About Justworks Hours

Justworks Hours is a cloud-based time tracking solution designed for mobile workforces to monitor and automate employee work hours, project tracking and overall organizational performance. Justworks Hours' mobile app helps...

Browse Justworks Hours Reviews

Thomas M.

Reviewed on 18/05/2016

Basic Functions are OK, advanced functions are lacking.

Pros:
1 Android market
2 tracks previous days worked
Cons:
1 Either the app name or icon needs to be modified to reflect its purpose. It's a great name and a professional icon but neither imply its use. Hard to find when looking for it with the rest of my apps. Nothing jumps out that this app is for work. To be honest I almost deleted the app a few times because it appeared to be a social media app (like twitter) in my apps menu that I didn't know how it got there. So, there really should be an icon reflecting a punch card or a dollar sign or a business guy in a suit etc. etc. etc. that makes you think "oh ya that's for work". The same goes for the name, perhaps just "Boomr punch card" ... "Boomr pay tracker" .. "Boomr hour tracker" ... "Boomr for work"...
2 no place to add mileage driven that day
3 can't request time changes through the app (if I mistakenly hit check out or forgot to check in for an hour after being at work). I have to contact my employer via text or email or in person while a note attached to those hours that day within the app would save time and confusion.
4 GPS HAS to be on to check in? I often turn my GPS off for battery saving. I don't want to be forced into turning my GPS on so I can be checked into work to get paid.
5 time stamp is in GMT (Zulu time zone) i believe for some reason? After I click on a specific day and see the details then it's displayed in local time. It needs to be displayed in local time from the beginning, at very least, for the employees.
6 allow rounding if employer permits it.
I'd rather get paid to the nearest 15min. Leave the time stamp for the records fine but allow rounding for the nearest quarter hour for pay calculations. For example: let's say 2 employees show up and leave work at the exact same time. One employee may "click" check in while in their car, the second they pull into the parking lot at work and check out the second they leave the parking lot (maximizing their time 'at work'). While the other employee parks, goes upstairs to the office, sits down and then clicks check in. That same employee then checks out as they leave their desk for the day. The way the app is set up now, the two employees will receive different amount of hours (the minutes adding up each day) even though they each actually worked the same amount of time. Both employees should reasonably be getting the same amount of hours paid. For this can only be accomplished by the "buffer zone" created by rounding.

Joseph B.

Reviewed on 16/01/2018

Good product for small business time tracking

It is an easy to use product for any small business that is looking to simplify and implement efficient time keeping practices. Offers easy usability for any user. Simple platform to implement quickly.

Pros

Ease of setup. Ease of use. Simplistic design and functionality for basic use and small business operations.

Cons

Not as detailed as you may want it to be. Not quite as much customization as other products offer but still a good start for a better time keeping practice

Joe M.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Got a good job

I'm so excited about it today and my dad just saw the kids on our phone with the family I would have a problem if it didn't get out there for the kids to go out on my way out there with the new truck that is going on and off to a good time to be able for my kids for kids or something I have never had before they even got my phone

Pros

The only problem I had was when you would like it then it would have to do. The only problem with this is that there is a problem that you need to help with them and if your looking to see what they could be getting the refund would be the only thing I can find out on the game I don't think they

Cons

The urge is not too hard but it would make you it a great way of doing the job guys or something like that it was the only way they would have been the same right about it and I was not sure if it is not too bad at the end and the way they were just the kids they even talked you yeah yeah they don't want me your way to you but they do it too much.

Top Justworks Hours Alternatives

Kristin G.

Reviewed on 27/09/2017

Payroll would be a nightmare without Boomr.

It frees me up to do more important tasks.

Pros

I love how I can obtain all of my payroll reports in just a few clicks. I also like how I can see who is currently working, and the times that they clocked in.

Cons

I think that the phone app could be a little better designed. Some of my staff members get a little confused while clocking-in and clocking-out on their phones.

Don P.

Reviewed on 27/09/2017

The best app for tracking

Pros

Easy to track your time and it's simple to clock in and out. Being an app, it doesn't require you to boot up your laptop. It's handy to be able to access via web, mobile, or laptop.

Cons

I have had trouble connecting before, but I don't know if it's a problem with my ISP, my wireless network, my phone, or with Boomr.

Catrina M.

Easy to use!

Pros

The app is easy to use! I like that it shows you how many hours you are working each day as well as let's you inform management if you forgot to clock in or out of the app.

Cons

I really don't like how often it freezes. I would say at least 2-3 times a week it will freeze and I will need to reload the app!

Justin P.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 27/09/2017

Wonderful program and very useful!!! Love the ease of navigation too.

Makes my job easier and my life stress free when I have to calculate my rent and stuff. I know how much to expect to be paid on the daily and how much hours I'm working on a day to day basis with pay incorporated within it on the program.It is fantastic and I've recommended it to all my friends and other establishments and companies!!!

Pros

I love how easy it is to read and calculate my hours and pay on a weekly basis!! I also love the app on my phone for when I'm on the go!! Also love the email updates I get on the weekly.

David H.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 27/09/2017

Was the answer to our issues

Easy tracking of hours for grant reporting.

Pros

Verifying actual hours worked. Prior to Boomr we weren't sure of the exact hours worked. Honesty was being questioned.

Cons

Some of the website features are not available on the app. The ability to add shifts from the app need to be added.

Awesome and Easy to Use!

Pros

It's very easy to use, it just works and it's simple to use, tracking time has never been so easy before.

Cons

Occasionally when I'm out of wifi or data range it will log me out (or at least appear like I'm logged out) rather than just telling me it couldn't connect.

Jeremy B.
  • Industry: Sports

Easy To Use

Time saving. Efficient, effective.

Pros

Easy to check in when I get to work. Easy to check out when I leave. I like not having to punch a traditional clock.

Cons

Manual entry is not as user friendly. Wish it was less steps. Instead of using a clock have easy inputs.

David M.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 18/07/2017

Perfect for keeping track of my working hours

Pros

Just needed a simple time tracker. It's a nice simple to use layout does exactly what I need it to do and nothing more

Cons

There are no real significant issues with the software the only issues with it is that sometimes it will just log me out randomly on my phone.

Sarah-gayle S.

Reviewed on 29/09/2017

It's worked great.

Quick which helps me get to work faster.

Pros

It's easy!! I love how quick and simple this app works. It's great for taking breaks and clocking out swiftly.

Cons

The only negative to boomr is that on a rare occasion the app will crash which can be very frustrating.

Walker T.

Reviewed on 27/09/2017

Great product for our needs.

Pros

It is pretty simple to use for the most part. The clock in and clock out process is also pretty simple.

Cons

The online admin portal isn't always as user friendly as I'd like. Sometimes the reports are difficult to find.

Tanaya B.

Reviewed on 01/07/2018

I love using Boomr. It makes it much easier for me to keep a record of my shift times

Pros

I like the most that it is easily accessible in a phone app. I do not need to find a computer to edit my shifts or keep a track of my weekly earnings. I like how it gives a detailed analysis every week

Cons

My phone app loses its connectivity sometimes and then I have to sign out and sign in again as it does not recognize me.

Kimberly B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 08/08/2018

Boomr Timesheet App

Pros

-seeing hours and hourly pay, full pay for week calculated
-ability to add projects to shift
-ability to edit and add shifts
-weekly email summary for cross reference

Cons

-"Sendbird error" often when clocking in. Doesn't affect functionality
- Sometimes editing and adding shifts isn't responsive, changed times are slightly off.

Cathy P.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 14/05/2018

We've been using this software since the beginning of the year. Have yet to have an issue.

Pros

So far this software has been stable and easy to use. I like that many different locations can be added and that they can be deleted when no longer necessary.

Cons

I dislike the mobile version of the app. However, that could be an Apple related issue as some in the office do not have the problems that I seem to.

Megan M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

I use this app to log my work hours. The scrolling through of times can be tedious.

Pros

Simple design. It has a simple interface and set up. I only use it to enter time so I don't need anything fancy.

Cons

Having to scroll to add time. Not a quick way to add time. I would prefer to enter time manually. Using this feature on a smart phone is not quick. I often scroll past the time I want.

Angelica L.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 26/09/2018

Boomr

There's so much more to Boomr then tracking time. You have the ability to do invoices, run reports and much more.

Pros

Great way to keep track of employees hours and work without time stamp cards.

Cons

The fact that you can't download an invoice without WinZip. Being able to download a PDF would be much more convenient.

Maire hina B.
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Reviewed on 23/03/2017

Almost perfect!

Boomr is a great app for my employees, I was tired running after my employees timesheet (paper) every week, and they would forget to fill it, with Boomr they can do it from their phone.

Pros

Awesome because I can see what's happening live at the workplace, and can have an overview over the time employees worked each week

Cons

I wish the app would prevent employees to start a shift if they already in on, sometimes they don't close the app and open it again and have double shift. Also something good would be a notification function to remind the employee to log in when he is arriving at the location (gps) and to log off when he is leaving the location

Athrun C.

It's great.

Pros

Easy to use. Straightforward. I enjoy how it shows how much money I make each day I work. The layout it also nice.

Cons

I can't edit my own time. Wish that it used vacation and sick time. However overall I have not had any problems.

Tasha J.

Excellence

Everything

Pros

It does everything I need it to do its the best I have ever used yet, I'm glad I was able to help launch a great software to use and I really hope everyone else love it as much as my company dies its the best yet

Erin Q.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Awesome

Pros

Easy to use and so convenient!! My boss loves it too...my co workers use it also. We use it everyday!!

Cons

There was not anything other than it having a glitch at one time but customer service was very helpful !!

Carrie S.

Reviewed on 27/09/2017

It has almost been a year and we just love it!

Knowing where are people are.

Pros

Keeps our team accountable. Great to know where they are and where they are checking in for a job. It is a new level of tracking for us and we love it!

Nathan S.

Effective & Easy

Pros

I really enjoy the integration with BambooHR, this is what sold me on subscribing to their website. I also really enjoy Tablet mode, this allows us to have a professional setup in the back office that allows our employees to clock in and out very easily & quickly.

Cons

No ability to change the current day's time while still clocked in (This is important on days when employees forget to log in right away, and they just simply have to remember when they clock out to make changes, instead of doing them right after they clock in!)

Alisha W.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Boomr needs a little more

Boomr helps me better keep track of employee hours and manage payroll. But it does not help with scheduling and communication like I thought it would.

Pros

I love the integration with other HR and payroll systems like Gusto. It makes some aspects of employee management and time tracking easier. I love the geofencing feature as well.

Cons

The ability to create custom schedules and communicate with employees while on shift is subpar. I switched from Deputy, which had that feature and is important for the type of work we do (cleaning services). Deputy was less expensive as well.