About Spidergap

Spidergap is a cloud-based 360 degree feedback tool designed for businesses of all sizes. You can use out-of-the-box templates to start collecting feedback immediately, or you can fully customize your questionnaires to include...

Browse Spidergap Reviews

Ian C.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 27/03/2020

Spidergap Rocks

Love the system, the outputs and the excellent, responsive support from the Spidergap Team

Pros

Very simple to use and setup.
Does what it’s meant to do without any complicated configuration.

Cons

The Spidergap team are launching new functionality - in particular an impact survey for people who have received a 360 report and feedback. This is still in Beta phase and still needs a bit of work.

SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Choosing Spidergap

For efficiency in administering and reporting on 360 feedback results.

Reasons for Switching to Spidergap

It’s the best solution of its kind available.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 07/09/2020

Affordable, good customer service and an easy-to-use service

Really good. Great assistance setting things up and then there were regular touch points through the year. The tool itself is intuitive, simple and clear, and allows for plenty of customisation. There are richer and fancier 360 evaluation services out there, but considering the very reasonable pricing, Spidergap is a fantastic service that will enable you to run and manage even large evaluation campaigns with very little hassle.

Pros

The big one was automating away a lot of the evaluation process. once you have imported your list of targets and evaluators into the system, things like reminders, invitations to assess etc. can mostly be launched with a couple of clicks.

As an admin, you get real time insights into any exercise you are running, and it is easy to view individual reports and group results.

Their customer service is very good; great after sales care and they will often be able to take care of things like minor customizations on their end if you ask for it. In addition, their resource bank on the portal is clear and easy to search and has most of the answers you will be looking for anyway.

Cons

The software is really simple (which is a good thing!) but this means you are forced to use workarounds to perform some activities. For example, if you wish to resend a reminder to just one person, you have to find the automated email, copy it and paste into an email like Outlook to send it. This functionality should really be built in to the service.

As another example, the group results are displayed nicely on the site and you can download the raw data in Excel, but the recommended way to get the visuals is to use a snipping tool; this seems a bit crude.

Qualtrics EmployeeXM and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to Spidergap

Cheaper, good customer service, no unnecessary add-ons (just focused on 360 evaluations which was all we needed; other companies will try to sell you a bundle or suite of services)
Cheryl D.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

I'm an external career coach using this 360 tool to help my coachee obtain valuable feedback.

Pros

This is my first time using this 360 tool and I'm very impressed with quality of tool and reports; ease of use; ability to customize to suit my needs; super fast response time to my questions (haven't waited more than 3 hours despite being in USA--different time zone); quality of FAQs that have answered 98% of my questions; and clean clear reporting. I also LOVE that I can include the Director of HR as having access to my project to view drafts, etc. but not to all of my account (e.g. other projects that don't involve her firm, since I provide consulting to other companies).

Cons

Currently, the tool does not have an auto save feature for participants, so I had to warn them to block out uninterrupted time to complete in one sitting. Spidergap acknowledges that this upgrade is something they are working on. I urge them to do so.

Two other improvements that I've suggested: 1) ability to change relationship category without engaging Spidergap directly (although when I did their response was super-duper fast), 2) in email template to participants: offer a prompt for a deadline date so that respondents know how long they have to complete the questionnaire. Otherwise, we can forget to tell them.

Response from Spidergap

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks so much for your kind review. I'm so glad you get valuable feedback and that you like Spidergap's reports, ease of use, customization, support, and other features.

We definitely agree with the areas to improve that you highlight and as you say they are on our roadmap for this year. (We'll keep you updated).

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback.

All the best,

Replied 04/04/2018

Top Spidergap Alternatives

Stefano P.

Reviewed on 20/06/2014

Excellent product, outstanding customer service

I used for the first time Spidergap to create a customised 360 assessment with one of our multinational clients. I was impressed by the ease of use, both in terms of setting up the survey and managing the results. The individual reports are accurate and I appreciated the possibility to customise further the personal development form to make it more relevant for participants. A possible improvement relates the group report, which could be a bit more detailed in line with the content of the individual reports. Overall we were very satisfied with the tool and very impressed by the level of service that Spidergap provided. All their representatives and technical support staff were extremely available, ready to support and attentive to our needs, in a way that I have rarely experienced elsewhere.

Response from Spidergap

Thanks Stefano,

I'm glad you've found Spidergap useful and thanks also for your feedback! The group reports are an area we'll be working on this year, so we'll keep you updated on these plans and changes we'll be making. In the meantime, let us know if you'd like a call to review how you can get the most out of the existing group results (spidergraph chart, filters, exports to xls etc.).

Kind regards,
Alexis Kingsbury, Co-Founder at Spidergap

Replied 20/06/2014
Joe M.

Reviewed on 22/12/2014

Spidergap

I was asked to identify a 360 tool that was simple to use, configurable to our needs (in support of a leadership programme) and that had face validity (especially as the organisation is relatively new to 360).
Spidergap has been an excellent choice. I have been impressed by the initial explanation of the product, the ease of use and efficacy of the self authoring tool in giving us what we need. And the customer support throughout (the product is easy to use, nevertheless we had all sorts of questions).
I have also been impressed that the Spidergap team has both excellent technical knowledge and organisation/people development know how. They have consistently been able to help.

Response from Spidergap

Thanks Joe, I'm really glad you've found Spidergap useful for your leadership programme, and that we've been able to support you with your questions.

In future we'll be looking to provide more guides, best practice content, and other resources to answer common questions and help you get the most out of your 360 (albeit we'll always be happy to provide further support wherever needed).

Thanks for your feedback,

Alexis (Co-Founder of Spidergap)

Replied 22/12/2014
Pranay M.

Reviewed on 29/05/2018

This tool is incredible and fantastic.

Lot of time is saved by using this tool.

Pros

Things that I like in this tool are setting up is easy, user friendly and customer support guys are very professional. They provide free trial set up which is very useful before choosing a tool.

Cons

I feel that if they should create a mobile application so that it can be accessed from anywhere by the people who use it.

Response from Spidergap

Good news! We now have a new modern, and mobile-friendly questionnaire! You can find out more here: https://docs.spidergap.com/product-updates/a-modern-and-mobile-friendly-questionnaire-feb-2019

Replied 08/02/2019
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Outstanding customer support

Very professional tool, with great reports and intuitive UI

Pros

Free trial, prices for paid plans are good, has great reports and is very easy to use. Support is always very helpful

Cons

Haven't seen anything negative yet. Does it's job properly. Maybe the surveys can be improved but that's definitely not an issue

Vitor F.

Reviewed on 16/01/2015

Perfect 360 Feedback Tool

We have been working with Spidergap for 3 years now. Our collaboration started with a small 360 feedback survey of 2 teams that combined included 50 employees. We have now expanded this survey to the whole Operations Unit with 500 plus employees Globally. Spidergap has given us all the flexibility and support that you expect from a top notch company. The tool performs great both on small samples and on large worldwide groups. Compared with some of the other tools out there, I highly doubt you can get better value for your money.

James R.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 18/09/2020

Very Friendly User Experience

Pros

Very user friendly interface with great customisation especially in design and reminder comms. Help desk are on hand and very effective (in my experience). The reports they generate are really interesting and detailed. Haven't used the software yet but the impact survey also looks a great addition to understand how our clients experience was felt.

Cons

Lack / awkwardness of distinguishing between self and peer reviewers

Peter B.

Reviewed on 29/01/2021

A very easy and exceptionally effective 360 Feedback Tool

Very easy to deal with - great introductory demo call, simple pricing, really easy and effective tool to get 360 feedback. Highly recommend the whole thing.

Pros

Very easy to set up and administer, excellent online step by step guidance plus access to real people if you need help. A great standard set up but quick and easy if you want to customise any part of it.

Cons

Nothing really! All worked brilliantly. It would be difficult to find anything which could be improved

Richard M.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 26/09/2017

I was very impressed with flexibility of the tool

Effective 360 reviews prior to coaching engagements.

Pros

I designed my own questionnaire and found the tool to be extremely flexible and easy to use. The support team was incredibly responsive when I had questions. The whole experience was great.

Cons

Maybe add even more analytical capabilities into the tool. For ex, what does the respondent think the most important characteristics are of a leader, and compare that to what his peers and leaders think. Can be illuminating.

Carol ann F.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 28/04/2021

Gather feedback you can use

Pros

The software is completely customizable. The only limits are your own imagination. They provide tools and resources to help guide you in the right direction and determine how to convert the data collected into actionable steps. The software is very user friendly and there are endless resources available to help fill the knowledge gap. They also have attentive and supportive customer service that ensures your success in implementing this tool.

Cons

The only thing that would make things easier is if the software connected to our HRIS system and could pull the data fields directly from there rather than having to create spreadsheets to upload into the system.

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Really intuitive tool.

I would definitely recommend this software

Pros

We had a trial set up so we can choose the most appropriate survey tool for our company and I must say Spidergap is really easy to use it doesn't get boring.

Cons

Can use some more functionalities, customization options and other features- saving drafts, more question types.

Anna R.

Reviewed on 20/10/2015

Undertook trial to see how the software would work.

It does what is says on the tin.

Response from Spidergap

Thanks Anna, I'm glad your trial went well. Do let us know if there is anything we can do to improve, or help further with your live 360 project.

All the best,

Replied 20/10/2015
Juan C.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 05/04/2021

Spider Gap review

My overall experience has been quite good, I am going to reccomend it to all my consultant friends who may utilize the 360 evaluation process.

Pros

I enjoyed the ease of deploying the survey, it is easy to understand and I feel confident while using it.

Cons

It is not the most intuitive software.

Barbara C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 05/09/2017

I love this tool!

Supported 360 feedback as part of a leadership development programme

Pros

It is easy to navigate, easy to use and the Spidergap team go above and beyond to help you. My clients love it as well, which makes me look good. I won't be using any other 360 tool except for Spidergap!

Laura A.
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

Spidergap TOP!

Pros

is a very clear and useful tool; customer service is fantastic and always present.

Cons

I want to suggest only to add an option for planning mailing (after worksheet upload).

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

Spider Gap is highly flexible, you can easily adapt it to your needs.

Pros

I like its flexibility: I completely designed the assessment with all the questions I wanted to.
The customer service is excellent. No matter how many questions you have, they are always kind, quick and very professional.
It is very user-friendly and the translation into spanish is high quality.

Cons

I'd like the report to allow the client to edit his action plan. This way, he would have everything in the same document.

Yorick D.

Reviewed on 27/11/2017

I like that very little time is spent in assorting the input by others.

It put all of your work into perspective you get to see where you need to work in areas of improvement also.

Pros

The interface is very simple to use. It has the best set of feature than any other similar product out there.

Cons

Maybe this isn't a con but the interface has too many features some of them that we don't even use at all.

Liz C.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 16/09/2021

Best 360 tool I've found

I use Spidergap 360 to enable clients to see themselves through the eyes of others so they can build tangible plans for their personal growth. I have found the tool easy and intuitive to use and both the customer service and self-help excellent.

Pros

Adaptability both in terms of questions and design
Ease of Use/ Intuitive for both set-up and post-assessment coaching
Clear, easy to understand outputs
Excellent customer service

Cons

Would love to be able to custom design the front cover without needing tech support

Herb T.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

Spidergap is a rare gem!

This has been a very positive experience and has allowed our company an entry point into the automated 360 world that saves us time on the administrative end and allows us the opportunity to focus on our recipients.

Pros

The software is easy to use, the interface is appealing, the reporting is excellent, and the customization is just what we needed. The price is fair and a great value for what you pay.

Cons

The questions they started with are on the more basic side, but if you are starting from nothing, it is a great place to start. You can also easily edit their competencies or replace with your preferred rated areas.

Finn R.

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

Very easy to use and effective tool - Outstanding support!

Pros

Super easy to us . Excellent support. Support is very responsive and friendly and always able to help. Also, it is a very reliable software that provides comprehensive feedback. I especially liked the functionality that let´s you compare each person´s results with the results of the entire organization. I did also like about this software that the questionnaires and reports can be easily edited.

Cons

There is not much I dislike about the software, however think that the software builder is slightly too basic. In my personal opinion the software builder is too similar to Google Forms. I would like to see a greater selection of different inquiry types, for example scaler or matrix. Furthermore, I missed an auto-save function. You always have to save your progress manually when using this software, which can be somewhat annoying and result in lost data if you forget to save your progress. Also, I did miss the ability to easily send repeat invitations to specific respondents.

Response from Spidergap

Thanks so much for the feedback! We're so glad you are getting great support, finding the tool easy to use, and provides comprehensive feedback. We're working on improving reminder functionality as although you can currently send reminders in bulk any time, sending one-off individual reminders aren't yet as easy as we'd like. You mentioned you were missing auto-save... but we do now auto-save progress when providing feedback or editing the questionnaire. Was there somewhere else that you would find auto-save useful? Please let us know by email to [email protected] Thanks!

Replied 12/11/2020
Brian O.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

Unmatched Product and Service

I needed a 360 solution that was dynamic, configurable, and flexible enough to meet our needs. Working with Spidergap through the initial demo process was what sold me. The follow up conversations, quick responses to questions, and thoroughness of the answers were among the best I have seen. The product speaks for itself but it was a no-brainer to move forward with the customer experience I had.

Administration of the solution is very simple and reporting functionality is exactly what I was looking for. With the way this company operates, I would benefit tremendously if they built out a talent management suite to include performance reviews, succession planning, etc. Yes, the solution is that good and easy to use and manage.

Pros

Simple to understand, ease of use on back-end and for raters, support and quick responses, configuration possibilities, templates for everything (rater emails - initial and reminders, competencies, etc.) that can be configured, simple flow and ease of use with reporting, rater manageability, reminder functionality, etc.

Cons

The only thing I did not like was having a minimum of 10 credit order for the first purchase. I was able to sample the product with the 1 free credit they provide which was great, but jumping up to a 10 credit order was a bit more than most smaller companies can do. Perhaps provide an option to start with 5 with a slightly higher price point.

Sipho S.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Spidergap Website Review

It was good and exciting, and it had minor disadvantages.
The experience was good and informing.

Pros

The most thing I liked about this site was it give the user options to choose from and that makes it easier for the user even if the user is using the site for the first time.

Cons

I strongly suggest that a demo video be included in site so that it can be easier for the user to fill in the questionnaire and typical explames of the questionnaire. I honestly didn't like that because it took me a while to understand and that might make someone leave the site.

Response from Spidergap

Thanks for the feedback Sipho - we'll definitely take that on board. In the meantime, we do have a help article that can be used to help raters use the tool (please contact support to get a link) and we have demo videos for administrators (again, please contact support to get these).

Thanks,

Replied 14/12/2018
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

Spidergap reveiw

Pros

I really just like the flexibility, ease, and smooth movement during this amazing product Theee the simplest thing is that if you fell into any problem albeit it had been very small if you reached with them, you'll be answered very quickly and also that if you would like to allocate it with a selected one, you'll find it and it'll be highly technical and quality I counsel everyone with it and also Very flexible regarding questionnaires For me,

Cons

I hope the worth of the merchandise may be a little lower Also, I wish to take care of the confidentiality of the customer’s personal information, so I even have the proper to stay my confidentiality and that I don't want anyone to ascertain it or see it