About Favro

Favro is a project management and collaboration tool with which developers, marketers and executives can plan, track and evolve ideas. Designed to suit the size and needs of any project, Favro allows users to add features and...

Browse Favro Reviews

Michael M.

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Abstract Approach to Cards; Few Limitations

For business partners & employees there was a steep learning curve; BUT Favro’s blog and resources do an amazing job at showing a lot of different management styles & project management approaches being used on the platform. This really helped people with different business and personal backgrounds start with a strong footing. The biggest part of the adoption wasn’t the platform, but how individual actors in the organization wanted to manage projects and action items when there was no platform limitations...

Which for a startup, is definitely required as the business solidified it’s processes over time.

Basically, there were no bottlenecks presenter while doing a myriad of different project types on Favro... that’s a big statement for a platform.

Pros

The platform approaches cards agnostically, but ensures re-use of customizations through templates. Lanes, groups, automation, and tagging make almost anything manageable in Favro... more than almost all others that I’ve worked on for production level projects.

Agnostic to project management styles is a huge benefit when running things in the platform.

Also important, the platform is amazing for how old it is. It’s “young” but I’m sure it will surpass others in terms of features.

Cons

Lanes displayed as standard cards in “My cards” is a bit overwhelming. I’m sure in the future they will keep upgrading to pay a bit more attention to “admin” views and have more “authority” driven dashboard views that summate statistics that currently are only viewable directly to the boards themselves.

Asana, Trello, monday.com and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Favro

Their interface is a new approach, but for really complicated projects that are defined based on a Risk Management approach... Monday.com became very restrictive and a lot of time spent customizing it repeatedly.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Favro

The trajectory of the platform is very clear to me; it will become more abstract yet they will keep up with helpful resources and continue showing their approach is based on real world, practical business standards... not just startups. Their examples and curated walk through a of how businesses use the platform will help keep support for it low in my department. Their approach to agnostic cards also makes it so changing a project’s board or ensuring a department can pivot how it needs without affecting others means a stable use throughout the organization(s).
Renny K.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

Great UI, but lacks depth of functionality

I wouldn't say we had any benefits. We tried it because we liked their other product (Hansoft) which is native, and expected that they would be creating a web-version of what they had or at least something that is feature comparable.

Pros

1. Great UI for KanBan based products
2. Concept of parent child hierarchies that are not limited to 3 or 4 levels (allows us to do great planning). However, this functionality is really tedious to use in the UI, unlike their Hansoft product.
3. Easy to update cards/add comments/add attachments
4. Multiple assignees to cards
5. Tasklist within cards

Cons

1. The parent-child hierarchy is nearly impossible to use due to UI design / usability problems
2. Searching and reporting is completely lacking. I wouldn't even call it mediocre, it's just not there. There is some "filtering" which is absolutely unusable for any large project.
3. No ability to link tasks in any way or mark duplicates.
4. *** NO WAY TO EXPORT DATA *** : BEWARE OF THIS
(I wrote my own export using their API, but lost between 30-50% of the details of each card)

Devan L.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 30/03/2020

Getting organized with Favro

Wonderful - I've never been more organized with my work

Pros

I love the ease of use and the responsive Favro team :)

Cons

No issues so far! This software is superior than the countless others I have tried before it.

Top Favro Alternatives

Furkan E.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

Favro has predatory customer practices

Pros

The UI is acceptable. The general barrier of entry is low.

Cons

I had a horrible customer experience with Favro. I reduced the number of users for this month from 10 down to 2. The billing page had no clear way to degrade the plan to 2 users and I checked everywhere. The only potential button was for "cancel subscription" which would display the message "lose access to favro". Fearing I would lose all the boards, I didn't do this and assumed that the plan would be automatically degraded. No. The plan automatically upgrades when users are added but doesn't downgrade and the customer service doesn't give your money back. This is downright predatory. With no clear option to reduce and no automatic downgrade, I was charged 60 bucks more than what I should be charged. Slack only charges by the number of active users, I'm sure favro can design a way to count the number of users period. Beware of their practices.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Favro

Chris G.

Reviewed on 04/12/2017

Great tool to manage boards/cards/bugs over weekly sprints.

Easier management of sprints and greater insight into time to complete tasks. ie If cards are spanning multiple boards.

The ability to have more granularity over the control of boards was a huge win over trello. That was the main reason for choosing this product over trello.

Pros

We switched from Trello to Favro because managing bugs/tasks across sprints became time consuming. Being able to easily see boards across multiple sprints was a huge win. Also, the fact that bugs are always visible is great as well.

Cons

My main wish is if there was a way to quickly identify clutter. For example, bugs that have not been touched for 6+ months are probably not bugs or have already been fixed. Maybe have a way to call attention to those cards for deletion.

It would also be awesome if there was some sort of "smart" check to let the user know that a card being added may have already been added. It can waste quite a bit of time when you start looking into a bug that someone else has already fixed because it was added twice.

Esther P.

Reviewed on 20/09/2017

Easy to use. Constant improvement. You do feel like part of a family due to good customer...

More structure and a better overview for our project.

Pros

Easy to understand and use.
More project structure than in Trello.
Report abilities
More geared towards scrum with estimations (point system).
Clone function.
Distinction between backlog and board
Templates for boards and collections
Copy function

Cons

Relationship between cards difficult to see and check once a ticket is in a board. Subticket relations are hard to maintain and review.

User role/rights management is very rudimentary and needs improving.

Customer fields is a welcome feature.

Several templates per board or backlog are not possible.

Opening a link to card/board/backlog/ etc. will just open that as a singular entity with no ability to move back to the system properly.

Checklist items are not detailed on any of the reports just how much items there are in a list.

Ability to navigate to the next ticket with a keyboard shortcut.

Ability to scroll through pictures if a ticket has more than one attachment.

Ticketnumber is not displayed on tickets when in board view.

Very little export functions for different systems.

Shun E.

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Intuitive and great for tracking individual tasks

It’s a great tool that is easy for an individual contributor to understand and use for tasks . I hear from the side of project managers that it is a little hard to configure sometimes to keep track of all the nuances of projects and tasks.

Pros

I like the visual format of the software, and the clearly marked columns showing the status of the task(in progress, in review, approved, done, etc). It keeps my managers aware of the status of each of my tasks, and I can choose who to notify. I also like that it notifies people I tag in the comments.

Cons

As a graphic artist who attaches several images to tasks, the time it takes to load an image on screen for viewing is very slow. I did not encounter this on Trello, so surprising. It needs to be much snappier.

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

Better than trello, less complexed than jira, but can be improved,

- Gives more clarity to team and org
- Providing separation of backlog and sprint goals increase the productivity

Pros

- Two separate section really make the backlog and current sprint stories easy to maintain
- Separation also gives the clarity to the team, hence increase the team velocity
- Defining a template for each card is a pretty cool feature.
- Having integration with 3rd party softwares like slack, mail really makes easy to track stories

Cons

- Changing the estimation measure at one place changes at every place
- I dont like the new UI, lot of light colors, decreasing the contrast, can't differentiate between different cards easily
- There should be an easy option to get the address of the card, instead of clicking on the card and then copying the card link
- If u write something and accidentally u refresh page those changes are discarded automatically this should not be the case it can be improved

Andrew H.

Reviewed on 04/06/2018

We needed to manage the workflow of multiple teams working on a single project.

Managing the progress of multiple teams working on the same project.

Pros

It gave a quick and easy way to create and mange the tasks of different teams, while at the same time being able to have teams collaborate and understand what all the other teams are working.

The integration of the other software into Favro was also a benefit since we were already using some of them, and they seamlessly worked into the Favro backend.

Cons

In our line of work we share a lot of large files and it would have been nice if it had something that could have integrated into it that could have handled the large file sharing and also integrated into each individual task.

Julia H.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 25/09/2017

Intuitive and powerful tool for team and cross team collaboration

Better team collaboration and less admin time.

Pros

Favro is fast, intuitive and easy to use which means the team is actually using it! Other project management solutions I've used have ended up taking too much admin time. Favro also gives a really great overview when collaborating across teams and the filtering and search functionalities are working great, making sure you always see the cards that you are interested in.

Cons

There are still some features and integrations that I think are missing.. But the development seems to go pretty fast and I'm sure they'll come sooner or later.

Brian F.

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

Favro - The True All-in-one Project Management tool

Favro is a truly collaborative tool. The tool we used previously claimed to be collaborative, and I even thought it was, but after moving to Favro I'm blown away by the ease with which tickets move from one department to the next, with everyone seeing the full history of the work done on that particular issue. It's brought a lot of transparency and (at the risk of over-using this word...) collaboration to our team.

Pros

The best thing about Favro is the flexibility. No matter what kind of processes you're managing, you'll find a way to do it in Favro. Other apps I've used force you to follow a certain flow; they are, in other words, opinionated. Favro isn't. While it may take you some time to adjust to this tool if you're moving to it from another tool, BE PATIENT BECAUSE IT WILL DEFINITELY BE WORTH IT.

Cons

My complaints about Favro are all trivial. For example, my primary complaint is that the software does not display filenames for attachments. I'd like it to show filenames because we like to refer each other to specific attachments (screenshots, mockups, etc.), which is difficult when you can't refer to them by filename. See? Pretty trivial.

Kirill Y.

Reviewed on 12/10/2016

Try this tool instead of Trello or JIRA

Really Great App!
I used it on mobile with notifications and on Desktop where functionality of it is really rich.
This tool is much faster, easier and more flexible than JIRA and much more powerful than Trello (especially multiple boards and backlogs).
Also it fits to Software development projects, i guess it fits for any types of project: enterprise or personal or small teams startups.
Definitely worth evaluation.

P.S ( and it's very flexible - you can create your own rules :-) )

Pros

no limitations for number of users or objects in the app, multiple boards

Cons

more core features, hierarchy tree in backlog

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

Favro Provides Synergy with My Team

Pros

My job involves working with other people on specific projects. Since we are occupied with other things besides our projects, we all need to set time to find a day to meet and just discuss our projects. I prefer to have a virtual whiteboard which allows us to post all our ideas and jot down notes on tasks needed. Favro software gives us a powerful synergy because we are engaged and focused. We are able to get the work done faster because of the features and service this software provides which means we can tackle more projects in the future.

Cons

When there are a lot of people using the program, it tends to run slower than usual. This needs to be improved because we use this program for our daily tasks.

Carlos P.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

Communicate, plan, collaborate, all in one platform

We managed to become the perfect option to engage all the work team in a common goal, the fulfillment of projects in record time and with favorable results, motivates team members to be better every day in their different areas of work

Pros

Friendly platform to work, it is flexible and has a lot of potential, it allows you to follow up the projects, you can list the tasks of the projects on cards and organize them according to the priority of each one and be aware of the status of each

Cons

It would be excellent if it is possible to identify with colors or with some character that highlights errors or details in order to eliminate them once they have been corrected during the execution of the project.

Steve P.

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

Favorite project management tool ever!

Pros

It's simple yet flexible, you can make it do some very simple things like you can in Trello, but also it's fantastic for teams and manager's in that you can get a big overall view of an organisation easily, and only give people what they need to do their jobs. Simply, brilliant.

Cons

Right now the only downside of this tool is the Android app (haven't tried iPhone). It's laid out pretty well but slow to load and a bit buggy at times, i.e. the screen freezes. It's the sort of tool best used on desktop anyway, so not a huge issue, but it would be nice to be able to take faster notes and make quick changes more easily on the go.

Mike S.

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

Excellent platform for tracking complex tasks

Pros

Our company has a lot of employees. On average, even a small project has 500-600 users. I can’t imagine how we would organize work without Favro, because it’s physically impossible to track the work of all employees on our own.

Cons

It is difficult to make friends cards among themselves. Also, when a large number of subtasks appear, the workflow threatens to turn into chaos. Therefore, I believe that we need to add more structuring tools to the interface.

Christoffer S.

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

Favro solves most of my problems. It needs some UX refinements and a better hierarchy ux in...

Pros

It's easiness to use and get new teams/people to use it is as simply as showing it to them. No more long demos and pros/cons meetings. Burndowncharts and reports do work very well and is one of the better built in features.

Cons

It is hard to get a grip on hierarchy when viewing a card directly. The focus on hours in many views creates some problems for us that want to get a good overview on points estimations. The biggest caveat currently though are that you have to be logged in to see a report or burndowncharts which makes it impossible for us to visualize how the sprint is going for the team on our screens.

Benjamin M.

Reviewed on 22/05/2018

Organisation never got easier. I feel like productivity in my company is a direct result of...

The main benefits are to organised the work allotted to my team of artists and developers. We are very productive when we know exactly what needs to be done, the timescale to do it in, and the current progress of the work.

Pros

The best part of Favro are the powerful abilities to manage sprints and delegate work to other colleagues.

Cons

The most unfortunate part of Favro is the difficulty which is present while using the mobile version (iOS) of the application. for example, you can not save or zoom in on photos attached to cards. Also, when you are attempting to change to another column, you often accidentally drag cards and place them in the incorrect columns.

Marcelo B.

Reviewed on 20/09/2017

The best UX when dealing with software development tools

It was easy to create roadmap and todo-boards for teams all across the company, share and create "release" boards as a combination of epics between all the teams. That way, we can share the vision and the future of the company based on what people are doing!

Pros

+ Lots of features and integrations with other systems.
+ Great customer support (they are on our slack channel).
+ Public roadmap available for customers.
+ Convention over Configuration, however, is still possible to customize it for your needs.
+ Works well across devices

Cons

- Consumes a lot of memory on the browser, and sometimes get stuck.
- They don't have a desktop app yet.

Saurabh B.

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

Best project management and collaboration tool out there!

Pros

Ease of use! Its integration with other software apps like Jira is very convenient. I also enjoy the user interface which is very eye catchy

Cons

The pricing is a bit too much. They should seriously consider reducing the price as it will attract more customers

Mariia P.

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

Even better than Trello

Pros

Our company has long used Trello to coordinate the work of different employees. But with the development of the business and the expansion of the staff, using Trello became inconvenient. We switched to Favro, and it turned out to be a very good solution. The interface here is much simpler, new employees master it in a few days.

Cons

Sometimes I can’t get into Favro the first time. At first, I thought I just forgot the password. But then I realized that I needed to wait 5 minutes and try again. I hope this problem will be fixed soon.

Braden L.

Reviewed on 27/10/2016

I still miss Trello

My company made the switch to Favro and it has been _fine_

The number one thing i miss about favor is the ability to filter just cards that were assigned to me. I understand that there is a todo list on the right side that lists thing assigned to me but I can't parse it as well as when I could see trello items assigned to me and which columns they were in. For a large project with lots of collaboration favro does seem better as things can belong to multiple categories and multiple people can complete there portion of the task at once. Mainly I just wish I could use favro as usual and just hit a checkbox to see only cards that I am assigned to across the whole project.

Pros

Better for a project with lots of collaboration

Cons

can't easily see cards that are just assigned to me besides in the single todo list view which I am not a fan off because it stacks everything i need to do and makes it hard to parse, is my todo blocked, in progress?

Thomas M.

Reviewed on 19/09/2017

Favro is used to drive our software development process for sprint and task planning and...

Good balance between easiness and features compared to other solution like Trello or Jira

Pros

Great Link with github making our R&D flow seamless between scrub management and bug triage made in Favro and code and branches on Github.

Cons

Sometimes it is pretty slow, and led some dev to do everything in github.
We forget a lot to hit save and we have lost many time some edition on some card, super frustrating.

Jacin H.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

Favro helps me manage my team

As an avid TRELLO user, Favro came in and fixed several key issues that TRELLO didn’t offer. The ability to create dashboards and to have an age on our cards made all the difference when it came to managing our projects.

Pros

Ability to create dashboard of boards, Kansan cycle time tracker helped foster difficult improvement discussions

Cons

Did to the depth of tools, it took a while to get my team comfortable with it.

Darcy R.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

It's basically Trello on crack

Project management and team visibility - which is what I was looking for

Pros

It's got a very Trello kanban interface which is more suitable for project managing across a whole engineering organization. Most tools focus on agile for developers and they leave out design, admin, etc... But, Favro has a combination of good Github integration and flexibility to support other departments. We do everything in Favro.

Cons

More customization around grouping issues, dependencies,
Github integration could be made better. But, it's one of the best out there.

Better github bi-directional support. Basically anything that happens in Github and vice versa
PRs could be related to issues and then close those issues when a PR is created. Wishlist stuff

Increased workflow customization is needed. But, these are features that can happen over time and make a good product better.