About Justworks

Justworks makes it easier to start, run, and grow a business. With Justworks, entrepreneurs and their teams get access to big-company benefits, automated payroll, compliance support, and HR tools - all in one place. Justworks...

Browse Justworks Reviews

Christopher H.

Good Software, GREAT Benefits for SMB's

Overall, Justworks has been one of the BEST decisions I have made in my capacity as COO of this company. My [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] loves it, my employees love it, it saves me tons of time, and most gratifying of all, we've finally been able to offer affordable, quality health benefits to our team. Justworks is more expensive than some of their competitors, but we all know the old saying: "You get what you pay for."

Pros

Justworks has all the features you'd expect from a digital HR platform / PEO. They make managing employee compensation, benefits, and time off far easier. As the person who oversees the HR functions of our business, the platform has saved me (personally) dozens of hours in just the first six months. For our team, they've only had positive things to say about their experience using the platform. It's easy for them to access the information they need, enroll in benefits, log time, and request PTO. What impresses me even more is that the platform regularly sends out key information, resources, and HR guidance that is tailored to both employees and administrators. They serve as a resource, which is especially important at the time of writing this review (2020 COVID-19 Pandemic).

Cons

My complaints are minimal. Top of my list is I'd like them to have stronger reporting features for financials. While they do maintain great integrations with 3rd party accounting software (Xero, Quickbooks) and I can generate most of the reports I need in those platforms, I would like native support for running a myriad of different types of payroll reports. At the time of this review, it appears to be mostly limited to CSV data exports.

Chris C.

Reviewed on 07/11/2019

Justworks does what it says on the tin

The team there is hyper responsive and knows their stuff. Onboarding was phenomenal, considering how complex an operation it is to onboard. They move you seamlessly from sales rep to onboarding rep to ongoing support rep, and you end up with a dedicated rep that knows your business.

They handle compliance really well, and their Slack support is fantastic. It's great to have a resource I can tap for questions on compliance or policy, and the ThinkHR integration offers even more resources.

My employees love OneMedical, Health Advocate, and Teledoc. Love love.

Having a self-service onboarding process is really great and simplifies our onboarding dramatically.

Using a PEO helps with having remote employees across the country. Much less to worry about around taxes and compliance there.

Pros

Justworks is a compelling PEO offering that brings a lot of advantages to helping manage a growing company. I'd run payroll myself for 15 years, so moving to a PEO that has my back is nice.

Any consideration of moving to a PEO has to come with factoring cost savings around insurance products. Justworks represented a significant cost savings in my first year, but in the second year, our renewals still jumped 10%, which was frustrating. I was hoping we'd be more insulated to those sort of increases.

From a payroll platform perspective, Justworks is really nice. It basically offers fully automated payroll, though there are some things that could be improved with how it integrates with time trackers, how it manages PTO requests, and some other nits to pick. They've done a great job of being responsive and adding functionality over the past year, and they're a tech-first company so I'm confident it'll just continue to improve.

Cons

There are a couple of limitations that are vexing, verging on boneheaded:
* PTO requests don't show remaining balance for the PTO plan
* Unpaid time off is a manual ordeal
* There's no mobile app, and the website isn't responsive. Not a huge dealbreaker, since I'm not doing too much payroll from my phone, but still
* No expense management or reimbursement scheduling. It's just a manual process.
* QBO integration is weak, but I've been promised it'll improve

TriNet and Gusto

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

IOP was dated and abandonware. It was manual and didn't handle benefits.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

TriNet is eye-wateringly expensive and an old system. Gusto is really compelling and affordable, but they're not a PEO: they don't handle the compliance or shared benefits rates
  • Industry: Warehousing

Justworks Is Amazing

Pros

What I truly like is the clarity on what we are being charged. I also enjoy how easy it is to use.

Cons

The only thing I don’t like is it doesn’t have time tracking abilities for hourly employees. We have to use an outside tracking software.

Top Justworks Alternatives

Rids A.

Reviewed on 29/07/2020

Justworks is simple, easy to use, perfect price point and their support is just stellar - 7...

The benefits packages offered by them are fantastic - especially for a small business like ours. BTW - I love their team - from the sales person I talked to initially to everyone else. Also every single time - and I mean every single time - I have had to contact them for support on any subject - payroll, PPP, benefits, etc - the agent I communicate with knew everything there was to know about how to help me and got the problems addressed without any fuss. They go over and above to make sure things are taken care of properly.
Did I say "I love their team" ?

Pros

The platform is super simple to use, Justworks has thought of all the common things someone managing HR would need to do and made the features available in a logical fashion. The worflows to setup new employees, or setup payments, etc are super intuitive with the right "help" easily accesible right next to the field you might have a question about.

Cons

I haven't thought of anything I have missed in the software. Maybe we are a small organization and don't have complicated scenarios to address.

Maggie C.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 27/02/2020

JustWorks saves us time and keeps our HR organized

We are small and do not need to spend a ton of time/resources on HR right now, but we do have HR needs. JustWorks has been a great way to gently launch into managing payroll and becoming familiar with other benefits we can add in the near future, as we add employees. (Since we only have 2 employees right now and only one is full time, we are not yet eligible for health benefits.)

I find the payroll transactions very easy to follow. I do the bookkeeping for the business, as well, but we don't use your automatic Quickbooks feed at this point.

Pros

I love that JustWorks handles all filing and calculations for payroll and also offers benefit options you can add as your company size grows. I find it incredibly easy to use and navigate and, on the few instances where I've had questions, I can often find the info in FAQx. We started using JustWorks last year with 2 employees (one PT, one FT) and can handle payroll very easily + it will be a breeze to add other benefits (health, etc.) as we're eligible. I like that I get notifications about deadlines, as well as updates on relevant state law changes that may affect us. One feature I especially like that I didn't even really consider before we started using the software is that access to templates for creating employee handbooks/policies, etc. Since we're small and growing, these things are important to do, but I don't think we'd tackle them as early in the process if we didn't have solid templates to start with that only required moderate modifications.

Cons

Some of the benefits eligibility is difficult to navigate, but I have a feeling that's more a function of that information being dense, rather than it being unavailable.

One thing I've tried to do several times is to download a PDF of our biweekly payroll invoices (our company payroll costs + employer/employee tax breakdown) and that feature is unavailable. I always end up printing it and saving as a PDF, but would much prefer that I could just download a PDF of our broken down bill.

Shannon P.

Reviewed on 07/11/2019

So Happy I Made the Switch to JustWorks!

My team and I evaluated several PEO options before ultimately choosing to go with JustWorks. JustWorks was the most cost-effective, with the best benefit offerings for my employees, the most intuitive user interface and allowed me to have the most control of all of my employee's data.

Pros

The tool is extremely user-friendly. I did very limited training for my employees to learn how to use it because of the intuitive user-interface. The Customer Support team is fantastic! I can call up my Account Manager or quickly use the chat feature and I always get a quick and friendly response and a resolution to my question or issue.

Cons

The services may not be as comprehensive as other PEO systems, but my Account Manager is always quick to recommend a tool or service that would be compatible (example: applicant tracking system).

Brian C.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

A Must for growing Start Ups

The platform is an amazing plug in play architecture that allows us to focus on building a business and not spending time on cumbersome administrative processes.

Pros

Ease of use , functionality and the added value of payment services

Cons

Would really like document repository capacity or employee files

TriNet

Tracking. Reporting and needed a PEO partner

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Ease of use, pricing, payment services
Dan K.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Just choose Justworks

From the sales process all the way through to now 18 months in, every person I have worked with at Justworks has been great, bar none. The sales cycle was thorough and informative, the implementation process was smooth, and customer success/support has been very responsive and helpful.

Pros

The ability to use the large group buying power of a PEO to have a combination of better choice of benefits at a lower cost was really a huge win.

Cons

There really isn't much to not like about Justworks - if anything, maybe having a little more customizability around programs like FSA, HSA, HRA, or other ancillary benefits.

Namely and Gusto

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Better benefits, better pricing, better system, better customer support - no brainer.
Jamie B.

Justworks is fantastic!

Pros

I love how user friendly the Justworks platform is and the added value that we get through all of the Justworks partnerships. The customer service is phenomenal, and I truly feel like my representative is part of my team.

Cons

I really can't think of something I would change.

Coleen B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 01/07/2019

Wonderful tool for our small business.

The set up process was very smooth and the customer support is excellent.

Pros

It is very user friendly. Easy to use, easy to maneuver as an administrator and user.

Cons

Nothing I have found yet......it all works very well.

ADP TotalSource

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Wanted one stop shopping for payroll and benefits with an easy user experience.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Had heard some negative feedback from some colleagues with regards to ADP.
Nick S.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 29/07/2020

Overall solid system; some updates needed

Overall, I'm happy with the switch. as I mentioned above, some system enhancements are needed. I think the customer service is largely good - very responsive. However, sometimes I want to talk through an issue with someone so I can better articulate my needs. It's difficult to get someone on the phone.

Pros

The user experience surpassed that of the competitors I looked at

Cons

Some basic functions seem lacking - like the ability to set up recurring off-cycle payments.

ADP Workforce Now

Cost, user experience

TriNet

Cost, user experience
Gini P.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Justworks is THE BEST!

Love love love Justworks! Their customer service is superb... every single person I’ve dealt with at their company has been professional, knowledgeable and so helpful!

Pros

We love Justworks! After working with a few other PEO’s, we can confidently say that Justworks is the best around! Their software is user friendly and simple and their customer service is top notch!

Cons

The only improvement I’d love is some sorta of notifications for calendar events- ie. Admins or managers get emails prior to a team members birthday, team anniversary, pto.

Jessica T.

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

Great product, decent customer service

Sales team was very professional and informative. A few instances where we assumed something that wasn't the case, but they are very open to hearing suggestions and easy to get in touch with. If you need strong HR support, it might not be the best option, it seems that they have very "canned" responses when dealing with HR questions. But the overall system & ease of use is fantastic.

Pros

Very easy to use, great standardized reports

Cons

Nothing. It is very easy to use and great support.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 17/03/2020

Perfect PEO for a small nonproft

It's a huge time-saver, and enables us to offer more benefits than otherwise possible.

Pros

It has enabled us to offer so many more benefits than previously, at a price that is much more reasonable than any previously existing PEO. It's great that it is all on a single platform, and the customer support has been very responsive.

Cons

The integration with QuickBooks online is not amazing. They need to continue to update the site for better usability, especially their reporting section. I would like more offerings and features.

TriNet and Gusto

Pricing and features.
Rachael H.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

Worth its weight in gold!

We switched to Justworks from a traditional payroll provider and have loved the experience. Justworks makes it easy to onboard employees all over the US and has exceptional customer service to help with any and all compliance and payroll questions. I get sales calls all the time from other PEOs and ignore every single one; we have no reason to leave and we're so glad we've made the switch!

Pros

Easy to use, the account reps are extremely quick to reply and helpful. There's always a real human a click of a button or a phone call away to answer questions. They've simplified our operations and made it much easier to manage a widely distributed remote team.

Cons

I'd love for the search function to be a little stronger—we have a ton of vendors and there's no way to search for them currently. It would also be great if this software had an org chart builder!

Sirius M.

Justworks has been lifesaving

Overall Experience has been great. Very easy program to use and to teach. We've had two account managers so far and they both have been AMAZING.

Pros

As both and admin and a user, the software's interface and functionality is very easy to use.

Cons

Invoices are not able to be converted to a pdf. That is something I'd like to see them improve.

Katherine R.

Reviewed on 27/02/2020

Great simple system and tool

I joined a company 7 months ago who had Justworks set up. I had not used the system and within a few days of being in it am a super-user of the tool. It's incredibly easy to navigate, work with and pull information from. I have extensive experience with ADP and SAP and both of those tools have so many knock on implications when something is set up that work flows are much more challenging and any slight change and mess up your system. This is so much more user-friendly - for what it is used for at my company.

Pros

The ease of use, end-user interface and ease to create and add on information to a personnel record.

Cons

Reporting functionality and record maintenance.

Erik B.

Justworks

Pros

Very user friendly with a great interface.

Cons

It needs more integrations and needs an expense option or the ability to integrate with an expense tool/software.

RUN Powered by ADP and Gusto
Frank C.

Reviewed on 28/02/2020

Justworks

Could not be more positive ...

Pros

One of the best decisions we've made ... my life is easier with Justworks. I recommend the service all the time ...

Cons

I have no complaints and really no feedback on what could done to improve this service ... it just works. Pun intended ...

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Easy to get started, simple onboarding ...
Richard L.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 07/11/2019

Quantum leap forward in managing employees and huge savings

We have saved a ton of money on health insurance. That money and the structural savings for adding benefits allowed us to add dental, vision and 401-K matches - all putting more money in employees pockets - and we still saved money!

Pros

Facilitating communication between supervisors and team members for scheduling and tracking time off .

Cons

Quickbooks integration needs a huge boost. Only area this was behind our previous provider.

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Justworks Works Great

It's a great way to track payroll, get pay stubs, manage my benefits, and access the company directory quickly and easily.

Pros

This was the easiest time I've ever had setting up my payroll, enrolling in benefits, and having access to our directory. Everything is so straight forward and easy to use. It's easy to manage my benefits, my cards, and change my policy.

Cons

Nothing! it's been a dream since day one. I haven't had any issues and don't foresee any coming up in the near future.

Libia O.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 01/07/2019

Best PEO company ever!!

Always great and rapid customer service

Pros

It is very practical and easy to be used

Cons

Reports are getting complex and hard to choice what you really need

Jared H.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 29/07/2020

Finally a group that solves small business problems.

Excellent. Run don't walk from other platforms.

Pros

It works, the insurance pricing was very competitive, the PPP compliance was ready without our asking it

Cons

Not international - we have overseas contractors etc that would be nice to have managed in one place

Alexander P.

Great service!

Pros

Easy to use and setup, takes everything off of the business for taxes and payroll management. This allowed us to scale quickly and offer great, corporate level, benefits!

Cons

Customer service can sometimes be tough to get in touch with, but overall its been great.

RUN Powered by ADP and Paychex Flex
Anatoly G.
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Justworks is a great HR Suite -- but make sure to watch the invoices!

We've had mostly positive experiences w/ Justworks, except for when we had issues w/ our benefits, at which point it became difficult to get to the root cause of the issue.

Pros

Justworks makes it super-easy to manage HR, payments to contractors, payroll and benefits. We use it to pay all of our vendors and Justworks handles all the IRS reporting for us.

Cons

It was tough to figure out some issues w/ our benefits and we went back and forth for a few weeks working on it w/ Justworks. It seems like they were just getting familiar w/ benefits themselves, so we were both climbing the learning curve.