FlowMapp Reviews

About FlowMapp

FlowMapp is a UX solution that helps businesses streamline processes related to customer journey mapping, user flow designing, prototyping, flowchart creation, and more from within a unified platform. It allows staff members to...

4.9

Browse FlowMapp Reviews

Hamed
Hamed

Reviewed on 21/06/2023

A great assistant tool for AI and user flow design

I've been using FlowMapp for many years in my studio and academy. Its pictograms in sitemap make IA and user flow more beautiful and usable, specially when we need to present it for our design customers! The collaboration and communication options is so useful to accelerate the feedback process. I use this tool in our academy to educate IA and user flow instead of some general tools like Miro. Because it helps my students to understand the logical relation between information architecture and user flow design.

Pros

One of its unique features is the logical relation between information architecture items and user flow design section. So we can use IA items to design user flows and it avoids a mess in hierarchy.

Cons

It will be great if it support RTL languages in design.

FigJam

Reasons for Choosing FlowMapp

FlowMapp is dedicated and optimized for UX design.

Miro

Reasons for Switching to FlowMapp

FlowMapp is dedicated and optimized for UX design.
Tammy
Tammy

Reviewed on 04/08/2021

Great organizer and time saver!

Content & photo gathering. Mockups, user flow, customer journey, wireframes. Such a time saver and keeps everything so organized!

Pros

The FlowMapp platform is fantastic! Being able to add our team and clients with different levels of access has saved us SO much time in gathering content and images not to mention creating an easy-to-use working sitemap, customer journey maps, user flows, and personas (all with premade templates, or from scratch!) We can't say enough awesome things about these guys!👏😃

Cons

Needs an undo button to erase mistakes. Nothing else!

Mockplus and Lucidchart

Cost and ease of use.

Figma

Reasons for Switching to FlowMapp

Cost and ease of use along with all the extras they've added!
Dídac
Dídac

Reviewed on 24/01/2024

My tool to creat Sitemaps

Pros

You can create visual sitemaps super easy

Cons

There are some options that still to develope

Miro and MindMeister

Reasons for Switching to FlowMapp

Easy to use, the capacity to make sitemaps easy and the Black Friday offer

Top FlowMapp Alternatives

Chiara
Chiara
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Packs too much into a visual sitemap editor

Pros

I like how easy it is to create a nicely spaced site map for a web project and add contextual info to each element/page. It's nice to see an attempt at boosting sitemaps creation by adding a way to handle content, but I'm not too sure they nailed it just yet.

Cons

I think the UI is very cluttered and it makes it hard to absorb the info the sitemap is trying to convey. I also think the pricing is a bit excessive

Fabiano
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 29/11/2023

Best Experience for Site Mapping

Excellent Experience. Highly recommended.

Pros

As far as I know, this is the best tool for site mapping. We can have an information architecture source of truth and work together as a team with content, merchandising UX and UI.

Cons

It could have different nav sessions (primary nav bar, secondary, and subpages for the independent pages and footer pages)

Rafael
Rafael

Reviewed on 25/03/2021

Wow! FlowMapp has given me peace of mind!

I sincerely have peace of mind now. I manage a ton of projects, ideas are always popping up and bugs are inevitable. The sheer amount of thoughts I manage daily can be overwhelming. FlowMapp helps me organize the present and future in a beautiful way.

Pros

FLowMapp is clearly created by product developers, designers and project managers. What I like most is the beautiful user interface. Creating projects is super easy and each project can have the master sitemap, funnels, user journeys and personas grouped by project. I also like the labeling system which allows me to quickly see the status of each paid... is it in progress, done or pending etc.

Cons

I'd love for FlowMapp to integrate with Nifty PM. This would be a lights game changer. However, even without the integration, I am thrilled to be a FlowMapp user!

Thomas
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 17/07/2023

Comprehensive Feature set, Easy-to-use Experience, Great for my productivity!

Great experience! Easy to get started, easy to understand even when I come back to my flow days later, and easy to customize!

Pros

The comprehensive feature set has completely drawn me to FlowMapp away from other tools. I like that I can draw both User Flows and visualize our website Sitemaps in one tool, and allow me to share just one link to get feedback from clients.

Cons

The drawing tools could be simplified to make it faster to draw user flows, such as one-click creation of new boxes and connections.

Miro and Octopus.do

Reasons for Switching to FlowMapp

the value proposition and the comprehensive featureset of the tool
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

A Nicely Designed, Very Helpful Project Planning tool!

My overall experience with Flowmapp has been great. I use the tool mainly for creating client sitemaps and tracking development which it does the job well for. The support team is very friendly and responsive and has already made minor improvements based on my feedback.

Pros

It was very easy to get started and start creating sitemaps for my client projects. The UI is robust and easy to use for the most part and offers the features I needed, along with others I may start to utilize more. The discussion, file, and status tagging features definitely help it stand out.

Cons

There is current no white label option, so you are stick with the FM branding. It's minmal but would be helpful in an agency setting when showing to clients. Overall sitemap functionality gets harder to use with large sitemaps and pages are large and it can be hard to get a birds-eye view of a project on a medium-large website. It would also be nice to have an easier way to create a sitemap based on a current site by simply entering the site link instead of XML file.

Dani

Reviewed on 20/09/2023

Perfect for the web project I used Flowmapp for

Great! I would use again for another project

Pros

User testing and client account onboarding were fantastic. All involved in the project found the platform easy to use and navigate.

Cons

None! no changes needed that I could find.

Canva

Reasons for Switching to FlowMapp

It is especially designed for the process I had in mind.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 24/01/2024

Great visualization tool for non-technical users

Pros

Laying out a proposed content reorganization to busy team leaders was tricky and Flowmapp helped them visualize the proposed change and comment on gaps

Cons

It took a little explanation to help users comment on the flows, but after a tiny learning curve it was fine.

Randy
Randy

Reviewed on 02/12/2020

A Well-Integrated UX Tool that Promises to Become a Comprehensive Solution

The software is robust, and it took a bit of playing around to grasp some of the more nuanced options available. The sitemapping tool is pretty easy to pick up, but working with personas has been a little more challenging – a tutorial prompt/guide would be helpful.

Pros

The sitemapping tool is incredible. Not only are you able to create traditional sitemaps (which you can view either visually or in a tree structure), but you can also designate sections and content within each page of that map. This means that you can create really robust outlines for the entire contents of a website that make it really easy to collaborate between strategists, designers, developers, and stakeholders in the website design process.

Each page can also have a "cover" that gives a general concept of what the page layout might look like (for example, to provide an at-a-glance distinction between a landing page, a blog index page, a single article page, and a contact page). They have a default cover set, or you can create and upload your own.

The persona development tool is one that I've only just begun playing with, but it already seems pretty powerful and helpful in developing user experiences and flows.

The thing that has me most excited, though, is the way all the various pieces of FlowMapp integrate with one another. The sitemap you create flows into the user flow, which uses the personas and allows you to create seamless customer journeys. Rumor has it that they're working on a wireframing tool as a part of the FlowMapp toolkit, and I can't wait to see how that integrates with the rest of their products.

Cons

The sitemapping tool was really easy for me to just pick up and begin using, but the persona tool would benefit from having a tutorial/walkthrough prompt. It's a really robust offering, but the nuances have taken me a while to figure out.

Victoria
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 21/11/2020

Bundled features make it easy

Pros

It was quite easy for us to adopt using Flowmapp for our use. The availability of customer journey maps, personas, user flows and sitemaps combined with collaboration really allows us to get a good comprehensive view of our customer and translate it into product requirements and website enhancements.

Cons

Currently unable to connect projects together. Sometimes we have projects that are complimentary or dependent on each other. Being able to link sitemaps of different projects together would be great. Also, sometimes we might have a few sitemaps that are part of one project (eg. think master site + 1+ microsites) that are linked together. Currently the projects within Flowmapp only allow 1 sitemap per project.
Finally, for the Team plan there are only 5 users. It doesn't look like you can add an extra user, if needed without having to move to a larger plan.

Smaply and UXPressia

Reasons for Choosing FlowMapp

Flowmapp looks like I can pretty much do everything as I was able to in UXpressia. It has a flexible template structure and a variety of options/cards including icons, ability to add images, emoticon graph to highlight user sentiment journey etc. We can also attach multiple personas to each journey and the persona templates are extensive and completely customizable with different blocks, text, quotes, scales and graphs.

UXPressia

Reasons for Switching to FlowMapp

Flowmapp seems to have very similar, if not more, features compared to a couple of other tools we looked at before. But they were priced higher than even UXPressia. I feel because of the additional features like SiteMaps and user flow diagrams, and the price point FlowMapp is definitely a great option for us.

Response from FlowMapp

We have plans in the roadmap regarding the aspects to improve you've mentioned

Robert
Robert

Reviewed on 04/03/2021

Flowmapp - Best tool for sitmaps & website content planning.

Overall, the system is wonderful. It's easy to use, robust for medium sized teams, and it really helps you to plan out user interface, website content, customer journeys, and to create visuals to support the complex world of user interface. I would absolutely recommend this product. Seriously - great for websites and marketing agencies. This is the best user interface, content planning, and sitemap software for web design agencies, marketing companies and the like.

Pros

I love how this is built precisely for marketing and web design companies. I love the site map tool, the customer journey tool, and the way you can plan out the sections for a website. This is the perfect tool for web design agencies to get organized, keep their processes synced up, share across team members and stay organized.

Cons

Nothing - we have legitmately loved using this from the get-go. WHen we started back in 2019, i was able to use it quickly, it solved problems fast, and i've only had one little customer support request that had to do with transferring between another use and they did it right away.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

A simple sitemap tool grows into a full suite of UX tools

Overall, a pretty snappy tool that eliminates the need to draw sitemaps, flow-charts, etc manually in Sketch/Figma. The ability to add custom card covers should allow designers to integrate flows into their presentations easily. New features (CJMs and Personas) should be appreciated by UX analysts and anyone trying to have all their project info consolidated in a single space. Been using the service for a couple of years now, so far it's been mostly convenient.

Pros

Pretty simple and intuitive UI, very easy to start building a sitemap or a user flow. Lots of new features — CJMs and User Personas were a welcome addition, if not always necessary — it's good to have these tools available in a single service. Collaboration and being able to invite people into a project is definitely a plus. The support team seems friendly enough : )

Cons

At this point, the pricing is a bit higher than I'd expect. I wouldn't mind a standalone app, but the web app seems to work well enough. The UI itself could be improved, but that's about it in terms of cons.

draw.io and Miro

Reasons for Switching to FlowMapp

Other drawing tools are more generic and primally designed for drawing/making generic flow-charts or mind maps, etc. FlowMapp is definitely focused on UI and UX scenarios. The thing is tailored for product or UI designers or UX analysts, which is why I prefer it to other tools.
Niclas

Reviewed on 07/05/2021

FlowMapp for planning and organizing team efforts in product developments is amazing

Pros

The sheer ease of use is hard to find a match with elsewhere. It's not only fun and easy to organize stuff, it's also easy to read, find and collaborate on - and we only expect even more from 2.0 that is around the corner.

Excellent product with few and minor shortcomings.

Cons

There are some usability quirks that makes the whole experience come up shy of a full score.
Some being for example that its impossible to have multiple sitemaps in a project, or being able to copy and paste user flows while maintaining connections (the connection are lost on paste).
It could use some of the typical quality of life features you see everywhere else - but I also assume much of those things will happen with 2.0 around the corner.

I'd also love to see more ambitious native integrations with apps like Figma, Slack and ClickUp/Jira.

Patsy
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 04/10/2021

Wouldn't be without it

See above. Also, quite intuitive and the support team is there to get you moving if you get stuck (example: adding text to the logic shapes on the User Flow).

Pros

I started reviewing webpages for a customer for recommending edits. Once the process got into the second and third round, it became such a time-consuming effort to keep track of what edits were still outstanding. I found FlowMapp on Google, mocked-it up and showed to my customer...including a User Flow to manage the pass-off of the pages. What a relief to have a pictorial of the site...and if my name is not on the "Label", I am not needed that day. Customer loves it, subscribed and took ownership of the subscription. We love that after an update has been made to FlowMapp as to the status of edits on a page, that a notice can be sent with detail to our inbox...a "one tool" solution.

Cons

Our website has an enormous number of "Learning Pages"...therefore the same level on the hierarchy. In order to see them all, we need to shrink the page to 40%. It would be much better if you had a choice to list these vertically. I know there is a vertical view in the "Text" view, but I'd like this option in the graphic view as well. Also, each time you enter FlowMapp, it would be good if your previous scale and location were saved. (Each time I enter I need to scale down and scroll over.)

Dishita
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

It was fun and mostly easy to use for my first time with it and I got a really good output with it for a UI flow I had to design for my college project.

Pros

From the banner itself, it feels like it will have good graphics and will be fun to use. The option to add small graphics to lines or elements makes it so much more appealing and communicable.

Cons

The arrows or connections can't be changed on an element, if you used right side connection, it will remain that way which makes it difficult to freely move the elements about.
Maybe some more arrow styles based on standards could be added? Like double sided arrow ends to show the flow going both ways etc.
Also, maybe I didn't understand it, but I would like to have different pages to be accessible from the main flow map? There might be some mini flows that fit in the big pic. If I am making a flow and have a connecting sub flow that I want to modify while I am working on the big one...so maybe I click on the connector and I get a new pop up screen/ page or whatever where I can design the subflow and then I can get out of that screen to get back to my main. Then when I print the main, it will show the circle connector there but while printing, all the subflows will also print systematically as part of it. I won't have to hunt things down or select separately (though even that is a good feature to have). It will be connected as opposed to being a separate flow itself like you get by duplicating etc...you can't link them right now can you?

Dapo
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 26/11/2020

This is a breeze to use!

Pros

It makes it so easy to draw user flows, I feel like a dinosaur coming from using Visio to try and do UX flows to this tool which is dedicated to UX user flows and it shows.

The interface is easy to follow and I love the sharing aspect.

Cons

Not much, I really wish they get a move on and build integration with Jira. It would be awesome.

Response from FlowMapp

Appreciate the review, Dapo
We will add more integrations in the future.

Noriko

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

Everything in one place

Pros

This tool is easy to use and you can do many things in one place. It's very intuitive and collaborative.

Cons

There are some UX issues that could be improved, especially when building user flows (some changes get lost or is hard to move all elements at once)

Martin

Reviewed on 15/01/2021

Flowmapp provides systematic structure for app modeling

Very good experience - a bit pricey for what it is but haven't yet found a better product on the market.

Pros

Intuitive easy to use AI, takes a lot of pain out of drawing flowcharts and sitemaps. Provides a fast and simple structure to turn ideas into tangible designs.

Cons

Can't easily add additional sitemap pages with the same functionalities. Seems focused more on web sites than web and mobile apps.

Kevin
Kevin
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 02/06/2021

Big Fan

Great product, lots of features.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use - anyone on the team can jump in.

Cons

Text editing can sometimes be tricky - but overall it's great.

Juliana
Juliana

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

An intuitive and packed suite for UX

So far, I've had an excellent experience with FlowMapp. It's simple to use and provides all UX tools I need on a daily basis.

Pros

I've tested a lot of different UX tools and FlowMapp is surely one of the most complete ones. It has an intuitive interface that's very easy to navigate. It includes user flows, personas, and easy to use templates for user interviews.

Cons

The only negative aspect I've noted to date is that there should be more flexibility for page localization in the sitemaps section.

Response from FlowMapp

Thank you, Juliana!
We'll improve the Sitemap

Replied 21/12/2020
Samuel
  • Industry: Environmental Services

A brilliant tool

I've been working with flowmapp for a year, this tool has allowed me to save time on my projects!

Pros

Clear interface,

intuitive content creation,

multiple file support (doc, sketch, psd, ppt, xls, svg ...)

very well thought out collaborative work

soon the creation of wireframe

Cons

no desktop application

generation of unreadable PDFs (element too small)

no possibility to export just part of the user flow

slowing down of user flows when there are a lot of items

Response from FlowMapp

Thank you very much, Samuel!
Export will become better soon

Jamie

Great software

Pros

This software saves me so much time. I can create a sitemap in minutes rather than hours. Highly recommend it and look forward to future wireframe features.

Cons

Could work better on iPad. Moving around and zooming is tricky on touch devices.

Response from FlowMapp

Thank you, Jamie!
Touch devices, got it we'll discuss this with developers.

Jae

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

Best tool for sitemap generation & UX strategy creation

FlowMapp has been an invaluable tool in formulating a UX strategy both for our private and educational sector clients. The support has also been stellar, responding in less than a day in most cases.

Pros

FlowMapp is pretty much the only tool in the market that combines user profiling (personas), user journey mapping, user flow mapping, and comprehensive sitemapping tools.

The biggest draw was the sitemapping features. It quickly lets you add, move, and edit pages and sections, even for a fairly large site. The ability for team members and/or clients to participate in a conversation per page is also a plus.

Cons

There are some features I'd like to have, such as the ability to have more than one sitemap per project. Thankfully, that and other features are on the way in the upcoming version 2.