About Favro

Favro is a project management and collaboration tool with which developers, marketers and executives can plan, track and evolve ideas. Designed to suit the size and needs of any project, Favro allows users to add features and...

4.1
4.1
4.2

Browse Favro Reviews

Arturo

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

As simple or as complex and you need it to be for light project management. Like Trello on...

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set rules, easy to create and assign tasks.
Once you set the rules and procedures adapted to your processes, it's very easy to use and to keep organized. I recommend spending some time setting up processes and rules: It'll make your project management bulletproof, even when multiple team members collaborate in one board.
It's also very easy to switch from one board to the other and it's easy to differentiate your dashboards from one another.
Integrations are amazing, you can connect with many other third-party software.

Cons

Centralized time tracking is not offered, making project accounting difficult.
Multiple clients or projects might require different ways of working, so I recommend diving into the details of the platform to fully understand it and master it.
It also does not provide Gantt chart or project completion graphs that are so useful. I recommend complementing this platform with other tools for these features.
Integrations are very useful to compensate for these cons.

Travis Anna

Reviewed on 25/05/2018

Favro's main competitive advantage is the hierarchical listing of cards to help organize...

Project management is challenging in startups. Things are moving fast and devoting the resources to tracking progress on reaching goals and organizing your team isn't easy. Favro helps us communicate as a team and track progress on our big goals. The customized collections and views enable our strategic team to look at the "big picture" while our developers can look at the day to day task list, but all our information is synced up.

Pros

The primary reason we went with Favro was the ability to hierarchically organize cards (like Asana) but also organize workflows like a Kanban tool. This fits our team approach the best. I also like that cards are the atomic unit of organization and that individual cards can show up in multiple boards, backlogs, and collections. In addition, the multiple and cutomizable collections is also helpful.

But one of the best parts of Favro is their responsive and intelligent customer service reps who are able to answer questions quickly and effectively.

Cons

The UI is very text heavy and doesn't allow for incorporating custom iconography. Icons improve efficiency in working with SaaS tools and I see places that would help in Favro. The pricing tiers seem steep. Doubling the monthly rate for an increase from 5 to 10 users feels inappropriate.

Renny
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

Great UI, but lacks depth of functionality

I wouldn't say we had any benefits. We tried it because we liked their other product (Hansoft) which is native, and expected that they would be creating a web-version of what they had or at least something that is feature comparable.

Pros

1. Great UI for KanBan based products
2. Concept of parent child hierarchies that are not limited to 3 or 4 levels (allows us to do great planning). However, this functionality is really tedious to use in the UI, unlike their Hansoft product.
3. Easy to update cards/add comments/add attachments
4. Multiple assignees to cards
5. Tasklist within cards

Cons

1. The parent-child hierarchy is nearly impossible to use due to UI design / usability problems
2. Searching and reporting is completely lacking. I wouldn't even call it mediocre, it's just not there. There is some "filtering" which is absolutely unusable for any large project.
3. No ability to link tasks in any way or mark duplicates.
4. *** NO WAY TO EXPORT DATA *** : BEWARE OF THIS
(I wrote my own export using their API, but lost between 30-50% of the details of each card)

Top Favro Alternatives

Skyler
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 08/11/2019

Favro Is One To Look Out For!

I have used Favro for project overviews and estimates. It's worked very well and really helps me visualize time spent and time allocated.

Pros

Favro is a very interesting concept that I would not have supported on paper. But, in application, it works exceptionally well. It is a great way of visualizing tasks and seeing how projects are progressing. It fits exactly how I think about projects and works very well.

Cons

I found myself feeling like I was missing something when I first started using Favro. I wish there was a quick tutorial or overview video that wouldn't take all day or multiple parts to get into. Something to get me started.

Vincentas
  • Industry: Wireless

Reviewed on 26/07/2019

Trello on Steroids

Pros

More powerful project management tool then trello
The fact that you can link cards across different projects
Multiple possibilities to customize and integrate

Cons

We tried to use in a way it was not supposed to be used. After all nuances were aired out - Favro became useful and convenient

Nathan
  • Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

A great, intuitive tool for tracking tasks and monitoring project process.

Good, collective high-level alignment for our project. More team involvement in the production process.

Pros

The intuitiveness and flexibility of Favro's boards makes it one of the easiest production tools to use for high-level planning and execution.
The visual design also makes it more appealing to use for most creative-minded folks.

Cons

The same flexibility that is great in some situations works against Favro in other situations. Templatizing for work flows and bug tracking is not as easy to do in Favro currently.
It is very pricey, especially if you would like to try it out for personal use.

Carlos
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

Communicate, plan, collaborate, all in one platform

We managed to become the perfect option to engage all the work team in a common goal, the fulfillment of projects in record time and with favorable results, motivates team members to be better every day in their different areas of work

Pros

Friendly platform to work, it is flexible and has a lot of potential, it allows you to follow up the projects, you can list the tasks of the projects on cards and organize them according to the priority of each one and be aware of the status of each

Cons

It would be excellent if it is possible to identify with colors or with some character that highlights errors or details in order to eliminate them once they have been corrected during the execution of the project.

Steve

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

Favorite project management tool ever!

Pros

It's simple yet flexible, you can make it do some very simple things like you can in Trello, but also it's fantastic for teams and manager's in that you can get a big overall view of an organisation easily, and only give people what they need to do their jobs. Simply, brilliant.

Cons

Right now the only downside of this tool is the Android app (haven't tried iPhone). It's laid out pretty well but slow to load and a bit buggy at times, i.e. the screen freezes. It's the sort of tool best used on desktop anyway, so not a huge issue, but it would be nice to be able to take faster notes and make quick changes more easily on the go.

Darcy
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

It's basically Trello on crack

Project management and team visibility - which is what I was looking for

Pros

It's got a very Trello kanban interface which is more suitable for project managing across a whole engineering organization. Most tools focus on agile for developers and they leave out design, admin, etc... But, Favro has a combination of good Github integration and flexibility to support other departments. We do everything in Favro.

Cons

More customization around grouping issues, dependencies,
Github integration could be made better. But, it's one of the best out there.

Better github bi-directional support. Basically anything that happens in Github and vice versa
PRs could be related to issues and then close those issues when a PR is created. Wishlist stuff

Increased workflow customization is needed. But, these are features that can happen over time and make a good product better.

Ben

Reviewed on 22/05/2018

One of the easiest ways to manage tasks for the week

We've now been able to track tasks across the team and separate out the workboards for different team members

Pros

+ Separates backlogs from the weekly Kanban
+ Can be used by engineers as well as non-engineers
+ Integrates to Slack really well!!

Cons

- A bit clunky switching between projects
- Tagging someone on a task doesn't always let them know about updates to the task (Asana does this better)
- Would be nice to be able to comment and do things from Slack that posts directly to Favro

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

It's a great start - but hope they start adding more features soon...

It has been good overall - I think they just need to making updates and improvements more often.

Pros

I like how it flows and how cards can be in multiple areas. I like how the cards can be built out and be pretty custom. While we haven't been able to get them 100% for our needs - we've been able to get close. I also like how you can see a full history of everything that has happened. The workflow rules are nice (these seem pretty basic though - would love more options for these).

Cons

I'll be honest, I don't know the history of Favro or how long it has been around. We've been using it for around 4-5 months and it is replacing some of the other tools we were using. But the impression I am getting from it is that it is still in a beta phase. The main bones are there but it could really use additional features, or improvements made to the ones there. I haven't seen a single update since I've started using it in this time, and when you reach out asking if Favro does something they are helpful to offering other ways you can use the tool if the feature you want isn't available, but if the feature isn't there they just say they will make note but don't offer any other information. As someone who also works for a SAAS company I am not expecting any etas on anything, but having been almost 5 months and no updates to anything have happened it makes me wonder what's going on...

One of my biggest pet peeves is with the custom fields, I wish there was an option to hide them from the card face because on some of our teams we had to stop using them because it made the cards too long. This was disappointing because they were super helpful, but when you have 30-40 cards in one lane - it's a lot to scroll through.

Something else that needs improvement is alerts and knowing what all is assigned to you. I could have 100+ cards at one time and "my feed" is not an easy way for me to see what all I need to do.

Furkan
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

Favro has predatory customer practices

Pros

The UI is acceptable. The general barrier of entry is low.

Cons

I had a horrible customer experience with Favro. I reduced the number of users for this month from 10 down to 2. The billing page had no clear way to degrade the plan to 2 users and I checked everywhere. The only potential button was for "cancel subscription" which would display the message "lose access to favro". Fearing I would lose all the boards, I didn't do this and assumed that the plan would be automatically degraded. No. The plan automatically upgrades when users are added but doesn't downgrade and the customer service doesn't give your money back. This is downright predatory. With no clear option to reduce and no automatic downgrade, I was charged 60 bucks more than what I should be charged. Slack only charges by the number of active users, I'm sure favro can design a way to count the number of users period. Beware of their practices.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Favro

Esther

Reviewed on 20/09/2017

Easy to use. Constant improvement. You do feel like part of a family due to good customer...

More structure and a better overview for our project.

Pros

Easy to understand and use.
More project structure than in Trello.
Report abilities
More geared towards scrum with estimations (point system).
Clone function.
Distinction between backlog and board
Templates for boards and collections
Copy function

Cons

Relationship between cards difficult to see and check once a ticket is in a board. Subticket relations are hard to maintain and review.

User role/rights management is very rudimentary and needs improving.

Customer fields is a welcome feature.

Several templates per board or backlog are not possible.

Opening a link to card/board/backlog/ etc. will just open that as a singular entity with no ability to move back to the system properly.

Checklist items are not detailed on any of the reports just how much items there are in a list.

Ability to navigate to the next ticket with a keyboard shortcut.

Ability to scroll through pictures if a ticket has more than one attachment.

Ticketnumber is not displayed on tickets when in board view.

Very little export functions for different systems.

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

Better than trello, less complexed than jira, but can be improved,

- Gives more clarity to team and org
- Providing separation of backlog and sprint goals increase the productivity

Pros

- Two separate section really make the backlog and current sprint stories easy to maintain
- Separation also gives the clarity to the team, hence increase the team velocity
- Defining a template for each card is a pretty cool feature.
- Having integration with 3rd party softwares like slack, mail really makes easy to track stories

Cons

- Changing the estimation measure at one place changes at every place
- I dont like the new UI, lot of light colors, decreasing the contrast, can't differentiate between different cards easily
- There should be an easy option to get the address of the card, instead of clicking on the card and then copying the card link
- If u write something and accidentally u refresh page those changes are discarded automatically this should not be the case it can be improved

Damiaan
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 28/10/2016

EXCELLENT, but a few minor functionalities missing

We've recently made the transition from Trello to Favro, and on the whole we're very happy with the quality of the software and the service provided. The only constructive criticism i have is:

- having to download linked files to preview them, in trello you could view files linked to cards in browser without having to download them first. This is an essential functionality that favro is sorely lacking!

- when you have multiple long collections of different long lists, it can become quite complicated to navigate around the collections, maybe an expanded set of shortcuts allowing you to jump from collection to collection and card to card could be quite useful in terms of the user experience. At the moment it can be quite tricky to find specific cards in big collections.

Cheers,

Damiaan

Pros

Great UI and UX design, very useful for keeping track of big projects with lots of moving parts

Cons

no linked file preview on cards,

confusing to navigate large collections

Jonathan

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

Great software! Highly recommendable for any business!

Our overall experience is very positive. We are extremely satisfied with the system, as we use it to both manage our day-to-day tasks and our various projects - both client projects and internal projects. We use a mix of agile and waterfall methodology when planning and managing our projects and the possibility to create a project plan (tree view) and have a corresponding board next it, is one of our favorite features!

Pros

The flexibility of being able to set up multiple collections with boards and lists (even project plans). It makes a mix of conventional project management methods (waterfall) and agile methodology work in one software. Furthermore the reports which can be created out of the software bring even more value to managing the business with Favro.

Cons

One thing that is missing for our organization is the possiblity to sort the cards when looking at "Cards assigned to me".

Reviewed on 26/05/2020

Updated review

This is still a really good tool for my company to manage projects with external stakeholders, the UI was a big improvement but there are still some issues that make it a little bit frustrating when you use it everyday.

Pros

A couple of months ago they changed the user interface of Favro, which I think it was a good improvement. It's easier to navigate around boards and to find cards. Also, reporting tool is really good.

Cons

It takes too much time to load, and the drag and drop functionality is very buggy. Also since they changed the UI, it's difficult to find your cards and notifications, also not every time an email is sent to external guests.

Julia
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 25/09/2017

Intuitive and powerful tool for team and cross team collaboration

Better team collaboration and less admin time.

Pros

Favro is fast, intuitive and easy to use which means the team is actually using it! Other project management solutions I've used have ended up taking too much admin time. Favro also gives a really great overview when collaborating across teams and the filtering and search functionalities are working great, making sure you always see the cards that you are interested in.

Cons

There are still some features and integrations that I think are missing.. But the development seems to go pretty fast and I'm sure they'll come sooner or later.

• Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

A stable, daily companion at work

Fast issue creation and a nice boards. Helps organize the workflow and have a quick overview of the state of development.

Pros

It's fast and easy to use. Since it seems to have been developed in Meteor, everything is synced up quickly. There haven't been any major bugs so it's a very stable product.

Cons

It's sorely lacking a mobile app that's compatible with most common android versions. It doesn't do anything super special, so a webview should do the trick.

At the moment, a JS-API would be really awesome, since it's bothersome to write hosted plugins. Trello has a functional JS-API.

Kirill

Reviewed on 12/10/2016

Try this tool instead of Trello or JIRA

Really Great App!
I used it on mobile with notifications and on Desktop where functionality of it is really rich.
This tool is much faster, easier and more flexible than JIRA and much more powerful than Trello (especially multiple boards and backlogs).
Also it fits to Software development projects, i guess it fits for any types of project: enterprise or personal or small teams startups.
Definitely worth evaluation.

P.S ( and it's very flexible - you can create your own rules :-) )

Pros

no limitations for number of users or objects in the app, multiple boards

Cons

more core features, hierarchy tree in backlog

Adam
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 19/09/2017

Favro is a great tool and very easy to use.

It makes our daily tasks much more managable. Especially the ones with multiple users working on the same project.

Pros

I love the way cards can be shared across multiple boards. This makes our business tasks much easier to manage as different departments have different access levels for each board. The ability to add media files is also a fantastic feature.

Cons

We used to use Hansoft before the switch over. I feel Favro is lacking a decent burndown feature. The option to just show the title of a card would be really helpful. With the ability to maximise the full card if you are working on a project.

Sylvie

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

Convenient to work with a large team

Pros

Our company has a very high load and hard work: every day we carry out 7-10 projects. So that employees always clearly know their task, we use Favro. It is ideal for visualizing tasks. Employees can be assigned to each of them and it is easy to track progress.

Cons

It is a pity that the performance of the application on different platforms is very different. On Android it is impossible to work, the application crashes constantly. But on iOS, everything is in order.

Mike

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

Excellent platform for tracking complex tasks

Pros

Our company has a lot of employees. On average, even a small project has 500-600 users. I can’t imagine how we would organize work without Favro, because it’s physically impossible to track the work of all employees on our own.

Cons

It is difficult to make friends cards among themselves. Also, when a large number of subtasks appear, the workflow threatens to turn into chaos. Therefore, I believe that we need to add more structuring tools to the interface.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Great For Keeping Track of Projects

I think it works great. I was a little skeptical when first thinking of using it, but now I like it much better than any other task management system I've used!

Pros

I love the fact that it incorporates a spreadsheet element and "cards" and seamlessly pulls from one to the other. Super easy to wrap my head around that system!

Cons

There are occasionally little bugs that I run into, but they honestly seem to be really good at updating and fixing those things that I do encounter.

Daivat

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

Does what it is intended to do

Pros

- This has saved countless hours for the product team as Sales and Support can look up FAQs about products without having to ping individuals each time they have a question
- The verification engine is very well thought out and works like a charm
- Slack integration is great as that is where most users first start when they have a question

Cons

- It is a bit pricey if you want to use all the functionality including Salesforce integration and analytics