About ServiceM8

ServiceM8 is a cloud-based field service management solution with landscaping business management capabilities which enables service businesses to schedule, deploy and manage all their field activities from a single...

Browse ServiceM8 Reviews

Patrick K.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

This product saved our Business from going crazy

I love ServiceM8. I am the owner of a Irrigation Installation and Maintenance Company that service a large number of diverse customers. As my company grew I discovered that small details were slipping through the cracks and we were not delivering the great service that we knew we could. This started us looking for a software product that fit the scale of our business was easy to use and intuitive. We tried 3 platforms that were recommended by friends and all had very high entry prices and were overkill for what we need and worst of all they did not link to our booking software. To say the least it was disappointing. We thought that maybe we were asking to much and that maybe we should settle but then a late night Google search of the "best service business software ever" led us to ServiceM8 and we have never looked back. With in 3 days all of our business was being run through ServiceM8 and at the end of that first week all customer and contact info was imported and set.
Service M8 has made our life here at NWIC so much less crazy and so much more organized.
Thank you so much for making this product!

Pros

The mapping features amazing. My ability to look over the large service area that we cover and see where jobs are is a great tool for us to improve our routes and become more efficient.
This software links flawlessly into my Xero account and make bookkeeping a breeze.

Cons

There appears to be some double entry issues that I wish were improved. When I enter a persons address, name, number as a Job Contact it would be nice to be able to then click a box to have that info transfer to other areas like Billing Contact so I don't have to re enter the same info. (this may be possible already and I just have not learned how to do it)

Klaus M.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

Essential to the efficient running of our business

ServiceM8 is a wonderful product and plays an essential role in the running of our business. My boss uses the app on his iPad and iPhone to undertake the work whilst I am in the office using the ServiceM8 website to control his jobs and send out invoices. There is no more duplication as everything is recorded in ServiceM8 and, once completed, jobs are automatically added to our accounting package. There have been great efficiency gains since we moved over to ServiceM8.

Pros

Too many to mention including ease of use in all aspects from booking work to sending invoices, storage of information, communication between workers and admin staff, can work anywhere where an internet connection is available, system availability (I don't remember a single outage in the 4.5 years we've been using it) and, of equal importance , support from the ServiceM8 support team who have always been quick to respond.

Cons

Not much, only that suggestions for change require votes from other users to lift the suggestion's priority before it is implemented. I have made some very useful suggestions to improve the product and frustrated as there is no support from other users but I suspect they are all too busy to look at them and therefore no change.

Amy S.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

Great program, easy to use and a helpful support team

The program is great, and relatively easy to use, when I couldn't figure out something or asked if the program is able to do a particular thing, support is always willing to help. Answers are not always within the hour or a few hours but that is understandable. I just wished that I switched from reckon to MYOB at the same time I started servicem8 as the duplicate materials and customers were a huge pain. But I have no doubt that it would have gone smoothly if it was all set up at the same time, as it is running fine now that I have sorted the duplicates and understood more about how servicem8 syncs with MYOB.

Pros

that I can work on this for almost everything (except purchase orders) then when the invoice is sent, its over to myob to receipt everything. Also the job costing charged per job is great, however some months we could have lots of small jobs which add up to be an expensive month and other months there are a lots of larger jobs so it evens out over the period.

Cons

it doesn't do purchase orders yet! also some little issues about how it syncs with myob eg, I can't receipt payment in servicem8 then send to myob and be automatically ticked off in the bank feed in myob, if i didn't have the bank feed in myob it would be fine. I have now decided to sent it to myob for all receipting of payments, and it comes back to servicem8 and is noted as paid when it does get paid anyway.

Stuart G.

ServiceM8 evolutionised our filed services business processes

Were we a small business stuck in paper-based processes full of duplication and inefficiency. We explore so many options but found we couldn't afford most of the offerings available and found they didn't match our needs. We had considered expensive customised systems but found they too were stuck in the 19th century way of doing things. We needed a simple, cost effective cloud system to revolutionise our business. We found that in ServiceM8. We now say "How did we get by without ServiceM8?" ServiceM8 has literally revolutionised our business without upfront capital investment, and absent were the huge ongoing expenses of other comparable offerings. We had no need for extensive training because ServiceM8 is so intuitive. We are far more efficient and effective, our access to job records is immediate and available anywhere, to all staff, yet our data is safe and secure. We also make use of external contractors and ServiceM8 even ensures they are managed well. Best of all ServiceM8's pricing structure guarantees significant ROI without doubt.

Pros

Simple, easy and effective. Plus the price - perfect for us!

Cons

No system can suit all customer preferences, so there are a few things we would change, but otherwise ServiceM8 is terrific and can't be faulted.

Ben V.

Reviewed on 17/08/2016

I kinda like ServiceM8 a whole lot.

I was on another platform that felt like it was built on matchsticks. Every time there was a update something else would collapse. ServiceM8 seems to have a solid base as I use to hold my breath when an update would come up but it just got better hassle free.

Pros

Easy of use and it kinda makes sense to us Tradies. New employees seem to pick it up very easily and they like using it. Adding multiple photos is SO easy. The sync with Xero is great also.

Cons

That you can't update Clients email addresses in the job so you need to edit it and save it in the Clients profile. But i'm sure they will be updating that soon.

Geraint W.
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

Awful Customer Service and ethics

Expensive for the instability of the software. Their customer service is pursuant to their financial gain and not of customer satisfaction

Pros

Really intuitive and with huge potential

Cons

The customer service is awful and misled

Jared F.

Clean, intuitive software

The best service software we could find. Easily has the best interface on mobile devices, with well laid out and clean menus.

Pros

This software has no contract like some, so it was very easy for us to try it out for several weeks with literally no money required.

Cons

It does not integrate with QB Desktop, and so far we have not found online accounting software to meet our needs. So for the time being we double enter much information. :(

Miciah S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

ServiceM8 Rocks!

As a consultant, ServiceM8 made it easy to organize all of my projects, quickly draft up quotes, and know who still owes me money. Not to mention simplified my clients ability to pay me!

Pros

I love how flexible the software is, and not super rigid to the point that it was really built for one industry. While it was built for your average plumber or electrician, it can be used by most any small business!

Cons

Not really a whole lot not to like. There are a few feature requests I would have, like most software, but their user submissions page is a buzz with everything I could have wanted, with ServiceM8 representatives discussing roadmaps for the key requests.

Robert C.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Great Value

We use ServiceM8 for quoting, job management and scheduling of technicians. When jobs are closed and invoiced in ServiceM8 the invoices are then passed to Xero for processing. The iOS application is very simple to use and we have customised sign in and sign out documentation to make sure steps are not missed and SWMS is covered.

Pros

Simple to use and very cost effective.

Cons

Occasionally jobs drop out of the schedule for no apparent reason, and a lack of ordering means we have to re-type the parts into Xero for ordering. As some of our projects are large this leaves room to miss items.

Meriann T.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 27/01/2020

Very Convenient!

It has helped the company stay on task, keep organized, and become a better business.

Pros

I like that we can see where each company vehicle is and also keep everything organized on the calendar. I also like the job tasks because it helps with remembering everything we need to do for the job. Love that we can add pictures to tasks.

Cons

I wish I could get rid of the online notes from Quickbooks on the home page. That is only for my own ocd reasons though. I like to delete things once they have been taken care of or seen and I cant with those. I also wish we could have dark setting for it so It is easier for me to look at.

Mark C.

Bang for the buck!

Getting better to use. Still some bugs but for my company there's not s better, more cost effective solution. I'm sticking with ServiceM8 all the way. Hoping for perfect do day, but it's the best so far!

Pros

Well featured. It does most every thing I want and fairly easy one you learn the quirks

Melanie T.

SM8 Review

Overall good, has taken us to the next step of making us almost paperless for our tradesmen on site. The open API gives options to add on other programs that will suit out business.

Pros

Has an open API to add on possible other features

Cons

They are much more advance then other programs on the market - but is common basic business features in other programs they are behind or do not have those capabilities. The inbox for online jobs you can not use the job templates to transfer into a job.

Response from ServiceM8

Hi Melanie,

Thanks for your review! The ability to use job templates from the inbox is coming very soon!

Regards,

Darren

Replied 27/08/2016
Lee C.

Reviewed on 14/08/2016

Not bad. Would be better if it worked on all platforms.

I have been using servicem8 for 3 or 4 years now and while it is a very good product they really need it to be compliant with android. I believe that being aligned with apple only is their biggest downfall. Most of our staff these days have android phones therefore they cannot use the brilliant product and has forced us to look elsewhere for something similar.

Pros

Everything that you can do with it.

Cons

The fact that you can only use it on ios devices.

Steven Z.

Apps Don't Get Any Better Than This

ServiceM8 has simply been a breeze to implement into our business... There are so many individual business tools in cooperated within the app that save the business time as well as money... and individual employees love using it!

Pros

Clock ins, integrated navigation, invoicing in a flash, credit card acceptance... summaries of completed jobs.... The billing system.... Service mate is cost effective!

Cons

Explaining to other tradies how good it is.... I'm loosing my competitive advantage! ;-)

Paul W.

PWC Property Works Review

Take the ease out of running a service company. it has saved us so many admin hours for such a little cost in return

Pros

the great features and add ons that make our company stand above the rest.
The ease of use when managing multiple jobs and invoicing
The linking with QBO

Cons

The fact we can not add more then one job contact
we can not add out of office tasks
can not put a task in for a business task not a job task
can not quote and invoice off the same job

Scott T.

Great for small business

Great to slowly transition to and can add new features when ready. Great value for money and no software to install on computers

Pros

Cost per job instead of huge monthly fee.
Forms for health and safety and electrical certification can be easily created and modified

Cons

No job accept button to let admin know you will do the job

Brook T.

Awesome! Simply awesome...

Life changer!
I wish I had this before I reduced the size of my business due to drowning in paperwork..

Pros

Ability to invoice straight away! Navigation, client updates, sign on screen.. Well let's make it simple.. All of it!!

Cons

No cons I've found..

Natalie C.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 03/07/2019

Service M8 software is excellent

Using the software to book in jobs and assign to operators.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and is a reasonable price.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to tailor it more to our businesses - there's some extra features we'd like to see implemented.

Brian N.

Reviewed on 28/09/2018

Poor Customer Service

Pros

Great product. Some great features and helps create a good impression with our customers
The scheduling of jobs is good, being able to track employees and their clocking in, travel etc easy for timesheets.

Cons

Latest update 7.0.1 is volatile, a few of our colleagues have experienced problems with it and have raised an urgent ticket but the customer support and feedback from them is very very poor.

Tammy R.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

Quality software at reasonable price

After looking for a program that would work the best for our plumbing company, we found ServiceM8 delivered on features as well as ease of use.

Pros

The cost of using the program is very good and it allows for expansion of our business without having to upgrade the program.
The calendar sync feature is a very good way of keeping track of where our tradies need to be.
SMS is a bonus feature and is ideal to send out standard information from our employees to our customers.
The forms feature is excellent. It keeps the information recorded in an easy to find place and available to send the forms to the client if required. The forms are easy to set up and customise for our business.
Being able to record a photo of the job is grea also.

Cons

Moving around the program is slow at times due to having to reopen jobs.
You can't open the client details from the job, you have to close the job, search for the client and then open.

Jackie M.

ServiceM8 is Gr8!

ServiceM8 has transformed the way we manage work in our small plumbing business. It has pulled together multiple threads and given us a powerful tool to work smarter.

Pros

The customer support is awesome. The product is dynamic and the developers are open to suggestions to make small tweaks to make it even better.

Cons

Some of the interfaces with our accounting software are a bit clumsy.

Daniel S.

Service M8 is Great!

Once all your employees get the hang of the app it proves to be very economical and thorough for our business.
Being able to upload progress photos to the job cards and fill out time sheets before leaving the job is the best thing for our company.

Ben B.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016

Service m8 the best tool in my business!

I use this software to run my electrical service business. It is an invaluable tool. It is great to to see active jobs, technician locations and easy to invoice and link to myob

Pros

Cloud based

Cons

Only available on apple devices

Response from ServiceM8

Thanks Ben!

Replied 10/08/2016
Gary P.

Very good product

Great product, particularly with regard to the forms. They are very easy to customize and deploy. We use this product for staff induction and OHS primarily and specific form submissions.

Pros

Forms

Shane M.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

I enjoy the product and this it simplifies my business, only improve i can find is an option to black out periods or days for non work related tasks, this would allow me to use this program as a full calander organiser.

Pros

the ease of its use. Very simple and also like how it in tegrates with accounting software

Cons

As stated above