About Boomerang for Gmail

Boomerang for Gmail is designed to help businesses schedule and track inbound and outbound emails in real-time. It enables professionals to receive automated notifications when emails are opened, display read receipts and set up...

Browse Boomerang for Gmail Reviews

Eman J. Eman J.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 28/12/2018

Boomerang is the best tool out there to organize your blasted email!

Overall, Boomerang has been an angel for me. Without Boomerang it will be hard for me to keep up with my commitment in getting back to candidates, and letting them know what they need to do or where they need to proceed a day before their interview. I get a lot of awards and thank yous from candidates and they see our business as very responsive and professional because we never failed to update them regarding their next steps or whether or not they got the post.

Pros

In recruitment, you seldom get just less than 20 emails per day. If you did, well you're lucky! It is a bottleneck to get things done in recruitment if you're speaking of email commitments such as sending email blasts for next week, or sending turn down to a candidate you just interviewed after a week or sending a candidate for final interview a day before his set schedule. We resorted to using sticky notes before, but it is unsuccessful because sometimes sticky notes are not that too sticky and they fly away, and there arises complaints of being unprofessional from candidates we failed to give an update. With Boomerang, it resolved that problem because instead of pending that responsibility and jotting it down to a sticky note, you can just do it now and pend it being sent to whatever day and time you would want it to go out. With Boomerang, we have successfully met 100% compliance in sending out turn down emails, notification or reminder emails, and office-wide campaigns easily.

Cons

I like everything about Boomerang. Maybe what I least like is the price, and why I just learnt it a year ago. If only, I heard about this when I started my career in recruitment, everything should have been a walk in the park!

Kir C. Kir C.
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 30/07/2018

Helps you send the e-mail when you think it should be sent, not right now

Really great productivity piece.

Pros

Ever have a feeling that sending the business proposal at 3 in the morning isn't the right thing for the "corporate image"? Ever thought that you need to have client think that the 5-minutes complete job is a complicated 2-hours endeavour? Then this brilliant piece of software is for you..

It can also "boomerang" the e-mail to your in-box in a few hours or days, so you will get the fresh reminder exactly when you need, without those strange letters cluttering your mailbox.

Very very good productivity tool

Cons

Well, you need to pay for it to get all the small bits and pieces. But monthly rental also gives you the "return receipt" function for your e-mail (you will know if your e-mail was opened 50 times before the company replied to you) and other practically unlimited functions.

Marcus D. Marcus D.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Great Way To Manage E-mail

It made easier for me to manage and focus on business e-mails that matte the most. I'm not wasting time on e-mails that don't deserve my immediate attention.

Pros

Love the ability to schedule e-mail at a later time and not disturb clients outside of regular business hours. I also like the add-on assistant to help in writing better e-mails. in Being able to use the software to assist me in scheduling my calendar is also a plus, and so is automatic follow-up reminders for important e-mails.

Cons

I honestly have not found anything that I dislike about this software. Although, there's at one feature I wish was included as part of the personal pricing plan as opposed to the Pro (sharing availability).

Top Boomerang for Gmail Alternatives

Christina M. Christina M.

Reviewed on 21/03/2019

Delay Send, Tracking, and Return to Inbox

Pros

I was missing the ability to schedule messages to send later that was possible with Microsoft Outlook. My current employer uses Gmail as our platform and I had to draft an email and then send later. It was taking too much effort, thus came Boomerang. I can now work as late as I want, but send all the emails the next morning. It really helps me stay on top of my work. I can also schedule messages to send later if they aren't important right away. This is one of my favorite workplace tools.

Cons

Occassionally the software glitches, but it is very rare and a quick refresh is all that is needed.

Micah M. Micah M.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 28/04/2019

Boomerang- Soon to be obsolete, but great right now.

Pros

Boomerang was the perfect Gmail Add-on. When I installed in 2017 it had features I had never seen before. The Email scheduling tool was terrific, and the reminders worked flawlessly.

Cons

On the other hand, in the new version of Gmail the reminders are built in, and I have heard that the email scheduling tool will be added later. Despite this news, I have continued to use Boomerang because of its simplicity and current feature set.

Reviewed on 18/05/2020

Nice features, easy to use

I've been using Boomerang for several years, and it has greatly improved my productivity, and my ability to get responses to my emails.

Pros

Being able to schedule emails, and have it remind you if you don't get a reply, helps keep you on track, and not let things fall through the cracks.

Cons

One of the only cons that I have found is that the extension in Google Chrome can be a bit slow to load.

Blair M. Blair M.

Reviewed on 04/05/2019

Life-changing tool!

Pros

This tool keeps my inbox manageable! I use this tool 3-5 times per day, at least, to both remind myself of emails I want to circle back to or when I want to pause my inbox to focus.

Cons

Overall, it's an amazing tool! When I want to unpause the inbox, it's a little too many clicks, but that's a really small issue.

Jacob W. Jacob W.
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 14/04/2019

Excellent Email Scheduler Tool

AMAZING!

Pros

Its really good for helping manage email overload from boomeranging inbox emails to scheduling outbound emails to pausing all mail during busy hours

Cons

It sometimes is a TAD glitchy but overall works fine - i have very few complaints about this product - i love it, in fact.

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Daily user, it makes me better at my job!

Pros

Easy to use and simple. It's extremely useful if working with people internationally , so you can schedule messages to come to them at an appropriate local time. Also great for workflow management so you can have a messages return and catch those message that go unanswered.

Cons

It's not intuitive to use, you may need some instruction. They do have tutorials.

Caroline S. Caroline S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

This product has made my life so much better!

Pros

I don't know how I survived before boomerang! It helps me remember everything and never have to think about following up.

Cons

Nothing--boomerang is awesome and has great features

Yuri S. Yuri S.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 05/05/2018

It has made my email management more convenient, specially on emails that I shouldn't miss...

It has been making my email management system more efficient.

Pros

It's main functionality that enables you to schedule your emails to be sent through at a specific time. This is very important to me cause I tend to be forgetful when it comes to sending follow-up emails. So using Boomerang to organize schedules when my follow-up emails to be sent through has been really helpful to me.

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment. Ive been very happy using this service for quiet sometime now.

Willem S. Willem S.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Boomerang for Imvestment Banking

Pros

Never lose a lead, schedule mails and replies to suit your schedule

Cons

Nothing can highly recommend the software

Laura B. Laura B.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Useful addition to my business

Easy to set up, very little learning curve, useful daily functions - has always worked reliably.

Pros

useful to be able to schedule when an email is sent so it arrives at the optimal time with the recipient .

Cons

If I use the feature as a reminder ie have someone's email come back to my inbox later I have to go to the 'boomerang' folder to actually read it - what arrives in my gmail inbox is a 'boomerang reminder'. Still useful, but more time consuming.

Ryan W. Ryan W.
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 23/06/2021

Boomerang made mostly obsolete by Gmail's own improvements

I liked Boomerang and considered it a valuable tool. It simply was made obsolete for me by improvements Gmail made.

Pros

I primarily used boomerang for delayed send on emails, or a form of snoozing emails to return to my inbox after a delay.

Cons

All of the features for which I used boomerang were made totally and completely obsolete by improvements that Gmail made itself.

Travis T. Travis T.

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

Perfect for Email Productivity

Pros

I use this App both personally and professionally to make sure emails and communications have been reached.

Cons

There are no Cons! This is a very valuable tool especially with large amounts of email outreach.

Reviewed on 18/06/2018

Excellent Tool, would recommend

Pros

I love that I can program emails to be sent it the future and have emails come back to me if no one responds. Boomerang has increased my productivity so much.

Cons

There are a few features I don't use, like how likely someone is to respond to your email, because I don't find them as useful.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

Great way to remind yourself of emails

I have enjoyed using this very much. It has saved me from forgetting important deadlines or forgetting to respond to important emails when I was not ready to.

Pros

I love how integrated it is with Gmail and the fact that I don't have to worry about writing a note or not being ready to be reminded since it occurs right in the email platform.

Cons

It costs money to get the number of "boomerangs" you have available increased to more than about 5 a month. That's just another expense!

Jhonatan A. Jhonatan A.
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 28/03/2020

My experience with Boomerang

Boomerang is the most famous page to looking for a job, you have a big chance to get the job if you post throw boomerang, I have some offers using this page

Pros

Once you have completed the registration and introduced all the information, you can easly posted for the jobs

Cons

You have to introduce all the information before you posted for any job

• Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/05/2020

Good Gmail Extension

Its fine but I'm not sure what value it has any longer.

Pros

I like that you can send emails for a later time and receive read receipts so that you know when people open them.

Cons

It has basically been replaced by built in Google abilities to schedule emails and add read receipts.

Jessie B. Jessie B.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Simple, straightforward, and effective

Great, simple tool. I won't do email without it.

Pros

It's a really niche add-on for my gmail inbox, but so so helpful. With it, I can easily schedule un-responded to emails to return to the top of my inbox after a certain number of days, or have my emails go out at a later date -- which is super helpful if I'm doing client outreach, job hunting, or PR work.

Cons

Sometimes, when I want to use it, it has to open up a new window to start up, then takes awhile to load -- it's not just on my gmail browser at all times. It'd be great if it worked or loaded a bit faster.

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

4/5 Stars

My overall experience has been very positive with Boomerang!

Pros

I love the ability to control client communication with this product by scheduling emails out rather than sending them out at the time of creation.

Cons

The only con about the technology is that gmail is actually getting better everyday by providing some of the features that Boomerang offers.

Christian A. Christian A.

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Boomerang for effective Mailing

I use Boomerang for sending Emails through Gmail for private and business purposes where I want to set an exact date and time when the Email should be sent. So I do not need to sit on the Computer all the time or can plan my Mails early in the morning and do not need to worry that I will miss it.

Pros

I use Boomerang for Gmail and now finally have the missing feature that I can set the time and date when Emails should be sent.

Cons

It should be available in more languages (i.e. German)

Jessica C. Jessica C.
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Reviewed on 15/05/2021

Amazing software

My overall experience with boomerang for Gmail is nothing short of great! I love how easy it is to use and it is also linked with the business email making it easy to contact multiple customers.

Pros

What I like most about boomerang is I am able to save and archive emails for later use.

Cons

What I like least about boomerang software is nothing. I use this weekly and sometimes daily at my job.

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

Can't say enough about this product!

Pros

Boomerang has been a LIFESAVER and it's free! I've been using it for both work and personal. It keeps my inbox uncluttered and there are so many times I want to immediately send an email but I don't want the personal to immediately receive it. Scheduling feature is amazing.

Cons

So far, I have no complaints. I have been using this product for only 3 weeks though.

Beth G. Beth G.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

Great to schedule emails!

Pros

We like using Boomerang to schedule our emails and remind us when something has not bee responded to yet. It helps keep our thousands of emails organized and helps us to interact with our congregation professionally.

Cons

I found that updates to the program would create some interruption of the services, but it's no big deal; a simple browser refresh often helps fix things.