaumont, in the technical support department, are always eager to help. In the event that any of these amazing people do not know the answer they are always open to doing research for me.
4) When I get a voicemail, it is sent to me as an attachment to an email. I like this because I can listen to my messages even when I am not in my physical office.

Cons

1) Unlike Google voice that goes everywhere, you cannot take your physical office desk phone everywhere. This is just the nature of having a physical desk phone.
2) Unlike Google voice, Fathom has yet to figure out how to not only receive texts from clients but also send them. At this point, I can receive texts but cannot send them. You can do this with Google Voice. I have shared this concern with the Fathom support team and they are working on it. I am sure that they will find a solution soon!
3) When you get a text message, unlike a voicemail, you do not get an email notification telling you that you have a text. This can be problematic if your clients send you texts. I have told the Fathom Support Team about this and they are working on it! I am sure that they will have a solution soon!

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

A Robust Call Center Platform

Pros

Sharpen provides a robust platform for taking a sorting calls. In my experience, the program is easily accessible from our case management platform or from a computer application. When taking a call the program displays caller information in an easily accessible manner.

Cons

My department's transition from our previous call software has been rough. Frequently the software's integration with our case management platform fails and information is lost or not transferred correctly.

Manis C.

Great customer service

Our company transitioned to Fathom Voice as our service provider when we decided to switch to a VoIP system. It was a very efficient process and we are now able to stay connected when we are out of the office. We have been very pleased with the great support, and prompt service that we always receive. Their entire staff is committed to providing excellent customer service, which makes it enjoyable to work with them. I would highly recommend Fathom Voice, I think they are an outstanding company!

Elizabeth F.

Reviewed on 25/09/2015

Main user in our office as receptionist

It's nice to work with most of the time. When I check voicemail manually, sometimes the right buttons send me elsewhere in the system if I have already been through 10 messages. I really like the concept of being able to use the company system on a personal phone or through the computer to de-clutter the workspace, though as the receptionist those aren't feasible options for me. I know that there is a lot more capability than I am aware of, but I am impressed with what I have learned so far.

Tony P.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 03/09/2015

Nancy T.
  • Industry: Research

Steve P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Quality

"I'm enjoying connecting with folks in the States while I'm on the road in Mexico. Being able to call others in the office from here, using their extension number has been very helpful."

Pros

Being able to call colleagues using their extension numbers, wherever you are, is helpful. The voice quality I experienced making calls from Mexico City was impressive.

Cons

Turing on and off the app on my cell phone has been a challenge.

Stacy S.

Reviewed on 24/09/2015

We use the phone system.

It seems we have had several issues with our phones since we started using Fathom. For the most part they have FINALLY been resolved but we do still have issues with calls going through sometime and OFTEN get comments that the connection is terrible. The fax option rarely works and now it seems they took the option to receive a confirmation email off the fax so now we have no idea if people are receiving our faxes at all.

Craig D.

Reviewed on 07/10/2015

Great Customer Service, Great Product

I made the switch to Fathom and have never looked back. The products are great and the service is quick.

Joseph M.

Great and Easy to Use

Great system, easy to use, have not had a problem as of yet.

Jalissa C.

Reviewed on 25/09/2015

System Needs More Work

Pros: Can see the caller's name and phone number
Cons: navigating through is a little difficult; has to be used in tangent with another software (in our case Bria Stretto); a lot of wait time when I'm available to speak & if I do click on "pick up," it doesn't pick it up or it takes a really long time

• Industry: Events Services

Love it!

My voicemails get emailed to me, so I can receive them even when I am not at my computer.

Angie G.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Dylan R.

Mediocre

Overall: This system offers nothing outside of the norm of any other VOIP business phone system. The Web interface is slightly more intuitive than others, though it is difficult sometimes to know if a setting change has actually been accepted and changed. However, there is much to be desired in execution of calls. About a quarter of dialed calls will hang without ever connecting, then disconnect. There is no consistency with this issue as to the number being dialed. (One number may fail three times in a row, then connect on the fourth attempt. Others might fail once, then connect on the next attempt.) We have had an outstanding service issue since deploying last January which has yet to be resolved wherein any calls going to our after-hours support line generate two notification emails and two duplicate voicemails. While not critical, it is a nuisance, and the only time we receive updates on the status of the service case is when we ask for them.

Pros: Slightly easier to use and deploy than similar products. Slightly more intuitive web controls. Service department will respond when prompted.

Cons: Service could be much more pro-active in reporting status of cases back to clients. Call failures can be a headache.