About MangoApps

MangoApps is a unified employee experience platform that combines intranet, training, teamwork, and content management into a single dashboard and workspace. Our user-friendly, infinitely customizable approach fits into the way...

Browse MangoApps Reviews

Ryhlen S. Ryhlen S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 01/07/2020

MangoApps great intranet / project tool

Great support and they reach out quickly with answers or help resolve any issues in a timely manner.

Pros

I like the chat that is built in. I also like how customizable the site can be. Multiple integrations with tools we already use.

Cons

The active directory integration alot of other cloud products have a tool we can install on server but this we have to open up a connection to public internet so that mangoapps can pull the sync data from the server

Microsoft SharePoint

Reasons for Choosing MangoApps

we were looking at upgrading to newer sharepoint to get more features

Microsoft SharePoint

Reasons for Switching to MangoApps

we found out that mango apps we can get for 10 years for the price of upgrading to newer version of sharepoint plus we get the chat that is built in.

Response from MangoApps

Hi Ryhlen, thank you so much for taking the time to review MangoApps! We're glad to see it fits well into your workflow and become the obvious choice over SharePoint. We look forward to serving you for many years to come!

Replied 08/07/2020
Vlady S. Vlady S.

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

Great Product!

Overall I have a good experience with MangoApps. It's a great collaborative tool for a small to large business.

Pros

I like working with Mango Apps. It's very easy to use and makes everything super organized. I like the fact there is an app and I can download it to my phone and use the chat function when I am on the go.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches in the text feature, when I delete a preset and try to write my own text it would still show the old text and I have to go back few times until it completely get erased.

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

Very good system for tracking projects and storing knowledge in an accessible manner

Knowledge repository and project management system streamlining.

Pros

Ability to create individual projects within which you can have message feeds, tasks, wikis, file storage etc.
Wikis (external to projects) are used by us as knowledge repositories as are file folders within the system.
Everything is very easily searchable.
Using the desktop app you have live chat functionality.
E-mails - from external systems such as Outlook - can be sent directly to projects and appear in the feed.

Cons

Managing tasks within an individual project is easy but there's no easy way to track tasks across all projects. Tasks can be sorted by unassigned, not started, started, etc. but no overall "not yet finished" type sorting to capture all live tasks and a report can't be created from this view (only within projects). This just creates a bit more work.
No Gantt chart capability.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your review of MangoApps! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. I've recorded your feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our product teams. Cheers!

Top MangoApps Alternatives

Rosa W. Rosa W.

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

We've been using MangoApps for a year now and it has been great - easy to use and fairly...

Pros

We like the different features for collaboration and user engagement. Setting up new groups and projects is easy and staff are finding it very useful to collaborate on projects and assignments. Staff also use these features to interact with other employees on non-work related events (e.g. soccer clubs). Staff really enjoy the Recognition feature, allowing them to thank or congratulate fellow co-workers. The system is easy to use and fairly intuitive and more robust than other systems used in the past. We think Mango is great!

Cons

There are some limitations to certain functionalities, or other functions that are currently not available. However, the Support team is very open to hearing any and all suggestions. They help to try to find a work-around and if there isn't one, they put in request for possible inclusion in future updates. Mango Support is fabulous!

Response from MangoApps

Rosa, thank you for your review of MangoApps! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. It honors me to hear that you are pleased about our Support, and I urge you to keep the feedback and ideas coming! Cheers!

Femi B. Femi B.

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

MangoApps has really helped in managing projects for me and my team especially

File management and thread management, it's a great app for sharing and keeping up to date with products and ideas.

Pros

it has a lot of features especially the part of creating threads, wikis, versions of documents, image, and video previews, mentions and tags, group management, chatting functionality and badges too it's really a great application.

Cons

I didn't like the fact that MA doesn't allow video calls and also connections to some external tools and apps for productivity

Response from MangoApps

Femi, thank you for your review, feedback and willingness to recommend MangoApps. Please let us know if you are still finding that there are feature gaps or lack of connectivity with external tools. We've grown a lot just this year alone, and I hope if we haven't already addressed your extended needs, that we are sure to note them for our product roadmap. Thank you again!

Joe F. Joe F.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

A tool in the toolbox

Overall we're happy with the product, and will continue to use it.

Pros

Collaborating in MangoApps is almost automatic. We have a thriving ecosystem of Groups, Projects and Departments in MangoApps.

Cons

Sometimes the updates are pushed and changes made to the UI or to functionality (which sometimes cause bugs) with little to no warning. A better communicated and tested update process would be beneficial.

Response from MangoApps

Joe, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm glad to hear that MangoApps is working well for your company and that things are thriving as you mention. I do hear you loud and clear regarding the update notifications and update process. I will pass along that feedback so that we can address this for yourself and many others. Together we make MangoApps better every day, thank you again for your feedback!

Jamie H. Jamie H.

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

MangoApps is Wonderful!

Pros

The software is very intuitive and has a ton of useful features. We can't imagine trying to communicate to our membership without it! Bonus points for having a great app too!

Cons

Nothing! We've loved using MangoApps and plan to continue using it!

Response from MangoApps

Jamie, thanks for taking the time to review MangoApps! We absolutely love to hear that you enjoy using MangoApps and how well it works for Education Justice Project! Hope to continue this relationship for many many years to come. Cheers!

Juan B. Juan B.

Reviewed on 03/04/2020

MangoApps is Great for your team

Great, while the team is using and feeding the system with contents, this tool will be a great part of your organization.

Pros

while using the system, remote and local users can be not just connected but sharing information, data, wikis, real-time communication, customer information and a lot more.

Cons

maybe it has too much that sometimes is difficult to understand or to reach every functionality

Response from MangoApps

Juan, thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We are pleased to see that it is still a good fit for the workflow at WebFX. As you mentioned, we understand that the span of features may be confusing at times, we are working on improving and defining features to better address that. Thank you again!

Replied 06/06/2020
Grady W. Grady W.

Reviewed on 08/10/2020

MangoApps Is Beneficial

Pros

What I like most about this software is the opportunities it creates to sync together our distanced community.

Cons

The only thing I'd improve about this software is that it has me re-enter my password and username after a few hours of not using it. [Even when I hit the "remember me" function.]

Jane N. Jane N.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 09/01/2021

MyPeers is the best!!!

i love the sight. i visit it daily.

Pros

Loved how the sight is easy to navigate
it allows for people to create groups
the admin did a good job with the create the group for Head start

Cons

there is no con to the software. I would not change a think

John S. John S.

Reviewed on 12/11/2018

11/12/2018 Review by JS

It is rock solid and does exactly what I need. Also, it is very apparent (especially by this survey) that the developers are diligent in making the product better.

Pros

I use MangoApps mostly as a screenshot tool with the ability to annotate. The annotation ability is the best part and the reason why I went with MangoApps.

Cons

Some of the annotations could have more variations. For instance, the arrows are very big. Sometimes I want an arrow is thinner or at least more understated.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your review John! I'm glad to hear that the screenshot aspect of MangoApps meets your needs. I will be sure to pass along the feedback regarding variations in annotation. Thank you again!

Robert C. Robert C.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 08/07/2020

Good Product

Its been nice being able to see and know whats happening at other sites and with our coworkers

Pros

Easy to use to communicate with the whole team

Cons

Sometimes it runs a little slower than we want but what software doesn't

Response from MangoApps

Robert, thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team, thank you again!

Replied 03/08/2020
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 26/04/2019

Just okay, but sometimes helpful

Pros

We use this as the organization's intranet. It's a one-stop site for things like submitting IT tickets, ordering print supplies, and viewing relevant company information. If utilized correctly, it gives employees the opportunity to interact with each other (HR compares it to Facebook, but I wouldn't go that far).

Cons

My organization doesn't fully utilize it (or maybe correctly utilize it?), so the site is pretty messy and unorganized. It's difficult to find things sometimes because there are so many different folders and categories and pages. It would be easier if they cleaned it up and consolidated the extra pages that don't add a lot of value. It seems Mango's interface hasn't been updated in awhile.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your review of MangoApps! I'm glad that it fits well into your workflow, and is helpful when you need it. I understand your frustration regarding how your organization has either underutilized or incorrectly utilized the tools. We'd love to check-in with the Intranet admin and see what we can do to help them with suggestions or guidance for freshening things up. Please have them reach out.

Replied 04/05/2019
Jessica C. Jessica C.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

Convenient

The app is great.

Pros

Easy navigation, easy access, and allows the staff to stay connect on matters at all times.

Cons

Unable to set notifications for separate groups

Response from MangoApps

Jessica, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that MangoApps fits well into your work flow. Thank you again!

Replied 25/04/2019
Jacqualine J. Jacqualine J.

Reviewed on 03/11/2020

I highly recommend MangoApps MyPeers for HeadStart Professionals

My experience with MangoApps has been great. MyPeers is a professional development tool utilized by Federally Funded program Head Start. I use MangoApps to access MyPeers to stay connected to stay informed on new information, networking, and education tools for our program

Pros

I like the networking tools that are embedded into the MangoApps software. I use MyPeers which allows the connections of professionals all over the United States from my computer.

Cons

There are so many tools to use...customizing your page is the best way to go to not be overwhelmed.

Ian H. Ian H.

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

Mango is a must!

Pros

Love the customization and scalability for our organization.

Cons

There's a lot of clicking to accomplish relatively simple tasks.

Bob S. Bob S.

Reviewed on 30/11/2015

MangoApps is a great way to stay connected in the workplace

Pros

I like the point system MangoApps implemented to encourage me to explore the entire site. Using achievements as an incentive to learn was very fun!

Cons

Sometimes the level of customization options were overly-advanced for me. It's nice to have the level of control, but I don't think I would use it to that level.

Russ W. Russ W.

Reviewed on 24/11/2015

MTSI's use of MangoApps

Pros

The product is very tailorable and easy to use. We use it for technical collaboration, proposal development, vetting new ideas, posting questions, etc.

Cons

MangoApps isn't accessible to our employees who work within Government office space since they prohibit the use of social tools.

Jo P. Jo P.

Reviewed on 04/10/2020

Could be good as an intranet for big companies

not intuitive. not built for SME's. better as a big company intranet?

Pros

easy to save the contents and attachments on email by bcc-ing emails to a project

Cons

finding documents. uploading documents on the app. the app in general

Michael D. Michael D.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

MangoApps

Pros

The affordability over its competitors and the ease of use

Cons

Sometimes the website is slow and it gets picky when trying to download many files at once

Response from MangoApps

Michael, thank you for providing us with a review and feedback. Your thoughts are important to us, and I hope that we can continue to grow the product to meet your needs. If you have any other specific ideas, don't hesitate to let us know!

Robert M. Robert M.
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Collaborative Software

Pros

I like the wikis and the ability for team members to add content

Cons

Some of the features and functionality seem a bit dated, could use improvement

Response from MangoApps

Hello Robert, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate any feedback that can better guide us in improving the product and making it more useful and enjoyable for existing and new customers. Please reach out to us any time to let us know which features we can improve upon and any ideas you may have. We take this feedback very seriously and you can bet that much of what we release is based on what our customers are asking for in parallel to solving problems that we see trending in the market.

Jonas B. Jonas B.

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

easy learning but still need a lot of improvement

Great collaboration tool

Pros

easy to use, make good internal communication, we can now have all communication in one system, before we used Trello, WhatsUp, File system and another Intranet for our internal documentation of processes.

Cons

Hard to brand as you want. Some areas are not developed enough, tasks for exampel, task management should be easier, more smart, handle the employees tasks if needed.
Menu structure of pages only one level, should be several sub-categories available

Response from MangoApps

Jonas, thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I will be sure to pass your feedback along. Cheers!

Replied 21/12/2018
Samantha L. Samantha L.

Reviewed on 30/11/2015

MangoApps is an efficient way to stay connected in the workplace

Pros

I really enjoyed the point system that encourages me to explore all over the site. It kept me engaged in learning about options and things.

Cons

I feel like at some point there were too many options! Too many options may confuse some users.

Tyler P. Tyler P.

Reviewed on 21/01/2021

Pros

Product is extremely easy to use, everything I need is accessible

Cons

Some files or pages are difficult to locate

Michael B. Michael B.

Super Awesome

Pros

MangoApps is very easy to use and a great way to stay connected.

Cons

Some of the customization options seem to be over my head.